main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Currents: AU, OC's, 400 ABY Now at Chapter 28 - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 15, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Brilliant strategy to safeguard both Coruscant and the Jedi ranks. Loved the wisdom and compassion in the talk between Vikka and Joy. Much confiding and advising - excellent points shared between them. Quite a contrast to the Nyeb and Nephros encounter. On the prior note, I am glad Vikka was upfront with Joy about her unusual experience with Marcus/Nephros. Secrecy about such things would've been the worse thing. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Nyeb dusted himself off and walked to the entrance of the apartment. He gave Nephros another smirk before exiting the door. The Sith Lord was alone again, and thoughts of Vikka dominated his mind. He was certain that Vikka and Nyeb would meet again, and he pondered, what would he do if Nyeb tried to kill her? A few tense moments passed before Nephros decided on the obvious answer. If Vikka was as powerful as he thought than she would defeat her former master, and they could resume whatever it was they were sharing. If she died, then she was not worth his efforts.

I am not sure whether this interest in Vikka is healthy for her or not. [face_thinking]

Darth_Furio likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    This is a brilliant thread & I love your talent as a fanfic writer. But I am leaving the boards & I am sorry not to be able to comment any more. This way I just want to say good-bye! And I am not sure if I ever come back! After I received an important PM today, I understood that it is better to leave all behind. Even fanfic!

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

That's so sad Azure, I'm sorry to see you go. I hope everything is ok. :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you early.

Thank you for the thoughtful commment NH. Honesty was the best thing in this situation. One, because at a time like this the Jedi will need unity, and two, she's the grand master of the Order. I doubt you could lie to her. :p

I know you said you're gone but I'm still going to act like you're here Azure. :) Love and the Sith usually never mix well. Usually...

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    The_Zeltron
    Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    Chyntuck
    Ewok Poet

Thank You all for reading. Sorry I've been so slow lately. :)

Fallen Empires Part Three: Immolation

Chapter 18 Part 1: Orbital Battle Station “The Shield,” Coruscant, 400 ABY

Taric Raywood watched the scanners and felt reassured as the Ninth fleet had finally arrived. With the Fifth fleet still recovering from Cyrax’s sneak attack the reinforcements provided by the Ninth’s ships were a welcome addition. The newly arrived ships needed to dock and get resupplied at the orbital shipyards and Taric had begun to direct the traffic. To help secure Coruscant, Taric had reached out to the Corellians and the Hapes Consortium but he was rebuffed as they looked to their own defences. Years of peace had caused the demilitarization of hundreds of worlds. The need for war ships, armies, and navies was almost gone. Taric saw the irony in how centuries of peace was going to lead to the end of that peace.

“Sir!” A distressed technician called to Taric. “Multiple ships have just come out of hyperspace.”
    “How many?” Taric asked.
    “We are counting thirty four ships and hundreds of small droid fighters in total. There are twenty freighters, nine assault frigates, four Star Destroyers and the Tiber.”
    Taric already knew the number of ships in Cyrax’s fleet but seeing the evidence first hand was disconcerting to say the least. “Release all fighters from the Hanger and get the Ninth turned around into defend formations. Have the Shield back up them up so they can launch their fighter squadrons. Have Sword fire on the Tiber, we have to slow down that Super Star Destroyer and give them something to think about. Give me both Admirals on my comm-link and unleash the Fifth fleet from the ship yards.”

The swarm of droid fighters and gunships engulfed the Ninth Fleet before the Imperials could launch their own fighters. Cyrax’s droid fighters had vast numbers and even though they were fodder for the Ninth Fleet’s ship’s turbo lasers they still occupied the Ninth enough that Cyrax’s larger vessels could bombard them. Finally the Imperials launched their star fighters from their orbital station Hanger and they engaged the droids leaving the Ninth’s vessels to tackle the bulk of Cyrax’s fleet.

Taric looked at a holo map that detailed the entire battle with every ship accounted for and colour coded. The biggest concern he had was with the biggest ship Cyrax had. The Tiber was staying well back of the fight but anything that got close to it was swatted out of space. Taric thought that Admiral Wam’kodo had anticipated that he would use Sword against the Tiber and so he did not expose his capital ship to the fire, not yet. This suited Taric fine so he could use Sword against the rest of the enemy fleet. From what he was seeing already, the battle was not going well initially but his ships with the backing of the orbital stations were slowing the tide against them.

Surprisingly five of the assault frigates from Cyrax’s fleet veered from the main group and tried to move against the Fifth Fleet as it deployed off of the Ship yards. The Ackbar Slash tactic worked as the group took out two destroyers from the already severely depleted Fifth Fleet as they placed themselves in the middle of the Fifth’s formations. By going through with such a tactic, they evaded fire because the Fifth’s captains did not want to damage their own ships in the crossfire and Cyrax’s ships could fire a will at a high rate of speed.

When the remaining ships from the Fifth tried to mount a counter attack the Tiber finally joined in the battle and pounded their shields with turbo laser fire that was unrelenting. Taric quickly gave instructions to Sword to attack the Tiber regardless if it was out of an optimal range of attack. The Imperial Navy was chasing the fight which was never an enviable position. Taric loaded up schematics of the Tiber to look for weak spots and to his horror he realized what he was actually up against. The Tiber housed a massive canon that had considerable power. Taric began to wonder why Wam’kodo and Cyrax were waiting to use the weapon. He guessed it was a power issue, and they were waiting for the perfect shot. Taric decided not to worry about it until the Tiber started to move into a different position. Until then he knew the battle would be long and drawn out.

Aboard the Tiber Cyrax and Wam’kodo stood on the bridge and were content with how the battle was progressing, The Tiber and only five other ships were holding the remaining ships of the Fifth fleet and the rest of their fleet was holding down the larger Ninth Fleet. They maintained a safe distance away from Coruscant’s orbital stations but the Imperials were not chasing after them either as to maximize the safety net that those stations provided. Wam’kodo had hoped to draw them out but he knew that his old friend Taric Raywood was not so foolish. The Twi’lek was holding back his most powerful weapon because he knew its use could leave the Tiber vulnerable immediately after a shot. He considered it prudent to take advantage of the ship’s other considerable armaments.

Cyrax had already prepared his ground team which included his turned fallen Jedi Knights. Their mission was dangerous but it was the key to taking the planet itself. Cyrax had a gunship waiting to be deployed to the planet’s surface that would take him to his lab to pick up his virus. All he had to do was infect a few beings and his contagion would start to spread within the population. With Cyrax’s droid ground forces, and their mercenary leaders already giving the CSF and Jedi all they could handle he would then take Imperial Centre and kill the emperor for the symbolic victory alone. Cyrax’s main concern was if Darth Nephros would keep his word and take the fight to the Jedi.

“Lord Cyrax” Wam’kodo interrupted his thoughts. “Lord Nyeb has docked and is approaching the bridge.”
    “Very well Admiral.” Cyrax replied as he turned to the turbolift door. When Nyeb entered Cyrax approached his apprentice and quietly said “We have an intelligence report that points to the Jedi leading an attack on the Tiber.
    “Pointless. They’re fools.” Nyeb dismissed the idea. “Are you concerned?”
    “Of course I am.” Cyrax said clearly annoyed by Nyeb’s lack of vision. “A team of Jedi could take this ship if they managed to infiltrate it. They’ve already infiltrated the Tiber before and that is why you will remain here.”
    “What of the Jedi on the planet?” Nyeb objected. “You will need me.”
    “I already have my Force Knights with me and Nephros is on his way. I can feel his presence approaching.” Cyrax said.
    “He will betray you Lord Cyrax, you know it. Your Knights are not as powerful as I am either.”
    “No they are not as powerful as you my apprentice but they are valuable in other ways. They are an example of the Jedi’s failure.”

“I understand master. I wanted a chance at the Jedi before Nephros arrived.” Nyeb replied.
    “Leave your personal squabbles aside Lord Nyeb.” Cyrax warned. “As for Nephros, after he kills the Grand Master I will have him destroyed. With my Force Knights and an elite squad of Mandalorian mercenaries with me, Nephros will be killed.” Cyrax said confidently. “Your old apprentice and her lover will be on the strike team coming here. If they succeed and board the ship you must destroy them. We cannot lose the Tiber
    “Very well Cyrax.” Nyeb conceded.
    “Good my apprentice. Do not fail me Lord Nyeb.” Cyrax warned again as he walked towards Wam’kodo. “Admiral, if the Tiber is about to be taken by the enemy, destroy everything you can and you will have your vengeance against the Empire.”
    “Yes my Lord.” Wam’kodo said as he bowed his head and considered what Cyrax was saying.
    “The time of our ascension is at hand.” Cyrax said to Wam’kodo and Nyeb. “If we execute our plans we will be the last men standing and the galaxy will be ours.”

Cyrax entered the turbolift and rode to the hanger bay. His Force Knights and Mandalorians were awaiting him. He boarded the gunship and they all came in behind their leader. Cyrax looked around and thought to himself that he was so close to his ultimate vision. Decades of planning and gathering assets like politicians and military strength were about to bear fruit. He envisioned himself in the middle of the senate dictating the laws and rules of his new age of dominance. Cyrax believed that he was unstoppable now, there was nothing that could stand his way.

Imperial Centre – Coruscant

Master Joy and Darius Baron entered the CSF headquarters in Imperial Centre with three other Jedi Knights in tow. They entered the appropriately called war room that was the main nerve centre of the Empire’s forces. From here they could track every movement of every vehicle, star ship and soldier in their forces. The fighting had spread over numerous fronts especially at two locations that the Empire had anticipated as Cyrax’s main targets. The senate square and Jedi Temple were the correctly anticipated spots while oddly, the Fobosi Medical Centre was the other main front that Cyrax’s soldiers and droids were attacking. CSF soldiers and Jedi team leaders had been dispatched to every front and were holding their positions, and in some cases advancing.

Thankfully Coruscant’s citizens for the most part had heeded their Emperor’s advice and stayed out of the streets and sky lanes. Master Joy was especially encouraged by that as she knew Cyrax could appear planet side at any moment. Being in the war room was the best place for her to locate and meet him whenever he entered the field. Master Joy had to give Cyrax credit for being able to hide, and collect the massive amount of droids, and vehicles that were on the ground. Even against the overwhelming odds she was still confident that the Jedi and the CSF would prevail because live soldiers were always more effective than droids. The droids had numbers but the imperial military had skills and steeled hearts.

“Is there any sign that Cyrax has made it to the Surface?” Joy asked.
    “No Master Jedi.” A technician looked up and responded. “We have facial recognition programs searching for him all over the planet and so far there are no matches.”
    Master Baron produced a data card and handed it to the tech. “Here are images of the faces of Jedi Knights that have defected and joined Cyrax’s cause. You must monitor for them as well please.”
    The tech took the data card and inserted it into his console. “Of course Master Jedi. We will contact you the moment we find something.”
    “Monitor any larger ships that are deployed from the Tiber.” Master Joy suggested. “I believe Cyrax is there.”
    “I agree Master.” Darius added. “I can feel my former master’s presence in the Force. He is close. You intend to confront him don’t you Master Joy?”
    Joy gave a reassuring smile to Darius before saying, “No Darius. You will engage Cyrax and his fallen Jedi. I have faith that you will stop him before he unleashes whatever it is he has produced for us. Wipe any doubt from your mind and rest assured that you will be the one left standing.”
    “Thank You Master Joy but forgive me for saying this,” Darius pulled Joy by the hand out of earshot of anyone else. “Are you planning on confronting Darth Nephros?”
    “He must be stopped Darius.” Joy said sternly. “I know you feel that my intentions may be tainted because he took Brun from me but I assure you, I have meditated on this at length. My intentions are to stop him from tipping the scales of the Force over to the Dark Side.”
    “The Force always seeks balance Master.” Darius replied.
    “Even though the Light and Dark Side are pieces of a whole Darius, I fear there are not enough Jedi to bring the Force back into balance if we fail.”

Coruscanti Air Space

Vikka was never a star fighter pilot but she was always comfortable flying the Ulik. She had stayed longer in space then she was required because Vikka wanted to help the empire’s star fighter pilots. While she and Trip were waiting for confirmation that Cyrax was planet side, she amassed a kill count of twelve droid fighters and was she looking for more. Trip on the other hand was turning green due to Vikka’s maneuvers and tricks while in flight. Self admittedly, Trip was never a strong pilot or passenger in any vessel. He was always happy to let Vikka do the flying while he managed the manual weapons systems. Together they were an asset in the space battle, but they both knew at any moment Master Joy would notify them that Cyrax had left the Tiber.

“You never told me who taught you how to fly Vikka.” Trip asked
    “You have the worst timing Vrand.” Vikka mocked. “I mean Coruscant itself might fall and you’re wondering who taught me how to fly.”
    “That’s not an answer.” Trip pressed with a wry smile.
    “Master Nyeb taught me. Are you happy now?”
    “No, now I feel like hurling again.”

Vikka picked up three accompanying fighters and moved the Ulik closer to the Tiber in anticipation of their eventual docking. The outside of the massive Super Star Destroyer was a hive of activity as ships and fighters docked and launched with regularity. Both Vikka and Trip sensed a disturbance in the Force that they thought may have been Cyrax leaving his capital ship. On the other hand, Vikka wondered that the source of the disturbance could be the Dark Lord Nephros arriving to Coruscant. Whatever it was Vikka was becoming impatient as she looked for a docking bay with little ship traffic that she could land in. A CSF strike team was going to accompany her and Trip on their mission. These soldiers were a welcome addition as they would allow her and Trip to focus on taking the Tiber. Vikka made sure that Trip and the CSF team were ready as she brought the Ulik into the belly of the Tiber. As Vikka touched the ship down within the docking bay, she saw about two dozen battle droids waiting for them. Vikka used the cannons from her ship to scatter and destroy most of the droids and keep their landing zone clear.

The two Jedi Knights led the CSF commandos off the ship and they spread throughout the docking bay to make sure they had secured the area. As they set their positions more battle droids accompanied by heavily armoured assault droids entered the hanger. The machines opened fire on the team immediately and made them all run for cover. Vikka and Trip on the other hand, had ignited their lightsabres and moved cohesively across the bay striking down droid after droid. The CSF team joined in by using heavy blaster rifles and grenades on the assault droids. Within minutes even more droids entered the bay and the Jedi Knights realized they were all hemmed in.

“Any ideas?” Vikka asked Trip as she deflected a series of blaster bolts. “We need to get out of here.”
    “Yeah, I got one. Wait here.” Trip said with a wink of his eye and a smirk on his face.

Trip reached behind his back and produced a thermal detonator. He activated the weapon and rushed towards the largest group of droids with Force enhanced speed. Trip leaped in the air and dropped within the group of droids and spun his lightsabre three hundred and sixty degrees destroying the droids closest to him. He lodged the thermal detonator in another droid’s chassis and leaped out of the circle and back to Vikka. As soon as he landed the device exploded clearing the droids and making a path for the team.

“Impressive.” Vikka said truthfully. “What took you so long to pull that one out?” She continued to say as she smiled.
    “Let’s go get us a ship.” Trip said firmly. “I want Nyeb.”

Continuing through the Tiber was not as difficult as Vikka and Trip thought it would be. The number of battle droids became fewer and fewer until there were none on the lower levels from the hanger bays. Turbo lifts had brought the strike team to the mid storage levels of the vessel which were empty. Cyrax obviously did not concern himself with staffing the ship with beings. Instead, he had droids all over the ship. Both Vikka and Trip were surprised by the ease of their ascension through the vessel and when they arrived at the next set of turbo lifts they were not surprised that their string of good fortune had ended. A wall of Mandalorian warriors stood shoulder to shoulder in front of them with their weapons drawn.

Trip held up the group and quickly everyone from both sides had weapons pointed at an enemy. The Mandalorians and the dozen battle droids behind them suddenly made a lane and Lorn Nyeb passed through to the front of their line. Nyeb had his lightsabre drawn but not ignited yet. Vikka noticed Nyeb’s lightsabre hilt was different from the blade he carried when they were together as Master and Padawan. She imagined a red blade emerging signifying his descent to the Dark Side of the Force.

“Oh Vikka” Nyeb began. “It has been sometime since we danced on Dathomir. We did not see much of each other on Nar Shaddaa. That was a shame.”
    “No Master. The shame was that Nephros didn’t get the opportunity to finish you once and for all. Did your master save you, or was that us?”
    “Ah yes. You and the Sith. Your ability to form Force bonds has brought you closer to him hasn’t it?
    “What is he talking about?” Trip asked.
    Nyeb chuckled before saying “When I threatened to kill Vikka in front of the mighty Dark Lord, he became enraged. He clearly has feelings for your schutta Master Trip. Now that she is here though, I’ll get my vengeance, and then Nephros will seek me out, and when I destroy him my part in this war will be played out.”
    “Not happening.” Trip said as he ignited his lightsabre. “You won’t get the chance to fight your Sith friend because I’m going to finish you here and now.”

Trip had taken a huge risk in attacking but he knew the CSF strike commander would have noticed that his team could take cover behind some durasteel boxes sitting along the walls. Nyeb had taken the bait and met Trip head on with his own lightsabre. They quickly exchanged a few blows and parries until Vikka joined in and now Nyeb was totally on the defensive. The three warriors had moved themselves out of the way of the blaster exchange between the CSF commandos and the Mandalorians. The battle had moved from the narrow hallways and into a storage area the size of a warehouse.

Through their bond Trip urged Vikka to help the CSF soldiers but she rebuffed him by not even acknowledging the request. She continued to attack her former master as she had made up her mind that Lorn Nyeb would not leave the Tiber alive. In the back of her mind she was fully aware that she had gone to that darker place of her soul that wanted to punish Lorn Nyeb for all that he did to her. Vikka recalled what Nephros had told her during their conversation via their bond about letting the Dark Side take her, and what it would allow her to do. Her answer then, and her current actions seemed to confirm how naïve she was when she said that she could control any feelings of vengeance.

Over their ear comms Vikka and Trip were contacted by the CSF commander who informed them that they had lost two men but had taken down six of the Mandalorians, and most of their droids. The remaining two Mandalorians had retreated into the lifts and the commander wanted to know if they were to pursue them to the bridge level or assist them. As to not give away what their plan of action would be Vikka told Trip to escort the CSF team to the bridge.

“Trip we need the ship. You have to get to the bridge and finish this.” Vikka said over their Force bond. “I need to be the one to finish Nyeb. Please don’t fight me on this.”
    Of course Trip did not agree “I can’t just leave you. What if…”
    “I won’t lose Trip.” Vikka interrupted while giving Trip a grave stare. “Not this time.”

Trip wasn’t going to win this argument, and he knew Vikka was right. The Tiber, their mission, was the most important thing. With a Force push he gave himself the opportunity to exit and give Vikka an edge as she could now go on the offensive. Nyeb’s eyes momentarily followed Trip out of the room as he rose to his feet and reset his stance. “Do you really think you’ll be taking this ship that easily?” He asked. “Cyrax foresaw that the Jedi would try and retake this ship. We are more than prepared for your paltry boarding party.

Vikka could sense her former master’s high confidence level. To throw him off she attempted her own rouse. “You really don’t think we want this ship? We’re going to burn the kriffing thing down from the inside, and watch you burn in it with all your traitors.”
    “Don Moch from a Jedi? I taught you better than that Vikka.” Nyeb taunted. “I grow tired of these games Vikka. Let us finish this.”

Vikka did not want to wait for him and Nyeb’s aggressive nature led to thundering cross of sabres and the former master and Padawan slashed at each other with violent yet controlled aggression. Each warrior understanding that this could very well be their last battle. Nyeb put his hand out and attempted a Force push but Vikka had absorbed the blow and rewarded him with a roundhouse kick to his ribs. They both heard the crack and the roar that Nyeb had let out. Vikka realized that there was an opportunity to take advantage of his wounds. With quick and accurate strikes she attempted to push Nyeb into a mistake. Even in a weakened state Nyeb parried her attacks and landed a Force push that put some space in between them.

With a moment to regroup, Lorn Nyeb’s usual self-control was overcome by the Dark Side and he attempted to focus it on his hatred for Vikka. As a Jedi he was taught to calm his mind but Cyrax had opened his eyes to the loudness and emotions of the Dark Side. Nyeb now acknowledged the anger that was always inside of him, and he used it to compartmentalize the physical pain of his injuries. The former Jedi Master attacked with a renewed vigour and now it was Vikka who was in some disbelief. Just when she thought she had gained an advantage the tide turned again.

“I feel the doubt in your heart Vikka.” Nyeb said. “Your confidence is fading. The Dark Side is realigning the balance of the Force. I will first destroy you, then your lover, then the Jedi, and finally Cyrax. The galaxy will be mine.”
    “Oh master you’ve set some lofty goals for yourself.” Vikka countered while the two of them circled each other. “You aren’t the darkness. You’re but a shadow of the man you were when you were a Jedi. Master Exas had always cared for you. Now you’re exactly what you told me not to become. You’re a farce, and the Jedi are going to win this insurrection and put you all down. I’m going to start with you.”

Vikka launched herself at Nyeb with the Light Side of the Force following through her. She was in perfect calm but committed to her attack in her familiar Ataru style. She used broad strokes and sweeps with her blade that would usually leave a duelist open for counter attacks but Vikka was moving at such speeds that the untrained eye she would only look like a blur. Nyeb parried every blow as he had taught her and knew her fighting style well. Vikka realized that her best lightsabre tactics may not have been good enough but her cunning would make up for it. She leaped into the air again using the falling leaf technique that usually had the practitioner raising their blade with two hands over their head. Vikka held her lightsabre in her right hand and Nyeb thought he would get an easy kill with a quick strike but instead with her left hand, Vikka fired a shiv from her wrist launcher

The Shiv planted itself into Nyeb’s left shoulder and with a roar of pain instead of recoiling backwards he lashed out. Dark Side Lightning emanated from the tips of his fingers and the attack caught Vikka in the air as her lightsabre was raised above her head. She had never seen her former master use the technique and she was upset with herself because she should have expected it. Vikka fell to the floor hard and she was fortunate that Nyeb’s shoulder wound was grave enough that he had to back off of the attack. Vikka struggled to her feet and Nyeb was struggling to stand. Both of them were fatigued, and they both knew that neither would relent.

Unexpectedly to Vikka, Trip had called out to her over their bond. Through the Force bond Vikka could sense that Trip was in trouble and worried. “Vikka we’re pinned down up here. Another team of Mandalorians got onto the bridge and most of my team is dead. ”
    “I’m in the middle of the fight of my life Trip.” Vikka replied. “We can’t let Nyeb win here.”
    “The mission Vikka. Your master isn’t the mission.” Trip answered with anger.
    “What do you think is going to happen here if I disengage Trip? I have him wounded, I can feel him weakening.” Vikka snapped back while at the same time circling with Nyeb.
    “You’ve all of a sudden become distracted Vikka.” Nyeb said. “Is your lover having a difficult time taking the bridge? Those Mandalorians know how to make an entrance.”
    “He’s fine.” Vikka said defiantly.
    “Oh no he isn’t. It’s time to press our advantage.”

Nyeb threw his lightsabre at Vikka with the Force enhancing his throw and she barely batted it off to the side. To her surprise Nyeb had escaped the room, and was presumably on his way to the bridge. Vikka took his lightsabre and held both blades as she ran after him. Nyeb did not take the turbo lift and disappeared up another corridor. Vikka followed and without knowing where she was going she quickly became lost and frustrated that she would have to double back to the lifts.

“I’m on my way Trip. Nyeb left me and he’s on his way to you.” Vikka warned over their bond.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Agree with Taric's ironic observation that years of peace with a sudden need for armament and defense - could and probably would lead to defeat. [face_thinking] Cyrax is full of certainty about victory and Nyeb really had Vikka over the philosophical barrel. [face_worried] Talk about tainted intentions. Yikes! Joy and Darius - I liked her assurances about his victory and her intentions/motivation.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thank You Nyota. Always appreciate the feed back. :) It's easy for Nyeb to make a judgement on Vikka as he knows her very intimately. It's only going to get more confusing for her. I really like how Joy is turning out and how she is nurturing Darius. I'll have an update by the middle or end of next week.

Jedi Knight Fett and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love Taric. I hope Trip and Vikka will win. That destroyer is dangerous

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

I enjoyed writing Taric. I'm reusing him from a RPG I was in. Thank you early.

The_Zeltron
    Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    Chyntuck
    Ewok Poet

Thank you all for reading.

Chapter 18 part 2

When there was no answer Vikka slammed the lift’s interface to the bridge as she now had to wait. She expected some type of ambush, and with the injuries from the Force Lightning Vikka needed a plan. She cut a hole in the lift’s roof, leaped up, and waited while the lift arrived to the bridge. When it finally stopped she looked below into the car, and as the doors opened blaster bolts few into the car. Vikka took the two lightsabres she had and ignited them. She dropped into the lift car, and looked out to see only three of the CSF commandoes had remained. They were pinned, and were taking cover behind a computer console. On the opposite side of the control room, there were seven Mandalorians behind another console with a uniformed Twi’lek. Vikka assumed that the officer was Admiral Wam’kodo, and in the middle of it all was Nyeb and Trip dealing blows to each other.

Lorn Nyeb was fighting Trip with his old blue bladed lightsabre from when he was a Jedi. Trip had cut Vikka off from their bond, and Vikka had to choose between the CSF team and Trip. Suddenly the decision was made for her as two of the Mandalorians opened fire on her and she was forced to bat the blaster bolts back with her lightsabres. When she approached the Mandalorians they broke formation and took up position around her. Battle droids and Wam’kodo held the CSF commandoes in place so Vikka was left with her compatriots to contend with.

Three of the Mandalorians took to the air while the others took aim at Vikka. She whirled the lightsabres with incredible speed, and created a shield of light that deflected the blaster bolts coming towards her. Vikka rolled into one of the Mandalorians and sprung up in front of him. She quickly dispatched him with a Force push. In the next motion she swung both blades at the Mandalorian that was coming in next to her. The blades bounced off the beskar armour, and Vikka quickly resorted to brute force. With the Force guiding and enhancing her strength and speed, Vikka extinguished her blades, and took the Mandalorian by the arm. Vikka threw him at one of his comrades, and in just a few moves, she had momentarily put down three enemies. The other four Mandalorians were aiming their weapons at her once again. Knowing that she would be under fire in moments, Vikka reignited her blades, and fought off the incoming blaster bolts. She had become extremely confident in her lightsabre abilities, and her proficiency to wield the Force. At that moment she was about to launch her body at the Mandalorians to strike at them, but before she could, Vikka heard an all too familiar booming voice call out to her.

“Vikka!” Lorn Nyeb called out to her.
    As Vikka looked over at Nyeb she saw Trip under the tip of his blade. “No” she said to herself knowing that Trip was about to die because of her. “Don’t do it Master. Please.” Vikka appealed.
    “This is why I told you to leave such relationships behind.” Nyeb burned Trip’s cheek with the tip of his blade. Trip made a grunt but fought the urge to make any other sound louder than that. “They make you weak Vikka.”
    “His love has made me a better person.” Vikka replied.
    “Now your love is going to get him killed.” Nyeb roared as he lifted his leg to stomp on Trip’s head.

Through their bond, Trip warned Vikka that he was about to make an escape. When he did, Vikka threw her lightsabre at Trip who caught it, and immediately ignited it to engage Nyeb. Vikka was left free to attack the now grouped together Mandalorians with a Force push that caught them by surprise. Vikka was left with Nyeb’s red blade, and she quickly speared two of the regrouping Mandalorians. In close quarters she had the advantage, and she pressed that advantage with surgical strikes that took down two more Mandalorians. The remaining ones produced beskar blades, and engaged her in combat. Vikka was impressed with their abilities but she quickly used the Force to enhance her speed, and strength once again. She was simply too fast, and too good for the Mandalorians. One by one they fell to her attacks. Vikka started to feel satisfaction creep into her mind, as she knew all too well where such feelings would lead. She centred herself by taking a two deep breaths. Feeling gratification at other beings dying was not the Jedi way, nor her own.

Vikka looked over at Nyeb and Trip and saw that they were attacking one another with ferocious blows once again. She debated whether to help him or take back the bridge of the Tiber. She knew what Trip would want. As she turned she realized that Admiral Wam’kodo had defeated the remaining CSF commandoes, and had locked his part of the bridge down with a massive durasteel patrician protected by ray shielding. Vikka was forced to help Trip, and as she approached the two of them, Nyeb looked over at her smirking as he then kicked Trip in the stomach. The blow doubled Trip over and in a swift movement, Nyeb brought his knee up, and connected with Trip’s chin knocking him unconscious.

“Let us finally finish this Vikka, once and for all.” Nyeb said as he wiped his brow with his sleeve.
    “I agree Lorn, once and for all.” She replied with contempt in her voice.

Vikka attacked, and through the Force she felt herself and her master draw upon their respective sides. The Dark Side was flowing through her master, and his disdain for her could be seen within his eyes. Nyeb fought her with a ferocity that surprised her. His hatred for her had truly grown to a point that even Vikka wanted to understand why. He had to have known that his method of doing things would never have resulted in anything. There was no communication between them except for how much they wanted to destroy one another through the power of their strikes. Vikka wanted to give the Jedi a badly needed victory, and Nyeb wanted to finally get his vengeance, and prove his worth to his new master. Their lightsabres swirled, blurred, and smashed against each other time after time. They occasionally paused to regard each other, but each time they reengaged their attacks.

Lorn Nyeb’s journey had seen him be a Jedi Knight, an Imperial agent, and in that time he attained the rank of Jedi Master. Nyeb then lost the distinction because of his violent outbursts and brutal teaching methods. However, he had engineered those outbursts as to lose the rank of Master on purpose. Being a Master meant greater responsibility, and when those responsibilities were taken away from him, he had the time to work with the Imperials. At his height, Nyeb was richer than any Jedi, arguably their best swordsman in the Order, and because of the schutta in front of him, he had lost it all. Now he served a Dark Lord of the Sith, and Nyeb was surrounded by the darkness that he had always avoided falling prey to. Cyrax had re-forged him into a weapon with the promise of power, and the shared vision of revenge on the Jedi Order. At this moment the only vengeance he sought was the death of his last Padawan.

“You’re weakening Vikka” Nyeb mocked. “I can sense it.”
    “So are you Lorn.” Vikka immediately replied.
    “Can’t you see it’s all falling down around you? As we speak our fleet is decimating the Empire’s ships, and soon we will destroy the orbital battle stations. The fire power of the Tiber is unmatched in the galaxy.” Nyeb explained.
    “That’s why we’re going to take it back.” Vikka said defiantly as she circled him and fainted with a small swipe.
    “We?” Nyeb asked. “Your lover is defeated. The Mandalorians have held the bridge, and I am about to defeat you. The Jedi have lost, and this Empire of fools is about to crumble.”
    “You served them happily, took their credits, and killed on their command. Now you call them fools? You were nothing more than an assassin.” Vikka countered. “Worse of all, you had me convinced we were doing something positive for the galaxy.”
    “How did you like moonlighting as an assassin?” Nyeb said “They were always a means to an end, and I believe I was deceived. Now I am perfectly placed though. I always intended to make a play on the Emperor. After Cyrax does the hard work, I will finish him, and take Coruscant for myself.”
    “Spoken like a true blind Sith. Nephros was right.” Vikka exclaimed. “You’re just an afterthought Lorn. Cyrax will see you coming. It is the way of the Sith, isn’t it?”
    “Nephros? Is he your new beloved?” Nyeb mocked again while nodding at the unconscious Trip. “Tread carefully with that one Vikka. His anger and power is far beyond anything you’ve ever encountered. He carries something for you. I have seen it firsthand. He threatened me when I mentioned your name.”
    Vikka paused with the thought of Nephros revealing something about her to Nyeb. “I don’t know what you’re rambling about. He wants to destroy everything. He will come for the Jedi and then he’ll come to kill your master as well. Darth Nephros wants us all to burn. He will have to decide his own fate.”
    “His fate could be tied to yours, and your fate tied to his Vikka. Have you ever considered it? I believe you might be the only one that can speak to that beast, and get through to him.”

Through the Force Vikka was suddenly overwhelmed by a presence. In the next instant she saw blood red eyes, and she felt the fury that could only belong to one being. She had unintentionally opened their bond, and had allowed Darth Nephros to veer into her thoughts. For that moment she was back on that alternate plain of existence where she and Nephros had met before. For those brief seconds that Vikka and Nephros were together she understood. It was not rage that was in his eyes, it was concern. Perhaps the connection was not unintentional after all, perhaps Vikka wanted to reach out to Nephros. The thought did not scare her, it gave her strength.

Vikka was snapped back to the reality of Lorn Nyeb approaching her and launching an attack of Sith lightning that she caught with her lightsabre. Nyeb grinded down his teeth as he raised the intensity of his attack. He was bent on dominating her and then making Vikka suffer. Vikka held her ground and she somehow felt that Nephros was helping her. Vikka did not know for certain, but her mind and her heart were telling her that there was someone else, another presence fortifying her. She believed it was the Dark Lord, and even though Nephros was the most unlikely of allies it was a welcome assist during this battle. The power and will of the Force were an amazing thing, in that power and reassurance could be transferred over a bond that simply exists without rhyme or reason.

Vikka surprised Nyeb by advancing step by step on Nyeb. He spoke but Vikka could not hear Nyeb over the roar of the lightning that was buzzing the distance between. Through the Force, Vikka sensed another presence, and when she turned, a Mandalorian warrior was advancing behind her. By being caught between Nyeb and his henchmen, she was put at a disadvantage. Vikka had to break off her advance on Nyeb and try to regroup to counter the approaching Mandalorian. She successfully Force pushed her former master as he was too focused on his barrage of Sith Lightning to stop her. Nyeb was forced back, and now Vikka leapt at the Mandalorian who produced his own beskar sword.

After a quick series of blows Vikka bested the Mandalorian and as she turned back to Nyeb she was too late to notice he had thrown his lightsabre at her like a spear. All Vikka could do was try and side step the attack but Lorn had plunged his lightsabre into Vikka’s left shoulder. The wound was originally aimed at her heart but Vikka’s side step saved her life. Nonetheless, Lorn Nyeb had the upper hand now and he called the fallen Madalorian’s beskar sword to his hand. Instinctively Vikka fired her shivs at Nyeb but he deflected the attack, and he pressed her with a quick flurry of swings of his own lightsabre and the Mandalorian blade. Vikka barely parried the blows with the red lightsabre in her right hand. She was relying on the Force heavily as she tried to bury the pain into the back of her mind, but the fatigue had finally caught up with her.

“You saw him didn’t you?” Nyeb asked. “You communed with Nephros for that moment. I sensed his presence briefly. Oh, I cannot wait to let him know he was the key to your death.”

In anger, Vikka fought back with wild slashes but there was not enough strength behind her attacks since her injury. Nyeb parried her swings and finally got into Vikka’s now feeble defence. He struck her with a well-placed elbow to her chest and knocked the wind out of her. Vikka dropped the lightsabre, and fell to her knees due to impact of the strike and exhaustion. She suddenly thought that this was the end. Trip was not around to save her this time and she could not feel him in the Force either. For unknown reasons, she reached out to Nephros through their bond and strangely enough he did not reject her. However, all she felt was his rage. Somehow she knew it was not directed at her, it was for Lorn. That was most likely why Nyeb felt Nephros through the Force. Vikka produced a small smile on her face as the thought of a Dark Lord of the Sith caring for her. The idea made her inevitable death somewhat bearable. As Nyeb raised the blade to bring it down upon her, Vikka reached back to Nephros and sent him reassuring thoughts.

“No Lord Nyeb, wait!” A voice called out. “Lord Cyrax does not want the Jedi killed.”
    “What?!” Nyeb roared. “He will not take my vengeance from me. Not when I’m so close.”
    Admiral Wam’kodo approached and gave Nyeb the holo message from Cyrax. In his anger he knocked Vikka out with the hilt of his sword and crushed the holo transmitter in his hand without even listening to the message. “Put binders on them immediately and take them to the detention level. Isolate them and put the woman in the embrace.”
    “Yes my Lord.” Wam’kodo replied. “Do you wish to make contact with Lord Cyrax?”
    “I will contact him myself in my quarters.”

Lorn Nyeb marched to his living quarters and as soon as he closed the door he collapsed to his knees from exhaustion. He knew that Vikka was close to beating him if she had continued her assault. He was truly fortunate that Vikka had momentarily lost her focus. Her actions led him to think that the connection between Darth Nephros and Vikka was stronger than he had anticipated. Nephros’ reaction on Corellia, and Vikka’s failure against him, proved that they made each other vulnerable. Their connection was something he could exploit. Nyeb picked himself up and dressed his wounds. Vikka had become powerful Nyeb thought to himself. If she and Nephros paired together they would be almost unstoppable. He would have to consider this in his own plans.

He activated his comm device to speak to Cyrax and waited for his master’s image to appear. “Lord Nyeb, well done. Admiral Wam’kodo tells me you defeated the Jedi strike team.” Cyrax began without addressing Nyeb’s concern.
    “Leaving them alive is dangerous.” Nyeb began explain. “Let me destroy them.”
    “No my apprentice. If Nephros fails I might need them for leverage against the Jedi later on.” Cyrax replied with an edge to his voice. “Keep them detained and secured.”
    “Yes master.” Nyeb conceded as he wondered whether to tell his master about the revelation of Nephros and Vikka’s relationship.
    “I have informed Admiral Wam’kodo to push the Tiber forward and destroy the Imperial fleets.” Cyrax informed.
    “What of your mission my Lord?” Nyeb asked.
    “I have obtained my virus. I had a trusted courier bring it to me from my lab in Corellia. All I need now is a carrier to put it into the general population. Finding a host will take time. The population has scattered and taken refuge faster than I thought they would.”
    “The Jedi?” Nyeb asked with genuine interest.
    “They are leading Coruscant’s military against our battle droids and mercenaries. They’re spread thin.” Cyrax trailed off while obviously pondering something until a smile developed on his face. “I know where I’ll find my host Lord Nyeb.”
    “Where master?”
    “The Jedi Temple.”

Jedi Temple Coruscant – Coruscant

Cyrax, ten of his fallen Jedi, and a battalion of battle droids arrived at the Jedi Temple in drop ships provided by the Tiber. His plan was simple. By defacing the Jedi Temple he knew the Jedi would not stand for it. Cyrax wanted to find any Jedi and infect them with his virus when they came to defend their Temple. He felt that having a Jedi spread the virus would be the ultimate insult and a perfect symbol of the Jedi’s failure. The exterior of the Temple had taken extensive damage as Cyrax had already ordered that it to be one of the first buildings to be bombarded during the invasion. A quick sweep of the building had revealed that there was no one within the temple. Cyrax assumed that the Grand Master had arranged for the youngest Padawans and younglings to be evacuated and taken off world before the invasion. It was of small consequence to him. Cyrax would eventually find them and destroy what was left of the Jedi Order after he had decimated it on Coruscant. Cyrax wanted to find the Grand Master and cut out the Jedi Order’s heart.

Cyrax marched up the temple steps until he sensed a familiar presence. He turned and saw Darius Baron with a team of Jedi Knights and a dozen CSF soldiers behind him. He was overjoyed with the incredible luck he had. Not only would Cyrax be able to unleash his virus but he would use it on Darius’ men. Cyrax had meditated heavily on this moment when he and his former apprentice would meet again on the battle field. It had been years, and now his former apprentice would be the key to his success. With a flick of his hand Cyrax made his fallen Jedi traitors and droids turn towards Darius and his group. The Dark Lord walked through the middle of his assemblage and down the Temple steps to face Darius.

Darius crossed the courtyard and assessed the damage to the exterior of the Temple. He was saddened by the devastation to his home and the fact that he was not there to help protect it. He knew there was not much he could have done to prevent air strikes, but nonetheless, it was difficult to see the temple in this state. Statues of great Jedi from the past like Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Grand Master Yoda used to stand proudly but now most were ruined and had been turned into rubble. As Darius got closer he saw Cyrax come to the fore of his forces to meet him. The former master and apprentice stood inches away from each other and they stared into each other’s eyes.

Cyrax broke the silence first. “Do you understand the severity of what has happened here and what will come Darius? I have won.”
    “As long as a Jedi draws breath you haven’t won anything.” Darius countered.
    “That will be remedied soon enough.” Cyrax said. “You can’t stop this.”
    “I will.” Darius finished the conversation by drawing his lightsabre and igniting it.
    All of Cyrax’s fallen Jedi and Darius’ Jedi Knights ignited their own lightsabres and charged at one another. Cyrax disengaged away from Darius and instead attacked his Jedi Knights. As Darius watched Cyrax leave him he was quickly met by three of the fallen Jedi. Darius engaged and with masterful strokes of his lightsabre, he quickly dispatched two of the traitors in short order. The dozens of battle droids had begun attacking and they in turn, were attacked by the CSF. Lightsabres whirled and blaster bolts flew in a flurry of activity. Darius had taken out four of the traitors already and while he had a moment he looked for Cyrax’s red blade. When he finally saw his former master he saw him slay one of his knights.

Darius walked through the battle and took down three battle droids with a well-placed Force push and walked up to Cyrax again. The Sith turned and dropped a two handed slam on Darius who parried the blow, and then made a hard horizontal swipe of his own. Cyrax moved out of the way and landed a kick in Darius’ midsection. To his surprise the Sword of the Jedi barely moved and Darius went in for his own attack. The two Ataru masters attacked each other ferociously but Darius was clearly the better swordsman. Cyrax however, was able to negate that advantage by using the Force to help him move faster than Darius. It was a sound strategy until Cyrax eventually began to slow down from the extensive use of the Force.

One of Cyrax’s fallen Jedi joined them and Cyrax used the ex-Jedi to give himself a moment of rest. The traitor had become a decoy while Cyrax looked for an opening. Darius did not present one though, as he quickly struck down the traitor. He made two steps towards Cyrax with a look in his eyes that could melt durasteel. Darius was determined to stop Cyrax and was about to initiate another series of blows until Cyrax produced a small vile with a bright blue liquid in it. Darius stopped in his tracks and watched as Cyrax brought it between them.

“You know what this is Darius, don’t you?” Cyrax said
    “So you finally completed your virus then?” Darius said while lowering his sabre.
    “Once I infect one of your own men it will be only a matter of time before the contagion spreads and wreaks havoc here.”
    “If you waited this long that means you haven’t found a host yet. It won’t be us.” Darius declared. “I have already spoken to my fellow Jedi Knights. We would all gladly take our own lives before we allow this virus to do anything.”
    “I love noble sacrifices Darius. What you fail to understand is that once the virus mixes with living cells it will infect quickly and spread with the host’s very breathe. I will…”

Suddenly Darius threw himself at Cyrax and the Sith was caught by surprise. Darius slammed his shoulder into Cyrax’s gut and the vile went up into the air. As Darius was about to catch it, Cyrax pulled it with the Force to himself. Darius swung his lightsabre at the vile but missed the tiny object and Cyrax caught the vile. The Sith leaped away again with the Force enhancing his speed. Cyrax stopped in front of a CSF soldier and grabbed him from the throat with a Force choke. As the soldier gasped for breathe Cyrax took the vile and flicked it open with his thumb. He poured its contents into the man’s mouth and dropped him.

Darius approached and saw the man clench his stomach and start to cough and spit up. His eyes seemed to turn red and bloodshot within moments. Cyrax smiled as he watched the infection spread through the host’s body. Field medics came to the aid of their fallen comrade while another two soldiers fired a Cyrax. The Sith batted the blaster bolts away with his lightsabre and struck them down. Darius watched in horror as the medics worked and he realized that the coughing from the original host would infect the medics as well.

As terrible as it was, Darius ordered the medics back but it was too late as the man that was handling the infected soldier began to cough as well. The virus was suddenly airborne and Darius could see that this had quickly become a lost battle. Darius watched as Cyrax stood there enjoying the sight of three beings dying at his feet.

“Retreat.” Darius said into his comm. “All units fall back to base one. Do not touch the infected men. I repeat do not touch them or approach them. We have to let them die.” The Jedi said with remorse in his voice. “A quarantine of the Jedi Temple must be initiated and my men and I must be tested.”

Darius walked backwards as Cyrax spoke into his own comm-link and told his forces to press the attack onto his former apprentice’s team. “I’ll see you at Imperial Centre Darius.” Cyrax said proudly. “I have enough of the virus to infect the planet. These three are only the beginning. “

Darius was attacked by a brave mercenary that he quickly cut down and suddenly he realized that Cyrax’s men must have already taken the antidote before the invasion. Darius collected the body of the mercenary and loaded it into his transport. He ordered a retreat to Imperial Centre and left the infected men to die with a heavy heart. The faith that Master Joy had put into him had been rewarded with failure, and now with the virus airborne there was even more for Coruscant to deal with. His saving grace was that he had collected the body of one of Cyrax’s men. Darius prayed that the Empire’s physicians could concoct an antidote from the blood. Darius could only hope this was not a defining defeat.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew, Vikka is awesome! Just amazing with lightsaber and fortitude! The link to Nephros - cool twist there lending her strength. [face_thinking] Wow, the sithly schemes within schemes all twisty like a maze! Cyrax has all kinds of contingency and simultaneous plans. [face_nail_biting] This virus thingy is the most worrisome because it will spread through the general population and literally draw in a large number of innocents who have no connection to the military or Jedi either.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope Vikka and Trip will be saved and that the virus can be neutralized

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

I'm glad you like Vikka NH. I have fun writing her. :) The Sith always have something scheming, Nephros is everyone's wrench. :p

Thanks EW. Both Vikka and Trip have larger parts to play. :p

Thanks for reading ladies. It looks like you're the last ones left. Much appreciated. I'll have something up, Monday lastest. :)

14. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    Chyntuck

This is a big chapter that I'm working on so It'll come out a piece at a time. Hope you like it and thank you for reading! :)

Chapter 19 Part 1

Chapter 19: Orbit of Coruscant 400 ABY

Taric Raywood watched the holo-boards and could see that he was fighting a losing battle. Cyrax’s Navy led by Admiral Wam’kodo was dealing his forces heavy blows. Taric’s counter punches were not as effective as he would have liked. The weakened stated of the Fifth and Ninth Fleets had Coruscant at a disadvantage. The orbital battle stations were limited in their range. The numerous fighter squadrons had done well in that they had gained an advantage over the droid fighters but the number of capital ships including the Tiber, were becoming too much for Taric’s forces. They were holding on and hoping that the Jedi strike team would complete their mission and take the Tiber back from Cyrax. Unfortunately there had been no word from the Jedi Knights that had boarded.

What had also concerned Taric was that the Tiber had begun using its main cannon which made a devastating amount of damage to anything that it fired at. Taric had a surprise tactic he could use against the Super Star Destroyer, but it was a last resort. He was ordered to try and hold back attacking attempts on the Tiber during the battle and give the Jedi time. However, the lack of information regarding the Jedi’s mission forced Taric to fear the worse and he would be forced to attack the Tiber for the good of his soldiers and ships.

Taric’s first wave would be the Empire’s own droid controlled fighters that he had contracted the Fondorian ship yards to design and build. The difference between Taric’s droid fighters, and Cyrax’s, was that Taric’s were built to bury themselves into their target, and destroy it with a formidable explosive payload. Taric had these fighters built for this type of situation where a massive war ship was attacking Coruscant. He had always known the inevitability that Coruscant would be attacked, regardless of the Empire’s strict laws on building war ships and limited militarization laws.

Taric deployed his squadron of bomber droids from the Hanger and he controlled them from Sword. The bombers were immediately met by two of Wam’kodo’s corvettes and a handful of droid fighters. Taric had repurposed a few fighters of his own to escort the bombers and they had to engage the incoming attackers. If this attack run was to work he needed the maximum amount of bombers to make it to the Tiber and drop their payload. After a brief exchange, Taric’s escort fighters had done their job. They had helped almost eighty percent of the bombers through to the Tiber. Taric had even used the bombers to down the two intercepting corvettes. When his ships arrived at the Tiber they found that the Super Star Destroyer had repositioned itself to attack them. Taric had a plan of landing explosives into the Tiber’s bridge but now that Wam’kodo had exposed the ship’s starboard weapon systems it was too risky to fly across them because many of Taric’s bombers would be destroyed before they hit their strike points.

Taric rethought his plan and backed the bombers off. He broke them into two squads so each team could self-destruct into two of Cyrax’s cruisers instead of the original plan to hit the Tiber. He watched from his viewport that the bombers had completed their missions and destroyed two cruisers as planned. They resulting explosions created a massive light show and he watched as dozens of escape pods had fired away from the debris fields of the destroyed cruisers. It was not the Tiber but it was a small victory within a war that Taric would eventually lose just by the sheer numbers. The other positive outcome was that the Tiber had taken itself out of position and it could not fire its main cannon at the Empires larger vessels.

“Good work Admiral.” A voice came over the comm. “How long do you feel you can hold out?”
    Taric analyzed the voice and realized it was the Emperor himself. “I’m doing the best I can sir.” Taric answered. “I think it’s safe to say that there isn’t a Fifth or Ninth fleet anymore. They are all in this together now. The platforms are holding as well but Sword has taken heavy fire and most of the weapons systems are down or damaged. I’ll be forced to order an evacuation of the site soon.”
    “That isn’t good news Admiral.” The Emperor responded. “Can you get them all out?”
    “As I said sir, I’m doing my best. Any word on the Jedi mission aboard the Tiber?”
    “Master Joy has not heard from her Knights. I suspect that’s bad news but the Force tells her they are alive.”
    “That’s something I guess.” Taric said out loud more to himself than to anyone else. “They may be captured sir.”
    “That is what we all fear, which means that we can’t assume anything Admiral Raywood.“
    “What about the situation on the surface sir?” Taric asked.
    “We’re doing our best down here, do not concern yourself with us. You need to keep up the good work in orbit Admiral. Good Luck to you.”

The transmission faded and suddenly the small relief Taric felt after he destroyed the two cruisers was replaced with more concern. He needed to destroy the Tiber. There was yet one more weapon he could use but that was a last resort. ‘Not now, not yet.’ Taric thought to himself.

As he looked at the holo-images of the battle he ordered his ships to press forward where the two cruisers he destroyed had been. Taric hoped that applying pressure there would scatter Cyrax’s forces and create a new front from which to strike. Wam’kodo was a seasoned veteran in tactics and he moved the Tiber itself to fill the gap. Taric’s fears that the Tiber was about to fully engage in this battle were about to be realized. Until now it had held back in a support role. It was about to make itself the star of this battle. Now was the time that Taric had to show his hand. It was too early but the Jedi team had not reported in, and he was losing ships and soldiers every minute.

“Begin the transformation sequence of Shield.” Taric called out while numerous operators worked frantically at their consoles. Loud mechanical noises began to whine and hisses of air pressure could be heard from outside of the station. Major tremors rocked the station as the massive structure began to transform into what could only be described as a capital ship. At first Cyrax’s forces did nothing as the massive space station turned onto its side and compartments moved around. After a few minutes Shield was under fire but Taric had anticipated the attack as he had numerous corvettes and fighter divisions held back inside of Shield. He deployed the small force to defend the transforming station and they were successful in holding back Cyrax’s forces.

“Sir” an operator called out to Taric. “We are in ship mode and ready for launch.”
    “Very well. Let’s get into this fight with cannons blazing.” Taric commanded. “Attack the Tiber and tell our remaining ships to back us up. Have Sword station give us supporting cover fire as best as they can. Drive us right through them all and take as many of them as you can.”
    “Yes sir!” The whole bridge shouted back in unison.

By transforming the Shield station Taric gained a powerful capital ship but he vacated the strategic defensive position that the station had held. It was a final attempt to disrupt Cyrax’s forces because if Taric fell here, Coruscant’s navy would most assuredly fall. The Empire’s ships formed a ‘V’ pattern and then engaged Cyrax’s ships with massive amounts of turbo laser fire. Shield seriously damaged one of the mercenary transports causing it to burst into flames and shrapnel. The resulting debris struck another of Cyrax’s ships and Taric was all too happy to finish the job with proton torpedo strikes.

Taric had suddenly become the aggressor, and then their small glimpse of hope turned to dread when the Tiber had appeared on his screens. He recognized that Wam’kodo had come right after the Shield, using the same tactic as Taric.

“Evasive action!” Taric roared. “Flanking ships bank hard, and regroup at Sword. We’ll try and hold the Tiber off.” As soon as he finished that sentence the Tiber’s main cannon lined up Shield and fired a blast that almost ripped the bottom rear-end of the hull almost clean off. Taric ordered an evacuation even before an operator reported the severity of the damage to the ship.

Another operator caught Taric’s eye and said, “Sir. We have an incoming transmission from the Tiber
    Taric knew it had to be Wam’kodo. He did not have a choice as the honourable thing to do would be to negotiate for the lives of his crew. “Patch him through.”
    “Taric Raywood. This is Admiral Wam’kodo. Disable your weapons and surrender. We will allow you to evacuate your ship, and have all your crew come aboard the Tiber.”
    “Thank you Admiral, but I think I’d rather blow you out of space.” Taric replied. “Fire!” He yelled at an operator. The Shield’s massive turbo laser turrets and torpedo tubes unleashed a volley of blasts and missiles that rocked the Tiber. “What’s the status of the evacuation?”
    “We’ve completed seventy percent sir. The rest will be out in a few minutes.”
    “Everyone out!” Taric yelled. “Get to your ships and back to Sword

Taric stood at the helm and maneuvered what was left of Shield directly at the Tiber. He hoped that if he could disable the Super Star Destroyer, than the rest of the fleet would have a chance to take back Coruscanti Space. After seeing that the escape pods had been deployed Taric sat down and let out a heavy breath. The comm indicator light was blinking but Taric would not answer. It did not matter who it was anymore in his mind. As he looked at his screens one more time, Taric saw that the Tiber was firing everything at him except their main cannon, which gave him a little more time. Wam’kodo was probably preparing to fire it but Taric had already saved most of his people. He became disappointed when he saw the Tiber’s main cannon moving to aim at him again.

The Shield was about to collide with the Tiber and all the ship could do was make an impact on the Super Star Desroyer. Unfortunately Wam’kodo had got his weapon into place, and the end for Shield came quickly as the well place blast destroyed the ship. Taric had just saved thousands of lives with his heroics but he ultimately failed as the Tiber, while damaged was still operational and would continue to tip the balance over to Cyrax. The Empire’s remaining ships did as their leader had said and regrouped at the battle station Sword. Wam’kodo assumed as much and collected his ships together for a final assault. This battle for Coruscant’s space was seemingly almost at its conclusion. The Empire needed to hope that their ground forces would have better luck than their navel counterparts.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I thought that was such a brilliantly ingenious thing to turn a space station into a capital ship. :cool: Taric did all he could and the best, but it's frustrating that Cyrax' forces still have the edge. [face_nail_biting]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Taric in action

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    What an epic fight in Chapter 18 Part II.

And interesting revelations why the dark side fails to win.

“Vikka!” Lorn Nyeb called out to her.
    As Vikka looked over at Nyeb she saw Trip under the tip of his blade. “No” she said to herself knowing that Trip was about to die because of her. “Don’t do it Master. Please.” Vikka appealed.
    “This is why I told you to leave such relationships behind.” Nyeb burned Trip’s cheek with the tip of his blade. Trip made a grunt but fought the urge to make any other sound louder than that. “They make you weak Vikka.”
    “His love has made me a better person.” Vikka replied.
    “Now your love is going to get him killed.” Nyeb roared as he lifted his leg to stomp on Trip’s head.

Love is the answer. For me anyway. Nyeb might totally disagree here and several other sith lords throughout history, too.

Cannot wait to read more of the upcoming space battle in the current chapter.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thank you NH. I enjoy writing Taric, he's one of my favorite characters.

Diddo :)

I'm so happy you're back Azure! :D Love I feel, can work both ways though.

Here is Chapter 19 part 2. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2

Hyperspace

Darth Nephros sat in his meditation room and was interrupted by Vikka reaching out to him through their bond. He was suddenly snapped back to the plain that the Force had brought them to some time ago, but this time he was alone there. Even without Vikka there he could sense she was in danger, she was exhausted, and there was something else. Nephros could feel emotions of acceptance, but not fear. He could not be sure what was happening to her but if she was in grave danger, she was not showing it. Most beings that were about to die would feel fear, and then think about the things they regretted in their lives. Vikka seemed to be accepting of whatever was happening to her. In those moments that she was contacting Nephros there were images that flashed before his eyes of Vikka dueling Lorn Nyeb, and the last image he saw was Nyeb about to strike her down.

The Dark Lord wanted to understand if these were images that she feared would happen or if this was all in the present. There was no time in this realm and it was pointless to attempt to decipher the time frame. If she was about to meet her end then so be it. If she was to die to a pretender, then it showed that she was weaker than he thought she was. Vikka may not have been worthy of his attention. Lorn Nyeb on the other hand was proving to be more capable than Nephros originally thought. It was possible that Nyeb was growing in power and learning to use the Dark Side to his advantage. He was becoming a threat, and from their previous encounters, Nephros learned that Nyeb was an excellent swordsman. If both he and Cyrax combined their strength against him, they could prove to be very troublesome.

Nephros tried reaching back to Vikka to see where she and Nyeb were but the images were unstable, and then her thoughts were suddenly gone, and he was back in his meditation room. When Nephros concentrated on Vikka’s last thoughts, he could swear he was hearing the humming of massive power drives and a distant space battle. Vikka was aboard a ship, she must have been on a mission aboard a Star Destroyer if Nyeb was present. That could mean Nyeb was alone with her and Cyrax would not be too far away. The Dark Side was moving the pieces to their fateful encounters, and Nephros believed that he had to follow the dark current to its conclusion. If he was truly a son of the Dark Side of the Force than he had to oblige its will.

Nephros was entering Coruscanti airspace, and from what his stream of updates was reporting, he could see that Cyrax was getting closer to sacking Coruscant, and taking the Empire. There were internal Coruscanti Security Force reports that Cyrax had even deployed his virus and the CSF had set up a quarantine zone for the infected victims. From what he could see the CSF had confined the infected and the dead in a mobile medical encampment outside of the Fobosi Medical Centre. Nephros was disappointed in the Jedi as they were being defeated so easily, and it was obvious now that his real opposition, and the greatest threat to his goal of dominance within the Force was Cyrax. Nephros still considered him a pretender but there was no denying that his plans were working.

If Nephros was to destabilize Cyrax’s plans, he had to assist the Jedi cause by destroying Nyeb and commandeering the Tiber for the Empire. It would take the two most valuable assets away from Cyrax and tip the scales of this so called war. Nephros, like all great Sith, would be orchestrating events to suit his own purposes. Weakening both sides of this conflict would leave them vulnerable to his final killing blows. The Sith pretenders and the Jedi were both unknowingly preparing themselves for their own demise. He had set out to dominate the Force as he had no use for the politics of the galaxy. Darth Nephros never wanted to be an emperor, he simply wanted his revenge and take his place as the only Dark Lord of the Sith.

Nephros immediately took control of the Furious Rancor as it came out of hyperspace and quickly surveyed the battle. The Empire’s ships had retreated to their operational orbital battle station Sword. Cyrax’s ships had rallied around the Tiber and now they were in pursuit of the remaining Imperial forces. Droid fighters and Imperial star fighters littered Coruscanti air space as they continued their feud. Nephros needed to board the Tiber and to get anywhere close to the massive Super Star Destroyer he needed to carve a path. He engaged the droid fighters and destroyed half a dozen before cloaking his ship again. Nephros made a wide sweeping turn and made another pass as he deactivated his cloaking device and he destroyed another four droid fighters.

Nephros cloaked the Furious Rancor again and waited for an opening to the Tiber to reveal itself. When it did, he took advantage and flew his ship towards the open docking bays of the capital ship. When he saw one with little activity going on, and only a few dock workers, Nephros made his play. He brought the ship into the docking bay slowly and he was immediately attacked by the workers and automated defences in the bay. Nephros used the Rancor’s cannons to destroy the turbo-laser turrets and clear the room. He finally landed the ship and looked around for any survivors. When he was content there were not any he went to his quarters took his robe and lightsabres and exited the ship.

Darth Nephros reached out with the Force and felt numerous presences close to his location, with only three beings that were of note. Two of them he knew were to be Vikka and Lorn Nyeb. The other must have been a Jedi because Nephros did not recognize the Force signature. The Dark Lord considered hiding his presence within the Force but he wanted Nyeb to know that he would carry out the threat that he made on Corellia. Darth Nephros was looking forward to finally slaying one of the pretenders, and then dealing with the Jedi. Vikka’s presence in the Force was faint and he felt that she was most likely unconscious because Nephros believed that if Vikka knew he was on the ship she would have made an attempt to contact him. Regardless of Vikka’s situation, Nephros had to carry out his own plans.

The Tiber – Detention Level

Trip awoke with a pulsating headache and a terrible feeling of oncoming nausea. The last thing he could recall was fighting Lorn Nyeb and Vikka engaged with Mandalorians. He looked around the small space he was in and noticed that he was in ray-shielded cell. He tried to reach out with the Force for Vikka but her presence was faint. There was no communication over their bond which could mean she was unconscious. Trip also felt a massive Dark Side shift and at first he assumed it was Lorn Nyeb but upon further reflection he realized that he had only felt that presence once before, it was Darth Nephros. The implications of the Sith Lord’s arrival on the Tiber were distracting. He feared everything between Nephros coming for Vikka and himself, Nephros taking the Tiber, or worse yet, taking the Super Star Destroyer for Cyrax. Whatever the reasoning, the Sith Lord’s presence was unmistakable.

Trip tried to look for anyway out of his cage but there was nothing that he could see. The Jedi Knight concentrated harder, and realized that he could sense two beings outside of his cell. He was fortunate that they were not droids because now he could try and use them through the Force. Trip came closer to the cell door and reached out with the Force again. He found the mind of one of his guards and projected images of knocking out his fellow guard and opening the cell doors. Trip strained as he realized that the task was more difficult then he originally thought. Seconds later the ray shield came down and the cell door opened.

Trip looked at the guard who seemed under a trance and said “You want to take your friend on the ground and put him in the cell with you for a nap.”
    The Rodian mercenary looked back at Trip and replied “I want to take my friend on the ground and put him in the cell with me for a nap.”

Trip watched as the Rodian picked up the Aqualish and bring him into the cell. He quickly closed the cell door and activated the ray-shield behind him. Trip looked around and took a blaster that probably came from the Aqualish guard. He advanced down the tunnel of cells, and looked for any occupied ones that may have been holding Vikka. Sadly Trip’s cell block was empty and he had to search in another cell block. He tried again to contact her through their bond but again, Vikka was not present. The only thing that Trip had to go on was her faint presence through the Force. He followed the best he could up a turbo lift and down another access hallway which led to a control console. Trip tapped into the ship’s network and saw that there was a whole detention block full of the Tiber’s original crew.

Through a comm-link that went directly to that cell he communicated with the crew and then opened their cell block at the console that he had hacked. Trip told them who he was and where to meet him. Now that he had reinforcements, they could take the bridge back from Wam’kodo, his Mandalorians, and droids. Trip was confident that the crew would make it to the armoury level with little issue. They had the numbers and when he met up with him they would have a Jedi Knight. As Trip was about to get on the turbolift to the detention level a booming voice came from behind him.

“Well played Jedi.” Trip turned and saw Lorn Nyeb entering the control room from another access way. “You have done well but your advancement is over.”
    “Give me my lightsabre back and we can finish what we started traitor.” Trip snapped back.
    “That is a good plan but I need you for something else Knight Vrand.” Nyeb said calmly. “I have no doubt that you have sensed who has arrived on this ship, have you not?”
    “Nephros.”
    “Yes, Nephros. You realize we must defeat him here.” Nyeb said as he slowly worked a plan in his head. “After we defeat the true Sith we can take the Tiber away from Cyrax and use it for ourselves. We can take the Empire together Trip.”
    “Are you serious?” Trip replied almost laughing. “I will never join you and betray the Jedi. I hate you for what you’ve done to the Order and especially Vikka.”
    “Exactly, use that hate and become my apprentice.” Nyeb responded as he tried to build up the Jedi’s ego. “I don’t want this war any more than you do Trip. With your skills and under my leadership we can guide the Jedi into a future united with the Empire. No Force user restrictions, no persecution, and more importantly a long lasting peace.”
    “That sounds exactly like what Cyrax said to me in the docking bay where he got half my strike team to betray me and leave the Order. I didn’t buy it then and I don’t buy it now.”
    “You have no idea what Nephros is Jedi. He is a monster, and more importantly for you he wants Vikka and she wants him.” Nyeb said trying to change tactics.
    “Liar!” Trip roared. “Vikka would never betray me with the Dark Lord of the Sith.”
    “Search your feelings Trip.” Nyeb continued to like where this line of thought was going. “She has already communed with him over a Force bond. They are connected by the will of the Force. It is only a matter of time until he takes her for his apprentice, and most likely as his…lover.”
    “You lie Nyeb. You’re trying to get me to fall into this trap. She loves me, I know she does. We have that bond. Not him, me.” Trip said obviously upset.
    “Why do you think he’s here? He means to save her, and take the Tiber for himself. Darth Nephros is fury personified. He is the true Sith and he must be stopped. Together we can do it Trip.”
    “I don’t believe it. She wouldn’t, would she?”

Trip had begun to fear that his relationship with Vikka was in danger and Darth Nephros had arrived to sever it completely. He knew that Nyeb was trying to manipulate him but he also knew that the fallen Jedi may have a point. Alone they could not defeat Nephros but together they stood a chance. “Give me my lightsabre Nyeb. Let’s take this Dark Lord.”
    “Excellent.” Nyeb said with a small smile.
    “When we’re done with him, I’m coming for you. Remember that Nyeb.”
    “I wouldn’t have it any other way Trip.”

Darth Nephros moved through the corridors without hesitation and with meaningful purpose. He encountered dozens of battle droids that he tore through easily without ever igniting his lightsabre. He could not understand how such rudimentary devices were about to overthrow the capital planet of the Empire. Nephros knew that Cyrax had numerous mercenaries on his side but these droids were a significant part of the pretender’s forces. Through the Force he did not feel any Force sensitive beings approaching him. He thought that perhaps Lorn Nyeb meant to weaken him with his droids, and minions, before finally challenging Nephros himself. It was the smart move for Nyeb, but Nephros was determined to destroy his enemy regardless of the fallen Jedi’s tactics.

The Dark Lord’s progression was halted by six Mandalorian warriors who had their beskar blades already drawn and in their other hands they were holding blasters. Nephros narrowed his eyes while he felt the currents of each man’s fear. He called his dual bladed lightsabre to his hand with the Force and ignited both sides of it. It was the right weapon for this situation. Djem So would be the correct form, with multiple opponents, and Nephros could maintain his offence and power strikes. The six Mandalorian warriors converged on Nephros only to be blasted backwards by a massive bust of Force power. The Sith Lord then flew into his enemies, and with two flicks of his lightsabre staff he had killed two enemies. The remaining four took their points, and slowly walked towards the Sith as he engaged the two Mandalorians in front of him. To Nephros’ surprise they parried his blows and even managed a counter attack that the Sith had to block.

Darth Nephros attacked again and landed quality blows to the Mandalorians chest armour but their breast plates had deflected the lightsabre. They countered again and the Dark Lord finally impaled one of his attackers at a point where there was no armour. With three Mandalorians left they each took turns at the Sith who rebuffed them all easily. Nephros took one by the throat and threw him into one of his own men with a powerful Force choke. The lone standing Mandalorian charged at Nephros and the Dark Lord caught him with a Force push and launched him violently into a bulkhead. Satisfied that he would not get back up, Nephros turned his attention to the other two Mandalorians that had just gotten back to their feet. They attacked Nephros in unison but the Sith Lord had an answer for all their strikes. With a Force enhanced punch, Nephros cracked the helmet of one of his assailants and with another punch he caved in the Mandalorian’s face.

Nephros stood across the last Mandalorian warrior who took his chances and fired himself at the Dark Lord. Nephros parried the blows and countered with his own series of strikes. The Mandalorian fought Nephros back and said from behind his mask “beskar Sith. No lightsabre can penetrate it.”

Nephros stopped his attack and watched as the Mandalorian reset himself. “Tell me,” Nephros began. “Do you have beskar on your bones?”

Before the Mandalorian could understand what the Sith Lord meant he began screaming in agony. The snapping of bones was a brutal noise and it struck terror within his prey. To Nephros though, it was a violent symphony. The Sith watched the Mandalorian fall to his knees until he finally stopped screaming.

Nephros surveyed the carnage and saw a wall mounted surveillance recorder. He walked up to it and with the Force he ripped the camera from the wall. He then approached a turbo lift and unexpectedly through the Force he felt her, he felt Vikka. Her signature was faint which meant she was most likely unconscious but she was alive and close. Nephros was not certain what this meant to, but he suddenly had the urge to see her, he had to speak to Vikka face to face. Their interactions over the Force were always shrouded with questions and raised doubt within his mind. Nephros needed to understand the nature of their connection and he wanted to know what would happened if they were an arm’s length away from each other.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent! Seeing Nephros' true motives - not for political power but overall dominance. And Trip - he stands steadfastly against Nyeb's pretty transparent manipulations. Let's hope he can keep that up. [face_worried] And Vika - her sudden "silence" is worrying.

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Overall dominance. Somehow most sith go for that. Must be a shortcoming in their childhood or a fear that they want to silence.

Nephros stood across the last Mandalorian warrior who took his chances and fired himself at the Dark Lord. Nephros parried the blows and countered with his own series of strikes. The Mandalorian fought Nephros back and said from behind his mask “beskar Sith. No lightsabre can penetrate it.”

Nephros stopped his attack and watched as the Mandalorian reset himself. “Tell me,” Nephros began. “Do you have beskar on your bones?”

Before the Mandalorian could understand what the Sith Lord meant he began screaming in agony. The snapping of bones was a brutal noise and it struck terror within his prey. To Nephros though, it was a violent symphony. The Sith watched the Mandalorian fall to his knees until he finally stopped screaming.

But he is very, very powerful & recourceful. I give him that!.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope the dominant Sith with his digusting ideas and methods will be defeated

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

Thanks NH! I was hoping that would make Nephros a more complex villiam. Nephros is my monster and my heart. I'll write him as such. ;) As for Trip, the boy scout, he will be fine. :p Vikka's tough too.

Hello Azure, you're a welcome poster any time :) I was hoping to make Nephros a little different in that he isn't looking to rule over the galaxy's population. He only wants dominance over the Force.

That's pretty stern Early! I'm glad to be getting these kinds of responses!

Thank You all for reading ladies. I will update this weekend. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Only dominance! [face_rofl] I wonder what Hannibal Lecter would make out of him. ;)

Darth_Furio likes this.
  24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks for reading all! Hope you enjoy it. :D

Nyota's Heart
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2

Chapter 19, Part 3

Admiral Wam’kodo looked at the camera feed with concern in his heart, but on his face he had his usual cool demeanour. The monster on his monitor had just destroyed half his droids and his best Mandalorian team. The other half of his forces had been sent after the Tiber’s original crew members. A mob was on their way to the bridge and several other important parts of the ship. The only thing left to stop Darth Nephros was Lorn Nyeb, and Nyeb had not contacted him for some time. The last time the Twi’lek admiral had seen his so called commanding officer was when he was trying to recruit a Jedi Knight to help him. It may have worked as they had been seen walking together through the ship. Wam’kodo had issues on two fronts and could only hope that Nyeb would handle the Sith Lord.

To the admiral’s surprise, the crew member’s advance had already reached the bridge. The traitors to Cyrax’s new regime had amassed outside the massive blast doors and Wam’kodo could see in the holo-projections from outside the bridge that they were already looking to bypass the locks. The Twi’lek called all his men and droids to arms. With two more Mandalorians, three dozen battle droids, and six droid destroyers, Wam’kodo was confident he could hold the bridge from these intruders. If Darth Nephros came to the bridge, there was nothing here that could stop him. Wam’kodo felt the need to update Cyrax and so he commed the Sith Lord directly. The Twi’lek punched in the coordinates and waited for the image to appear in front of him.

“Yes Admiral?” Cyrax asked.
    “Lord Cyrax, the Sith Lord Nephros has boarded the Tiber and the Jedi have released the original crew. The mob are now about to enter the bridge. My forces have been spread too thin and I’ve lost many of them to the Jedi and Nephros.”
    Cyrax paused for a moment, “what of Lord Nyeb, is he still alive?”
    Yes my Lord. He is hunting down Nephros with the aid of a Jedi.” Wam’kodo responded.
    “A Jedi? My apprentice has become quite resourceful.” Cyrax paused in thought. “Admiral, if you feel you are about to lose the Tiber you must scuttle the ship. We cannot let the Empire have it. Either I have it or no one does.”
    “My Lord, I may be able to hold the bridge.” Wam’kodo replied.
    “I cannot take a chance on what you think you can do. Destroy it with Nephros on board. That is the most important thing now.” Cyrax said.
    “What of Lord Nyeb?” Wam’kodo asked.
    “Get a message to him and let him know of my wishes. Give him a firm time and destroy the ship. Our ships still outnumber the Empire’s. Take command from another ship and carryout your mission. Wipe them out Admiral.” Cyrax said before cutting off the link. “A dreadnaught will not define my ascendency.”

Wam’kodo was left with his thoughts again. Cyrax had given the order that Wam’kodo had not hoped to hear. There was nothing that Wam’kodo could do except obey. Most of the beings he had working on the Tiber had been run down, or had fled their posts due to the mob that had progressed through the ship. With most of his operators on the bridge, Wam’kodo could scuttle the ship with minimum effort. The droids would be left behind and more importantly the Sith Lord and the Jedi would be destroyed. He would warn Nyeb and hope that his associate made it to a transport in time. The Tiber had many escape ships located on numerous decks, which gave Nyeb a good chance to escape wherever he was on the ship.

“Lord Nyeb? This Admiral Wam’kodo. Can you speak?”
    “Yes Admiral, what is it? We are hunting.” Nyeb answered and at the same time he was letting Wam’kodo know he was still with the Jedi.”
    “Lord Cyrax has ordered plan T3.” Wam’kodo told him knowing that Cyrax knew that T3 meant Terminate The Tiber.
    “Can you belay that order Admiral? I need more time.” Nyeb said with scorn in his voice.
    “No my Lord, I’m afraid not.” Wam’kodo said trying to exacerbate his point. “Can the Jedi understand us?”
    “No. Continue with your plan Admiral. Nyeb out.”

Wam’kodo had done his part and warned Nyeb. He moved to his personal console which was the only place he could initiate the T3 sequence. The sequence took time to carry out, which gave the remaining members of his crew time to evacuate. It would also buy time for Wam’kodo’s other ships to get clear of the blast radius. Wam’kodo was also going to take a page from the book of his late friend, Taric Raywood. He would ram the exploding Tiber into the Empire’s battle station Sword. The fighter launching orbital base Hanger had been basically disabled weapon wise and it was not involved in the fight anymore. Sword was the last main threat with its thousands of laser batteries and missile launch bays. By destroying it Wam’kodo would take Coruscant’s skies from the Empire.

The system had been programmed for the Tiber self-destruct while ramming Sword. The two biggest naval weapons would be eliminated from the field, but their destruction would give Cyrax the advantage and even eliminate the Sith Lord he feared. Wam’kodo and his remaining team would take up residence in the Rock Head which was the only other dreadnaught in Cyrax’s fleet. The Rock Head was Targo the Hutt’s flagship. Now it would be Cyrax’s flagship and Wam’kodo’s salvation. The Admiral’s vengeance would be secured. Cyrax would be Emperor and Wam’kodo himself would be the Grand Admiral of the new Imperial Navy. These were grand plans that Wam’kodo had and he needed Cyrax to deliver on his end and make them a reality.

Wam’kodo punched in a few more key strokes and locked out the Tiber’s main computer. No one could access it now. The Twi’lek rallied the rest of his men to a private lift that would transport them to an escape shuttle. The Admiral looked over the Tiber’s bridge one more time as it saddened him somewhat that this marvel of technology would never fly again. He closed the door to the Tiber and to his old life.

The Dark Lord of the Sith arrived at the detention level and was met by five battle droids which he dispatched with a simple push of the Force. He searched a computer for Vikka’s location and found her on the maximum security deck. The video footage of her cell was disabled and code locked. It was obvious that Nyeb did not want anyone to know what was happening in that room. Nephros left the console and found Vikka’s cell door. It was a massive structure and he laid his hands on the cold steel, as he felt the door’s inner mechanism. With the Force he opened the tumblers one by one. It was a tactic that he used many times during his time at Cor-Sec when his Force sensitivity was raw and untrained. Nephros had managed to train himself to do it well enough that it was now a small feat.

Nephros opened the massive door and the air from the room had an odour that was stale and it was laced with sweat. He saw Vikka hung up, and placed on a massive ‘X’ with her wrists and ankles restrained. She had dried blood coming from her brow, mouth, and her robes were matted with blood at her left shoulder. Nephros put his hand out and caressed Vikka’s warm face. The touch was almost electric and it forced the Sith Lord backwards as he was suddenly overcome with images of Arianna Dern’s death. She had been hung up like this as well and Nephros was taken back to that moment in the Force. The feelings of guilt, pain, and rage all came back to overwhelm his senses. Nephros closed his eyes to shut out the images but Arianna’s face still lingered. Her death launched the dark curse he was under and it was the precise moment when Marcus had decided that the Dark Side would forever dominate his destiny.

Darth Nephros wanted to understand the nature of his association with Vikka but now he was hesitant because he thought that perhaps the Force was telling him something else. Was it possible that he was proceeding down the wrong path, had the Dark Side loosened its grip on him? Or was the Dark Side showing him that this Jedi would be a powerful ally and apprentice?

Before he could ruminate on the images of Arianna again he was caught off guard by Vikka’s soft moan. She moved slowly and Nephros saw as she squeezed her eye lids together. Vikka opened her eyes and Nephros noticed the bluish green colour in them. They were so much more vibrant in person, intoxicating even. Vikka looked directly at him and stared into his scarlet red eyes for a few moments. She was not surprised by Nephros’ presence at that moment but she was uncertain how to react to him. Would he finish what Nyeb had started or would he free her? Vikka looked at the restraints on her wrists and then back at Nephros who had not moved or spoken a word yet. He was difficult to read but she did not sense any aggression from him, not yet.

“Are you here to finish it?” Vikka asked. “I’m actually not surprised to see you. Our connection before gave me some hope, strength even.”
    “Your thoughts were jumbled and made no sense. I thought Nyeb was about to kill you.” Nephros responded sternly.
    “I reached out to you when Nyeb was about to kill me Marcus. I don’t know why.” Vikka admitted. “In those few seconds I was at that place where the Force took us before. I saw you there and you were angry with me.”
    “I told you not to call me that.” Nephros snarled. “I was there too but I didn’t see you.”
    “How did you find me then?” Vikka asked genuinely curious.
    “The humming of the drive cores during our connection.” Nephros said “it stood to reason that the Jedi would attempt to take back the Tiber. It would seem your plan has failed.”
    “I’m still alive Dar’Jeti there’s still a chance.” Vikka proclaimed defiantly.

She looked at her restraints again and pulled with the Force but they didn’t move. Nephros went to a console and released her. Vikka fell to the ground on her knees as she had not used her legs in hours. She was exhausted, the shoulder that Nyeb had stabbed felt like it was on fire and her vision had become blurred. There was still an uneasy feeling in the air and as Vikka tried to clear her head she kept an eye on Nephros who was not doing anything.

“Why are you here?” She asked him again. “Why won’t you finish me off, Nephros?” Vikka said as she emphasized his Sith name.
    “I’m here to destroy Lorn Nyeb. The pretender will fall and with his demise, the Empire can take back this capital ship, the momentum of this battle will go back into your favour.”
    “You want Cyrax to lose now?”
    “I’ve always wanted to destroy these pretenders.” Nephros stood silently for a few seconds as he watched Vikka sitting on the floor. She looked so small in that instant, she was a caged soul because of the Jedi. Perhaps he could… “I don’t understand why the Force wants us connected this way. I needed to see you to find out.” Nephros finally admitted.

Vikka was shocked by Nephros’ statement. She had thought about the same thing over and over as well. Since she first studied Nephros’ past she was intrigued by him and his life. When she first saw him in person she was in awe of his abilities with the Force but after that encounter she could not forget the way he had handled Master Baron and how he had killed Master Sarro. Nephros was truly a product of his upbringing and an immoral person, but there was a time in his life that he let his heart lead him. That was why Vikka had told Master Joy that she thought he could be redeemed and now those very words that the Sith Lord had just used himself may prove her right. She was never certain about what role she would play in this story, but now she knew she was essential.

“I know.” Vikka finally replied not knowing what to call him. “I’ve wanted to know what we have to do with each other as well. If it was the Force that brought us here, I believe it was for a reason.”
    “What reason is that?” Nephros asked as he examined Vikka’s eyes again. “Is it to remind me of everything I’ve lost? I already bring my demons with me wherever I go.”
    “There is another possibility.” Vikka had to say it. “We can bring you back to the Light Side and you can help us defeat Cyrax and Nyeb. We can bring peace back to the galaxy.”

Vikka would have thought that based on his previous behaviour that Nephros would immediately dismiss the notion and screamed at her for the mere mention of it. Except, he did not do anything of the sort. Nephros stood there and then turned away from her.

“Peace is a lie Jedi.” Nephros emphasized. “There is so much crime and corruption throughout the galaxy that the decay is so obvious. Criminal organizations like the Blood Rocks thrive even without their leaders. It was simple for them, Targo died and now they follow Cyrax.”
    “After these Sith are gone you can help us finish organizations like this permanently. You don’t have to hate Marcus. You’ve loved once, you can do so again.”
    Nephros turned back to look at Vikka. “No one can replace her. No matter what you or the Force wants me to think. The Dark Side is my path, it always has been.”
    “You haven’t followed a path of absolutes. You joined Cor-Sec and fought to rid Corellia of crime. Circumstances changed and you started to follow your current path. Circumstances have changed again. You can change too.”
    “Nothing has changed.” Nephros replied. “I still want revenge on the Jedi Order and I want to end these false Sith.”
    “What about me?” Vikka said as she extended her hand in a gesture for Nephros to help her up. “Would you change for me?”

Nephros looked into her sea green eyes in search of answers that were not there. Could he possibly leave the Dark Side behind for anything? Becoming a Jedi was out of the question as Nephros believed their weaknesses lied within their code. Regardless of what was happening to him now, he felt that the individual should control the Force, not the other way around. Arianna had made him into something and her death had made him into something else. He would have rejected everything he knew then just to have a life with Arianna. Vikka’s Jedi had abandoned one of their own, and he could never forgive that. Nephros blamed himself at that time, but the Jedi had to pay for their part in her death as well.

As for Vikka herself, he respected her ability and the power she held even though she had not unlocked it fully yet. Her connection to the Force was substantial enough that she survived an onslaught from Lorn Nyeb. Her inner strength, her abilities, and her belief in his goodness reminded him of Arianna. That time had passed for Nephros and even though Vikka felt that she could redeem him now, he knew the Dark Side would never let him go and he would never let go of it. It sustained him now and if he did not sustain it with his rage, then it would abandon him.

Nephros reached out taking Vikka’s hand into his own and he pulled her up to her feet. Her small hand was lost in his right, and with his left he touched her face. “You are an amazing woman and your strength does you credit. You don’t know what you’re asking of me and I can’t give you what you seek.”

Vikka took Nephros’ hand with her own from her face and brought them to the middle of her chest. “You’re right, I don’t know what I’m looking for here. I love another man but I think I’m fall…”

“Vikka!” A high pitched voice said, along with the snap hiss of a lightsabre igniting following close behind. “What are you doing?”
    Vikka turned and saw Trip standing at the entrance of the cell. “Trip, are you okay?” She asked as she let go of Nephros’ hand.
    “I’m fine, what are you doing with him?” Trip asked as he walked closer to Nephros.
    “Nephros rescued me. He let me out of my restraints.” Vikka replied moving closer to Trip. “Shut down your lightsabre. He wants Nyeb, and we need to finish our mission.”
    “Nyeb and I were looking for you.” Trip said to Nephros before looking back at Vikka. “He is the biggest threat against the Jedi. We were going to finish him.”
    “And then what?” Vikka asked
    “Then I was going to finish Nyeb.” Trip said confidently.
    “Such illusions will get you killed Jedi.” Nephros said with disgust. “Where is the pretender?”
    “We split up to cover more ground, but I can’t seem to contact him now. His comm is off.”
    “What made you think that he you could trust Lorn Nyeb?” Vikka asked now annoyed at Trip herself.
    “What makes you think you can trust him?” Trip pointed to Nephros “And what were you doing holding his hand? How could you even talk to him without thinking about him murdering Master Sarro?” Trip retaliated.
    “Look at me Trip?” Vikka said gesturing to her bloodied shoulder. “If he wanted to kill me I’d be dead already.”
    “He’s setting you up.” Trip replied quickly. “He wants to make you his apprentice, it’s your powers he wants. Don’t believe it’s anything more than that.”
    Nephros started to move for the door. “I want Lorn Nyeb Jedi” he said to Trip. “Pray I don’t come for you next.”

Trip threw up his lightsabre under Nephros’ neck. “I’m not afraid of you Sith.”
    Within the blink of an eye Nephros slapped the lightsabre blade away with the Force absorption technique. “You should be.” The Sith Lord threatened.

The Dark Lord began to walk out the door and as he left he exchanged another look with Vikka and through their Force bond he said “I doubt we will see each other again like this. Goodbye Cyar’ika.”

The Mandalorian term of endearment caught her by surprise as Darth Nephros left the room. There was so much left unsaid between them and she wanted a sense a closure but she knew their dealings were far from over. Now that he was gone she had to focus on Trip. A sudden rush of emotions, along with the realization of her injuries, forced Vikka to fall to her knees again. She was exhausted and battered but now she could relax with Trip there. Her only worry was that for the first time since they had met she did not know what he was feeling.

Trip moved over to Vikka, took her from under her arm, and rested her on a bench in the cell. “What was going on here Vikka?” He asked in a calmer voice.
    “Nyeb put me in here and strung me up on that device. He pierced my shoulder with his lightsabre while you were knocked out. I lost the bridge and then all I remember is Nephros waking me up.” Vikka looked down to the ground as she did not know whether she should be ashamed or not. “We discussed those visions and what they could mean.”
    “What do they mean Vikka?” Trip asked not actually wanting to know the answer.
    Vikka did not know what to tell him. She was afraid that the truth would drive him away and she was also afraid of her own reaction to that. Vikka wondered if she had somehow fallen out of love with him even though he had done nothing to deserve such a cruel fate. “They were just images of our past, nothing more,” Vikka lied. “What about the mission?” She changed the subject.
    “I freed the original crew. They’re going for the bridge right now, while I thought I was coming to save you. Then I found Nyeb and he told me that Nephros was on board, and coming for you.”
    “We’ve got to help them Trip. We’ve got to take the Tiber while Nephros deals with Nyeb.” Vikka replied ignoring the last part of Trip’s story.
    “Did Nephros get to you Vikka?”

“No.” She lied. “There is just a mutual respect between us. I’m sure we’ll have to deal with him eventually to end all this. Now, let’s finish the mission.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting instructions from Cyrax--about further strategy.

But the big fat what?! in this post was the stuff between Vikka and Nephros. Like romantic sparks kind of stuff. Wow. =D=

Totally agree that Trip didn't deserve to be left out in the cold like that. [face_thinking]

Darth_Furio and AzureAngel2 like this.