main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Dark Diplomacy" Epilogue I & II (FINAL & COMPLETED) Nov. 11th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Ah, yea, I forgot they were form. I'll trust you on it, you seem to have immense technical knowledge. I think deep down I was just trying to make it unreal to reverse its effects.

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *sitting slack-jawed in front of her computer*

I have no words befitting the penultimate chapters of this unbelievably good story.

But wait! I DO have a word for this: ...a confirmation of Dark passing into yellow Light.

Poetic.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

oldj

P.S. Deaths have dramatic resonance and give weight to a good fiction, but I don't have to like them.

3. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    "Uh-oh?"

You can say that again.... Sha goes boom? :eek: I am holding out faith that he just had to "flip his switch" and shut down his Force presense for some reason. Yah, I like to believe characters are alive no matter the evidence to the opposite (hey, I still think Anakin Solo is alive and they burned some unfortunate imposter in an oolagith (sp?) masker on Hapes... anyway!). And Wedge? Nah, he can't die, Rogues do the impossible all the time.

And a huge Wampa high five for having Jagged Fel, a mere mortal, kill a Dark Jedi! This has been something I have wanted to happen in canon. I think Han Solo should get to kill the MAIN DARK BADDIE instead of Luke or Jacen or Luke. Yes, I doubt Han or Jag could do it hand-to-saber, but you found the perfect way - in a starfighter. I think their intelligence closes the Jedi Gap to a certain degree, thanks for showing Jag (and Han's) talents for strategy, piloting skills, and sheer determination.

Now as long as Ventress stays dead... See I don't ask for much; bad guys dead, good guys alive!

Also, you are doing a great job with Sha's (and Jaina and most Jedi's) constant struggle to stay on the side of "retribution" versus the dark side of "vengence"...

"Justice isn't a sin, Father."
    "Yah, but vengence is..." --Daredevil

Wonderful chapters Trep, loving the ride on the "Solo Ion Highway".

'night
    JaY

P.S. I hope Boston treated you well yesterday, rain and all.

4. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    reserved for comment response-Trep

5. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 85

(Belkadan Settlement)

Jaina planted her X-Wing on the top of a large gracite structure towards the center of town and was hopping from the slow raising canopy before the first sequence of powerdown cycles could initiate. Leaving the task to Vale, her R-2, she shot across the roof without so much as a word.

On the fly she vaulted the parquet edge to the flat roof and landed solidly on an extended awning she had seen on the approach before flipping quickly to the dirt street, and continuing at a full run.

She could feel the brandish of assaulting waves emanating from the direction she took. Anguish, and pain, and loss, and hopelessness, and an assortment of the very emotions that could most destroy a person continued unhindered with a growing strength. They served as a spark to light her motivation of arriving that much quicker to the source.

Sporadic mercenaries lined her direct route here and there, but she paid them no mind as her legs carried her faster than their recognition of the threat. Her lightsaber never left her belt, nor would it. At that moment, she was not a Jedi Master or a pilot. She was not a daughter, a wife, or a mother. At that moment, she was only a friend. She was a friend who knew the mind-set that was percolating in Tahiri; she knew it too well, and was committed to make sure that when the blonde Jedi moved from the edge of that dangerous choice; the edge of that blade, it would be in the direction that felt wrong for the day, but redeemable in tomorrow?s mirror.

I owe that to Sha. She thought while turning the corner of a main thoroughfare in a blur. I owe Tahiri what he was able to do for me.

Jaina was not prepared for the sight that met her on the next negotiation of the street corner.

Standing on a pile of rubble was the contorted countenance of the blonde Jedi. Around her were the bodies of, nearly, fifty mercenaries, torn to pieces and left in squalor. Lining the street at the furthest distance they could secure without leaving her side in full, stood twenty Yuuzhan Vong warriors. Their expressions contradicted their stature and overt might. They stared on Tahiri with apprehension and concern. It was fear that was most prevalent of all.

?Tahiri.? Jaina yelled without slowing down. ?NO!? Although, she suspected by the scene that she was, already, delinquent in her arrival.

As she came closer, the figures of her Uncle and Aunt, as well as Kyp and the two Barabels trotted in from the opposite direction. Jaina saw their approach and confirmed a decision.

?No, Uncle.? She yelled while holding up a hand and continuing to move closer to the suffering presence. She entered the Force and connected with her Aunt and Master.

Allow me to address this alone. She sent. It has to be me.

Mara slid to a stop with the thoughts filing into her mind. She pushed out an arm and caught her husband across the midriff who slowed to her suggestion.

?Jaina needs to do this.? She said softly while reaching out with her other arm and blocking Kyp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina moved from a run to a trot to a slow steady walk. She never stopped moving forward to Tahiri?s position. She risked the pain of perception by attempting to enter into the blonde Jedi?s thoughts and found a whirl wind of indecision and disbelief. Her focus was wild and unpredictable. One part of her seemed to be battling the other for dominance. Vengeance or acceptance. Violence or resignation. Action or complacency. Moving forward or turning back. There was naked aggression looking for another release.

?Symerra.? Jaina said softly as she reached the bottom of the rubble.

Tahiri had not even noticed her best friend until that moment arrived. Slowly she moved her vacant line of sight down from her perch to see Jaina staring back up to her cautiously. A long silent moment was exchanged with no words or movement.

6. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    I knew it!

Ok, so I read the end first....

More later.

JaY

EDIT:
    Trep, I like how you took the time to wrap up all the various plot lines here. Tahiri's eventual acceptance is inspiring and good thing it took less effort than/because of Jaina's dark journey. I thought all of the reactions you portrayed were extremely accurate. And again... stupid Senators.

Nice work, I can't wait for more.

'night
    JaY

7. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    alright fine i guess i should stop lurking in some misguided hope for a bonus post and go back to sleep as this is a sick (ironically lost my voice) day from work and darth real life

8. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    I'll see about adding another post later today.

My Broadband fizzled out just after posting above...and I reconnected on modem to black out my author's notes, because some folks read bottom to top... :confused: :D

I think you'll like what comes down the pike right through the finish of this episode and the two (you heard me) Epilogues...

Good stuff....

Thanks for reading
    Trep

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm still here, though trying to catch up.

But I had to say that I thought you killed them. :eek:

Thank the Force you didn't.

10. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    :D
    Okay, now I can live happily. :)
    Omas and his buddies are getting mocked in the media;
    Tahiri handled it as well as can be expected (and will be in for a pleasant surprise);
    Jaina handled it well and has an awesome husband and will be even happier;
    And Iella and her girls won't be tortured for too long.

We're too used to evil authors ruining good things, and that's why we believed the worst. Have you read any canon lately? :)
    Next time we'll be better.
    -Zetta

11. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    I was just accepting that they were dead. So there was a deeper reason there was no memorial for Sha... one deeper than the characters have realized yet.

And I agree... Jag is awesome in this story. I think it speaks great depths for him to be able to get rid of a Dark Jedi and for it to be totally believeable.

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I knew it all the time :p

13. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    Ok so the four hour nap made me punchy! I have to go watch Revenge of the Sith before the "OTHERS" come home and my sick day is over.

JaY

14. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 86

(New Honoghr; Formerly Belkadan Planetary system)

?I feel terrible.?

Wedge laughed. ?You aren?t special in that designation there, sport.? He turned a bit more serious. ?You have some bad lacerations on your back. And, I?m not sure, but you probably have a broken right shoulder, plus a nice collection of burns.?

Sha explored the area in the Force as much as he dare. He felt weak and devoid of potency. As he did so, a dim illumination evolved from a flame in Wedge?s hand. He saw the pained face of the older man. ?How about you? You don?t look so good.?

?Two broken legs and some other stuff.? He said with a grimace. ?At least it gets me off the dance floor for the near future.?

?Options??

Wedge chuckled. ?That?s your department, kid. I don?t have the mobility to go exploring.?

?Others??

?Five.? Wedge said with a nod. ?I think we all fell through the deck or something. I dragged those that were alive over to a cleared area over there.? He tossed his head, and it appeared as if, even, that small gesture caused pain to the General. How he dragged anything with two broken legs was a question he would have to ask him at another time.

Sha followed the gesture and heard low moans through the darkness. ?Any visible exits??

Wedge laughed while pulling a lightsaber hilt from his side. ?You tell me.?

Sha managed a smile and reached out cautiously. He felt the pull of newly formed clotting along his back. ?Good start.? Wedge nodded with the words while handing him the hilt and a portable water holder.

?Get it together, kid.? Wedge said with a grin. ?And, then you and I are gonna get our latent posteriors back to our kin.?

Sha nodded with a grin of his own while glancing at the closeness of the ragged supporting walls. ?This seems a bit confined to be part of the Labyrinth.? He reached down and was elated to find a working datapad. Entering a series of codes, a read out of the tracking device showed their immediate vicinity. He handed the illuminated legend to Wedge.

?Tunnel of some sort.? Sha said. ?It seems to lead to Fenn?s Chambers.?

Wedge studied it for a moment before glancing back to Sha. ?Escape tunnel??

Sha nodded. ?And what would she require once she was through the tunnel??

Wedge nodded with pain and chuckled. ?There you go, Kid.? He said while glancing through the rubble blocking the route they would need to take. ?Here?s hoping the crazy Twi?lek was thorough.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?This is taking forever.? Sha said shakily on the cusp of another black out.

?Better than sitting her waiting for the worms.? Wedge said from his sitting lean against the support wall. ?Don?t know about you, Sha, but I need a drink, and no one?s serving down here.?

Sha nodded after a deep breath to steady his vision. ?On me when we get back.?

Wedge nodded to himself. Keep going, Kid.

The purple hued blade reverberated loudly with each calculated cut. A long pause would follow as the injured Jedi would, gingerly pull the cut debris away, and pass it along to the stationary, Wedge. Gradually, the efforts were making a dent, and the welcome essence of fresh air started to rise. It was the motivation that both men needed.

?Smell that?? Sha asked with a managed grin.

?Smell it?? Wedge laughed through the pain. ?Hell, I?m swimming it.? Then he paused. ?I?ve been giving some thought to what will have to do, provided there is a ship at the end of this tunnel.?

Sha considered the remarks while taking a needed rest. He could feel the warm blood dripping down his back from the exertion. ?Commlink anyone with ears was my thought.?

?Yeah; if we have that option.? Wedge said with a nod. ?But, if we don?t, I don?t necessarily want to go up in a vessel that the Noghri are going to label as a hostile, and then end up as starfood after all of our efforts.?

?What then??

Wedge paused and exhaled. ?I was thinking

15. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Grevious!?!
    When does the evil end!?!

Wow. It must have been amazing for them to find those guys. I can't wait to see the reactions of everyone else.

16. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Pooor, tired and injured Wedge and Sha.
    Who are alive! :) Which makes everything okay, even if it does hurt to be them for a while. :)

Cal Omas... Well, I always knew that jerk was evil. Okay, so maybe I only started really believing that during Destiny's Way, but still. It's good that you're proving it here.
    But, uh... How is Grievous alive? Is it the same one?! Wow. I'm assuming that the extermination will be unpleasant for the Jedi, should it suceed... *gulp*

And yay! They're home, they're allive, and all is well and good. As soon as everyone finds out, that is. :)

Glad to see the happiness,
    Zetta

17. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Someone had to get Ventress out of incarceration on Rattatak. Why not one of her old associates who had equal disdain for the Jedi...Reactions come in tomorrow's post... In fact, I might make it a multi-multi post day and put up the end of the episode, and the epilogues... (some special guest appearances)

General Grievous Shakar...the same detestable presence from Episode III....that's the one. How is the Kaleesh cyborg still alive after Obi-Wan, presumably blasted him? Explanation will be provided. I tend to think it is a good one...but that's just me. I needed a good antagonist for "Triad." Grievous was perfect in many ways, as you will see if you choose to read it.

Okay...home stetch...a couple of cryptic and vague teasers for the rest of "DD."

Poignant re-union(s). :D Nothing left unsaid. :_| A new focus. [face_worried] A new perspective. [face_thinking] A class act by Wes Janson (go figure). :eek: A revelation confirmed. =D= Another revelation confirmed. ;) Old enemies are best fought with the help of old friends. [face_shhh] An Apprentice gains an additional mentor. [face_peace]

May the Force be with you,
    Trep

18. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    =D=

Just =D=

oldj

19. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Yes! Post multiple posts tomorrow!
    :)
    Just had to say it. :)
    -Zetta

20. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    Two wonderful chapters in one day, we are not worthy. I can't wait for tomorrow.

'night
    JaY

21. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 87

(Ossus Planetary System)

?And there was no other information provided that could explain the request?? Jag inquired. The comm recording made little sense. Why would a visit to the medcenter be cause for celebration?

?I told you all I know.? Jaina responded. ?The holorecording said to join Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara in the Stabilizing Sector of the medcenter. Prepare to celebrate. That?s all mom said. Verbally, anyway.?

?What about non-verbally?? Jag asked while glancing down to assure that Mindrea was negotiating the steps leading up to the main entrance of the structure without difficulty. Mindrea anticipated the look and smiled back widely before returning her attention to the next non-slip tread. Jag paused for a moment and raised an eyebrow with the total change in demeanor from his daughter.

?Non-verbally?? Jaina repeated while letting go of Mindrea?s hand as she reached the top step. She stopped and turned to Jag. ?She was smiling wider than my Dad after way too many half filled glasses of that amber liquid we brought back from Bakura last year.?

Jag took a deep breath and was going to respond, but noticed that Mindrea had wandered through the entrance without them, so he extended a hand for his wife to precede him through the large doorway to the medcenter. When they had caught up to the little girl, who now had entered into a carefree skip, he continued without taking an eye off his daughter?s odd behavior considering current events.

?I admire your Uncle, Jaina, but you will forgive me if I do not feel much like revelry.? Jag said without emotion. Jaina had no idea how close of a friendship he had established with Sha until the day of his death. Jag had retracted, although temporarily, into a shell. It was compounded by the loss of his Uncle Wedge. Still, Mindrea and she were able to crack through the exterior and tenderize the hardness little by little in the last couple of days. It caused her to glance to her daughter.

Thank you, sweetie. She thought. She received a sweet little smile in return. Something had snapped the little girl out of the doldrums of missing her friend and her chosen Uncle Sha. She had, even, drawn a picture earlier that morning that showed the lost Jedi standing at a large viewer. The perspective was from outside looking in. Jaina felt that her daughter was coming to terms and starting to heal. At least that was something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina caught her Aunt?s face towards the end of the long hallway as she moved out to greet the approaching party. There was no mistaking the wide smile she held. It seemed out of place, not only in the surroundings, but in the time they found themselves. It was callous if not uncomfortable. Jaina thought.

?Bout time.? Mara said while moving forward with a growing grin and hugging Jaina with more strength that she thought appropriate. Jaina stepped back in recognition. If she didn?t know better, she would venture to say that her Aunt was teetering on the edge of qualified tipsy.

?Aunt Mara.? She shook her head with the words and was about to bring the issue to the forefront. She never thought she would be lecturing her Aunt on proper decorum.

Mara just laughed and held up a flute of celebratory drink that she must have concealed upon arrival. She tossed her head to the entrance to the room and towards the growing sound of happy voices emanating out into the hallway.

Jaina took one last look to her Aunt and then shrugged to Jag, who seemed just as confused and hurt as she did. Reaching down for Mindrea?s hand, they entered the room meant for a series of bacta tanks.

It was surreal. The faces of family and friends were strewn throughout the large room. They all turned at her arrival with wide grins and satisfied smiles. There was a table teeming with various finger foods, and even music playing on a military comm-unit standing in the corner. Even Iellla Antilles portrayed the appearan

22. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Yay for the happy reunion! :)
    Really enjoyed Jaina's initial desire to scold them for turning into happy people so quickly. :)
    Mindrea's actions were great too. :)
    And then the reactions from her and Jag when they found out the truth.
    Aww...
    Poor Tahiri and Symmerra. :( To think that Sha was dead... :(
    Poor Tahiri for feeling so guilty- I think Sha will not be too worried about her temporary loss of sanity, though I'm sure he won't be jumping through hoops over it.
    Looking forward to more... :)
    Zetta

23. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Okay, so there are a few more reasons to love your Jagged Fel.

Poor Tahiri and Sym. I'm so glad they eventually believed Mr. Hero Flyboy.

That was a wonderful lead-in, too, with the Fel's feeling like they needed to dress down their family and friends for celebrating at such an awful time!

I search for this fic's updates every day ... I don't know what I'll do when the last of it is posted!

oldj

24. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I think we're both in the same boat. We will be waiting with baited breath for the sequel!!! :D

S.

25. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Zetta: Thanks for the nice comments once again...

OldJ & Skywalker64089 : Worry not fellow Star Warsians... "Triad" is complete, and edited...and ready to go. I will, more than likely, let a week pass so I can finish up a Luke and Mara series I'm doing (Cut of Jade). And then I will start posting...

I'll get another chapter of DD up tonight...and then one tomorrow...

After that, we have two Epilogues...There should be only one, but I got this wild plot bunny a while back and it turned into a long post that fits nicely...(in my opinion)

Cheers
    Trep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.