main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Empire and Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarkJediDurron, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJediDurron

DarkJediDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    With unexpected suddenness a great a terrible sound rends the air and the battle dogs are hurled shrieking in all directions.

Han: "Gosh, Leia...I apoligize! I didn't know you could ..."
    Leia: "It wasn't me Han... Look!"

A shadowy figure menacingly familiar emerges from the ruins of the Imperial Palace....
    The figure gestures... A simple gesture.... The gesture of a Jedi, A gesture that moves, ever so slightly, the internal mechanisms of the weapon droids.

Leia: "Luke!"

This passage from the comic series Dark Empire. But what if instead of Leia seeing Luke, what if she saw Darth Vader. Don't think about how, why or, if it was possible to happen, what do you think if Darth Vader had actually been on Coruscant protecting the Rebels. How do you think the galaxy would have changed if Darth Vader was alive and somewhat well? If it had happened how do you think it would've been possible? Tell me your ideas.

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Darth Vader is dead, lets keep it that way. One of the biggest objections to DE was that it brings back Palpatine and trivializes Anakin's sacrifice.

However, if Anakin survived, he probably would have been tried for his crimes as Darth Vader. No doubt in my mind about that.

3. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Well if Kyp can be forgiven by the NR why not Vader?

4. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    I think this post needs to be closed... again.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    As has been stated several times on this forum, Vader was originally suppose to have returned in Dark Empire. Instead, Palpatine returns.

However, it is intresting to note that Luke's introduction in DE has him looking like Vader when we first see him. Then the hood is pulled back to reveal that instead of the armor clad figure we seemed to have seen, we actually saw Luke deal with the battle dogs.

6. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    WhiteBoy's right, Anakin would be tried. It would be the Trial of the Galaxy. Anakin, free of his armor, would deny having actually been Darth Vader. Ditzy protocol droid K80-KLN corroborates his story. A galaxy-wide hunt for evidence would fail to turn up his infamous dark clothes. Except, of course, the Glove of Darth Vader. Before Rodian Judge Greeto, as the whole galxy is tuned in on the holonet, Anakin Skywalker slips the glove onto his hand...And it won't go past his thumb. If it doesn't fit, you must accquit!

7. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    LOL !

I don't want to have the write the whole situation out again, but look at the NR's position in the war before and after DE, and you'll see that Palps actually stuffed things up majorly and turned the Empire's practically-won-the-war position to an almost-impossible-to-win-from position. I proposed that Palps' bad decisions were due to overexposure to DS energies resulting directly from Anakin's sacrifice. There is evidence for this, but i'm too tired to type it up, just look at Palps' behaviour form DE and compare to TPM and others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.