main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Currents: AU, OC's, 400 ABY Now at Chapter 28 - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 15, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Amazing action! =D= Battle droids in the mix? [face_nail_biting] Never a good day then. :eek: The Joy/Brun scene - wonderful and caring. Brun's right; they need to be proactive.

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting clash between Jedi and Sith. I hope the Jedi win

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Being a huge fan of the Legacy comics, I am really, really giddy about all those characters I loved being referenced here, starting from the very beginning!

Chapter 1 comments, as I went:

From the very beginning on, I wonder if this Emperor is Fel at all. I know that Roan Fel had fallen to the Dark side, but at the same time, it would take a really, really twisted mind to poison the drinking water. That said, I see Wormwood, the Biblical star from Revelation in waaay too many places, and now - boom - it's here, too. Pretty sure this will be one of those end of days fics.

With the way how what we knew ended and how fragile the peace was, something was bound to happen sooner or later. Marasiah Fel was - ironically - often dealing in absolutes herself, a reminiscent of her father's vile side and totally unlike [what I hope was] her husband's approach. But needless to say that if these two had a child, who became the next Emperor, things just HAD to get worse. That said, I am surprised that it took such a long time for things to be so bad!

Killing all the Force users who seemed to be practicing Dark side powers is a bit too repressive and could have been threatening to various, mostly primitive Force sects and organisations that had NOTHING to do with the Jedi and the Sith.

These operations were everything from assassinations, political rigging, to secret negotiations on other worlds. --- So very Jedi...not. Whoever is the Emperor now is closer to Palpatine than the Fel dynasty members we know. Ugh.

This little girl is intriguing. Lik a toned down version of the protagonist from Undeniably Evil. Or, well, at least I hope that she won't take that route.

And Nyeb?! What the heck did just happen? Did she use a mind trick on him or is the point of what the Jedi are completely lost in time? Or Is he a Sith in disguise?

The older Jedi Master looked at both of them from head to toe for some reason was slightly bothered by the name. “You have named her after the Mandalorian word for black? Master Lorn, was there any reason for this? I’m sure you could have thought of something a little more appropriate.” - At this point, I am pretty sure it's the latter!

“Your life is mine young one, you will become an instrument of my will.” - OK, now this is scary!

“Vikka, I see you are angry.” Nyeb started saying. “You must not use this anger to influence your powers in the Force. It is a path to the Dark Side.” Vikka looked lost now instead of angry. “I sense your confusion Padawan but what I am teaching you is beyond the Jedi, the Sith, good, and evil. The Force should bend to the user not the user to it, there should be no darkness, no light, just your mind and the Force in harmony. Do you understand?” - Gulp. Has this man ever heard of Vergere, perchance?

The scene with the Twi'lek girl was brutal. :(

“It’s a device I took from a Cor Sec agent many years ago. It scans the room for our DNA and destroys it. You understand that we cannot leave any trace of our presence here.” - Sounds like something doctor Aphra would do, though I understand that this chapter predates the new Darth Vader comics.

While Vika and her master scare me, I like Trip, a lot! :)

A side note: in my native language, Jeti would mean Yeti (we pronounce J as Y) and Nyeb, if pronounced Na-yeb...well, I am not allowed to use that word on here! O_O

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

Thank You NH! Roger roger. Have Jedi every really been proactive? :p

Much appreciated early. :)

Ewok Poet

Thank you for the comments EP! I appreciate the thoughtful insights and remarks. Cushing's Admirer gave similar comments.

Legacy was the starting off point in that, I needed a fresh start away from Skywalkers and Solos for my OC's to have their own history to draw from.

As for the Force sects and Dark Side intolerance, I wanted to show a bleaker and strict future. This gets more attention in the next chapters. Almost like X-Men: Days of Future Past, but with the twist that it's the supposed "good guys/Jedi" that are the gestapo types that are carrying out the extermination. The story though, shows that neither side of the Force can be held dormant for long. An Awakening if you will :p

This emperor...is using Nyeb not as a Jedi Knight but as a lone operative. Nyeb isn't carrying out Jedi sanctioned missions. Nyeb's a beast, a manipulator and he wants domination over anyone he comes into contact with. He knows there is more to the Force than what he's been taught by the Jedi. The lack of Dark Side users has made the Jedi a little ignorant to that side of the Force. Vikka is just another being Nyeb can claim dominance over. I love Vergere and Nyeb is a more cynical and brutish version of her. At least that's what I was going for until he needs something else...

The scene with the Twi'lek was yet another reminder of what Nyeb has put into Vikka's mind.

Everyone likes Trip. I don't :p

I'm trying to get something up tomorrow earliest.

Thank You everyone! ^:)^

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Ewok Poet
    Thank you all for reading :)

Chapter 15 Part 2

The Jedi had kept up their defence and Master Baron was about to urge them to get out of the hanger until he was then overcome with a feeling of reassurance and hope through the Force. The approaching presence was familiar and quite welcome. Master Sarro entered the hanger with six Jedi Knights behind him. The Jedi immediately went to work and started to even the odds but Master Sarro had other ideas. He had felt the presence as soon as he was in sight of Nar Shaddaa. The Cor-Sec agent turned Sith that eluded him all those years ago was here and Sarro fully intended on making certain he never left the Smuggler’s Moon.

Darth Nephros had cleared his area once again and then the sound of multiple lightsabres igniting drew his attention. Multiple Jedi had entered the hanger and through the smoke he saw one man looking directly at him. The older Jedi was solely focused on Nephros and then the Sith quickly recalled who he was. He was the Jedi master that had chased him through Coronet City, Master Brun Sarro. Darius started to follow Master Sarro and both men approached the Sith Lord while Vikka, Trip and the remaining six Knights fought off the rest of Cyrax’s ambush teams.

The three men walked towards each other with their lightsabres ignited and Nephros didn’t wait as he launched his double bladed sabre like a spear at Darius who just deflected the oncoming projectile with his own lightsabre. What the Jedi had not anticipated was that Nephros was right behind his missile with his single lightsabre already ignited. Master Sarro engaged and started to lash out with controlled swipes and strokes that Nephros parried. When Darius came in behind the Sith he applied his own pressure that forced Nephros to retreat a few steps backwards. Sarro had no intention of letting up and went right after Nephros who responded with a Force push that the Jedi Master absorbed but he had to stop his charge which gave the Sith enough time to parry the incoming strikes from Darius.

While Darius engaged the Sith, Sarro had to hesitate and try and re-position himself to help his fellow Jedi. As Sarro turned he saw that Nephros had put a boot to Darius’ stomach and Force pushed him to the ground. Nephros turned his attention to Sarro who closed in with Force enhanced speed but the Sith anticipated the move and with what little stamina he had left he parried the heavy overhead strike. Nephros pushed himself as he had a chance to destroy the very Jedi that chose to do nothing after Arianna died. It was yet another chance to satisfy his lust for vengeance as he recalled Master Sarro’s indifference to her death. The images of Sarro brought about a savage hiss from the Sith Lord.

“You have fallen so far Marcus.” Sarro said “This is not what Arianna Dern would have wanted for you. I can sense your feelings for her.”
    “My name is Darth Nephros.” The Sith Lord replied as he stole a quick glance at Darius Baron who had rejoined his master. “I shed that pathetic existence. I now have the power to eclipse the Jedi and hold your Order accountable for not replying to Arianna’s death properly.”
    “What was proper? Killing every last Blood Rock across the galaxy?” Sarro retorted. “It’s a never ending cycle that leads to nowhere, which is exactly where you are now Marcus.”
    “My purpose is clear Sarro.” Nephros said purposely using the Jedi Master’s name. “I’ve come from the depths of despair and survived dark forces you can’t even comprehend to arrive here. At this very moment I will show you the nature of the Dark Side. “

Darth Nephros’ rage hit a fever pitch and the blood within him boiled as his anger became focused on the Jedi Masters in front of him. He raised his hands and unleashed a barrage of Force Lightning at Sarro and Darius thought to take advantage and charge at Nephros but he was also struck by the lightning in a chain attack. Sarro blocked the attacked with his lightsabre but Darius was being ravaged and seized by it. His screams of torment only fueled the Sith Lord more as he applied even more power into the attack. Sarro looked at Darius on the ground and then at Nephros’ hate filled blood red eyes. He knew that Marcus, this Nephros, would not relent and Darius was in no condition to repel the attack. The Jedi Knights were occupied with droids and Blood Rocks, so if Sarro did not do something Darius was going to die.

The Jedi Master only thought for a moment and in that moment he saw the face of his beloved Joy who he loved more than anything. Sarro wished he could have told her one more time as he did not know how this would end. He dropped his lightsabre and ground his teeth together as he used the Force to absorb the lightning attack. Sarro had a deep connection to the Force and he trusted it to guide him through this. He had visualized his plan and now he was playing it out. Sarro absorbed the lightning and fired it back at Nephros who had to cease his attack and take the hit in his chest. Nephros was so engorged with the Dark Side that he immediately got to his feet to face the Jedi Master who had take up his lightsabre again.

The Dark Lord was not surprised by the Jedi Master’s abilities and had to concentrate solely on him now. Sarro was a worthy adversary despite his slavery to the Jedi path. Darius had not moved after the lightning attack had been lifted but Sarro could still feel his presence in the Force. Nephros took his lightsabre and ignited it once again. Fatigue should have settled upon him but his adrenaline and the Force kept the Sith functioning. He took a deep breath and observed the Jedi breathing heavily. Nephros could see the battle was beginning to weigh on his opponent as well.

“You’re growing tired Jedi.” Nephros mocked using Don Moch
    “The Force will sustain me as it is sustaining you. I can feel you’re drawing on it heavily.” Sarro then thought perhaps he should do some of his own version of taunting. “Arianna would not approve of what you have become, Marcus.”
    “I wonder if she would have approved your failure to bring those that murdered her to justice.” Nephros replied.
    “She was a Jedi and a good one at that. I remember her as a child full of life and a brilliant future. It was snuffed out because of you. You poisoned her mind and you were the one that led her to death.” Sarro said trying to cloud the mind of the younger man.
    “I loved her. She loved me.” Nephros raged. “It was the Jedi Order and all its rules that held her back from the life she should have had with me.”
    “It was a life built on sand Marcus.” Sarro said calmly. “Do you remember when I first met you and you wouldn’t let me speak? I was going to tell you Arianna held to her principles in the end Marcus. She reported in the morning of her death that her mission was almost complete and she would be returning to Coruscant. Arianna was leaving you.”
    “I knew she was returning to Coruscant. She wanted to maintain our relationship though.” Marcus countered.
    “No Marcus. She was going to turn you over to the Jedi, for your own protection of course.”

Nephros had no response. He did not believe that Arianna was going to turn him over to the Order. The Jedi was lying to confuse him and take his mental edge away. If Sarro was telling the truth it would be the worst of betrayals and Nephros simply could not believe that Arianna was placing him in the custody of the Jedi. Even though they were not going to run away together he knew they were going to try and maintain a relationship. Nephros then recalled their conversation the night before Arianna died. For a moment he could recall the moonlight on her face. The shadows dancing as the laid together.

Fire consumed Nephros’ mental images and he was more enraged than ever. The Dark Lord threw himself at the Jedi Master. Sarro was not surprised that the Sith went on the attack trying to strike him down after his comments about Arianna. The Jedi parried the slashes and then used his own combinations that produced a hit on the Sith's arm. The strike barely slowed Nephros down at all. The only thing it accomplished was raising the Sith's intensity level. Nephros roared as he came back at Sarro again with powerful over hand slams that would have cut right through duracrete. As the Sith came in closer and closer he managed to land an elbow in Sarro's mid section and then in the next instant Sarro was forced back and slammed into the wreckage Targo’s ship by a Force push.

Sarro got up and wiped the blood that had started to trickle down the corner of his mouth. He looked around and used the Force to levitate numerous pieces of the destroyed ship. Sarro proceeded to fire them all at the Sith at once hoping for a hit. Nephros had slowed the pieces of the ship but saw the Jedi re-igniting his lightsabre and approaching him with his blade held high. Sarro went in for another attack going for the Sith's mid section hoping to finish him. Nephros re-ignited his blade and stopped the swing that would have killed him. They exchanged more booming strikes and rattled their bodies in a way that neither had ever felt before. Sarro saw a quick opening and punched Nephros on the chin forcing the Sith back again.

The tide was turning and Master Sarro was beginning to gain an advantage. The Light Side of the Force was guiding his movements and filling Sarro with strength. The Jedi then used the Force to lift another small piece of debris from the ship that was behind Nephros. He sent it fast to Nephros’ right shoulder and it pierced the skin and tore into the muscle just short of the tendons creating a bloody wound. Nephros roared with frustration and pain. With assistance from the Force he attacked again but was caught by Sarro and they held the sabre lock until the Sith pushed the Jedi back. Their lightsabres smashed against each other again and again, and locked again. Nephros’ anger was making him drop into Dark Side more and more and his strength began to come back to him after the initial shock of his shoulder wound had subsided.

In the lock Nephros reverted to a favourite move of his by striking with a head butt that crushed the Jedi's nose. Sarro could not breath for a moment and stumbled back a few steps giving the Sith the tactical advantage. The Dark Lord lashed out with a Force storm by raising his hands in the air and raining down bolts of heavy Force Lightning on the Jedi. Nephros painfully tried to maintain the attack with the Force due to the numerous wounds that were affecting his strength and concentration. Still, his connection to the Dark Side sustained him and his rage and anger enhanced his will to destroy the Jedi Master.

Sarro attempted to catch the incoming forks of lightning with his lightsabre but the defensive move did not work as the powerful bolts skipped over his blade and the Jedi was then consumed by the storm and Nephros’ wrath. Sarro called on the Force to try and absorb some of the Sith's power but it only worked partially. His vision started to blur as this time he could not absorb Nephros’ attack fully. Suddenly the intensity started to increase and Sarro felt something sinister happening within him. The lightning was amplifying and moving within him and he tried to counteract it with the Force but Nephros was so overcome with rage and hate that his attack was unstoppable. Sarro held his body as the pain became an after thought. He calmed his breathing and through the Force he sent Joy one last gentle touch of reassurance. Through the Force Nephros felt the Jedi Master give up his defence and he only intensified his attack until it reached critical mass.

Vikka and Trip fought with the other six Jedi Knights against the well trained Blood Rock mercenaries that had dug in with their droids running interference. Her leg was hampering her movements but the Force kept her swift enough to manoeuvre effectively against these opponents. Trip kept a watchful eye on Vikka as he noticed that she had become more brazen and wild with her techniques. It reminded him of the kinrath cave and how she went to another level of anger when she felt the pressure of the situation there. Both Vikka and Trip would try to glance at their Master’s fight with the Sith. Every time Vikka looked over she could not help but be astonished that one man was holding off two Jedi Masters in a duel. Masters Sarro and Baron were both accomplished blade masters and powerful Force users but this Sith was holding both of them at bay.

Vikka had looked into the Sith’s past in the Jedi Archives and she found out about his tragic story despite the fact that there was only Master Sarro’s account. There were his Cor-Sec records which revealed that he was a great soldier until the day that Jedi Knight Arianna Dern had died. Marcus’ reaction to her death only led to the belief that they had a romantic relationship which had gone on for some time. After a chase through Coronet City with Master Sarro that led to an accident he was presumed dead, but not before he killed a Cor-Sec general and incapacitated the Jedi Master. It was not until this very day that the Jedi were sure that Marcus Dal Colle had returned as the Sith Lord Darth Nephros.

This revelation had led to so many questions about where he had gone for all those years. Master Sarro described Marcus’ power as limited and undeveloped at that time but now he was possibly the most powerful Dark Side user since Darth Krayt. From what Vikka, Trip and Master Baron had observed before they entered the hanger. They could see that Darth Nephros was clearly the greatest threat out of all the Sith in this battle. The daunting truth was that there was another that had trained him in the ways of the Dark Side. Perhaps there was information that she was missing but Vikka understood his rage and somehow she had come to feel for Nephros. There was a small amount of understanding that losing so much can drive anyone to a place they never thought possible.

From the corner of Vikka’s eye the room blazed with a different type of light. Vikka looked over and saw Master Baron get caught by the Sith’s attack. When he fell and Master Sarro fought the Sith back she had to turn her attention back to the on coming attacks from the Blood Rocks.

“Trip,” She called out “We have to help Master Sarro.”
    “He’ll be fine Vikka. We have our own problems.” Trip stole a glance and saw Master Baron on the ground. “What happen to Master Baron?”
    “That’s why we have to get over there.” Vikka said in frustration. “Cover me.”
    “No Vikka, cover me. You’re in no condition to fight that Sith.”
    “I don’t intend to fight him, I have to get Master Baron out of there.”

Vikka ignored Trip’s order and took her opportunities to move across the hanger. Trip had no choice but to aid in her safe passage. He motioned to one of the other Jedi Knights that he was moving over to the masters and he got a response of acknowledgment. Vikka had already broken off and was taking cover behind containers and cargo crates. The display of Force powers was awesome and she admired both men involved. Vikka used to Force to move Master Baron’s body towards her. She was suddenly hit with a wave of heat and she heard the Sith say, “I loved her. It was the Jedi Order and all its rules that held her back from the life she should have had with me.”

The men exchanged more words and then the Sith lunged at Master Sarro with a ferocious attack which the Jedi Master parried. From Vikka’s point of view the two men were simply red and blue blurs of light. Both were demonstrating great skill and the Sith was showing formidable endurance. Nephros had fought Cyrax, Nyeb, Master Baron, mercenaries, droids and now Master Sarro. The Sith and Sarro locked their lightsabres and Vikka saw Nephros head butt the Jedi Master and forced him back. Force lightning lit up the hanger and engulfed Sarro. Vikka looked into the dark warrior’s eyes and saw the pure hatred and determination within them. The Dark Side of the Force reverberated off of him and when Vikka looked back at Master Sarro she could not believe what she was witnessing. Master Sarro seemed to be looking right at her with a small smile on his face and in the next instant there was a flash of light and he was gone.

“No!” Vikka yelled as she got to her feet. She leaped at the Sith with her lightsabre reignited and renewed with energy. She attacked with a heavy overhead slam that Nephros had just caught with his own red blade. Vikka used a powerful Force push that put the Sith on his back foot and she took advantage as she pressed her attack. As Vikka broke into Nephros’ guard she used one of her shivs and planted it in his thigh which made him roar with rage. When Vikka tried for another Force push Nephros simply absorbed it and caught Vikka with a well place roundhouse kick to the stomach. The Sith grabbed her neck with a Force choke and squeezed as he watched her try to mount a counter attack of her own. Nephros’ grip was unbreakable and as he squeezed he looked into her green eyes and he suddenly began to think about Arianna. Vikka and Nephros got lost into a moment together where they saw certain images flash before each other’s eyes. They shared images of Arianna, Mr. Baleon, Nephros’ father and then of Vikka’s slain parents, Lorn Nyeb, a young Twi’lek girl and of Trip Vrand.

Nephros released the Jedi and watched as she slumped onto the floor unconscious. He looked upon Vikka’s closed eyes and wondered who she was and how she had caused him to see images of from his past. He then thought on her memories of the pretender Lorn Nyeb, who had been beating her, of the Jedi Knight she had arrived with and of the dead couple on the floor who could have been her parents. It was evident that this Jedi had her own demons and a past full of pain just as he had. Nephros had felt the Force playing a part in the revelation of the images but he was not certain what it meant. What was the Force trying to tell the two of them and what was the purpose connecting Nephros and the female Jedi?

The Dark Lord turned and saw the Jedi that had antagonised him earlier approaching while the other six Jedi were still occupied with Cyrax’s men and droids. Nephros evaluated his own physical condition and suddenly the pain from his leg and other wounds began to weigh heavily on him. He took out the Jedi woman’s shiv from his leg and tossed it beside her body. Nephros took one last look at the woman and with a Force enhanced leap he barely got up onto a catwalk and left the hanger limping and exhausted. He knew of a Blood Rock apartment building where he could reflect on the Jedi woman and tend to his own physical wounds. The Force was telling Nephros that this Jedi had something to do with his future. She was brave and her fighting style was brash. He even felt a slight indication through the Force that she was familiar with the Dark Side.

Grand Master Joy sat in the Jedi Council spire alone with only her thoughts and in darkness. She was also dealing with a broken heart. Her beloved Brun had sent over a feeling of reassurance that before she could understand why he was doing so, the reason came in the next instant when Joy could not sense her husband’s presence anymore. Brun Sarro had died and now for the first time in her life she left like she was not in control of her emotions. Joy had seen the massacred remains of her sister Erin and now she had lost her husband. She did not want to tell Brun that she feared in his leaving to Nar Shaddaa without her but Joy had always trusted his judgement and his mistake had cost Brun his life. The forces against the Jedi were indeed powerful and with the loss of Brun Sarro left them shorthanded.

Joy reached out with the Force and she felt a multitude of presences throughout her temple. She focused even harder on her husband but she could not feel his presence. Joy gave herself more to the Force until it came to the point where she was not even exerting any energy at all. With her sorrow and more importantly the love for her husband, Joy had achieved a wholeness with the Force that she had not ever achieved before. She searched for her husband knowing that she had read in the Jedi Archives that beings could return in the form of an apparition of some kind. Sadly, Brun did not appear to her but an image of Darth Nephros with a ball of Sith lightning came to her mind. Joy now knew who killed her beloved.

Master Joy’s sadness forced her to break off her meditation and so she returned to the quiet and dimly lit Jedi Council room. Alone. The irony of the situation was not lost on Joy as she realized that she was now suffering like Darth Nephros had suffered years ago when Arianna Dern was murdered. The difference was that she had the strength to continue the fight against the Sith without succumbing to the Dark Side of the Force. Master Joy would not give in to hate and she would not seek out Nephros to avenge her husband and sister. She said the Jedi Code to herself numerous times and calmed her mind.

“Excuse me, Master Joy?” Forge said while opening the door to the council’s chamber.
    “Yes Forge, what is it?” Joy answered already knowing what Forge was going to tell her.
    “There is news from Nar Shaddaa. The messenger will only speak to you though.”
    “Very well Forge, thank you.” Master Joy rose from her meditative position and followed Forge to the communications centre.

Trip saw the chance to strike and save Vikka from the Sith’s Force choke but to his surprise the dark warrior released her. He watched as Nephros had gently put Vikka down and fled the scene with Force enhanced speed. Trip came to Vikka’s side and saw her unconscious as he kneeled beside her. Through the Force he could sense that she was alive but nothing else. He became concerned as bruising and swelling had already developed around Vikka’s neck. The other Jedi had finally finished off their enemies and two of them came to Trip’s side while the others went to Darius who had awoken with severe burns all over his face and hands.

Trip held Vikka in his arms and frustration came over him as he looked the over the scene. The Sith had knocked Vikka unconscious, badly burned Master Baron and worst of all he had killed Master Sarro. One of the Jedi Knights was saying something about calling the Jedi Temple and getting help but Trip had tuned him out at that moment. He did not care about anything else as Vikka was his only concern. Emergency vehicles entered the hanger and fire suppression crews put out the fire caused by the speeder in the yacht. A Jedi had brought two medical capsules for Vikka and Master Baron from the just arrived emergency services. Trip motioned them to Master Baron to one capsule and he gently took Vikka to the other.

“Master Vrand” One of the Jedi Knights said quietly. “We have to move them now. The shuttle we came on can take us back to Coruscant.”
    Trip nodded and then turned back to the Knight. “No, I’m taking Vikka’s ship home. She wouldn’t want me to leave it here.”
    “One more thing Master Vrand.” The Twi’lek Knight said. ‘We found a damaged yet unlocked data pad that details a plan. The information is incomplete but the Blood Rocks seems to be headed for Fondor.”
    “Fonder?” Trip remarked. “The orbital shipyards perhaps? I’ll pass it up the chain. Thank You.”

Trip walked back to the public hanger where Vikka had docked the Ulik. A chime went off from Trip’s comm link and he answered it, “This, this is Trip.”
    “Master Trip, we have Master Joy on the comm for you.” The Jedi Temple comms officer said.
    “Who called her already?” Trip asked wondering who was so eager to give Master Joy the terrible news of Master Sarro’s death. “Put her through please.”
    “Knight Vrand,” a surprisingly steady voice said. “This is Master Joy. What happened to Bru…Master Sarro?”
    “He was killed Master Joy, I’m sorry.” Trip said as he visualized the ball of lightning that had engulfed Master Sarro. “Vikka and Master Baron were badly injured and on their way back to Coruscant with the other Knights.”
    “I understand.” Master Joy said. “Please return Master Sarro’s remains with Master Baron and Knight Gratua to Coruscant.”
    “Yes Master, of course.” Trip replied. “I have something else of interest. We found a data pad that mentions a possible Blood Rock mission to Fondor.”
    “Is the information reliable?” Joy asked.
    “No way of telling. I don’t think they planted it though. We all had quite a firefight here and it could have easily been dropped or the data pad may have belonged to one of the deceased.”
    Joy considered the information for a moment before saying, “from the initial reports coming into us here and from what you’re saying I believe following up on this is viable Trip.”
    “Not yet.” Trip said darkly. “I want that Sith.”
    “No Trip. You have another mission now that must be carried out.” Joy said sternly. “I need you to go to Fondor. If something is happening there, it will require our attention.”
    “I guess two Sith are better than one.” Trip conceded.
    “Take the Jedi Knights you have with you on Vikka’s ship. Change the identification codes and try to pass yourselves off as suppliers. Investigate what the Sith are doing there. They won’t be expecting you so you’ll have the element of surprise.”
    “Very well Master Joy. We’ll be on our way shortly. Take care of Vikka please.”

“I will Knight Vrand. May the Force be with you.”

AzureAngel2 and The_Zeltron like this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very intense update with the fight against the Sith.
    I hope Darius and Vikka are going to be alright

7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks for the comment earlybird-obi-wan

I'm going to get something up this weekend.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Furio! Just wow. I'm actually speechless. Sad about Brun though! @};- Things are coming together while also seeming to be getting more tangled. [face_thinking] =D=

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2
    Ewok Poet
    Dandelo

I saw you reading Rick. Just thought you might want to be on the list.

Thanks for reading all. :)

Chapter 16 Part 1: Hyperspace, 400 ABY

Cyrax and Lorn Nyeb sat quietly in the cockpit for most of the week long journey to Fondor. The two had finally seen the true Sith but it seemed that neither man was willingly to admit it. Cyrax had believed himself to be the only Dark Lord of the Sith but after watching Darth Nephros destroy Master Sarro and almost kill Darius Baron from the shadows, he knew who the title belonged to. His new apprentice Lorn Nyeb had started to make gains against Nephros but Cyrax was certain that eventually the younger man’s raw power would have overcome his apprentice. Cyrax was somewhat surprised that his old apprentice had fallen to the Sith so easily. Clearly Darth Nephros was someone that he needed to control for the sake of his new empire.

Cyrax’s plan had already been set in motion even with the death of Targo the Hutt and he now needed to confirm that all parties knew their roles. His mercenary and droid fleets had already amassed and would meet him at Fondor for the final stage of preparation. Cyrax was about to commandeer the most powerful Star Destroyer in the Imperial Navy with the help of an old acquaintance. Before the jump to hyperspace he had contacted the captains of the ships orbiting Nal Hutta to rendezvous at Fondor and Cyrax explained to his contact on the Tiber that the plan was in motion.

The unseen factor and main item in Cyrax’s plan was the virus he developed from the hidden cache he found on Kashyyyk. The original Sith alchemist may have had limited resources and so the potency of their virus was limited. Cyrax used all his knowledge and resources to make the plague deadly and highly contagious. He stored it in a lab on Coruscant to await his eventual arrival. After he took command of his fleets and laid waste to Coruscant’s orbital defences he would unleash the virus and send the planet into a frenzy. The infected would die within days of contracting the contagion and the spread of the virus would occur quickly among such a densely populated planet such as Coruscant. Cyrax’s warriors would be given the cure he developed making them immune to the virus.

As Cyrax looked over various datapads he was interrupted by Nyeb. “We have a good plan Master. The Tiber will be ours.” Nyeb paused before he asked the obvious question. “What will we do about Darth Nephros?”
    “It’s clear Lord Nyeb that he cannot be controlled. He must be eliminated.” Cyrax replied. “In order to seize the Empire we must destroy our biggest threat. I thought the Jedi would be that threat but I was terribly wrong.”
    “A straight fight seems to be futile after today’s events Master. Shall we dispatch an assassin?” Nyeb suggested.
    “Did you not see that he killed arguably the strongest blade master in the galaxy?” Cyrax said with clear annoyance in his voice. “What makes you think that assassins can destroy that animal?”
    “No Master, one assassin. Me.”
    Cyrax looked into his apprentice’s eyes and smiled as he saw the necessary fire within them. “You will seek out the Sith Lord Nyeb and deliver a message for me.”
    “The man is a savage Master; he will not listen to reason.” Nyeb objected. “Let me destroy him.”
    “I will produce an offer that he must listen too. I will give him what he wants and then take everything from him.” Cyrax said with a grin in his face. “After this assignment I will need you on Coruscant. When I unleash the contagion the chaos will bring the Jedi to their knees and we will march on the Emperor and burn his reign to the ground.”
    “What are you going to propose to him Master?” Nyeb asked curiously.
    “If all has proceeded to plan we will have a navy at our disposal and this Nephros will bend the knee or die.” Cyrax paused for a moment. “”If we fail at taking Coruscant our fates will be sealed and we’ll be dead regardless.”
    “I foresaw his arrival years ago.” Nyeb said quietly. “A prophet told me about a darkness that would come. Cities engulfed in flame and chaos.”
    “It will be you and I who bring the fires Lord Nyeb.” Cyrax said with conviction. “Coruscant will be the beginning and once we have the senate the rest of the galaxy will fall in line.”

Imperial Shipyards, Fondor

The Super Star Destroyer Tiber had run its final tests and left the Fondorian imperial Shipyards. She was a second generation update to the Eclipse Class dreadnaughts. Its official orders were to head to Coruscant for a ceremony initiating her into the Imperial Navy. Her captain was not a captain at all, he was an admiral. Admiral Kenza Wam’kodo was a Twi’lek who had overseen the final stages of her construction.

The Admiral stood on the bridge of his new vessel and scanned the room making sure that all his personally hand picked crew members were ready. Wam’kodo had no intentions of bringing the ship to Coruscant though, he was going to give the most powerful Star Destroyer in the galaxy to a Dark Lord of the Sith. Cyrax had hand selected Admiral Wam’kodo many years ago when he discovered that the Admiral had a younger sister that had been rounded up and imprisoned by the Empire because she had ‘dark tendencies’ and wouldn’t listen to reason. Wam’kodo always wanted revenge for his sister’s eventual death in that prison and Cyrax had supplied the means and the opportunity to do so.

Wam’kodo was an agent of Cyrax for almost two decades and monitored the Imperial Navy for him. When he found out the Tiber was being built he quickly positioned himself to receive the commission and be her first captain knowing that he would one day use her to destroy the very navy she was built to serve in. In the meantime Wam’kodo did his own networking as he developed and grew a group of beings that he could trust to one day do the unthinkable and betray the Empire for another would be emperor. He was surprised how many beings came to Cyrax’s cause out of hatred for the Empire and its treatment of Force users, or just to make as many credits as possible.

The Admiral had three more captains that he moulded to be his accomplices. One controlled an Imperious Class Star Destroyer and the other two controlled heavy cruisers. Each captain had to have complete control of their crews and make certain they were totally loyal to the cause. Wam’kodo’s captains had eventually done so and once Cyrax had notified him their plan was ready, the Admiral would make his captains bring their ships to Fondor for maintenance. Cyrax’s navy would include the four Imperial ships along with Targo’s mercenary and droid forces which included another dreadnaught, frigates, destroyers, freighters and thousands of fighters. Their first task would be to secure Fondor, then they would cripple the Fifth Fleet at Bothawui with a surprise attack and then to Coruscant to start the invasion.

Years of planning was falling into place as Cyrax was also manning his army by hoarding droid soldiers, vehicles, and fighters from his Techno Union suppliers. He had been smuggling them aboard the Tiber with Wam’kodo’s help as the Admiral was also overseeing the ship’s construction and so it became simple to bring the cargo aboard. The operation had been going on for years within the Tiber’s berth in the shipyard. Targo had rented out his own personal Blood Rock hanger which also provided them with a base of operations. Between Wam’kodo and the local Blood Rock mercenaries, Cyrax’s interests were well taken care of on Fondor.

In terms of allies, Coruscant had no one to help them against a sneak attack as the Corellians would not come to Coruscant’s aid out of self preservation. Even though the Hapan Dragon Fleet was loyal to the Empire, they would not be a factor if and when they decided to attack. The reason being was when Cyrax had taken control of the planet’s orbital battle stations, Coruscant would be well fortified between those stations and its navy. Then there was the Ninth Fleet which had the second largest number of ships behind the Fifth Fleet. If the Ninth attacked the battle would be long and drawn out but Cyrax’s assets would eventually take the day.

Cyrax had recently made contact from Nar Shaddaa with Admiral Wam’kodo giving him warning that the mission would proceed. The Dark Lord was coming to Fondor with Targo’s navy in toe. The admiral was in his office and had a holo image of his sister on his desk. He looked it over once more before switching it off and contacting his men throughout the Tiber. Their instructions were clear. They were to take control of their respective sections of the ship and recruit those that would serve and arrest those that did not. Admiral Wam’kodo would have the ships within the standard hour and prepped for Lord Cyrax’s arrival.

Admiral Wam’kodo arrived on the bridge with a security detail behind him. He walked to the front view port, looked over the crew and activated the ship’s intercom system to address the whole crew of the Tiber.

“This is Admiral Wam’kodo. I have officially taken command of the Tiber in the name of the new leader of the Empire, Emperor Cyrax.” Admiral Wam’kodo declared. “Those that have been with me over the past years know of what I speak of. You have supported the revolution and I thank you. Those that are new and do not wish to follow us, you are as of now under arrest for treason.”

One man rose from his seat and attempted to pull a blaster on Wam’kodo but he was quickly taken down by one of the Admiral’s guards. No one else rose from their seat. Throughout the ship there were a few dozen crew members that did not believe in Cyrax’s cause and most accepted their title as traitors while others died for their empire. The coup had taken less than a standard hour and Admiral Wam’kodo had taken the most powerful star destroyer in the galaxy for himself. His other captains reported in and had also successfully taken their respective ships with little to no resistance. Wam’kodo had contacted the Fondorian Imperial Shipyard administration and informed them that they and Fondor now belonged to Cyrax’s new regime. The Fondorian government did not respond well as they launched a fighter attack on the Tiber. The attack was repelled and Wam’kodo responded by bombarding Oridin City from orbit.

The planetary shield network took the brunt of the attack initially but a substantial amount of droid fighters and Blood Rock mercenaries were already planet side and they took out the main shield network base which allowed the Tiber to lay waste to the city. It was a horrifying scene once again for Oridin City as this was the second time that Fondor had suffered from orbital bombardment. On the first occasion Darth Caedus had devastated the city in 41 ABY and now Cyrax and Wam’kodo had done it again. Wam’kodo knew that Coruscant would have been notified of his attack and would be either be preparing for a response or fortifying their defences. The Fifth and Ninth fleets would be mobilizing but the Fifth had no idea that Wam’kodo and Cyrax were coming for them next.

“Admiral, a comm from Lord Cyrax is inbound.” A technician said.
    “I will take it in my quarters.” Wam’kodo replied.

The Admiral went to his quarters and activated the comm. Cyrax appeared with his apprentice standing just behind him. “Admiral, are you ready?” Cyrax asked.
    “We are awaiting your arrival my Lord. Fondor has been neutralized and the rest of the fleet from Nar Shaddaa is on route to Bothawui.”
    “We have just come out of hyperspace. Prepare for my arrival.”
    “Yes Lord Cyrax.’
    The comm faded off and Wam’kodo called the bridge to arrange for Cyrax’s arrival. The moment for uncertainty had passed and now the real battle would begin.

Trip hated the fact that he could do nothing to save Fondor. He and his Jedi strike team had stowed away on the Tiber after they boarded with their false identities. Vikka’s ship was extremely quick and they had made it to Fondor in excellent time. Now that they were on board they could hear the loud sound of the massive turbo lasers raining fire on the planet’s surface. The ship had hundreds of new missiles with concussive explosives mounted into their warheads that were used to easily turn large buildings into ash. The Tiber was an incredible war machine and it was doing exactly what it was made for, destroying everything in its path.

Trip always feared that one day war would consume the galaxy again. He was told by Lorn Nyeb that one day the darkness would come and rain fire on the galaxy. Trip was not sure which Sith he was referring to. Nephros’ arrival had destabilized everything and Cyrax was the one bringing the fire upon the galaxy. His greatest fear was still Vikka though. Something had happened between her and Nephros during their duel on Nar Shaddaa. Trip was not certain but he felt like Vikka had closed down their bond so she could not only concentrate on the Sith and communicate with him as well. The possibility was too painful to think about and the fact that Vikka did so made Trip question her loyalty to him.

Trip’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a disturbance in the Force; the presence of the Dark Side had arrived. The Jedi Knight guessed that Cyrax and Lorn Nyeb had arrived to take control of this ship and rendezvous with their fleet. Trip nodded and his Jedi sprang into action securing the docking bay that they had landed in. Trip and his team captured and hid the guards and the few beings running the bay easily and quickly. The Jedi had learned from a prisoner that the Tiber would have very few crewmen until Cyrax could replenish his numbers when they joined up with the rest of his fleet. This was one of the few functioning docking bays on the Tiber and Trip and his six Jedi Knights were in a perfect position to spring their trap when Cyrax and Nyeb arrived.

From the control room the Jedi watched as the light freighter carrying the Lords of the Sith had entered the docking bay. Eight troopers were led by the Twi’lek Admiral that Trip was told had betrayed the Empire. The troopers made two lines in front of the freighter’s loading ramp and waited for it to descend. When it did, two figures wearing black hooded robes descended and joined the Twi’lek. Trip motioned to his Jedi Knights and all seven of them came out of the control room and Trip filled the Force with contempt. Cyrax was the first to turn his head and notice the seven Jedi staring at them. Wam’kodo motioned to his troopers to start firing until Cyrax raised his hand and said “We will handle this.”

Cyrax stood in front of the Jedi Knights and Lorn took his lightsabre off his belt and ignited the red blade. All seven Jedi ignited their lightsabres with a simultaneous snap hisses.

“Please,” Cyrax said. “Let us not start another needless battle.”
    “Oh we definitely have to do this Cyrax.” Trip replied. “We will stop you here so no more lives will be lost.”
    “This war was inevitable Jedi. I will no longer stand by and watch Force users be persecuted by this regime. You shouldn’t be standing against me, you should standing with me.”
    “We reject the Dark Side Cyrax. We’re not as weak as your apprentice.” Trip said while looking directly at Lorn. “You’ll pay for what you did to Vikka in the past.”
    “That doesn’t sound like the Jedi path.” Cyrax said.
    “I’m not confused; I’m just tired of seeing the woman I love be haunted by a past that is affecting her future.”
    “This is not about the two factions of Jedi and Sith, this about the survival of our species. We must take our gifts and take our rightful place in the galaxy. We can be the best of both sides of the Force and bring a true balance.”
    “I’ve studied every Sith that claimed they could achieve balance. None of them could do it. What makes you think you have done it? Everything points to the contrary. You are a tyrant and a warmonger.”
    “I am a liberator Jedi. When I take Coruscant the first thing I will do is free every captured Force user that was convicted under the Jedi-Imperial Act.”
    “We have been told that you intend to sack Coruscant and become Emperor.” A human Jedi said from behind Trip.
    “Yes my brother,” Cyrax said in a more civil tone. “I intend to make us the dominate species and all others will follow us. Not bow to us, but follow us.”
    “What makes you fit to rule?” The Jedi countered. “I have the strength to undertake this revolution, unlike your Grand Master who has sullied our name and given in to this prejudice. I will lead us and advance the cause of the Force sensitive being. We will all be free. Join me and together we will bring the Force back into balance and we will free our brothers and sisters so that they may join us.”
    “What about those that don’t join you?” A female Devaronian Jedi asked.
    “They will die. There is no room for doubt as our cause will require the utmost dedication from everyone involved. I have the ships, the men, the technology and numerous senators that will legitimize us in the Senate. It is a just cause.” Cyrax said with great conviction.

To Trip’s dread four of the Jedi Knights behind him walked across the imaginary line between he and Cyrax and suddenly his Jedi strike team was outnumber six to three. “What are you doing?” Trip asked. “You can’t believe he wants peace and justice for us. He wants to destroy the Jedi Order and take over the whole galaxy!”
    “I never agreed with the Jedi-Imperial Act Master Vrand.” A human Jedi replied. “Cyrax is right. No one should be persecuted and the Jedi thinking is flawed in this regard. Master Joy is too willing to give into the Empire’s demands.”
    “The fate of billions of lives is at stake Master Vrand.” The Devaronian added. “Maybe we can ease in the transition.”
    “I can’t believe you’re all buying into this. Cyrax killed Master Sella Jenner and attacked you all with his droids just yesterday!” Trip pleaded.
    “Join us Trip. I think Vikka would understand and help us.” Lorn finally said. “We can make the galaxy our own.”
    “Vikka would never agree to this Master Nyeb. She’d fight you on this and you know it. Besides, you worked for the Emperor directly.”
    “I’ve seen the error of my ways. Cyrax has the right of it. I won’t be on the wrong side again.”
    “Join us.” Cyrax said with conviction. “The Sith will not rule the galaxy, those that feel the Force will lead the galaxy.”
    “What’s the difference Cyrax? We’re exchanging a peace that has lasted almost three centuries for a new war.”
    “A peace built on lies. The Force gave us the power and the promise of ruling and now we can regain that glory.” Cyrax said with a raised fist. “I was a Jedi long ago Knight Vrand. I was duped into their message of peace and it wasn’t until later that I understood that the Jedi were weak and being too compliant just to avoid conflict. Only through conflict can your forge peace.”
    “It’s not that I don’t understand your stance Lord Cyrax, but you would destroy millions of lives for your own dreams.” Trip admitted. “I can’t condone it.”
    “If you will not join us I will give you one opportunity to leave us with your life. Go back to Coruscant and tell them, tell Master Joy what I said. The Jedi Order can join us or they can be destroyed by us. Others will come to our cause and you know it.”

Trip hated the idea of leaving but knew that he had no choice. He was outnumbered and began doubting his own thoughts. Revenge had consumed him and he could not respond to the oratory that Cyrax had used to manipulate his Jedi companions. Trip deactivated his lightsabre and put it back on his belt. He turned half expecting Lorn Nyeb to stab him in the back but he was allowed to leave. Only one Jedi Knight left with Trip and the strike team was down to two. Five Jedi Knights had left the Order for Cyrax’s new Order. Suddenly Trip was relieved that he made it out alive and he could not get on Vikka’s ship fast enough. He started the launch sequence and took off for Coruscant. He looked back at the fires on Fondor’s surface that could be seen from orbit. The fires were a foreshadowing of what was to occur on Coruscant and it was a precursor that the war was coming and suddenly Trip knew for certain which side he was on.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a tense situation for the Jedi

11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank You for the likes and the comment earlybird-obi-wan

I'll have something up today.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    great work Furio :D

who knew you were quite the writer, huh? :p :D

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Nyota's Heart
    The_Zeltron
    AzureAngel2
    Ewok Poet
    Dandelo

Thank you all for reading, comments, likes. ^:)^

Orbital Battle Station “The Shield,” Coruscant

Taric Raywood landed his craft and exited the ship with swift strides towards the turbo lifts. He was escorted by two CSF agents on their way to the administration level of the orbital battle station that residents had nicknamed “The Shield.” Another station was named “The Sword” because it had more exterior weapons than the other two battle stations and the third was named “The Barn,” as it housed the hanger bays for the Imperial Navy’s fighter squadrons. Each station was positioned at various points around Coruscant giving the planet a formidable defence. With centuries of galactic peace, the Senate thought the best way to spend military funds would be through planetary battle stations and less on star destroyers because they symbolized ‘imperialism’ and ‘expansion.’ Military spending was cut significantly during these peaceful times because until the attack on Fondor there was no need.

Two standard days ago Taric had received word that Fondor’s capital city and its orbital docks and shipyards had been decimated by the commandeered Tiber. Details of the attack were still coming and they all pointed to Admiral Wam’kodo’s betrayal against the Empire. From the vids Taric had seen there was no warning and the planet was helpless to defend itself. It was a well orchestrated attack and Taric had tried to contact the Tiber but no one had responded. There was also a report of three other vessels defecting with the Tiber and the four stolen vessels joining a fleet of mercenary and droid ships. Taric could feel that something terrible was happening and he could only assume that this was an invasion fleet. His last conversation with the Senate Security Council ended in them calling for the Fifth and Ninth Fleets to return to Coruscant and help repel the suspected oncoming invasion.

Before Taric had decided to take up a command post on the ‘Shield’ he had spoken to the Jedi Grand Master. She was already aware that something sinister was coming as Master Joy broke the news to him that Master Brun Sarro had been slain by a Sith Lord. To make matters worse, the Sith that had killed the Jedi Master was not Cyrax, it was another Sith altogether. Taric’s information had still pointed to Cyrax leading the impending invasion attempt as his informants had learned that Targo’s mercenary fleet had left Nar Shaddaa. This was the obvious answer as to which fleet had attacked Fondor and the confirmation that Admiral Kenza Wam’kodo hijacked the Tiber for the Sith.

Taric was devastated by Wam’kodo’s defection to Cyrax’s cause as he and the Twi’lek had come through the academy together as young men. Taric knew that Wam’kodo’s sister was taken from her home and eventually killed while in Imperial custody by a criminal trying to escape the compound. Jeila Wam’kodo refused to join the Jedi Order and exhibited ‘dark tendencies’ with her abilities and she was brought before the CSF for questioning. After her death her brother became introverted, quiet, and determined to find answers. After their time at the academy Taric and Kenza had gone their respective ways and the next time they met was at a military function. Wam’kodo had changed and Taric knew it was not for the better. Kenza’s temper was short and his compassion for life during his missions had diminished significantly. Now Wam’kodo had betrayed the Empire and the oath he made to protect it. He was bringing war to the galaxy as his vengeance.

“Sir” a technician called out to Taric. “We have a distress signal from the Fifth Fleet at Bothawui.”
    Taric was not surprised by the next phase of Wam’kodo’s plan. Surprising the Fifth was a logical step to main event. “What is their status?” Taric replied.
    “They’ve sustained heavy losses and the remaining ships that were space worthy fled and are coming here for repairs.”
    “I don’t think they’ll have time for repairs. Contact Admiral Golan and advise him of what’s happened. Have him bring the Ninth here as soon as possible. We don’t have much time.” Taric admitted. “I’ll be in conference room to update the Security Council.

Taric left the bridge and entered the station’s conference room. Before he opened the comm Taric took a deep breath and wondered how he had allowed this situation to happen. The CSF was aware of Targo’s build up of ships but they had information that the crime lord was going to attempt to take control of Hutt space. Taric could only assume that the Sith must have fed misinformation into the Imperial network to redirect the CSF’s attention. The hijacking of the Tiber was a calculated effort that must have been planned for years. It was another plan that had eluded the notice of Taric and the CSF. Coruscant was going to come under fire and Taric felt that it was his fault.

After punching in the conference code into the comm station on the main table of the room, Taric made contact with his Imperial liaison. He was surprised with the news that the Emperor himself would join their call with the representatives from the Senate Security Council and the Jedi Grand Master. They were all looking for Taric’s update and assessment of the situation. The key figures would soon make contact and so Taric stood in the middle of the room so all the images would see him.

Taric had met Emperor Soveran Vox only a few times and knew little about the Falleen. All he knew was that Vox was apart of the line of Emperors and he very rarely made public appearances. His commands came via a spokesperson and he did not attend the Senate in person for security reasons. The fact that he was making an appearance here spoke to the gravity of the situation. It was only known to a select few beings what his temperament was like and they were all sworn to secrecy. Grand Master Joy was one of the few that knew him well. It was gathered he was either an agreeable being or he was intimidating enough that even the Jedi Grand Master fell into line.

When the images all appeared Taric began. “Let me be frank” he started to say with as much conviction he could put into his voice. “The Sith are coming for Coruscant. Two standard days ago at the Fondorian shipyards, the Super Star Destroyer Tiber was hijacked along with three other capital ships.”
    “That is disappointing Commander.” A Muun councillor said “How is possible that four of our warships can be commandeered so easily?”
    “From what I understand the crews on all four ships had traitors planted within them.” Taric answered.
    “A grand scheme. Please proceed.” The Muun said while motioning Taric to continue.
    “All four vessels then proceeded to attack the shipyards and a well placed ground team disabled the planetary shields compound which led to the easy bombardment of the planet. Oridin City was decimated and the casualties are still being counted.”
    “How was the Tiber left so venerable?” A Twi’lek councillor asked “I still can’t believe this.”
    “Yes, what of her crew and Admiral Wam’kodo?” Yet another councillor added.
    Taric paused for a moment. “Admiral Wam’kodo has defected. All of our intelligence and infiltrated comm communications between the Tiber and Fondor’s surface points that the Admiral has joined Cyrax. “
    “What of the Jedi, what do you have to say?” The Emperor said while looking over at Master Joy’s image. “His escape from the Jedi Temple is what started this chaos.”
    “Cyrax is a Dark Lord of the Sith and a fallen Jedi.” Master Joy began in her usual calm tone. “He would have easily escaped Imperial custody. Also, Cyrax’s escape almost cost us one of our masters. We have followed his movements to the best of our ability and I have kept Commander Raywood updated of our findings.”
    “What findings are those?” The Emperor asked.
    “Cyrax has a new apprentice, his name is Lorn Nyeb. Nyeb was stationed at our training facility on Dantooine and had gone rogue. He resurfaced on Dathomir during their leadership struggles and then disappeared once again after we thwarted his plans.” Joy paused knowing what she had to say next. “Nyeb and Cyrax both appeared on Nar Shaddaa along with a new threat, a powerful Force user who calls himself Darth Nephros.”
    Taric saw that Master Joy’s pause was too long and he said “Master Brun Sarro took a Jedi Strike team to Nar Shaddaa to reinforce Master Baron who was already tracking Cyrax and Nyeb. They encountered the Sith Lord Nephros who engaged and killed Master Sarro. Master Baron was also injured along with Knight Gratua.”
    “I’m sorry Joy, I meant to get in touch with you when I had heard.” The Emperor said with sympathy. “Matters are far worse then.”
    “Thank You.” Joy replied while not showing any emotion to the group.
    “There’s more my lord.” Taric intervened. “The Fifth was decimated a few standard hours ago.“ Taric let that announcement hang in the air before the Muun councillor finally commented “This is a catastrophe! There is nothing between Coruscant and Cyrax’s onslaught.”
    “The remnants of the Fifth, along with the Ninth fleet, are on their way back to Coruscant.” Taric countered. “We also have our orbital battle stations around the planet that I have personally taken control of.”
    “Perhaps we can negotiate?” The Twi’lek councillor asked.
    The Emperor formed a small smile across his face. “I think there will be no diplomacy. Cyrax will ask for a full surrender of the planet. I will not negotiate with a warmonger. We will fight until we cannot.”
    Joy now gave the last notice. “We fear that Cyrax may also have control of a biological weapon on the planet already and it is ready for dispersion.”

No one said anything now until the Emperor stood from his chair. The camera followed his movements as he was in quiet thought and then he spoke. “The odds seem overwhelming and I can sense your fear. We will fight this battle with ferocity and passion. We will win this battle because our way of life has endured for centuries and we will win the fight to preserve it.”
    “The Jedi are behind you my Lord.” Joy said calmly as she also rose from her seat.
    “The Navy and the CSF are behind you as well my lord. I will direct operations in space.” Taric also said with pride.
    “Very well then, the Jedi under Master Joy will coordinate with the CSF on the planet’s surface while Admiral Raywood will head the Navy in space.”
    Taric was shocked by the promotion. “My lord, an admiral?”
    “Don’t let us down admiral.” The Emperor said to Taric. He then addressed the group. “Imperial Centre will be closed and fortified as per our emergency protocol and the senate will be closed after I address it in one standard hour. Establish a curfew and have all citizens go home and off the streets and out of the sky lanes. All crucial services will be closed to the public and under CSF control.”
    “When will they come?” A councillor asked.
    “Let them come.” The Emperor replied.

Grand Convocation Chamber - Galactic Senate - Coruscant

Rumors had engulfed the senate that the Emperor would attend today’s senate meeting and address the galaxy. Every seat was filled which also spoke to the anticipation of the upcoming meeting. Since the holo-net had showed images of the attack on Oridin City, citizens of every system in the Empire had begun flooding media outlets everywhere with concerns about the event. Local government officials claimed terrorists were involved as very few knew the Sith had returned. The extent of public knowledge was that four Star Destroyers had been stolen and Empire was close to apprehending the thieves. Thankfully information of Cyrax’s fleet had not made the news.

Two senators, one from Ryloth and the other from Muunilinst had just come from a meeting of the Empire’s Security Council with the Emperor, the Jedi Grand Master and a CSF admiral. Their next step would be to spread words of encouragement that the Empire was in good hands and that everything that could be done was being done. Instead these two individuals made the exact same call when they returned to their respective embassies, they both contacted Cyrax. They were both examples of just how long the Sith Lord’s reach had gone and they were only two of the many that started the whispers that Cyrax becoming emperor would be a good thing. They and their interests of course stood to make credits and garner influence in Cyrax’s new galactic order.

Now that all of the senate members had arrived the session could begin. The middle podium rose from the ground and Emperor Soveran Vox walked up to his post with his attachés in tow. When the podium reached its final position Vox’s Chiss assistant raised up her arms to quiet the crowd. The Chiss’ name was Hessa and she was one of the most feared power brokers in the galaxy and part of a political legacy that had served the line of Emperors for generations. She made the hard decisions that Vox did not need to know about. Vox deferred to her judgement and respected her methods to maintain his peace and those methods were usually unconventional. For example she recognized and hired a rogue Jedi Knight that wanted to serve the galaxy outside of the Jedi’s rules and limitations. That Knight was Lorn Nyeb.

Lorn Nyeb thought he was always speaking to the Emperor as Hessa would use holo-images and disguises when she spoke to him. It made the importance of her missions for him much more urgent and appealing. When Nyeb betrayed the empire and tried to recruit an army from Dathomir he was replaced by his apprentice Vikka Gratua. Vikka completed her mission but her devotion to the Jedi was too entrenched and Hessa had lost yet another asset. After Nyeb and Gratua, Hessa’s only influence was political, but that influence was still considerable. Hessa had not heard about the threat against the Empire as the mercenary guilds were most likely held silent. The Sith Lord Cyrax had done his research well and was powerful enough to take the Empire’s best ships and outsmart her and the Jedi. She felt that perhaps she needed to meet with this Sith Lord.

When the assembly had finally quieted down the Emperor spoke. “Senators, welcome to this emergency meeting. The Empire is under attack and we are already in the process of fortifying Coruscant. The attack on Fondor was the first strike against us and it was very costly. Four capital ships including the Super Star Destroyer Tiber were stolen from us and are now a part of the enemy fleet.” Vox waited for the rom to digest that information before he continued. “Admiral Wam’kodo has also defected to the enemy and was instrumental in handing those ships over. The enemy against us is a Dark Lord of the Sith and his apprentice.”

The audience began speaking at a high volume amongst themselves and Vox waited for them to settle down. When that did not happen Hessa began to rise but not before the senator from Ryloth stood up and spoke out. “This is an obvious failure by this administration and its foolish trust in the Jedi Order. How can three Sith suddenly come from nowhere and threaten our way of life without it being known by our intelligence communities? Please tell us!”

“Amazing how you’ve brought this up now senator and not during our Security Council meeting.” Vox said obviously annoyed. “Please allow me to finish and then we may open this up for your concerns. As I was saying, this Sith Lord named Cyrax and his apprentice Lorn Nyeb have amassed a fleet with the aid of Targo the Hutt. Targo has since been assassinated by yet another Sith. The Jedi then attempted to take all three of them but could not. During that battle the Jedi Master Brun Sarro was killed.”

More talking erupted and this time numerous senators were shouting their opinions and fears. Vox stayed silent for a few moments and before he could start speaking again the Muun senator spoke out. “Three Sith Lords is incomprehensible. We have had almost three centuries of peace and suddenly war has broken out under our collective noses. Are these Sith true Sith, or do they want to negotiate? We must be open to all our options to avoid an all-out war.”

“The Empire will not negotiate with anyone that threatens our citizens. Let us not forget Fondor and the millions of casualties in Oridin City.” Vox replied with bitterness in his voice. “I will not leave that crime unpunished.”
    “You’d lead to us to war and kill millions more rather than seek out terms?” The Muun asked.
    “What terms are you expecting to get from a Sith?” Vox countered. “We will fight back and we will win our freedom. The galaxy will see that Coruscant fights for them.”

Vox finished his speech to a substantial applause but not enough that he felt that he had taken over the crowd. The senators that spoke up raised noteworthy concerns but their true motivation seemed to be that they wanted to create unrest. The podium lowered to the ground and Vox vanished beneath. He turned to Hessa and said, “Find out what those two are doing and see if the Sith has already bought and paid for political clout.”
    “Yes your excellency.” Hessa replied. “Other solutions could be available to you if you wish to silence them.”
    “No Hessa.” Vox answered while taking off his ceremonial robes. “The time for that kind of politicking is over. We need information.”
    “From what I gathered your eminence, the Sith has a stranglehold on the criminal underworld and they are vouching for him.” Hessa said almost apologetically.
    “What happened to your intelligence?” The Emperor raised his voice. “You’ve uncovered the smallest conspiracies and this gets past you?”
    “My family has watched out for your family for decades. Be careful how you speak to me.” Hessa warned. “We aided your family in becoming the front runners for the Empire.”
    The Emperor turned and looked over Hessa and suddenly the Chiss woman was floating a foot into the air. She grabbed at her neck but there was nothing to grab. “You will never speak to me like that again Hessa. Remember your place.”

Hessa fell to the ground and barely acknowledged the Falleen but she did nod her head. Vox picked Hessa up from the shoulders and stood her up. He looked down at her red eyes without speaking a word but Vox was saying a great deal. The Chiss woman knew it and again nodded at him. She walked out of the room and was not sure whether to be more surprised that he struck her or the manner in which he had done so. Vox had never used the Force, moreover the Dark Side. She never suspected that he was a Force user. Hessa began to run with the thought that perhaps the Sith had already come into power without anyone, including her own family knowing. She reviewed Vox’s behaviour in her thoughts and could not remember him doing anything that would constitute him as a Sith Lord. Hessa had begun to believe that perhaps she was not as clever as she thought if her own Emperor was a Force user and three Dark Side users had appeared with one having amassed a fleet without her knowing about it. These were dark days indeed.

AzureAngel2 and The_Zeltron like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Whew the scene with Hessa & the strategizing in the first scene. I like Taric & feel he is going to put in 100% in making sure things don't unravel any further. Don't trust the Emperor much though. Falleens are slippery sorts :p

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the new developments with Taric

16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you for the comments. Not sure when I'll get the next chapter up. DRL is whopping me and never mind the fact that I'm having some serious writers block. :(

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I know all about a serious writer´s block! [:D]

Anyway, sorry for missing 4 updates in a row. [face_blush] RL kept me so utterly busy the past weeks.

What I like most about your story is the balance between fight scenes & political issues going on in the background. Plus the Force philosophy of the light side & the dark side! I wonder how all your characters will develop/ evolve further on.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart
    Chyntuck
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Ewok Poet

This is a shorter entry and this part is something akin to Jacen/Caedus Flow Walking, and using the Force bonds angle from KOTOR. Thanks again for the comments and likes. ^:)^

Chapter 17 Part 1: Jedi Temple – Medical Centre – Coruscant 400 ABY

Vikka Gratua’s healing body may have been sleeping but her powerful connection to the Force was running rampant. Thoughts of Trip, Lorn Nyeb and the Sith Lord, Nephros were dominating her mind. Even in an unconscious state Vikka’s mind was aware and somehow she found herself standing in a blank white space. She knew that she wasn’t conscious and that the Force must have been dictating this out of body experience. The blank white space became her burning village on Mandalore. The heat from the fires felt real as she walked to her family’s home. Looking inside she found a young version of herself crying between her parents and once again she felt the same pain she had that day. Quickly the scene changed before her eyes and Vikka was taken to when Lorn Nyeb was training her Dantooine. Nyeb was an unforgiving taskmaster, who did not tolerate her mistakes, and Vikka was reminded of it by witnessing the beatings he gave her again. She was taken to the Twi’lek child that she had killed, the falling Togruta Padawan, the senator she assassinated, and finally her duel with Nephros.

From afar, all Vikka could see was the Sith’s red blade and her own green lightsabre smashing against each other. She watched as she stabbed him with her shiv, and finally when Nephros kicked and choked her with the Force. Vikka took note of the Sith’s eyes softening while he watched her fall to the ground. She knew that was the moment the mental images had come to her and Vikka had realized just then that the Sith had seen something as well. Vikka wondered about their connection and what that meant. Why had the Force allowed Vikka to see visions of his past and was Nephros granted the ability to see hers? The thought of the Sith knowing such intimate details made her feel strange. Vikka wasn’t repulsed but curious.

Darkness fell across Vikka’s vision and she turned her head too see what had interrupted her thoughts. She was not surprised to see Darth Nephros standing not far from her. His massive frame was covered by a tattered black hooded robe. Vikka could not see his dark side infused crimson eyes, like she had during their battle. Vikka sensed how powerful the Dark Side was within him, as she cautiously moved closer to the Sith. She did not sense any imminent attack, and so Vikka believed that the Force brought him there just as it had brought her. Vikka envisioned that Nephros had seen his own memories before arriving here with her. Whatever was happening she believed in it, she had faith that the Force was putting them together in a moment that transcended time, space, and the physical plain of existence. They were somehow bound by the Force.

Darth Nephros felt the Jedi woman approaching him, and he realized that this encounter in the currents of the Force was fate. During their duel they exchanged the pain of their pasts, and now the Force was bringing them together again. She was strong, and even though her strength in the Force was only just under the Jedi Master he had faced, her will and determination made up for it tenfold. There was something larger bringing them together. Nephros did not like the idea of this kind of interference in his life. The distraction by this Jedi was delaying his revenge on her order and on the false Sith. In regards to the Jedi before him, it was more curiosity than anything else that was driving him to speak to her.

After their last encounter Nephros had left from Nar Shaddaa and went back to Corellia to mend his body. The battle with the pretenders Cyrax and Nyeb, along with the Jedi Masters had taken a toll on him. All his injuries, but the wound in his thigh, where the Jedi woman had stabbed him with a shiv, had healed through healing trances, and applied kolto and bacta salves. Nephros had recovered enough to start lightsabre sparring with battle droids but he felt his speed was still lacking.

This meeting with the Jedi in the Force was occurring during a healing trance, and Nephros was not surprised by what was happening. In the Force he could sense that the Jedi was confused, and just as curious as he was. She approached him cautiously, and he could see that she was searching his feelings to see if he would attack her. “There’s no point in attacking you Jedi, I can’t hurt you here. You may approach.” Nephros said.

“Forgive me if I don’t believe you. You’ve already spilled Jedi blood.” Vikka replied.
    “More than Jedi blood, much more.” Nephros said quietly. “Your masters should have known that they could not defeat the power of the Dark Side.”
    “I can sense that you’ve had a difficult recovery yourself, Sith.” Vikka said mockingly “Master Baron is fine and I’m sure you’ll be meeting with him again.”
    “When he does seek me out I’ll defeat him again.” Nephros said as he came closer to Vikka. “I will destroy all of you, and then I’ll even do the galaxy a service by ridding it of those false Sith.”
    “They’ve built a Navy, an army of droids, and they have each other. What do you have?” Vikka said eagerly awaiting his answer.
    “I have the power.” Nephros said as he exposed his blood red eyes. “I have the gift and torment of the Dark Side. While they fumble with balance, I wield great power.”
    “Delusions of grandeur won’t defeat a battalion of troops and a fleet of Star Destroyers. The Jedi will prevail Sith, we always have.”
    “You must feel it in the Force; the Dark Side is eclipsing everything. The Force now seeks its own balance. After I have achieved my vengeance I will be alone, the only Force user. No empires, no revolutions, only domination.”
    “What is the point of that?” Vikka asked. “There will always be another.”
    “There will be no one left to train them Jedi.” Nephros replied quickly.
    “The Force always finds a way.” Vikka said just as fast. “You’re empire will last just as long as Cyrax’s. In other words, it won’t.”
    “I don’t want an empire.” Nephros answered with anger in his voice. “I simply want to end you all, and fill this hole in my soul with the one thing that ever made any sense to me.”

Vikka recognized he was talking about Arianna Dern. She asked herself if he was trying to reach out to her. “Vikka,” she offered. “My name is Vikka.”
    Nephros stayed silent for a few seconds before asking in a much lower tone. “What do you want Vikka?”
    “You seem to know something about what is happening between us.”
    “Your thoughts tell me you already understand this in some ways.” Nephros replied.
    “I have a similar bond with my partner.” Vikka admitted. “He and I have been through much together. I thought that many emotionally charged experiences led to Force bonds. You and I have only fought once so it’s strange that we are connected like this.”
    “Your connection with him has never resulted in this type of communication before, has it?” The Sith guessed. “This is different.”
    “It is different, much more different. We’ve never communicated like this. Can you explain it; do you know why this is happening?”
    “I don’t know why the Force has allowed us to see each other’s pasts. I can only assume you tried and succeeded in looking into my mind, just as I looked into yours when we fought. That is how I understand these Force bonds start. It’s of little consequence though, I will destroy all of you.”
    Vikka was disappointed by the ending of his response. She thought she was reaching him, but to what end, she did not know. “I don’t think so.” Vikka replied in dark tone. “You can’t take on the whole Jedi Order.”
    “Before my time comes, I will have my revenge.” Nephros said softly.
    “I don’t think Arianna would condone it.” Vikka said instantly regretting that she said his lost love’s name.

Nephros became enraged and wanted to lash out but it was impossible in this realm. So he merely looked at Vikka with contempt and hatred. “The Jedi failed her, Cor-Sec failed her, and worst of all I failed her. I am going to correct that mistake the only way I know how, by destroying everything.”
    “You can’t give the past the power to define your future.” Vikka then paused. “Believe me I know, I’ve recently started practicing that myself.”
    “I felt the taint within your heart Jedi. It is a great asset and you have never used it properly.”
    “Let me guess, you want to show me how?” Vikka said almost afraid of where this line of discussion would go.
    “Lorn Nyeb made you scratch the surface of it.” Nephros said confidently. “I feel like you already know how. You simply won’t acknowledge it Vikka.”
    “Because it leads nowhere Marcus. You should know that more than anyone. You simply won’t acknowledge it.” Vikka replied with his own logic.
    “Perhaps you’re right. One day Vikka you’ll be in that moment where your anger and hate will want to boil over and take control. In that moment you’ll be surprised what it will help you do.”
    Vikka remained quiet for a moment before saying. “I hope I do the right thing.”
    “Sometimes the right thing isn’t always clear.” He replied moving closer to her.
    “Then I hope to do the decent thing.”

Nephros looked into Vikka’s green eyes and he saw that she meant what she was saying. She was being genuine with him. He did not know why, and for a moment part of him wanted to know, and he wanted to believe her. Nephros then realized she was using tactics and lies to derail his plans, she had not meant what she had said. She could not have. Vikka knew he could not be stopped, and she was trying these mind games to stop him. Nephros gave Vikka another look of disdain and said, “I won’t fall victim to Jedi tricks and foolishness. Tell your masters I am on Corellia. Tell them to seek me out or I will find them and destroy each of them one by one.”

Nephros broke the communication, and suddenly awoke in the middle of his meditation room. His head started to pulsate, and his boiled as he recalled Vikka’s words about Arianna. Since her death, Nephros understood Arianna would have never accepted him killing in her name but his grief was such that he had lost the connection to whatever good was within him. Nephros had convinced himself that it was Arianna that kept the Dark Side within him at bay, and with her loss; there was no stopping it ever again, until now. Vikka had awoken a sliver of doubt in his mind, and this had made Nephros furious with her, and with himself. Could he ever really be at peace, and could he ever really forgive and forget, or even move on?

Before the Sith Lord could speculate further the Force rang within him. There was a presence approaching and Nephros quickly called his lightsabre from a nearby table to his hand. With Force enhanced speed he rammed his body through the wall of his room and into the hall of his apartment. Standing before him was a shocked Lorn Nyeb. Darth Nephros roared with anger, and he blasted the intruder with a storm of Force lightning. Before Nyeb could react he was quickly overcome by the barrage. Nephros started to smell the familiar charring of clothing, and he knew the smell of Nyeb’s flesh burning was coming next.

The Dark Lord of the Sith ripped into Nyeb’s mind with the Force, and started to pull images from his memories. Nephros saw a massive Star Destroyer, a fleet of ships, Cyrax standing against Jedi, and finally some of those same Jedi standing behind Cyrax and Nyeb in support. It came to him that Cyrax’s plans had progressed just as Vikka had told him. The pretender had indeed become powerful, and now he had the ships, and warriors to back him up. Nephros needed to play a new game to get close to the pretender. The Sith Lord let up his Force Lightning attack, and watched as Nyeb struggled on the floor. He walked up to the fool, and kicked him in the head forcing the darkness to take him.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow dARTh Furio - whew!. Vikka was bold and right on with all she said. It's a tragic thing that Nephros believes he is past recall. No one can convince him otherwise. :( It's not about Arianna anymore, if it ever was. [face_thinking]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nephros is truly dark and destructive.

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you for the comments and likes folks. I'll try to get something up next week. :D

Nyota's Heart That's a great point. I'd like to think that there is so much that has happened to him in the past, that Arianna's death was the trigger but at the same time the thing that hurt him most.

earlybird-obi-wan Yes he is. He's not a stabilizing force. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Vikka Gratua’s healing body may have been sleeping but her powerful connection to the Force was running rampant. Thoughts of Trip, Lorn Nyeb and the Sith Lord, Nephros were dominating her mind. Even in an unconscious state Vikka’s mind was aware and somehow she found herself standing in a blank white space. She knew that she wasn’t conscious and that the Force must have been dictating this out of body experience. The blank white space became her burning village on Mandalore.

Your update send shivers up and down my spine the entire time. I almost could feel the horrors & dangers of the dark side (= including mind games) while reading this! Well done! ^:)^

Darth_Furio and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thank you Azure.

I'll have an update this week for sure. :D

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Nyota's Heart
    The_Zeltron
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    Chyntuck
    Ewok Poet

Thank You for reading everyone. :)

Chapter 17 Part 2: Jedi Temple Medical Centre

“Vikka?” A voice came from the distance. “Vikka? Please Vikka, wake up.”
    Vikka jumped up and yelled “Wait Marcus, no!”

In the blink of an eye the Sith was gone. Vikka looked around for Nephros until she realized she was in the Jedi Temple medical centre. Trip came into her field of vision with a concerned face and he gave her a glass of water. She gulped it down quickly and spun her legs over the side of the bed. Vikka began to normalize her breathing as she became aware that she had called out for Nephros by his given name. She could only guess what Trip may have been thinking at that point.

“Vikka, talk to me. Are you all right?” Trip asked as he sat beside her on the bed.
    “I’m fine, I’m just tired.” Vikka said not knowing exactly what to say. “I had a nightmare.”
    “About the Sith?” Trip asked eagerly.
    “Yes, I was seeing Master Sarro again.”
    “Why did you call out for Marcus? Why use his previous identity?”
    “I don’t know Trip, it was a dream.” Vikka lied.

Trip examined her face for a few seconds but did not say what he was thinking. With Vikka he did not have to, she could already see that he was sceptical of her answers. “Your medical scans show your injuries are fully healed. How do you feel?”
    “I’m better now.” Vikka said as she got to her feet and gave Trip a hug and a kiss.

Trip wasted little time in returning the embrace. He loved her and after seeing her at the monster’s mercy and then being spared by him, Trip was even more concerned. He looked her over and held her in his hands for one last embrace and kiss before pulling her back.

“Things are more complicated now Vikka. Cyrax and Nyeb have amassed a navy, stolen a Super Star Destroyer, and other capital ships. Jedi Knights have also left the Order to join his cause.”
    “I can’t believe it.” Vikka closed her eyes for a moment. “He was right Trip.”
    “Who was?” Trip asked.
    “Nephros” Vikka answered. “He told me the Dark Side would eclipse everything. Losing Jedi to Cyrax is a part of it.”
    “It doesn’t matter now” said Trip. “They’ve made their choice and now we have to stand together to fight back. The attack is coming soon.”
    “What are we doing about it?” Vikka asked.
    “Well, there’s a Council meeting,” Trip said with a wry smile. “Want to find out?”
    “Absolutely” Vikka answered.

Master Joy sat with Darius Baron and the recently recalled Bail Exas. They were all that remained of the Jedi High Council. Brun Sarro and Sella Jenner’s seats remained empty and with the new and sudden Sith threat, the Jedi Masters now needed to direct the ground defences of Coruscant with the few remaining Jedi Knights. Master Joy was fully aware of the odds against them and during this calm before the storm, she needed to take stock of the situation. Her husband would be sorely missed now more than ever as Master Sarro would have certainly taken the assignment of assisting CSF on the ground. Master Baron was still recovering from his battle with the Sith and Master Exas was now being forced back into action. Yet, both men were ready to do whatever was asked of them.

“Master Joy,” Exas began. “The Emperor seems confident, too confident almost.”
    “He can’t show weakness now Bail. He must show the senate everything is under control.” Joy replied.
    “Master Joy is right.” Darius agreed. “They would turn on him in moments if he showed any kind of weakness now. Those loyal to Cyrax would expose it to their master’s advantage.”
    Master Exas thought for a moment. “You believe Cyrax has senators that are supporting him?” Exas asked.
    “More than that Master Bail, I believe they’ll try to turn power over to him the moment it looks like we are losing the upcoming battle. They’ll force a vote and sway it towards the Sith.” Darius informed him. “When I was Cyrax’s apprentice, his network was only budding but it was substantial. Now we must assume he has enough pieces in place to make his coup a reality.
    “It all points to us holding Coruscant.” Joy summed up. “He decimated Fondor to show us what he is capable of, and if Cyrax is successful in taking Coruscant, that would make most of the galaxy fall in line without a government centrepiece.”
    “What of Knight Vrand?” Exas asked of his former Padawan.
    “He has returned to Coruscant with only one member of his strike team.” Joy said while folding her hands into her lap. “The others have joined Cyrax’s cause.”
    “That’s incredible.” Exas said while shaking his head. “How many Knights do we have?” He asked.
    “Another forty here on Coruscant and another hundred more throughout the galaxy. I have instructed many of them to return here.” Joy answered. “I have also learned that some Knights have refused to report and they will be joining Cyrax’s forces.”
    “What is the plan Master?” Darius asked bluntly.
    “I have come to the conclusion that Master Exas and another trusted Knight will take the younglings and young Padawans to our academy on Dantooine, and if Coruscant should fall…”
    “But…” Exas tried to interrupt.
    “If Coruscant should fall,” Joy continued in a sterner tone. “You will take them to our hidden temple location to wait out the war, and keep the Order alive as per our emergency protocols.”
    “Master, please. Let me help here.” Exas pleaded.
    “You will be helping Bail.” Joy said in a more pleasant voice. You will be the next Grand Master should I fall. You will make sure our light is not extinguished from the galaxy.”
    “Yes Master” Exas finally conceded. “I understand.”

“What will my role be Master Joy?” Darius asked.
    “You and I will lead the Jedi on the ground here. You’ll take the strike teams against the heaviest opposition. I will lead from the CSF command centre and monitor the battle and guide you to where the virus will be dispersed.”
    “Cyrax will want to do that himself Master.” Darius warned.
    “You’ll have it.” Joy reassured him.
    “Will we be assisting the Navy in the space battle?” Master Exas asked.
    “As a matter of fact, that part of my plan has arrived.” Joy rose from her seat and looked at the chamber doors. “You two may enter now.”
    “What?” Darius and Exas asked together on cue.

Vikka and Trip almost fell over each other as they entered the Council Chamber. Both of them looking like frightened children that were about to be disciplined. Master Joy gave them both a reassuring smile and a nod of her head.

“Hello Masters” Trip began.
    “Both of you will have a large part to play in our plans so you might as well sit down and listen.” Joy insisted.
    “Are we attacking Cyrax’s flag ship?” Trip guessed.
    “As a matter fact that is exactly what you and Master Vikka will be doing.” Joy confirmed. “When Cyrax departs the Tiber you two and a CSF strike team will infiltrate the dreadnaught Star Destroyer and take it back for the empire.”
    “Do you think Nyeb will remain aboard?” Vikka asked.
    “I don’t know Vikka. I must remind you all that this is not about personal vendettas. This is about saving Coruscant.” Joy said looking at every Jedi straight in the eye.
    “It’s not a vendetta Master Joy.” Vikka replied almost insulted. “I can’t sense him in the Force anymore. It’s odd.”
    Joy paused for moment focusing on Vikka. “Remember your mission Vikka. Taking back the Tiber is crucial to Coruscant’s defence.”
    “Yes Master Joy.” Vikka answered.
    “Very well then. You all have your assignments. May the Force be with us.”

As the room emptied Master Joy called for Vikka and then turned to the window. Vikka came from behind and waited for the Grand Master to say something. The decreased sky lane traffic was surreal and eerie as Coruscant prepared for the imminent attack. Master Joy had sensed something disturbing from Vikka, and she needed to confront her Knight. Joy saw great power in her but she also saw a great vulnerability. Vikka reminded Joy of herself in many ways and the young knight was also the complete opposite in others. Vikka was powerful but her past weighed heavily upon her, and Joy felt it left Vikka vulnerable. The dark taint can never be fully erased from anyone, but Vikka brought it more to the surface than most Force sensitive beings.

“Vikka, I sense the taint of the Dark Side around you. The strange thing is that this taint isn’t coming from you. Who have you been consorting with?”

Vikka went over numerous answers in seconds until she realized just who she was talking to. “Master Joy, I don’t know how to explain this.” Vikka began to say. “You know about the Force bond I have with Trip.”
    “Yes of course.”
    “I’ve recently discovered that I also share a bond with a Sith Lord.” Vikka paused for a moment. “Darth Nephros.”
    “That’s incredible.” Joy paused as she considered the thought. “Have you been speaking with him?”
    “Yes Master.”
    “Where child, what did he say?”
    “He wants revenge. He wants revenge on everyone. Jedi and Sith alike.” Vikka answered as she moved beside Master Joy looking out the window. “I met him in what I can only describe as another plain of existence through the Force.”
    “He’s already started his undertaking.” Joy said thinking about her husband Brun and her sister. “All these Sith seem to be the same. They’re treacherous, extremely volatile, and irrational, and worst of all they believe that they can rule the galaxy.”
    “I know it seems that way, but Marcus used to be a man with love and passion in his life. Having it all stripped away, and with the awful childhood he endured, I can almost sympathize. Being accepted into anything is better than being alone.” Vikka reasoned.
    “I lost Brun and too many Jedi under my watch as Grand Master to beings like Marcus and Cyrax. I would never let my heart be so filled with that much hate. I can’t.” Joy replied.
    “I’m sorry about Master Sarro.” Vikka said quietly. “I never got to tell you. He was an incredible man and a great teacher.”
    “Yes he was. He was my love, my life. Now all I have is the Order.” Joy paused
    “Which is what Marcus has left. His mission and the Dark Side.” Vikka replied.
    “Do you pity him Vikka, care for him?” Joy asked.
    “No, I understand him. My parents were torn from me by my own people. They were left starving by the Empire when they used their own biological weapon against Mandalore. I was raised by a brutal man who lied to me, with the facade of being my protector.”
    “We all have pain Vikka.” Joy softly replied.
    “Every one of Nephros’ memories that I saw through the Force were of pain, except when he was with her.”
    “Arianna Dern.” Joy said already knowing the answer. “We must all learn not to anchor ourselves to one person, one hope. Too many have fallen to their fears, their pride, their prejudices, and then finally to their hate.”
    “I think he can be turned.” Vikka said as she watched Master Joy turn to her. “Just like the Jedi Order did with Master Baron.”
    “Darius Baron never committed the atrocities that Nephros has.” Master Joy said with conviction to Vikka’s surprise. “Nephros was forged in the darkest places of the galaxy Vikka.”
    “I don’t understand Master.”
    “He killed my sister on Korriban. She was his Sith Master and then he betrayed her, murdered her, and her whole academy on Dromund Kaas. Dozens of Force sensitives.”
    “I never knew that.” Vikka said suddenly feeling foolish for thinking she could turn Nephros. “I thought I sensed it. I thought I could bring him back.”
    “The Dark Side clouds everything.” Joy said shaking her head. “I’m worried for you Vikka. Do not let Nephros distract you from what you have with Trip, and what we must do now to survive. How did your conversation end with him? What were his plans?” Joy asked.
    “To kill us all.” Vikka replied.
    “I know what it’s like to encounter such a polarizing and powerful figure Vikka. My master was from a very old, but strong bloodline of Force sensitives. I was always in awe of raw abilities, and how effortlessly he could wield the Force. He was too confident for his own good.” Joy paused as if she was searching for words. “On a mission that went terribly wrong, he was ambushed and killed by a dozen Mandalorian Commandoes. My Master killed eight of them before finally succumbing to the remaining four.”
    “I’m sorry for rehashing such a sad memory.” Vikka said.
    “No Child, don’t be sorry. The point is that his power made me feel that he was capable of anything. However, being that powerful does not make a being flawless or give them the ability to change what they really are. You have to accept that he may not want redemption.”
    “Isn’t it at least worth a try?” Vikka asked.
    “I will leave that to you Vikka. Use the Force, and your instincts. I have faith in you.”

Joy smiled and put her hand on Vikka’s shoulder. Both women were looking out of the massive window. One thought about how she was going to save a Sith Lord, the other was thinking how she was going to save an Empire.

Once again Lorn Nyeb had awoken with a massive headache. From what he remembered he was fortunate that a headache was all he was suffering from. Nyeb got to his feet, and looked down on his belt. He saw that he still had his lightsabre. Nyeb walked a few paces before seeing the hole in the wall that Darth Nephros had created by smashing through the duracrete. He approached it cautiously and looked through the wall. Nephros was sitting cross legged on the floor with his eyes closed. Nyeb was still amazed by how the Dark Side radiated off of him. Not even Cyrax had that kind of presence.

Suddenly Nephros opened his eyes and looked directly at the Nyeb. “You have a precious few seconds before I end you. What do you want?”
    “I’m much more difficult to kill than that, Sith.” Nyeb replied. “My Master has a message for you.”
    “You came all the way to Corellia to deliver a holo-message?” Nephros mocked. “Play it.”

A small figure of Cyrax appeared. “Greetings Lord Nephros. I have a proposition for you. My attack on Coruscant will happen soon, and I believe we have mutual interests. I believe…”

Nephros crushed the holo imager with the Force and looked over at Nyeb. “I want a live feed with Cyrax. Now.”
    “Very well.” Nyeb agreed before taking out another imager connected to a comm-link.

Cyrax appeared once again but with a look of surprise on his face. “Nephros, I was expecting my apprentice. Is he dead?”
    “No, not yet.” Nephros replied.
    “Did you watch my message?” Cyrax asked now clearly annoyed.
    “I prefer speaking with real beings. What do you want?”
    Cyrax took a moment to think before saying “I want the same thing you want. I want the Jedi destroyed.”
    “For your new empire?” Nephros mocked again. “Do you really believe that your coup will work?”
    “Of course I do.” Cyrax said defiantly. “I have a navy, an army, and the Force is with me. I suggest you comply with my suggestions Lord Nephros. I acknowledge your power but you cannot fight all of my forces.”
    “I agree Lord Cyrax.” Nephros said shocking Cyrax first by calling him ‘Lord’ and second by agreeing with his plan. “I will destroy the Jedi but I want something in return.”
    “What is that?” Cyrax asked.
    “I want to be left alone after your coup. Whether you succeed or fail I will leave the core worlds and pursue the mysteries of the Sith.”
    Cyrax paused again carefully weighing his words. “If I fail it won’t matter. If I succeed you will have your freedom Sith Lord. If you return to the core for any reason though, I will have you destroyed.”
    “I expect nothing less but take care with your threats Cyrax. When will you attack Coruscant?” Nephros asked.
    “The plans are underway and we begin within days.” Cyrax said proudly. “I will send you a clearance code so you may land on the planet.”
    “Very well.” Nephros said before terminating the connection. He turned his gaze to Nyeb now. “Get out.” He grumbled.
    “What do you have to do with Vikka?” Nyeb stunned Nephros. “Are you trying to convert her, and make her your apprentice?”
    “What did you say to me?” Nephros snarled.
    “You called out her name while I snuck into the apartment, before you smashed through the wall.”

Nephros stood up with his full mass shifting towards the fallen Jedi. Nyeb was still impressed that a man that size could move as fast as Nephros could. The Dark Lord stood over Nyeb grinding his teeth with his eyes blazing crimson. Nyeb wasted no time in igniting two lightsabres quickly between them. “I came prepared this time Sith. Attack me, I’m not worried about your deal with Cyrax.”
    “You’re a typical Dark Sider.” Nephros said while not moving an inch. “You will betray your master the first chance you get.”
    “It is the way of the Sith.” Nyeb said mockingly. “What’s become of your master?”
    “His voice echoes in the halls of a tomb he was placed in long ago. I aligned myself with the true Sith, a master from millennia ago. He has seen the Sith rise and fall over and over.”
    “So we are all in a line that is destined to fail.” Nyeb remarked. “I didn’t join Cyrax to become a part of that legacy. I joined him out of self-preservation.”
    “I’m not joining him, I’m finishing what I started on Nar Shaddaa.”
    “With Vikka’s help?” Nyeb said with a smirk. “She is powerful, she has great will, and a dark streak that makes her irresistible. You’ll try and fail to turn her but you’ll enjoy it. You may even get a bonus out of it. You’d better do it quickly though because I will kill her when she seeks me out.”
    “I’ve seen what you’ve done to her, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she did seek you out.” Nephros said confidently relying on a feeling. “She won’t though, as long as Coruscant is in danger. Vikka is above personal gain despite your influence.”
    ‘You’re a pathetic excuse for a Sith Lord.” Nyeb said genuinely surprised by the use of Vikka’s first name. “Tell me Sith, what will you do when I have her under my blade? Will you save her or finish your so called mission?”

Normally Nephros would have destroyed Nyeb but he could not jeopardize his plans any longer because of Vikka. She was already affecting his judgement, and parasites like Nyeb were using it against him. Still, he would not allow this fool to hurt her. If anything was to happen to her they would not be able to discover more about their bond. “If you touch Vikka, I’ll snatch the life right out of you. Do you understand me?” Nephros threatened before Nyeb extinguished his lightsabres. “Now get out, I will see you on Coruscant.”

Nyeb dusted himself off and walked to the entrance of the apartment. He gave Nephros another smirk before exiting the door. The Sith Lord was alone again, and thoughts of Vikka dominated his mind. He was certain that Vikka and Nyeb would meet again, and he pondered, what would he do if Nyeb tried to kill her? A few tense moments passed before Nephros decided on the obvious answer. If Vikka was as powerful as he thought than she would defeat her former master, and they could resume whatever it was they were sharing. If she died, then she was not worth his efforts.

Jedi Knight Fett and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great discussions with Vikka. I hope the Jedi will survive these plans