main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Currents: AU, OC's, 400 ABY Now at Chapter 28 - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 15, 2014.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks for reading all! ^:)^

The next chapter will take a bit longer. I've been under the weather lately. I'm working on it. :D

Darius is my contrast to Marcus

It is the main tonal point, only because it was the latest canon when I started

Thank You Azure. The intensity is just starting. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart
    NightWatcher91

I've broken this chapter up into two parts. Here's the first one. Again, thank you for reading and enjoy.

Part Two: Darkness Rises

Chapter Ten Part 1: Jedi Training Facility, Dantooine 400 ABY

Vikka Gratua flipped through an obstacle course that ended with seven battle droids waiting to stun her as soon as she landed. Before she landed the last flip, Vikka used the Force to launch her shivs at the heads of two droids which brought them down. She landed in front of the remaining droids and fired a Force push at them. They resisted it with technology developed by the Jedi to help the droids last longer in battle simulations. The remaining droids drew their blasters and Vikka ignited her lightsabre. She quickly speared one droid and rolled for cover as the remaining droids opened fire on her. From cover, Vikka recalled her shivs with the Force and replaced them into her wrist launchers. She fired them right away at the heads of two more of the droids leaving two standing. Vikka wasted little time as she flipped into the air landing behind the two droids. She severed them both in half consequently ending the training session.

Vikka replaced her lightsabre onto her belt and wiped her brow. She went back to her quarters to prepare for a meeting with Trip. Over their bond she signalled him that she had completed her exercises and would be ready for their outing soon. In her quarters Vikka noticed that her comm station message indicator was blinking. She wondered who could be leaving a message for her, it was a first. Vikka played the message.

Greetings Knight Vikka Gratua. We understand you were trained under Jedi Knight Lorn Nyeb. We also know that there was a falling out between him and the Jedi Order some time ago. Since that time we have not been able to contact him as he seems to have disappeared from the galaxy. We have monitored your career closely and we understand you were an excellent operative in the field when you traveled with Lorn Nyeb and now you have become even more capable.

We are in need of someone like you and since your former master is missing we would like you to fill the void. If you are interested in helping the Empire please meet us on Coruscant at these co-ordinates in one standard week from today. You will be well compensated for your efforts upon completion of the mission. If we approve of your methods we will contact you again for future assignments as well. In the event that you reject our offer we will understand that your allegiance is to the Jedi. Know that if you try and expose this communiqué to the Jedi Order you will not get very far. There will be no record of this conversation anywhere as it is encrypted. If you bring other Jedi to the meeting we will know and will not be there. We hope to see you there as a representative of the New Galactic Empire.

Vikka was shocked by the message. Was this the Emperor speaking to her, or a representative of his office? She was also surprised by the arrogance that they conveyed thinking that their offer would sway her away from the Jedi Order. Vikka began to think about her past missions with her former master and how he would always say that they were doing a service for the Empire. In most cases they had assassinated corrupt politicians and captains of industry that the Empire deemed untrustworthy or they were in the way of Imperial dealings or projects. Even though she knew that in many cases Lorn Nyeb had lied to her, he still showed the benefits of their missions by bringing her his assignment files that included post missions affects. The benefits were more financial than anything else but when they destroyed small pirate groups, mercenary organizations and corrupt bureaucrats, they were doing something positive for the citizens of the galaxy.

Vikka started to think that if the mission was beneficial to the galaxy it might interest her. She wanted to help the galaxy anyway she could but only on her own terms. When she thought about the past two years since Lorn Nyeb defeated her, Trip, and Master Exas on Ryloth, Vikka felt that she had not done anything of significance. Even though her powers in the Force had grown and her lightsabre skills were all significantly improved in the past two years, Master Exas still protected her by keeping her as an instructor on Dantooine along with Trip. At first Vikka welcomed the slower pace because while working with Lorn Nyeb and doing her regular Jedi duties she had become fatigued and worn out.

At the same time her relationship with Trip had blossomed into a powerful bond. They had spent a great deal of time together to the point that some Jedi had commented to Master Exas that they were spending too much time together. That did not stop her from seeing Trip because they had Master Exas’ blessing. Even with the relationship going so well, Vikka did not feel free because she had so much left to give of herself for the betterment of the galaxy. She sometimes felt that since Lorn Nyeb had left, Master Exas and Trip had been holding her back somewhat. Vikka wondered if they feared her. Did they not trust her?

There was a chance this path would put Vikka against the Jedi but in actual fact she felt that she was continuing her duties to keep the Empire safe. If Vikka decided to do this mission, the conversation with Trip would be a difficult one. She would also have to decide whether to tell him exactly what she doing or lie to him again. He had been patient with her after Lorn Nyeb had escaped. Vikka had taken time alone to mend her will and rebuild her trust in other beings. Not being able to trust her Jedi Master had made Vikka re-evaluate all her relationships, including her and Trip. Vikka had always known that Trip cared for her but she could sense that there was always an unspoken apprehension within him. She thought that he was waiting for her to fail. Of course Trip had never said anything of the sort but it was merely a feeling she had.

The message interested Vikka because it meant doing something of significance again. First she wanted to make certain that the mission was not solely an assassination of someone that the Emperor disapproved of. Vikka wanted a positive result to come out of any action she took against her target. There was definitely a conflict within her because she would be lying to the Jedi and continuing the work of a man now deemed evil if she did any assignment. Vikka believed that if the result of any assignment was a positive one for the Empire then she was doing nothing wrong. She had started to convince herself that it was the will of the Force that led her to this decision. Vikka took a sani steam and went off to meet Trip.

Trip walked amongst the numerous vehicles in the Jedi Training Academies’ hanger bay and headed towards the archives to meet Vikka. He had prepared his ship for their outing by stocking it with food and caf for a picnic on the Dantooine plains near a small lake he had found during a scouting mission. Trip had been looking forward to their outing because it had been sometime since they had gone anywhere together. Vikka had been training more often recently and she had many classes with the younglings that occupied her time. They were usually always in the academy and he felt a change of scenery would be nice. The one thing they enjoyed even though they almost never left the academy was going to the roof of the academy after they were done with their duties, sitting together and looking at the night sky. Sometimes they never said anything to each other but Trip was always happiest when Vikka was in his arms.

Their relationship had reached new levels after Vikka had worked through the events of Ryloth with her former master Lorn Nyeb. The battle was brutal for the two of them but they emerged stronger from it. Now that Trip had discovered the truth about her dealings with Nyeb they could move on. Vikka still would not tell him the details of her missions with Nyeb, but Trip knew they weighed heavily on her mind. She believed that she was sparing him from the details and so Trip left it alone because he felt Vikka would tell him whenever she was ready.

Trip had been beaten badly by Vikka’s former master and so he had rededicated himself to his training. Trip worked very hard with Vikka to improve all his skills, which in turn pushed Vikka to be better as well. Trip had become more serious with his studies as well but was always kind and respectful to Vikka. He took the encounter with Nyeb as an embarrassment and vowed to never let anyone put him in that position again. Trip had never been so soundly beaten even if the dual was against a seasoned Jedi Master. Trip was also upset with himself because he could not protect Vikka, she had to save him. The dual was a true measuring stick of where he was in terms of skill. After suffering such a resounding defeat, Trip felt he was not good enough at the time and he wanted to change that.

Trip also took what Lorn Nyeb had told him about the dark warrior seriously. He studied whatever was available on the Dark Side, what was left of it and who was left practicing it. Trip heard the rumours of a Dark Jedi on Coruscant five years ago and the incident on Corellia with a Jedi Council member nine years before that, but there was no confirmation from the Jedi Council about those incidents.. The Council never disclosed any information, especially when it came to beings using the Dark Side of the Force. There was some criticism among other Jedi because the Council did this but for the most part it was accepted. Trip even asked Master Exas but his former master did not divulge anything. Trip wanted to be ready for anything including this Dark Side warrior that Nyeb spoke about, regardless if they were real or not.

Trip found the speeder he and Vikka were going to use that afternoon. He loaded it with the picnic items and then felt Vikka over their bond. She joined him and hoped into the speeder while Trip did the same. Vikka gave him a kiss on the check and sat back into her seat putting her harness on. Trip realized that she had closed the bond and he was about to say something but Vikka took his hand into hers and smiled at him. He forgot about the odd feeling he was getting from her and launched the speeder out of the hanger bay towards the lake.

Master Bail Exas sat in silence meditating in his chambers. He extended out with the Force trying to calm his mind of all distractions. He found it amazing that even at this age he still needed to calm his mind to truly achieve maximum concentration. Exas felt a disturbance in the Force far from Dantooine and so he decided to see if he could track it down. For the past two years things did not come as easily as they once did for the older Jedi. Master Exas was different since his battle with Lorn Nyeb. Exas realized that he was at a disadvantage when fighting younger opponents than him. He underestimated Nyeb and he paid for it dearly. He was left with the scars of the battle and a small hit to his pride.

Exas always maintained that those strong in the Force could battle any enemy effectively no matter how skilled that enemy was. He felt that he had failed the Jedi that day, especially Knights Gratua and Vrand. They were too young and inexperienced to dual a powerful Jedi like Lorn Nyeb. Knight Gratua had held her own from her account but Trip, his former apprentice, had been hurt badly. The young knight had taken time to recover form his injuries that were both physical and mental. Trip’s physical wounds had healed much earlier than the mental ones. Eventually Trip overcame the humiliation and began to train harder and he studied in the archives for hours. Exas was proud that his former Padawan had taken the defeat as a tool to hone his skill instead of letting it plague his thoughts.

Exas was in his trance and he began to feel the numerous presences in the Force around the training facility. He tried to reach farther and pinpoint the source of the disturbance he felt. Visions started to race across his mind and Exas began to see a forest cloaked in darkness. The leaves on the trees were blowing back and forth in a powerful wind. Exas then saw a little girl running through the tall grass just beyond the tree line. He could not see what she was running from but she was terrified. Then Exas saw a flash of another vision of that same girl sitting on a throne. The messages were mixed and Exas could now see another woman surrounded in darkness sitting on that throne with the little girl lying down in a pool of blood on the ground at her feet.

Exas snapped awake when the darkness crept back at him. The Jedi Master could only assume judging by the unmistakable dark side connection and the way the woman was dressed that she was a witch from Dathomir. The little girl was Exas’ greatest concern at that point but he knew he could not just leave for Dathomir or send any knights there; he had to consult with the Jedi Council on Coruscant. Exas went to his comm station and put through a request to speak to Grand Master Joy. Surprisingly only a few seconds after Exas put in the request he received a call back from the Temple.

“This is Bail Exas.” He answered the call.
    “Master Bail,” The instantly recognizable voice of the Grand Master came through. “It is good to hear form you. What can we do for you?”
    “Master Joy, it is always a pleasure.” Exas replied. “I wanted to share with you a vision I had with you. I fear there may be something going on Dathomir. May I come to Coruscant?”

The waters were calm on the small lake and the only sound that could be heard was the flapping of wings from the indigenous species of Dantooine. Trip laid flat on his back while Vikka sat beside him throwing pebbles into the water. They had not said much to each other as Vikka was in a contemplative state thinking about the offer she had received. She felt guilty even thinking about deceiving the Jedi but again, if she could help the Empire rid itself of a threat it made sense. If she deemed the operation as worthy then she would help.

Trip suddenly interrupted Vikka’s thoughts. “Hey, we don’t get a lot of time alone and your heads off in the clouds. What’s going on?”
    “Nothing, I’m just thinking about Master Nyeb.” Vikka replied.
    “Lorn Nyeb is not a Jedi anymore.” Trip said with annoyance in his voice. “He lost the privilege to be called ‘master.’ What are you thinking about? It’s not often that you shut me out Vikka.”
    “Sometimes my thoughts are my own Trip.” Vikka snapped back. “I don’t try to invade your mind over our bond.”
    Trip had a surprised look on his face after her response. “You haven’t spoken to me like that since you lied to me about your missions with Nyeb. What is going on with you Vikka? Are you in trouble? Please don’t lie to me.”

Vikka watched as Trip got to his feet standing above her. She did the same and stood face to face with him now. “I’m not in trouble Trip. I just need some time to work through some things. As a matter of fact I need some time alone. I can’t explain what I’m feeling these days. It’s like I’m falling to pieces or something. I don’t feel like I’m the Jedi I should be. I need to find out who that Jedi is.”

Trip gave Vikka a hurt look. “What are you saying Vikka?”

Suddenly Vikka did not even know herself what she was thinking or saying. Did she really want this? She wanted to see what the Imperial contact was offering but she knew she could not do it if Trip was around. He did not understand that she needed to do this to make up for all the wrong things that Lorn made her do. Trip was a good Jedi with a good heart, not like her. Vikka knew she could sway between the line of light and dark, bend the rules just as her former master said she could. Perhaps that was her destiny after all. Everything that Lorn Nyeb said was almost coming to fruition, almost everything. Vikka would control the missions, the chaos, and the deaths.

“I’m saying that we need…” Vikka started saying. “I need, some time away from the Jedi, from everything. I love you Trip but you have to let me do this.”
    “No Vikka. Not this time. I watched you leave two years ago and we almost got killed because of Lorn Nyeb.” Trip said. “I won’t let you leave me here while you go off and get into some kind of trouble that I could help you with. Is he back, is Nyeb threatening you?”
    “Lorn Nyeb has nothing to do with this and no one is threatening me.” Vikka said. “Believe me when I tell you I would have told you Trip. I need to be on my own a bit. I’ll be back, I promise you.”
    Vikka walked up to him and put her hand on his check and bent towards him giving him a long soft kiss on his lips. As she pulled back Vikka said, “I love you Trip. There is nothing that I wouldn’t do for you. You have to do this for me.”
    “I love you too Vikka. I just don’t understand why we can’t do what you need done together?” Trip asked while bringing her in closer. “You and I can do anything together, overcome anything. You just need to talk to me.”
    “There’s nothing to talk about Trip, just let me have some alone time. I’ll be back.” Vikka said while giving him one last kiss.

They let go of each other and packed up the picnic and headed towards the speeder they came on. No one said anything as there was nothing left to say. Trip realized that there was nothing he could say to Vikka. Once she had her mind made it was almost impossible to change it. He could not understand why Vikka felt she had to do anything alone when he was right there to help her with anything she needed. Trip knew that even though Vikka said that there was nothing wrong, he could feel that she was about to go off and put herself in danger. The worst part was that she said she did not want him wherever she was going.

As they entered the hanger bay Trip noticed that Master Exas’ personal ship was missing. He knew his former master almost never left the training grounds. Trip watched as Vikka got out of their speeder giving him a small smile. He smiled back and said. “I’d still like to talk to you about all this before you do anything. I’m going to see where Master Exas went though, his ship is gone.”
    “Of course,” Vikka said. “I’ll see you in my quarters.”

Vikka walked away and Trip went to find the deck officer that recorded all incoming and outgoing ships from the docking bay. When Trip found him he saw that the officer was working away at a console. “Deck Officer,” Trip began to ask. “Where has Master Exas gone?”
    “Hello Master Jedi,” The officer responded. “Master Exas went to Coruscant.”
    “Curious,” Trip said more to himself than to the officer. “Did he saw anything else? Did he say when he was coming back?”
    “Master Exas gave me a one week flight plan.” The officer responded.
    “Thank You.” Trip concluded the conversation.

Trip began to wonder where Master Exas could have gone. His old master was usually very forthcoming with information so he had a bad feeling as to why he left in such a rush to Coruscant. Trip still needed to talk to Vikka about leaving and now Master Exas had left as well. Trip felt a sudden feeling that things were not right, events were in motion, and it was the Jedi in the middle of the storm. He entered Vikka’s quarters finding her packing a bag and immediately his feelings were sinking even lower. He was angry more than anything else and that did not sit well with him. Trip did not like being angry especially when it came to Vikka. He loved her so much and could not believe she was doing this to him.

“I’m not doing this to hurt you Trip.” Vikka said shocking him that she knew what he was thinking. “I’m doing this for me, to feel important again.”
    Trip walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her. “You are the most important thing in my life Vikka. You are important to your teachers, students, and the Jedi Order. What else is there?”
    “I want to feel important to myself again Trip. That’s the only way I can explain it.” Vikka said looking down. “I’m not getting that here right now. Please understand.”
    “I want to Vikka. I just don’t understand why you have to leave me.” Trip admitted. “I’ll miss you and worry myself to death. You know I will.”
    “Open the bond Trip and I’ll be there.” Vikka said kissing him. “I’m also here right now.”

Vikka led Trip to the bed and they laid down together kissing the whole time. Both knew that this would be the last time in a while where they would be in each other’s embrace. The passion rose immediately and Trip found himself kissing Vikka harder than he had ever done before. He held her body firmly and she held his the same, as if they did not want to let each other go ever again. Trip knew in the back of his mind that these moments were precious. It was difficult to think that he would not be able to hold his beloved Vikka again for a long time. He took in everything about her from her smell to the shape of her body; he kissed and touched every inch of it as she did the same to him. They went long into the night and ended up into each other’s arms by early morning. Vikka woke up earlier than Trip and made all her preparations for her departure. She kissed his head while he slept and left a note on his datapad that simply said she loved him, not to worry about her and that she would return to him.

Vikka went with her packed bags to the hanger bay and gave a blank flight plan to the deck officer who gave her a blank stare in return. Vikka merely winked at him and went to her ship which was a small freighter that had all the things she needed for her journey. She initiated the launch sequence and took her ship up into the atmosphere. From the cockpit she saw the sun rise which was always beautiful on the lush plains of Dantooine. She would miss them and she would especially miss watching the sun rise with Trip. This was something she had to do and experience for herself without help or hindrances. It may have been the Force telling her to do this but Vikka knew it was more her own heart that wanted this challenge.

Jedi Temple – Coruscant

Jedi Master Bail Exas sat in his seat among the other council members. Grand Master Joy was accompanied by her husband Master Brun Sarro and a newer master that Exas did not know yet personally. Since the deaths of Masters Sella Jenner and Master Jana Radii, the Grand Master promoted the Sword of the Jedi to the Council, Darius Baron. He went from a young Dark Side apprentice to a confused boy, to a powerful Jedi Knight and now he had achieved Master status on the Council. His ascension was well known among the Jedi ranks. There were those that disagreed but in the end the Grand Master made the decision with the blessing of Master Sarro and Master Exas. Master Baron was ready for the responsibility that the Council put before him and that was all that mattered.

“So my friend, what brings you to Coruscant from Dantooine?” Master Joy began.

“Greetings my fellow Council members,” Exas replied. “I came to you in the hopes of clarifying a vision I had of what I think was about Dathomir’s line of succession. I fear the head of the witches is in danger from a plot meant to destroy her whole family.”

Master Joy was first to speak. “I know the leader of the main tribe. The Nightsisters are at peace on Dathomir. I would have heard something Master Exas. What did you see?”

“I saw a little girl running through a forest being chased by something or someone,” Exas described. “Later that same girl was sitting on a throne, and then another woman was sitting on the same throne but the little girl was seemingly dead at her feet.”

“Curious,” Master Brun Sarro replied. “Could there be a coup attempt on Delia Ran’s reign as head Nightsister Joy?”

“I suppose anything is possible Brun.” Master Joy said. “I know Delia’s second in command is an ambitious woman. Tara N’Tolla I believe her name is. I don’t know her well enough to make that kind of an assumption.”

“Ambition is a powerful temptation Master Joy.” Darius replied. “Tara may have been biding her time, waiting for the perfect opportunity. I understand that you know the head Nightsister but is she a friend to the Jedi?”

“She wouldn’t cross us Darius.” Brun answered. “The Nightsisters have been docile for decades because they know any uprising would be squashed by an Imperial garrison touching down on Dathomir. Never mind that the Jedi would be involved as well. We would need to understand Tara’s politics. If she is against the Empire or the Jedi Order she will have to be put down with whatever support she garners.”

“We should open the lines of the communication with Delia. We cannot have a rogue element take over the Dathomirian Nightsisters. That would cause a threat to the Empire and even Force users in general.” Master Exas said and then realized something else. “Does she have any children Master Joy?”

A grim look came over the Grand Master. “Yes she has a young daughter, Muriel. Delia’s husband was killed defending the tribe from a herd of young rancors.” Joy paused. “I will attempt to communicate with Queen Delia and if I hear anything I don’t like I think we should send Jedi to Dathomir. Master Exas, would you be willing to go? I trust you have one or two knights under your charge that could help you?”

“Of course Master Joy, I have two in mind already.” Exas said while bowing his head.
    “Very well” Master Joy said while rising to her feet. “Master Exas will go to Dathomir with his selection of Jedi Knights to investigate any possible threat there. May the Force be with us all.”

“What do mean she left? Where did Vikka go, Trip?” Master Exas’ annoyance could be heard in his voice over the comm. “Why wasn’t I told about this? Knight Gratua should have consulted with me first before taking such rash action. I need you two for an important mission.”

“I’m sorry Master Exas but she wouldn’t hear it. She said she had to go and do this for her own sake.” Trip said over the comm. “I’m worried about her Master. I think this has something to do with Lorn Nyeb. The only other time Vikka was ever this illusive was when she and Lorn were doing their own missions together.”

“I have been sensing that Vikka has been unsatisfied at the academy of late.” Exas remembered. “She has been commenting about doing something of significance for the Order. I told her that the proper training of younglings was extremely important to the Order since there are so few of us now.”
    “I tried telling her the same thing as well Master but Vikka wouldn’t have it. I even used our relationship but that didn’t work either.” Trip said almost sounding defeated.
    “Vikka loves you Trip you must believe that. She has told me so numerous times during our private conversations.” Exas said trying to sound reassuring to Trip. “Some beings are just meant to fly on a different path than others. Your paths will intersect again Trip sooner rather than later.”
    “Yes Master,” Trip said not sounding convinced. “Thank You for your counsel. As always you can calm me down.”
    “I’m coming back to Academy and form there we will head to Dathomir if the Grand Master discovers anything wrong.” Exas said.
    “Dathomir, why would we be going there?” Trip asked.
    “We may have to save the Queen Delia and her daughter from a coup attempt.” Master Exas said before closing down the comm.

Exas went over the conversation with Trip in his mind again. Vikka’s disappearance was unfortunate and he felt it was especially selfish of her. Now more than ever the Jedi were in a precarious position with so few of them in the galaxy. Missions like the one they may have to engage in on Dathomir always proved how thin the Jedi ranks actually were. Mostly Exas felt for Trip and the obvious concern he had for Vikka. The Jedi Master wanted their relationship to be an anchor for both of them but he was realizing that Vikka was different and needed more freedom in her life. Some souls always look for more than they already have.

Coruscant

Vikka pulled her ship out of hyperspace when she reached Coruscant and gave false credentials to the planetary orbital defence station. They cleared her ship with no issue as she was registered with a bogus shipping company. Vikka had advised her contact that she would be coming to listen to their proposition at first and so she was given the coordinates to a private docking bay where she could land safely without threat of being discovered by anyone. The whole situation made Vikka wonder just how high up the political rankings this operation went. Manipulating ship logs and credentials was not easily done considering it was run by the CSF on Coruscant.

Vikka landed her ship in the docking bay and did not see any workers in the hanger. The only thing there was a two seat speeder off to the left. She closed the loading ramp and voice locked the ship. She loved her ship which she called the Ulik in Mando’a. That translated into pack animal in Galactic Basic. She acquired the ship from Lorn Nyeb as she won a wager that she could take out six battle droids without a lightsabre and without getting hit at all. The battle did not take long as all Vikka needed was a Force push and some projectiles she made out of debris. Her master was impressed and gave her the small freighter. Master Exas had to clear the ship but there was no issue with it as Lorn Nyeb had owned it for decades before hand.

When Vikka got into the speeder she found a datapad that had a voice recording on it that explained the speeder had a navigation point already set into its computer. All Vikka had to do was turn on the engines. She did so and the speeder started to take off on its own. While in the vehicle Vikka admired the Coruscanti skyline and sky lanes. The traffic was somehow a calming feeling for her. She could also feel the density of the Force here. The mass of beings here made it almost impossible to calm her mind, almost. Vikka had done numerous cognitive exercises with Master Exas so it was something she could achieve but with a little more difficulty here on Coruscant. Dantooine was sparsely populated so it was a much easier task there.

The speeder landed on a pad that had nothing on it except a massive Gran waiting for her. In broken basic he said to Vikka that her speeder would be taken care of and to proceed with caution. When she was about to ask where to proceed, an entrance opened up to reveal illuminated steps. Vikka’s black Jedi robes skipped in the wind before she went down the steps to a doorway guarded by another large Gran. He opened the door and Vikka was hit with a wave of fast paced music, bright flashing lights and heat. She made sure that her lightsabre was attached to her belt and entered the club. There was a stage in the middle of the circular room that was quite high up. The bar was all around the circumference of the stage with hundreds of beings from every species she could think of. Tables were also placed throughout the bar along the walls creating a walkway between the stage and tables.

The stage had attractive female dancers from most bipedal species in various stages of dress. Vikka was not repulsed by the way these females were being used as objects of lust but intrigued by the fact that her contacts wanted to meet here. She pictured Nyeb coming her and enjoying the view and then she wondered whether Trip would have enjoyed such a place. Vikka walked through and noticed the tables had mostly male patrons around them with female companions that were working at this club. Vikka watched as some of the women were being harassed and she was close to acting on her anger but she then saw Gran bouncers arrive and escort the rowdy patrons out of the club. She was happy to see that some of those patrons were escorted off their feet.

A Twi’lek female wearing a beautiful tight fitting dress approached Vikka and stopped in front of her before saying, “Please follow me Ms. Gratua.”

Vikka said nothing and nodded her head to the attractive Twi’lek. She followed to a red curtain that the hostess opened to display a semicircle table with two men, a Twi’lek and a Human sitting behind it on padded benches. There was one chair in front of her and the human motioned her to sit. Vikka sat and watched as the hostess closed the curtain leaving the three of them alone.

Vikka spoke first. “This is an interesting place to meet gentlemen.”
    “A place like this is the last place someone would expect senators to be loitering.” The Twi’lek said.
    “Actually in my experience I know many senators that hang out in places exactly like this.” Vikka replied with a smirk.
    The Human laughed and then said to her, “Touché Master Jedi. Can we offer you anything?”
    “No I’m fine,” Vikka responded quickly. “I want to hear about the assignment.”

The two supposed senators looked at each other and the human produced a datapad and slid it over to Vikka. “On that datapad you will find a dossier on a senator from Fondor named Jerrod Pfaff. He frequents this place often which is why we are meeting here. We have discovered through numerous intelligence briefs that he has been corrupted to the point where he is aiding underground war lords in smuggling illegal weapons onto the planet. He makes the arrangements with the docking officials and he pays them to label the weapons shipments as food stuff.”

Vikka opened the datapad and looked through some of the information. “How do I know this man isn’t someone you two just want knocked off because he’s in your way? How do I know I’m not just doing your dirty work?”

“The information is credible and if you’d like to investigate it further on your own then by all means do so.” The Twi’lek responded. “He is a threat to the Empire and could create a major conflict on Fondor. If these pirate war lords continue to arm themselves like this they could threaten the Fondorian shipyards.”

“It’s seamless business and order that we seek Master Jedi, nothing else. The Imperial military will do the rest if and when you take out the source of their weapons. The only thing you will need to concern yourself with is how you will carry it out. The senator is always with an armed escort and they never leave his side. His apartment on Fondor and Coruscant are both heavily guarded as well. He takes his security very seriously.” The human finished.

“I’ll worry about that part of the operation; I have some experience with infiltration. Who are you two?” Vikka asked. “Are you senators, or just my handlers? Lorn Nyeb used to call people like you by that name.”

“Lorn Nyeb had powerful friends within the Empire’s administration Knight Gratua,” The human said. “That brings us to the next item of business we have to discuss. We were not entirely truthful with you about Lorn Nyeb’s defection.”

“What do you mean? The previous message said that he was out of contact.” Vikka responded.

“No, his handlers as you call them decided that he was not a viable asset anymore. A rift with the Jedi Order is exactly what we wish to avoid. That goes for you as well Master Jedi. If you feel your Jedi duties will be an issue with these assignments, you should walk away now.”

“No, the Jedi are not a concern to me right now.” Vikka said surprising herself. “No one knows I’m here. I want to rid the galaxy of beings like this. It should be the duty of the Jedi to do this but some Masters are too set in their ways. I want to help as long as I’m not carrying out assassinations that only help your personal interests.”

“We realized that when we contacted you Knight Gratua. Your master had no issue doing personal favours for some senators. That will not be asked of you.” The Twi’lek assured her.
    “If you want Lorn Nyeb’s location we can give you his last known whereabouts.” The Human said. “What you do with that information is up to you but you must complete the mission on the Fondorian senator first.”
    Vikka’s attention perked up at the mention of her Master’s location. “Where is he?”
    “Dathomir,” the Human said.

AzureAngel2 and The_Zeltron like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Excellent! The mystery deepens as Vikka seems to be walking a fine line. [face_worried]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Vikka sure is busy.
    Mystery all around

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks all for reading. Chapter 10 P2 will be up this week, probably the weekend. [​IMG] To you all!

She's the wild card. You never know what she's up too. The_Zeltron You know. :p

She gets busier. ;)

6. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Sure do! :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Chapter 10 Part 2

Blue Desert City - Dathomir

Jedi Master Bail Exas and Knight Trip Vrand landed on Dathomir in the Blue Dessert City spaceport. It was crude compared to the almost city like venues that serviced Coruscant and Corellia but it was the major travel and trading hub of Dathomir. The planet was in the midst of a great time of peace since the Jedi-Imperial Act. The Nightsisters which were the ‘dark side’ users of Dathomir were completely eradicated for the most part. The Dathomirian Witches that were led by the Bright Sun Clan established long ago with the help of Luke Skywalker now ruled the planet. These witches followed the light path and had defeated their darker counter parts with the remaining Jedi shortly after Darth Krayt’s Sith Empire fell. The remaining Nightsisters were pushed into Dathomir’s forests and kept there by the leading clan, thus keeping true to the politics of the Imperial regime. If something had happened to the Queen Delia then this signified a possible return of the Nightsisters.

The two Jedi disembarked from their ship only to find that there was no one there to meet them. Master Joy had said that Delia would send an emissary to meet them when they had arrived and bring them to the Bright Sun Clan’s village. Master Exas could sense a dark power in the area which was not difficult considering the generations of Force users using the Dark Side here. Something was not right and it was not just the lack of an escort, or the dark taint of Dathomir, the Jedi Master sensed a presence that was all too familiar, a confrontation was coming.

“Master,” Trip started to say. “Should we take the ship to the Bright Sun’s village? I’m sensing that we don’t have much time. Events are already in motion here.”

“I’m going to agree Trip. I think we aren’t going to be very welcome there.”

As the two Jedi were about to enter their ship they both sensed a slight disturbance in the Force. They turned around and saw two rancor bulls, which were being ridden by what looked like two witches. There were also four Zabrak males heavily armed flanking the rancors. Through the Force Exas and Trip could feel their doubt about approaching two Jedi Knights but they also felt that these Dathomiri were ready for a fight.

“Let me guess, the welcoming committee?” Trip said with sarcasm.
    “You would do well to keep your mouth shut Jedi.” One of the witches said from her mount. “You are intruders here and we are here to bring you before Queen Tara.”

Master Exas’ fears had been realized, the coup had already taken place. Master Joy had presumed correctly that Tara had taken control over the royal family.

“What of Queen Delia?” Exas asked.
    “Tara N’Tolla is the Queen old man. Now follow us or we will make you do so.”

Trip started to put his hand on his lightsabre but Master Exas shook his head. Trip listened to his former master and gave Exas a nod in recognition of the order. The two Jedi followed the group of Dathomiri to a transport that took them all on a route through a lush forests region. They all arrived to a complex of buildings that was behind a high thick duracrete wall. Through the gates of the fortress they were met by more heavily armed males that consisted of humans and Zabraks. A central building looked like the main point of interest as the Jedi were being led there. When they entered the citadel only the Nightsisters came inside as part of their convoy stayed behind. They all entered a throne room and finally Exas and Trip were introduced to the new Queen.

She was human but bore tribal tattoos all over the exposed parts of her body. Master Exas could sense the Dark Side within her. He was not sure just how powerful the witch was but she would surely be a formidable opponent. From prior research the Jedi Master studied numerous Nightsisters that were considered very powerful during their reigns. Mother Talzin was a constant threat against the Republic hundreds of years before. Soon after Talzin a witch named Gethzerion was considered by Darth Sidious himself as a threat. Now Exas needed to find out what this new ‘queen’ had done to the leading family of the clan.

Tara stood and regarded her Jedi prisoners with disdain, she was not pleased. “You came earlier than I thought Master Jedi. I figured I had more time to consolidate my position here.” she said.

“Where is the Queen?” Exas asked.
    “Right in front of you Master Jedi.”
    “Where is Delia Ran?” Trip asked with annoyance in his voice.

“That weakling is dead young man. Her husband is dead, her daughter is dead, and her sister has been arrested and will be executed tomorrow. I have taken control of Dathomir, the planet is mine.”

Both Jedi could feel Tara’s anger start to rise as they mentioned Delia but they still needed evidence of Delia’s fate. “We want proof, you could be lying in hopes we don’t go looking for the family. Besides, the Empire won’t recognize your ascension if you killed Delia in cold blood. ” Trip replied.

“Her line is broken, and the Empire will accept my rule as I have made the right connections.”
    “Working with Lorn Nyeb will only end in your downfall.” Exas said surprising everyone with the comment. “Search your feelings Tara; he is using you and your tribe.”

Tara waited a few moments as she was obviously surprised by the Jedi Master’s knowledge. “The man you speak of is here Master Jedi but he does not control me or my tribe. He is my tool.”

“You have no idea how that man operates Tara. Lorn Nyeb has an agenda and he’ll show his true colours soon enough.” Trip added.
    “Silence,” Tara yelled. “My rule is uncontested! I am arresting you and sentencing you to death!”
    “On what charge?” Exas asked, oddly calm.
    “Treason and trespassing.”
    “Save me your brand of justice Nightsister. It’s you that give the Dathomirian witches a bad name.” Trip responded.
    “That’s right Jedi. I am a Nightsister and you would do well to remember that.” Tara threatened as her hands started to glow a sickly green colour. “Do not try and go for you lightsabres, you will regret it.”

Master Exas took his lightsabre and threw it onto the ground. Trip was surprised but followed his master’s lead. Numerous Nightbrothers stepped forward with pikes that had electrical currents running through the tips. They surrounded the Jedi and forced them to a side access door that led to a staircase and then the floor of prisoner cells. The two Jedi were thrown in and all of the Zabraks stood there guarding them. Exas looked at the walls and he tried to reach out with the Force and pull the bricks free but he could not. The Nightsisters obviously had powers that were minimizing Exas’ ability to use the Force but he could still feel the Force and that was the most important thing.

“Master, do we have a plan?” Trip asked. “I don’t like this one.”
    “There are simply too many of them Trip. We can’t fight them all off. We still need to find out what part Lorn Nyeb has to play in all of this.” Exas responded.
    “How did you know he was even involved Master?”
    “I sensed his presence when we arrived. I’m still trying to understand it Trip. There must be a reason he fell in league with Tara.”
    “There is a reason old man.” An unmistakable voice came through the darkness.

“You bastard, of course you come when we’re locked up.” Trip said as he got to his feet and clenched his fists. His anger had burst to the fore with the site of Nyeb but he also felt a little bit of relief because if he was on Dathomir that meant Vikka was not going after him. On the other hand, Nyeb being on Dathomir also made Trip question what was Vikka actually up to?

“You didn't fare too well the last time we met Jedi, neither of you did.” Nyeb shot back.

“You evaded us for all this time Lorn and now you return, on Dathomir. Why are you here old friend?” Exas asked.

“I need an army Bail. I need an army to destroy the Sith.” Nyeb responded. “Don’t you feel the looming darkness that is coming Bail? If the Jedi refuse to do anything, then I must. To preserve the Empire.”

“The Sith? What do you know Lorn?” Exas asked again.
    “Nothing you haven’t already felt, old friend. The Dark Side will always be, it can never be defeated.” Nyeb started to leave. “Don’t pursue me, of course that’s if you even get out of here. Tara is not pleased you came before she could finish her little coup.”
    “We know she’s going to execute Delia’s sister.” Trip said. “Tara will probably step up the time frame now.”
    “There is more you don’t understand Jedi, the daughter is still alive.”
    “The daughter,’ Trip said. “You know where she is?”
    “Of course I know where she is. I told Tara that I killed her but I would never butcher a child as promising as Muriel Ran.” Nyeb revealed.
    “You intend to make her your apprentice like you did Vikka don’t you?” Exas assumed.
    “Yes I do and this time I’ll make sure that Muriel does not betray me like Vikka did. I have not forgotten my former Padawan, I will have my vengeance on her soon enough.”

Trip had heard enough, he rose to his feet and unleashed a powerful Force push that knocked over the unsuspecting Zabrak guards. Nyeb protected himself by absorbing some of the blow but it still forced him backwards. Nyeb wasted no time in igniting his lightsabre in anger and he then swiped the cell bars to get at Trip. As Nyeb approached Trip took a defensive stance knowing that without a lightsabre he was practically defenceless. Exas stood beside Trip and wanted to reason with Nyeb. In his rage, Nyeb was about to strike at the two Jedi but he suddenly stopped and started to look around. All three men knew what it was as the Force reverberated with the Light Side, the Jedi had arrived.

“I know you can sense that Nyeb,” Trip said with a smile. “This would be your cue to run and hide.”

Nyeb heeded the young Jedi’s words and made a quick exit from the prison level. The Zabrak guards had left as well, probably rallying to their queen. Master Exas and Knight Vrand quickly ran up the steps as well in pursuit of Nyeb but when they got to the main chamber there was a battle raging with the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers. The Jedi had arrived and from what Exas could see Masters Brun Sarro and Darius Baron were leading a strike team of twenty or so Jedi Knights. The throne room had become a battle ground as the hum of lightsabres and the taint of the Nightsisters magic filled the air. Bail and Trip found Master Brun Sarro in the middle of the fight and the Jedi Master smiled at them.

“Master Brun, Master Darius, thank you for the assistance. What of Tara?” Exas asked.

“Don’t thank me yet gentlemen.” Brun said while handing them both new lightsabres. “The Queen has escaped but not before she unleashed this army on us. The size of her group is much larger than we thought.”

“Master Brun we have to find Muriel Ran.” Exas said. “It’s possible that if these people see the rightful heir to the throne they may stop this rebellion.”
    “Then take Knight Vrand and find her Bail. We’ll handle this from here.”
    “Master Exas, we don’t know where Muriel Ran is.” Trip said.
    “No Trip, Lorn Nyeb left quite the trail. I can sense his taint, follow me.” Exas replied.

The two Jedi left the throne room but had to fight their way outside. The scene was not much better. Ten Jedi Knights were holding their ground but the Nightbrothers were making a push. Trip motioned to Exas that he would assist the Jedi and his former master understood quickly, he would go after Muriel. The old master gave Trip a tracing device and they split up for their personal tasks. Trip remained with the Jedi Knights and watched as two brave Jedi fell in the battle. The Nightbrother’s numbers was their major advantage. There were too many enemies, too many angles to cover. Trip hacked and slashed his way through four Nightbrothers but only wounding them so they could not continue on. When he felt he had done enough he saluted the four remaining Jedi and left to follow Master Exas.

Exas followed his senses and came to a hill side that had a cave. Lorn Nyeb’s presence was unmistakable to Exas and as he approached Nyeb himself made his way out of the cave. Both men ignited their lightsabres simultaneously as there were no words just between them. There was only hatred in the Force from Nyeb and pity for him from Exas.

“I was about to leave Bail, yet here you are again, standing in my way.” Nyeb said. “Let us finally end the game.”

Exas had not said anything because he was preparing himself for inevitable confrontation. The older master knew that his skills had deteriorated but his connection to the Force was still a strong one. Exas knew that older animals were always at their most fierce at the end and he would have to fight for his life now. Nyeb threw down a hard overhand strike that Exas parried with great difficulty. Nyeb followed it up with a barrage of slashes and hacks that Exas had parried but he felt himself weakening already. Nyeb smelled blood and kicked the old master in his stomach, making him fold over and then he kneed Exas in the face causing him to fall back. Nyeb raised his lightsabre for a final blow when he felt another coming.

Trip was in a sprint and when he made it to the entrance he saw Nyeb about to kill Master Exas. In his next motion he took his lightsabre and threw it like a spear at Nyeb who had to abandon his attack to avoid Trip’s lightsabre. Nyeb wasted no time in attacking Trip who rolled to buy himself some space and time. Exas in a final act before he passed out tossed Trip his lightsabre and with the Force the young Jedi caught it before Lorn could do anything about it.

“Back for another round young one?” Nyeb taunted.
    “This round will be much different traitor. This round I do it for all of us. Me, Master Exas, and Vikka…”

Before Trip could finish, Nyeb surprised him with a blast of Force lightning. Trip raised his lightsabre for a partial block but he was still hit by the attack. Nyeb took advantage by starting to throw multiple hacks and slashes at the Jedi Knight. To avoid them Trip rolled out of the way but this time Nyeb followed him. Trip waited to be facing Nyeb during the roll to lash out with a Force push that caught Nyeb and sent him backwards. Trip got to his feet and went on the attack throwing a barrage of strikes that Nyeb parried.

“You’re skills have improved Vrand. You almost made me break a sweat.” Nyeb taunted again.
    “No more talk traitor. It ends here.” Trip declared.

Trip doubled his efforts and tried to calm his mind during the attack because he could feel his anger rising. He did not want to make the same mistakes countless other Jedi had made. Trip was taught by Master Exas that the best time to calm one’s mind was during a fight and that was exactly what he did. With the Force guiding him Trip fought with a renewed vigour and grace in his movements. Nyeb recognized it and had to raise his own dedication when he saw the young man drawing heavily from the Force. The battle was turning into a stalemate but Nyeb was not fully at his limit. Trip on the other hand was trying the hardest he ever had. Vikka had entered his mind because if he could stop Nyeb here, he could save Vikka from having to fight him herself. She had said many times that Nyeb had to be stopped and he wanted to do it now for his love, to keep her safe. Trip attempted to connect with Vikka via the bond but could feel her through the Force. Most of the time it was easy and Vikka was always there to give him a kind word, a reassurance, or a declaration of the love. Now the bond was empty at the other end while he was in the fight of his life.

“Your thoughts betray you Knight Vrand. I can feel you reach for your companion. Oh the love you two share.” Nyeb was relentless in his verbal attacks as well as his physical ones. “She mentioned you often when she was having moral dilemmas. It was quite annoying to see her doubt herself so much.”

“That because she is not as corrupt as you Nyeb. She is a Jedi.” Trip lashed back.
    “That is where you’re wrong Trip. There is darkness in her that is yet to be unleashed. I tried so very hard to let it out but she resisted. I suppose I have you to blame for that.”
    “I’ll stop you here Nyeb. The Jedi will prevail here today.”
    “At what cost Trip? The Jedi have suffered many losses today. The Jedi numbers were less than a hundred throughout the galaxy. We can thank the Jedi-Imperial Act for that.”
    “It’s kept the peace Nyeb. That’s all that matters.”

“Has it? It’s kept us in check, which is exactly what the line of Emperors since Marasiah Fel wanted. Those with Force powers either hide them or are incarcerated and sentenced to death. With the Force almost being outlawed those that had the smallest sensitivity used to be nurtured and cultivated by past versions of the Jedi. Now they are afraid and ostracized.”

“You’re a hypocrite Nyeb, you worked for the Emperor.”

“That was never proven. I worked for someone in a government office. That was all rumours and never has been proven. Vikka never knew who my contacts were, or spoke with them directly so her word is useless.”

Suddenly Trip made a connection. He wondered if those connections had contacted Vikka and that was what she needed to do. Trip became worried for her again. Why she felt she had to do these things alone was beyond him. It made him angry. “What have you gotten Vikka into?” Trip asked.

“That schutta! They made contact with her and gave her my work? Oh I’m going to kill her, painfully.” Nyeb declared.

Nyeb’s anger was evident. His strikes had more power behind them, they were fiercer and all kill shots. Trip’s defences were tested to their limit until they were finally breached. Nyeb scored a hit that would have slashed Trip in half if not for a last second move backwards. Instead it gashed his abdomen. Trip fell back and Nyeb moved into a position to destroy Trip but he was disrupted. This time Brun Sarro and six other Jedi Knights standing behind him arrived to the scene. Nyeb knew that this was a battle he would lose, Brun Sarro was a powerful Jedi Master and he felt a great power amongst the other six Jedi. He recognized Darius Baron, the new Sword of the Jedi. It was a position he was once considered for but that all changed because of Master Exas’ mistrust of him. Nyeb took out two frag grenades and threw them at the Jedi who all ducked for cover.

The explosions left a dust cloud and gave Nyeb a chance to escape the Jedi Knights. Two of the Knights went after Lorn Nyeb but Master Sarro knew he would be gone. He directed the other knights to pick up Master Exas and Darius went to pick up Trip and bring him to the transport. Master Exas awoke and told the knights to let him be. They did and he followed Master Sarro into the cave. They found Muriel Ran tied up to a cross much like the Embrace f Pain. A torture device that usually broke the spirit of those tied up to it as they were at the mercy of their captors.

The little girl’s wrists were bloodied and her face was bruised. Through the Force they could sense the little girl’s life force was stable. Master Exas could only think about Vikka and how she must have had to endure the same suffering. He was thankful they had saved young Muriel from the torment of Lorn Nyeb. The Knights that went looking for Nyeb had returned and they took the young queen for medical attention.

“Master Sarro, did you find Tara?” Exas asked. “How did you stop the rebellion?”
    “We were fortunate Bail.” Brun started to explain. “Tara never got to kill Delia’s sister and therefore her claim to the throne is the rightful one. One thing the Dathomirians respect is accountability. When they saw Tara had left them and Nala, Delia’s sister, made her claim, they were willing to listen to reason and stop the fighting.”

“How many did we lose?” Exas asked in solemn voice.

“Five knights and seven Padawans, I underestimated the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers Bail. It’s not that we were unprepared, we were out numbered. I should have brought an Imperial commando unit as well. It could have alleviated the burden on us. Are you alright Bail? You got a nasty cut on your head there.”

“I’m fine Brun. I think this is the last time I fight in the field. It’s time I retire and help the Padawans on Dantooine. How is Trip?”
    “He’s with Master Darius over there. He’s a little beaten up but functional, like all of us.”
    “Master Baron has turned out to be a great asset.” Exas commented while watching the large man tend to his former Padawan’s wounds.
    “His power is amazing Bail. Darius’ abilities with a lightsabre are unmatched in the Order. Joy may have a stronger connection to the Force but his skills with the blade are better than hers, and that is very impressive. I wish Darius had a chance at Nyeb. We could have finally ended the threat that he poses.”
    “Trip stood up to Nyeb and fared much better this time. He’s going to be a powerful one as well. “Where is Knight Gratua?”
    “She had personal matters to attend to. I’m a little worried about her.” Exas admitted.
    “Where did she go?”
    “I don’t know.”

Coruscant Entertainment District

Vikka felt a sudden wave of heat come over her as if she was being breathed on. She felt a disturbance in the Force but she tried to close her self off because she wanted to concentrate on the mission at hand. The heat wave was an odd sensation because she was half naked wearing a dancer’s outfit that she was surprisingly quite comfortable wearing. Vikka had figured that this was the best way to get in a room alone with the Fondorian senator. Her intelligence datapad had a vast amount of information about the senator and his many vices, one of which was this particular night club.

From the video footage Vikka surmised that he had a preference for oddly coloured haired human females. Vikka purchased a hair piece and the outfit from one of the many shops in this entertainment district. The owner of the night club was easily manipulated to hire Vikka on as a dancer by a Force persuasion technique that she used on him. The rest would depend on the senator asking her for a private dance, which Vikka did not think would be a problem. Her real issue was the Senators body guards. He had three beings, two humans and a massive Gran. They stood on either side of his table monitoring all that passed the senator. They would even scan the women that the senator paid to sit with him. It was not necessary to check their clothing as most of them were not wearing any.

The senator had a private table with two Twi’leks and a human female. Vikka rolled her eyes but made her way past the table and all the while giving the senator a seductive stare that he happily gave back to her. Vikka walked like only a woman could to a private booth and had a drink brought over to her table. She watched as the senator enjoyed himself with his hired help but she also noticed he was keeping an eye on her. A few male beings stopped at Vikka’s table and some even offered her enormous amounts of credits that she was actually tempted to mind trick them with the Force for. After she thought better of it Vikka rejected them all and even had to mind trick two of her suitors to go away as they would not take no for an answer.

The senator finally motioned to Vikka to come over but she decided to make him wait as she motioned to one of the other women working the floor to come to her table and have a drink with her. Vikka became very flirtatious with the other human female and she in turn with Vikka. She had surprised herself with how comfortable she had become with the role and the pretty human woman in front of her made it easier as well. Vikka knew that the senator was watching. The arousal was all over his face and he seemed content to watch Vikka and her friend while he enjoyed his beverage. Vikka was being kissed on the neck by her friend and as she looked over to the senator Vikka sent him another seductive look. The senator motioned to her again and this time she complied. Vikka whispered into her friend’s ear and with a nudge from the Force told her to move on. The woman did so and this left Vikka free to go over to the senator’s table.

Vikka seductively walked to the senator who was eyeing her up. The stare made her uneasy but Vikka had a mission to accomplish and she would not get deterred. She was about to sit down when one of the human body guards approached her. Vikka was about to throw him across the room but all he did was put a scanner in front of her and then nodded to allow her to pass. As she sat down the senator gave her a smile that she was not fond of but Vikka did not let him know it. He was an attractive human male that made Vikka wonder why he would be in a place like this, associating with women like these. It was the one thing she could never understand about beings with power. She had no doubt that this senator had a beautiful wife that was just as attractive as the females in this place. Yet he frequented this club on a regular basis and pays women for the enjoyment he could get for free at home with his wife.

Vikka tried to move on from these thoughts and focus on dealing with the senator who was becoming more repulsive by the minute. “May I offer you a drink, Miss…?”

“Corellian whisky, neat,” Vikka replied. “My name is Mara. What should I call you honey?”

“You can call me whatever you want looking like that Mara,” The senator replied. “Jerrod will be fine for now.” Vikka could not believe that he actually gave out his real name. “You’re obviously new here or else I would have noticed you. Where are you joining us from?”

Vikka noticed that he looked her up and down while he asked her the question and through the Force she could feel just how lustful he was. She wanted to avoid the small talk but realized that would be impossible if she wanted him to be comfortable enough to take her to a private setting.

“I’m from Corellia actually, I used to work on one of those pleasure ships.” Vikka said using the fictional back story of her new persona.
    “I’ve been on those converted Star Destroyers. The accommodations on the newer ships are quite impressive. Which one did you work on?”
    “It was called the Pleasure Cave. I didn’t work there very long though. I bounced from place to place. I don’t like staying on one ship for very long.”
    “Are you on the run or something? I could make that all go away for you.”
    “I’m not running from anyone baby. I just get bored fast.”

Vikka emphasized the word bored so that Pfaff would get the idea that she was bored right then. He received the suggestion as he said, “Well we wouldn’t want that would we? I have an apartment close by, we can go there for more privacy and I can keep you entertained for quite a while.”

Vikka did not want to seem too eager with her successful lure so she said, “I don’t leave the club baby, not for anyone.”
    “Will five thousand credits change your mind, just for a few hours?”

That was much more than Vikka had been offered throughout the night but she still wanted to make sure he believed that she was all business. “Ten thousand will get you all night baby and as you can see I’ll be worth the credits.” Vikka said, while taking her finger and outlining the senator’s lips.

“For that much I could get ten women for a whole night. I’m sure you’re good Mara, but no one is that good.” Pfaff paused for a moment and then said, “Unless you accompany me for three nights. I’ll pay twenty thousand and I’ll show you the best time of your life.”

“Not locked up in that apartment I hope.” Vikka said stunned by how many credits he planned on wasting.

“No Mara. Have you ever been to the Gold Beaches on Corellia? I have a private estate there.”

Vikka waited for a moment before she answered. “We have a deal baby. Now let’s see your apartment.”

“You don’t want to go straight to Corellia?”

“No I’m ready, besides I need to let off a little steam.” Vikka said trying to finish the ruse off that evening.

“Let’s go.”

Pfaff and Vikka rose from the table and were escorted out of the club by the three bodyguards. Pfaff had a luxurious transport that gave them total privacy while they were in transit. Vikka allowed him to touch her leg as she sat beside him but Pfaff made attempts to do more but she did not allow it telling him with a smile on her face to wait for later on. Pfaff’s emotions in the Force were more eager than before and Vikka just wanted to punch Pfaff in the throat and end him.

As Vikka looked outside she watched the traffic fly by her in the opposite direction. She noticed that they were headed to an upper class residential area, the senator was not exaggerating. Vikka suddenly felt a disturbance in the Force that this time she could not ignore. She became worried now and opened her bond with Trip but there was no response. It was not the same feeling as Trip closing the bond himself he may have been rendered unconscious. Vikka was tempted to break off her mission and find out what happened to Trip but when she looked over at the scum sitting beside her she wanted to finish it.

They finally arrived at the apartment tower and they landed in the docking bay. They took a lift up to the penthouse suite which had its own floor. When they entered the room the body guards did not enter and finally Vikka would have her chance. Pfaff led the way walking towards a bar where he offered her a drink that she accepted. Pfaff directed Vikka to some padded chairs where she sat and was about to engage in some small talk to make the senator comfortable before she finished him but over her bond with Trip she received flashes of images. She could not make out what they were at first but soon she recognized her former master Lorn Nyeb in the images. Vikka could see a massive battle and Jedi fighting numerous beings that she did not identify. She then saw Trip and Nyeb fighting which made her afraid. Pfaff started to realize that something was wrong with her.

“Mara, are you alright?” Pfaff asked.

Vikka could not say anything as she began to feel a slight pain stemming from her abdomen. This was the first time she experience anything like this and she assumed it was from her Force bond. Vikka could feel that Trip had been hurt badly and she saw Master Exas with his lightsabre in a duel as well. She knew the mission was over. “I have to go.” Vikka said
    “You’re not going anywhere.” Pfaff said darkly. “I’m going to get mine.”

Pfaff came closer to Vikka but she quickly twisted his arm behind his back and then Pfaff called out to his bodyguards. She had to act fast now to get out of the apartment and still complete the mission. Vikka went into her hair and what looked like hair ornaments were actually small blades. She threw the blades at the two human bodyguards and used a Force push to take out the Gran. Pfaff stood in surprise with a look if realization on his face.

“Are you a kriffing Jedi? Why are you after me, are you some kind of assassin?”

Vikka said nothing and quickly slammed her fist at Pfaff’s throat forcing him backwards. She did not want to waste anymore time so she started to walk towards him and with the Force recalled the blades that were stuck in the human bodyguards. Vikka waited for Pfaff to say something but instead all he did was stare into her eyes and in the next instant the blades were stuck in his heart. Vikka made sure that she left no other evidence that she was ever in that apartment. After one last look into the dead eyes of the Fondorian senator she took the lift down to the docking bay level. As Vikka tried harder to make contact with Trip over their bond, another presence seemed to attack her thoughts. There was obvious anger that seemed all too familiar when she concentrated on it. It was Lorn Nyeb and he was summoning her for a confrontation.

Vikka had every intention of obliging her former master and she took off from the building with Pfaff’s personal transport. Vikka flew as fast as she could to the private docking bay where the Ulik was berthed. She wanted to get a transmission to Dantooine as soon as possible to see what was going on with Trip and Master Exas. Vikka boarded her ship, changed her clothes, and took off her wig. She activated the communication console and spoke to another knight who could only tell her that Trip and Master Exas had gone to Dathomir. She then remembered that her employers had told her that Lorn Nyeb was on Dathomir. Vikka was upset that she did not make the connection before when her contacts had told her about Nyeb’s location. She activated the ion engines and made the Ulik take off for the atmosphere. Vikka gave the spaceport officials her forged credentials and made for hyperspace to Dathomir.

Dathomir

Trip had awoken up from his slumber to the sight of Master Baron who was standing at the medical unit that was monitoring his vital signs. Trip then slid his legs over the side of the bed and gave the area a look. He shook Master Baron’s hand and thanked him for his assistance in front of the cave. The remaining Jedi were all in the medical tent of Queen Muriel’s village tending to the wounded that were hurt in the battle. The Nightsisters and Nightbrothers that turned from Tara and vowed to be loyal to Queen Muriel’s reign were forgiven for their bad decisions and taken into the new regime, the rest were arrested and put to death for treason. Nala, Muriel’s aunt and Delia’s sister, promised to help Muriel rule until she was of age and she promised she would train Muriel in controlling her Force abilities. It was determined that Muriel’s connection to the Force was what kept her alive during the torture that Lorn Nyeb had inflicted on her. The situation on Dathomir had been preserved but the victory came at a great cost to the Jedi Order. Twelve members had fallen in the battle and now there were less than a hundred Jedi throughout the galaxy.

“Thanks again Master Baron.” Trip said.
    “Not a problem Trip. I am happy to assist and see that you are in good condition. Considering how many Jedi we lost today the Council could use some good news.” Darius replied.
    “It is unfortunate but at least this is over and the political situation here is stabilized. I just wish Lorn Nyeb could have been stopped. I’m afraid he might go after Vikka now.”
    “Vikka Gratua, his former Padawan learner?” Darius thought out loud. “I was told you two were joined. Why isn’t she here?”
    “She had a personal issue to deal with.” Trip said with obvious disappointment in his voice.
    “You’re worried about her; I can sense those thoughts in the Force.”
    “You don’t need the Force to know I’m always worried about her Master. I worry especially when she’s not around. She’s a free spirit that few can contain.”
    “I’ve read she is a capable warrior Master Trip, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Are you coming to Coruscant? We have need of Jedi Knights now. I think Master Sarro has already spoken to Master Exas about your transfer to the main temple.”
    “I wasn’t aware of any transfer.” Trip said surprised. “I’ll go speak to Master Exas then.”
    “Very well Master Trip. May the Force be with you.” Darius said with a bow.
    “And with you Master Baron, thanks again.” Trip said while also bowing.

Trip moved on to look for Master Exas who was still in discussions with Master Brun Sarro. Exas noticed Trip standing there and excused himself from Master Sarro to speak with his former Padawan. The older Jedi Master had a knowing look on his face and Trip just needed the confirmation from him.

“Have I been assigned to Coruscant Master Exas?”
    “Yes Trip, it’s true. After what’s happened here the Temple on Coruscant will need more knights. When Vikka returns she will accompany you as well.”
    “It’s true,” Master Sarro added. “The Jedi Knights need to rally to Grand Master Joy after this battle. We’ll need it for…”
    “For the darkness that is to come.” Trip interrupted.

Master Sarro simply nodded to the young Jedi Knight and said “May the Force be with you.” Master Brun Sarro turned towards the Jedi’s transports headed for Coruscant and boarded with the rest of the Jedi.

Trip and Exas took their own ship back to Dantooine where Trip packed his things and prepared for the journey to Coruscant. He had to wait for Vikka and hoped she was fine. On Dathomir he had not opened their bond as to not reveal it to the Jedi Masters and Knights that were there. Now that he was alone in the privacy of his quarters he opened the bond and tried to make contact with Vikka. Suddenly he felt a connection and she was there.

“Vikka are you all right, are you ok? I can feel the anger within you.”
    “I’m fine Trip, are you ok? I saw images of you and Master Exas fighting Lorn. What happened?
    “He escaped the battle Vikka. Nyeb was assisting in a coup attempt on Dathomir and was torturing a young Dathomirian girl. We think it was to train her like he did with you. The Jedi came in force to stop the coup but we lost twelve Jedi between Knights and Padawans. We could have used you.”

Guilt started to come over Vikka as she listened to Trip’s explanation of the events that occurred there. “I’m sorry I missed it Trip, I’m sorry I left you alone. That will never happen again.”
    Trip felt relived and Vikka could feel it over the bond. “I’m happy to hear that. Are you coming back to Dantooine?”
    Vikka did not want to tell Trip about the upcoming confrontation with Lorn because she knew he would come after her so she lied again. “I have one more thing to take care of Trip. I’ll be back soon. I promise. I love you.”
    Trip sensed that she closed down the bond. “I love you too Vikka.” Trip said in the dark silence of his room.

The Ulik made its final approach into Dathomir’s atmosphere as Vikka landed the ship to the sight where she could feel her former master’s presence. The forest was dense and looked black from above but the closer she got the more details revealed themselves about the landscape. Vikka was not surprised when she saw Lorn Nyeb standing in front of his StealthX-10. The black star fighter blended in well with the landscape it was on. Vikka took a deep breath and lowered the loading ramp to disembark. She made sure she had all her weapons before she left the ship. Vikka made her way down the ramp and stood directly across from Lorn.

“Master,” Vikka said nodding. “I received your message.”

Nyeb did not say anything; he only pushed a few buttons on his wrist band and suddenly his star fighter’s weapons came to life and targeted Vikka. She only had a few moments before the blasters let loose two shots from each wing mounted canon. Vikka dove as quickly as possible with the Force enhancing her speed but the blasts threw her into the ground. The impact caused two of her ribs to break. She looked around through the dust cloud to find Nyeb but she could not see anything. Vikka made for the tree line behind her while the dust gave her cover. Through the Force Nyeb’s presence was strong and getting closer to her. Vikka could feel something like taunts through their subtle connection. It was not as intense as her bond with Trip but Vikka could feel Nyeb nonetheless. She took her lightsabre off her belt and waited to ignite it as to not reveal her position. Nyeb did not care about revealing his location because Vikka could hear the snap hiss of his lightsabre igniting.

“Come out schutta,” Nyeb yelled out. “I can finally end your pathetic existence. You betrayed me and now you’ve taken the assignments from the Imperials that were meant to be mine.
    “You took advantage of me for your own ends. You manipulated me to the point that I didn’t see right from wrong anymore.” Vikka yelled back
    “You were weak when I took you as my Padawan Vikka. Together we made you powerful and a skilled assassin. Now your betrayal will be repaid in full. Come out and die with honour.”
    “You used cannons on me. Is that what you call honour?”
    “I call that strategy.”

Nyeb realized that Vikka had fallen back into the trees. Through the Force he could sense that she was injured. He saw traces of blood on the ground which confirmed what he had sensed. Nyeb suddenly sensed another dark presence in the Force. It was familiar to him and when he turned to see who it was he watched as Tara arrived riding a rancor bull. Nyeb turned not knowing if she would attack him or help him but Tara quickly answered that when she unleashed a volley of Force lightning at Nyeb who had to make a quick move with his lightsabre to block the blast. She then levitated off the rancor and landed beside it. The beast immediately attacked Lorn who leaped over the rancor and out of the way of the charge. The beast then swung its arm back to catch Nyeb with a smack while he was leaping and the impact sent him smashing into a tree.

Vikka watched as Nyeb was thrown into the tree from where she was hiding. With the pain from her broken ribs and possible internal bleeding she knew she would be no match for Nyeb or the Dathomirian witch. Vikka figured that the Nightsister was yet another being that Lorn Nyeb had scorned and taken advantage of. She moved from cover to cover to get to her ship which was on the other side of the battle going on. When Vikka looked back at the battle she noticed Nyeb was dodging swipes from the rancor. In a desperate move Nyeb tried to slash the rancor’s tough hide but it prevented the lightsabre from cutting straight through. This left Nyeb open to another attack from the beast. Rather than absorb the hit, he extinguished the lightsabre which quickly freed it from the beast’s arm and gave Nyeb the chance to escape.

Vikka advanced further now while trying to hide her presence in the Force. She could now see the loading ramp of her ship just a few paces away. She was not comfortable yet with making a run for it so she waited for an opportunity. Vikka could see that Nyeb was hurt and she watched as he now went back at the Rancor again. This time Nyeb slashed at the soft part of the rancors throat cutting it open and dropping the beast in front of him. Tara roared in anger and fired more shots of Force lightning at Nyeb who absorbed it with his lightsabre. She then launched some large stones as projectiles at him which he evaded with some pained movements. Nyeb’s anger carried him again as he made some quick moves to close the distance between him and Tara. He was successful and finished in front of the Nightsister. Nyeb quickly struck her down and watched as she fell in front of him.

“You betrayed me Lorn. You promised me a coven of my own, that I would rule the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers with you.” Tara said
    “I did promise you your own tribe but you failed to keep your end of the bargain. You couldn’t defeat the Jedi.” Nyeb replied.
    “We weren’t prepared for that many Jedi Knights. We…”
    “You failed to give me my army and now you made the biggest mistake by trying to kill me.” Nyeb interrupted. “Die witch.”

In a final act of defiance Tara slashed her arm upwards at Nyeb and in her hand was a small blade that gave him a deep cut on his non lightsabre arm. Nyeb cried out in pain as the blood started to flow from his forearm. With the anger and adrenaline running through him, Nyeb turned his lightsabre downward and drove it down into Tara. After he extinguished the blade he looked up in time to see Vikka’s ship take off and leave him alone. Nyeb looked back down at the fallen Nightsister at his feet and took the small blade. He wiped it on Tara’s robes and placed it in his belt. The pain in his arm flared up making Nyeb realize that he needed medical attention immediately. He went to his ship and dressed the wound as a short term solution until he returned to Coronet City where he still had an apartment. He needed to heal for there was so much more to come.

In hyperspace Vikka welcomed the quiet. She wrapped up her ribs and cleaned herself up before she slept for a few hours. When she woke up Vikka made her self some caf and sat in the cockpit alone looking out into space. She started to realize that she needed to really evaluate her future. Vikka’s neglect of the Jedi and especially Trip gave her a guilty feeling. She promised herself that she would not do anymore missions for the Empire again. Vikka checked the holonet for information on Senator Pfaff. It seemed that the senator had died of natural causes according to the reports. Vikka was not surprised by the exclusion her presence because the Empire did not need another senatorial scandal on their hands, especially one with questionable business dealings.

Vikka then thought on Lorn Nyeb. She wanted to end the threat but instead she was taken out of the equation too soon and all Vikka could do is watch him kill that Nightsister. She couldn’t help but feel that the Dathomirian saved her life though. Vikka was in no shape to take on Nyeb who was bent on killing her and probably would have had he found her in that state. She wondered what the Nightsister and Nyeb were talking about. The mention of armies made Vikka weary. An army of Force sensitive Nightsisters and physically gifted Nightbrothers would be a formidable opponent to the Jedi.

The Ulik alerted her that she had made it to Dantooine and so Vikka took the ship out of hyperspace. She entered Dantooine’s atmosphere and alerted the Jedi Enclave that she had returned. Vikka was welcomed and assigned a berth in the docking bay where she landed and found Trip standing there waiting. Vikka came down the boarding ramp and directly into Trip’s arms. They hugged each other hard and exchanged a few kisses but after the initial happiness of seeing each other, Vikka was reminded about the pain in her ribs.

“You’re in pain, what happened?” Trip said. “What kind of trouble did you get yourself into now?”

“I went to Dathomir. I went after Nyeb.” Vikka admitted. “When I got there he fired on me with the cannons from his star fighter. I got injured and hid but in the meantime a Dathomirian witch, probably a Nightsister attacked him with a rancor bull. He eventually killed them and I escaped during the battle.”

“Why would you go after him alone Vikka, why are you so reckless?” Trip responded. “Like I told you before there was a coup attempt against the ruling family that was cooperative with the Empire and Jedi. We defeated the coup and arrested those responsible, but their leader, a Nightsister named Tara, escaped.”

“She was the one that went after Nyeb. Before he killed her, Nyeb spoke about an army she was supposed to give him.”

“So Nyeb wanted an army to take on the Jedi and the Empire?” Trip shook his head. “Whatever he wanted it for I’m thankful we stopped it. It cost us twelve Jedi but it’s over now. I’m just glad to have you back. You should go and see Master Exas, there’s a lot more you need to be informed about. We’ve been reassigned to Coruscant by the Jedi Council and Master Exas retired from field duty. He’s staying here as an instructor permanently.”

Vikka thought on that for a moment. “When do we leave?”
    “Master Sarro said as soon as possible. I think it’s in response to the darkness that Nyeb was telling us about. Vikka I feel a constant disturbance in the Force. We have to stick together now more than ever.”
    “You need me to watch over you Trip?” Vikka said with a smirk.
    “Yeah Vikka, something like that.” He responded while taking hold of her and hugging her.

They shared a long kiss before they went to speak to Master Exas who was sitting in on a class of younglings doing telekinesis exercises with another Jedi Knight. When Exas saw Trip and Vikka he got up to meet them.

“Welcome home Vikka. Are you well?” Exas said.
    “Yes Master Exas, thank you. I have some broken ribs but I’ll live.” Vikka replied.

“Broken ribs? What have you been up to?” Exas said. “I tracked Lorn Nyeb to Dathomir and watched him kill the leader of the coup attempt you and Trip helped stop. I was fortunate enough to escape. I’ll file a report about the encounter Master.”
    “And before that, where did you go?” Exas asked.

“Master Exas, please leave that alone. It was something I had to do. This goes to both of you. I needed time away to realize just how much I need to be here and that I won’t be leaving anymore.”

@The_Zeltron earlybird-obi-wan Nyota's Heart AzureAngel2 NightWatcher91
    The_Zeltron
    Thank You for Reading.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent scenes with the fighting and the intrigue

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gripping action! =D= Yay for the victory. Glad about Trip and Vikka.

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Come out schutta,” Nyeb yelled out. “I can finally end your pathetic existence. You betrayed me and now you’ve taken the assignments from the Imperials that were meant to be mine.
    “You took advantage of me for your own ends. You manipulated me to the point that I didn’t see right from wrong anymore.” Vikka yelled back
    “You were weak when I took you as my Padawan Vikka. Together we made you powerful and a skilled assassin. Now your betrayal will be repaid in full. Come out and die with honour.”
    “You used cannons on me. Is that what you call honour?”
    “I call that strategy.”

With Lorn Nyeb you created quite a villain there! =D=

I pity Vikka & Trip as star-crossed lovers though. They are also excellently written. ^:)^

Guilt started to come over Vikka as she listened to Trip’s explanation of the events that occurred there. “I’m sorry I missed it Trip, I’m sorry I left you alone. That will never happen again.”
    Trip felt relived and Vikka could feel it over the bond. “I’m happy to hear that. Are you coming back to Dantooine?”
    Vikka did not want to tell Trip about the upcoming confrontation with Lorn because she knew he would come after her so she lied again. “I have one more thing to take care of Trip. I’ll be back soon. I promise. I love you.”
    Trip sensed that she closed down the bond. “I love you too Vikka.” Trip said in the dark silence of his room.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thank You all for your comments, I'll be getting something up next week hopefully. It's about to get a lot more messier.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    NightWatcher91

Chapter Eleven Part 1: Dark Side Temple, Dromund Kaas 399 ABY

Marcus Dal Colle stood on a cliff and looked down at ocean waves crashing against the rocks of the cliff. He looked out at a double sunrise that sprayed out beautiful colours of red, orange, pink, and purple. The tide of the water was rough but at the same time the sound was soothing and pleasant to listen to. "Marcus" a voice came from behind him. He turned and saw nothing at first except a mist rolling along the floor. It grew denser as it got closer and suddenly a woman appeared. Marcus did not know who she was but somehow her presence felt familiar to him.

"Who are you, what do you want?" Marcus asked.
    "I want to help you my son." The woman said.
    Marcus was confused and looked at the woman as he suddenly realized who she was. "Mother," Marcus said, his voice quivering. "Where have you been? What are you doing here?" he continued.
    "I am here to calm your anger and curb your hate. I fear you will become something terrible and evil." The woman said while tearing up. “Your destiny is not set yet.”
    "What are you talking about Mother? I have done nothing wrong. I, I, don't remember anything I..." Marcus’ voice trailed off.

The woman then produced a mirror and Marcus moved towards it expecting to see his own reflection looking back at him. Images started appearing of a man dressed in tattered black robes and his head was covered by a hood. He was killing faceless beings that were attacking him with a sword made of red light, obviously a lightsabre. The man’s face was covered and when he faced Marcus all he could see was his eyes. They were bright red and orange like suns engulfed in flames. Marcus could only assume that the being was a Force user that had aligned himself with the Dark Side of the Force.

Then a pain started to pulsate in his head. Marcus grabbed his head and looked at his mother. “What is happening to me Mother? Help me.” He pleaded. “Who is that monster, why is he killing those people?”

”That man is you my son. This is what you will become if you continue down this path. You will be a wraith that the galaxy will fear and that isn’t who you should be.” She said to him. “Please come to the light. Leave behind that pain and destructiveness. That is not who you are, you can be so much more.”

Suddenly an angry voice boomed from behind Marcus. “You witch! I am more powerful than I ever dreamed I could be. I have surpassed my former feeble existence and that of my father. I will become a powerful Sith. I will cause my enemies to have a restless sleep before I destroy them and everything they love.”

Marcus turned and saw the being that his mother showed him in the mirror. He saw himself dressed in black with a hood over his head creating a shadow that covered half his face. The exposed part of his face revealed pale white skin and his eyes looked exactly like they did in the images that he saw in the mirror. This version of him had a chaotic presence and Marcus wanted to hear more from him. This dark presence began to affect Marcus’ memories in that he remembered Arianna, Tak, and his accursed father. The phrase the Sith used, ‘restless sleep,’ that was something he had read in his studies of the Force. An ancient civilization in their own language claimed the Dark Lord of the Sith caused their heroes a ‘nephros,’ a restless sleep, along with great pain and suffering.

”I am Darth Nephros,” The black hooded figure said. “Dark Lord of the Sith, and an extension of the Dark Side of the Force. I am more powerful than you could have ever become in mind, body, and spirit. You, who would squander this gift have just proved you are not worthy of it.” Nephros said to Marcus with disgust in his voice. He turned to Marcus’ mother. “Now die with your pathetic son.”

Nephros ignited his crimson blade and leaped into the air and struck at Marcus dropping him to the ground with a slice across his body. Marcus fell to the ground and laid there dying. As the darkness took him the last thing he saw was Nephros walking up to his mother with the crimson lightsabre rising above his head, and then all turned to black.

Marcus woke up in a cold sweat. These dreams had become worse over the past nine years while he was on Drumand Kaas. First they were visions of Arianna and the wonderful times they shared alone together, then dreams of his Cor-Sec team being killed before his eyes and of the members of the Blood Rocks that he befriended but then killed trying to save Arianna. Ghosts from the past such as Baleon came back to haunt him and now his mother had entered his dreams along with this darker version of himself. Marcus wondered whether the being in this latest dream was the culmination of his training and who he was supposed to become. He wondered whether this was the will of the Force that Arianna always spoke about. Marcus had doubts about that destiny because that version of himself had so much hate and he currently still had warm thoughts of Arianna and of the life they should have had.

Marcus never disclosed any of this to Darth Erebus, his colleagues or to Praxis. They would all find it as a weakness and they would try to exploit it. Marcus remained a top student but realized that something was holding him back. He did not even know himself what it was. The woman he fought when he first arrived was still regarded by some as the best Dark Side acolyte there. Mila and Marcus fought on numerous occasions and in the beginning Mila won those sparring sessions every time. After three years of defeats and a training regime that Marcus was told was too rigorous, he finally defeated her. They had become equals to Marcus’ dismay because he felt he was so much better than her. They pushed each other to the point where there were rumours that they had been plotting to poison each other, sabotaging sparring droids and even encouraging the other acolytes to choose sides. Mila once tried to seduce Marcus so she could get him to lower his guard and kill him when he gave into lust. Marcus though had rejected her advances and uncovered the plot for what it was.

Physically they fought to standstills during lightsabre combat. It was through the Force that Marcus seemed to be lacking. It was supposed to be his greatest asset but it had become his greatest obstacle and the only thing left to conquer. Mila had a deft hand when calling on the Dark Side. She had a powerful control of it and used it when needed during physical training. Marcus was physically far superior to Mila but when she enhanced herself with the Force the gap was significantly reduced. Her connection was strong but Marcus knew his could be stronger if he could overcome whatever it was that was ailing him. He only needed to learn how to unleash it like he had when he was confronted by that Jedi Master or when he crushed Tak and the rest of the Blood Rocks. His anger fuelled the Dark Side and in turn it fuelled his power.

To aid in this area Marcus would study long hours in the training facility’s library. There were many tomes and histories of the Sith and the Jedi. Darth Erebus would recount her days as a Jedi Knight before she found ‘truth’ in the Dark Side and would tell the acolytes about the famed Jedi Archives and how Padawans were restricted from studying Sith texts. Here on Dromund Kaas, there were no such restrictions as Erebus would let anyone read anything they wanted too as long as they put the information to good use. Marcus was particularly interested in Darth Bane the famed Sith’ari. A statue of his likeness was in the central chamber of the temple. Bane’s greatest achievement was the eradication of the Brotherhood of Darkness and centralization of Dark Side power into only two Sith Lords, the master and the apprentice. This was called the Rule of Two. Marcus thought that Erebus’ training temple resembled Lord Kaan’s brotherhood. The Dark Side was spread thin with so many practicing the dark arts but Marcus wanted to horde the power for him self and centralize it to one being, himself.

Praxis was always present around the temple as he watched over Marcus carefully. He never interfered in Marcus’ training but he encouraged the young man when he struggled by insulting him and questioning his commitment. This would enrage Marcus more, which was exactly what the old man wanted. It was motivation for Marcus initially but Praxis did not need to do it in the recent years of Marcus’ training. Praxis was content with Marcus’ progress but he knew that there was room for so much more from his prize discovery. There were times that Praxis could see that Erebus was holding Marcus back, withholding teachings, and giving preferential treatment towards Mila. Erebus’ fear that Marcus would become too powerful was evident and she was starting to do what she could to stunt his growth in the Dark Side. The Dark Lady of the Sith began to fear that her mantle was in jeopardy.

Marcus sat in the library going over documents and tomes about the Jedi Civil War. It seemed that a fallen Jedi that turned to the Dark Side and followed Darth Malak and Darth Revan chronicled his days with them. This record survived electronically more than three millennia and had unknown amounts of re-writes. Information may have been altered but there was one thing that intrigued Marcus more than anything. He recalled Praxis talk about certain planets that were nexus’ of Dark Side power. The planet Korriban interested Marcus as he read that Revan and Malak had been there. There were the tombs of many Dark Lords of the Sith that were long dead but still held powers while their ghosts roamed there. It was a place Marcus felt he needed to go to find the missing piece of his power.

Marcus heard the faint sound of foot steps that were getting closer and closer. Through the Force he could feel who it was. Mila entered the room wearing a new dark red hooded robe. Marcus watched as she revealed her face. “The Mistress would like to see you in the court yard behind the temple, pretender.”

Marcus sensed that she was sincere but angry. He said, “Since when did you become her errand girl?”

Mila simply hissed at him and walked away.

In the darkness of the Dromund Kaas night sky Marcus could not see any stars, there was only the green and purple haze of the surrounding swamp lands. There was a light rain as well that made the experience that much more uncomfortable. The rear courtyard of the temple had a dark grey stone floor and plants that were overrunning the area except for a stone circle that Marcus stood in the middle of. The circle’s floor was dark cobble stones and seemed to vibrating under his feet. Massive eerie looking statues of hooded faceless figures surrounded the area and seemed to be watching everything that was going on. Marcus had come here on many occasions to be alone, concentrate on meditation and study. No one ever bothered him here so when Darth Erebus asked him to meet her there, he became suspicious.

Erebus arrived outside with an entourage in tow. Marcus did not recognize them but he did see a line of guards. She looked on Marcus with cold eyes and then crossed her arms while saying, “Your strength in the Force is strong young one. My former apprentice has taught you well.” Erebus said with little emotion. “Now we will see what I can teach you. Tell me, what do you know of Force illusions?” She asked.

“Only what I’ve read with the Archivist, and that led to mental exercises to protect my mind.” Marcus replied. “A few years ago he created visions of people from my past and challenged my resolve and dedication to the Dark Side. It was never in doubt.” Marcus said proudly and with confidence.

Darth Erebus sneered and almost chuckled. “Those visions are basic training tools. I am speaking about something else entirely. I am speaking about visions of horror and torment that would crumble the strongest of minds and render them broken. Defeating the blocks in an enemy’s mind brings them under your mercy.”

“Wouldn’t this only work on weak minded beings?” Marcus asked with curiosity in his voice. “Someone powerful in the Force would be able to see these visions for what they were”

“That is why you must use your own will and connection with the Force to overcome the enemy’s mental blocks” Erebus said while starting to raise the volume of her voice. “One such as yourself must take advantage of your stronger connection with the Dark Side. Remember, it is there for you to wield however you deem fit.”

“I understand Master.” Marcus said.

“You must force them to believe that the only thing they see is what you are projecting in their minds. All beings draw on the Force no matter how sensitive they are to it.” Erebus explained. “If you put something that disturbs them, something your enemy dreads, into the Force and you have empowered it fully with the Dark Side then your opponent will see their worst fears realized. I have a gift for you Marcus.”

Erebus then took out a datapad, punched a few keys and then two more guards came out of the facility with a man between them. They were dragging him along the ground by the arms and then they dropped him in front of Erebus. He was barely conscious and most likely did not know where he was. Erebus motioned to a guard who gave the prisoner a kick in his side to wake him. As the man grabbed his side in pain Erebus looked at Marcus and said. “Do you not recognize this man?”

Marcus looked at him and after a few seconds as he remembered the man was an explorer that landed on Dromund Kaas months before. He and his team had said they picked up energy emissions coming from the planet and they wanted to investigate them. When they landed they were met by Erebus’ acolytes and this man was the lone survivor of that encounter. Marcus assumed that he was killed at that time but he was obviously wrong. “Yes I know this man. He was one of the explorers that landed a few months ago.”

“Correct Marcus and he will be your first victim of what we were just discussing.” Erebus said with a sinister smile on her face. “Look at this man not with your eyes but through the Force. See what he holds dear, what he loves, but most of all look for what he fears.”

Marcus reached out in the Force and tried to enter the man’s mind, see how he thought and what he felt. At first there were mental blocks that the man had put up to fight Marcus’s trespassing. He easily blew by them and saw a family, then he saw a woman being killed and then he saw a boy. This man had a son and the boy was on their home planet of Taris. Marcus quickly saw where the man would be vulnerable and immediately put thoughts of the boy’s death in his mind. He showed him images of the boy cowering in fear at the sight of a large beast that was coming after him.

The man cried as he saw the child being ripped to shreds in the images that Marcus was putting into his mind. The Dark Side was pulsating within him as it was being fed by the man’s terror. Marcus started to implant his own persona into the images by showing the explorer his own death by Marcus’ lightsabre. Marcus began to realize that he was enjoying his domination over this man’s will and mind. He also noticed that Erebus and Praxis, who had joined them without Marcus noticing, enjoying what was going on as well.

The images had rendered the explorer into a babbling foul. Erebus looked at Marcus and said, “Finish him.”
    Marcus wasted little time and choked the remaining life out of the man with the Force. He looked at Erebus who was already walking back to the temple. “Did I pass the test Mistress?” Marcus called after her.
    “No acolyte, he lived much too long.” Erebus responded while continuing to walk away from him. “Report to me for your punishment once you have discarded of the body.”

After Marcus had buried the man’s body he made his way to Darth Erebus’ chambers. He found her going over some datapads on her table and drinking a thick red liquid. She only wore a robe that covered her body but left little to the imagination. Marcus was not fazed by Erebus’ choice of clothing and stood there waiting for his punishment.

“Would you like something to drink Marcus?” Erebus said while she took a sip from her cup.
    “Is this supposed to be my punishment Master? I would have assumed it would be more painful.” Marcus replied.
    “Drink this nectar Marcus. It is from a rare poisonous plant native to this planet. If you can drink it and survive you will be declared ready for our army. Mila has already done so and now it is your turn.”

Marcus did not know whether this was a trick or Mila had actually done it but he knew the Dark Side had a technique that could counteract poisons within the user. Praxis had trained him in the technique but Marcus did not know how potent this poison was. He did not fear taking it; he only doubted the truth of Erebus’ statement. Regardless of the risks he knew that he had to comply to be deemed worthy of Erebus’ highest teachings.

Marcus took the cup and drank the thick liquid that felt like it was coating his throat. There was no immediate sensation until his vision started to blur and Marcus began to sweat along with feeling light headed. The virus started to take effect as it weakened him to the point he dropped to his knees and the only thing that Marcus could sense before he blacked out was the sound of Erebus’ chuckle.

Marcus’ eyes opened but all he saw was a white haze. There was a tremendously loud hum coming from somewhere that was making his front temples pulsate with pain. He could feel his arms were and legs were being pulled upwards behind his back. He knew even without the use of his sight that he was suspended in the air. The real question was; what was he suspended over?

Marcus tried to quiet his mind and reach out with the Force but he could not feel anything specific around him. The only thing that he could sense strongly was that the Dark Side was present here. Marcus was having difficulty tapping into it which was usually never an issue for him but he could sense that something was not right. Erebus had done something to him, he was sure of it. That odd beverage had somehow dulled his connection to the Force.

Finally there was a presence that he was all too familiar with. It made his hatred rise and Marcus realized that his rage was helping to lift the haze he was in. Mila was approaching which suddenly made Marcus realize just how vulnerable he was. He then became angry and disappointed with himself because he allowed Erebus and Mila to trap him like this.

“Where am I schutta?” Marcus said
    “I see that the Mistress’ poison has not totally severed your connection to the Force as she predicted. I can sense that you can still feel it.” Mila replied. “I knew it wouldn’t, you’re much too powerful for that.”
    “Spare me your story. Why am I here and where is Erebus?” Marcus said snarling.
    “You’re in no position to make any threats or demands.” Mila said. “I am here to make certain that you die. You are hanging over the bottomless abyss that is the Silver Point Nexus inside the mountain range behind the academy.”

“Fall to my death? How mundane. You and your mistress could not destroy me in combat and so you poisoned me and tried to cut me off from the Force? You’re both spineless.” Marcus said while trying to anger Mila and goad her into bringing him off the death trap he was in. He also his vision and strength returning. It was almost as if he was recharging while being so close to this spring of Dark Side energy. He realized that Erebus and Mila had made a mistake leaving him here. Marcus would make them both pay but he needed to free himself from his restraints.

“Mind your tongue or I will grant you your wish,” Mila hissed. “I wanted to finish you myself but Erebus thought differently. She is the one that fears your potential, not me.”
    “Then release me and I’ll grant you your wish Mila. You can finally prove yourself to your beloved Mistress.” Marcus said while now trying to hide his rising confidence. He was not at full power yet but he was close.
    “Defeating you in your current state would give me no pleasure Marcus. I want to destroy you and before you die you will know that I was better than you.”

The taunt made a surge of anger rise up along Marcus’ spine. He started to pull his arms forward and he could feel the restraints beginning to loosen. Marcus’ put more strain on his shoulders as they started to ache with pain. Across the chasm Mila could feel through the Force that Marcus was dipping into it for strength. She could not be sure as the area was a Dark Side siphon, so the use of the Force was difficult to detect. Mila stood waiting for her nemesis to break free. She was intrigued to see just what Marcus would do once he was. The restraints gave way and Marcus started to swing away from Mila and towards a low hanging stalactite with his feet still tied together. Marcus grabbed it and held on to the slippery stone until he got a firm hold. Mila chuckled in the distance on the opposite side of the cavern. She felt she could easily end his life with a simple pull of the Force but Mila was curious to see how much Marcus had recovered and if he would be a worthy challenge.

Using the Force to help keep him on the stalactite with one arm, Marcus used the other to free his feet. He looked down and saw a small landing below the rim of the chasm opening where he could land if he dropped. Marcus closed his eyes and gave into the Force as he dropped away from his perch and fell into the abyss. Mila watched with pleasure as her foe fell to his death. He timed the jump perfectly and with the Force, he guided his body to safety. Marcus quickly wasted no time in leaping up to where Mila was standing. He landed in front of her and caught the look of shock in her eyes. Without thinking twice he unleashed a Force push and watched Mila’s body smash into the cavern wall.

Mila rose from the ground and shook her head as she realized that Marcus was close to full power. She took her lightsabre from her belt and ignited the orange blade. Mila had chosen a different lightsabre crystal from the traditional red used by the Sith. She lunged at Marcus and swiped at him with quick short arcs. He dodged, ducked and leapt trying to avoid Mila’s fury. Marcus could sense her anger through the Force. She meant to end him in this cave but what she did not realize was that Marcus was feeding off of the cave. The cave was a Dark Side nexus and he was using it to his advantage. Mila was too focused on destroying him to realize that Marcus was beyond her power. She swiped for his mid section with a two handed grip that would have cut Marcus in half but he caught her blade with his hand using the Force absorption technique.

Mila was stunned when she saw her blade was in Marcus’ hand. Her gaze went between his face and his hand. She could see the blood coming from Marcus’ mouth, as he was trying to maintain the hold. He used the opportunity to make his move on Mila. Marcus smashed his forehead into her nose and blood filled her face. Mila dropped back as she could not breathe and Marcus quickly took her neck and began choking her with his bare hand. The other hand took Mila’s lightsabre into it with the Force. He ignited the blade and stabbed Mila in the stomach as he squeezed the air out of her. Marcus could see her dying but the hatred in her eyes never subsided until the moment before she stopped squirming, there was only the realization that she had lost to him.

Marcus threw Mila’s body into the abyss and watched as it disappeared into its final resting place amongst countless other bodies that she and Erebus had most likely destroyed there. Marcus scanned the cavern looking for an exit. He placed Mila’s lightsabre on his belt and started to walk. Marcus knew his next step was to destroy Darth Erebus and the members of her academy. He was going to destroy these false Sith and then he would destroy their mistress. Marcus felt he was ready for her. The power in the cavern had made him bold and he felt that would translate against Erebus.

Marcus wanted to be the Dark Lord of the Sith. No one could be his equal and so he would make his mission to destroy those that stood against him. He would not rest until that was a reality. Darth Erebus would be his next victim after he destroyed her academy and the fools following her, then he would seek out Targo the Hutt and have his revenge on the Blood Rocks. The Jedi would pay for their lack of foresight, their abandonment of Arianna and most of all allowing the enslavement of Force users. The Jedi had allowed themselves to become the pets of the Emperor when they should be in control of the Empire. Marcus now realized that the Force was the ultimate power in the universe and only those that followed Darth Bane’s teachings and Darth Sidious’ examples were worthy. Only those that followed the true Sith were worthy.

Marcus followed the path to the entrance of the academy with his lightsabre drawn. A sentinel stood outside waiting to ask Marcus a question but the life was choked right out of him the instant he opened his mouth. Marcus’ power was growing with every kill and he could feel the Dark Side surging through his body. When he opened the massive doors Marcus was met by the elites of the academy. They were five of Mila’s supporters and they all had their lightsabres drawn and ignited in their hands.

“Mila told us that if she did not return and you did that we were to kill you on sight.” A Twi’lek male said.
    “You will try.” Marcus snarled while igniting Mila’s orange blade.

Marcus unleashed a barrage of Force lightning from his fingers that stunned the group. When he let up he immediately struck down two of Mila’s minions with vicious strikes. Marcus then picked up a human female and with the Force and threw her at the Twi’lek and another human male. He leapt at the fallen group and cut down the female but the Twi’lek had Force pushed Marcus into a wall. The remaining two attackers closed in on Marcus while he rose and ignited his blade. With a confident motion of his hand he summoned them to attack. Their blades locked as the Twi’lek put himself in front of Marcus and the human came in from behind him. He fought off one and then had to block the next incoming strike as he was totally on the defensive. Marcus was almost hoping to get pushed away so he could make some space for himself but he was trapped between the two.

Marcus recognized the two attackers from the duelling arena. The Twi’lek was Moro and the human was called Franc. They were talented at sword play and it showed, but their only deficiency was in their power in the Force. Marcus combined short quick strikes with Force enhanced manoeuvres until he was caught by the Moro’s use of Force lightning. Marcus caught the lightning with his lightsabre and felt Franc coming in for an attack. He side stepped Franc’s attack and with his left arm he shoved the human into the line of the lightning attack. When Moro realized it he quickly stopped only to see Franc’s head lopped off by Marcus.

Moro saw Marcus’ eyes turn into a blood red colour and began to realize this was a losing battle. He had never beaten Marcus in the duelling arena and he saw that Marcus seemed even more powerful. The savagery in Marcus’ attacks was also striking to Moro as he relied on finesse and speed. Marcus’ power strikes brought Moro closer and closer to death. Finally Marcus spun out of the way of a Moro attempt and while bringing himself to face Moro again he stabbed the Twi’lek in the chest. Their eyes met and Marcus watched as Moro died on his blade.

The rest of the students were all lesser than the elite five that Marcus had just killed. He destroyed them all and even with all their deaths, his blood lust was never sated. Marcus wanted the Dark Mistress and he knew she would feel this attack on her precious home. The death of all these Force users would create a massive dark current, a great disturbance in the Force that would be felt by all that were Force sensitive.

After Marcus had seemingly killed everyone he went to his quarters and did not find his lightsabre. He guessed that Erebus had destroyed it or kept it as a trophy. Marcus collected what he could and then went to Erebus’ chamber and opened every container he could see to find his lightsabre. He suddenly sensed something in the wall and found a hidden compartment. Marcus opened the compartment by ripping off the outer door which looked like a stone slab. Inside he found many small focusing crystals. Some augmented the power of lightsabres while others made the blade’s energy beam. His own lightsabre only had the red focusing crystal that Erebus gave out to all her students so they could build their lightsabres, but some of these crystals were different. They radiated differently than Erebus’ synthetic red crystals. There were brownish yellow looking ones that Marcus recognized as Sigil crystals. They made the lightsabre beam much more potent. Marcus then saw a rare sight, a Qixoni crystal. It had a dark red colour and it also made a lightsabre more potent. It had another feature that made it one of the best of the various crystals. When a Force sensitive attuned the Qixoni crystal with the Force by mediating, sometimes for days, it enhanced that users Force abilities significantly.

Marcus was certain that he could build a new lightsabre with these crystals. It would be a powerful weapon, worthy of the Dark Lord of the Sith. He went to the lightsabre construction room looking for a hilt casing that was stored in a glass case. It had belonged to a pervious instructor that almost successfully took over the academy from Erebus. She displayed it to remind everyone that any attempt on her life would be their last act. Marcus had no intention of taking over the academy but he was going to kill Erebus. It was a matte black hilt made from cortosis with durasteel trimming including three small metal blades at the top and butt end of the hilt. There was no lens or power emitter in it so Marcus collected the pieces he needed and put them in a bag with the crystals.

Marcus made his way to the entrance of the academy were he found a person standing at the doorway with a hood covering their face. Marcus knew the Force signature all too well.

“What do you want old man?” Marcus said to Praxis wondering if he had known what Erebus had done to him.
    “You seem upset Marcus.” Praxis said while looking around and surveying the damage his student wrought. “You have finally realized your power; you have taken the next step in your journey.”
    “Did you know about Erebus’ plan to have me killed?”
    “Of course I did, I agreed with her. She saw it as an opportunity to choose between you and Mila. I saw it for what it really was.”
    “And what was that?” Marcus said while his anger grew at the Archivist’s deception.
    “I saw it as your emergence Marcus. I knew you would seek to destroy Erebus after you found out she betrayed you.”
    “What do you think I’ll do to you now that you’ve betrayed me as well?”
    “I didn’t betray you, I unleashed you. You will be one of the most powerful Dark Lords the Sith I have ever produced. You are the new Sith’ari and I will guide you.”
    “I don’t need guidance Praxis. I know what I want. I won’t waste my time with ruling the politics of the galaxy. There will be no grand scheme. There will only be a brutal reckoning for all those that have defied the Dark Side. I will destroy the Jedi and any false Sith.”
    “That is not enough Marcus.” Praxis said with frustration in his voice. The Sith were meant to dominate the galaxy and rule it. An emperor without the power of the Force is a puppet.”
    “I have no interest in being the emperor. I will destroy the Jedi for betraying Arianna and for their pitiful response to her death.” Marcus’ anger started to boil over. “I will destroy the false Sith and restore balance to the Force. I will be the lone, most powerful being in the galaxy. Let the politicians run the empire, I only care for matters of the Force.”
    “You will find that existence to be meaningless.” Praxis responded.
    “I told you I don’t want you guidance!” Marcus snarled.
    “I was mistaken Marcus, you are not the one to take the Sith forward.”

Praxis suddenly fired an onslaught of Force lightning at Marcus and caught him by surprise. The attacked put Marcus on his knee and he was failing to counter it. His Force absorption was not going to work in this position and so Marcus’ only chance was Mila’s lightsabre. Through sheer determination and the anger with himself for being surprised by Praxis, he took the lightsabre and ignited it. Marcus forced himself to move the blade upwards and begin to absorb the lightning attack. With the blade taking the brunt of the lightning Marcus rose and tried to use a Force choke on Praxis. The older man blocked the attempt the first time but found it impossible to do it again. Marcus caught Praxis and immediately squeezed hard. The Archivist was now on the defensive and realized that he was outmatched. He understood how wrong he was in trying to defeat Marcus who had clearly become more potent than even he had originally thought.

Marcus held Praxis and lifted his hold just enough to let Praxis speak. “Tell me where the schutta has gone and I’ll make your death painless.”
    “Korriban, she has gone to Korriban.” Praxis managed to say.
    “Why?”
    “The man that you killed told her that his equipment found readings of life on the planet. She went to investigate since the planet has been a barren wasteland for centuries.”
    “What does she hope to find?”
    “I do not know. The planet is littered with Sith tombs and the presence of the Dark Side is always an attraction to the Force users who seek it.”
    That was all Marcus needed. “This is the way of the Sith. You have past your usefulness, goodbye Praxis.”

Marcus released the old man and watched him drop to his knees. He took Mila’s lightsabre and quickly stabbed The Archivist in the chest and watched his former master die. He scanned the room and looked at the grand hall of the academy. Death surrounded him again and again it was a comforting feeling that gave him confidence and ignited his passion. This was the second time that he had gone on a homicidal spree of this kind. Marcus was acquiring a taste for the carnage. The Dark Side ran rampant as it helped him sate his lust for revenge and power. It had consumed him totally and for a moment he thought on how he failed Ari. Since Marcus could truly feel the Force he had always fought the internal battle of Light Side versus the Dark Side. Arianna kept him from slipping into the darkness, but when her light was snuffed out and the Jedi betrayed her, nothing could stop Marcus’ descent.

His power was a threat to all Force users and he knew that when the Jedi discovered him they would come for him. That was why he needed more. The destruction of this lot of pretenders was only the beginning of his ascent to Sith mastery. There was a galaxy of knowledge and Korriban would be the first stop to start attaining that knowledge. Korriban would also be the final resting place of yet another Sith, Darth Erebus.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Big action and an excellent description of the fights Marcus is having to become a Sith

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific action, indeed. I also get the sense that Marcus' dreams are the last bastion for the light-sided influence and that the slippery side to "Darkness" is continuing. :( Too many vital losses. [face_thinking]

15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. Part 2 of Chapter 11 is coming up today or tomorrow.

AzureAngel2

The losses have just started. [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Chapter 11 Part 2

Korriban – Valley of the Dark Lords

Darth Erebus had been in this place for days. Although the presence of the Dark Side was ever present the only life she came across was tuk’atas and hssiss beasts. She was thankful that she had not come across a large number of them or she could have been overwhelmed. After the spacer had told her about the life readings here she checked the history on their systems herself and the man’s story was confirmed. Erebus knew that beings that were not Force sensitive stood no chance of surviving on Korriban’s surface for long. Any sustained signs of life could only mean a being of some significance had come to Korriban. It was the way she had recruited some of her students. She felt their abilities in the Force and if they were not already Jedi, she quickly seduced them over the Dark Side. The other way was bringing in beings that had failed as Jedi. Erebus would intercept the cast offs and free them and give them a life and a purpose. She instilled in them that the Jedi were weak and short sighted and they would be taught to be great Sith. Erebus promised them the galaxy and power which was extremely difficult for them to refuse.

Like them she was rejected by the Jedi, her family, and her sister. Long ago she wanted more power, she knew the Jedi were keeping the secrets of the Force locked away. When Erebus sought out that knowledge she was reprimanded by the Jedi and so she left her family and the Order. Months later, while displaying her power in public she was overwhelmed and arrested by the Imperials. She faced a life time of prison because the Dark Side was sensed within her and then her destiny was forever changed when she met Praxis. In his youth Praxis was a formidable Force user and a devout follower of the Dark Side. He had been in hiding from the Jedi but when he sensed Erebus’ presence and ability he had himself caught just to get closer to her so he could see if she was worthy of his training. Praxis recognized her potential immediately and formulated a plot for their escape. On a prison transfer vessel on its way to the Jedi Temple, Praxis killed the crew and crashed the ship transmitting an emergency beacon to the local Imperial command post that all those aboard the vessel were considered killed. Praxis, Erebus, and another Jedi reject, a young Cathar male named Sorrel, had all escaped and eventually fled to Drumand Kaas.

Sorrel and Erebus became the first two students that Praxis taught. They were both powerful and learned from each other. They eventually became lovers but Praxis forbade it and commanded Erebus to kill the Cathar. She did so but not before telling him she was pregnant with his child. Erebus gave birth to a daughter and named her Mila. Erebus’ daughter was never told about her parentage and was raised in the temple with other students that came. She never gave her daughter any preferential treatment and made sure that Mila was tested to a higher standard then the rest of the students. Praxis and Erebus were raising their army to one day destroy the Jedi and take the Empire for themselves. She always looked for the best students and when Marcus entered their academy Erebus saw the beginning of the end for the Jedi Order. He would be the stepping stone that Mila would overcome so she could be the centrepiece of Erebus’ army.

After a day of exploration Erebus felt a disturbance in the Force, a dark current rising. She reached out and tried to feel for familiar connections and when Erebus could not feel Mila she knew Marcus lived. Erebus needed to see what had transpired at the academy and with the remote camera access she had on her ship she looked in on the academies’ camera system. What she saw confirmed what she felt in the Force. Erebus watched Marcus slaughter all her students and finally Praxis. When she did not see her daughter in the video footage and the fact that she could not feel Mila in the Force, Erebus could only conclude that Marcus had slain her daughter and heir. As she stared at the screen she knew she had to prepare for Marcus with great care. She had underestimated him and now her worse fears were realized. Her daughter was dead, her academy was a graveyard and a monster was after her.

Darth Erebus controlled her anger and it served her well to this point as she thought herself the strongest of the Sith. She had groomed a network of spies, connections within the Empire’s various intelligence agencies and amassed credits through various enterprises with the Muuns of the Banking Clan. With her plans destroyed all she had left was her anger and she would have her vengeance against Marcus.

Marcus flew through hyperspace in an old Delta class JV-7 that belonged to Mila; Marcus now called it the Furious Rancor. The ship had enough room for his belongings and had been upgraded in every way by Mila, who was an enthusiast of older shuttles. The cargo hold had been retrofitted into a comfortable living space, complete with a refresher. Mila had a small room installed that had no furnishings adjacent to the living space, which he guessed she used for meditation. Marcus found it fitting that he would arrive in Erebus’ favourite student’s ship. It would be another reminder of her failure. Praxis had told him about Korriban and the Valley of the Dark Lords. It was a place long dead but still a font of Dark Side power, everything there was infused with it.

Marcus came out of hyperspace and could see the dull grey planet that was Korriban. He immediately felt the rush of the Dark Side. Reaching out with the Force Marcus could feel a new presence that seemed to be calling to him. He had never felt that Force signature before and wondered if it was Erebus trying to deceive him again. Marcus entered the atmosphere and headed towards a valley of stone and sand. The wind was whirling causing the sand to form small clouds that gave a limited view of the ground. Marcus felt he was being watched by the massive statues made from the stone that stood over everything. In the distance he saw the ruins of a building made out of the stone and also the ruins of a more modern abandoned settlement. There was no life on his ship’s scanners but he felt multiple signs of life through the Force.

Marcus guided the Rancor into the valley that was overlooked by the massive stone structures. There was no sign of Erebus or her ship in the vicinity. As he touched down he reached out with the Force looking for his former master but could not find her. Marcus’ head was buzzing as he could feel so much activity around him. He attempted to calm his mind and concentrate on Darth Erebus but he still could not sense her. He walked through the ship and opened the loading ramp which instantly made Marcus feel the hot and stale air. The sand was kicking up into his face and so he covered his head with his hood while he walked down the loading ramp. The sand crunched under his feet and Marcus looked around seeing massive stone doors on either side of him. One door in particular called out to him. There was a definitely a presence there he somehow knew he had to investigate.

Suddenly the Force screamed at Marcus and he turned towards a red blur that was coming towards his neck. With the Force enhancing his speed he dropped out of the way but the blur seared his neck leaving him breathless. Marcus instinctively started to roll away from Erebus and popped back up on a knee looking back at her. They stared into each other’s eyes with an obvious anger and hate.

“I will not underestimate you this time Marcus.” She said with calm. “You have destroyed the foundation of my resurgent Sith Empire. I will destroy you here and continue on my path of bringing the Sith back to their former greatness.”
    “Why do you and Praxis dream of restoring a long dead Sith fantasy? Your foolish delusions are not what I believe in. All I want is the death of the Jedi and any other Force user that defies me. When I am finished there will only be one, me.”
    “You are a narrow minded fool with a child’s ambition. There can never be only one Force user.” Erebus lectured him. “You think you’ll destroy the Jedi alone? There are over a hundred Jedi throughout the galaxy. It is impossible without an army.”
    “When I destroy the main temples on Dantooine and Coruscant they will be scattered and without any leadership.” Marcus responded. “I will have my vengeance when I kill every last one of them. If I am defeated then I will take as many as I can with me to the netherworld.” Marcus said.
    “Why would you throw away your potential so needlessly? No matter, you will not leave Korriban alive. I will have my vengeance right now.”

Darth Erebus called the dark side to her and Marcus did the same. The wound on his neck stung with his sweat but he ignored the pain. Marcus took out and ignited Mila’s lightsabre and watched to see if he would get any reaction from Erebus. She looked at the blade and then back at Marcus without betraying anything. He knew that seeing his prize student’s lightsabre had to have some affect on her. The two Dark Siders circled each other and finally they locked their blades together with hard slashes. Marcus went for his power strikes as he usually did which made him predictable to Erebus. She lashed out with many quick strikes that came from a variety of directions and those strikes were targeted at different points of his body. Erebus’ speed was catching Marcus off guard and he was barely parrying them.

His attacks were expertly being blocked until he unleashed a Force push that launched Erebus back. Erebus landed on her feet and she came right back at him with her blade upside down exposing the butt end of the hilt in a reverse Shien grip. Erebus’ different grip made even more odd angles that Marcus had to contend with. He did so, but Marcus was beginning to realize that Erebus was trying to make him wear himself out as he used his own Form V power strikes.

Marcus knew that he had to outsmart the Dark Mistress if he was going to stand a chance. He began to realize just how powerful she was. So Marcus went for a strike that he knew Erebus would try parry with her blade. He suddenly deactivated his lightsabre so there was no connection between them. The forward momentum of her follow through brought Erebus into a vulnerable position that Marcus took advantage of by swinging his body around with his lightsabre reignited and going for her neck. Erebus dodged but was unable to avoid the whole attack as he had grazed her ribs. She cried out with pain and Marcus wasted no time as he fired a barrage of Dark Side lightning at Erebus. She was paralyzed by the attack at first but with sheer determination Erebus raised her blade and angled the blade to send the lightning back at Marcus. Erebus’ reversal of lightning took Marcus down and so he had to stop the attack.

The master and the student both rose at the same time and glared into each other’s faces. Without saying a word the exchange of hatred for one another was obvious. They both leaped at each other and collided in mid air with their lightsabres making loud crashing sounds because of the echoes created by the valley. When they landed on the ground they both attacked each other with quick strikes and then they both attempted to Force push each other. Their push attacks cancelled each other out at first until they were both sent backwards.

Marcus and Erebus were both being worn down as each time they fell it took just a little bit longer to get up. They attacked each other again but this time as they ran at each other instead of engaging with his blade Marcus slid to his knees and watched as Erebus swung over him. He quickly got up and made a wide slash at her and cut off her lightsabre wielding arm at the bicep in the Cho Mok technique. Her blade fell to the ground and Erebus cried out again and fell to her knees.

Marcus looked at Erebus’ eyes that had become red and moist. He stood over her with a look of hatred that did not show any satisfaction in his victory. “What is it that you fear Darth Erebus?” He said.

When she said nothing Marcus entered her mind with the Force like she had shown him just a short time ago. He saw visions of two girls playing and then training together under the watchful eye of a Jedi. He saw grown versions of them and Marcus could see that it was Erebus and another woman he did not know, sisters perhaps. He saw a standing army of troops and people dressed in matching black robes. These were Erebus’ visions of her army that she wanted to take over the Empire. At the head of army were Erebus and Mila, the supposed sister was no where to be found. Marcus then met a mental block that was her last bit of defiance against him. He quickly overwhelmed her as he was eager to understand why that vision was protected. Marcus then saw images of a child being born with Praxis at the bed side and Erebus giving birth. The next images were of a child training that looked like a younger version of Mila. He then understood that Mila was Erebus’ daughter. Marcus smiled and filled the fallen Dark Mistress’ mind with images of Mila being impaled by her own lightsabre, of Marcus choking the life out of her with his bare hand and finally of Marcus throwing her into the Dromund Kaas abyss at Silver Point.

Erebus’ eyes were not just red with fatigue; they were now filled with tears. “She was my blood you monster. Mila was going to be my heir and an Empress. I foresaw that you were going to destroy everything Praxis and I worked for. You had to be stopped.” Erebus said while she shook her head to rid her mind of the images of Mila’s death. With her final thoughts Erebus looked back on her life and thought of all her regrets and mistakes.

“I cannot be stopped.” Marcus responded.

Marcus picked up Darth Erebus’ lightsabre and ignited it along with Mila’s blade. With both blades he cut down the Dark Mistress and ended her life. The Dark Side of the Force raged within him and filled Marcus with power. He screamed into the valley and within the Force for all to hear that he was the true Dark Lord of the Sith.

As Marcus looked down at Erebus’ corpse he noticed a small pouch tied around her neck that he had never seen before. Upon opening it he found a data chip that he placed in his belt. Marcus returned to his ship to attend to his wounds. After a sani steam and several applications of bacta salve Marcus felt comfortable enough to go back out into the valley to find the source of the disturbance he felt when he had originally landed on Korriban. The Dark Side was so strong here and would always be as long as the buried Dark Lords rested here. The amount of war that occurred here, the amount of death that occurred here all feed the Dark Side which in turn now fed Marcus.

Just being on the very sands of Korriban’s wastelands and ash empowered him. The Dark Side made his body convulse with rage and power. Marcus did not want to think about Arianna, Erebus, or Mila because he needed to feed on the power of this planet. Marcus belted out a roar and listened to the echoes hit him back. He seethed and began breathing hard as he sensed multiple presences approaching him in the Force. As he continued to walk, the presences in the Force followed him and stalked him. When he turned his head in their direction, he stared at the hssiss beasts that were cloaked in the Force. They did not attack Marcus because they knew a battle with him would be futile and that he was the beast on Korriban.

Marcus approached the tomb that had called out to him before. Visions of war from long ago began to wash over him. He could see pure blood Sith battling one another in what seemed to be a civil war. A lone warrior caught Marcus’ attention as he saw that the warrior was brilliant with a lightsabre. Marcus continued on and stood at the precipice of this Dark Lord’s tomb. He was met by a massive stone slab that had been put there many years before. Marcus had some difficulty moving the massive stone with the Force but he eventually cleared a path through. He started upwards feeling a cold wind come at him that was infused with the Dark Side making Marcus become leery of the tomb’s power and the presence inside it.

Marcus put up his hood and continued on moving towards the sarcophagus room and when he arrived, the dark forces within swirled closely and a breeze became a small tornado around him attempting to throw him. Marcus called on the Dark Side and let it course through him. Marcus raised his arms and with a tremendous clap made a massive wave of Force energy that rippled outward from him making the winds vanish.

A purple and black mist swirled around Marcus and collected in front of him. The strange mist started to form into the shape of a being. The phantasm raised a hand and lifted Marcus off the ground choking the life from him. Darkness and power surrounded him like never before hurting him and causing him to black out. Marcus again called the Dark Side to him and he fought back with Force energy and finally escaped the grip. The phantasm disappeared and sounds started emanating from the dark corners of the tomb. Suddenly Marcus could hear many foot steps approaching and sickly yellow eyes appeared in the darkness. Walking monsters emerged and starting cornering him and his only response was to take out his blades and fight back, this Dark Lord’s spirit was obviously displeased with him for invaded his resting place.

Hacking and slashing Marcus destroyed the monsters and returned them to the ashes they were born from. Many more came from the darkness and Marcus’ swipes were only met with more and more of them. He used bursts of Force energy and Force lightning storms killed many of the mindless walkers, but more and more came for him.

After destroying what seemed liked thousands of them one finally managed to grab Marcus’ arm and drag it back preventing him from swinging his lightsabre. He then had to use the other arm to take out the walking corpse. Marcus regained control of both of his arms, but then another monster jumped on his back and then another attacked his legs and finally brought two more were needed to bring Marcus down. Hundreds of punches and kicks brought Marcus to the darkness he was trying to avoid. Again Marcus drew on the Dark Side bringing its power to him and he projected it outwards but again he was overwhelmed. Finally his energy drained from him and the monsters held him from his limbs. They placed him on a mechanism that restrained him from his wrists and ankles with durasteel wire that tore into his skin. The beating was merciless and after what seemed like thousands of punches Marcus succumbed to the darkness.

Marcus awoke with pain that he had never felt like this before. What was even more significant was that it was at the hands of something that was not even alive. Marcus had practiced Sith magic and alchemy numerous times on his own at Erebus’ academy, but to see the true power of it was amazing. He had just considered himself to be the Dark Lord of the Sith, but being held captive by a lingering long dead phantasm was a humbling experience but made him angry.

Marcus looked around the sarcophagus room seeing the dead Sith Lord’s minions and their sick yellow eyes staring at him. There was no trace of the phantasm though and Marcus reached out through the Force and only felt the presence of the husks in front of him. Oddly he could hear a low hum that suddenly turned into a voice.

“Pathetic.” It called out. “Shameful.”
    “Who are you?” Marcus roared before he was struck in the face again by a husk.
    ”You are unworthy.” The voice said again.

Disgusted by the notion that he was unworthy Marcus gathered the Dark Side to him again and this time the surge of power felt different. His eyes did not drop into the traditional yellow and orange of the Sith, but pure crimson. Rage consumed him but it was controlled and it manifested itself into strength and most importantly focus. He noticed his blades at the other end of the chamber and he raised them and then ignited them with the Force. The Sith Lord’s minions watched as the blades moved towards them. They hacked at the mindless monsters and brought them down one by one.

While their focus was on the attacking lightsabres, Marcus pulled vigorously on his restraints and blood began to drip where the rusty durasteel had dug into the skin at his wrists. With a massive jerk Marcus freed his right arm. He quickly freed his other arm and he then called the lightsabres to his hands. Armed with both blades now, Marcus freed his legs and made short work of the mindless husks that surrounded him. The others that came were met by a violent Force Lightning storm. When the room was empty again Marcus called out “Show yourself Sith.”

The mist returned and formed into a being that stood in front of Marcus. It was the shape of human but the face did not materialize; only blazing orange a yellow eyes could be seen.

“You are fortunate human.” The phantasm spoke. “I have never revealed myself to anyone until now. None have been worthy of my presence. Neither did you until you showed that you have some ability.”
    “I was called the next Sith’ari by an older Sith. He…”
    “That means nothing to me boy. I’ve already seen the Sith’ari come and die at the hands of his own apprentice. I have watched Sith come and go and only a select few have become worthy of the title Dark Lord. Why are you here?”
    “Who are you and what is this place?”
    ”Your defiance will only bring you pain. I am Tulak Hord and now feel my power.”

Tulak Hord was a Dark Lord of the Sith during the times of the Sith Empire from approximately five millennia ago. Hord’s skill with a lightsabre was legendary and his command of the Force was significant as well. He was one of the most well rounded Dark Side Force users ever. Marcus had no idea but he would soon learn the prowess of Tulak Hord. He was suddenly engulfed in a storm of Force Lightning and then Marcus felt his throat being crushed from an unseen entity. Marcus was in obvious physical pain but he was mostly angry with himself once again. He had enough of listening to beings that would doubt his commitment, enough of anyone that doubted his strength and now those doubts would end here.

Marcus ground his teeth and with a powerful exertion of the Force he shot it outward braking Tulak Hord’s hold of him. Hord fired more Force lightning but this time Marcus took out his lightsabres and crossed them to block the attack. The ancient Sith ceased his attack and watched as Marcus stood waiting for another attack and breathing heavily.

“Your will is considerable and your skill is undeniable.” Hord said. “If you seek to truly destroy the Jedi Order than stay and use my knowledge of the blade and of the Force.”
    “That is all I want.” Marcus replied. “I want the destruction of the Jedi and anyone else that stands against the Dark Side of the Force.”
    “After I show you the intricacies of the lightsabre you will be a worthy Dark Lord. You must leave your past life behind and take the ancient title of a Darth. What will you call yourself?”
    Marcus was prepared for this moment ever since he had his vision of his future self. “Henceforth I will be known as Darth Nephros.”

Months had passed and Darth Nephros’ power grew with every passing day. Hord had revealed the location of numerous hidden Sith holocrons and watched as Nephros trained with them. He practiced the manoeuvres over and over again until he had performed them perfectly. Hord was not a forgiving instructor as he would punish Nephros with surges of Force lightning every time he made a mistake. Nephros’ made less errors until over time he become perfect in the eyes of the ancient Dark Lord.

Nephros constructed his new lightsabres under the tutelage of Hord. He built a single blade with the hilt he took from the sparring room at Erebus’ academy along with a double bladed sabre staff. Nephros installed the Qixoni and Sigil crystals in the two hilts to make the lightsabres incredibly powerful. He constructed each of them by only using the Force and he infused the focusing crystals with the Dark Side, giving them a distinct taint that was uniquely his own. Nephros tested his blades on the beasts of Korriban giving them an initiation of Dark Side infused blood. They became beautiful instruments of death that were extensions of the new Dark Lord. Darth Nephros was complete.

“You are perfect my apprentice.” Hord said. “There is nothing else I can teach you. Go and destroy our enemies and avenge the Sith.”
    “Yes master. Will you be joining me?” Nephros asked.
    “No. My existence is confined to this tomb. You are alone unless you take on an apprentice of your own.”
    “Must I?” Nephros asked.
    “The old ways of the Sith are gone apprentice. You are all that is left. Do as you see fit. Share the power or keep it for yourself, it is up to you.” Hord said. “Be wary of the Jedi and the Emperor. They will hunt you and try to destroy you.”
    “Then this Emperor will fall as well.” Nephros said.
    As Nephros started to walk away Hord said, “Before you leave, take this robe.” A stone slab opened on the floor beside the sarcophagus and Nephros took out what looked like a simple black hooded robe. “It is infused with the Dark Side and will protect you from certain Force attacks.”
    “Thank you master, was it yours?”
    “No, it belonged to man long dead that was powerful and incredibly evil. I did not learn his name before I killed him for trying to betray me. Now leave this place Darth Nephros. I doubt we will ever speak again.”

After a year of living in the tomb alone with only Hord to speak to whenever the Sith Lord wanted to teach him something, Nephros was content that his time had come. It was his time to exact vengeance on all of his enemies. First he would destroy the Blood Rocks, then he would destroy the Jedi and finally the Emperor. Nephros took the robe, his lightsabres and returned to the Furious Rancor. His ship was covered in sand from the months of inactivity and Nephros was forced to clean it off. After he entered his ship he placed his belongings in storage units and he went to cockpit. Nephros loaded the data chip he recovered from Darth Erebus into his computer and saw a list of contact names and the systems they were on. It also contained the codes to several credit accounts. Erebus’ information network and financial resources were all his.

Darth Nephros had never realized just how long Erebus’ reach was within the galaxy. Her funds were considerable and he could see that his former master was financially well placed to raise that army he saw in her visions. Her list of political contacts was also long as Nephros recognized some of the names from his time at Cor-Sec. Darth Erebus’ final piece was the breeding of her Sith warriors that could overwhelm the Jedi Order. He smiled to himself as he thought about her well laid plans turning to ash and how she and Praxis knew it would be him that would destroy it all. Darth Nephros vowed that this was only the beginning.

The_Zeltron

Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2

earlybird-obi-wan

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting way to describe in action and words the rise of Marcus to Darth Nephros

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Two breathtaking updates that allow us to look deep into the abyss of the dark side. Pain, loneliness, ambition - strong incitements.

=D=

Nyota's Heart and Darth_Furio like this.
  19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Nyota's Heart

The_Zeltron

Thank you for the likes and replies. I wanted to expand on this section a lot more but it would have run on and on. I hope you all feel that the fall was believable. ^:)^ to you all. :D

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, my word, that was intense! Marcus has fallen deep, but deep. Can't see a glimmer of redemption potential, sad to say. Some lose that flicker of a spark, like that odious Sidious! :eek: Unlike Anakin/Vader. [face_thinking] Korriban is like a nexus of Darkness and being there just intensifies all the rawest, blackest emotions. [face_thinking]

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Hi all. I'll have the next part up this week.

I always loved the Korriban location and the vast history of it. It isn't safe for anyone on either side of the Force.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2

Chapter 12 Part One: Jedi Temple, Coruscant 400 ABY

Cyrax lay quietly on his bed pretending to be asleep. Outside his cell two Imperial troopers stood guard while talking about the latest blasters that had been released by Ner-tec of Fondor. Cyrax knew that if he tried using the Force to escape and failed, the Jedi would sense it and turn him over to the Empire. He had to escape his cell and leave the temple quickly before the Jedi could recapture him. Being a prisoner brought back memories of the time that Cyrax saw the truth about the galaxy. The only positive thing about his captivity was that he realized his true potential. Cyrax developed his capacity for hate while he was imprisoned on that farm; it made him the man he was destined to be.

Since the time he was freed, Cyrax was obsessed with the idea of bringing Coruscant to its knees and he refused to be a prisoner of the Jedi. He also wanted to discover what was causing the disturbances in the Force he was feeling. There was a seismic shift occurring towards the Dark Side of the Force. Cyrax had already felt this presence when he was on Corellia and now even though he knew this being was farther away physically; through the Force the being’s power was much stronger. Cyrax had no doubt that the Jedi would feel the emergence of such a presence as well. The Jedi had new enemies and the number of those enemies was rising.

Cyrax still needed to get out his cage because he could not any wait longer. Events were developing in the galaxy and he needed to be at the forefront of them. His plan had already taken a hit when General Singard had used some of his battle droids in a foolish attempt to warn the CSF and Jedi that Coruscant was vulnerable. Cyrax had two hundred thousand more droids stored on Coruscant though and he had more on the way. His connections in the banking clan and techno union had set up dummy corporations and funded Cyrax’s other military investments which was to say credits for mercenaries. He had amassed a large amount of wealth over the years and he reinvested those credits in building his droid army and developing his poison. If Cyrax ever became Emperor those investors would stand to make an incredible amount of credits.

He had bided his time for years in captivity and now was the time to make his move or be destroyed trying. The storm troopers that were guarding him wore belts and on those belts were frag grenades. With a flick of his finger, Cyrax armed one of the devices and then pulled the trooper close to his cage with the Force. He protected himself in a Force barrier and watched as the device exploded. One trooper was vaporized by the blast and the other was violently thrown into a wall and killed. More importantly for Cyrax was that the clear reinforced transparisteel window of his cage was destroyed.

Through the Force Cyrax did not sense any Jedi approaching his location which gave him a small window to escape. He quickly disrobed the storm trooper that was thrown into the wall and took his armour for himself. He put the helmet over his head and applied his energy to hide his Force signature while he moved away from the area. Cyrax took the turbo lift from the detention block and up to the hanger bay where he saw rows of star fighters and speeders in a cavernous room. There were also many beings and droids working around the ships that did not seem to notice him. A loud blare started to ring through out the Temple which no doubt meant the Jedi had discovered his escape.

Cyrax then saw that the hanger door was starting to close down and he got into speeder to make his escape when he heard a voice say, “Trooper, where are you going?” A young Jedi followed by three troopers approached him. Cyrax was pleased with this turn of events and without saying anything he pulled the Jedi’s lightsabre from his belt and ignited the blade. He leapt at the group and with two quick strikes Cyrax cut down the troops. He watched as the Jedi rolled away from him. The Jedi then levitated a few parts canisters and hurled them at Cyrax who simply raised his hand and sent them back. The Jedi was clearly not a seasoned Force user and Cyrax wanted to exploit it.

Cyrax applied a Force choke and was about to snap the young Jedi’s neck when he heard an all too familiar voice. “Release him Cyrax.” The Sith turned and saw Darius Baron standing at the entrance of the turbo lift. Cyrax levitated the Jedi and threw him at Darius who caught the young Iktotchi with the Force and set him down. “Go and alert the Council that the prisoner is here.” He then turned to Cyrax and said “Surrender Master. There is no escape and there is no need for violence.”
    “You still don’t understand Darius.” Cyrax began saying. “I will never be a prisoner again. Not of the Jedi and especially not of this false Empire. “

Cyrax ignited the lightsabre he took from the young Jedi and leapt at Darius bringing down a flurry of strikes that his former apprentice parried. Darius could feel that Cyrax seemed physically weaker after his incarceration but his connection to the Force would more than make up for it. Cyrax was more aggressive than in their previous duel and Darius now understood that it was because his Master could not stand the thought of being a prisoner again. Darius knew little of his Master’s past but he did know that at some point he was a slave. In that time of being a slave he lost someone dear to him and from then he became angry, hateful, and learned about the Force. It was a story that Darius once sympathized with but now he knew that Cyrax had lost his way and he now wanted revenge.

Darius wanted to stall his former master so he and the Jedi could recapture him. There was still more they needed to discover about Cyrax’s plans. For the first time in a long while the Jedi’s control over the Force seemed to be slipping. There had been numerous disturbances in the Force in recent months and they all were veiled by the Dark Side. Some of the Jedi had assumed that the threat had ended when they had captured his former master but Darius always had an illusive feeling that the real threat had yet to reveal itself.

Cyrax had just completed a series of moves that pushed Darius back and the Jedi realized that he was not paying enough attention to his former master and now he would pay for it. Cyrax lashed out with a powerful Force push that sent Darius backwards into the wall. His head slammed into the durasteel and before Darius could shake off the weariness Cyrax was on top of him and was about to plunge his lightsabre into his former apprentice’s chest. Darius tried to use the Force to deflect the blade away but only managed to move it away from his heart. The blade still dug into the right side of his abdomen and came out of his right side. Darius wailed out in pain and quickly his vision faded to black.

Cyrax was about to finish Darius off but behind him he felt the presences of two Jedi Masters. Grand Master Joy and Brun Sarro both stood with expressions of horror on their faces. Master Joy levitated Cyrax and threw him into Master Sarro’s direction. She made her way to Darius called a medical team and quickly dropped into a healing trance powered by the Force. Master Sarro quickly turned his attention to Cyrax who was just recovering from his fall. Master Sarro charged at Cyrax with his lightsabre ignited and the two men engaged in battle. Cyrax felt that his energy was beginning to fade after escaping and dealing with Darius. He felt the Jedi Master’s confidence start to take over. Cyrax had to use that against him if he wanted to survive this encounter.

Master Joy was thankfully occupied and so Cyrax could concentrate on Sarro. He battled hard and pushed the Jedi into a position where Sarro was vulnerable to Force lightning. Cyrax wasted no time in applying it and hitting his mark. Sarro was over taken by the lightning and was trying to lift his lightsabre to block it. As he struggled to lift his arms Cyrax quickly stopped the attack and before Sarro could readjust he did not see the fist that had collided with his chin. Cyrax had punched Sarro and saw that the Jedi master was caught off guard and fell back. In that instant with Force enhanced speed Cyrax leaped for the nearest Jedi star fighter and activated it. He lifted off and was going to fire at Master Joy who was helping a medical crew stabilize Darius. Sarro realized what was about to happen and launched a powerful Force push at Cyrax’s fighter and altered the trajectory of the cannon blast away from his beloved.

As Cyrax watched the blast miss he wasted no more time and made for the hanger bay entrance. He fired again and blew apart the door and flew out of the hanger bay. He activated the thrusters and made for the Coruscant night sky. Sarro looked at his wife who nodded at him and he saw she was fine. He mounted a fighter if his own and took off after Cyrax. Sarro configured his nav computer to track the stolen fighter and he planned his flight path accordingly.

The Jedi approached closer to Cyrax and Sarro began to scan the skyline for a visual of the ship. He noticed CSF speeders in the area as well but the stolen fighter was no where in sight. Sarro then saw a flash in the corner of his eye and he looked over as he saw the CSF speeders making their way to the scene of a fire. He heard his own ship alarm him that Cyrax’s ship was no longer on the scanner. Sarro landed beside the CSF patrols and went to find Cyrax but did not find his body. He knew that Cyrax had escaped and he began to have the same feeling of failure as he did years ago when he went after Arianna Dern’s lover.

It was a failure to Sarro because he and his wife had felt a disturbance in the Force that had rippled with the Dark Side not long ago. It was a presence that was similar to that of the young man he chased through Coronet City. That boy was clearly suffering to the point that his pain had clouded his mind and made him angry at the Jedi and everyone that he deemed to be at fault for Arianna Dern’s death. Sarro thought the boy had died in a speeder accident but he knew now that the boy may have survived and become a Dark Force that the Jedi might have to deal with sooner rather than later.

Now Cyrax had escaped as well and with him another threat had risen against the galaxy. This was a man that was bent on taking over the Empire by destroying as many people as possible. Sarro scanned the area one more time and used the Force to see if he could sense Cyrax but the mass of beings that had stopped to look at the wreckage made the Force dense and difficult to sense one particular person. He went in the opposite direction of the mass of people that were hovering around the accident scene. Sarro thought he heard someone say the word ‘lightsabre’ out loud and he immediately quickened his pace. The Jedi Master made out the head of dirty blonde hair rushing the other way and knew that he found Cyrax.

Cyrax had gone into the crowd and those that saw him quickly turned back around when he flashed a lightsabre in his hand. In the distance he heard the sirens of the CSF vehicles coming into the area. Cyrax had purposely crashed his ship here as he knew of an underground network of sewer tunnels that lead close to his apartment. He followed a series of alleys that were all unlit and had some drunkards and spice addicts huddling up to hide what they were doing. Cyrax did not care for the weak of the galaxy. They had their part to play as they kept the crime organizations that Cyrax manipulated running.

Cyrax finally made it to the entrance of the sewer and as he opened the grate he heard the snap hiss of a lightsabre being activated. The familiar presence of Brun Sarro came through the Force and Cyrax turned to meet the cold gaze of the Jedi Master.

“Master Sarro, let’s get this over with, shall we?” Cyrax said.
    “I would like nothing better Cyrax.” Sarro replied.

Master Sarro became the aggressor and used multiple power strikes with his large build behind them. Cyrax went on the defensive and parried the blows of the heated Jedi Master. Cyrax decided to use that to his advantage. “How is your wife Master Sarro?” Cyrax began before absorbing an elbow to his chest. His plan was to turn the battle into a physical one and then bring Sarro close enough for a Force attack which was exactly what happened. Brun Sarro attempted to beat Cyrax into a pulp while trying not to lean on the wrong side of the Force. He had never felt such aggressive feelings but when his wife was threatened, a friend maimed, and his Order was being threatened, Brun Sarro was only human.

Cyrax caught Sarro with a Force push and while the Jedi fell back he fired Force Lightning to paralyze him. Cyrax had earned himself the opportunity to enter the sewer grate and drop inside of a massive pipe that had a stream of water running through it. The odour made his nose twitch as he ran through the sewer. The water slowed Cyrax down and now he could feel that the Jedi Master was in pursuit of him. Cyrax looked around as he ran and saw a pipe that had steam running through it. Cyrax pulled it down with the Force and continued to run hoping that he could avoid fighting the Jedi again. His escape and the battles with Master Sarro had worn him down. Cyrax came to multi outlet crossing and went through the left one thinking that that he had finally lost the Jedi.

Master Sarro arrived at a multi outlet area and couldn’t feel Cyrax any longer in the Force. He knew the Dark warrior had concealed himself and with no visual there was no way for the Jedi to know where Cyrax had gone. Sarro called up a map of the vast network of tunnels on his holo-pad and realized it would be next to impossible to find Cyrax. Sarro began to weigh his options but his comm buzzed and he was told that his presence was needed back at the temple. Master Sarro looked at the map again and tried to quickly guess where Cyrax could have gone but there were too many outflows and possibilities and so Sarro knew the chase was over. There would be another time.

Jedi Temple

Grand Master Joy sat quietly at the bedside of her dear friend Darius Baron. He was breathing with the assistance of a machine because of the wound he inflicted during the battle with Cyrax in the hanger. Again Darius had proved how selfless he was when he saved the young Jedi from his former master. Over the years of his stay at the Jedi Temple Master Joy and Darius had developed a friendship based on great respect because she admired how he had reformed himself and his life. Darius Baron was one of the few beings in last three hundred years who had come off the dark path and embraced the light. His power had grown so much that Darius had become the best swordsman in the Order and one of its most noble. Now he was fighting for his life and beyond the skills of Master Joy who was proficient in healing trances.

The medical droids had repaired what they could of Darius’ inner tissue and given him a blood transfusion. His body though had gone through a major trauma and to help the healing process Darius was induced into a coma to keep him stabilized. Darius’ brain activity was normal but his pulse was faint, it was simply too early to tell if he would fully recover. Master Joy always relied on the Force in these situations and she looked for Darius’ presence in it. At first she could not sense him but finally there was a faint flicker of him there. Joy could feel he was weak and fading as if he was giving up. She could feel the pain and doubt he was carrying within him and then images of his uncle, Master Jenner, and dark images of himself falling to the Dark Side. Joy reached to him and hoped to give Darius a subtle touch that would reassure him that he was not alone.

Master Joy felt a response come back toward her in the Force and she knew that she had reached Darius. She felt that his misery had subsided a little but Joy knew it would be difficult to free him of the terror of his self made chains. Even though they had multiple conversations since the death of Master Jenner Darius still held on to all the guilt of that incident and that of his uncle’s death. Joy and Brun Sarro both tried to show him that he was highly valued and respected within the Jedi Order. Darius knew that his peers respected him; it was a matter of self respect. Master Joy worried about how this latest set back would affect her friend.

Coruscant Mid Level Sky Lanes

Captain Taric Raywood looked around the scene and knew this was going to be a long night. A Jedi star fighter had crashed in the middle of Coruscant’s mid sky lanes. These lanes were meant to be for local speeder traffic and then there was another Jedi star fighter that was parked illegally beside the wreckage. When he first received the call Taric wondered why he was being called in on a simple traffic accident but Taric was later informed that it was about a prisoner escape from the Jedi temple. High command demanded the return of the prisoner and they were obviously unimpressed with the Jedi for keeping a prisoner that was using the Dark Side of the Force a secret. Taric had the area locked down and setup a two kilometre perimeter that was virtually useless against a Force user but at least he could contain the public. This omission of information was an act that would start to raise questions about the Empire’s relationship with the Jedi Order.

Taric was a high ranking officer in CSF and made his name when he dealt with the assassination attempt by the Mandalore on the Emperor about a decade ago. Taric uncovered the plot through various Mandalorian connections and black mailing some of those informants with prison time in order to get that information. He did not usually go to such extreme tactics but when in it came to the Emperor, there was no stone left unturned. Taric oversaw most of CSF’s important operations and this was no different as it concerned the Jedi. There were those within the high command of CSF that suspected Taric of being a Jedi sympathizer and therefore his judgements would be biased. He had proven that was not the case as he had kept a close eye on their actions. Taric knew about most of the Jedi’s deployments and activities but even he did not see this incident coming.

Taric was one of the few CSF agents that still believed in the Jedi Order and knew that if they were to be disbanded and outlawed as many people in the galaxy wanted, that would leave the galaxy vulnerable. He felt that they still had a place as long as Grand Master Joy was at the head of the Order. Taric did not have many communications with Master Joy but he had worked with a few Jedi including Masters Brun Sarro, Darius Baron, and until recently Master Sella Jenner. There was hope for the Jedi with people like them at the helm. Dark Jedi, Sith, or any Force user with any kind of malicious intent had to be stopped and Jedi were the most capable of doing so. Taric was opposed to the harshness of rounding up suspected dark side users and incarcerating them but that law had saved countless lives. The Jedi were deployed anytime there was any information about improper use of the Force. No chances were taken, nothing was left to chance.

The Jedi could not be everywhere and so CSF had to maintain a high standard of security in the capital and abroad. The CSF Information Bureau’s Investigations Division which Taric was the head of; was vital to the galactic effort of keeping information flowing and star systems secure throughout the Empire. In Taric’s eyes the Jedi were an extension of the bureau as they shared and acted upon any intelligence relating to Force users. Of course the Jedi held some secrets but so did Taric’s people, which was why this incident needed to be handled in a delicate manner. The Jedi had known about and imprisoned a known user of the Dark Side of the Force without notifying CSFIB.

Taric could see that this issue would be further complicated by the fact that Master Brun Sarro was seen in area chasing after the suspect. Master Sarro rarely left the Jedi Temple unless it was something significant and considering the smoke rising from the Temple, a significant occurrence had happened. Taric had deployed a team to scan the lower tunnels as he knew it was probably where the escapee had used the tunnels to get out of the area. He was not surprised to find out that his team had met Brun Sarro coming from the tunnels. What had surprised Taric was that Sarro looked like he had lost a fight. Sarro was a larger man and a powerful Jedi that as far as Taric recalled had never lost a battle. Now Taric felt worse.

Sarro walked towards the scene and looked around at the proverbial net that CSF had placed over the area. He noticed a familiar face in Captain Raywood and Sarro figured to start with him so he could get away. “Captain Raywood, how are you?”

“I was fast asleep until they woke me up for this. What happened here Master Sarro?” Taric said wasting no time. “The Jedi kept a Force using prisoner?”
    “Who said it was a Force user?” Sarro said with an idea that it was his wife.
    “The Grand Master informed us Master Sarro. It looks like the prisoner got away.” Taric said carefully as he was greeted with a scowl.
    “The man’s name is Cyrax. He was the one that set your General Singard loose with battle droids.” Sarro started to explain. “He was also Darius Baron’s former Sith master.”
    “He’s a Sith Lord?” Taric said disappointed. “Is he the one that killed Master Jenner?”
    “Yes.” Sarro admitted.
    “I knew that report was a lie.” Taric said disappointed. “This looks terrible Master Sarro. I’ve fought for the Jedi too long to be betrayed like this. Why are we hearing about this now? How long has Cyrax been in your custody?”
    “Years Captain,” Sarro said with an edge in his voice. “He is too powerful for your detention centres and we could not allow CSF to kill him either. There is something else out there.” Sarro said turning his head away from Taric and looking out into the skyline. “There is another threat that Cyrax is about to unleash as well. He has a biological agent that we were questioning him about. He has refused to reveal anything about it. We must find it.”
    “For Kriff’s sake Sarro, where do we even start?” Taric asked even more frustrated than before.
    “It would make sense to start looking where we captured him in the warehouse district.” Sarro replied.
    “Send me the co-ordinates. Is there anything else?”
    Sarro debated whether to bother CSF with this but he had to let them know. “There is another Sith on their way to Coruscant. We needed any information that Cyrax was willing to give up but again, he revealed nothing. I have felt it in the Force. It seeks balance and he will bring it.”
    “Who Master Sarro, who can be worse than this Sith that escaped today?” Taric asked.
    Sarro’s anger and the familiarity of the scene around him had suddenly helped him see the visions of the boy that had lost his love and wanted revenge back on Corellia. The tide was turning and Cyrax escaping was just the beginning of the resurgence of the Sith. “I don’t know his name but he was broken long ago and now he has been remade into a darkness that will come for all of us.”

Coruscant Security Force Headquarters – Imperial Centre

Taric had left the accident scene and returned to the CSF’s offices at Imperial Centre. All he could think about was Master Sarro’s warning about the bio-weapon that Cyrax was going to consume Coruscant with and of course the looming ‘dark man’ that was coming. Sometimes he really hated the Force. Taric decided that he could not help what was to come but he could work on finding that virus. He went to the organized crime division and sought out his colleague and more than good friend Netra Frost. They had come up through the Imperial academy together and quickly became friends and through their intensity and common goal of being better than the other, they became romantically involved. Through an undeniable bond they came to love each other but never declared anything formally as they were content to keep it from others. Netra’s parents had been killed by gang violence and so she was committed to that group and was the most informed agent in it.

Taric had Netra start to look into Coruscant’s crime syndicates for any financial clues related to the purchase of the battle droids that could lead to Cyrax. The purchase of something that big had to have raised some kind of flags somewhere within the CSF network. After a few hours they turned up nothing out of the ordinary in the recent spending habits of the groups and of General Singard. Singard’s betrayal had become a sore point within the CSF and Imperial Navy. He was the highest ranking officer who had betrayed the Empire in over two centuries and the fact that he had been corrupted by a Sith was even more disheartening to Taric. It was all a brutal reminder of the past and the sway that the Dark Side had on the galaxy when it was used by a being that was considered evil.

Taric pulled up Singard’s file and saw that the internal investigation that the Navy had done and could not find any financial evidence of large credit transfers or anything that could lead them to believe that Singard was under someone’s control. The evidence suggested he acted on his own even though the Jedi report stated Singard that was more than likely working for someone else. The Navy wanted proof but since there was none, they considered the case closed. Taric’s next course of action was to alert the Navy about the Jedi keeping Cyrax prisoner and not telling the Empire that he was involved with Singard. He knew that the new CSF Commander Vidor Dalporte, who made his rise via Cor-Sec on Corellia, was sour on the Jedi. This incident would only further that feeling but Taric wanted to spin the result into resources for himself to locate and capture Cyrax. There had to be a trail and Taric was determined to find it, now for the hard part.

“Captain Raywood. How can I help you?” Commander Dalporte’s hologram said.
    “Thank You for taking the time sir. I have an update on the situation you asked me to investigate.” Taric replied.
    “What have the Jedi been hiding Captain?”
    “They’ve held a Dark Side user captive for a significant amount of time sir. This man is known as Cyrax and he escaped Jedi custody and gravely wounded Master Darius Baron during the escape.” Taric did not see a strong reaction so he continued. “The Jedi believe that this man is connected with the traitorous General Singard as well. They think that Cyrax has as grander plan that he has yet to show.”
    “What is this man planning Captain Raywood?” Dalporte asked.
    “I don’t know sir but I am looking into it right now through the connections to General Singard.” Taric said. “Also, according to the Jedi, Cyrax has a biological weapon that he plans to use as well as the fact that I think that this Sith has more battle droids stored somewhere.”
    “Keep me informed Captain. I have to report this to the Emperor.” The commander said with more urgency in his voice. “Find out what he is doing. Scour the warehouse districts and levels. They’re the perfect hiding places and the only facilities where he could unload massive cargo containers like that unnoticed.”
    “The Jedi Sir?” Taric asked worried about the answer.
    “Master Joy will be my next call, Dalporte out.”

Taric rubbed his eyes and refocused on the screen. He had some connections within the warehouse district but he would need a legion of soldiers and a year’s worth of time to go through all of the warehouses in the upper district and all the ones in the lower levels. Taric commed Netra and let her know of Commander Dalporte’s orders. She was tasked with making up a plan of where the search would start. Taric suggested that it made sense to start looking where the Jedi had captured Cyrax. He gave her the co-ordinates and started to think about getting the Jedi involved. Taric had a good relationship with them and so he hoped that Commander Dalporte did not alienate them to the point that would not help the CSF anymore.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope Darius will be alright and that they can stop the devious plans of Cyrax.

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Nephros anyone?

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent stuff Furio! Intense action & wonderful about Darius' strength & Joy's assurances. Cyrax is a true and fearsome menace! [face_nail_biting]