main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Currents: AU, OC's, 400 ABY Now at Chapter 28 - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 15, 2014.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

Yes, Cyrax and all his plans. A Sith has to eat. :p

I just wanted to say that Thank You to whoever nominated Darth Nephros and Cyrax as "Best Villians" for the awads. I'm honoured.
    I'm also truly indebted to you three that have been with me from the start. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, earlybird-obi-wan, and AzureAngel2

Many readers have come and gone but you three ladies have stuck with my labour of love. Again, I Thank You very much. Next section is coming up soon.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry, that I caught up only now. There was so much going on in my life, but there was obviously in this story, too. Phew, what a ride!

When I read about Nephros going absolutely berserk, I oddly remembered a line from MacBeth. In German! Tsk! Here is the English translation, before I annoy all English speaking readers: "Stars, hide your light so no one can see the terrible desires within me."

Love is not the absolute antidote for the dark side. I wish it would be that easy. Mercy and self-knowledge are important keys, too. And sometimes, the sacrifice of a beloved person is an eye opener. Today, before reading the last two updates, I watched the story of Quinlan Vos and Ventress by accident.

As for Cyrax, well most sith are opportunists & single fighters. Loyalty is a gift they only show to themselves.

3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank You AzureAngel2 hat was a fantastic quote.

Here is the next part. Enjoy and Thank You for reading..

AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Chapter 21 - Part 1

CSF Headquarters - Coruscant

Vikka placed her lightsabre on her belt after seeing the shocking holo-vids of Darth Nephros destroying the Fobosi Medical Centre’s quarantine zone. She wondered if she had misjudged Nephros and the possibility of redeeming him. His actions were atrocious and the images of how clam his face was were something out of a nightmare. Vikka began to question everything now about Nephros and her feelings for him. Grand Master Joy and Master Baron had called Vikka and Trip and told them to prepare for an attack on Darth Nephros and Lorn Nyeb. She could not quite believe that Nephros and Nyeb had fallen in league with each other but it made sense to her when she discovered that Nyeb was after Nephros as well. Nephros had kept his word and had attacked both sides of the conflict.

Vikka and Trip had not said anything to each other since their conversation that led to the demise of their relationship. She was even afraid to open their bond because she feared what Trip would say about her decision to leave him and what a fool she was for believing that there was a chance Darth Nephros could be redeemed. After their argument, Trip had left their room and had gotten one of his own as he upheld the silence between them. His opinion meant a lot to her but Vikka also had to listen to herself and her own heart. Those feelings were first based on respect for Nephros’ powers, then the existence of their Force bond, and then he had saved her from the Tiber’s detention block. When they touched each other Vikka felt an electricity like never before and now she believed that she may have read too much into those moments.

Vikka sat down, closed her eyes, opened herself up in the Force and reached out for Nephros. She was expecting him to roar into her mind and ridicule her for attempting to contact him. The only thing she felt in the Force from him was rage and anger. These feeling however were not directed towards her. Nephros’ presence in the Force had somehow felt different to Vikka in that she felt he was almost a different person while communing with her. It was amazing to her that when Nephros was immersed in the Dark Side of the Force he would lose the humane side of himself so completely. When they were aboard the Tiber she felt a different side of him. Vikka felt the conflict within him as he considered her life and she had felt that he genuinely cared for her, instead of wanting to destroy her for being a Jedi.

The beings at the Fobosi Medical Centre were already sentenced to death because of Cyrax’s virus and instead Darth Nephros vaporized half of them and cut down the other half with his lightsabre. It seemed that they could have been mercy killings or it was Nephros’ twisted way of giving the Jedi one less thing to worry about. The end result was that Nephros had destroyed Cyrax’s virus. Master Joy’s report showed that all infected beings were slain during the attack. Vikka could see Nephros rationalizing such harsh calculations and not taking into account the innocent lives that were rendered into further collateral damage in this invasion. Vikka saw the method to that logic but she knew that she would be in the minority on that.

After Vikka completed arming herself and snacking on a protein bar she made her way to the hanger bay and found Master Joy, Trip, and Master Baron speaking to a massive Wookiee Jedi Knight. Other Jedi Knights had come together back to Coruscant when Master Joy had given an order for every able Jedi Knight to return to the capital. Many Jedi came with more on the way and they could not have come sooner. Although the Jedi’s numbers had diminished over the years because of the Jedi-Imperial Act and their losses on Dathomir, that had not stopped Maser Joy from secretly training handpicked Force sensitives that she felt would be beneficial to the Order.

Case in point was the Wookiee Jedi Knight Keytar. A ferocious warrior that was brought to Master Joy’s attention by the Wookiee chieftain when it was discovered he had special abilities. Master Joy had him trained on Coruscant and then re-deployed him to Kashyyyk as the planet’s guardian and to investigate Cyrax’s existence there after Darius had informed her of it. Keytar was extremely skilled in weapons and unarmed combat but his power in the Force was slightly above average. Nevertheless he would be an invaluable addition to the coming battles.

Vikka approached the group and was met by an expected blank stare from Trip, a nod from Darius Baron and a reassuring smile from Master Joy. “When do we leave?” Vikka asked.
    “Momentarily Vikka.” Master Joy said. “I need to speak with you all first.”
    “Of course Master.” Vikka replied as she stood beside Darius.

Joy stood in front of her Jedi and the remaining CSF troops. “All of you will be tested today like never before. The battle for Coruscant is at a crucial point. For my Jedi we are in the midst of a transitional period in the Force. I know you have sensed the shift towards the Dark Side of the Force and it is up to us now to retract that shift back towards the light. The battle for the Force is our most important mission. All will be lost if the Sith prevail today.” Joy saw the CSF captain from the corner of her eye and she began to address the CSF soldiers. “To all of you in the CSF. Your bravery has been admirable and is highly respected by the Jedi Order. When we arrive at the Fobosi Medical Centre, do not engage the Sith or the fallen Jedi Knights. We Jedi will deal with the Sith and their minions. Please engage any battle droids and mercenaries that we encounter during the battle.” Joy began to stride back and forth. “We will all continue to fight alongside one another to win back our home world. All of you, make no mistake. This is a battle for our home and not just the galaxy. If we all do our part we will win this battle, win back our homes and return the galaxy to a state of peace. Let us band together and bring our oppressors to justice. For Coruscant!”
    “For Coruscant!” the massive group replied.

Joy moved back to her command team and looked at Knight Keytar. “You will accompany the CSF with your knights and repel the droid and mercenary army.”
    “Yes Master.” Knight Keytar said with a bow.
    “Vikka and Trip, you will take Lorn Nyeb and Master Baron and I will attend to Darth Nephros.” Joy said in a stern tone to make certain no one questioned her orders. When no one replied Joy raised her hands and said “Good luck and may the Force be with us all.”

Fobosi Medical Centre

Lorn Nyeb, his Fallen Jedi and the Blood Rock mercenaries, and droids flew over the Fobosi Medical Centre in small troop transports. Nyeb looked upon the damage to the quarantine zone and he noted how he could only see bodies and fire on the ground below him. One man stood among it all in the middle of the destruction he had wrought. Darth Nephros stood motionless until he looked up to note the transports and somehow Nyeb could feel the Sith’s gaze set right on him. Nyeb felt uncomfortable knowing that Nephros would concentrate on him as soon as he had an opportunity to do so. The Dark Side of the Force flooded the area, and Nyeb was almost choking on the thick air that carried an odour of death, fire, and ash.

The Dark Lord of the Sith stood amongst his victims waiting for fresh ones to arrive. Darth Nephros’ power was reverberating within the Force like never before. Nyeb guessed that Nephros had gorged on the Dark Side with every kill he had made. The fear from the citizens in the adjacent residential buildings was feeding the Dark Side, and Nephros was taking full advantage of it. The transports had landed, and dozens of beings, and battle droids surrounded the Sith Lord. Nyeb noted the Sith’s black robes were stained with dry matted blood from his victims. The former Jedi sensed that even his master would have difficulty defeating Darth Nephros in this place, at this very moment.

“Welcome Lord Nyeb.” Nephros began. “Your master has lost his precious virus. It is dead along with all the infected.”
    “Master Cyrax has larger plans that don’t concern his virus. It was always supposed to be a secondary threat while he conducted the attack on the planet.” Nyeb countered.
    “In any case, his weapon is gone, and now I have the added bonus of flushing you out, and destroying you.” Nephros said.
    “I don’t fear you Nephros. You’re the one who’s a pretender.” Nyeb mocked. “What kind of a Sith has feelings for a Jedi? You’re weak, pathetic and I’m here to finish you. I will prove once and for all that I am the future of the Force.”
    “You are an animal waiting for crumbs by the table side. You have accomplished nothing of consequence.” Nephros fired back. “I can see in your eyes that the shadow of the dark side has crept into your soul but you have not fully embraced the darkness or the rage needed to wield it. You haven’t learned to grasp its power. You are a fool Nyeb. Nothing more.”
    “Words. That’s all you have Sith.”
    “Search your feelings, and feel what is going on around you. The Dark Side is swirling around us at this very moment, and you’re deaf to it while I am feeding off of it.” Nephros explained.
    “I have just as much ability as you Sith, and I’ve gathered more experience in my time. What you fail to understand is that you deal in the absolutes of Sith. The Dark Side is my tool as it should be used. I don’t need to be consumed by it. I simply need to use it to survive.” Nyeb countered.
    “You’re failure to commit will be your downfall Nyeb. You just can’t see it yet.”
    “Target your weapons!” Nyeb yelled to his battle droids. “Destroy the Sith.”

Lorn Nyeb held up his hand for a few seconds, and then dropped it to unleash volleys of blaster fire directed at Nephros. The Dark Lord was clearly outnumbered but the ancient Tulak Hord had taught him how to engage larger numbers, and his first lesson was protection. Nephros called on the Dark Side, and created a Force lightning shield that surrounded him in a mesmerizing display of light. His shield caught the accurate blaster bolts while the others flew past him. With the shield still up Nephros closed it down into a ball, and fired the lightning into the battle droid’s ranks. The resulting explosion blew apart a number of droids, and left Lorn Nyeb, and the Fallen Jedi staring at Darth Nephros.

Nephros had gained a psychological advantage over his opponents already, and as he was about to exploit it. Both Nephros, and Nyeb stopped as they felt powerful presences in the Force approaching the scene. The Light Side had come. The Jedi. Transports again landed at the Fobosi Medical Centre carrying CSF soldiers that raised a perimeter with drawn weapons. Behind them five Jedi Knights, Darius Baron, Vikka, Trip and finally the Grand Master herself came to the fore. Master Joy and Darth Nephros held each other’s gazes as this was the first time that the two most powerful beings in the galaxy were crossing paths. She studied the scene and then her attention went back to Nephros.

“It seems like death follows you around Darth Nephros.” Joy said as she passed through the CSF line towards Nephros and Nyeb. “First the Sith Academy on Dromund Kaas, then the Blood Rock’s headquarters on Nar Shaddaa, and now here.”
    Nephros was surprised by the Grand Master’s knowledge about Dromund Kaas. “You’re well informed Master Jedi.”
    “Everywhere you’ve gone you have managed to take someone away from me.” Joy said sternly.
    “Master Sarro was a worthy opponent Grand Master. Your husband was very powerful.” Nephros replied truthfully. “What is your connection to Dromund Kaas I wonder?”
    “Darth Erebus was my sister.” Joy stated which resulted in many faces looking upon her now. “Her given name was Erin, and you killed her.”
    Nephros could not help but smirk. “Along with every student in her academy including her daughter.”
    “You’re a monster Nephros.” Joy replied with the revelation that she had a niece.
    “Monster? Have you lost your senses? Erin, as you call her, was plotting the same thing Cyrax has now done. In fact, her army of false Sith would have been more formidable than Cyrax’s pathetic band if they had ever been unleashed.” Nephros said as he waved his hand at Nyeb and his fallen Jedi. “I wonder if you would have destroyed her like to plan to destroy me, Grand Master.”
    “I would have stopped her as well.” Joy said with true belief in her words. “I vowed to protect the galaxy from anyone who threatens the peace.”
    “You wouldn’t have been able to kill her yourself. You probably would have sent one of your lackeys.” Nephros said using Dun Moch. “The Jedi have always drowned in their own hypocrisy. Come Grand Master, come and get your justice.”

Before Nephros did anything he looked at Vikka but did not know what to say to her. Through their bond she did not reveal anything but the look on her face was telling enough. Vikka was not shocked by his brutal actions but just being at this scene with the smell of death hanging in the air did little for the small hope she had that Nephros could leave the Dark Side behind. Nephros felt that if Vikka thought him a monster she would say so, and thus end any relationship before it even began. It would un-complicate a situation that the Dark Lord knew could destroy them both.

Darth Nephros ignited his double bladed lightsabre, and walked slowly towards the Jedi group. Master Joy and Master Baron walked towards him as Joy had discussed during their mission brief. Vikka and Trip followed by Keytar, and the Jedi Knights approached Nyeb and his fallen knights. All the combatants were eerily quiet as they all measured the gravity of their situations. Vikka had given Nephros one more look of disbelief and disappointment before she had to turn her attention to Lorn Nyeb.

Nephros’ attack on the Fobosi site was truly a worthy background for this battle. Countless times Jedi vs Sith had battled for either galactic domination or for peace, and this was yet another chapter of that story. The Jedi seemingly held the upper hand with their numbers but the Sith had always shown that numbers counted for little throughout history. The Order had been routed enough times that Joy knew the consequences of failure would be catastrophic.

Nyeb was the first to break the silence as he approached his former Padawan. “Do you appreciate Nephros’ work? He has frustrated my master to no end, and destroying the virus was a stroke of genius on his part. The Jedi should have thought of it.”
    “All this ends now Nyeb.” Trip interrupted. “Once we finish you, and Nephros, we can defeat your master, and end this war.”
    “My master has the upper hand Jedi.” Nyeb replied. “There is a reason he isn’t here. He will solidify his power and then the Jedi will be deemed criminals, and traitors to the new regime.”
    “We’ve heard this all before Master.” Vikka finally said. “The Jedi have always returned, and won. This will be no different.”
    “Yes it will Vikka. You simply haven’t seen the final product yet.” Nyeb responded. “Mynock group we are ready whenever you are. Lay down the fire when ready. All units destroy them!”

The battle droids readied their weapons, and fired a volley of blaster bolts in all directions. The CSF returned fire, and the two armies laid siege to each other’s forces. Nyeb charged at Vikka and Trip, and engaged them both. Their sabres crashed against one another over and over again as they renewed their hostilities. Vikka had no idea what Mynock group was, and she feared what it could mean for her, and the Jedi. Cyrax and Nyeb had proven that they were capable of launching ambushes at a moment’s notice. However, she could not let that distract her with her former master looking for blood.

“This will finally be the end for us Padawan.” Nyeb said. “I will not let another opportunity to destroy you pass.”
    “They weren’t wasted opportunities master, they were your failures.” Vikka replied. “If you don’t surrender now we’ll be forced to destroy you.”
    “Oh, so it’s we again?” Nyeb mocked. “I seem to recall you and Nephros being an item. I assume this fool beside you didn’t like it.”
    “You should concentrate on us Nyeb.” Trip answered. “Relationship advice isn’t the Sith’s strongest suit.”
    “You still consider me a Sith?” Nyeb replied. “I’m a survivalist. I adapt and destroy anything in my way. Taking up with the Dark Side was easy enough but now that the Cyrax has taken control all I need to do is push him out, and take my rightful place as emperor!”

Nyeb blasted both Vikka and Trip with a shot of Force lightning. The Jedi Knights were obviously caught off guard by the Dark Side power as Nyeb had never used that power during their past duels. Vikka controlled her lightsabre and raised her blade to block the attack. Trip struggled as he had received the majority of the attack. Nyeb dropped his hands and reignited his lightsabre as to press his advantage. He furiously attacked Vikka while Trip was engaged by one of the fallen Jedi Knights that betrayed him on Fondor. Vikka had to quickly collect herself after the lightning attack and with help from the Force she calmed her mind to push herself against Nyeb. They exchanged numerous blows before Vikka got inside within an arm’s length of Nyeb with Force enhanced speed. She violently sent her right elbow into Nyeb’s nose and felt the cartilage give way. She followed through with her left hand and pushed him with the Force to the ground.

Nyeb rose to his feet as he cleaned the blood running from his nose. “You’ve grown powerful Vikka. It will be a shame…”

Vikka did not let Nyeb finish his sentence as she leapt right at him with blistering strikes from her lightsabre. Nyeb barely parried her attacks and was quickly put on the defensive. He sensed that Vikka was angry and her attacks were becoming erratic and unpredictable. Nyeb sensed that he was in danger as Vikka was gaining momentum with every strike. He had to stop her from ploughing right through him. Nyeb timed a perfect parry and locked Vikka’s blade so they could see each other’s eyes.

“This is the end master.” Vikka almost snarled. “I will not let you escape justice this time.”
    “Justice? Oh my former Padawan you seem to want revenge.” Nyeb answered. He then pushed her back and created some separation between the two. They both took the opportunity to rest. “Your relationship with Nephros is blinding you and you’re tapping into your baser emotions. Traits of the Dark Side Vikka.” Nyeb said and then smiled.
    “I’m tired of you Nyeb.” Vikka said surprising both of them with the use of his name for the first time. “You’re a constant threat and your insinuations about Nephros and I are totally off base. I’m using your teachings against you. I’ll never fall to the Dark Side but I won’t deny the fact that I can become angry. It’s useful for situations like this. You won’t surrender so I will do what I must.”
    “I will never surrender to someone I held power over.” Nyeb responded. “You were weak and you still are. I can sense your anger but you won’t finish me if you get the chance Jeti” He mocked in Vikka’s native Mandalorian language.
    “Goodbye master.” Vikka roared.

Nyeb smiled as a sound emanated from his wrist comm link. He looked up into the sky which made Vikka and Trip do the same. The sound of screaming ion engines seemed to be approaching the area. Nyeb motioned to his fallen Jedi and they closed ranks around their Dark Side master as they knew what was coming. Keytar was about to pursue the traitors but he had realized as well that something was coming. He, Vikka and Trip all assumed that more droid drop ships were coming but that was not the case.

Jedi Knight Fett and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb! Great contest of wills with Nyeb and Nephros and their assertions and claims of dominance. Bravo on Vikka's introspection =D= I love that sort of thing & her feelings and burgeoning doubts are understandable. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Vikka in this chapter. And a cliffie[face_praying] I hope the Jedi will be alright

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Vikka´s thoughts humbled me:

She wondered if she had misjudged Nephros and the possibility of redeeming him. His actions were atrocious and the images of how clam his face was were something out of a nightmare. Vikka began to question everything now about Nephros and her feelings for him.

And she understands a sith way better than Padmé ever did:

Vikka sat down, closed her eyes, opened herself up in the Force and reached out for Nephros. She was expecting him to roar into her mind and ridicule her for attempting to contact him. The only thing she felt in the Force from him was rage and anger. These feeling however were not directed towards her. Nephros’ presence in the Force had somehow felt different to Vikka in that she felt he was almost a different person while communing with her. It was amazing to her that when Nephros was immersed in the Dark Side of the Force he would lose the humane side of himself so completely. When they were aboard the Tiber she felt a different side of him. Vikka felt the conflict within him as he considered her life and she had felt that he genuinely cared for her, instead of wanting to destroy her for being a Jedi.

The dark side turns somebody into a very different person. And with each step further into the darkness it is one step further away from humanity, love and friendship.

I was somewhat reminded in a Fantasy book character I cared about in the 90ies: Raistlin Majere. In the Book "War of the Twins. Legends, Volume 2" the cunning wizard attempts godhood. With some time traveling going on he is confronted with the bleak future of his actions. He was successful in defeating a dark goddess and went on to destroy the other gods and all life. "Unable to create new life, he "actually became the sole living creature in the universe, a snake devouring its own tail."

When I read that, I thought: Vader and the Emperor are this way. But Vader finds redemption in the blind faith and love of his son. Mercy and sense of responsibility turn him into a good person again.

I am therefore glad Vikka does not give up hope.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Absolutely Nyota, I can't seem to kill Nyeb. :p Thank you. :D

Stay tuned early, the Jedi are in for a fight.

And Azure, your thoughts humble me. I love the connections you make.

So ladies, I'm hoping to have something tomorrow or Monday night. Hope all is well with you, :)

8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Thank you for reading again. All Hail Cyrax?

Chapter 21 Part 2

Darth Nephros was being stalked by the two most powerful Jedi in the Order. There was little he could do except fight back and look for an opportunity to finish one of them quickly. Joy produced a simple yet elegant lightsabre hilt and ignited a blade that looked silver in colour. She moved slowly and with purpose while Darius looked like a nexu stalking it’s pray with his deep blue lightsabre blade splitting his face. Nephros threw an initial swipe at Joy and she parried it quickly as Nephros had to sidestep Darius’ incoming attack. He was then met by Joy’s lightsabre coming for his neck. The Dark Lord was totally on the defensive with the two Jedi striking at him rhythmically. There was no weakness in either Jedi’s sabre defence so Nephros felt that he would have to use his Force powers to even the odds.

Nephros’ dual lightsabre was catching Joy’s attacks in front of him and Darius’ strikes from behind him. The Jedi would occasionally switch which forced Nephros to adjust. Darius had over extended his latest attempt and Nephros took advantage with a vicious fist to the Jedi’s stomach. The impact doubled Darius over and Nephros quickly used a well-placed blast of Force energy to send the Jedi back and into the ground. Joy came in from behind Nephros and made a horizontal swipe that would have cut Nephros in half. The Sith leaped into the air and flipped around into the falling leaf. The Dark Lord brought his lightsabre down on Joy’s wrists but she recognized the danger and dropped her lightsabre on to the ground to save her hands from being severed.

Nephros intentionally landed on Joy’s lightsabre and destroyed it under his foot. The Jedi Grand Master pointed both her hands at the Sith and fired a heavy Force push that knocked Nephros down onto the ground. Nephros slowly rose to his feet after he had landed awkwardly onto his right shoulder. He watched as Joy showed no fear due to the fact that she had no lightsabre. Nephros closed the distance between them as he saw the kill was before him.
    “You honour me.” Nephros said respectfully. “I will enjoy this victory against the Jedi Grand Master herself.”
    “You haven’t defeated me Nephros and you won’t. A lightsabre doesn’t give you the advantage you think you have. The Force is my ally and I will never surrender as long as I can wield it.”
    “You overestimate your chances Sith.” Darius said as he had risen from his spot.
    “You both overestimate your…”

Nephros was interrupted by the sound of twin ion engines approaching closer and closer. All three combatants looked up into the sky and saw four TIE 4Ks on an attack run that looked as if it was targeted for the CSF ground troops that were entrenched against the droids and mercenary army. The TIE fighters were followed by CSF fighters which must have already been in pursuit. Both forces on the ground scattered as it was evident that there was little concern over who the TIE fighters were targeting. Cyrax was proving to be lethal, as he was showing no concern for his own warriors. The droids were obviously of little consequence but the mercenaries that he hired, were living beings that had been fighting effectively against the CSF.

Joy immediately noticed what was happening, and she sensed that Vikka, Trip, Keytar, and the Jedi were all in danger. With a powerful Force enhanced leap she landed in the middle of her Jedi Knights, and raised her hands. The fighters dropped their payload as if in slow motion and Grand Master Joy created an invisible dome that covered a certain portion of the blast radius. Joy ground her teeth together as the weight of the explosions pushed her abilities to their furthest. She had never been so determined in her life. The selfless act had saved the lives of her Jedi Knights, and dozens of CSF soldiers that were under the protection of her manifestation. Joy had also managed to save some of the lives of Nyeb’s mercenaries as well. Darius slipped under the dome just before the blast to assist Joy with Battle Meditation.

Nephros watched the Jedi Grand Master’s inspiring effort and saw her try and save her Jedi including Vikka who had begun to help Joy and Darius when she saw what they were doing. The Dark Lord became concerned for Vikka as he saw the fire rise around her. In an instant, Nephros could not see anyone that had been engulfed in the fire storm. He reached out over his Force bond with Vikka, and he felt her presence. He sensed that she was under incredible pressure, and her power was fading. Over their bond, Nephros found himself trying to reinforce Vikka. Through the connection he found that much more than the Force was flowing between him and Vikka at that moment.

Vikka felt like she was being crushed by the pressure created of the fire storm. All she could think of was Master Joy and the amazing display of power she was showing. Vikka tried to help Joy as much as she could with her own Force powers, and she noticed that Darius, Keytar, and Trip had begun to do the same through the combined Battle Meditation. Suddenly she felt Nephros’ presence over their bond. Vikka was surprised by the power coming over their Force bond as she felt the Sith Lord try and support her effort. She was charged by his intense power, and she had begun to fully open herself to Nephros. Vikka rose a little taller, and became strong enough to repel the devastation that was landing on top of the Jedi. Vikka pushed harder and until finally the bombardment had stopped. As the smoke cleared all five Jedi were breathing heavily but Trip, Joy, Darius and Keytar were all looking at Vikka. She knew that they had sensed Nephros’ presence reinforcing her, and each of them had an astonished look on their face except for Trip. His face showed a deep disappointment more than anything else, and more than that, a broken heart.

“We will discuss that later Vikka.” Joy said with a seriousness that Vikka had never heard before.
    “Yes Master.” She replied quietly.

The remaining Jedi Knights that had taken cover emerged behind Darius, Keytar, and Trip. The surviving CSF soldiers all thanked Master Joy and the Jedi. Their numbers were fewer after the attack but so were Nyeb’s forces for the moment. More droids than mercenaries were eliminated but Nyeb had returned as well with a fresh transport of battle droids and his fallen Jedi behind him. Suddenly the Jedi and CSF were outnumbered and surrounded by enemies. Joy’s Padawan, Forge produced a lightsabre and passed it to her. She gave him a thankful nod, and the Jedi simultaneously ignited their blades.

“I will take Darth Nephros” Joy began. ‘Darius, Vikka, and Trip you will take Lorn Nyeb and Keytar my friend, you and the remaining Knights will take Nyeb’s fallen knights. Captain,” Joy said to the CSF leader. “Your soldiers must hold off the droids and mercenaries please.”
    “Of course Master Joy.” The CSF man replied.
    “For Coruscant my friends. Till the end.”
    “Till the end.” Everyone said in unison.

CSF Headquarters

Cyrax and his mercenaries had dominated the CSF forces left behind to protect their headquarters. He had even had the pleasure of gutting three Jedi Knights that had been foolish enough to engage him. The Blood Rocks had brought tanks with them which quickly dispatched of the smaller armoured vehicles of the CSF. The overwhelming fire power cleared the way for the final march on the building. A tank rolled over the last remaining duracrete fence that stood in their way and the immediate perimeter around the building had a few barricades with soldiers making a last stand to slow the Sith Lord down. The brave CSF men were laser cannon fodder for the Blood Rock tanks.

Cyrax smashed down the front door and quickly ignited his lightsabre to deflect a volley of blaster fire that was aimed at him by CSF soldiers. The Sith dispatched the soldiers with deadly efficiency. Cyrax led the soldiers down a few corridors and did not have to move as his Blood Rock picked off any CSF stragglers. Cyrax came to hall way that opened up to a command centre that was dark and apparently empty. A blaster bolt came from the darkness and Cyrax absorbed the blast in his hand with the Force while his Blood Rocks dove for cover. Cyrax unleashed a massive Force push that destroyed much of the equipment and in the middle of the debris he saw a pair of red eyes.

“Reveal yourself at once Chiss.” Cyrax demanded as he had an idea of who this person was. “There is no need to hurt you any further.”
    “How do I trust the word of a Sith?” The voice replied.
    “Come Hessa. Come and bow to your new Emperor.” Cyrax said.
    The Chiss female revealed herself and walked towards Cyrax slowly. “How did you know who I was?”
    “Lorn Nyeb warned me about you.” Cyrax admitted. “He explained to me that you were behind his missions. You’re resourceful and quite beautiful now that I look at you. By now you’ve surely seen that my victory is all but assured. I will become the next ruler of the Empire and you may live under my command or die. Choose because I rarely give a choice like this to anyone.”

The Chiss did not say anything at first but the choice was clear. Her family’s decades of service to the Vox line of emperors was about to come to an end. “Emperor Vox is a Force user and I believe he knows the Dark Side of the Force.”
    “That is interesting Hessa but I already knew that.” Cyrax surprised her. “I can sense his presence along with the presence of something else far greater under this building. That is where he is hiding.”
    “What are you talking about?” Hessa asked. “This building isn’t anything more than a military base and storage facility.”
    “No Hessa. There are Force relics hidden here and I can feel how they radiate the Dark Side of the Force.” Cyrax explained.
    “How could he have hidden something like this from the Jedi?” Hessa thought.
    “Your former master can hide his abilities and his relics well. It proves he is quite formidable in the Force. I will destroy him alone.”

Cyrax abruptly turned on his heel and progressed to an office and he scanned the room through the Force. He found a hidden lift behind a massive data-pad case that had an obvious switch linked to a wall fixture. Cyrax activated the switch and he went down the lift for a few minutes which indicated that he was a few kilometres underground. When the doors opened all Cyrax could see was a dark room that was illuminated only by little red glows on one side of the room and little blue glows on the other side of the room. Cyrax recognized the lights as Jedi and Sith holocrons. A wealth of knowledge right at his finger tips and hidden from the Jedi Order for centuries. The Sith was impressed with this emperor.

A torch was lit in the middle of room and the light revealed Emperor Vox with an unignited lightsabre in his hand. The Falleen glared at the intruder while Cyrax gave him a small smile. The Dark Lord felt the Force from the Emperor but there was no true focus of Light Side or Dark Side. Cyrax naturally walked to the Dark Side holocrons first and looked on in awe at the amount of them. There had to be at least twenty-five of them and almost the same amount on the Light Side section of the room. These objects were always of interest to Cyrax because of the knowledge they held and the power they could help a being wield. In the back of the room there was a stone table that looked like an altar. There were a variety of lightsabres in various stages of completion and some data-pads that looked to be hundreds of years old.

“I’ve spent decades hiding this place from the likes of you and your kind.” Vox said.
    “My kind?” Cyrax replied. “It seems your excellency that you are my kind.”
    “I am no Sith nor am I a Jedi. I represent the balance and peace that has existed for centuries under my family’s rule.”
    “Yes, peace.” Cyrax said mockingly. “Destroying thousands of lives simply because they might have used the Dark Side of the Force is quite peaceful. You’re a murderer. You and your whole lineage are mass murderers. I am here to cleanse the galaxy of your taint.”
    “I murdered no one Cyrax. The Empire executed those that would not cooperate with the laws of the galaxy. Laws that had brought about an age of peace and stability. We have prospered beyond measure without the machines of war.”
    “The Tiber?” Cyrax asked. “The sole purpose of a Super Star Destroyer of that magnitude is for war.”
    “Years ago before I commissioned the Tiber I had a vision of Coruscant burning and so I started to prepare in my own way. The orbital battle stations were upgraded and I had Sword built. I saw these days coming years ago Cyrax.”
    “Yet here I am about to take it all away from you.” Cyrax said with pleasure.
    “It wasn’t you who I saw.” Vox replied.
    “Nephros.” Cyrax said with disdain.
    “I can tell you fear him.”
    “I fear no one!” Cyrax yelled at the mere thought. “He has become weak and compromised with sentiment. He cares for a Jedi woman. He will bend his knee or die at my feet.”
    “We both know he will never do that.” Vox said.
    “Perhaps, but you are about to. My purpose here was not to bask in this place of power, it was to take what I was always destined to have. Come with me Emperor.”
    “I am here to bask in my place of power to strike you down once and for all.” Vox declared.

The Falleen ignited his lightsabre and started to attack Cyrax who had ignited his own blade to parry the blows from the Emperor. Vox was not as powerful as he thought he was in his place and Cyrax felt it. The Emperor had excellent lightsabre skills that he obviously had been practicing, but he was not a match to the seasoned Sith Lord. Cyrax toyed with Vox for a few seconds and even fought him one handed to emphasize that he had no fear of him. Finally the Dark Lord had become tired of the game and he quickly got inside of Vox’s guard and struck him in the face with his fist. The Falleen fell back a few steps before Cyrax, with Force enhanced speed, cut Vox’s sabre hand off at the wrist. The Falleen wailed and Cyrax extinguished his blade. He raised his hands into the air in triumph and through the Force he raised all the holocrons into the air. A red and blue mist was being emitted from the little cubes, cylinders, and pyramids, and it was flowing into Cyrax.

Emperor Vox winced at the surge of Force power and he quickly realized the futility of his plan and that it had blown up in his face. Now Vox understood that he would have never defeated Cyrax. He had lost the battle and now possibly the war. Cyrax helped the Falleen up with the Force and took him under his arm.

“You are dealing with forces and powers that will drive you mad Cyrax.” Vox said.
    “Silence! You have one more duty that you must fulfill as Emperor.” Cyrax said.
    “I will not do anything for you willingly. I will never admit defeat or surrender while Dalporte and Master Joy are alive. They will carry out my wishes.” Vox said defiantly.
    “They’re already dead.” Cyrax said menacingly before he knocked Vox unconscious.

Vox awoke and he was confused as he looked around and noticed he was in the holo-projection room. It was the location where he made his galaxy wide announcements. Then he realized what was happening as he tried to move his arms and legs which were bound together. Vox thought Cyrax was planning to make him announce his ascension as Emperor. Vox had stated that he would do no such thing and when Cyrax tried to do so on the holo-net he planned on telling everyone. Vox promised himself he would not be anyone’s mouth piece.

Cyrax entered the room followed by armed Trandoshan mercenaries, a group of senators that Vox recognized and Hessa. Vox was not stunned by the senators that had most likely cut deals with the Sith but he was disappointed that the Chiss had betrayed him and now she was following Cyrax. Hessa was always a practical being that did what was necessary to survive but her betrayal hurt Vox. Cyrax motioned to one of the Trandoshans and he released Vox’s arms and legs and allowed him to stand.

“We will be making a galaxy wide broadcast your Excellency.” Cyrax said “Not to worry you won’t have to say anything.”
    “I will never…” Vox said before Cyrax interrupted.
    “Silence!” The Sith Lord yelled. “Do not speak. You have lost all your privileges to do so. Cut out his tongue if he so much as utters a syllable.” Cyrax said to one of the Trandoshans.

Vox looked over at Hessa who caught the stare and did not look away from him as she confirmed her hate for him. Cyrax smiled at the scene between the two former colleagues but he quickly turned as lights came up and shined on all of them. Cyrax had taken his lightsabre off his belt and held it in his hand switched off. The toggle light turned on signalling that the broadcast was live. Cyrax cleared his throat.

“Greetings. My name is Cyrax and I am the new Emperor of the Galaxy.” He stated as a matter of fact. “For those of you who do not agree with me and believe this murdering, lying sack of excrement is your ruler, please observe.” Cyrax ignited his lightsabre and decapitated Vox with a quick swipe of his lightsabre.
    “Emperor Vox was a Force user and a liar. He himself used the Dark Side of the Force to hide his powers from the Jedi Order and he had a secret cache of Jedi and Sith relics hidden under the CSF headquarters. So you see my friends, I am telling you the truth from the beginning of my reign and I will never lie to you.”

“All hail Cyrax.” The senators and Hessa said from behind him.

“Thank You.” He replied. “First off, your daily lives will not change for most of you. Those of you who are Force users and were afraid to reveal your abilities for fear of arrest, you have nothing to fear. All Force sensitives will be brought to Coruscant and trained in my new academy. The Jedi-Imperial Act is no more and for that matter the Jedi Order will be disbanded again. All Jedi who do not support my rule will be executed without trail or excuse. You are all enemies of the Empire if you do not bend the knee. The age of the Force sensitive has returned and my Force class will last millennia.” Cyrax adjusted himself over Vox’s body.
    “Your regional governors have received a transmission with my changes to the constitution and the new laws that I have made. The senate will go on and will be led by the executive committee behind me.” Cyrax waited a few seconds before resuming.
    “For those systems that would betray the new regime know this. I will build up military strength to combat any and all that oppose me. For the existing military forces that oppose us in Coruscant’s orbit right now, surrender or I will use planetary defences against you as I now have the access codes and override controls here all your vessels. It’s your choice. Obey or be destroyed. Admiral Wam’kodo is now the Grand Admiral of my military forces and for those CSF soldiers that would like to join us please do so by leaving your current posts and report to the surface. My committee of senators speaks for the senate and therefore the populace. Those senators that disagree with my rule must leave now as I’m sure someone from your systems has already been selected and can replace you.

Cyrax signaled to terminate the transmission and he turned to Hessa and the senators who were applauding the Dark Lord of the Sith. A new empire had emerged and once again a Sith ruled the galaxy. Cyrax thought that he had achieved his goal and now he would wait for the fallout. The Jedi would never surrender but he would hunt them all and make certain the Order never rose again. He would extinguish their Light and all the hope that came with it. Darth Nephros would be executed as soon as possible as Cyrax feared what the true Sith would do. His time had come and as he recalled the farmer that raped his mother and murdered his beloved Maria, he knew that he had come full circle. The promise that he had made to himself so long ago had finally been fulfilled.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Darth_Furio - superb and riveting action and amazing with Joy! =D= Woo, Cyrax's speech and intentions. [face_nail_biting] Something else altogether. The New Empire is divided already or has been all along since Cyrax and Nephros will work to eliminate the other. And looking forward to the talk about the whole Vikka/Nephros thing. :p

Darth_Furio likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW, exciting action and bravo to Joy for saving them

11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thank you Nyota. The fun is just begining. ;)

And Thank You early. Joy is one of my favorite characters. Thanks to Rainbow Knight Star for letting me use the name. :D

I'm hoping for to get something up this weekend. Thank you for reading.

12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2

Hello all. Here is the next part, Azure, I hope your family is doing okay. As always, thank you for reading enjoy. :)

Darth Nephros .vs Master Joy...Play this ;)

Chapter 22 Part 1 – Coruscant – Fobosi Medical Centre

Forge ran after Master Joy with a holo-pad in hand that was showing Cyrax’s broadcast from CSF Headquarters. Joy watched in horror as Cyrax had murdered Emperor Vox, and then revealed the truth about her long-time colleague. She suddenly questioned how she could have been so blind all these years and if her ability to use the Force was weakening. The examples of her failures were becoming numerous. Erin’s disappearance and the eventual establishing of her Sith Academy, Cyrax’s emergence, the rise of Darth Nephros, and now Emperor Vox’s betrayal. Joy began to wonder if she was leading the Jedi Order on a path of destruction rather than leading them to victory over the multiple threats against them.

Nephros watched Cyrax’s ascension on a massive monitor wall that was on the facing of the Fobosi Medical Centre. He looked at Master Joy’s face who seemed to be lost for words, and then Nephros turned to Nyeb who seemed to push out his chest a little more with his master’s victory. With Cyrax seemingly in control of the situation there would be little that the he and Jedi could do now. With the military override codes, the Empire’s largest weapons were compromised. Cyrax would now have control of Coruscant’s orbital battle stations which basically rendered the Empire’s remaining forces cannon fodder.

On the battle field the CSF had remained behind the Jedi but they were outnumbered by the mercenaries and droids. Darius, Vikka, Trip, and Keytar had been swarmed by the Dark Jedi led by Lorn Nyeb. Vikka and her former master naturally found each other in the middle of the battle but in this instance Trip followed her. They both engaged Nyeb who defended well enough but could not make an advance until he was joined by one of his own knights. Vikka Force pushed Nyeb with Trip moving in with her. Together they struck down the fallen Jedi that had joined Nyeb. The pair of Jedi went after Nyeb again but they were met by battle droids and super battle droids, which were more heavily armoured. Nyeb had somehow faded into crowd.

Vikka and Trip were engulfed by the attacking droids. Trip called out to Darius and the Jedi formed a line that deflected blaster bolts back, and at the same time gave the CSF time to take cover. When the Empire’s soldiers had fallen back they created cover fire that gave the Jedi time to fall back as well. The droids had taken a commanding position, and while they suffered heavy losses, the Blood Rock mercenaries used the sacrificed droids to their advantage. The droids were the best type of protection, and at the same time, the best tactic for attacking as well. The Jedi and CSF were pinned, and Vikka saw that Master Joy was at a stalemate with Nephros.

Grand Master Joy approached the Dark Lord at a slow pace despite her wide ranging emotions, as there was still work to do. She raised her lightsabre over her head in a ready stance. She watched Darth Nephros begin to seethe and walk towards her with his lightsabre dragging on the floor. The tip of the blade seared the ground as the Sith Lord closed in on Master Joy. He violently slashed at her with the Force enhancing his speed and strength. Joy did the same but she could not help but notice that the Dark Side reigned here at this moment. Nephros was consumed by it, fuelled by it, and most of all driven by it. All she could feel from him was his hate and she in turn felt tainted by it. If it was any other being, Joy would have tried to talk to them and understand them. In this case, Joy understood that Nephros needed to be dealt with in the most severe way to end the threat.

After dozens of exchanged blows both Joy and Nephros stood back from one another and attempted to find a weakness within the other’s defences. Nephros decided to use a new tactic against this more than worthy foe. The Sith Lord attacked again forcing Joy to defend. As they stood close together, Nephros slammed his foot on the ground, and with Force enhanced strength he fractured the ground between them. The uneven footing took Joy by surprise, and with the precious second that she took her focus off of Nephros, he stepped into her, and slammed his elbow into her chin knocking the Jedi Grand Master backwards.

With the following step, Nephros raised his lightsabre with Force enhanced speed, and was about to deliver the killing blow. He was so lost in his rage, and impending victory that he did not realize the figure approaching, and neither had Joy who had closed her eyes. The Sith Lord’s lightsabre came down and was stopped by a green blade. Nephros turned his head, and saw a younger human that was visibly straining, and holding on for all he was worth. Now it was Nephros that was distracted, and Joy was shocked as well to see her young Padawan Forge standing between her and Nephros.

The Sith Lord made a fist and slammed it into Forge’s cheek. The young Jedi feel backwards and Nephros turned his attention back to Joy. The Jedi Grand Master had quickly positioned herself between Nephros and Forge. She breathed heavily as Nephros approached her again. “Forge, are you alright?” Joy called out behind her.
    “The boy is unconscious.” Nephros replied.
    “Forge?!” Joy said again.
    “He only delayed the inevitable Jedi. Now I will destroy you as well.”
    “Your path ends here.” Joy said defiantly.

The Grand Master approached and suddenly in the distance the sight of CSF dropships flooded the skies. They began to open fire on the droids and mercenaries and cleared a path to defend the Jedi and remaining soldiers. A six team unit landed beside Master Joy and unleashed a barrage of blaster fire upon Darth Nephros. The Sith Lord fought off the attacks and he realized the numbers against him were becoming overwhelming. Two CSF soldiers set up a rocket and launched it at the Sith. Nephros reached out with the Force and directed the shell into the ground in front of him. Nephros under estimated the power of the blast and the resulting explosion drove him back with shrapnel causing multiple incisions on his face.

The Dark Lord’s anger reached a fever pitch and he fired Force lightning at the CSF soldiers who were powerless to stop the attack. Joy had attended to Forge, but when she saw Nephros attacking the CSF soldiers, she reignited her lightsabre and dropped into the stream of lightning to block it with her blade. Nephros stopped the attack and rushed after Joy again. Both combatants were slower as fatigue and injuries started to set in. Will and determination drove Joy and Nephros forward against one another. Nephros drove an elbow into Joy’s stomach and as he stepped forward the CSF soldiers opened fire again. The Sith Lord blocked most of the shots but two bolts caught him in the stomach.

Vikka watched the CSF drop ships fall from the sky and thin out the droid and mercenary forces with massive laser fire. Finally, Vikka and the Jedi had some relief and could fall back and rest. Vikka used the opportunity to look over at Nephros who had reengaged with Master Joy. She was astounded by their stamina and strength. They both were showing a profound will to stay on their respective courses against one another. After Nephros struck Joy, and then the young Padawan Forge intervened, the CSF came in to support Joy. The furious blaster fire came at Nephros and his lightsabre became a red shield until the shield suddenly disappeared. Vikka watched Nephros fall to a knee as he was struck, but he continued to bat back blaster fire. The Dark Lord was struck again on his arm and his lightsabre fell to the ground.

The CSF’s soldiers approached slowly as Nephros roared defiantly and he lashed out with a powerful Force push that sent the approaching soldiers backwards. Vikka opened up their bond and said, “Surrender Marcus, don’t throw your life away.”
    If you think I’d ever give in then you don’t understand me at all Vikka.” Nephros replied.
    “The Jedi will imprison you, and you’ll live. The CSF will kill you. Please.” Vikka pleaded as she watched Nephros use a Force Lightning shield.
    “Why do you care? What is it that you want Vikka?” The Sith asked.
    “I don’t know Marcus, but I know I don’t want you to die. You saved my life by infusing me with your strength, and you saved Jedi as well. That has to mean something.”
    “I did it for you.” Nephros admitted.
    Now I’m trying to do something for you. Please.”
    “Vikka, I…I.”

The bond closed and Vikka was left watching Nephros maintain his only salvation which was the lighting shield. Without thinking, Vikka walked towards Nephros despite blaster fire raining from both sides of the battlefield. She ignited her lightsabre and started to deflect the CSF’s blaster fire away so that no one would be struck. When the CSF soldiers called out in frustration and amazement, Joy walked out form around the CSF dropship and yelled after Vikka but her protests fell upon deaf ears. Trip could not believe his eyes and instead of calling after Vikka he followed her.

Vikka had arrived at Nephros who had not seen her advance through the field. When he looked up he could not understand why she was protecting him. Nephros dropped his shield and stood behind Vikka. “What are you doing?” He yelled at her.
    “Get out of here Marcus. I’ll deal with the fall out. Please.” Vikka replied.

Nephros looked into her eyes and he was not certain what he was seeing but it reminded him of Arianna. It was not what Vikka was doing for him, or the look she was giving him, but it was the feeling within himself that was changed. It was not Nephros accepting the Light Side of the Force because he still felt hate for Cyrax and Nyeb for making a mockery of the Sith. He still hated the Jedi for their betrayal of Arianna, it was his feelings for Vikka. She was giving him a chance to live and he needed to seize it, he wanted to live to see Vikka again.

Nephros rose to his feet and was suddenly faced with Darius Baron in front of him. Before the Dark Lord of the Sith could do anything, Darius plunged in his lightsabre into Nephros’ stomach. The wound was not initially fatal as Nephros surprised everyone when he grabbed Darius by the throat and slammed his fist into Darius’ face. Emotion, anger, adrenaline, and above all hate drove him forward and the Sith used the Force to throw Darius off to the side. Nephros took another look back at Vikka’s concerned face. He could see that she wanted to go to him but blaster fire made her aware of the battle around her.

Nephros used his wrist mounted control to call his speeder. In the meantime he ran but he needed the Force to help him forward as his wounds bled out. He started to feel light-headed, dizzy, and his body was failing him. He dropped to a knee and mercifully the speeder arrived at his location and Nephros basically fell into it. He pushed another button and felt the speeder fly off as his eyes closed from exhaustion.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb action! =D= =D= Nephros is formidable and he and Joy both nearly were fatally injured. :eek: The bond /connection to and with Vikka continues. [face_thinking] How that will play out and influence the future will be intriguing to discover.

Poor Trip, he's totally hung out to dry. :p

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Vikka and Nephros. Will they be together and turning back to the Jedi?
    Great action

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Nephros rose to his feet and was suddenly faced with Darius Baron in front of him. Before the Dark Lord of the Sith could do anything, Darius plunged in his lightsabre into Nephros’ stomach. The wound was not initially fatal as Nephros surprised everyone when he grabbed Darius by the throat and slammed his fist into Darius’ face. Emotion, anger, adrenaline, and above all hate drove him forward and the Sith used the Force to throw Darius off to the side. Nephros took another look back at Vikka’s concerned face. He could see that she wanted to go to him but blaster fire made her aware of the battle around her.

Now you start spoiling us by adding music to Nephroa trials with the light side of the Force. Wow!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Welcome back AzureAngel2 :D

I'm going to try and do it more often. I'm working on a trailer too.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thanks Nyota! It only gets better from here. Well, not for Trip. :p

Thanks early. Vikka never leaves the Jedi. Well, MAYBE not yet. We'll see. :)

Again, glad you're back Azure. I'm finding music helps me write and I when I hear certain songs I can picture certain chapters in my mind. Whatever works I guess. :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Just wrote you a PM about that subject! :D

Darth_Furio likes this.
  19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Again, thanks all. :D I'll get something up this weekend.

20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    AzureAngel2
    earlybird-obi-wan
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Hello all. Here is the next part. All hell is breaking loose and the Jedi are in the eye of the storm.

Thank You for reading. :D

Chapter 22 Part 2

Vikka saw that Nephros had left the scene and she returned to the assembled Jedi. No one had said anything for a few moments until Master Joy said, “I see you have made your decision Vikka. Should we fear for your future?”
    “No Master,” Vikka said confidently. “I assure you I will not fall to the Dark Side, but I feel Nephros’ death would only worsen our current state.”
    “You feel?” Darius chimed in while he rubbed his neck. “I don’t feel that your judgement is entirely sound Master Vikka. Letting the Sith Lord go only compounds our problems. Where is the wisdom in your actions?”
    “I have been following my instincts and what the Force has been telling me Master Baron.” Vikka replied with an edge in her voice. “I haven’t been steered wrong yet.”
    “So you think Vikka. You’re wrong about this one though.” Trip finally replied before he walked away to stand with the CSF troops who had quickly stabilized the area now that they had the greater numbers on their side. Suddenly she felt alone, and an overwhelming desire to open her bond with Nephros arose within her.
    “It may not make sense now but I know in my heart that Nephros has a part to play in our survival.” Vikka said.
    “That very well may be Vikka but I cannot condone an action that…” Master Joy began to say before she was interrupted by approaching dark presences in the Force.

Cyrax had arrived with more fallen Jedi and with another battle droid transport. The transport opened with a loud hiss as it unloaded the sixty man sized war machines. Lorn Nyeb had also joined his master. All the Jedi simultaneously ignited their lightsabres and the CSF troops went into formation, and others took off in their drop ships to ready an attack. Cyrax also had his air support fly over the area to make their presence known to the Jedi and CSF.

“To all traitors of the Empire.” Cyrax said in a booming voice. “Please lay down your weapons. There is no need for violence, good Jedi.” The sarcasm dripped from the statement. “Of course if you feel the need to resist you will only doom yourselves to a fate much worse than imprisonment.”
    “There will be no negotiations and no surrender.” Master Joy replied.
    “I was hoping you’d consider a bartering session Grand Master. Come here, you have my word that my forces will not attack you.”
    “Forgive me if I seem skeptical Cyrax.”
    “I am a man of honour and I promise no aggression from my forces or else I will kill them myself.”
    “Very well Cyrax.”

Master Joy motioned to Darius Baron to follow her and the two Jedi Masters went to meet Cyrax who had Lorn Nyeb in tow.

“Grand Master.” Cyrax said while bowing his head. “As I said, there is no need for violence. Surrender and you may yet live to see the end of this war.”
    Master Joy looked into Cyrax’s eyes, and she saw something different in them. He was corrupted somehow and there was an odd feel to his presence. “This war ends when you have been dethroned Cyrax.” Master Joy replied ignoring the odd taint for the moment.
    “I have seized the office of Emperor and taken over most the military complex of Coruscant. The remaining orbital battle station is mine, along with the Empire’s ships that did not escape. They have been added to my navy. I have taken the planet my dear.”
    Master Joy shuddered at the word ‘dear.’ “I am not your dear, nor do I believe in your rule. I am aware that the Empire’s ships fled. They will of course regroup and come back to take back their planet.”
    “That is unlikely Jedi.” Cyrax said in anger. “The Empire is mine. The Jedi have been defeated again. It took almost three centuries but the Sith have control once again.”
    “As long as we draw breath Master, the Jedi will never be defeated.” Darius replied.
    “Oh apprentice. She truly does have you fooled.” Cyrax said shaking his head. “Look around you. I have won. Even with the loss of my virus, I still have the populace in fear, and listening to my message.”
    ”There is always hope. Many oppose you Cyrax.” Joy said. “Other systems will not accept your rule.”
    “They will when I show them how I plan to rule. The galaxy has already seen the images of Fondor. I believe that was clear enough. Thanks to you, Darth Nephros has been destroyed. We have images of his demise after his battle with you. The Jedi should be commended, despite the efforts of Knight Gratua.”
    “I told Nephros that his feelings for my former apprentice would be his demise.” Nyeb said as he joined the conversation. “He was a fool and he paid the ultimate price, for a woman no less.”

Cyrax’s TIE fighters flew over the scene one more time and Master Joy used the distraction to deceive Cyrax and Nyeb. Joy and Darius ignited their lightsabres and swung with Force enhanced speed. Both Jedi were astonished when Cyrax had thrown up his hand and had them both in Force choke holds.

“You fools!” Cyrax snarled. “The holocrons that your precious Emperor Vox was hiding had a wonderful surprise among them. Within one of the Sith holocrons I discover a dull violet and red crystal that emitted obvious Dark Side power. Upon further examination I released it and suddenly I was infused with a power greater than anything I’ve ever felt before.”

Cyrax revealed a chain around his neck with the small trinket attached to it. Joy and Darius could now also feel the object’s Dark Side taint. Joy calmed her mind like she had against Darth Nephros and reached for the Light Side. She was quickly rewarded with a renewed strength once again. Joy ripped free of Cyrax’s grip and Force pushed both Cyrax and Nyeb into the ground. However, she was tiring and she knew it. The battle with Nephros had taken a tremendous toll on her and now Joy was faced yet again with a Dark Lord with unnatural power. Albeit Cyrax’s powers were not organic like those of Nephros, he had still become far more dangerous.

Darius rose from the ground and he joined Master Joy. Both Jedi attacked the Sith Lord in unison and Cyrax was put on the defensive. Every offensive maneuver by the pair of Jedi Masters was countered by their single opponent. Cyrax was clearly feeding off of the Dark Side artefact as he did not seem to be tiring at all. Joy and Darius could be the most powerful Force using duo in the galaxy, however, Cyrax was frustrating both of them and he could sense their frustration. Cyrax fully intended on making them miss until he found the perfect time to mount a counterattack.

The Jedi Knights charged and Cyrax’s fallen knights had done the same. Nyeb had been ordered to lead the fallen knights and Vikka, Trip, and Keytar led the Jedi. Dozens of lightsabres clashed against one another. The humming of the blades moving through the thick and hot air dominated all of the senses. The CSF had opened fire on the battle droids and the CSF drop ships had been engaged by Cyrax’s TIE fighter squadrons. The streets around the Fobosi Medical Centre had become a war zone once again.

Vikka wanted to find to Nyeb amidst the battle but she was quickly confronted by a human and Devaronian duo that engaged her. She fought them back with an aggressive spin maneuver that caught the human by surprise. Vikka had cut his arm just above the wrist, and she called the man’s lightsabre to her hand as it fell to the ground. She charged at the Devaronian with her green lightsabre in her right hand and now a red blade in her left. Vikka had practiced Jar’Kai combat more after she saw Darth Nephros effectively use it against Master Baron and Master Sarro. She immediately went offensive and dominated the Devaronian who fell quickly to Vikka’s dual bladed attack. She also quickly cut down four battle droids that had wandered into her radius. As Vikka surveyed the field she began to realize that the CSF line had been broken and overwhelmed by the battle droids and Blood Rock Mercenaries.

Droids with blaster rifles coming into the battle posed a new threat to the Jedi as well. The CSF had attempted to reform their ranks but the droid forces had pushed them back into the battle between the Force users. Vikka witnessed two of her fellow Jedi fall and she started to look for Trip. When she finally found him she saw that he had fallen back to back with Keytar as they were watching each other’s backs. Vikka used her blades to carve a path to Trip and Keytar and she joined into their defensive position. Trip moved himself beside Vikka and looked at her with disappointment in his eyes as she seemed to find nothing wrong with wielding a red lightsabre. It was another omen of how much he thought she had fallen.

“Vikka,” Trip said. “We’re not going to last much longer. I’ve called for an evacuation team. We’ve got to get out of here and regroup.”
    “We can’t just leave Trip.” Vikka yelled back. “This is the turning point. If we fall here the planet will be lost. Master Joy and Master Baron can stop Cyrax and we can take Nyeb.”
    “I can’t even see him in the crowd Vikka.” Trip said. “The droids have overrun the CSF flanks and are pushing us back into each other. We’re surrounded!”
    “No we need to finish them.” Vikka almost growled. “This could be our last chance.”
    “Look around you, we have to fall back!”
    “Don’t be a coward and fight back Trip.” Vikka now roared as she cut down four more droids.
    “What state of madness have you fallen into Vikka?!” Trip responded. “This rage will get us all killed.”

Vikka reflected on Trip’s words for a few moments as she looked around the scene. The rage that Trip was referring to was not new to her. She had always walked the line between light and dark, anger and serenity. Vikka realized that since her interactions with Nephros had begun, she had begun to choose the more forbidding path each time the option had presented itself. She wondered if the taint of the Dark Side was beginning to seduce her. Vikka remembered the look in Nephros’ eyes. She especially remembered how she felt the intensity of his gaze and the power of his feelings. Vikka assured herself that Nephros was beginning to turn into something else, just like she had begun to turn into someone like him. For better or worse, Vikka and Nephros were more than a Force Bond.

Cyrax used broad strokes and a wide stance as he continued to frustrate the Jedi Masters. The evidence of Dark Side corruption was unmistakable. Cyrax had a strange violet hue coming from behind his usual yellow irises. His speed and strength increased during the battle, while Master Joy’s stamina began to falter. Darius had been defending Joy more than he was attacking Cyrax. Her battle with Nephros had pushed Joy far too much and now a battle with an augmented Cyrax had brought her to her limits.

Darius advanced as an opening appeared before him. He spun towards Cyrax and thrusted his lightsabre at the Sith. Cyrax deflected the blade but Joy was right behind Darius, and struck Cyrax on the shoulder. The strike did not slow Cyrax who seemed to not even feel the impact of the blow. Cyrax stepped forward, and stabbed his lightsabre into Master Joy’s midsection. The Jedi Grand Master cried out as she fell to her knees and then finally to the ground.

As Darius turned he saw that Joy had fallen. The initial shock had to pass quickly, so Darius regrouped and fired a powerful Force push at Cyrax. The impact of the blast sent his former master tumbling backwards. Cyrax was enraged at his lack of focus and he then concentrated his anger into a blast of Force lightning. Darius braced himself and caught the attack with his lightsabre. He looked at Cyrax’s insatiable eyes and then he looked down at Master Joy who had not moved since collapsing. The exhaustion had suddenly begun to ware on Darius as well and his former master seemed to be only gaining strength.

“Do you feel the shadows creeping over you? I have won Darius. Your Grand Master has fallen, Darth Nephros has fallen, and most of the Imperial Navy is mine. Surrender!” Cyrax yelled.
    “We are Jedi and the darkness will never take us again.” Darius responded. “As long as a Jedi lives, the struggle will never end.”
    This empire you fight for betrayed the Jedi and you’ve accepted it like a bunch of lame animals. The persecution of Dark Siders was a result of this arrogant emperor’s short sightedness.” Cyrax said. “His family line betrayed all Force users and now I have come to repay that betrayal with blood.”
    “The Jedi helped create a peace that has allowed generations of beings to live without war, without violence, and flourish. Your regime would never allow such a peace. Your war mongering would have to start here on Coruscant and move on. You’ll create another cycle of war and galactic strife. The Jedi will always try and defend the peace it has helped nurture.”
    “You are all that remains in my way Sword of the Jedi.” Cyrax said. “The rest of your Order will join me or die.”
    “We would rather die.” Another voice said.

The Wookiee Keytar slammed his massive blade downwards. Cyrax had barely removed himself in time from being chopped in half by the Wookiee. Darius and Keytar both fired waves of Force energy that Cyrax attempted to absorb. The Sith was instead pushed backwards once again and then Cyrax reignited his lightsabre. He moved towards the two Jedi and Lorn Nyeb joined him by his side. The two dark warriors glanced at one another and then back at the Jedi. Darius and Keytar stood shoulder to shoulder with their own blades at the ready.

In seconds the ground between the four combatants exploded into rock and dust. CSF drops ships had arrived and started to collect the survivors. Darius quickly took Master Joy into his arms and took her to a ship while CSF troops fired rockets at Nyeb and Cyrax. The Sith duo sensed the disadvantage and took cover. Darius gently put down Master Joy and gave the signal to the pilot to evacuate with the troops and Keytar. Other drops ships collected Vikka, Trip, and the remaining Jedi Knights and CSF soldiers. Darius looked at the war torn Fobosi Medical Centre as they flew off in a dust storm. Dirt infused sweat rolled into Darius’ eyes from his forehead, and he attempted a healing trance that Joy had taught him. The Force unfortunately did not flow freely into Darius as emotion got the better of him. Seeing Joy in her current state reminded him of Master Sella Jenner. In his delay, Master Joy was attended by a CSF medic who warned Darius that she needed to be taken to their medical facility quickly. Her life signs were fading but hope remained that she would live.

Darius calmed his mind as Keytar put his large hand onto Darius’ shoulder. The reassuring squeeze form the Wookiee put the trance in motion. Darius felt Joy’s presence in the Force. It was faint but she was alive. He did what he could and finally took a seat himself now. Darius was exhausted and he looked at the number of CSF drop ships and realized just how few they were left with. They would all rendezvous at a water treatment facility in the Works District of Coruscant that was well underground. It was actually a CSF Special Operations bunker and the perfect place to lay low and regroup. The facility had a medical bay, docking capabilities and a barracks.

After suffering a major loss, the Jedi and CSF, had to assess the damage done. The losses were clearly catastrophic in the case of the Jedi. The loss of Master Joy would be immeasurable to the Jedi in terms of leadership and moral. The CSF did not have a clear cut leader amid their ranks either. Darius feared the remaining Jedi Knights and CSF soldiers would feel that they were leaderless and therefore lost. He understood what had to be done and while questions flew in his mind, he promised himself that he would take over the leadership of these now rebel forces against the new evil empire.

Darius hoped that there was still a sufficient amount of Jedi and CSF soldiers to mount a counter attack. There was also the retreat of the Imperial Navy. It was a good sign in that an offensive could be mounted against Cyrax sooner rather than later with the remaining ships. It was merely a matter of getting into contact with whoever was leading whatever was left of Coruscant’s fleet. Too many questions, not enough answers. However, Darius would take the lead.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW, exciting chapter with lots of action.
    I hope Joy survives and that the Jedi will win

Darth_Furio likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, you managed to pack a lot of action into this update. I never could write battles as good as you, Darth_Furio.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, riveting and very anxious moments! Cyrax is very confident and the Jedi have been decimated [face_worried] Vikka is treading a thin, transparent line. [face_nail_biting]

24. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Just started reading through from the beginning; love the way its written, and the many different characters, planets, and situations they are in makes things interesting and keeps things fresh, switching from one story line to another and then back. The depictions of the ways in which the force is used, various jobs and livelihoods held/done by the characters, interpersonal relationships between them, and the violence/fight scenes are very well done imo; Magnifique! ^:)^=D=
    Looking forward to reading the rest and getting caught up! :-B(Eventually! :p)

Chapter 1: Love the backstory with Vikka, the scene where Lorn finds her is so devestating, I felt so sorry for her! And love that Lorn's a Dark Jedi, with his own motivations and reasonings for what he does and how he teaches Vikka as her master.

Chapter 2: I feel so bad for Marcus and his father; the way in which his father reacts to having to raise his son without his wife was heatbreaking, and their volatile relationship is so sad, when one thinks of how things might have turned out if his mother had lived. Very interested in seeing what is to become of him going forward, how much darker his story gets.

Chapter 3: I love Darius! Poor guy; while I totally get his parents not wanting to encourage his force powers for fear of the jedi becoming aware of it and taking him from them, I felt so bad for him that his father cared only about having him carry on the business. The backstory with Cyrax and Maria was so sad; I like him as as dark-sider though. It'll be interesting to see how Daruis and Cyrex's master/apprentice relationship plays out, and whether Darius remains in the light.

Chapter 4: Can I just say how much I love Trip and Vikka, together and seperately? Trip is a trip; I love his playful and teasing personality, and his inherent sense of kindness and loyalty. And Vikka is so complex and such a strong person; her use of light side and dark side techniques are awesome, and her struggle to not give in to the dark when overwhelmed by strong negative emotions. Now that these two have a force bond, it'll be very interesting to see how things progress from here in terms of their relationship. [face_tee_hee]

Chapter 5: Ooh, love the developments with Marcus, in the aftermath of his father's death, how strong he is in the force. And Arianna is awesome; very interesting to see if these too manage to make it last, or if Marcus goes down a path Arianna can't follow. :p

25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Valency Jane

Thank You so much for the comments! I love your insights into these early chapters. I hope you like the rest because it all gets crazier from here. :D