main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Shadra

"Agreed, although I doubt even the great temple still stands but nonetheless it is where survivors would go. I reccomend we take the ship as it will be faster, regardless of the fact that it's a piece of junk. Let us be off and may sometime in the futurewe be given the chance to have our vengeance."

Tag: Fanficfan

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Jin Rei Amarant

Jin gave a cordial bow right after Master Kirido introduced himself and revealed that he was the Archeological Jedi Master he'd heard so much about. Finally, there was a face to the name, Jin Rei thought to himself.

For all intents and purposes, Master Kirido appeared to be a traditionally unassuming human Jedi master, which was quite intriguing in and of itself. What was also intriguing were Master Kirido's suppositions about Arkania in relation to the Sith and the possibility of Sith artifacts hidden somewhere on the planet. Jin Rei glanced at the noghri, Voren'kaa, when the sith artifacts were mentioned. What he expected to see, he honestly wasn't quite sure. He was also uncertain as to who exactly were the 'wrong hands' in this particular case, but that was not something he felt comfortable voicing in present company.

"Remove the Sith Artifacts?" Jin Rei mused aloud.

"Is this something you were instructed to do, or your educated guess?"

Obviously, there was more to the matter that was readily known. Jin Rei suddenly wondered how the Arkanians felt about this 'dig' or if they were even aware of it. What's more, if there were indeed sith artifacts to be found, who would get them and what they would do with them? Jin Rei didn't want to think on the possibilities, given the fact that he was not thinking objectively of late.

Jin Rei made a thinking noise and held his chin between his thumb and forefinger. His dark brows knotted slightly as he waited for the Jedi Master to respond.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, chanbill5390

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    But then again, there were those who considered chivalry such a top priority that they would punch you in the face if you sneezed in the wrong way around a woman.[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ackerley Teilo

The man was seemingly trying to turn the conversation around on point to Ackerley's anger, when it was non-existent at this point. He had a brief moment of anger and then it was gone when the situation had resolved itself in silence before "Josan" had decided to lecture Ackerley on himself. He waited patiently while Josan finished, glancing around at the crew. They didn't seem to have any special skills that would make them formidable fighters should the situation come up for them to defnd themselves. He hoped they had courage because cowards were useless and only got in the way when danger occured.

His mind came back to the moment he got angry and he smiled at why he had done so. He had 4 sisters and he cared about his mother alot, Women had a special place in his life and he may have been alittle too quick to protect a woman he hardly knew, but either way, you should never put your hands on a woman and this Josan seemingly saw nothing wrong in what he had done. "Sir Josan, there is no excuse for my haste to anger, but neither is your putting your hands on her. I apologize, I was raised with 4 sisters and I love my mother dearly. Being around females alot, I may have developed a natural overprotection of them, even on women I don't know, to which I apologize to the Captain for."

It didn't hurt him to apologize for his actions, he could do that, it was apart of life and part of being an honorable man. Jedi, as he was told, were helpers and saviors of the galaxy and were overall honorable people, but most of their "rules" weren't set in stone, this was just how Jedi acted. He had been told that he didn't act like a Jedi. He hoped that that had been a compliment, but he had no time to dwell on that.

"Sir Josan, that ship," he started, indicating with a point from his index finger, "Looks as if it has been brutally torn apart, peeled like an apple. I would assume that that kind of tearing could only happn from a massive use of the Force. If it had been in a battle, there would just be damages to the exterior, explosions, missing pieces, etc. Maybe it was entering/exiting the atmosphere and that could be the cause of it, a miscalculation. What do you think because if any of my thoughts are right, there isn't much we can do. This is only a five passenger ship, including the crew. We're cramped as is and we can't afford to take on too many others without making a detour stop of some kind."

Tag: Marcusdade

4. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    IC: Josan Korr

Josan held his hand up and smiled as Ackerley began apologizing and explaining. "It's quite alright," he said gently. "No harm done, and I couldn't hold you accountable fully, now that I know the reason why you acted. I'm sorry that me doing what I did upset you." He then looked out the main window towards the large ship which was almost totally destroyed. It looked almost like it was...no...couldn't be. Noone was that powerful in the force, were they? It would take hundreds of force users to do the type of damage that had been done on that ship if it indeed was the force, however Josan found himself uncertain. Was there someone...a Jedi or Sith who was so incredibly strong in the force that they could rip apart ships like they were nothing? He didn't want to think about what type of consequences would be waiting for the opposite side of that fight.

He was startled out of his mental meanderings by Ackerley's voice. Peeled like an apple indeed, he thought to himself. "One man can make more of a difference than you could believe, Knight Teilo," he said in his gentle and cool voice. "Never underestimate the power of spirit. Every action has a reaction to it, and these reactions and actions echo through the force. With one small action, you can cause a catastrophic or beautiful reaction." He thought about, once again, the possibility of the damage being done through the force. It was insane, to think that such damage could be done, although it was possible if it was many people. Were there Sith who survived the Genocide? If they did, were they coming back for revenge? Revenge for slaughtering their race?"

"I shudder to think of what could have caused that damage, if indeed it was done by the force. However, your reasoning is sound. Bombs and ballistics would just cause holes and ruptures. It wouldn't cause the entire hull to pull backwards upon itself. Even an entrance malfunction would simply cause the ship to burn up, and besides if it was a mistake of entering the atmosphere, it would have fell to the earth of the planet, not stayed orbiting it. No, I fear that whatever did this, did it far before the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. Of course, there is always the possibility that the ship was exiting..."

His voice trailed off as he thought of those possibilities. He closed his eyes, trying to glimpse the past of the events. Nothing...nothing but haze. Whatever had done this damage had either left a void in the force, or the current events had unbalanced Josan's mind, making it so glimpsing the past of this event would be hard. He shook his head. "I can see no reason for this happening, my mind is too clouded with the current situation. However, how this happened is inconsequential to the now. While the reason this happened could provide insight, our first priority should be rescuing the survivors, if there are any. If the gravity fields are still working in the shape, then it should be providing a minimal atmosphere, so that there is just enough oxygen and anti-vaccum for at least a few survivors, and in the wake of the past horrible loss of life upon Ziost and Korriban, any life we can save will mean a lot."

He looked around at the crewman on the ship. He sighed. "Unfortunately, I don't think these crewman will be able to survive a battle with any other purpose than living shields. Hopefully they will be able to prove me wrong if the need for our assistance arises." He then smiled at Ackerly. "Also, please don't call me Sir. Josan is perfectly fine. I gave up the title of Master a good while ago and there is no need to elevate me above yourself."

Tag: blubeast1237

5. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    OOC: Appologies on the delay of this, I've been rather busy with work ...

IC: Alkresh Ryntak
    Jedi Enclave Courtyard, Coruscant

The instructions he had been given told him to meet his fellow Jedi at the enclave's courtyard before they were to depart for their mission. He just hoped that the ship would be big enough for him to meditate in peace and not have to spend to much time with the other Jedi ... Ever since their crusade against the Sith he had not felt comfortable around other Jedi knowing that they had betrayed their role as peacekeepers and defenders of the innocent, his only reason for staying with the order was to help heal the wounds of his fellow Jedi so they could once more take up their true role in the galaxy.

Looking out into the courtyard he saw several of his fellow Jedi already gathered there, discussing something but from where he was entering the courtyard he couldn't tell what which didn't really bother him any ways. Making sure not to interfere with the discussions that were going on he quietly entered the courtyard staying out of people's way till he got to a rather empty section of the courtyard watching the other Jedi go about their business ...

Silently he wondered how long they would linger here waiting for every one to show up before their departure while watching the other Jedi, some of them he had a passing familiarity with others he had seen around the enclave before but that was all. Now though he was fairly certain he would get to know all of them far better than he did now, whether or not that was a good thing time would tell ...

TAG:Sarge221, Saintheart, Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318, Beta-Commando, Ktala

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: ... And that gets us down to only Beta-Commando who still has to check in. I'm not sure if Ktala wants to do the mission briefing or if she'll ask me to stand in; I'm PMing her about that now. Rest assured, fellow travellers, nothing will keep us from our galactic rounds... :D

IC - Cho-Shai Adimus

Meeting Courtyard,
    Jedi Enclave,
    Coruscant

Cho-Shai had the sense of Qenmas now: the man was all reserve, a steady candle of calm surpassing many Jedi the Master had known. "You shouldn't trust everything you hear, Qenmas," said Cho-Shai to the Jedi Knight, a wry grin on his face as he moved across to the investigator, "There's always a capacity to overstate things when words pass from one listener to the next." The Master dropped his voice somewhat, fairly sure the other Jedi present wouldn't be able to hear. "For my part, I've heard similarly good things about your work. Particularly that last trip to Corellia. Elegant."

The Warrior Master turned in the direction of the Kel Dor who had been attempting to make as unobtrusive an entrance as possible. "Knight Ryntak. Good to see you once more. Have you mastered that Karavas technique I taught you three years ago as yet?"

It wasn't Cho-Shai's intent to embarrass the Jedi Knight; his gentle jibe was partnered with a smile. He remembered enough of the Kel Dor's brief tutoring in Makashi to also remember the Kel Dor's utter frustration with that particular way of sheathing the blade. Of course the Warrior Master didn't hold it against the Knight; clearly the Kel Dor's path had lay in another direction entirely to that of Cho-Shai, but it didn't hurt to tweak the odd nose here and there, either.

TAG: Beta-Commando, Sarge221, Ewok_Jedi, Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318

7. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    OOC: ...Changing...

[b]IC: Icarus Parshath[/b]
    [i]Korriban[/i]

Icarus Parshath had made his way up to the top of the cliff, when suddenly he only realized what happened. The temple seemed to have been in ruins, destroyed at best.

[i][b]"Oh man, why today..."[/b][/i]

He begun to walk away from the temple, and down where he should have walked up. Icarus scanned for anyone upon the horizon. No one. Soon after losing all hope in finding the person he was meant to find, it would turn out that Icarus was more foolish than he ever was. Directly infront of him, but only a few meters away stood a lone male.

[i][b]"Hey! Are you, uhh..."[/b][/i]

Icarus begun tapping his head to try and remember the name, as he walked closer.

[b]TAG: Jedi_Killeroak[/b]

8. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    IC: Lord Jin (Korriban, ruin gates)

His meditation had left him more at ease and calm...for now. His anger at finding his home destroyed, and his studies gone. Again, he slammed his fist into a piece of the ruined gate. His blood boiled from the thoughts of who had done this....the Republic, his mind screamed. "They need to pay for this, but time will come for that. Now, we must rebuild the sith and then..." He moved a further down the slop a little, and brushed the pockets that held the sabers that he had collected earlier.

His mind raced at the thoughts of a saber to withstand water, and other elements. All he needed was the missing link to it, then put them together. His thoughts wondered down many pathes, though none come close to the problem of the power transfer, and heat build up. He knew something had to give in his studies, but what.

Lord Jin's mind sensed something coming, but it was not danger, so he stayed looking into Korriban's great expanse. Then he knew who it was, just after the person spoke."Hey! Are you, uhh..."

Without turning Lord Jin spoke in harsh tones and rising anger. He deserved more than a normal greeting. "Hey? Are you?...What type of greating to a Dark Lord is that...fool! I should cut you down where you stand, and leave you for the buzzards to eat off of." Turning to face the human, he saw what he needed, it was the assassin. "Now if you are done trying to insult me on this grievus day, we need to try and contact other sith, that may still be alive, unless you do not have a working transmitter."

His tone was still harsh and cruel, he was in need of true rest and food. Then he will be ready to move on, to more demanding thoughts.

TAG: 694377

9. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Icarus Parshath
    Korriban - Ruin Gates

By the sound of the voice and choice of word given to Icarus, it would seem that the male was infact Lord Jin.

"Hey, i was'nt trying to insault you, and it's not like i really care, but one thing's for sure, you look rough!"

Icarus begun to pity the man, but soon stopped, and spoke once more.

"No, no working transmitter, infact, i never carry one around just incase something bad happens to me. You know what, i just might have some food and supplies back in the shuttle i came with if that may be of any help, and just so you know, it does have a communication system built into the control pannel."

He begun to turn back towards the the direction of which he left the shuttle, and walked down a large sandy hill.

"And just so you know, i'm not afriad of telling you what i think of you right now, but let's just keep this friendship nice and fresh before anything...uhh, dramatic happens...so, coming or not?"

Icarus turned his head back to Jin and grinned.

TAG: Jedi_Killeroak

10. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    IC: Alkresh Ryntak
    Jedi Enclave Courtyard, Courascant

Though he had not wished to interrupt any of his fellow Jedi's conversations, his attempt at an unobtrusive entrance failed as one of his former mentors acknowledged his presense saying "Knight Ryntak. Good to see you once more. Have you mastered that Karavas technique I taught you three years ago as yet?"

He turned facing his former mentor bowing respectfully before saying ?It is good to see you once more Master Adimus, I do believe my skill with a blade is comparable to your skill of healing Master.? He said lightly returning with a small jibe of his own, returning his former mentors smile though his breathing mask prevented such from being seen ...

It had been some time since he had last thought about his work within the Jedi that did not involve his current path ... All of his mentors had shown great understanding and patience with him as he struggled to complete the various tasks that had be given to him during his padawan training and basic studies at the enclave. It had taken him several years to find his true path as a Jedi, the only path that truly spoke to him through the force as the right path to take ...

TAG: Sarge221, Saintheart, Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318, Beta-Commando, Ktala

11. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    IC: Lord Jin (Korriban)

"Hey, I was'nt trying to insault you, and it's not like i really care, but one thing's for sure, you look rough! No, no working transmitter, infact, i never carry one around just incase something bad happens to me. You know what, i just might have some food and supplies back in the shuttle i came with if that may be of any help, and just so you know, it does have a communication system built into the control pannel."

Lord Jin studied the man more closly, he could not remember this one, but he was kinda liking the man. He nodded at the comments, and knew his actions were harsh, but he was a Sith Lord. It should have some degree of respect from lower poeple. Though the thought of food and good rest, was what he needed right now. Then he could get to thinking straight. He could use this man totally. He had no force talent to speak of. Though he might actually..."no, he thought, let me not rush to much, here." He thought to himself.

"And just so you know, i'm not afriad of telling you what i think of you right now, but let's just keep this friendship nice and fresh before anything...uhh, dramatic happens...so, coming or not?"

"I hope your not afraid, or I will kill you here and now. Though, I can sense that you are not, and very strong willed too. I see a good future with you so far. Though, do not push it, today. My home has been destroyed and I need to see if there are any others left." Puasing a few seconds, he turned to follow, "So let us go to your ship, and go to Zoist. I will pay you 50000 credits to do so, maybe more if there are more, left." He hoped that there was, and then they can start formalating a plan of revege against the Republic and the Jedi. "They will pay for this..." He turned and followed Icarus to his ship.

12. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Damkor Kirido

"It's merely a hypothesis, I specialize in the removal of potentially dangerous artifacts, so it would only make sense that the reason I was sent here would be to remove them. Thoug hagain I'm not one hundred percent sure as to why I was sent, but it's a safe bet it has something to do with some sort of excavation." Kirido said shrugging. "Anyway I guess we'll find out for sure once our orders are given out." he added and sat down on a nearby bench.

TAG: Fellow Arkanian Temple Occupants.

13. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: And sorry for my own delay in turn.

Voren'kaa and Gorm

Jedi Temple, Arkania

"Greetings Voren'kaa..." said Jin Rei Amarant. "I was sent here by Master Brill, but I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. Actually, no one seems to know. Supposedly an envoy from the main Temple is soon to arrive, perhaps then more will be revealed."

Voren'kaa simply nodded. Jedi conducted their business in mysterious ways. Perhaps because they had plenty to hide.

"And you, what brings you to Arkania?"

Before the Noghri could answer, a human approached (this one with a rather more normal skin complexion than Jin Rei's reddish hue) and introduced himself.

"I'm Master Kirido." Voren'kaa grunted. He had the seen the man around, but had never spoken to him. Kirido continued. "Like my friend Master Armant here said we are here on request of the Jedi Council. We're not sure on any specifics but judging by the fact I'm here I'd say it has something to do with some excavation work. I serve the Jedi as both Master and archaeologist, this planet is on the old Sith Space border and I believe the Council may think that some of their artifacts may have made their way here. If so we will need to remove them before they fall into the wrong hands."

Voren'kaa did not say a word. Part of him itched to leave the two Jedi immediately- merely by remaining in their company could he feel the tempting touch of the Force, tentatively prodding at his soul. But this talk of artifacts interested him.

"Remove the Sith Artifacts?" Jin Rei mused aloud. "Is this something you were instructed to do, or your educated guess?"

"It's merely a hypothesis, I specialize in the removal of potentially dangerous artifacts, so it would only make sense that the reason I was sent here would be to remove them. Though again I'm not one hundred percent sure as to why I was sent, but it's a safe bet it has something to do with some sort of excavation. Anyway I guess we'll find out for sure once our orders are given out."

"You say...you 'remove' Sith artifacts," said Voren'kaa solemnly, his Noghri tongue pronouncing Basic in a harsh whisper. "Remove. Does this mean you destroy the artifacts...or do you take them and keep them for further study?"

"Finders keepers, losers weepers," chirped Gorm from his shoulder. "Heeheeheeheehee."

Tag: chanbill, greyjedi

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"No the Jedi rarely study such things unless they appear harmless enough to be safe. As for the more dangerous ones we keep them deep in the vaults at the enclave on Coruscant, for safekeeping shuld anyone wish to use them for nefarious reasons, some of us still believe that the Sith still roam the outer reaches of the galaxy biding there time to strike. It is my duty to make sure that any of their 'toys' don't get back in their hands." Kirido said in response to Voren'kaa's inquiry.

TAG: Winged_Jedi

15. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Voren'kaa and Gorm

Jedi Temple, Arkania

"No," replied the young archaeologist, "the Jedi rarely study such things unless they appear harmless enough to be safe. As for the more dangerous ones we keep them deep in the vaults at the enclave on Coruscant, for safekeeping should anyone wish to use them for nefarious reasons, some of us still believe that the Sith still roam the outer reaches of the galaxy biding there time to strike. It is my duty to make sure that any of their 'toys' don't get back in their hands."

"Boys and their toys!" squealed Gorm, cackling happily. His master was less content- the Noghri's grim features had tightened into a forbidding frown.

"No no no," Voren'kaa snarled, each word laced with surprising venom, "this will not do. This will not do at all. Sith artifacts should be destroyed the moment they are discovered, they are too dangerous to be left intact. The Jedi should not presume themselves mighty enough to keep any...for safekeeping or otherwise."

He paused, and hissed softly through his teeth, baring sharp fangs without realising. It was unintentionally aggressive, and Gorm mimicked his master by grinning from ear to ear. Somehow, it was not quite as intimidating.

"If you are going on an excavation here," continued Voren'kaa, "then I will accompany you."

It was a statement of intent, not a request.

Gorm giggled to himself.

Tag: chanbill, greyjedi

16. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Korriban - Sith Shuttle

"Hey, hey, hey, i don't want your credits, but if you're offering..."

He tilted his head so he could see him, then grinned.

"I thaught that you knew that I was a Sith, well...Not actually a propper sith, well...I would descibe myself as a servent, assassin, etc, etc"

Soon arriving at the Sith Shuttle, Icarus tapped in a button combination to open up the shuttle.

"Shall we?"

He wanted to anger Jin, but knew he shouldn't. Passing through food and supplies next to the cockpit, Icarus turned around once more facing Jin.

"Well, here we are. This isn't my shuttle...lets just say I borrowed it until i can get a ship of my own, but the food, drink, and the other things you see before you are mine, and I am ALLOWING you to have as much as you need."

Icarus made his way through to the cockpit, and sat down in the Pilot seat. As he pulled up the lever, the runway of the shuttle closed up, and the shuttle begun to take flight. As Icarus looked on his computer screen, he looked for the planet Ziost. Eventually finding it, he touched the screen, and the shuttle went into Auto-Pilot. As it made its way through the planet's atmosphere, Icarus stood and walked out into the food and supplies to see Lord Jin.

"So then, what's your story?"

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight

Jedi Temple, Arkania

At first, Jin Rei silently nodded as he got his response from Jedi Master Kirido. This was all very interesting, but he still didn't see why HE was sent on a mision to this supposed excavation. The answer to that question, he was certain, would come sooner than later. However, it was the Noghri's words that stirred his inner emotions.

"No no no," Voren'kaa snarled, each word laced with surprising venom, "this will not do. This will not do at all. Sith artifacts should be destroyed the moment they are discovered, they are too dangerous to be left intact. The Jedi should not presume themselves mighty enough to keep any...for safekeeping or otherwise."

To his silent astonishment, the Noghri's proclamation sounded just like some of the conversation Jin overhead over at the Jedi Council Halls. Is this what the jedi truly felt about the Sith? Conversely, what did HE truly feel about the Sith? For during this conflict, he was no longer just a mediator and a diplomat. He was now a warrior and a killer. In fact, the present conflict between the Sith and the Jedi was a complete and utter failure of diplomacy.

With an inner effort, the Jedi Knight cut short his musings and kept his mind focused on the moment at hand. There would be much time for musing and sorting out later....perhaps.

Jin Rei's purple eyes narrowed as he studied Voren'kaa and his strange pet. It occurred to him that the Noghri hadn't had the chance to answer his earlier question, as they had been interrupted by the Jedi Master's arrival.

"Excuse me, Voren'kaa...but did you say you were sent here by the Council as well?"

Jin Rei tried to keep a neutral face and tone, but was not sure if he'd succeded.

'There is no emotion', his old Master used to quote to him over and over again. Jin always had some trouble with that particular verse in the Jedi Code, but he came close to mastering it before the conflict began. Still, though Jin felt he no longer was on his best form when it came to matters of diplomacy, and perhaps that was the reason the Council had sent him away, eitherway, he still needed some answers from the Noghri whom he barely recalled. If this was a Jedi dig, and "jedi business", then it stood to reason that only Jedi, or those given authority by them could enter the site.

Affecting a patience that only diplomats could muster, Jin Rei calmly waited to see what Voren'kaa's response would be.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, chanbill5390

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Voren'kaa and Gorm

Jedi Temple, Arkania

"Excuse me, Voren'kaa...but did you say you were sent here by the Council as well?"

"That arrogant circle of hypocrites no longer has any authority over me," replied the Noghri. "I left your Order after the genocide of the Sith."

He paused for a moment, and his face darkened in such a way that it seemed he was remembering the horrors of that event. Even Gorm maintained a respectful silence.

"I came to Arkania," continued Voren'kaa with a deep breath, "to spend some time in seclusion before beginning this new chapter in my life. I have to come to the Temple every now and then in order to use the holo-hub. It is an unfortunate necessity."

Tag: gj125, chanbill5390

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Jedi Temple, Arkania

It took a great deal of effort for Jin Rei to keep his eyebrows from rising in surprise at the Noghri's outburst and maintain that neutral expression he'd practiced for so long. He felt his words cut deep at the one institution he'd known all his life, but at the mention of the Sith genocide, Jin Rei couldn't bring himself to disagree with Voren'kaa, given his own personal feelings and his involvement during the entire sordid event. The cost had been high, much too high. Even the loss of his beloved Master seemed insignificant when compared to the atrocities committed in the name of the Republic.

Once again, Jin Rei summoned unguessed inner strength and held it all indside. He would not be goaded into a debate on the matter, no matter how much he wanted to. His purple eyes glanced to the side and fell upon Master Kirido. He was most curious as to how the Jedi Master would react or respond to the Noghri's denouncements.

As for Jin Rei, he archived the information in his mind. So, Voren'kaa was one of the Jedi who had left the order after the Sith genocide. No wonder he could not clearly remember him. Had the Noghri been a Jedi Kniight or a Jedi Master, he wondered. Much of what happened then was still an umpleasant dark blur of anger and death in his mind.

Forcing himself not to think on those events presently, Jin Rei came at the Noghri from a different angle.

"Then...." Jin Rei began saying inquisitively, "...how do you propose to reach the excavation site, assuming there is one. You yourself have just admitted that you left the Jedi Order and are no longer a part of it. This matter technically no longer concerns you. Other than being authorized by the council itself, the only other possible way I can think of reaching the site is, if Master Kirido here..." Jin Rei said gesturing to the Archeological Jedi Master, "... finds it suitable to grant you passage. It is clear that the Jedi Council acts with consent of the Arkanian goverment. Any other presence at the site would certainly be contested."

Jin Rei fell silent. Things were getting....interesting, while they waited for the official envoy to arrive.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Chanbill5390

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    Voren'kaa and Gorm

Jedi Temple, Arkania

Voren'kaa listened with growing frustration, impatience and irritation. In truth he had precious little reason to follow the archaeologists. His vow to do so was a vow borne of rashness and stubborn pride. But he would be damned if he did not follow through with a promise, even a rash and stubborn one. He had his own honour- he was not a Jedi.

"I have every right to be present," he hissed. "Sith artifacts are dangerous to everyone- they are a concern for all on the planet. This is not another matter to be hidden away underneath the blanket of 'Jedi business'. Your Order may think it answers to no one, but there are some people who are brave enough to demand accountability. I am one of those people.

"What have you to hide, that you fear an observer's presence? I will be watching any excavation. You are free to try and stop me."

He left it there, with that barely-veiled invitation to violence. He thought he would storm off but instead found himself standing very still, brimming with fury. Aggression was present in his tone, his stance, his expression.

"What have you to hide, what have you to hide?" parroted Gorm. "Hahahahahaha. Arrogant Jedis."

Tag: gj125, chanbill5390

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Jedi Temple, Arkania

Much to his surprise, Jin Rei was amused by the Noghri's reaction, but he did not let that show. He felt a pang of guilt, for it was not his intention to cause the former Jedi to become irate, at least not intentionally.

Jin Rei was now really curious as to what Master Kirido would say. What if the excavation was indeed closed-off to all but Jedi? Well, that possibility was something yet to be revealed. Would the Noghri comply with the wishes of the Jedi Council, or resort to take more drastic measures to impose his personal judgement on the fate of Sith Artifacts.

Jin Rei internalized all these possibilities and made mental notes and adjustments according to the each possible outcome. Outwardly, he ignored the Kwakian monkey lizard and addressed Voren'kaa.

"The Jedi are public servants and as such, they have very little or nothing to hide."

Jin Rei was surprised at himself and at the words that seemed to automatically come out of his mouth.

"Nevertheless, If the Jedi and the Arkanian goverment decide that the excavation is restricted, then it would be prudent to obey the law. Anarchy of any sort has no place in a civilized society where there are peaceful means to settle disputes."

In a flash of abstract thought, Jin Rei imagined himself to be a protocol droid who had suddenly become self-aware and was now stuggling to turn off an automated recording.

"But we will know more once the official envoy arrive. As interesting as all this sounds, it is only conjecture."

Jin Rei offered a small smile to the Noghri.

"....and I do apologize if my words somewhow unsettle you. Please be certain that THAT is not my intention."

Jin Rei gave a small bow of respect. Former Jedi or not, his diplomatic training taught him to see all sentient beings as equals.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Chanbill5390

22. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Voren'kaa, I see no reason why you should not be permitted to view the excavation. However the fate of any Sith related artifacts will lie in the hands of the Jedi council, the Republic views such things as best suited to be dealt with by those who have a slightly better understanding of such things. As for destroying them you'll find that difficult with some of the artifacts, some are so enshrouded in the dark side that it makes them to powerful to destroy, such as Sith Holocrons. Such things are best kept secluded in the vaults on Coruscant where we can damp down their power to the point where they are useless." Kirido said. "However you may be rather useful in the location of any Sith artifacts, your extended presence here must have allowed you to sense any alterations in the flow of the force here. Those alterations are most likely caused by dark side artifacts. You could lead us to them and help us get them under a containment field." he added looking directly at Voren'kaa.

TAG: Winged_Jedi, greyjedi125

23. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Chade
    Ziost

"Agreed, although I doubt even the great temple still stands but nonetheless it is where survivors would go. I reccomend we take the ship as it will be faster, regardless of the fact that it's a piece of junk. Let us be off and may sometime in the futurewe be given the chance to have our vengeance."

"The ship it is then," Chade hissed as he made his way back inside the rusting heap, "our vengance will not wait forever. Others will return to the temple, whatever remains of it, and with them we will find other survivors." As he entered the cockpit Chade dropped into the copilots seat, content to let his fellow assassin fly the ship while he pushed out his senses, searching for any other Sith remaining on the planet.
    Tag: Yuul_Shamar

24. jedi_killeroak

Apr 16, 2005
    IC: Lord Jin (Korriban)

"Hey, hey, hey, i don't want your credits, but if you're offering...I thaught that you knew that I was a Sith, well...Not actually a propper sith, well...I would descibe myself as a servent, assassin, etc, etc."

Lord Jin was getting tired of the man talking so much. He always hated a fast talker, and one that talked too much. Though he needed transportation off the planet, he went with the talkitive man. "If he can do his job, as good as he talks, he might be worth keeping alive longer than a few minutes." They arrived at his shuttle, and while he tapped his code in, Lord Jin spoke. "Some of us Lords, have more concern with our studies than something that goes on outside their realm."

Then he stopped as the landing ramp lowered, though he did not wait for the asking, he went and stepped upon the ramp, and headed in. He heard the man come up behind and started to talk again. "Well, here we are. This isn't my shuttle...lets just say I borrowed it until i can get a ship of my own, but the food, drink, and the other things you see before you are mine, and I am ALLOWING you to have as much as you need."

Lord Jin turned at looked at the assassin, "If the the man keeps trying to anger me, I will destroy him, and there will be no one to stop me from doing so." He thought as he watched the man walk off to the flight controls. Lord Jin turned back to the food and dug in.

Even as his hands were working to feed himself, his mind was thinking. "Who does he think he is...I am Lord Jin, Lord of the Sith. If he thinks, I will continue to allow him to treat me this way...he will not last long in my...service." His fist slammed down as anger peeked again. "He will ALLOW, me to eat his food. Kriffing! I will kill him sl...ow...ly!" Then he heard the door open and Icarus coming back.

"So then, what's your story?"

Lord Jin looked at the man, and smiled a cruel smile. His eyes scanned the assassin and scowled. "Do not let your questions get you killed,Icarus. Though I do not have a lot of dealings with assassins, do not over rate your status Icarus." Lord Jin put the food down, and dug right into what he needed first. "Since we are now lifted off, have you tried to contact anyone that you knew of from your guild, yet?" His question was straight forward, and to the point. He needed information and needed it quick. "We need to try to let any survivors know that some of us are still alive, and going to regroup." Putting his hands under his chin, he stared hard at the young man, to see what he had to offer his Lord. "What are your thoughts, Icarus.

OOC: I may be gone for two weeks, I am hoping that I can get ahold of a computer to post, so please bare with me. Thanks.

25. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Space - Sith Shuttle

"Well, uhh, let's see, ahh......"

Icarus turned back towards the pockpit, and thaught. Quickly turningm back round once more, Icarus leaned up against a wall.

"Well, infact, I was actually going to let YOU speak to them, well, if their is anyone around that is. I doubt they'll want to talk to me, so I might as well get the next best -"

Icarus points at Lord Jin.

" - You..."

Icarus then folded his arms and grinned.

"Everything is all set up in the cockpit if you wish to speak to them now"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.