main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V DARK DISCIPLE (Ventress/Vos novel) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    You haven't been stopped. Merely slowed down a bit ... ;)

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I can only assume there must be a large number of Ventress/Vos shippers out there somewhere.

Although of the options, I'd prefer they have Ventress kill Vos, than replace Khaleen with Ventress. The first is just another TCW death; the second would be... eugh.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In my moment of triumph? I think you over-estimate their chances!

TKT, Force Smuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "Del Rey are taking an awful risk. This had better work."

TrandoJedi, cwustudent, Ryus and 7 others like this.
  5. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So, I have a friend who is, like, a total geek and a hardcore WoW raider. She reads tons (way, way, way more than I do) and was interested in Azshara's character, being a bit bummed Azshara isn't featured much in the game.

So she gave one of the Warcraft novels by Golden a go. And, er, yeah... that was as far as she got, and decided to go back to reading books she actually found good.

That little story sums up my expectations for this. :p

6. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    my thoughts exactly

Zorrixor likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I actually rather liked her Starcraft and Ravenloft novels.

Circular Logic likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    ^:)^[:D]

TrandoJedi and Iron_lord like this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I remain willing to give Golden a fresh start. I wasn't much more into her FotJ stuff than the rest of you, but the whole series thing was such a train wreck that I'm not prepared to blame her writing inherently.

Ryus, Riv_Shiel, Cynical_Ben and 9 others like this.
  10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Good news! If this is a success it paves the way for more TCW arcs that were not finished being adapted to novel form! :D

11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I am.

CT-867-5309 and Zorrixor like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. First foray away from Denning (Pretty sure anyway) and even Allston wasn't up to his usual standards or at least he wasn't imo in FOTJ so I can cut her some slack.

13. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    As much as I want to see more Ventress (and I do indeed), Golden's name attached makes me a little... concerned. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that this one is good.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    Coming next year, the exciting new trilogy by Christie Golden: Dude of the Jedi! See a famous long-haired Jedi take on the remnants of a group of Force-users from some backwater planet!

[starring Quinlan Vos as Jaina Skywalker, Asajj Ventress as Vestara Kai, Obi-Wan Kenobi as Uncle Luke, the Witches of Dathomir as the Lost Tribe of the Sith, Mother Talzin as Abeloth and Bluntman's Bong as Jaina's lightsaber]

windu4, WMIRTUTSF, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would like to be excited about it but after seeing the storyboards for that unaired Ventress/Vos arc, I was glad the arc was never made, partly for the reason you mentioned:

Why was he carrying her unconscious form?

And I can't and don't want to imagine a Ventress/Vos romance, either with Comic!Vos or SurferDude!Vos.

I do get a little amusement out of the idea of SurferDude!Vos at a bar smoking a bong while Ventress sloshes back drinks; I could see him saying something that he thinks is all smooth just to get her attention, and she throws her drink in his face and asks the bartender for another one.

But that's as far as the fun goes in that pairing.

And that cover. What. The. ****. She has Michele Bachmann eyes. And the hair worked when she was a kid but now...Shaved!Ventress. Please and thank you.

I'll give it a read because it is Ventress, and I'm going to hope my pessimism turns out to be baseless.

Weird that this announcement was made right after I posted in a TV Forum thread that my head-canon fate for Ventress was likely better than anything TCW had in store for her and that Rebels should just let her be.

And here we go. :p

16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It sounds like Del Rey is on a tight leash, and it isn't written by Troy Denning, so at least it has those two things going for it.

Lady_Misty, cwustudent, Ryus and 5 others like this.
  17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    PSA: that art is probably not the actual cover. Remember, they do teasers now.

Iron_lord and Cynical_Ben like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Deserves a read for that reason though if Denning gets a new book I will be reading regardless. New start and all. Hope I don't regret it.

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Denning is probably too busy writing the EPISODE VII novelisation.

DelRiego likes this.
  20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Yes, I told someone today I had a terrible feeling that Denning was going to be announced as the writer of either the Episode VII novelization or its lead-in novel. I can feel it.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Finally, a novel to look forward to.

revan772 likes this.
  22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ugh, TCW, why must your awful ideas continue to haunt us? I was somewhat cheered when TCW was cancelled due to the Disney buyout, but we're still stuck with stories like this. And given the author, I have no hope either. True, all of FotJ was bad, even Allston's parts, but I think her one short story in Insider was somewhere between mediocre and bad.

I would wonder how they could come with such a crazy, strange and unwanted idea... but then I remember this is typical for TCW, so nothing new.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Prepare yourself.... for a lightsaber bisection, with full detail of all the innards that flop out of the dying corpse!

windu4, Ryus, Revanfan1 and 5 others like this.
  24. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    He'll explain all about Luke's lost hand and Han's accident. In detail.

Revanfan1, CooperTFN and Zorrixor like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Very gory and descriptive detail.