main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Empire Novelization

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedimarine, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I have heard that their is a novelization of Dark Empire online somewhere...I have not been able to confirm this myself...does anyone have any insight on this?

2. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    If it helps I have never heard of one...

And if some crackpot(no offense crackpot) made one up it certainly isn't canon, and thus anything it says that contradicts the comics is non-canonical...

3. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    There is no Dark Empire novelization, at least officially anyway. There is, however, a fine set of audio dramas that enhance the telling of the comics. I think reading and listening to the comics and the audio dramas in conjunction is far better than a novel rehash.

4. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    if there is, i hope that took out that part where the emperor comes back and luke goes to the dark side.

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Floating around somewhere is a transcript of the DE Radio Drama

6. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    All three transcripts are at Timetales. All you've gotta do is look... :)

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I think someone once mentioned that all three were collected in one big TPB, notice the key words being I think. I know it's been said all three ended up in TPB, and I've seen the Dark Empire and Dark Empire II TPBs. But that first part about all three being a big TPB may be the "novelization" refered to.

8. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    what is timetales?

9. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    if there is, i hope that took out that part where the emperor comes back and luke goes to the dark side.

What the hell? They were the best parts! :mad:

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    If they took out those parts, there would be no point to it.

11. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    Indeed, they would have to change the title ; without the Emperor and his making new Dark Jedi left and right, there's no reason to call it Dark Empire. Also without the Emperor, there would be no superweapons and no one to get the various Imp forces to attack Coruscant, there really would be no story at all there.

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It would be like removing Han Solo from the Han Solo Trilogy, Darksaber from Darksaber, the Black Fleet from the Black Fleet Crisis or Grand Admiral Thrawn from the Thrawn Trilogy or the new Jedi from the New Jedi Order. ?[face_plain]

13. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    The new jedi haven't done much in the NJO...except die......but that way its closer to star trek without the red shirts...

14. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    if you want to know the dark empire story, but don't want to read the comics... do pop over to timetales and read the radio transcripts... they're very good... not just summaries, the whole story... and you could even learn the lines and act it out afterwards with some friends ;)

15. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    obviously sarcasm is not common around here. i said that b/c those parts, while intregal to the story SUCK and are pure crap.

"we cant think of something new, so lets make more superweapons and bring back the Emperor.oh and why not have luke turn to the dark side, since you know, he didnt do it in the films, when his FATHER was trying to get him to come, i am sure the emperor can convince him."

i am sorry, but a crappy story, that pretty much erases the events in the films just has to go.luke wouldnt turn for vader, so why now? and anakin brought balance to the force, so why is the emperor still alive?

juts an opinion,albeit, a rather strong one. try not to crucify me.

16. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Except you over look the fact that in RoTJ Luke did turn, if only for a very brief period. Early in the duel on the second Death Star, Luke was very much in control of himself. He made few, if any, mistakes. But then Vadersenses Luke's feelings when Luke decides to stop fighting. He senses that Luke has a sister and taunts that he'll get her to turn. And knowing Vader and the Emperor, they may have actually tried to do so.

This thought was too much for Luke. He lashed out at Vader in anger, making many mistakes. But the sheer ferocity of his attacks made up for his mistakes as they drove Vader back. Luke had become like a deadly animal when cornered or wounded. And he was relentless. He was going to use all means possible to protect his sister. It would only be once he had beaten Vader, once he realized what he had done, that Luke would abandon the dark side. And then, either through denial or not realizeing the truth as a whole, Luke claimed that he would never turn.

17. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >obviously sarcasm is not common around here. i said that >b/c those parts, while intregal to the story SUCK and are >pure crap.

I would think that the response to your message would make it apparent that most of the boarders here are well versed in sarcasm. ;) And may I say I admire your witty and well written analysis of the story. :D

Luke didn't turn to the Dark Side, he tried to defeat it from within.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.