main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Dark Empire Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Edgeorge, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgeorge

Edgeorge Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2008
    Welcome to the Dark Empire Fan Fiction Index and Discussion Thread!

We're here to discuss characters, events and fan fics related to the Dark Empire comics/graphic novels. Everyone is welcome to join in!
    Talk about everything after 4 ABY (related to Dark Empire only) until the Battle of Onderon in Empire's End!

Dark Empire id a living masterpiece- join in everybody!
    Your thread hosts are: Currently Edgeorge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE TO AUTHORS:

Please review the guidelines about "Promoting Fics" in the FanFic FAQ. For the purposes of this thread, links to the following stories are encouraged:

- Stories written for a Dark Empire Challenge
    - Responses to inquiries regarding a specific story
    - Authors may promote a new Dark Empire fic one time

Thanks for your cooperation!:D

2. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    DARK EMPIRE Fan Fiction Index

If you would like to submit a story to this Index, please send a PM to the host (for now) and include the following information:

Title:
    Link: (NO hyperlinks or mark-up codes, please. Just copy and paste the URL.)
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

**Per the TOS, only G and PG-rated fics are allowed.**

3. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    Post Away!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Personally, I think that all great villains are what I call come-back kids. Voldemort, Palpatine, even Satan all have epics based on their ability to return to wage war against the good guys. So I liked the idea of Palpatine putting his theories on immortality into practice. Most of this is because we never see anyone but Luke have that confrontation with ultimate evil. I didn't so much like Luke's reasons for turning to the Dark Side. I mean, come on, "Meh, it runs in the family?" Either he's as dumb as his haircut or he was a bit out of character. I wanted to see more of his redemption--how he made amends and such.

5. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    The reason Luke turned to the dark side is one: he thought that he could take Palp down by learning his secrets.
    He was quickly redempted, but Sid escaped to fight another day. Do you own Empires End?
    s End?

6. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow! Great to see this as a discussion topic!

My experience with DE is in audio form. Extremely cheesy. :D But I loved it. Despite the flaws in the story telling, there's an emotional intensity associated with the basic concept of the story that poor voice acting cannot hide. The hero looks into the face of his enemy and becomes him. Fall. Redemption. Powerful stuff here. For touching on that, Tom has a place in my fav EU author shelf with Timothy and Stover.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I own Empire's End, though I haven't read it yet. A friend of mine disliked the prequels and donated all of her collection to friends, so I got most of her comics and books.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Oh, how I hated this thing. It would have been OK, maybe, had they not made the character of Palpatine absolutely NUTS.

As it was, so much more of value could have been done with this sort of idea.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think that Palpatine lacked finesse but that could have been blamed on it being before the prequel trilogy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    He had finesse in Dark Empire I, but he lost it in the sequels; things weren't good for him. At all.

11. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    The 1st Dark Empire fan fiction story!
    http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/29563480/p1/
    Done by: me

12. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    Uhhhm...
    Why isn't ANYONE posting?

13. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I really enjoyed the Dark Empire series. I think Luke's reasons for joining the Empire were because of the World Devastators and thinking that he could overcome what his father had succumbed to. Well I think Luke realized how seductive the dark side was, and that he was no match for the powers he found there.

Edgeorge, I'd be interested in writing a piece on this era. I think it would be fun. I'll check and see what you've written.

14. Edgeorge

Aug 25, 2008
    Hi everybody
    Feel free to post anytime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.