main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Confessions of Jedi Master Windu

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Shaitan, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Arrakis

Darth_Arrakis Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    I can see George Lucas sitting in his huge office reading this stuff...and laughing.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Me too, actually, but that is why i won't bet on him not having a new twist around. (Maybe not a major twist or anything, maybe not any twist, but maybe a little something to to get us going.....ahhhhhhhhh, drat how could we have missed this.....not betting either way, just not discounting anything yet.)

Darth_Arrakis- Thanks!

Funny how these bashers still hang around this thread and continue to add to it...

Im sure 'Shaitan' will agree with me that all flaming is welcome in our direction though and that we havent posted this thread to debate over and over about it. It is here to just be on record.

Comments are taken with a pinch of salt.

We can all discuss the outcome together on May 19th.

I'm wishing away the days.
    -------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya, but then again i do find it amusing to discuss the possibilities. Everyone adds a bit and it gives me more insight. Not absolutely to say this will or will not happen but rather a window into the characters, as others see them and as i may have not thought.

2. smackfu

smackfu Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    All those quotes from the Rots novel are EU in my book. More to the point, they are elaborations that did not exist prior to some hack novelist deciding to add it. Vapaad? EU crap, made up by some guy named Matt Stover. Who is Matt Stover? Some guy hired to write a novelization of a movie.

So lets clarify.

The Prequel Trilogy: written by George Lucas.
    TPM, AotC and RotS adaptations and their various 'elaborations': written by random freelance novelists to whom Star Wars is the paycheck of the month. These guys have as much say in Star Wars Canon as Supershadow in my book.

Not only are Stovers elaborations detrimental to the source material, but his prose is cringe-inducing. I haven't read RotS back to back, but excerpts I've read couldn't have been more horribly written had they started with 'it was a dark and stormy night'.

3. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

"Dark Confessions of a Jedi Master" - yeah, that had style!

Style - that elusive element that a would-be "writer" has got to have.

You go, guy!

4. IH2

IH2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    whats really interesting is if, if, there is a plot point not covered in the various materials released and only in the movie, most of these posters (who seem to think they have seen the movie already) won't have the sack to stand up and admit that they were wrong...
    I for one have been merely speculating on this idea and others here in the 3SA....none of it is canon to me until i see the movie, I have read the various materials and have found differences in all of them, a line here, a scene there...nothing of which convinces me that all of these put together give me the whole movie.

5. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    All those quotes from the Rots novel are EU in my book. More to the point, they are elaborations that did not exist prior to some hack novelist deciding to add it. Vapaad? EU crap, made up by some guy named Matt Stover. Who is Matt Stover? Some guy hired to write a novelization of a movie.

So lets clarify.

GL edited the novel word for word once Stover finished it.refer back to the interviews with Stover-present in the thread. Strange that he kept the fact of Windus attachement in there. Thats forbidden as a jedi. He didnt mention yoda or any of the other council having attachments.....sorry, yes he did anakin. What happened to that dude again?

Evereyone has made up there mind on this matter anyway. Its just a case of waiting
    to see who is right. I wish a certain someone who is dying to spill the beans would just come forward!

I am prepared to wait til the big day though.

Goodnite people.

6. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    Yeah, Mace's attatchment to the Republic. That's why he was fighting so hard against Sidious.

The cloe army was part of the Sith plot to destroy the Republic. That is why it's pointless to suggest Mace ordered it.

7. djearl81

djearl81 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    I enjoyed the ROTS book. I will enjoy the movie...with or without any special twists.

We are in a for a treat with at least 5 lightsaber duels, seeing Yoda fight again, seeing Mace fight a duel for the first time, seeing sidious fight for the first time. Not to mention the actual story about the Republic/Empire and the start of the Rebellion.

Will Mace turn to the dark side? I don't know.
    Will Han Solo appear in the movie? I don't know.
    Any major twists? I don't know.

Here's what I know. I want to see the movie. It's gonna be great no matter what because it's the final puzzle piece. You've heard the "facts" from both sides.

Sit back, have a drink...play a game...enjoy the ride fellas.

8. IMTHEGENERAL

IMTHEGENERAL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Yeah, Mace's attatchment to the Republic

attachment is forbidden as a Jedi. Are u saying that its alright for Mace to have this attachment?

Any other jedi would be breaking the code but as its mace....we will let him off?

Can you tell me what happened to anakin and dooku who had such attachments please...? They began to follow a darker path etc etc etc....thats what happened.

Maces attachment has been highlighted for a reason-why not foucus on other jedi like Fisto, Mundi or Koon? Its because they are just your standard jedi. Maces role is far more important in the whole scheme of things and his character has been well fleshed out in the novel and other sources with the 'green light' from GL. Mace loves the republic. this is his attachment-this is his flaw that is exploited by palpatine.

You get just enough from TPM and AOTC to see what is going to happen with Mace in this movie. For the 'younger' fan, the EU helps to feed you with more of what is in store.

Trust me, you will all get there.

anyway, like i said earlier....

goodnite.

9. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    It's just not possible that Mace Windu's bad. It's just speculation, I think. Not that it wasn't proof. I think it was mostly in there by accident...

10. mustardlyman

mustardlyman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    WAIT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't forget about the purple lightsaber!(not quite red,not quite blue).He's confused! Is he a Jedi or is he a Sith? I know. He's a Jith! No wait, he's black so he's a Dark Jedi! You guys are brilliant!! Thanks for clearing all this up.

11. sithforcemaster

sithforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

mustardlyman, That pretty much sums this thread up.

12. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Give it up people who think Windu is a traitor. It ain't going to happen. I've read the script and novel. It ain't going to happen. The sooner this is accepted, the less of a disappointment ROTS will be.

13. Yodas_Got_Bed_Head

Yodas_Got_Bed_Head Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2004
    Thanks mustardlyman, I just spit tea all over my keyboard.
    [face_laugh]

14. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    If it is final that Mace says your under arrest, it is only a formality, even if they could arrest him what hopes would they have of keeping him in jail, he has a lot of power and his supporters would try to rescue him. there is only one solution for the sith and that is elimination

15. steverodgers801

Apr 12, 2005
    I theorize that he force reflects the populace as a whole besides influencing and since sidious is stirring up evil in the republic this helps the dark and hurts the good since the jedi are losing contact with the force

16. steverodgers801

Apr 12, 2005
    2nd thought since the Jedi are losing connection to the force they are not able to make force infuenced decisions and are making more human and therefore flawed choices

17. smackfu

smackfu Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
  18. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    So I take it here that no one believes that the clone/archive/sifo mystery will be cleared up in ROTS deeming AOTC a waste of time.

Take into account that you cannot use the LOE explanation seeing that you have dismissed the points I have taken from Stover's ROTS novel (the more canon of the two).

Discuss.

p.s and if you do take what is written in LOE as canon does that mean you do the same for the ROTS novel? So What about Mace's attachment then...?

19. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    The clone/Sifo thing was already "cleared-up" in AOTC. Palpy and Tyranus ordered the clones under Sifo's name (Sifo was already dead -- Obi-Wan: "It was my understanding that Master Dyas died some time before then.") Before leaving the Jedi Order, Tyranus erased Kamino from the Archives (Pablo or Rick said that the man who had erased Kamino was seen on-screen in AOTC), Tyranus hired Jango Fett on one of the moons of Bogden ("I was hired by a man named Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden."), Jango became the template. Done.

20. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Mace will almost certainly quote a little Ezekiel after disarming Sids, and there may be a reference to his (un-jedi-like) wallet with Bad Mother****** written on it.

How the hell could Windu transport Sidious to a prison? What the hell kind of prison could hold him anyway? Mace pretty much had a choice of trying to kill the guy or skulking off empty-handed. As for the rest of the reasoning, you could weave almost any plot between quotes from & info about Mace, or any other character.

21. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    The clone/Sifo thing was already "cleared-up" in AOTC. Palpy and Tyranus ordered the clones under Sifo's name (Sifo was already dead -- Obi-Wan: "It was my understanding that Master Dyas died some time before then.")

OH yeah! I remember now! I must have forgotten! Can you post the dialogue where it states that Palpy and tyrannus ordered the clones? I seem to have...misplaced it!

Before leaving the Jedi Order, Tyranus erased Kamino from the Archives (Pablo or Rick said that the man who had erased Kamino was seen on-screen in AOTC), Tyranus hired Jango Fett on one of the moons of Bogden ("I was hired by a man named Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden."), Jango became the template. Done.

Ok. Tyrannus got jango on board. Thats fine. So that explains the archive/clone/sifo mystery how?

Plus, tell me if i wrong, wasnt Mace Windu on screen in AOTC?

So. I'll go back to my point. If people belive what is written in LOE, why not ROTS novel. If the answer is that they do believe it then you must see that mace has an attachment (where do they lead?...hmmmm). If not then the clone mystery wasnt canon either.

If you read my first post then you will see that i give two outcomes for mace's attachment and where it leads - clone mystery and dark side path OR dark side path.

22. Invictus_Sol

Aug 30, 2003
    Does it make more sense that Tyranus or Mace erased Kamino? I think it makes a lot more sense if it was Tyranus, seeing as how he's a proven traitor. Meh. Believe what you will.

23. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    Does it make more sense that Tyranus or Mace erased Kamino? I think it makes a lot more sense if it was Tyranus, seeing as how he's a proven traitor. Meh. Believe what you will.

Oh right. So its not stated in AOTC then? So do you believe the explanation in the EU novel LOE?

If so why don't you believe the things written about mace in ROTS novel?

I think you need to have a long and hard think about your argument .

24. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    someone has a BIT too much free time on their hands...good GOD that was rediculous and LONG!

25. Invictus_Sol

Aug 30, 2003
    Oh right. So its not stated in AOTC then? So do you believe the explanation in the EU novel LOE?

Um, I'm not going off LOE. According LOE, Syfo ordered the clones and then it was co-opted by Palps. I'm going off just common sense plus AOTC. Sorry, looks like you have no argument.

Again, Syfo was already dead, according to Obi-Wan, when the clones were ordered. Obviously, then it was Palpatine who ordered them. Tyranus was corrupted at some point just prior, and before leaving the Jedi Order, erased Kamino. Then he hired Jango as the template. Done and done. *cracks knuckles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.