1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. 694377 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Icarus Parshath
    Korriban

Icarus Parshath had just arrived on Korriban and he was already seeing many ships leave for some reason or another. He knew he was called for something important, and so went looking for Lord Jin. It would'nt be hard to find him since he was called to Korriban, and so he begun taking his first steps into a larger world. He begin scanning the horizon for any sign of Lord Jin. Nothing. Suddenly, Icarus begun to wonder who Lord Jin was, afterall, he had heard of him, and possibly have seen him a few times, but without knowing. Young Parshath sighed to himself, and begun to raise his voice.

"Lord Jin, i trust you're around here somewhere?!"

He chuckled to himself soon after he had spoke, and awaited for a reply.

TAG: Jedi_Killeroak
  2. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Lord Jin (Korriban, caves)

Anger, hate, they all had a grip on the Dark Lord. "Am I the last? Could there be more of us left?" He searched his feelings and the answers remained silent. His torn and battered body was healing from the cave-in, though questions remained. "Was that a try at eliminating me? Or was it something else?" He had heard that they sent an armada to the outside. Was it the repercussions of that fleet?

He grew silent for a moment, and tilted his head up to the sky. Then he felt it, the prsence of life still on the planet. He smiled and knew he needed to get back to the temple. The survivers would know who or what did this. Though it had the stink of jedi and that place called the Republic.

Gathering the food and drink, he started off towards the Temple, and his private chambers.

TAG: 694377
  3. 694377 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Icarus Parshath
    Korriban

Icarus scanned around once more, then sighed.

"Ah well, no reply...I guess the next best thing to do is to find this temple, but the problem is: where can i find a temple in some desert, or something pretty similar..."

He begun walking backwards towards the shuttle, then suddenly he tripped over a large rock, falling to the ground.

"That's the 3rd time today..."

As young Parshath sat up, his eyes looked up towards a cliff where a large temple stood.

"Ah, so THAT's the temple, alrighty then..."

He begun to pull himself up by using the shuttle, then he cleaned himself off. As Parshath begun to walked towards the bottom of the cliff, he thaught that he should try out his skills by climbing up the cliff, rather than taking the easy route. Placing one hand upon the first rock, Icarus begun to hoist himself up to the next, and to the next.

Soon after, Icarus had finally reached the top of the cliff. The sun seemed to be setting, and the temple's shadow was being cast over Icarus. He begun to feel overwhelmed by the mass of the temple's shadow on him for some strange reason, and the darkside circling around the whole planet.

"Oh well, i better go inside, and find this 'Lord Jin' then"

Icarus Parshath walked up to the one of many enterances and advanced up the steps. It seemed to take forever, and so Icarus begun to dash up the steps, and leap up towards a nearby window on the next floor. As he made his way through, Icarus noticed a male inside.

"Uhh, hey, umm...Can you tell me where Lord Jin is because i really need to see him about something about a mission or something like that...(wow, my head really hurts...)"

TAG: Jedi_Killeroak
  4. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Shadra

Shadra looked around him. All he saw in every direction was destruction. Everything was gone. Well not everything, the darkside was still strong here and above that it screamed for vengeance. Vengeance that it so very much deserved. The great cities and fortresses were gone, simply gone. The only thing he saw other than the devastation was his fellow assasin, Chade. Were they the last of the Sith? Shadra didn't think it could be possible. Turning to his fellow assasin he said, "The world has been devastated and the dark side itself cries for revenge against this destruction. I sense noone else on the whole of the planet, do you?"

Tag: Fanficfan
  5. Fanficfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Chade
    Ziost

After days on that rustbucket ship, and months in the republic, to return to Ziost and find this ignited a fierce desire for revenge in Chade. Not the burning hatred that most Sith feel on a general basis. But cool, calm flames of anger. Flames that promise to burn for a long time.
    As the two assassins walked down the ramp Chade opened himself to the darkside, sensing the same rage he felt himself. The Darkside wanted Vengance.
    And Chade would be only too happy to be the instrument of that vengance.
    "The world has been devastated and the dark side itself cries for revenge against this destruction. I sense noone else on the whole of the planet, do you?"
    "I sense nothing Shadra, not a single living soul. I feel only a desire for revenge that the Darkside shares equally with me." He glanced around the shattered landscape, "let's make our way to the temple, if there are any survivors they will go there. And we may discover something useful."
    Tag: Yuul_Shamar
  6. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    GM Approved (Sorry to interupt the story)

Name: Damkor Kirido
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Area of Expertise: Expedition and excavation (archaeology)
    BRIEF Description and Info: Average appearance, traditional Jedi garbs, well trained in Soresu. Able to take most opponents on. He goes around looking for ancient artifacts that may help or harm the galaxy at large.
  7. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Josan Korr

Light. Josan's eyes flashed open as he sat in a full lotus position upon the floor, a silver staff lying across his legs. He felt the cold metal upon his legs through the legs of his trousers and he looked down. Brightness attacked his eyes as the light from the ceiling reflected off the shiny surface of the walking stick that doubled as a formidable weapon. He sensed something upon the ship and he probed the force to see what was wrong. In almost a whisper, he heard the answer and he gently rose to his feet. His boots were in the corner, as he always meditated barefoot. Sliding his socks and boots on, and pulling the straps tight, he then used the force to pull a cylinder from his bed - his rarely used lightsaber.

The scent of incense was still present in his nose, an aftereffect of the long meditation he had been a part of for the past few hours. The incense was sweet but bitter, in a perfect balance with itself that left one both relaxed but extremely aware of their surroundings. Josan was never more aware of his surroundings than when he was meditating. And by surroundings, it does not mean the immediate, but the far and wide. While in meditation he would be able to hear a pin drop on the other side of the ship, or be able to hear a leaky water pipe in the walls. Obviously, it would take a very good perception to even begin to decipher where these things TRULY came from, but he was able to discern the vicinity, such as the direction from himself.

But danger called, and Josan knew he must answer. There was trouble, and Josan felt that many lives were in danger of being snuffed out, or had been snuffed out already. He dare not probe the force to see the answer for fear that the latter was true. But no, fear was not of him. And so he closed his eyes and centered himself. He must go.

The door slid open in front of him and he walked through it, leaving the comfort and space of his room behind. Walking the corridors, he heard the talking of the other few passangers. According to them, the ship had been diverted for a distress call. He closed his eyes. A ship. The vision was blurry in his minds eye, but it seemed like there had been damage done to it, although he could not discern how badly the damage was without proper meditation. And so he moved forward. There was one more Jedi on board, and he vaguely remembered him from the times at the Enclave on Coruscant. All he knew, however, was that the man was a knight. He did not know his name.

Entering the main corridor of the ship, which housed a small conversation he found one of the crew. "Excuse me," he said to the young man, "But do you know where we are being diverted to?"

"I'm not sure of the name, sir, but we received a distress call. I think the planet's name is Yick or Yack or something of that sort. You haven't heard of a planet with that kind of a name, have you?"

"No, I can't say that I have," Josan said, rubbing his chin gently with his left hand while he cool-metal staff lay gently in his right. "Well, thank you for your information."

"Of course sir."

He sighed, looking around. He had a nudge in the force that was telling him to speak with the captain. The captain it is, then he thought to himself and started off down the main corridor towards the main bridge.

Tag: Blubeast1237
  8. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Lord Jin (Korriban)

His trek did not last long, which he was glad, but he still was so angry that if someone did come across, he might just kill them out of hand. His robes were in ruins, and his body faired just a little better, but not by much. The furnal was ruined and many of the sith brothern perished too. His smile told a different side to that story, too. Yes, he was sad to see many perish, but that only moved him up the ranks somewhat.

As he moved in-line with the temple doors, they opened by two guards men, and they bowed as he passed through. He needed to get to his chambers and see what the kriffen, was going on. He was getting tired and needed some rest too.

Though as he walked the grounds to his private chambers, the destruction was great, and many ships were leaving. People were running or walking and even flying to get away. He too would leave, but he had many things to do, plus, he did not want to leave just yet.

His room was on the second floor, but with everyone leaving, he might try to get a lower level chamber. He climbed the stairs, with slowness and with some pain. His walk, and his fight to freedom took a lot out of him. He was tired and angry, and ready to fight. Then his power of danger sense, alerted him of something. He turned to see a human male come from the window and with a scorn, he waited.

"Uhh, hey, umm...Can you tell me where Lord Jin is because i really need to see him about something about a mission or something like that...(wow, my head really hurts...)"

Lord Jin's scorn deepened, his hand sweeped up to strike the man, but stopped inches from his face. He could now see who it was, and dropped his hand to his side. "Please excuse my...suddeness. I am tired and ready for some refreshment. I am Lord Jin," Lord Jin's mind started to race. "Was he here to finish me off, for some Dark Lord, or what? Though he did say something about a mission, and now I have one for him."

"Come, let us go to my chambers and talk." Looking to and fro, and seeing the mad race to ships and such, he needed privacy of his own chambers. Not waiting for an answer or word, he turned and quickly headed to his chambers, which were only two rooms down. Passing his hand across, the bolts unlocked, and the door opened to a lightly lite room. Lord Jin, walked in, and as he made his way into it, he lite the small candles.

His chambers was little to most, but no one knew of his secrete room behind a painting of two people fighting with swords, which were several of them. Books and scrolls lined the walls, while simple furnishings were spread acrossed the floor. He walked in slowly, and sat in his chair at his study desk, that was littered with several scrolls.

9. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Saintheart approved, not the one I originally considered but here he is . . .

Name: Terec Airen
    Race: Human
    Sex: Male
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Area of Expertise: Lightsaber Combat (compared to others of his age)
    Weapon: A lightsaber provided by his former Master. Blue blade.
    Info: Terec was a Jedi Padawan for all his life. he didnß´t knew anything else. Raised in academies and centers of learning, he grew up feeling the force. Training in it, living by the Jedi-ideal´s to the best of his abilites. It was, when the war came to the galaxy, that doubts crawled into his life, probably for the first time. But when the Jedi decided to wipe out the Sith, he came to the spontaneous realization, that they violated their own codex. And no matter how much he thought about, he came to no other conclusion, anymore.
    Shocked, disbelieving and frightened he did what most young men of his age would have done . . . he ran away.

Terec isn´t the strongest force-user ever seen. His talents are actually considered moderate at best, but he was once very dedicated, and trained hard. Therefore he has at least become a considerable blade-wielder and good fighter, as well as a perceptive observant.
  10. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    IC - Cho-Shai Adimus

Meeting Courtyard
    Jedi Enclave
    Coruscant

Master Adimus took a measure of the male Jedi who'd walked in; that could only be Zaydin Ven, of whom the Soresu instructors had spoken rather well. Adimus had a lifetime of weighing up people with a gestalten glance, and in this case he was pleased and surprised that the young man had the look of a warrior born, but also the eyes of a man who would rather talk than fight.

Form Zero, Adimus reflected, was occasionally the greatest form of them all.

He then looked at the female Jedi Knight who'd just bowed to him and saw a ghost.

Cho-Shai's hand had moved towards the hilt of his lightsaber before his conscious mind caught up, and he turned the movement into a smoothing of a non-existent crease in his robe. It was eerie; the blue-grey eyes and the smiling lips facing him were those of Calys Rivers, but the face was a good twenty years younger. But then that was to be expected -- Cho-Shai had never met Calys' daughter. Still, the resemblance was so striking...

The Jedi Master moved across to the two knights. "Knight Ven. Knight Rivers," he said formally, acknowledging their bows with a slow nod to each of them. He turned his attention to the woman. "Knight Alexia Rivers, isn't it? I'm ... sorry for your recent loss. Calys Rivers was a good woman, and an excellent Jedi. You have her look about you."

TAG: DarthXan318, Sarge221, Beta-Commando, Ewok_Jedi, Imperial_Hammer
  11. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ackerley Teilo

The place was cramped to the full extent of the word and there wasn't enough space to even stretch or lay down without making contact with someone or something. His supplies (Test tubes, specs, tongs, needles, etc.) were obviously not in the best place that would provide safety for them and so he kept them out of sight. He had hoped to have alittle more space, as another crew passengers was given. Word was that the other person had incents and plenty of room for his meditation practice. Jealousy wasn't something that Ackerley was prone to show, nor should any Jedi as was a new fashion in the code, but common consideration was always good and there seemed to have been a lack in that right now.

He had found alittle space between two large pipes that came out at the bottom and curved for about 4 feet upward and returned back into the wall and had about 3 feet separating them. He had made this place his sleeping and eating quarters, and if sometimes he found the ride to be too drawn out and without action, he would write letters or reports to his mom and family.

After he had finished sealing a report on the healing abilities of a Jedi and what could be done to improve them with certain chemicals. A hope was that eventually all Jedi would carry around vials of mixtures that would improve their stamina and overall health. This brought a smile to his face as he placed the report in a a milk folder and placed it back in his bag. He could feel most of the inhabitants of the ship, including the meditator, and how they moved. The meditator hadn't moved or shown any physical or otherwise movements throughout the entire trip...

Until now.

For something to raddle him out of his trance or make him change, had to be something important. He peered around the bar to see the crew seemingly hurried a bit. There had been something earlier about a distress call, but that wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The thing that was notable about the situation was the fact that all the ships in the vicinity had been called to come.

Ackerley stood up and walked along the bridge looking out of the small windows at the disaster of a ship barely in orbit around a small planet. "How did I miss this?" Ackerley sighed as he rubbed his temples and looked around the small bridge. There had to be something he could do. If he was to interfere, he needed permission to do so, and the only person that could really give him that and more information, was the captain. She wasn't too far down the bridge he was already on and Ackerley slowly made his way to her.

Tag: Marcusdade
  12. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Caretaker GM's OOC:

ATTENTION PLAYERS ON KORRIBAN:

Ktala has drawn to my attention, and wishes it to be made clear if there is any confusion, the following facts:

Korriban was not spared the Republic's cleansing of the Sith Worlds. That is, just like Ziost, it was heavily bombarded from orbit. I believe the appropriate colourful phrase is "blasted back into the Stone Age." It is highly unlikely you will find a standing structure above ground that hasn't been slagged or turned into ash as a result.

In particular I doubt very much that the Temple on Korriban survived the attack, or that there's still any private chambers of any kind still standing. Some of you may want to repost to take account of this.

Please make sure you bear this information in mind when posting, and please make sure you read carefully before posting.
  13. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4
    ~~~blah. didn/t mean to post. stupid buttons....see below.~~~~
  14. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Qenmas Pacto

Breathe in

Breathe out

You are the silent

You are the sentinel

You are the guardian of the good

Let no evil thrive. Let no wrong go unpunished.

A light drives away the darkness

Qenmas opened his eyes slowly, releasing himself from his meditations. In front of him, sitting nicely on the stone floor of his small room, was his briefing. He was being sent to Wayland, a planet rife with civil unrest. Without a doubt, Sith agents were active there, stirring the chaos and prodding the darkness in the hearts of the good people.

The Jedi flipped open the briefing to the page where the team was listed out.

Must be pretty serious too, to be sending such a huge force. Qenmas was dissatisfied with this. He worked best alone, where his skills at investigation could be used to their full effect. Perhaps he would have some free time to conduct some operations. It would certainly depend on Master Adimus and how strict he would be on supervision. From what Qenmas had heard, Adimus was quite the loner himself. Qenmas' chances of solo operations looked well.

The chronometer by his bed started beeping. It was time for the meeting. The Jedi Knight pulled himself up to his feet and straightened his robes. He went over to his mirror to straighten his hair a bit and exitted his room. At once he squinted his eyes in the bright Coruscant sun. The enclave was looking as austere and peaceful as always.

The Knight turned to walk along the colonnade, passing more rooms on the way to the meeting place. He could feel the force flowing around him, disturbed, tainted with doubt. There were too many in the temple that were having crises of faith. It was happening more and more, people leaving the order, hesitant about what was done to curb the darkness.

Weaklings all around! The fools would sit in their rooms, meditating on the balance while the darkness wiped out all that was good in the galaxy.

Qenmas prayed that the other Knights in the group had sense. Some of them he had heard of, others he had not. Most had reputations that preceded them, though he knew better than to place stock in hearsay. He hoped that that they were not apart of the ever-growing gang of whishy-washy philosophers that were not willing to act. Should his prayers be for naught, indeed the mission would be far more complicated than he would like.

Qenmas arrived at the meeting area, slinking in as was his style. He never made his presence one of great fanfair and triumph as some of his fellows did. He bowed to Master Adimus and nodded to the other two Knights present. He recognized both of them. One was Jedi Knight Zaydin Ven, a suspicious character that had been taking a unusually fond interest in Sith lore and artifacts. The other was Knight Alexia Rivers, a fellow investigator like himself. She was young, rash, and a bit of a wild card. But still a good head as far as Qenmas had heard.

He stood near the back of the group, keeping quiet.

TAG: Jedi
  15. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4

As Josan neared the bridge, he gently slipped through two of the passangers pointing at an image of a heavily damaged ship outside of the small window near him. It was the same ship that he had seen when he had used the force to glimpse the danger. The damage was indeed severe and Josan's stomach jumped a bit as he felt the fear return of thousands dead. There was already enough needless death, need there be more? He sighed softly and moved forward into the bridge, where the captain was conversing with various crewmen. She was a tall, thin woman, probably in her mid to late forties, with reddish-brown hair and a harried look about her. Her regulation uniform was neatly ironed with a few insignias on the sleeves, but it was obvious that she had most likely never served in any type of military for a day in her life. Probably just a graduate of some random flying school, or some pilot off of Nar Shaddaa, Josan thought to himself. However, she held herself with poise and purpose, and with the current situation, was handling it apparently as any seaoned military commander would do.

As Josan approached her, he saw his Jedi counterpart in the same room. Figuring he could talk to him with the captain, since he sensed that they were after the same goal, he kept his current route. "Excuse me," Josan said, in his usual soft and calm voice towards the Captain, however she didn't answer. Instead, she turned and addressed another crewman. "Excuse me," Josan said once again, this time a slight bit louder. "I was wondering if..."

She turned from him. Josan sighed. Grabbing her shoulder gently, he turned her around. "Excuse me!" he said, this time much louder. The Captain looked slightly taken aback. "There is much damage to the ship, and judging by its current location, and why even a small transport responded to the distress call, you will probably need all the help you can get. I know I may not seem like much, but I can assure you that I will come in handy in a situation like this."

The captain was still surprised that Josan had turned her around forcefully, and simply pursed her lips and nodded at him. Josan then looked to the right and saw the Jedi Knight walking towards him. "Hello again." It wasn't really again, but Josan and he had seen each other upon the Jedi's boarding of the vessel, and even though Josan had not greeted him, they were still seeing each other for the second time.

Tag Blubeast1237
  16. jedi_killeroak Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC:Fire Blast! Ok, got it. It was kinda unclear. Changing post from begaining. Thanks for the update.

IC: Lord Jin (Korriban)

Lord Jin stood at the once grand gates of the temple. His trek across Korriban, was thankfully unevenful, but from what he had seen to this moment filled him with pure anger. Now, it was nothing but cold rage. His torn and ragged robes, blew in the wind, and knew that nothing else stood to come back, too. His studies and work, vanished in the bombing and destruction that took place here.

Slamming his fist against the wrecked door, he strode into the temple's grounds to see the dead and the dying, laying about. Needing the energy to keep moving, he made his way to each one, and drained them, till he was feeling better. It was a tempory fix, but enough to stand more straight and proud. Lord Jin, made slow progress to the hangers, and started to search for a working ship. Though as he did so, he picked up several sabers, that some Dark Lords had, and pocketed them, as best he could.

After several hours of looking he found no ship, that was fly-able. He finally gave up more angry than when he started. "Those kriffing, Jedi and Republic, will pay for this mistake!" His raised voice, brought dust and more stones, come crashing down, but he easily moved or took them out of his way. Lord Jin, picked his way out of the destroyed hanger and headed towards the gate. He remembered, that an assassin had returned earlier, and he needed his ship now.

So now he stood, at the crubling gates on Korriban, waiting for the assassin Icarus Parshath to arrive. He sat down, into a lotus postion, and started to meditate on the situation at hand.

OOC: Fixed. [face_peace]
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Alexia Rivers

Coruscant

Alexia offered Zaydin Ven a brief smile and wave in greeting as he stepped into the meeting area just moments after she arrived. The two of them both been trained at the Coruscanti enclave, although they were not close - the differences in their ages, as well as Zaydin's interest in lightsaber combat and Alexia's lack thereof had meant they had little reason to spend time with one another when they were younger and even less opportunity to do so once they began training with their respective Masters. Anyway, they had known each other in passing for a while, so while she respected his abilities she didn't see much reason to stand on ceremony.

Judging by Zaydin's solemn bow, though, he did. Alexia hid a grin.

Her attention was diverted by the Jedi Master as he turned to face the two younger Jedi, smoothing his robes as he did so. "Knight Ven. Knight Rivers," he said formally, acknowledging their bows with a slow nod to each of them before turning his attention to her. Alexia resisted the urge to squirm under that piercing green gaze. "Knight Alexia Rivers, isn't it? I'm ... sorry for your recent loss. Calys Rivers was a good woman, and an excellent Jedi. You have her look about you."

Alexia blinked and rocked back slightly on her heels, startled. She had grown somewhat accustomed to people offering condolences over the last few days, or at least as accustomed as one could possibly get given the subject matter, but - something about what his words and bearing seemed to indicate he had known her mother personally. He wasn't just saying it out of courtesy; he genuinely meant it. It was both typical of Mother not to have ever mentioned knowing Cho-Shai Adimus, as reticent about her past as she had always been, and incongruous that the two of them would now be assigned to the same mission.

Mentally, she groped for something to say. "I... thank you for kind words, Master Adimus," she replied after a beat. Honesty compelled her to add, though, "I didn't realize you knew my mother."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another Jedi Knight, Qenmas Pacto, enter the meeting area and quietly take up a spot near the back of the group. Qenmas was another one who she could recognise by sight and reputation, although their paths had never had reason to cross before now.

TAG: Ktala, Saintheart, Beta-Commando, Sarge221, Ewok_Jedi, Imperial_Hammer
  18. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: DarthXan318, if you don't like where I take this, please feel free to smack me down for it. ;)

IC - Cho-Shai Adimus

Meeting Courtyard,
    Jedi Enclave,
    Coruscant

Facing Alexia as he was, Master Adimus didn't see Qenmas Pacto enter the courtyard, but the Force gave a gentle ripple with the Jedi's presence, tugging on the Warrior Master's mind.

He ignored it; he was too busy dealing with the wave of memories that had swelled in his mind's eye. Memories of the woman whose ghost now stood before him, memories so old Calys had been no older than Alexia was now. Part of it, he was sure, was the tiredness he'd been experiencing, somehow making the past billow into the present with greater force than it should. The parapets of Castellar Dooku, and a whirlwind of death that had been two Jedi exploding into combat against the enemy...
    "She and I were trained together," said Cho-Shai, feeling the silence draw out a little too long. "We were partnered together for a time. I'm not surprised she didn't talk much of the past. She was a very private woman."
    Liar, his conscience admonished him inside his skull. She wasn't private about her life before Serenno...

He realised he'd drifted off again, and focused back on Calys' daughter. "Forgive me. I haven't slept well tonight. I am glad to meet you, Knight Rivers. I for one will be glad to have a Rivers watching my back."

With a smile, his mind still a little disturbed by the ghost he'd seen in Alexia Rivers, Adimus turned in the direction of the sensation he'd felt earlier to the figure standing unobtrusively behind him. Ah. Now this Jedi was something different again; reading the brief list, Cho-Shai was relatively certain this would be Qenmas Pacto, also thought of highly by his superiors in the Circle. A consummate loner, which Cho-Shai could appreciate.
    "Knight Pacto," said Cho-Shai, without ceremony.

TAG: Beta-Commando, Sarge221, Ewok_Jedi, Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318
  19. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC, Jin Rei Amarant

Jedi Temple, Arkania

From where he stood upon the Temple terrace, Jin Rei could feel a soothing breeze coming from the lush and verdent forest. It's caresses ruffled his robes. The scents of the gardens that lay all around wafted about him, but Jin Rei was oblivious. He was trying so hard to shake the troubling feelings that assailed him, but found himself failing in that regard. The enormity of the "Jedi Conflict" and it's aftermath were begining to take an obvious toll on him and his usual equanimity...and no amout of vistas and aromatherapy could ease his inner discord.

It was almost a year to the date since Master Kal-Somaar perished on a botched mission against the Sith. Unfortunatelly, and as of late, Jin Rei had been sent on separate missions. At the time he could not explain the unease he felt surrounding his Cerean Jedi Master. There were just too many things on his mind for him to see things clearly. And now in hindsight....

Jin Rei sighed heavily and shook his head, as if the action would somehow cause these thought to be flung from his mind. Reflexively, he passed a hand through his hair as he sought to sort his thoughts, but peace of mind refuse to come. His mind now went back to the Jedi Enclave on Coruscant where the New Temple was being built and to his encounter with Master Brill.

Jin Rei was certain enough to bet the extra reddish pigment on his skin that Master Brill was trying to get rid of him. He just could not fathom the reason why, but the Jedi master had looked down on him, barely holding back his contempt as he ordered him, with no explenation, to go to Arkania. The order in itself was not unusual, but the Jedi master's behaviour had been odd. All it accomplished was to compound Jin Rei's feelings of uncertainty even further.

And now he was in Arkania, awaiting word from the Council or one of the Masters in the mission field.

Arkania was a pleasant enough planet, and those at the Temple treated him with fraternal candor. He had heard that there were other Jedi here, but he had yet to encounter them.

Suddenly feeling the need for meditation, Jin Rei turned from his spot and began to climb the Temple stairs when he heard a voice call out.

"Jin Rei Amarant!"

Jin Rei looked up and saw a Noghri descending the stairs. The Jedi knight immediately recognized the creature perched on the Noghri's shoulder. A Kowakian-monkey lizard. That was oddly interesting, but what truly caught Jin's attention was the Noghri's tone in which he spoke. It almost sounded as if the Noghri used his name as some sort of understated insult. The inflection was subtle, but Jin Rei could swear that it was there.

"Greetings. I believe we were on a mission together a couple of years ago. My name is Voren'kaa, you may remember. What brings you to Arkania, may I ask?"

It took a moment for the Jedi knight to respond. The name sounded vaguely familiar, so he could not be sure. And after so many years of battles, faces tended to look all the same, even Noghri faces. But a kowakian-monkey lizard? Surely Jin Rei would have been able to recall that, but the fact was, that he wasn't sure. Not with his mind filled with so many conflicting thoughts.

"Greetings Voren'kaa..." Jin Rei returned the greeting with forced ease and a nod of the head. Out of sheer habit, Jin Rei called upon his warning sense. It'd been a totally reflexive act, and he had already acted upon it without a thought, even before he could stop himself. He hadn't recognized the Noghri right away, so he had gone with his first reaction.

"I was sent here by Master Brill, but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. Actually, no one seems to know. Supposedly an envoy from the main Temple is soon to arrive, perhaps then more will be revealed."

Jin Rei found himself slightly more at ease now that he was engaged in conversation. He smiled slightly as he studied the Noghri and his pet, even as he continued to speak. Perhaps that memory of their m
  20. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Qenmas

Qenmas paid great attention to what Master Adimus was talking to Rivers about. Something about her dead mother. Tragic indeed. Of course, the Jedi was careful, as usual, to keep his interest entirely subdued.

He kept his focus on Master Adimus, as was custom. A good knight always paid attention to his superiors. Such respect was the bulwark of civility within the Order. Indeed, it was a pillar to making the Order just that, an order. With everything in its proper place.

"Knight Pacto," the elder Master said.

"Master Adimus," the Knight responded, repeating the bow he performed when he entered. "A pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance. I've heard many good things about you."

Pacto remained cool as space itself, calm and collected, yet polite. He observed the Master's every move and motion with great scrutiny.

TAG: Saint, Jedi
  21. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Coruscant, Jedi Enclave Meeting Courtyard

Once he had received a greeting in turn from the other two Jedi and found his position in the room next to the door, Zaydin had allowed his thoughts to spring up from the recesses of his mind, mostly about the mission that he and the others were about to be sent on. Starting where his thoughts last ended, Zaydin focused once more on the reason why they were being sent - civil unrest - and let his thoughts branch out to create their own explanations of what the civil unrest could be. The fact that where they were being sent bordered Sith worlds were the main factor of Zaydin's quickly forming theories. Maybe there was something that involved the Sith? Could be the reason why it was a whole team of Jedi that were being sent there.

Could just be the Masters overreacting, a less disciplined part of Zaydin's mind voiced. The Knight supressed that part of his mind once again, but the thought still stuck. Maybe it was a simple overestimation of the threat. It wouldn't be the first time that the Jedi had decided to go a little...extreme with their actions involving Sith. Zaydin still latched onto the possibility of there being something actually involving the Sith however. Perhaps the mission might even point the Jedi in the direction of the said Sith worlds and Zaydin couldn't stop the other thoughts that were springing up from his mind at that, thinking of what could be found on the Sith worlds. Answers he hoped, the things he had been looking for ever since he heard about the news. If only he could find answers as to why-

"Knight Alexia Rivers, isn't it? I'm ... sorry for your recent loss. Calys Rivers was a good woman, and an excellent Jedi. You have her look about you."

The words from Master Adimus cut into Zaydin's thoughts, and the Knight had to take a second to realize what the Jedi Master had just said. He realized quickly enough though, and his head - having been bowed as he became lost in his thoughts - suddenly raised as he stared at Alexia, surprised at this news. He didn't know about that. That fact actually made the Knight feel a bit of regret for not knowing, and he immediately wondered why as he tried to defend himself for that lack of knowledge. He and Alexia had trained in the same enclave, but they hadn't really known each other that well. Age didn't really allow them to participate in the same courses, and Zaydin, having chosen the lightsaber, had his own seperate training sessions to help him become accustomed to the weapon. There wasn't really a reason why he should be too concerned with her life. Besides, if her mother's death had been recent, Zaydin had probably been busy with missions and trying to learn more about...

Zaydin allowed that thought to trail off while his eyes once again moved downwards, remaining silent as he wasn't sure what he should say and not wanting to be caught staring, instead listening to Master Adimus about his experience with Alexia's mother. Despite his reasoning from before, Zaydin still felt bad about not knowing about Alexia's loss. Fortunately, that was when another Jedi - Qenmas - entered, giving Zaydin a distraction as the Knight bowed his head respectfully to another Jedi who had a reputation - as well as a name for that reputation - behind him.

TAG: Saintheart, Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318, Beta-Commando, Ktala, Ewok_Jedi
  22. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Saintheart - *grins* Hardly. :D I confess to not having really fleshed out Calys' past yet, so I'm enjoying how you're filling in the gaps nicely. :p

IC: Alexia Rivers

Coruscant

For his part, the Jedi Master seemed strangely lost for words - although perhaps he was merely as surprised by this turn of events as Alexia was. "She and I were trained together," said Master Adimus at last. "We were partnered together for a time. I'm not surprised she didn't talk much of the past. She was a very private woman."

Alexia digested this in silence, studying Adimus as he seemed to gaze off into the distance - or perhaps into the past? She couldn't tell, although she supposed the two looked much the same. Seemingly realizing this, he focused back on Alexia. "Forgive me. I haven't slept well tonight. I am glad to meet you, Knight Rivers. I for one will be glad to have a Rivers watching my back."

"Quite all right," the young Jedi murmured, returning his smile. "Pleased to meet you as well, Master Adimus."

He looked to be about the same age or slightly older than her mother, although the bald head and wiry build made it a bit difficult to judge his age. Late forties, she guessed, or early fifties. It seemed odd, imagining him and her mother being partners in their youth, or indeed imagining either of them as young in the first place. She suddenly found herself very curious about what that must have been like, working with her mother - perhaps he would be willing to talk about it later if they had time -

Alexia was suddenly uncomfortably aware that Zaydin and Qenmas Pacto were listening to their conversation, and was duly relieved when Adimus turned to greet Pacto. For her part, she gave Pacto a nod in greeting and the same polite smile she had turned on Zaydin. Surreptitiously, she glanced out the door. By her count, they were still missing two of the Jedi Knights assigned to this mission.

TAG: Ktala, Saintheart, Beta-Commando, Sarge221, Ewok_Jedi, Imperial_Hammer
  23. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ackerley Teilo

The meditator passed Ackerley one the bridge while he was on his way to the captain. He knew he was the meditator because of the way the man seemingly at peace and had a lingering sense of peace about him, obviously someone who had just woken up from another world of their own. That, and the fact that their were only 3 other passengers and he hadn't sensed them to be Force sensitive. He hadn't known when he had first boarded the ship that this man was the one who had been given special quarters and even though there was nothing sinister about him, you cold tell alot about people by the way they dressed, his mother's words when he had asked her how to get a girl to like him.

Even though he was passed, Ackerley followed swiftly behind the man towards the captain, though not fast, but swiftly. He stopped when he saw the man had confronted the captain, but she seemed to not have heard him or was distracted by the many other things going on at the moment, which was perfectly understanding, but the man seemed to not understand that, or rather demanded attention at that moment.

He could understand the other's want to help because he had it too, but he had to realize that maybe they weren't needed at the moment, and if they were, their services had already been offered and she would keep them in mind. This was all logical thinking, but either it hadn't occured to the man and he simply ignored this feeling of mutual respect. Ackerley rubbed his temple with his left hand.

You're starting to sound too much like a Jedi, he thought with a smile as he proceeded onward to them.

He was just going to excuse the man's behavior at first, but when he saw that he grabbed her and forcibly turned her around, he felt instant anger at the man and stepped forward and grabbed the man's arm tight, peeling it off her shoulder. Even though she didn't seem to mind, he wouldn't allow for someone to touch a woman in that manner, a forceful one. He lowered the man's hand to his side and let his hand fall back to his own side. Turning back towards the Captain, he gave a slight lean forward, a bow, and began. "Excuse me captain, I am Jedi Knight Ackerley Teilo and I just want to put you on notice that I am at your service if any help is needed during this crisis." Spoken softly, he let his eyes shift to the man. "What is your name, sir?"

Tag: Marcusdade, Ktala
  24. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    OOC: Ok so I last I checked I was sent to Arkania with a few others. Since it seems the others haven't noticed me there I'll introduce myself.

IC: Damkor Kirido

"I'm Master Kirido." Damkor said bowing to Voren'kaa soon after Jin Rei had finished introducing himself. "Like my friend Master Armant here said we are here on request of the Jedi Council. We're not sure on any specifics but judging by the fact I'm here I'd sa it has somethingto do with some excavation work. I serve the Jedi as both Master and archeologist, this planet is on the old Sith Space border and I believe the Council may think that some of their artifacts may have made their way here. If so we will need to remove them before they fall into the wrong hands." Damkor added and with that joined Jin Rei on the balcony of the Arkanian enclave.

TAG: Winged_Jedi, greyjedi125
    OOC: I just thought I should introduce myself, sorry if I made anyone angry with me.
  25. MarcusDade Jedi Master

star 4

Josan, after greeting the captain and the Jedi, he turned to the Jedi. He was very taken aback at the forceful action of the man to remove his hand, and although it caused no anger in him, he was surprised that a Jedi had done such a thing. It wasn't as if he had forcefully grabbed the woman. He had simply put his hand on her shoulder gently and used it to nudge her to turn around. But then again, there were those who considered chivalry such a top priority that they would punch you in the face if you sneezed in the wrong way around a woman.

"I am Josan," he said in his gentle voice towards the Jedi, "And it is not wise to touch someone that is not known to you. Had I been a sith, you could have forfeited your life with one simple move. Furthermore, your anger at a simple action of gently laying one's hand on one's shoulder to grab their attention is a disturbing thing, as it is not something to needlessly become angry about." The old teacher in him had come out. "I believe you need to calm yourself, and it is also not a good idea to force your help upon a woman who does not need it. Needless chivalry can sometimes go unwanted and can be quite angering to some."

He smiled gently, however, to show the man that he meant no offense to either he nor the woman by his words nor actions. He then planted his staff in front of him and rested both hands upon it and looked at the Jedi. "Do you understand my point, however?" He was studying the jedi. He was trying to figure out if he was as old as he looked, why he didn't know him. The only reason he could think of was that this Ackerley must have came to the Jedi late. It would also explain why someone of his age was still just a Knight.

The bustling of various crewmates was all that could be heard, as well as their conversations. This was obviously a big deal, and Josan doubted whether the crew on the ship knew how to even properly hold a blaster. He had been a commander in the Great Hyperspace war, but he certainly didn't enjoy the experience, and the Republic soldiers under him didn't like the fact of how he always kept telling them to offer the other side terms of surrender. Josan was no coward, very far from it, but he saw no need in killing if you didn't to. He sighed. This was deffinitely an unwelcome change in the events of his supposed 'peaceful' sabbatical, but perhaps this would help him more understand the mission that the force was trying to make him see for himself.

Tag: Blubeast1237
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.