1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Marge's Rentals, Wayland

While Alexia went to find them a speeder, Zaydin looked down at the little girl beside him, still feeling a bit uncomfortable. Having been working alone on missions in the last few years after the war had something to do with how uncomfortable he felt at the moment, but it went back even further. True, he did have a family that had loved him but they had been Jedi nonetheless. Once he came to the age of a padawan, his parents had treated him less as their son and more as an apprentice that needed to be trained to face the hardships that life as a Jedi held.

Which didn't work out so well, Zaydin thought to himself, thinking back at how well he had been prepared for what the war put him through. It hadn't meant that his parents loved him less, but it meant that he had to act more...professionally he supposed the word was. And he just never stemmed far enough away from his family. Sure, he socialized during his time at the Academy, made friends, but training and missions kept him separated from them while he stuck with his parents. So to take care of a five-year-old child like Anna, who as far as he could tell didn't have any Jedi teachings engraved into her, to try and comfort her felt...awkward.

Actually, the last time he had ever started to feel close to anyone had been Selpha. But that had been the cause of certain circumstances; of being separated from his parents for the first time after he had been Knighted at the start of the war on the same day when he lost his father on Coruscant, his mother having gone to the front lines while he had been recovering. He probably would've never given her a second look if he hadn't noticed that she was Force-sensitive.

Zaydin looked up when he suddenly heard the hum of a speeder engine a moment before Alexia declared of having obtained a speeder. Relieved at having transportation, Zaydin said a quick, "Be right there."

With Anna having seemingly been drained from her show of power with the mirror, Zaydin took the girl in his arms before moving over to Alexia and their newly-acquired speeder, a choice that the Knight approved. Small, fast-looking, Alexia made a good choice. Anna still in his arms, Zaydin got into the passenger seat and started to strap himself in.

"You still have that package Cypher gave us?" Zaydin questioned once he finished strapping himself in place. "I was thinking we could head there if nothing else then to have a place to regroup. She did help Cypher afterall so I thought that we may at least have a friendly acquaintance here."

TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala
  2. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Alexia Rivers

Marge's Rentals, Wayland

Oh, right, the package. "Yeah," Alexia said, twisting around in her seat to reach for the backpack she had ditched in the back seat. It was slightly out of reach, but as she concentrated, it rose to meet her outstretched hand.

She popped the seal on the top compartment and retrieved Cypher's package. "I meant to go through it," Alexia said thoughtfully. She cinched her bag back up and sat it down, turning back forward. "Slipped my mind, I guess." She weighed it in her hands, turned it over, and handed it to Zaydin with a shrug. Looked like a blanket, felt like a blanket ... and she didn't feel any sense of warning from the Force. "Seems like an ordinary blanket."

Getting to Cypher's friend Kelsa, though ... Alexia peered at the dashboard and pressed a couple of buttons. "This thing should have a nav computer..." she muttered, fiddling with the console. She certainly hoped it had a working one, anyway. If it didn't, getting around Wayland might be particularly difficult.

TAG: Ktala, Sarge

Nav comp y/n? [face_batting]
  3. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    Straven Fermare
    Docking Station One-Wayland

Straven could certainly feel something wrong. His connection to the Force was.... off. The blast had little effect on him, and Cho-Shai seemed unaffected. Straven then sighed as the master jumped towards the giant tank that had just tried to blow them up.

Cho-Shai seemed to be enthusiastic, if nothing else. Resigned, Straven recovered from the blast and rushed towards the edge of the rooftop. He had little experience fighting these, so he ismply trusted Cho-Shai knew what he was doing and followed suit.

TAG: Saiont, Ktala

OOC: Sorry for the poor quality. Couldn't think of anything better.
  4. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    ALRIGHTY THEN! Yer GM is back, with some more action. Lets see if I can get the heartbeat on this drama beating just a bit faster now,....

This is just PART ONE of my updates. Part TWO is on the way!!

Saintheart, Chukles38
    On the Rooftop, Zyreticc's Clothing Store, Wayland

Cho-Shai crouched, on the rooftop, and issued his challenge towards the tank, sending a mentl shout into the darkness..

\\Darksider. You seek battle and chaos? Here I am. Come dance with me.//

Straven moved over to the master and also waited, his weapon at the ready. His challenge ot the darkness was quickly answered. The tank suddenly turned towards the clothing shop. Then it did something he had not seen a crawler do. It went up, suddenly seeming to grow larger in front of their eyes, doubling its size. The Force screamed a warning to the pair, suddenly the turnet let lose a volley of energy and blinding light...

... The area became enveloped in a blinding white light... followed by a powerful explosion, as the building shook hard, but seemed to hold firm. But it was their touch within the Force that seemed to have changed to most to the pair. Definatelly different than before. The building shook again, as Cho-Shai gritted his teeth.

Cho-Shai called the Force to him, leaping into the air in a twisting, turning somersault designed to minimise his profile to blaster fire, aimed at the crest of the tank's top...

Just as the tank seemed to grow a bit smaller. Cho-Sai felt as if the air he was in was suddenly growing thicker, as he was twisted through the air. He movement felt so much slower than normal. But the tank moved towards the center of town, at normal pace, as if it had forgotten all about him, and held a difference purpose in mind.
    Straven could certainly feel something wrong. His connection to the Force was.... off. The blast had little effect on him, and Cho-Shai seemed unaffected. Straven then sighed as the master jumped towards the giant tank that had just tried to blow them up. Resigned, Straven recovered from the blast and rushed towards the edge of the rooftop. He had little experience fighting these, so he ismply trusted Cho-Shai knew what he was doing and followed suit.

Straven watched as the Jedi Master below him seemed to suddenly slow down in mid air, missing the top that he was aiming for, and now left him quickly looking for a new perchace for his hand, before he fell to the ground below. Another blast rang out into the street below. Those still unlucky to be on the streets dove for cover, muffeled sounds could be heard, as another building shook with the intensity of the blast. Straven had but a few seconds to figure out how to react.

On the side, in one of the alleyways, an old man watched the two Jedi leap off a building to attack the machine. He was watching intently, watching as the pair moved, wondering of their next actions.

Both could hear a laughter in the distance. There was no way to tell where it was coming from, but they could hear it just the same. But they were both busy, with a very quick moving machine, which was busy spraying the area in front of it with bullets.

Imperial_Hammer
    Tower Top, Wayland

Qenmas stood at the top of the tower he had just ascended. The wind whipped around him, pulling his cloak a bit as he peered off into the distance.

He could feel the ground rumble, and the tower sway slightly, as the sound of a powerful blast reached his ears. As he scanned the area where he saw movement, a very bright light that shone out. Qenmas looked away to avoid damage to his eyes. He felt a flicker within the Force, something was deffinately wrong, and whatever it was, was in the direction of the flash.

He gave a sigh. The Jedi Knight went back down the stairs. It was quiet. he didnt even see any of the soldiers he had come on the planet with. He could hear the sounds of running footsteps, and machinery being moved in the distance. So he made his exit, and began to head towards where the rather
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    PART TWO...PART THREE ON ITS WAY! I missed a post or two... :p

DarthXan31, Sarge221
    Marge's Rentals, Wayland

While Alexia went to find them a speeder, Zaydin looked down at the little girl beside him, still feeling a bit uncomfortable. But Anna didnt seem to mind at all, as she snuggled close to him, falling into a deep sleep. Zaydin looked up when he suddenly heard the hum of a speeder engine a moment before Alexia declared of having obtained a speeder. Relieved at having transportation, Zaydin said a quick, "Be right there."

With Anna having seemingly been drained from her show of power, Zaydin took the girl in his arms before moving over to Alexia. As Zaydin walked, he noticed a door in the back, that was much larger than the other doors in the shop. More than likely that was the way they got the speeders in the show area to begin with. Zaydin got into the passenger seat and started to strap himself in. Anna reached out in her sleep for whoever was closest to her, her other hand still tightly wrapped around her necklace.

"You still have that package Cypher gave us?" Zaydin questioned once he finished strapping himself in place. "I was thinking we could head there if nothing else then to have a place to regroup. She did help Cypher afterall so I thought that we may at least have a friendly acquaintance here." "Yeah," Alexia said, twisting around in her seat to reach for the backpack she had ditched in the back seat. She popped the seal on the top compartment and retrieved Cypher's package. "I meant to go through it," Alexia said thoughtfully. She cinched her bag back up and sat it down, turning back forward. "Slipped my mind, I guess." She weighed it in her hands, turned it over, and handed it to Zaydin with a shrug. Looked like a blanket, felt like a blanket ... and she didn't feel any sense of warning from the Force. "Seems like an ordinary blanket."

Alexia peered at the dashboard and pressed a couple of buttons. "This thing should have a nav computer..." she muttered, fiddling with the console. She certainly hoped it had a working one, anyway.

A second later, Alexia pushed a button which flipped open a pannel, showing a nav computer and a communications pannel all ready to go. All of its indicators blinking green. On the nac computers screen, was many red areas, and its was showing how to reroute around the areas in red.

6. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Straven Fermare

Straven flew from the rooftop, gaining more altitude than Cho-Shai. However, their plan was quickly upset. For some unfathomable reason, Cho-Shai slowed down in mid air, as if stuck in a thick liquid. Perplexed, Straven had a few short moments to take in everything, including the retreating tank. It only took him about five milliseconds to decide the best course of action.

First order of business was Cho-Shai. Straven didn't think the master could save himself, so the Jedi Knight turned around slightly and sent as powerful a force push he could muster towards the master, hoping to get him closer to something he could grab onto.

Now Straven had to worry about himself. His force jump was powerful enough that he easily would reach the spot where the tank was... the problem was that the space was now vacant. His eyes quickly scanned the surroundings, looking for something to save himself. He quickly saw it.

He was descending quickly, about to land on the other side of the street. There was a light post rising up from the ground, and the angle was close enough to work... With some aid of the force, he was able to get his hands around the pole, and twirled around, slowing his momentum. It felt as if his arms was going to be torn out of its socket, but he came out alright. Straven slid down to the ground, landing in a crouch. He winced slightly as he moved his arm around, but it seemed alright. He noted that if not for his gloves, his hand would be a mess about now.

With no further thought, he dashed towards the retreating tank. As he neared, he jumped up onto the rear leg, hoping to get on top of it and finish it off.

TAG: Ktala, Saint
  7. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: The following is on the assumption that Chucky Bear's maneuver worked :p

IC: Cho-Shai Adimus

Well, that could've gone better, a part of Cho-Shai noted dryly as he latched onto the tank's side, his fingers screaming with effort, dangling from left to right as he fought for purchase with the other hand. The fact that the "other hand" in question held his lightsaber didn't help matters much.

The laughter in the distance and the ... muddiness ... of the Force around this thing did register in Cho-Shai's awareness. Wonderful. At least he wasn't having to contend with some Dark Side perversion like some Force-generated lightning he'd encountered once or twice.

The Force bubbled again, this time with a liquid pulse from Straven, and Cho-Shai found himself in the air, carried on a wave of Force energy from the younger man's push. Instinctively -- and effortlessly with all the years of mastery -- he rode with the wave of energy, feeling its sine shape in the ether and riding off it, using his momentum from the push to whip himself up and over, onto the top of the tank.

He found better purchase among the hull plates of the thing, gripping on as firmly as he could. Now where is--ah. Straven's presence whispered to him, and Cho-Shai responded, reaching out with the Force, taking Straven's leap onto the rear of the tank and converting it into a full-strength pull to hopefully bring Straven to join Cho-Shai on the top of the tank.

TAG: Chukles38, Ktala
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    HERE WE GO! PART THREE!

Bravo, Alkresh
    Closing in on Wayland, Mid-Rim, Aboard The Explorer

Jack Skyhunter watched as the huge asteroid rolled lazily across the transparisteel viewport, revealing the planet of Wayland in the distance, a crowd of various vessels leaving the planet. The comms were a mess of static, and confusing messages. "Can you find any information on what the heck is going on down there? Who's winning, who is fighting, etc?" Jack asked. "I'm working on it." was Sport's reply.

Skyhunter's sensor board beeped and the mercenary looked at the information presented to him. There was another ship in this asteroid field with them among the wrecked space ships, "You better work faster. We have company."

"I'm going as fast I can," Sport replied, not looking at the captain of the ship, as he focused on his work on gathering intelligence. The droid didn't seemed alarmed at all at the new developments.

After a bit more bickering, after the discovery of the strange ship in the asteriod field, did Spot manage to come up with more information. It seemed that they had several avenues at their disposal to make some credits. Fleecing a planet in trouble, was good...but the possibility of actually learning what was going on, and placing themselves in a position to earn even more, was far more tempting. With that in mind, they headed their vessel towards Wayland, for Staging Area Six. It would not take them too long to reach it. Hopefully, they could sneak in right under the Republic cruiser, and make planetside. Then they could find out whats REALLY going on.

As the ship contuined to fly towards the night side of Wayand Spot reported an interesting reading.

"Exploration on one of the space wrecks just behind us in the asteroid field. There was a sensor hit of a life being in a space suit checking out the asteroid. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Highly unlikely, but Jack gave it some thought.

"Whoever it is to be checking out a asteroid in the middle of a space battle is a brave soul. My type of company to hang out," Jack nodded his head approving at the brave space suited soul and said, "Okay, here's the plan. We go and rescue these poor souls on Wayland, make sure we pick up the princess who needs to be saved by a scum bag like me, and go do some exploration of that space wreckage. I get the thanks from everyone, get the girl, and get the profit at the end of it. Sounds good to me."

With that, they continued on towards Wayland. The Republic cruiser loomed out in front of them, but the ship did not seem to take notice. There was no call put towards them. Matter of fact, the comboard had gone strangely quiet. No chatter at all. Luickly, they had managed to get in a lock on the area that they wanted to land. It would be a few hours before night fell, however. And they were quickly noticing that staying in orbit was a dangrious thing, as ships were still leaving the planet, and some rather large looking vessels left the Republic cruiser, heading towards the planet.

So they would need to decide quickly, if they wished to wait till nightfall, while attempting to dodge all the outgoing traffic and the Republic ship, or make their way somewhere else to wait, or perhaps head for the planet, and see what their find. Then again, Jack might actually come up with another option as well. Meanwhile, Spot kept a close eye on the ship in the Graveyard, but at the moment, the ship seemed to be quite busy on its own affairs. If it even took noticed of them, it was hard to notice. The droid meanwhile heard that military was quickly evacuating Staging area 6, and from what the reports were saying, they were leaving the wounded behind. That didnt sound normal at all. There was definitely something going on the reports were not saying.... right before the comlink went silent.

BLUBEAST, yer post is changed...as I shall tell what it is he sees....

Blubeast
    Near Nin Drovis, the Space Graveyard..

Steering his ship towards the junkyard, Yaj Dok
  9. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight

Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin

Jin Rei did notice that Vin Yadel was sitting in a comfortable chair, sipping her tea. She nodded when she saw him come in.

"I take it your meeting is finished?" she asked softly, gesturing towards the pot of tea that sat on a heating pad. Jin Rei smiled and walked over to pour himself a cup of tea and answered the question as he did so. "Yes, our meeting is concluded...but I only seem to have more questions."

Jin Rei chuckled and glanced over to watch Vin Yadel as she gently blew on her cup and nodded her head towards the area where the other rooms lay.

"The Padawan is in his quarters." She said with a smirk. "I dont think he's feeling very social. Trala is watching him."

Jin Rei simply nodded in understanding as he too blew on his cup. Vin laid back in her chair, and took another sip, and ran her fingers through her hair. "So Jedi, several paths lay before us. Has a direction been chosen yet? Or shall we create our own path?" she asked with a wry grin.

Jin Rei returned the grin with equal intensity. Although he remained standing, he was enjoying the cup and the company.

"I'm all for creating our own path..." He said with some enthusiasm. "But it wouldn't be very Jedi-like to go off on a mission without first consulting Master Damkor."

Jin Rei brought the cup to his lips and took a sip as his eyes looked over to the corridor entrance and beyond. Master Damkor had been unusually quiet of late.

"But still....creating our own path...it just feels right."

Jin Rei offered Vin Yadel a smile and raised his cup to her. "Cheers". He said, then went about the business of enjoying a nice cup of tea.

Tag: Ktala, chanbill. ( ready for action! )
  10. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Jack Skyhunter
    Heading towards Wayland abaord The Explorer

Jack bit his lip as the comms reported Staging Area 6 was being evaced, but worst, was the fact that the military was leaving it's wounded. The mercenary could understand the military logic behind the move, since the wounded would slow down your tactical movements, but Jack had never seen that logic put into practice except by the hardest and most elite special operations units and the blood-thirsty warlords of far off planets. But these Republic troops were neither elite special ops soldiers, since most units as such traveled in small squads, and the Republic miitary was not headed by some bloodthirsty warlord. So the Republic's move confused Skyhunter.

Suddenly the comms went out and Sport's voice came alive. "Captain, the Republic crusier!"

Jack looked that way to see a group of large vessels leaving the cruiser's hanger holds and going towards the planet. "The Republic jammed all comm traffic. Looks like those transport are either transporting more troops to the surface or some new Republic winder weapon to wipe out this enemy of their's." But either way, the mercenary crew had their chance. With comm traffic being jammed, Skyhunter started the ship towards the mass of ships leaving the planet. Although anyone who cared or was paying attention to their sensor board could tell that The Explorer was headed towards the planet, with comms being jammed at the moment, that gave Jack and his droid Sport enough time to make a run for the planet, avoid any comm chatter about them (and hence extra bad guys chasing them), and stay out of range of the Republic Cruiser's lasers.

Although such a bold run with comms on would be crazy, at least with that cruiser jamming all comms, the plan was slightly less crazy.

As The Explorer reached the edge of the departing ships' wave, few pilots of the ships even gave him attention, instead---as Skyhunter could see through their cockpits as Jack passed them at such close range---hand gestures and mouth curse words. With everyone too focused on saving their own skin, it looked like Jack's plan was working. All he needed to do was get mixed in with the evacing ships and hence any ships following or tracing him and Sport would lose track hopefully, then all he would have to do was go planet-side and run along the mountain range, keeping low, until he reached the night side of the planet. He would also be able to pick up more information along his way through the mountain range his sensors had picked up.

"Sport," Jack commented as he dodged ships coming right at him, "Remind me to have a news letter sent to us the next time we're in the Unknown Regions. I hate coming back to civilization and seeing this happen and not knowing why it happened."

"The list of people who would rather send you a bounty hunter is larger then the list who wold inform you of galactic news." Sport commented.

"That's why I have you. Your supposed to protect me," Jack looked over at his droid with a grin.

"I'm not your mother," Sport replied as he took one last look at his sensor board about the asteroids they had left. Soon, those asteroids would be out of sensor range and Sport wondered whoever was there---what they were looking for and if they had found it.

Tag Ktala, Alkresh :)
  11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Marge's Rentals, Wayland

"There we go." Alexia grinned as the nav computer lit up. Now they wouldn't have any trouble navigating around Wayland. All status lights were green, though the screen was showing several red areas where traffic was being rerouted around ... her insides gave a guilty squirm. She had briefly forgotten that Master Adimus and Straven were still in the docking station fighting that tank, or whatever it was - whereas here they were, safe and sound and out of danger, complete with transportation.

She bit her lip and glanced up at Zaydin. "Should we go back?" Alexia asked quietly. "To help them, I mean ..." Even as she said it, she realised it wasn't a terribly good idea. They still had to protect Anna, and bringing her into a lightfight was not the definition of 'protection' in any way. But she still felt guilty; this felt like running away.

TAG: Sarge, Ktala
  12. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Marge's Rentals, Wayland

It was only while the speeder was starting up did Zaydin remember that the hood of his shortened cloak that Anna was wearing had been pushed down when they had entered the store. Gently, the Knight gripped the hood and pulled it back over Anna's head to hide her face once again. Now that they were heading back out in the open it would probably be best to make sure that Anna remained hidden. Not that a small, cloaked figure in his lap wouldn't be suspicious anyway but still.

"Should we go back?"

Zaydin knew what Alexia was talking about before he even looked up to meet her gaze. He felt guilty as well that they seemed to be abandoning Straven and Adimus in their fight with that Crawler but he refused to let emotions override thought. There was still Anna that they had to look out for who's existence was, hopefully, still in question to whoever was pursuing her, and it would kind of be a lame way to go if they just knowingly brought her back into danger.

Then why is the Crawler here? he questioned himself. Could it really be a random encounter or, if not, could it either be because of our presences or Anna's? He chucked the question as something to think about later before he answered Alexia.

"They'll be fine," Zaydin assured, forcing himself to speak in his usual calm voice, the words for Alexia as well as for himself. "They're both Jedi and it seemed as if they had worked together before. Besides, they went to go out and face it so that we can insure Anna's safety."

13. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Marge's Rentals, Wayland

Alexia sighed. "Yeah." Zaydin didn't like it any more than she did, evidently, but he was right. Straven and Adimus could handle themselves, and they were responsible for Anna. No help for it then. "Well, they'll comm us when they're safe, so ..."

Gently, she fed power into the repulsorlifts. The speeder rose above the others without a sound - good, its engine was fine. She bumped the throttle forward, cruising over the roofs of the other speeders in the hangars, towards the main entrance she had seen earlier - the speeder wouldn't fit through the back door, after all. They'd still have to open the gate, though - "Do you see the controls anywhere?" Alexia asked, scanning the area.

TAG: Sarge, Ktala

We can just hit the controls and leave, I think... yah, Ktala?
  14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland, Marge's Rentals

While Alexia started up the speeder, Zaydin glanced down at Anna to see if she would awake. She didn't, her eyes remaining closed while one hand held her necklace and the other held onto a small handful of the jacket that Zaydin wore. Remembering when they had first met the child in their shuttle, Zaydin figured that she was going to be out for a while, for the best he supposed as making use of her powers seemed to really drain her. All that he and Alexia had to worry about was to make sure that their ride to safety would meet the least amount of bumps as it could.

Speaking of where they were going...the Knight kept one arm around Anna while the other lifted up the package that Alexia handed him so that he could better see it. Cypher had said that the address was on the front, prompting Zaydin to flip it over. Yep there it was.

"Do you see the controls anywhere?"

Zaydin remembered seeing the controls that the other Knight was talking about, having noticed those during his failed search for keys to the speeders. Looking around for the controls, Zaydin handed the package back to Alexia so that she could see the address. "The address is right here."

Taking a look at where he remembered seeing such controls, Zaydin flicked a hand over near the gate where he had seen the controls, calling on the Force to do the simple job of flipping a switch and getting the gate open so they could leave.

OOC:
    Ya for finally leaving! :_|
  15. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Qenmas Pacto

The Jedi Knight needed transportation. That monstrous machine, probably the crawler, was still a ways away. He wouldn't get there on time on foot.

Maybe like a speeder or something.....

Qenmas looked around the square until he found it. An abandoned swoop, its former owner lying dead beside it.

That would work!

Qenmas ran over hopped on the swoop. It was an older version, but seemed to work. No canons on it, but that was to be expected from a civilian craft. The Knight throttled the machine, turning to zip past the troopers he came down with and go deeper into the city. Those troopers could handle themselves.... he didn't have to answer to them anyway.

His brown cloak whipped around him as he sped down the streets of Wayland

The rumbles and explosions grew more violent as he headed in closer. Not to mention the buildings started to look more like rubble than actual structures. Every now and then, there would be a smoldering pile of broken duracrete and shingles.

It was hard to keep track of everything as he was moving, but Qenmas tried, pushing his bubble out further to see what the force could tell him. Before him loomed a cloud of the darkside, strong and powerful.

That wasn't good.

He maneuvered his swoop around another corner, and faced a long straightaway towards the crawler.

The Knight paused, surveying the situation. He could see the big thing now. He could also see, some figures, up ahead. In a speeder. Fast approaching his position. This was a bad situation. Like a storm, mighty and powerful.

He thought about dialing out to Coruscant for reinforcements, but there wasn't any time at the moment.

The speeder was getting closer.

Who were those guys?

He couldn't see the occupants, but the force was telling him there was something about this craft.

Hmmm...

Qenmas revved his engines and drove towards the oncoming speeder. He kept his force signature muted. If they were Sith, he didn't want to give himself away.

He would have to investigate this first.... and quickly. In the dark mesh of the force surrounding the crawler, he could feel Adimus burning brightly. He would be needing help soon.

TAG: Wayland folks, especially Xan and Sarge
  16. Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Wirrip was trying to get some sleep after his last adventure. He had spent just over a week on the jungle planet of Kashyyyk, a place much like Endor if not slightly fiercer. Normally Wirrip wouldn?t spend longer than a week on a planet, but this last visit had been quite unusual. The tribe that had offered him a treehut to stay in, the Kachiro tribe, had been going through some odd times of their own. A few mysterious killings and a Wookiee ?madclaw? had caused quite a ruckus in the community. Long story short, the Wookiees weren?t used to having to investigate crimes like this, but Wirrip had managed to unravel the mystery and find the dishonorful perpetrator.

Wirrip always enjoyed these adventures, but he had to admit, he was completely worn out now. Luckily he was one of those people who could sleep in hyperspace travel and he used every chance he had to make use of that advantage. It seemed this voyage had only been short ? or at least it seemed so to him ? , as when the bump woke Wirrip up, he would wish for nothing more than an extra hour of sleep. Of course, his situation didn?t let him. It woke him up completely.

The first sign of consciousness that he showed was a condescending frown and a light, throaty tsk, tsk. ?What now? He said squeaky but, in the Ewok culture, quite manly voice.

Wirrip had taken it upon himself to explore all that he could, although sometimes it put him in near death spots.

The light shone triumphantly into the cargo hold, making Wirrip squint at first. He never truly liked space travel. He didn?t like being separated from nature or fresh air for so long. However, every time he landed somewhere, it made him feel great to be back on solid ground again. Still no one came in to the cargo hold even though it had just been opened. Perhaps it was automated, but the Ewok didn?t have enough knowledge of technology to understand that.

?Me ready for see where we are? He asked enthusiastically, maybe not handling Basic as well as he thinks he does.
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Wayland

Alexia glanced at the package and nodded. She entered the address into the nav computer; a route lit up, with squiggly lines circling the red areas. "Got it," she said.

Once the gate went up, Alexia accelerated out of the hangar. Outside was a mess: rubble everywhere, and ruined speeders, and some shapes on the ground that looked uncomfortably like people. Alexia swallowed and tried not to think about it. Jedi were protectors of the people; her mother had told her that, time and time again. That was their mandate. But that was what they were doing it wasn't really running away if they were protecting Anna ...

Something about the figure on an oncoming swoop made Alexia's nerves tingle. She focused on it - nothing, really, but there was something ... not something bad, but something. "Company," Alexia murmured to Zaydin, pointing. "There's something about the pilot..."

TAG: Sarge, Imp, Ktala
  18. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland

As Alexia drove them out of the store and through Wayland, Zaydin once again glanced down at Anna to make sure that she was still sleeping. The dark side was still around as Zaydin stretched out his senses, the destruction and loss of life still quite evident in the air. He was glad that the girl wasn't awake to see this; she had enough for now.

"Company."

Great, the Knight thought, immediately going to the worst scenario of who the individual could be in his mind. He regretted at having changed; his newly-bought jacket was far from the length that his robes possessed that he may've used to try and hide Anna further from view. It hid his lightsabber though, and Zaydin tucked one hand beneath his jacket, his finger coiling around the cylinder that was the hilt of his lightsaber.

He reached out with the Force towards the oncoming individual, trying to see what he could get that could tell him if the person was Jedi, Sith, Republic personnel, or just one of the locals. Yes, he could sense the person, but the Force signature...Zaydin looked harder.

"Could be nothing," Zaydin finally spoke, though his hand kept a tight grip on his lightsaber, ready to yank it from his belt and bring it into play if needed while he shifted his body around his seat, preparing to move Anna to the side so that he could move more easily if a fight did come out of this. "But there may be something."

TAG: DarthXan318, Imperial_Hammer, Ktala
  19. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would have it no other way, Kat.[face_peace]

Yaj Dok
    -Nin Drovis

The lights gave off an eerie feeling or, rather, further exaggerated the already dimming and depressing features of this new setting. The contrast between this place and the area he had just came from were so drastic that, he was sure, if he were not already flabbergasted by the two vertical juxtapositioned cylinders that he would be regurgitating on the floor from the sight.

Yaj took a step closer to the tubes and ran his hand along it. The writing was foreign to him, an explorer, which either meant that it was old or really new, like from some mysterious culture. Though he wasn't an expert in cultures and it was entirely possible that this was just something he had never seen before, Yaj Dok still had the feeling that he was onto something interesting here.

The cryo tube was the first thing he had noticed because of its low hum which reverberated throughout the compartment. Yaj took out his vibroshiv and decided that he would find out what was inside it the old fashioned way. Testing the object's weight, he was unsure if he would be able to get it back to the small opening from which he had came so he could take it back to his ship and transport it somewhere like a giant museum.

Shiv in hand, Yaj moved close to the cryo tube, trying to see what was inside and whether it was moving, because the readouts, the only thing he remotely understood, seemed to indicate that the cryo was still running which would mean that something was alive.

Tag: Ktala
  20. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5

Qenmas sped closer towards the oncoming speeder. Hmm. They were still coming on. Could he sense a tinge of alarm? Worry? Interesting.

They definitely had noticed him that's for sure.

But there was no evil around them. The darkness of the crawler did not extend out to these two, even in all its power.

Well, he'd at least check em. The fact that they were here, still so close to this very deadly machine, meant that they weren't just normal people. They were here for a reason. And if they were good guys, why were they fleeing the scene?

Qenmas killed the throttle and pulled the swoop perpendicular to the road, effectively creating a pretty decent road-block. He stood out in front of it, raised his hand, and ordered, through the force, its drivers to stop.

Halt! he shouted through the force.

His other hand drifted to his lightsaber if they didn't comply.

TAG: Xan and Sarge
  21. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland

Zaydin had been ready to unclip his lightsaber from his belt when the incoming speeder suddenly stopped, the driver purposely placing the vehicle in their path. The Knight had been ready to deposit Anna in his seat and distract the newcomer on his own so that Alexia could get herself and Anna to safety. If it was a Sith, Zaydin had to make sure that it didn't know about Anna.

Halt!

But it wasn't. The shout had confirmed that it was indeed a Force user and Zaydin's senses told him more. The strict authority and professionalism that the Knight could detect from the individual...he felt it before from a member of their team. It was...

"Qenmas," Zaydin identified aloud so that Alexia could hear as well, his hand removing itself from his lightsaber. "He must've heard or sensed about the Crawler."

The Knight could rest easier now but the appearance of the other Jedi meant that another may be about to learn of Anna's identity. The insistence of secrecy was still on his mind and Zaydin still had his usual caution around Jedi like Qenmas so he wasn't exactly as happy as he should be about meeting up with another of their team. But what were they to do? They couldn't exactly just drive past him.

Zaydin reached out to Qenmas with the Force, identifying himself as a friendly presence while he raised his arm out from the speeder to wave.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318, Ktala
  22. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Streets, Wayland

Out of the corner of her eye, Alexia saw Zaydin reach for his lightsaber. She forced herself to relax and keep driving; if things got ugly, they'd get ugly enough without her losing control of the vehicle -

Abruptly the speeder bike decelerated and swung about sharply, blocking the road. Alexia frowned and glanced down for the repulsor controls. Could they be boosted higher - no. Damn. When she looked up again, the rider had jumped off and was standing in front of the bike, one hand outstretched, utterly fearless though faced with an oncoming speeder whose pilot hadn't yet begun to decelerate.

And he had a good reason to be fearless. Halt! came the shout through the Force.
    The command bounced harmlessly off Alexia's mental shields, but there was something familiar about it. No evil, only a strict sense of purpose -

"Qenmas," Zaydin said, a split second before Alexia arrived at the same conclusion. She hit the brakes, and to her pleasant surprise the speeder slowed immediately, allowing her to cruise to a stop a metre or so away from the other Jedi Knight. This model had definitely been a good choice; well worth the electric shock it had given her when she first attempted to start it.

Zaydin waved. "It's us," Alexia called.

TAG: Sarge, Imp, Ktala
  23. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5

As the speeder came closer, everything changed at once. Suddenly the two figures became the two young padawans he'd seen at the temple before himself and Master Adimus took off for the mission.

The male called out his name and the female called out to him.

What were their names again?

Oh yah... the female was Rivers.... um.... Alexia right?

Yah.

As to the male, a quick and shallow skimming of the force said he was Zaydin Ven

Right. Those names sounded.... familiar.

Qenmas walked over to the speeder, his hands now away from his lightsaber.

He was confused. What... were they... doing?

Qenmas paused before speaking, figuring out what he wanted to say.

"Um... whats going on here?" he asked, "Where is Master Adimus?"

TAG: Xan and Sarge
  24. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland, Street

"Um... whats going on here? Where is Master Adimus?"

It was Qenmas. Zaydin inwardly grimaced at the confirmation, now being able to see and hear the other Jedi. No mistake about it.

"He and Knight Straven are still back at the docking station," Zaydin replied, speaking up first before Alexia. "A Crawler had appeared in the docking station and the two of them went to confront it while Alexia and I escaped with an extra passenger."

Anna was still in his lap and though Qenmas hadn't seem to have seen the little girl yet, it would've only been a matter of time before the Jedi did spot her. So Zaydin made no attempt to hide her and even nodded his head downwards towards the sleeping child.

"This girl was with us when the Crawler appeared and Master Adimus had told us to get her away from the danger while we also searched for a place to regroup."

Other then who Anna really was which Zaydin wanted to leave out, that was indeed the truth. He figured that would be enough for Qenmas and with the Crawler back at the docking station with Adimus and Straven, he also figured that Qenmas wouldn't be too inclined to let the time go by, by asking more questions.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer, DarthXan318
  25. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: **Falls down*** Here ya go!

Greyjedi125, Chanbill5390
    Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin, nearing Donovia

Jin Rei did notice that Vin Yadel was sitting in a comfortable chair, sipping her tea. She nodded when she saw him come in. "I take it your meeting is finished?" she asked softly, gesturing towards the pot of tea that sat on a heating pad. Jin Rei smiled and walked over to pour himself a cup of tea and answered the question as he did so. "Yes, our meeting is concluded...but I only seem to have more questions."

Vin nodded her head slightly. "That is usually the way of things. Some of those questions may never truly be answered, but it is the questions that drive us none the less."

Vin laid back in her chair, and took another sip, and ran her fingers through her hair. "So Jedi, several paths lay before us. Has a direction been chosen yet? Or shall we create our own path?" she asked with a wry grin.

Jin Rei returned the grin with equal intensity. "I'm all for creating our own path..." He said with some enthusiasm. "But it wouldn't be very Jedi-like to go off on a mission without first consulting Master Damkor." He paused, looking towards the front of the ship. "But still....creating our own path...it just feels right."

Vin Yadel nodded, as she set her cup down on the counter. "Then I take it, we only wait to decide which that that is to take, and what shall be done with the Padawan." Vin shook her head. "I do hope they find his Master, for he has far too many shadows around him, as it is... she said, her voice faltering for a moment, before she shook her head, and turned towards the pantry to replace her cup. She looked back at Jin Rei. When the Siren detoured us, I did not expect such ... complications.

"I will be meditating in the main area, until Master Damkor or you give me the next heading. There is ... something I must check." She smiled, and nodded. "The Delfin is well stocked. I suggest you enjoy it while you can." she said softly, and then turned, and walked out of the room, to head for her favorite area to meditate, leaving Jin Rei alone with his thoughts for the moment.

Meanwhile, Master Damkor was still in the front of the ship, after the viewscreen had gone dark. There was much he had found disturbing, even if he could not lay a finger on the direction. Their original mission was to Zoist, to check on some possible Sith artifacts. Several reports of others trying to recover fallen technology were indeed disturbing. But now there was also unrest on Wayland, and a few other planets nearby. And then there was the Padawan Tai-gen. At first, he had felt nothing from his Master, from when they had rescued him. But now, he had began to grow sullen, and had mentioned that he had felt a strangeness near his Master. What was worse, she was not responding to him.

The pair had been sent to check on rumors of possible Sith sympathizers, and general troublemakers. The fact that his Master dissapeared was trubling. But on the plus side, there WAS a contingent of Jedi on the troubled planet Wayland, along with a Republic capital ship.

Their one mission had turned into two. They still needed to head for Wayland, but they also needed to find a way to deal with the Padawan now in tow, either find the other Jedi nearby, or whatever else they deem necessary in order to protect him as well.

And Jin Rei had already mentioned the fact that he wished to continue on to Ziost. And the converstaion between Master Bril and Master Voren, only seemed highlight just how bizzare this mission had become.

Trala meanwhile sat near the doorway, her eyes fixed on the door that Tai-gen was behind, her head tilted slightly as her ears flexed forward.

Bravo & Alkresh
    Heading for Staging Area 6, Wayland, aboard The Explorer

Jack bit his lip as the comms reported Staging Area 6 was being evaced, but worst, was the fact that the military was leaving it's wounded. The Republic's move confused Skyhunter,
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.