main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~ Dark Hair. Green Eyes. ~*~ Jaina/Jag/Kyp. [7/23]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by flying_fishi, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Yay. More posts. Excellent job, fishi.

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    What is your problem girl? When I'm here, I beg for posts, and you don't give them to me. When I go away, you post like crazy! what's the deal?

Anways, those were all good! More soon!

I have one more thing to say:

KYP AND JAINA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

3. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Kyp and Jaina? i've said it before and i'll say it again

blech

great posts fishi! :D

4. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Long post today, folks :D
    JJD: I was writing this :p

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

When Kyp woke up over 14 hours later, the timer indicated he had just under an hour until the exit from hyperspace. Cursing at himself for sleeping that long, he went into the ?fresher and looked at his reflection critically.
    ?Sanné is going to kill you, Kyp Durron,? he said to himself.
    For the first time in a month or so, he shaved. He trimmed his hair. He scrubbed his face. He wore some fresh Jedi robes that he had cleaned before leaving. All in all, he thought he looked presentable enough to be a diplomat.
    The timer chirped and Kyp went back into the cockpit, strapping himself in.
    The whiteness of hyperspace slowly dissolved into blackness, liberally sprinkled with stars. In front of him was the green and blue orb of Naboo.
    Kyp knew from experience that there was no use in hailing the ground for permission. So he just landed the shuttle on the plains near Theed and waited for a speeder to come.
    Within minutes a small dot appeared from the nearest city gate and moved towards him. It the speeder was a trio of security guards and a cloaked handmaiden.
    The speeder drew to a stop near Kyp?s shuttle and one of the guards stepped off.
    ?I presume that you are the Republican emissary.?
    Kyp nodded. ?Indeed I am.?
    ?I know him,? said the cloaked handmaiden in the back of the speeder. She pulled back the hood of her cloak. ?I think it was five years ago when he was stranded here. His name is Jedi Master Kyp Durron, and he took Queen Sanné?s brother as a Jedi apprentice.?
    Kyp recognized her almost immediately. ?Iloae,? he grinned. He remembered her because of her bright personality and youthfulness.
    The blonde woman grinned back. ?Sanné thought it might be you. She wants to see you at the palace right away.? She extended a hand to help Kyp onto the speeder and it sped off back to Theed.

The statistics weren?t promising. Kyp knew that he had to land soon or he?d die here, alone in the middle of space, separated from his squadron.
    Desperate, he pulled up a starmap and checked for anything near his position. It wasn?t good. The nearest he could see was Sullust, and he was very doubtful that his ship could make it. So Kyp had his astromechs go a gravity scan, to see if any capital ships were in the area.
    Instead, a medium-sized planet came up a few parsecs away.
    Not even hesitating, Kyp plugged in the coordinates and jumped to hyperspace. A half-hour later he emerged in front of a green and blue planet.
    Kyp knew that going to a unknown planet was dangerous, but he had not choice.

Iloae showed Kyp into an elegantly furnished anteroom and assured him that the Queen would be present shortly, before giving him a bright smile and going back to the throne room. As he admired a fresco on the north wall the memories came back.

The planet was far from unfriendly. He landed near a small village and they welcomed him to stay at the inn free of charge and access to whatever he might need to fix his X-Wing. They offered no explanation to why the planet didn?t exist to the Republic, and didn?t reveal anything about the planet that he didn?t need to know.
    After a day staying in the mountain town, a cloaked handmaiden came to his door and summoned him to Theed. Her name was Sanné.

~*~*~*~*~*~

?What is this place??
    The cloaked woman turned sharply and he could see the thin line of her mouth hardening under her hood.
    ?It?s the lake country,? she replied pointedly. Behind her the mountains flew past, and water sprayed up from the passing of the speeder.
    ?I know that,? Kyp replied. ?But what planet? It wasn?t on my star map.?
    ?And of course, your starmap is the top reference of planetary systems in the galaxy.?
    ?I didn?t say that.?
    ?You
    implied it.?
    Kyp shot a hurt look in her direction, and she laughed lightly.
    ?I?m Sanné,? she said, extending a hand across the speeder. ?Her Majesty?s handmaiden.?
    ?Kyp Durron.?
    Sanné settled bac

5. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Wow, fishi, that is a long one.. Great post, and I think you're doing fine :D

6. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Danke, Jade :D

7. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    A little 'up' afore I post the next chapter :D

8. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    whhhoooo hooooo

the posting syndrome is back !!!!!!!!!

the Admiral kicking back and enjoy the read

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    You stole my word fishi! Danke is my word! I don't use coolies! Be nice!

J/k. Good post and I think you just like to torture me. Oh, well, to the top and more soon!

10. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Sorry. I was just utilising my German, which I did last year :D

11. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    gracias fishi, great post! :D

and i would love to beta for you. but i live in a diff time zone, which could get annoying.

12. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    New postie :D And I still would like a beta. As critical as possible ;)

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Iloae rapped on the half-open door. ?It?s Kyp Durron, your highness.?
    Sanné jumped a little and straightened from her conversation with Leché. ?Kyp!? she said, her tone betraying her delight at seeing him. She stood and extended both her hands. ?It?s a pleasure to see you again. I presume you are here on behalf of the Republic after my message??
    Kyp nodded. ?I volunteered because I wished to see Naboo again. It has a peaceful quality that is now nearly extinct in the galaxy.?
    Sanné frowned. ?Galactic society must have degenerated rapidly then. But none of that for now. Where is my brother?? She clutched his hands and stared up at his face with a hopeful and happy intensity.
    Kyp looked down and felt his heart sink. Sanné would take this terribly.
    ?Maybe I should talk to you alone,? he said somberly.
    Sanné saw into his eyes and read the awful truth. She yanked her hands away and fell into a chair, shock playing freely across her features. In his peripheral vision Kyp saw the handmaidens file out of the room and Iloae close the door behind her.
    He turned his attention back to Sanné. She was sitting absolutely still and straight in her chair, frozen by disbelief.

?Kyp Durron, visitor.?
    The Queen?s voice echoed commandingly in the hall. The governor sat and Kyp strode into the center of the circle.
    ?Welcome. I am Queen Kileha, of the Naboo. Kyp Durron, you are the first visitor we have had in thirty-five years.?
    Kyp nodded silently, and wondered where this was leading.
    ?This exile is voluntary, and part of a promise that we intend to hold.?

Great,he thought. Now they?re going to kill me.
    ?All that we ask of you is to keep our secret for us.?
    Kyp blinked.
    The Queen slowly turned her head to the side and beckoned.
    ?Sanné will help you during your stay here. She will organize to get your vehicle here immediately.?
    Sanné jerked a little in surprise before nodding her affirmation of Kileha?s orders. She stepped forward and bent slightly to hear what the Queen was saying before moving to stand behind Kyp.
    ?Go, Kyp Durron. Experience all that our planet has to offer before leaving, if you wish.?
    ?Just keep your mouth shut about it,? muttered Sanné behind him. She took his arm and led him out of the throne room.
    ?I will show you to your chambers now,? she said. ?You may have to share with my brother. I am not sure, but I think the majority of the sleeping rooms are full.?

Kyp was silent as Sanné sat there unmoving. He was suddenly struck by the difference in character of Jaina and Sanné. Where Jaina had exploded with fury, Sanné was frozen. Jaina was fire; Sanné was ice.[/i]

There was no spare room. Sanné led Kyp down a hallway near the centre of the palace, her feet landing precisely on the ground, making regular taps as they walked down the corridor.
    Sanné stopped in front of a doorway and drew a keycard from her cloak. The door slid open and she leaned inside.
    ?Miko?? she said softly.
    A teenaged boy about fifteen years old looked out from behind a door. ?Sanné? You?re late.?
    She walked over to the boy and kissed his forehead. ?We have a visitor. He?ll be staying with you.?
    Miko leaned to the side and caught sight of Kyp. His brow furrowed.
    ?Is he from off-world??
    Sanné nodded, and she lowered her voice so that anyone but a Jedi would not be able to hear.
    ?Remember the Chancellor and the Separatists before you say too much.?
    Miko nodded.

Now, several years later, that young boy was dead and his sister was in front of Kyp, cold and unmoving.
    ?Sanné,? he said quietly. Her eyes were fixed on the wall behind him. ?Sanné!?
    She jumped and met his eyes. ?How?? she whispered. ?How??
    It occurred to Kyp that the Naboo did not know of the ?Vong.
    ?There?s a war,? he began. ?A very big, dangerous, and fatal war.?
    ?With who?? Her voice seemed unable to rise above a whisper.
    ?The Yuuzhan

13. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I would hate to deliver news like that.. Great job, fishi!

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great post!!!

15. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Shameless up :p

16. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Another up :D

17. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    *sniff* wonderful posts, fishi. Sorry I missed quite a bit. Love your fic though. And if you still need a beta, I'd love to volunteer.

18. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    That would be great, Kathryn :D

19. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Up again. Where have all my loyal fans gone? :_| ;)

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    we're waiting for you to post another chapter, that's where....

21. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    *smells last post*
    do i catch a whiff of ROMANCE fishi???? :)

22. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    ooo.. I've really missed a lot, haven't I? But schools out now, so I'll be checking up on you regularly! Keep on posting.

Oh, and I love Kyp. :D

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
  24. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    uppity upupup!!!!!!!! :D

25. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **delurks**

I finally delurked! I absolutely LOVE this fic- and I absolutely LOVE how it's going so far. (Check my sig. :D) Good work! I can't (and can) wait for the next post! No pressure, of course. ;)

Saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.