main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Dark Empire II," by Tom Veitch and Cam Kennedy [Dark Horse Comics, 1992]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by dp4m, Feb 6, 2003.

?

"Dark Empire II," by Tom Veitch and Cam Kennedy [Dark Horse Comics, 1992]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

16.7%
  2. 9

4.2%
  3. 8

4.2%
  4. 7

4.2%
  5. 6 (Average)

12.5%
  6. 5 (Average)

8.3%
  7. 4

9.7%
  8. 3

5.6%
  9. 2

1.4%
  10. 1 (Poor)

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002

Could of, should have been better.

2. STG_Mudshark

STG_Mudshark Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I got DE 2 MANY years ago back when I was in 6th or 7th grade discovering Star Wars. I really liked it then. Now I have to cringe at the force diologue (no not Force, forced, no pun intended at all) and the wide plot hole left between DE 1 (which is much better) and whatever the hell was suppost to conclude this (I was never sure if it was Crision Empire series or a cancled project). Due to the abruptness of DE 2 ending for all know, the Emporer is still running around the SW universe with a giant missle pistol meanicng people (Palpatine: "Still think Im dead huh? Executor Steve, prepare to fire on the cheese producing world known as Wyoming!").

On the upside, the artwork was very well done and it brought the notion of other dark Jedis that were in Palpatine's service. For art appeal its a good read, but I perfure DE 1. But Im weird like that.

3. Matth_Katarn

Matth_Katarn Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    For me, Dark Empire II is, with Dark Empire and Empire's end (they were all published together in France, so I speak from the complete saga) the best comics...
    It is very good writting, and the drawing are very original, which take part in this so particular, so dark environment of these books.

I read this saga when it was published in France, but due allowance being made for the new saga published (Clone Wars is excellent!), Dark Empire stay the best...

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
  5. Barachiel

Barachiel Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005

DE1 was an interesting idea, especially since it was right up there with Zahn's books as being among the first of the EU. Anyone who complains about incompatibility with sequels doesn't understand that Episode I hadn't even been ANNOUNCED when DE1 came out.

That being said, DE2 and EE was just a waste of paper and ink. It accomplished nothing that wasn't done better in DE1.

6. LordDarthXavier

LordDarthXavier Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    I rather enjoyed DEII and do not think it is as far fetched as others think about the emporer being ressurected. After all it was Clones he used, and that was technology Sidious had at his disposal, using a Sith technique he was able to transfer his essense to the clone. So when Vader threw him over the edje in ROTJ his body died, but his essense went to a clone as he had created as a countermeasure to his self being killed and also to keep fresh clones ready for transfereal as he decayed his body from using such Dark Powers.

I rate this story an 8.

7. Palps_Rules

Palps_Rules Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    I gave it a 4. I thought the first was the best. Sort of an Infinitys style about it that i liked. Although by the time i read this i realised how much i liked the first even more. The main thing that lets its down is the colouring. No detail went into these early to mid 90s comics which is a real shame.

8. ResurrectedPalpatine

ResurrectedPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2005
    I thik Dark Empire 2 was pretty good, maybe a 8 out of 10. The main problem with it was if the Force couldnt kill Palpatine, what could? How could they finish him off in EE's? I agree they shuld have made Sedriss the main villian, though i did like the part where Master Ood used the Force to blow them both up. The way they finished off Palpatine ion DE was excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.