main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V DARK DISCIPLE (Ventress/Vos novel) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

As far as I know no

If they are going to Put that Arc out it will be in animatics.

YoungBossk likes this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Lol. You are fab, Barriss. I need to imagine Harley's voice for that character and a few others. Gosh. Now I imagine Palpatine with Mark Hamill's Joker voice and Vader with Harley Quinn's voice. Oh, mama. That's kraaazy! Lol.

3. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Interesting premise but it is really important how it's made/written .
    +Separatists, Dooku,Raxus,Pandora,Mustafar
    +Quinlan Vos
    +Asajj Ventress
    +/-Vos/Ventress

4. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I am so excited for this novel.If its awful:hilarious threads,memes and we will find out what happens when anakinfansince1983 runs out of wine.If its great I get to read a good book.however:"compassion is for those who deserve it" So Im going to assume the worst.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Doesn't happen.

TK with the cool user name, meet my sink:

[​IMG]

I think it will get put to good use just reading people's reviews of this book. Even the positive ones.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean who knows you gave the Final of Rebels a 10/10 so we never know.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And had a good laugh at all the posts assuming I would hate it.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean they had there reasons.

9. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    This explains a lot. Where can I get one of these may I ask?I don't drink but with the ST coming up I want to be prepared just in case.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    And if it's poorly written we won't be able to put all the blame of the author. :D

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

IKEA.

In the "Season 5 Ventress meets Hippie Vos: where domestic violence is acceptable if the girl is 'bad'" section.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    With Ventress, it's more likely she is dishing out the violence and it's played for fun because "lolwut you got hit by a woman hahaha".

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm willing to bet that Vos and Ventress will be written as having a mutual respect for a formidable adversary. They are both renegades in a way, they live outside of the rules set by each side. I don't see them fighting with each other, but perhaps some playful competition in completing their shared objective.

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I've been reviewing the pre-Clone Wars early issues of DH's Star War/Republic, specifically the Quinlan Vos issues. I'd forgotten that one of his early arcs heavily involves the Nightsisters on Dathomir. While some aspects of that arc are somewhat problematic to fully envelop as-is into the SGC, iIf passing reference to this doesn't come up in conversation at some point in the book, I'd consider it a fully wasted opportunity.

Doing what they did with Kanan #1 (referencing a Legends story in such a way that acknowledges the past events in a general way for the fans, but without necessarily bringing all the details of it into the canon) for Vos is too good of an opportunity. Especially now with Nightsister Ventress thrown into the mix (who of course was doing her thing training under Ky Narec on Rattatak during this time period).

[​IMG]

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Good point, I hope there is a throwback to those comics, even a mention of him encountering another coven of Nightsisters.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, even just him saying "You're not the first Nightsister I've ever met" would be fine with me.

17. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I also think I need one of those ,probably because of The Force Awakens .:D
    I hope I don't die by poisoning.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So has anyone else read this excerpt yet? It's hidden in the back of the Lords of the Sith one.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Sith-Paul-S-Kemp/dp/0345511441/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427380018&sr=8-1&keywords=Lords of the Sith#reader_0345511441

I'll say this: not too bad.
    We have Dooku order the destruction of a refugee fleet filled with civilians and a lone Aleena Jedi Master, as said Jedi is broadcasting to the Jedi Council. It's not Tsui Choi, though, kids.
    Still inexplicable TCW writing, though - for some reason Anakin has to be in attendance at a serious Jedi Council meeting. [face_plain] Also, Yoda just happens to have a candle on a table to his side in the council chamber. Hey, why not make it a metaphor? Oh, wait, too late - he has.
    Other appearances: Yoda, Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Depa Billaba, Mace, Kit Fisto, Oppo Rancisis.

19. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Hmm, that excerpt was actually pretty good.
    I wonder what super important mission Coleman Kcaj was on that caused him to miss this council meeting?

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Given that some are hoping expecting this to turn out pretty awful, I have to agree that it really wasn't all that bad. It certainly nailed the TCW "feel," but that's not a surprise since it was adapted from TCW scripts.

Now...I'm typically not one to nitpick...I much prefer to focus on what's good about a given project and overlook minor imperfections whenever I can, since that's what brings me the most enjoyment as a fan. But:
    I'm forced to admit that the business with that little table and candle that just happens to be sitting there next to Yoda when he needed a metaphor pulled me right out of it. It was a silly moment that unfortunately caused me to think about things like "where did the table come from?" and "why does he need it?" and "where did it go in ROTS?" instead of what Yoda was trying to illustrate. Had we seen Yoda push a button and the table rise out of the floor, or had it been explained that the table and candle were some affectation Yoda adopted after his experience with Qui-Gon's spirit and the Force priestesses, I may not have even noticed. As it is, the table and candle that only happen to be there when Yoda needs them reminded me a little of how Homer Simpson is only wearing a watch at those moments when he needs to check his watch, and it's never there any other time.
    That was way too much attention to pay to that particular nit, so I'll just say that it otherwise looks good and I'm optimistic for the book and the story as a whole.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So I guess even the novels are getting variant covers. :p
    [​IMG]
    Noto is the gift that keeps on giving. :D

22. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Nice cover, but I still struggle with Ventress' hair. Not that I have anything against her having hair at all, but I'm not sure that hair style suits her well...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I'd really like to get an up-close picture of Asajj's new lightsaber.

Aphra likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why on earth is Vader and ROTJ Palpatine on this cover?

25. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I think the cover is supposed to show depict the upcoming SW novels. Vader&Palpatine for Lords of the Sith, Quinlan and Ventress for Dark Disciple and the Imperials vs. Rebels...Aftermath?