main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Dark Diplomacy" Epilogue I & II (FINAL & COMPLETED) Nov. 11th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005

CHAPTER 88

(Ossus Planetary Systerm; Ossus Space Center; On board the Indigo Sky)

?Well, Symerra.? Jag said as he deftly floated the large pleasure craft into the allotted berth. ?I believe you have a welcoming committee.?

The little girl, webbed into the co-pilot seat with her mother, was too small to see out the forward viewer. Not deterred, she entered the Force and felt Mindrea and Cinya waiting anxiously for her arrival. A smile wasn?t far behind.

Well, that is one smile. Jag thought while glancing up to the concerned expression of her mother. She, obviously, had apprehension about facing her peers.

?It would appear as you both do.? Jag added while noticing activity from the far edge of the expansive hanger. At first, it appeared to be a few sporadic people striding towards the pad. After a closer examination out the port viewer, the truth became more apparent.

Moving across the deck in the pedestrian designated lines, were just about all Jedi that had participated in the Belkadan mission. Those in the group that were not opposed to displaying expression were smiling widely at the sight of their arrival. Jag tried to search out Jaina, but knew she would still be at the medcenter with her Aunt.

He assumed that the creased brow and closed eyes of the young Jedi was reflective of a search for familiarity of Force signatures. When she opened her eyes, the expression could only be described as astonishment.

?It would appear that you have a lot of support.? He said while starting the power down sequence. ?I will finish up here. You two should acknowledge your friends, and get to the medcenter. I remember how much better it made me feel to see Jaina outside of my, one and only, bacta experience.?

Actually, Jag had felt it one of the most uncomfortable experiences in his life. Jaina and he were still exploring their relationship, and floating helpless in a tank of red gel while wearing nothing more than a white undergarment was a vulnerability that he did not relish. At the time, Jaina was predisposed to making him squirm under her roaming eyes, and there was little left to the imagination. Now, however, he supposed it wouldn?t bother him half as much.

Tahiri nodded quickly and fumbled to remove the crash webbing on her daughter and herself. Once they were standing, they moved swiftly out of the hatch. Jag had returned to the console, when he heard movement behind him. As he turned, Tahiri moved to his side and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

?You?re a good friend, Jagged.? Tahiri said awkwardly. ?To my whole family.? With that, she moved quickly out of sight to catch up with Symerra and activate the starboard hatch.

Jag paused for a moment and shook his head briefly before returning to his methodical focus. He spoke softly to himself.

?Timing.? He spat with self-degradation. ?That has to be one of the sorriest attempts at anything that you ever levied, Jagged Fel. Could you not come up with something better than that??

Jag knew the seduction of the Dark side. His wife had, eventually, been very open with him in explaining her own experiences. It was at that moment in their relationship that he knew that they were eternally committed to each other based on the incredible trust that was required to share something so personal, and so, potentially, destructive.

If it meant that Tahiri would consider him shallow and narrow-minded due to the singularity that he applied to his point of view of Darkness and evil; That was fine with him. He, only, wanted buoy her up so that she could face, directly, what she had experienced. He knew from what Jaina had shared, that it was not something that should be ignored or swept under a carpet. Despite the selective honesty in his words to the young Jedi, he supposed that sometimes being selective in that regard can serve better purpose than the direct truth. In reality, he was not a Jedi. But, as he nudged Ventress towards the yellow dwarf, he

2. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I can't imagine walking in on a celebration like that when you think you've lost some people who are really important to you. Although... I don't have to now because you just wrote it. :) How awkward for them.
    And I really didn't expect Tahiri to react like that. She must have really been someplace dark to think Jag would make that up just to get them to come back.
    Really my favourite thing of this post though, was Jag and his double clicks. :)

Edit: Looks like another post went up while I was catching up and replying. Great reunion. Sha is practically back to normal. Although I think putting anyone in a tank for prolonged periods of time would make them a bit stir crazy.

3. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    This is the way I'm looking at my fic. (in my opinion) is the one that matters.

Just call Sha the Escapist. :D

S.

4. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    Must get back to studying stats, but wanted to tell you that I loved his escape attempt. :)
    -Zetta

5. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Simply amazing!=D=

And if that was Jag's "sorriest attempt" I have to see his best.

Sha's escape and Wedge gooey laughing had me rolling.

'night
    JaY

6. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 89

(Ossus Planetary System; Fel Residence)

Jaina turned from her sitting position on the floor after sorting through a crate of dishes that they had received as a wedding gift, but never believed they would ever use. As she looked up to Jag, the laugh couldn?t be contained.

Facing her with a perplexed expression was a tall regal looking man dividing his attention between his right and left hand in consideration of the appropriate Life Day decoration. Jag caught her acknowledgment and looked over with a slight smile.

?Piny the Space Ranger?? He tossed his head to the banner in his right hand. ?Or, my personal favorite, Leopold T. Thrustfire, Protector of all Here and There?? He tossed his head to the sparkling banner in his left hand. ?Frankly, I am torn.?

?Oh, how far you have fallen.? Jaina said, truly enjoying this side of her husband. ?And, if you need to ask, you are falling short on your fatherly duties, as well.?

Jag shook his head. ?Piny it is.?

Jaina laughed again. Just hearing him say it was more than she could take. ?Piny.? She nodded in amused confirmation.

Jag nodded back in resignation. ?I believe I will acquire a library access for our daughter.? He said while, reluctantly, placing Leopold T. Thrustfire back in his store bought container. Jaina didn?t miss how careful he was in the process. ?How can our daughter find interest in such a?farcical character??

?Study the image on the container, Fel.? Jaina said while turning back to the dishware. ?Piny has eight laser batteries on that colorful skip.?

Jag gained new interest and picked up the carton. ?Hmmm.? He said in consideration. ?Eight laser arrays, two ion cannons, and a grappling hook. My mistake.? He watched Jaina?s shoulders bob in response and smiled to himself.

His amusement was broken up by a door chime piercing the clanking of dishes.

?Ah, a diversion. Miss Space Ranger will have to be patient.? Jag said while moving out of the living quarters and towards the anti-room. ?Perhaps it is Kyp coming to lend a hand in our Piny adventure.?

Jaina didn?t look up, but took a moment to pause at what a vision that would be. Jagged Fel and Kyp Durron hanging up Life Day decorations for their daughter?s party al a Piny the Space Ranger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jag moved to the front entrance and countermined the security code with a small device in his pocket. When the door swung open, there was no one in sight on the illuminated step. Taking a stride into the cool night air, he glanced into the dark surround before noticing the small package in front of him. He studied it for a moment before taking another look around.

No one.

He scooped up the small parcel and returned to the living quarters while pulling a small flimsiplast from the top.

?Another gift for the Princess?? Jaina asked after a glance.

?No.? Jag said while studying the message. His expression changed as he progressed. ?For us.?

?From whom??

Jag paused and leveled his vision to Jaina with amusement. ?It?s signed, Unity Twelve.?

?Janson?? Jaina let out in a stunted laugh. ?I wouldn?t open it inside. It?s liable to explode.?

Jag shook his head while handing the message to Jaina. She turned around and started to read.

TO: Colonel Jagged Fel & Lt. Colonel Jaina Solo-Fel

Sir?s:

I have had the privilege of flying in the same skies with many over my lifetime; several of which have refused to repeat that honor after the fact. I am aware of my reputation, and have never paid it much concern. My life, my terms.

However, despite my ?behavior? to the contrary, I can state without reservation that sharing the skies over Belkadan with Unity Lead and Unity Two was more than a privilege, and, truly, something that I will take with me to the grave (should the crazy Gamorrean I hustled on Gyndine ever catch up with me?not likely).

You are the best of the best,

7. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    I come home to find that this is updated.
    I knew there was a good reason to skip my law class! :)
    Just love all of the happiness and family togetherness. :) Really really really do.
    Also really loved Jag's dilemna over which banner to go with. lol. The toughest choices... :)
    And then, of course, the arrival of the Fels... Gotta love the happiness. :)
    -Zetta

8. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 90

(Ossus Planetary System; Fel Residence)

?Tell me how I can help.?

Jaina glanced to Tahiri and reached forward with two fingers to push up both sides of her mouth. ?Smile and pretend you?re having a good time.?

Tahiri exhaled while pasting on a forced smile.

?Nice try.? Jaina said while looking at all the guests fawning over the three girls. She tossed her head to the display. ?Learn from you daughter.?

Symerra, along with Mindrea and Cinya, were overflowing the room with joy. The very sight was contagious and a smile sneaked through.

?Better.? Jaina said as she placed another item in one of three large carry bags. ?Sha won?t miss anything. This is a mobile party that has the medcenter as the next port of call.?

Tahiri chuckled. ?I?m not so sure that isn?t just plain cruel. General Antilles is likely to be disappointed watching your father down a glass of brandy in front of him.?

The comment caused Jaina to search out the ex-smuggler. She paused in her tasks, seeing him standing rather near to the other grandfather of the family. Tension in the expressions would have been an understatement.

?Here.? Jaina said handing Tahiri another item to place in the carry bag. ?I have to serve as mediator.? Tahiri saw her focus and didn?t envy the task. As she watched her negotiate the gathering as discretely as possible, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

?Hiding in the kitchenette may secure you employment as a cook. But, a waste none the less.? Jacen said with a raised eyebrow.

?I?m not hiding.?

?No?? Jacen said as he took one arm, and Tenel Ka took the other and led her into the living quarters. ?Good.?

At first she protested, but finally relented. When Symerra noticed the approach, she bound past her two friends and took a flying leap into her arms.

?Hi Mommy.? Involuntarily, Tahiri compared the grinning face before her to the one she had seen mere days before.

?Hi, sweetie.? She said with a quick hug and a smile. ?Having a good time??

Symerra leaned close. ?Grandpa Han said I?m turning into a debytant.? She whispered with a look of inquiry.

?Debutante.? Tahiri corrected with a smile. ?It means that you are turning into a proper young lady.?

Symerra grinned wide with the revelation. ?Oh.? She said while nodding. ?He said it after we hid his drink. I thought it was something bad.?

?Why did you hide his drink??

?It was Mindrea?s idea.? She said with innocence. ?The tall man with the patch thing told her it would be himrous.?

?Himrous??

?Humorous.? Jacen corrected with a laugh while shaking his head. He glanced to Tenel Ka. ?Would your father consider such a ploy??

Tenel Ka stared back before responding. ?I fear he has, already, done far worse in the past, dear one.?

Jacen let out a low whistle. ?Should we ever have cause to bring them together, we will have to be vigilant.? Tenel Ka?s arched her brow at the remarks.

?The implications of such a statement interest me.?

Jacen?s responded in a sly grin before pushing Tahiri forward and deeper into the room. ?It should.? He replied without turning to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soontir glanced to Han and leveled a stare while the ex-smuggler gave an imperceptible nod in recognition. They had, casually, moved closer to each other until they stood side by side a couple meters from the living-quarters viewer. When their mark was close enough, Han started in without delay.

?Fel.? He said as smoothly as possible. ?We need to talk.?

?Oh?? Soontir responded with absent interest. ?Are you going to lecture me on something that you find objectionable? Or, are you interested in insulting my past??

Han took a deep breath to steady his temper. ?No.? He said while stealing a glance in the reflection of the viewer. ?I?m afraid I have to warn you about something.?

?Warn me?? Soontir chuckled deeply. ?About what, Solo??

Han paused to add weight to h

9. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Like Jaina, Soontir and Han had me going there for a minute. I was wondering why in the world they would say stuff like that. Good party. Good surprise guests. That ending reminded us though that the happy isn't going to last forever. It sort of reminded me of Episode III. Poor Jedi.
    Looking forward to the epilogues and congratulating you on finishing this remarkable piece of work.

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Congrats on ending this story :) General Grevious is coming hurray, hurray [face_dancing]

11. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    I couldn't figure out what Han and Soontir were drinking that made them go that way, and then i got it. :) lol. Very cute.
    Again, loving all the happiness, impressed that you managed to sneak in the hint of things to come, too. As good a teaser for the next one as the teaser you posted a while back. :)
    I'm looking forward to and dreading the epilogues- I've enjoyed this one so much I'm not sure it should end! :)
    -Zetta

12. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Thanks much...all kinds of fun to write. Hope you tune into "Triad". I won't pull one of those deals where you have to wait six months to a year to read the sequel...I plan on putting the first chapter up in about a week.

Thank you...You read the equivalent of a good sized novel...it came in at over 800 pages...Go figure. Grievous...*har* Should be a good ride...

I know you'll love the epilogues. I'll let you in on a hint. I still get a tad emotional when I read the one...even after writing it and molding it so many times... The other epilogue is a bit of a surprise...and lays some groundwork for Triad...

Thanks for reading from the beginning...Glad you enjoyed it.

Here's the final listing of planetary systems visited in this story:

Honoghr
    Ossus
    Yavin
    Belkadan
    Sernipdal
    Denon
    Kashyyyk
    Csilla
    Bimmiel
    Hapes
    Zonama Sekot
    Seris Prime (made it up :eek: )
    Lianna
    Gyndine
    Corellia
    Almania

Now, about TRIAD.

Things you should know:

--Starts up five years post Dark Diplomacy
    --All your Canon favs' are back, bold and beautiful
    --Might be a one or two new faces (very new *wink *wink*)
    --Indigo Sky gets a few upgrades
    --Chiss get into the game
    --Bakura plays a role
    --Symerra, Mindrea, and Cinya take Masters
    --Ben comes into his own
    --Mara gets that edge back
    --Luke...well, Luke is Luke

And so the story goes...

Cheers,
    Trep

13. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Oh, sure, get me even more excited about what's to come in this one and the next... *sigh*

I hate to say it, but I'm glad you're taking a week off from posting- it should give me enough time to go back and reread the prequel and this one again. Though I'm sure I'll regret saying that the moment that I finish this one again. :)

So... hurry up and post the epilogues already! I don't want to get started on the rereading until this one is completely done, and I have a feeling it might take a while to read them again... :)

(I should feel bad for trying to get you to hurry, considering that most of the time we're lucky to get a post a week from other authors, but... well, I'm spoiled by you now, so blame yourself. :) ).
    -Zetta

14. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    EPILOGUE #1

Two weeks later:

(Ossus)

?All I know is what?s on the datacard.? Tahiri said with amusement. She held it up while Mara glanced to her husband. ?He?s been in meditation for the entire day.?

Luke motioned to the datacard that Tahiri held in her hand. ?May I??

Ever since the unexplained disappearance of Master Octa Ramis and her Apprentice, Luke had become more hands on. No matter the task, he wanted to know as much information as was available.

Tahiri nodded and handed it to him before moving to her daughter and wrapping the girl in a hug from behind. Symerra reciprocated by leaning back into the grasp.

Luke looked to Mara as he slid the datacard into the slot and took in the legend.

Dearest,

There is something that I am compelled to do. I could tell you that it is the will of the Force.

It is.

But, it is much more than that. It is the will of a part of me. I know you will understand the meaning behind that simplicity in time.

I will be spending the day at the Jedi Aborrarium in meditation. What occurs tonight will require the full strength of all that I possess. And, it will, also, require your assistance.

Please invite the following friends to our home this evening. It is imperative that they come. Although, I don?t think that you will have any difficulty convincing them. All have been more than kind to us since my return. I think that 20:00 hours should suffice.

Master Luke Skywalker
    Master Mara Skywalker
    Apprentice Ben Skywalker
    Leia Organa Solo
    Han Solo
    Master Jacen Solo
    Master Jaina Fel
    Mindrea Fel

I know that this will provoke questions, suppositions even. I can only tell you that something special will occur. I need you to trust in my words, and to allow me this day to prepare.

Love as Always,
    S.

Luke glanced up from the message as he experienced a shared curiosity from his wife through the Force. He looked for insight from her having been one of Sha?s mentors in his formal training.

Mara shook her head and shrugged. ?You never know with him.? She said in resignation. ?One thing is clear, however.?

?And that is?? Luke said with anticipation.

?It?s clear that I wouldn?t want to miss whatever show begins in approximately?? Mara grabbed Luke?s wrist to take in his chron. ??five standard minutes.

Luke let out a long exhale as he glanced at the others. Most of the faces reflected his own internal concerns. Sha had been more reserved since the events on Belkadan. The free spiritedness of the Jedi was lacking. He no longer offered up the levity at a moment?s notice; although there were streaks here and there.

?I wish I knew what he had planned.? Luke said as he shook his head. ?There is great energy in the Force tonight. I sense that it is related to this congregation, and I know I should assist in some way.?

Mara smiled at her husband. ?Trust me on this, Luke.? She said with a genuine look of knowing. ?One thing I?ve learned about our boy from Sernpidal is that there are times when he must act on his own. Too many hands in the piranha beetle pot and all that.?

Luke was going to respond when the clatter of another arrival sounded from the anti-room of the Lorrisay dwelling. All eyes turned to the noise just as Sha entered the packed living quarters with a knowing smile. He stopped at the entrance and took in all the faces before him with a beam that had been missing of late.

?I recognize those expressions.? He said with a continued smile. ?If I didn?t know better I?d say you are considering holding me down in order to wrestle some explanation out me.?

?Not me, kid.? Han said while lifting his mug of caf? in his direction. ?Your wife knows how to make a good cup of swamp mud. I?m content and perfectly comfortable.?

Sha chuckled at the old ex-smuggler. ?I sense that you are in the minority.? He said. ?So, I think we should get right to it.?

Sha moved over to his wife and offered

15. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    BABIES! Fel baby!! Solo baby?? Lorrisay baby? Yay!!

Ok I haven't read any of today's posts and it is almost tomorrow here already.... so more reply later, maybe.

'night
    JaY

16. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Glad I didn't put my makeup on before I read this. It would be streaming down my face.
    *sniff*
    I miss Anakin!!!!!!
    -Zetta

17. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Trep,

I just wanted to let you know I'm making my way through your story...epic...magnum opus.

This is really great, and I like all the politics (almost as much as the romance ;)). As always, fantastic job on Jaina and Jag. I love how Jaina is not a Mary Sue in this fic (as much as I like her, I can't stand it when people make a Mary Sue out of her - some of her most endearing characteristics are her annoying ones).

One of the things I like best is the use of Asajj Ventress, who has got to be one of the coolest Jedi villains ever. If Dooku had ever actualy given her formal Sith training, she would have given Anakin Skywalker a lot more problems. Anyway, I'm glad you used her as opposed to more commonly used and cliched ones (like the Chiss :rolleyes: - I don't like reading about evil Chiss people). Granted, I actually haven't gotten to the Asajj parts, but I did skim through some recent posts and grew excited (it's why I started reading this story).

Another thing I like: the use of minor characters. It's nice to see the heros interact with the other heros, like Kyle Katarn. [face_love] And you've developed their personalities so nicely. Bravo! =D=

Dark Diplomacy is a really nice AU continuation of NJO - in fact, one of the best I've read. Again, I love the realism, politics, and Jedi conflicts. Too bad Dark Nest had to take place, right? :(

But it did, so while I continue churning out depressing Dark Nest fics, please continue your fabulous work with the wonderful characters and situations you've created. Sometimes, it's nice to pretend that Jaina never turned into a bug and instead had married Jag when she had the chance. And when those moments come, I can come and read your fics and forget the fact that Jaina is mind melded to Zekk while Jag is lonely in a ship full of six foot tall blue smurfs. :(

Anyway, that's it for now. I will hopefully have more in depth reviews later. :)

18. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    EPILOGUE II

Ossus Planetary System; Skywalker Residence)

?Proud of you am I, Young Master Luke.?

Luke smiled just on the cusp of sleep while eyes remained closed. Young to Luke was a relative term. He, certainly, didn?t feel young. Such a realistic voice accepting him as a fellow Master was an exceptional experience regardless of the medium.

It was rare when he could dream of such long lost friends. It was comforting to know that Yoda?s memory took such a prominent place in him that he should occupy his thoughts despite all that had happened in his life since that day he watched the 900 year old Master fade to embodiment with the Force.

?Yoda??

Luke?s head shot up off the bean packed vodid cloth that Mara had said would be good for his neck. It was the realization that he was not yet asleep that struck him. The conscious ability to make that determination told him that it wasn?t a dream.

?Long time since we spoke it has been.?

Luke searched the darkness of the drawn room. Nothing.

He looked down to the sleeper. Mara slept in even breaths, deep and soothing as a cascade of red gold hair spread out in a fan on her bare shoulders. He let his own shoulders relax in resignation that the haze of sleep had coerced him into acting on pure hope.

?Still doubts in the Force you have.? The amused and unmistakable chuckle of the small Master of all Masters followed as well; then two footfalls and a click, two footfalls and a click, two footfalls and a click on the hard Kashyyyk floor.

A blue glow started to evolve from the anti-room of the adjoining space attached to the sleeper quarters.

?Yoda?? Luke asked again towards the growing glow and the curious sounds. The question was a whisper.

?Still inquisitive as well are you?hmmm?? The emphasis on the query, now louder, was the undeniable raised falsetto of a long elusive voice.

?Yoda am I. Name I have not changed.? Followed dismissively.

Luke could, almost, imagine the errant wave of the small green fingers in support of the words.

He swung his feet out off the sleeper and leaned forward to take in the growing light. The apex of brightness came into view.

It was he.

Yoda took one more gimmer stick assisted step, stopped, and moved his concentration away from the floor and up to the disbelieving face of his focus from the center of the doorway. Both pointy ears seemed to retract to the sight while an appraising face evaluated the young Master. The deep recesses of the domed green brow dove to more profound nadir.

?Look as good at my age, you will not.? Again, the irrefutable self-amusement followed the comment. ?Looked as you at age 600, I did.?

Now Luke laughed softly as his eyes filled with moisture. It was cut short as he considered the whole.

?Master, you said I wouldn?t see you again.?

?Said you would not need me, I did.? Yoda shook his head and grunted. ?Wrong was I.? The added comment was a lower tone with self-disgust.

Luke pushed up from the bed and moved quietly to the Jedi Master of old. He descended quickly into a meditation position before him so that they were on a better eye level.

Again, Yoda took a few moments to evaluate the face before him before nodding with approval.

?Proud of you, Luke.? He said low and softly. Seriousness enveloped the tone. ?Grown in wisdom and calm, you have. Good that is. Necessary that will be.?

?Master??

?Hmmph.? Yoda looked to the floor in contemplation before looking back up to Luke. ?Darkness there is. Face it you will.? Yoda paused with an exhale and spoke quieter still. ?Losses there will be. Losses there have already been.?

Luke exhaled and nodded. ?Master Ramis.? There had been a growing tension in the back of his mind over the last few weeks. It had been elusive, but persistent. At first, he thought it to be a return to normalcy after the intense departure of Asajj Ventress, and the clarity of Light th

19. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    The Chewie part got me and then it was all downhill from there. :)
    Someone said it a few posts up, and its true: You have spoiled us in this thread, Trep. So thank you for that.

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *sigh*

Thank you, Trep, for writing and posting this so that we all might enjoy it.

The "visitors" to various Solo-Skywalker clan members were all memorable, and no doubt foreshadow much of what is to come. I'm so looking forward to reading TRIAD.

Your characterizations of Anakin, Yoda and Obi are just wonderful.

I've run out of superlatives, so I'll just reiterate the most important part of my message ... Thank You!

oldj

21. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    What?!
    It's over already?!?!?!?!
    :(
    Okay, I guess I'll say congratulations for posting such a wonderful, fabulous and fantastic story that is so good that it's the first one I look for updates for when I get the chance to check the boards.
    And thank you for writing it and making all of the characters so wonderful.
    I absolutely love what you've done with Jaina, and really really even more love what you've done with Jag.
    And I really love what you've done with your new characters, creating the triad with the girls and turning Ben into a character I actually like. (DN's Ben doesn't impress me much.)
    And Luke and Mara, and Tahiri and Sha, and Han [:D] and Leia...
    Thank you for entertaining us so well.
    I'll begin rereading tonight and I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new one. I really really can't wait to pick this up again. :)
    -Zetta

22. jaynasolofel

Jul 26, 2003
    Trep,
    Wow!

Again, thank you for sharing this story.

I liked the party planning, Sha's party crashing, the grandpas messing with Jaina, Ben messing with the datapad, the Fels' (and CEM) arrival and Janson's gift of praise.

And the epilogue was amazing - ANAKIN! LOVED IT! It really pulled everything back together and connected it with both Conduit and Triad (can't wait).

Your writing is wonderful; the characters, the details, the plot, the action, the laughter.... =D= =D= =D=

I have enjoyed reading and replying too.

JaY

23. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    I just wanted to take a few lines to thank those of you who took the time to read this little portion of the story. Trust me, I had as much fun writing it as you all seemed to have reading it.

As I mentioned before, the listing of those who seemed to have made the journey from the beginning is rather small, yet distinguished. And, actually, it made it a whole lot easier to find the next post. You don't have to go hunting through pages when fifty comments are in between. I believe the size of this one, probably, has something to do with that as someone had, kindly, pointed out previously.

I believe the final count came in well over 800 total pages (WORD 12 pt font). That's longer than the Unifying Force...

Your comments were appreciated, and I was touched by how complimentary everyone was. (PS: Inara...welcome aboard).

I was so pleased, in fact, that I'm going to give you the first portion to CHAPTER 1 of TRIAD this evening as a teaser. So, here goes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaser:

TRIAD

CHAPTER 1

(Ossus MedCenter)

?Push.?

?I would endeavor to do so it you would stop hawking over me and making the suggestion.? The strained voice returned.

Perspiration poured down her brow and coated her neck. The knuckles of her strong hand gripped the bar beside her with such ferocity that the area most exposed was ghost white in the effort.

?You?re doing fine.? He didn't know if she was or wasn't. He took Master Cilghal's non-expression as a guide post.

?Fine?? She responded while taking just a fraction of a moment to hammer home the disagreement with an acidic stare. ?You call this fine??

?Just a while longer.? It seemed like the right thing to say. He hoped it would only be a while longer.

A grunt of pain punctuated the support. ?Longer is not the problem. Wider is the problem.?

Silence followed, and despite her remarks showing the contrary, she needed to hear him at her side. A quick glance to her coach was made to determine the hold-up. A serene proud face returned.

?You?re running that extra kilometer, sweetheart.? He said calmly with a slight knowing grin. ?You don?t think you have any more left within you. But, you push on just the same, knowing the feeling of personal accomplishment that stands waiting for you at the finish. It is just another race. One will start the race, and two will finish.?

Tenel Ka paused just a moment and a sly grin evolved as she pushed with all she could find. ?That?is?what?I?need from?you.? The grin remained through the tremendous pain. Master Cilghal put up her webbed hand to halt the efforts as Tenel Ka relaxed for what she knew would be too short a pause. She managed to glance to Jacen, annoying grin and all.

?What are you wearing?? She said detestably while closing her eyes to summon more strength.

?I was helping my Dad with the Falcon when I got word.? He replied while looking down over the mask and to his grease covered jumpsuit. ?The markings you see reflect hard work.?

?Bad timing is, probably, a more accurate account.?

Jacen chuckled. ?Yeah, that too.? He responded recalling the lubricant shower he received. He would give her the free shots at his libido if it meant that his son would soon arrive. In fact, he was enjoying the expression of emotion she levied. It was such a change from her usual control.

Having worked into an ever shortening rhythm, Cilghal did not need to alert the mother-to-be when to start pushing again. She had plenty of stimuli that seemed to announce that instance with vigor.

?Last time.? The Mon Calamari said softly.

?I will hold you to ?THAT.? The Hapan Jedi said with emphasis while rocking forward and gaining another grip on the bar of the birthing repulsor chair.

?Professional courtesy would dictate a five standard minute head start if I am wrong.? The Master healer responded without lookin

24. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Excellent teaser, Trep. I liked how we didn't know for sure who it was at first, although I was thinking/hoping it was those two since Anakin had made then comment that his brother hadn't caught up yet.

And I forgot this is my last post:
    =D= =D= =D=
    I know you finished writing this before you finished posting it here, but congrats on making it to the end of one segment on the boards. And thank you for sharing it, once again.
    =D= =D= =D=

25. zettazofia

Apr 12, 2004
    Awwwwwwwwwww
    I'm turning into a mushy pile again. :)
    [:D] New baby!!!!

Now, I'm halfway through Conduit, and must try to pretend I don't know what will happen so I can be impressed all over again. :)
    -Zetta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.