main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Dark History: Tears of the Force*

The young man shakes his head slowly, as he looks into the flames. He can not believe the words he had heard not so long ago. But the words he had heard whispered, had been true. Dark brown eyes gazed unhappily into the flames as his hand rubbed the back of his neck, where not so long ago sat a padawan's braid. It was impossible to fathom the dispair he felt right now. Especially after seeing so many of what he had considered his friends, happily celebrating the news.

But there was no happiness for him, only a bitter taste, as he felt that everything he had been taught, suddenly was no longer true.

GENOCIDE!

Tarl shuddered at the thought. The news had come in fleeting whispers at first. It was after the Great Hyperspace War. It had been brutal, and the Jedi aiding the Republic, and taken their share of casualties. But they had survied it, and had beaten those that the council called Sith back to their own planets. They had not even known that the other had existed, until someone made the unfortunate discovery. The Sith came roaring out, eager for conquest, but the Jedi and the Republic had beaten them back.

That's what protectors were supposed to do, right?
    Make sure evil doesn't overrun the Galaxy?

And they had done that. But someone was not happy with that act alone. They apparently wanted to make a point. But Tarl never thought the Jedi would go along with it...or go so far.

Soon, news reached them, that not only had the Sith been beaten - but a new attack had been launched against them. This time with darker orders. The Republic Forces, in league with the Jedi...Tarl could hardly think the thought. They had massacred them. Wiped them literally off the face of the planet, with what only could be described as Genocide. Nothing was left. No quarter given, no survivors.

And not only did they do it, to a planet known as Ziost, but others that belong to them as well. That was nothing short of trying to exterminate a race. Tarl grew disgusted, as he tossed his robes into the fire than burned brightly in front of him, now in civilian clothing. He stared at his saber, as he recalled the events in his mind.

Protectors didn't mass murder thousands of beings without giving them the chance to surrender. How COULD they do that?! They were no better than the Sith, if that be the case.. Tarl shuddered, as he thought about it. What if they were like them? With students, younglings? After all, some of them had originally been Jedi if the stories were right. And what about all the other beings that lived on the planet besides the Sith? They too died, without any recourse given to them.

Tarl felt himself grow cold. They had distroyed the surface of the planet Ziost, forever changing it. Deep ancient forests were now dead and dying, and the planet's temperatures were already begining to change, from all the orbital bombardment. What cause made that right? The Force felt as sickened as he was.

Tarl hid his lightsaber in his clothing, as he turned and walked away from the brightly burning fire, and into the darkness that surrounged him. A darkness, that seemed to be growing ever darker, with every step that he took.

----

As you guessed folks, this time I am going for something a little different... this game is set in the far flung past of the Galaxy, (around 4,950 BBY) in a part of the Jedi past that few know or dwell upon. This game will focus mainly on the Jedi Enclave Council on Coruscant, and the events surrounding the Genocide on Ziost and other Sith planets. There is no massive Jedi TEMPLE at this time; only a small structure.

----
    With the blessing of our Moddess, NaboosPrincess, I am doing something a bit different. As many of you know, at the end of this month is the little event known as Dragon*Con. I am busy working to prepare for this convention. But I am also doing an early launch of my game. With its complexity, I w

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Hmm... about bloody time you post this!

*hunts down that CS he made for this game*

3. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    looks awesome. I'll shoot you a char sheet for the rougue force user.

4. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Going to bed now, but I will send one tomorrow, when I get off work.

Question, will you be telling us, what level we will be?...thanks.

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    PM sent. [face_dancing]

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    You make pick your own levels. But, as I dont want all Jedi masters and such, first come first serve. After I reach a certain point, I will limit the number. I want a good mix.

Hope that answers yer questions.

7. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    PM sent!! :)

8. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    Ktala: My CS was sent, and read, before your last post... No approval PM yet? [face_frustrated]

9. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    Interesting...[face_thinking]

PM Sent.

10. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    someone's impatient. :p

11. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    I'll send in a C_S later today

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Greetings folks. Ktala says that we shall be getting responses for our character sheets pretty soon, so please be patient. Thank you.

13. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    No, I should had a responce yesterday.....:p

No problem...I shall wait, thanks greyjedi125, for the update.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Greetings to all.

I am now sending out PM's to the various players I have received chracter sheets from. Not everyone will get what they wants, but as I stated eariler, I am looking for a balanced game.

And not everyone can be Jedi Master or Sith Lords. I also gave some suggestions to folks who seemed to be having trouble with their sheets. Just PM me back, with your decisions. For those of you with approved sheets, you may post your chracters. Just remember DO NOT post your Force points.

Good look to everyone.
    I hope you enjoy the game.

PS. If it is NOT written in your character sheet, please let me know your characters perfered weapon of choice. Thank you.

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    This looks interesting. [face_mischief]

16. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    GM Approved

Name: Icarus Parshath
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Force sensitive: No
    Area of Expertise: Athletic, quick on his feet.
    BRIEF Description and Info: Icarus Parshath was born from an experiment. Many experiments were carried out on the unborn and died. Icarus survived. By injecting cells from other beings, the scientists attepted to create a new breed of human, but was gunned down just after the experiment was over. Nothing much is known about him, but he is one with the calmest. He has an enigmatic allure, taunting his victims as he battles them. Also, he has a habit of sarcastically criticizing others, even calling people via Commlink. Even though he possesses no force powers, Icarus's speed and rank makes up for that. Icarus has no fear in taunting, patrinising and confronting the most highest authority. He specializes in Blasters and Vibro-Blades.

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Approved!

Name: Alexia Rivers
    Sex: Female
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Area of Expertise: Stealth, tracking, general intelligence work
    BRIEF Description and Info:
    Alexia was born on Coruscant to a Jedi mother, Calys, and an unknown father - all her mother would ever say about him was that he was dead. Recognising her talent, Calys trained her in the Jedi arts from a young age. She has spent most of her life in the Jedi enclave on Coruscant as well as occasionally accompanying her mother on her travels.

Only recently did she achieve the rank of Jedi Knight. She and her mother were on a seemingly simple mission that went horribly wrong; in the confusion, they were separated, but Alexia was able to hold out until reinforcements arrived. Her actions won her a promotion, bittersweet though it was: her mother remained missing, presumed dead.

Alexia was taught how to use both sword and lightsaber; her mother favoured the sword, but deemed it practical (and useful) to be able to use both. She is able to fight using either hand and frequently does, passing the blade from one hand to another. That said, she has not mastered the art of using two blades at once, not is she notably good at fighting - she's fast, has good reflexes and a decent grounding in technique, but no particular strength or endurance. Her weapon of choice is the lightsaber, with the sword a close second - although given her lack of notable expertise (or interest) in combat, she prefers to solve her problems in ways that do not involve close fighting.

Alexia has dark hair, blue-grey eyes and a slender build. She's intelligent and creative, but often lacks tact or self-restraint and tends to mouth off. Despite a lifetime of training, she is sometimes impulsive and lets her emotions and feelings get the better of her, although her heart is usually in the right place.

Having been raised as a Jedi and the daughter of a Jedi, she can imagine no other life. However, the destruction of Ziost and the Order's hand in it makes her ... uneasy ... so who knows what the future will hold for her.

18. MarcusDade

Apr 5, 2006
    GM APPROVED!!!

Name: Josan Korr
    Race: Human/Icarii hybrid
    Weapons: A silver lightsaber and a silver staff plated with lightsaber resistant material (it is actually amix of cortosis and mandalorian iron, but he doesn't know this. He just knows that its resistant to lightsabers) He only uses the lightsaber when he absolutely needs to. otherwise, he simply uses his staff.
    Area of Expertise: Force Combat
    Rank: 'Master' (Josan used to be a Master while he belonged in the Jedi)
    BRIEF Description and Info:

Wearing simple black robes that enclose his whole body, much cannot be seen of Josan's body. He is muscular, but not bound. His muscles are results of many years of Jedi training, not because of lifting weights. His skin is fair and shows few scars as he is a very good negotiator, as well as a supreme force warrior.

his face is gentle and fair and shows an unnatural calm about him, as if he is both passive and aggressive at the same time. His bright blue eyes seem to pierce all that look at them and his long wavy brown hair flows down his back when his hood is not covering it.

He carries a silver staff made of some unknown material that guards against lightsabers, but he gave up his lightsaber over two years ago.

BIO:
    Josan was born on the planet of Coruscant, and like many other Jedi was taken from his parents at a very young age. His childhood was the same as any jedi child and he was chosen as a Padawan of a Jedi Master by the name of Kira at the age of 11.

A Jedi student of incredible force power, he was taught many a day of the dangers of the force which he took to heart, or at least pretended to. He was taught in lightsaber combat and while he was good in the art of the lightsaber combat, having achieved mastery in Shii-Cho and a very good understanding of Ataru, he was much more powerful with battling with the force.

He was knighted at the age of 18, which was nearly unheard of in that time. He went on many missions, but one of his most famous was in a small yet consequencial mission to Dantooine in which he quelled a rebel force that was threatening to destroy the small government on the planet. His ability to end the conflict without ever resorting to violence was highly praised by the Jedi council, and because of this and many other "wise" decisions he was given the title of master when he was 27, which gave him much pride.

However, something was eating at him. There was always something in the force that seemed...unbalanced. It seemed odd to him, but when he became a master and attuned himself more to the force, he began having dreams of a great river with a Sith Lord on one side and the Grandmaster of the Jedi on the other. As he watched, the river was split into small streams and the jeid master and sith lord shrank in size. He had no idea what this meant, but he began having this dream every single night until he could no longer take it.

These dreams went on for almost a year until, hesitantly, he relayed his dreams to the Jedi Grandmaster who advised him that perhaps going on a sabatical would be the only way to free his mind and truly hear what the force was trying to tell him.

So, at the age of 30, Josan gave up the offering of a seat on the council and exiled himself from the jedi, giving up his lightsaber for a simple staff that the Grandmaster said was supposedly resistant to Lightsabers. At least the Grandmaster thought so as he had encountered some odd warriors whose staff it was, and when it was encountered, the Jedi could not pierce it with his lightsaber. They had no idea what it was made of, and trusting that it would serve Josan more than he, the Grandmaster bestowed it upon the newly self-exiled Jedi Master. Josan kept his lightsaber, but never used it, except in situations where a lightsaber was absolutely neccesary.

And so Josan ventured off into the Galaxy with a new purpose that his dreams had revealed. He n

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I ... am approved!

Name: Cho-Shai Adimus
    Area of Expertise: Lightsaber combat in the Makashi style; and (unwilling) precognition of future events.
    Brief description and Info: Cho-Shai Adimus is one of the pre-eminent bladesmen of the Jedi at this period in the Order's history. He is a wiry man with a bald head and piercing green eyes.

He dresses in the traditional Jedi robes except for the sleeves of his undertunic being cut off at the shoulder, and traditional leather wristbands, which are an heirloom of his family.

Unlike many Jedi he is gifted with precognitive visions of distant futures but was encouraged to repress this ability from the time of his padawanship. He fought in many of the battles to save Republic worlds from the Sith onslaught before the tide was turned.

20. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Xan! Wow, you're back. It's good to see you back.

[b]Two sheets, two approvals[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Voren'kaa
    [b]Race:[/b] Noghri
    [b]Age:[/b] 45
    [b]Sex:[/b] Male
    [b]Occupation:[/b] Former Jedi Knight
    [b]Force sensitive:[/b] Yes
    [b]Area of Expertise:[/b] Skilled at melee combat and generalship
    [b]Weapon:[/b] Whatever is to hand, he prefers unarmed combat
    [b]BRIEF Description and Info:[/b]

Voren'kaa was once a respected Knight within the Order, admired by his peers for his combat skills and his profound sense of honor. His devotion to Jedi ideals was greatly lauded, as was his humility- twice he refused the chance to become a Master, explaining that he was not ready for such status.

The genocide of the Sith shook him to the core.

He became alienated from his friends and comrades, and hurled accusations of murder at the Council. Paranoia and despair mingled in his mind as he considered the disturbing turn of events. He began to see darksiders in every shadow of the Temple; every child was a potential Sith, every padawan a future killer.

Soon enough he came to the conclusion that it was the inevitable destiny of the Jedi Order to fall from grace- that the Force was too weighty a burden for mortal hearts and souls, and that the lure of the darkside would always prove too great.

Consequently, Voren'kaa has not only left the Jedi Order, he has vowed never to use the Force again. He is currently looking for a line of work suited to what skills he has.

[b]Name:[/b] Gormen G. Rook ('Gorm' for short)
    [b]Race: [/b]Kowakian monkey-lizard
    [b]Age: [/b]Unknown
    [b]Sex:[/b] Male
    [b]Occupation:[/b] Pet/padawan
    [b]Force sensitive:[/b] Yes
    [b]Area of Expertise:[/b] Has a superb memory
    [b]Rank:[/b] Jedi Padawan
    [b]Weapon:[/b] Small vibro-shiv
    [b]BRIEF Description and Info:[/b]

Gorm has been by Voren'kaa's side for ten years following a chance encounter on some far-flung planet. During this time, he was often mistaken for no more a pet. A year ago Voren'kaa revealed publicly that the monkey-lizard was not only sentient, but Force sensitive...and his student.

Gorm doesn't talk much, doesn't actually seem to do much, except for laughing incessantly as is the wont of his species. He seems happy to follow his master's 'forceless' stance.

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Xan! By the Force, you're BACK!!! (YAY!) :D

GM APPROVED!

Name:JIN REI AMARANT
    Alias:Jin, Dijin, Red Ray, Red Tornado
    Race: Half human
    Area of Expertise: Diplomacy. With and without a lightsaber.
    BRIEF Description and Info: Jin Rei's distinctive feature is that he has reddish skin color. He is handsome and has an athtelic build. His black hair is cut short, and his eyes are of a deep purple colour. He usually wears dark brown jedi robes and tunic. He currently wields an argentum lightsaber hilt fitted with a dark brown hand grip. The lightsaber blade is amber in colour.

Presently, he is quite conflicted by what has occured. Conflicted both within himself and the Jedi Council.

22. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: *glances around* greyjedi ... Xan ... Winged_Jedi ... Ktala ... geez, all we need now is KenKenobi to walk through the door and it'll be the class of '04 reunion all over again...not that I mind one bit. :D :D

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah, I'm back - good to see familiar faces round here still! :D Ktala's been telling me about this game and it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, so I thought I might as well give in to temptation and join in again. See if I still remember how to RP at all... :p

It's been a while, guys. [:D]

24. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    Give into temptation, and you will be playing sith soon. ;)

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Irony: Jedi_killeroak, please notice Xan's username. *Hint: Darth...[face_thinking] :-B :p [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.