1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. chanbill5390 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    IC: Damkor Kirido

Damkor got up from his seat and went toward the back where he knew Jin Rei was. "So what is your decision?" he said looking at his long time friend, his eyes were heavy with exhaustion, taking in all this information, processing it, trying to figure out what to do, in an area of space full of dark energies, it was starting to take it's toll. "I leave the fate of this journey to you my friend, I need rest. I trust in your judgement as it is wise and well calculated, but myself, I've grown too tired for this. I'll be in my quarters regaining my stamina." he said patting Jin Rei's shoulder, then going to his room and proptly going to bed.

As he slept bits and peices came to him, of far off worlds, a shadow stretching far across the stars, of various lights suddenly being snuffed out. Disturbing though these images were he knew they were not concrete enough to suggest immediate danger, indeed these events seemed far too remote. He tossed and turned as these images passed by eventually being replaced by a soothing light and the sound of a waterfall, a self-imposed setting for his dream so he could rest undisturbed.

TAG: Greyjedi, Ktala
  2. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight

Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin

Jin Rei had been musing what to do next after Vin had left him and as soon as he'd decided on his next course of action, Master Damkor appeared. Jin Rei immediately smiled, but then his expression turned to concerned after regarding Master Damkor, who seemed exhausted and worse for wear.

Jin Rei let Master Damkor speak and allowed the force to flow more keenly between them. Certain things could not be conveyed with mere words. After the tired Jedi Master had gone, Jin Rei was alone. He too was in need of meditation. To this end, Jin Rei went through his belongings and search for a moment. Then he found what he was looking for. A blindfold and a training remote.

Jin Rei activated the remote and set it to the practice program he selected then had it stand-by while he placed the blindfold over his eyes. After taking a deep breath, the Jedi Knight ignited his lightsaber, then spoke the pre-programmed activation words.

"Begin training exercise."

Jin Lightsaber hummed as did the remote hovering in the air, moving in slow arcs around him, looking for an opening to strike at the Jedi Knight. Jin Rei lowered his stance and opened up to the force. He'd found that training this way was also a way of meditation for him. He would experience an unequaled clarity and answers would often come to him at such times.

The remote suddenly fired a series of shots at Jin Rei, who blocked and parried easily, then swung his lightsaber to strike at the dodging remote. Thankfully, the remote was modified with a protective field should it be struck. Jin Rei focused to better 'feel' the remote's movements and anticipate when it would fire again. And so the training exercise continued, which was more of a meditation exercise for the Jedi Knight; and so it was that during one of the more complex vollies between Jedi Knight and remote, a name came to Jin Rei.

An answer.

WAYLAND.

That was it. There were more Jedi on Wayland. Meeting with them would be beneficial for all involved. Should they have sufficient clearance, those on Wayland could help with their missiom and vice versa. Perhaps together they could find the padawan's Master and even recover the Sith artifact. This was actually a very feasible scenario.

Jin Rei smiled as he sensed the remote begin to fire from a high position to his left then dip suddenly to fire a seried a shots from below waist level. Jin Rei tracked the movements he'd anticipated and blocked them all, then performed a backhand sweep that crossed the training remotes evading path and struck it. There was a shower of sparks upon impact and the remote bleeped in registration.

"End training session." Jin Rei ordered evenly as he switched off his lightsaber and removed the blindfold.

The training remote hovered silently in the air awaiting further orders, but Jin Rei had given it the command to return to its portable dock and power down.

So,they would go to Wayland.

With a nod of satisfaction, Jin Rei turn on his heel and headed towards the main area where he was sure to find Vin. He would inform her first of his decision, then after Master Damkor was finished with his much needed rest, he too would be informed.

Tag: Ktala, chanbill

3. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    IC: Qenmas Pacto

Qenmas noticed the little girl at Zaydin's mention, now asleep in the speeder. What the heck was so important about this one? Qenmas couldn't sense anything special about her, although that may be the dark side at work. He looked to her, then to the two Knights.

"Alright, do as Master Adimus says then, get out of here and keep the girl safe."

Qenmas wouldn't dare to think to cross the instructions of a Jedi Master. He moved towards his swoop and pulled it out of the way of the speeder, clearing the way for the other two Jedi.

"Be mindful of your surroundings," he said as he hopped on his swoop. "There is darkness all over this planet. If you run into Sith, you know what you must do. May the force be with you."

He kicked the accelerator and flew after the crawler, now on the move going away from his position.

TAG: Xan, Sarge, GM
  4. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Cho-Shai Adimus

Battle Crawler, Main Centre, Wayland

Damn it. This strange muddiness on the Force was making it difficult to judge the strength of particular maneuvers -- although it seemed his maneuver had its intended result: putting Straven, one of the better Makashi duellists in the Jedi Order, right above the hatch which led to the operator's cubicle.

If there was an operator... The thought whispered to him unbidden.
    No, not unbidden; there was no unbidden when it came to the Force, muddy or not.

And it made sense. Half these damned things could be controlled on remote, or even self-programmed; at the risk of a bad pun, an operator was quite optional to the use of a Battle Crawler. Cho-Shai hadn't had the luxury of reading this thing's serial number to see if it was a Mark Two or Mark Three, after all. Some of them even had operator's deadman switches for self-destruct if someone did penetrate the hull.

Which means it'll be a bit more complicated. There were conduits for the main power generator towards the back of this thing -- about a foot from the end of the dorsal side, if he remembered right -- but the anti-tamper devices which protected it were powered by a separate generator beneath about an inch of steel at the front of the tank. And if the anti-tamper device was damaged or destroyed, the reactor switched to a backup power supply which wasn't accessible unless you blew the hatch first.

He'd have to take out the anti-tamper circuit and the conduits at exactly the same time.

Or rather, Straven and himself both would.

Holding on for dear life, Cho-Shai scrambled across to Straven. "We'll have to take out the power generator," he shouted above the roar of the Battle Crawler's engine. "Anti-tamper device has to be shorted out at the same time or backup generator'll kick in. You take the power conduit -- black panel, a foot from the back of this thing -- I'll take the anti-tamper device. Go!"

Cho-Shai again called the Force, twisting up and over the Crawler and (hopefully) landing a foot or two from the panel which protected the anti-tamper circuit. He ignited the saber, not having enough time to look back and see if Straven was in place; he quested through the Force for the younger man's acknowledgment, and as he got towards the end of his time limit, pulsed a Go! through the Force to Straven...

TAG: Ktala, Chukles38
  5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Alexia Rivers
    Streets, Wayland

"May the Force be with you," Alexia echoed. She wondered where Qenmas had been and what he had been up to - she vaguely recalled Adimus saying they'd split up - but there was no time for that. Qenmas hopped back on his speeder, and Alexia opened the throttle again.

They sped off, following the nav computer's directions towards what would hopefully be a safehouse.

TAG: Sarge, Ktala
  6. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Street

"May the Force with you as well," Zaydin joined in to reply to Qenmas, hiding the relief that he felt once the other Jedi had decided to move on and Alexia resumed their trek. One other complication that they wouldn't have to worry about...least not now.

The Knight looked down at Anna, finding the girl to have all but melt to the floor when they had encountered Qenmas. She had drifted back to sleep in her usual stance of necklace clutching and thumb in her mouth. He didn't awaken her - not just because she was hidden better as she just needed sleep - but Zaydin had allowed his hand to slide down and gently grip Anna's shoulder to help keep her from falling over whenever Alexia had to make a turn with the speeder.

Glancing over at the nav computer, seeing that they were indeed getting closer to their destination, Zaydin then looked around at the surrounding area, seeing if he could spot Kelsa's residence as they drew closer to it.

TAG: Ktala, DarthXan318
  7. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shameless OOC Plug: I've written a story, Blood Ties, starring Calys and Alexia and detailing the events that led up to Calys' death and Alexia's knighthood. Be great if you guys could stop by and check it out ... :D

(And so this isn't just a shameless OOC plug:)

Streets, Wayland

"We're close," Alexia murmured. The nav computer now had a dot indicating their destination, rather than just a line extending off the edge of the screen.

She slowed down. A sidelong glance at Zaydin showed that he was looking around, trying to spot any threats, or Kelsa's house for that matter. Rather than take her eyes off the road to look at well, Alexia asked, "See anything?"

TAG: Sarge, Ktala

8. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland, Streets

"See anything?"

Zaydin felt the speeder slow, and taking a glance at the nav computer he confirmed that they had to be getting close. Taking a pause in looking out for threats, Zaydin focused on trying to find their designated safe haven. It was nearby...

He glanced down at the nav computer, saw that dot that was being shown draw closer and closer to their designated position, and looked back up. Kelsa's residence should be...

"Stop here," Zaydin spoke once the nav computer signaled that they arrived. He looked again. Where?

9. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Straven Fermare
    Wayland and whatnot

Straven felt Cho-Shaii aid him, and the Jedi Knight was extremely surprised when he went flying OVER the tank. He was only barely able to keep himself from falling off, grabbing a hold of whatever he could and swinging himself back onto the top. As he landed, he looked over at the Jedi Master. He looked slightly perturbed by this awkwardness within the Force, and Straven could understand why. It made no sense, and the Knight hoped it would just end.

He didn't have much more time for thought as the Master gave him some instructions. "We'll have to take out the power generator," he shouted above the roar of the Battle Crawler's engine. "Anti-tamper device has to be shorted out at the same time or backup generator'll kick in. You take the power conduit -- black panel, a foot from the back of this thing -- I'll take the anti-tamper device. Go!"

Straven didn't argue. He moved quickly, doing as his friend and superior instructed. It didn't take him long to find the right panel and get in position. Straven couldn't see the master very well, but the pulse sent through the Force--even muddled as it was--was unmistakable. The Knight drove his saber through his target as Cho-Shaii did the same.

TAG: The usual
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Greyjedi125, Chanbill5390
    Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin, nearing Donovia

As Vin Yadel and Jin Rei sat speaking to one another, Master Damkor Kirido came into the room. Vin gave the Jedi a sharp look, and quickly gave a nod. The man LOOKED tired. Like he was in a constant battle with something. Was he possible sensing something they were not? His look worried her. Jin Rei seemed to have sensed something as well, as Jin Rei had immediately smiled, but then his expression turned to concerned after regarding Master Damkor. So, he noticed it as well.

"So what is your decision?" Master Damkor said looking at his long time friend, his eyes were heavy with exhaustion, taking in all this information, processing it, trying to figure out what to do, in an area of space full of dark energies, it was starting to take it's toll. "I leave the fate of this journey to you my friend, I need rest. I trust in your judgement as it is wise and well calculated, but myself, I've grown too tired for this. I'll be in my quarters regaining my stamina." he said patting Jin Rei's shoulder, then going to his room and proptly going to bed.

Vin Yadel looked towards Jin Rei, and then without a word, turned and left the galley area. She headed for the control room. As she walked, Trala joined her at her side. "There is something....: she murmored to Trala, as she sat down at her ships controls. She turned towards a side panel, and begain to work on some of the controls for the ship, Trala giving small 'woof' sounds.

Meanwhile, Jin Rei went through his belongings and search for a moment. Then he found what he was looking for. A blindfold and a training remote. Jin Rei activated the remote and set it to the practice program he selected then had it stand-by while he placed the blindfold over his eyes. It was his own way of meditation. He would experience an unequaled clarity and answers would often come to him at such times.

The remote suddenly fired a series of shots at Jin Rei, who blocked and parried easily, then swung his lightsaber to strike at the dodging remote. The exercise relaxed his mind, allowing for other ideas to flow. During one of the more complex volleys between Jedi Knight and remote, a name came to Jin Rei. An answer.

WAYLAND.

That was it. There were more Jedi on Wayland. Meeting with them would be beneficial for all involved. Should they have sufficient clearance, those on Wayland could help with their missiom and vice versa. He felt sure of it. Jin Rei smiled as he sensed the remote begin to fire from a high position to his left then dip suddenly to fire a seried a shots from below waist level. Jin Rei tracked the movements he'd anticipated and blocked them all, then performed a backhand sweep that crossed the training remotes evading path and struck it. There was a shower of sparks upon impact and the remote bleeped in registration.

"End training session." Jin Rei ordered. It returned to its portable dock and power down. So,they would go to Wayland. With a nod of satisfaction, Jin Rei turn on his heel and headed towards the main area where he was sure to find Vin. He would inform her first of his decision, then after Master Damkor was finished with his much needed rest, he too would be informed.

Trala looked at a meter, and barked softly. Vin looked down, and her frown deepened. She reached down, and tapped the meter with a slender finger. No reaction. With a soft growl, she tumped it again, a bit harder, and the entire panel fell from its holder. The wires had been disconnected. No. They had been sliced.

"Run level 5 diagnostic pattern beta." Vin ordered the computer as she looked at the panel in her hands. This panel was for monitoring the more subtle strands of the Force, and its effects on the ship. Their earlier trip would not have caused this..neither would the Siren. Fingers tapped the desk in front of her, as Trala sat next to her, sniffing it, and then looking up at her.

"I know.." Vin answered softly, as she laid the piece down on the desk
  11. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Kelsa's House, Wayland

Alexia didn't see the house at first. The street they were on was lined by a collection of prefab dwellings and buildings that were more functional than anything else, with no distinguishing marks whatsoever - but then they drew closer, and Alexia caught sight of a small, incongruously homely residence nestled between two blocky structures. The difference was startling; it even had a tiny garden in front of it. The smell of fresh bread wafted out.

"That must be it." Alexia cruised to a halt in front of it, then reconsidered and parked in front of one of Kelsa's neighbours instead. She set the engine to standby - one of the drawbacks to hotwiring speeders was that turning them off was a problem - and glanced down at Anna. Wonder of wonders, the girl was sleeping. "Can you carry her?" she murmured, nodding at Anna. "I'll get the package -"

She suited action to words, leaning back and reaching for Cypher's bundle from the back seat. And then she paused and thought it over a bit more: they were dressed like civilians, with a kid in tow, descending upon Kelsa with nothing more than a blanket as proof of their identity. If she were Kelsa, she wouldn't believe them either.

Can't be helped, I suppose. With an internal shrug, Alexia grabbed the bundle and her pack and got out of the speeder. Then, taking care not to damage the tiny garden, Alexia walked up to the front door and knocked.

TAG: Ktala, Sarge
  12. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wayland, Kelsa's Home

There it was.

He may've actually missed it had Alexia not stopped and instead drove on; the house was nearly hidden from view. And by house...it really was a house. Or at least the kind of house that someone would've been happy to have. Small, flowers hanging from the windowsill, a well cared for yard. If Zaydin ever thought of retiring from the Order, to settle down somewhere, he would like a residence such as this to retire to. That was if he lived that long of course.

"Can you carry her?"

"I can," Zaydin confirmed before stepping out of the speeder. He turned back for Anna, carefully leaning back over and making sure that her hood was still up before he brought an arm around her back, the other beneath her knees, and then gently lifting her out of the speeder and cradling her in his arms. Once Alexia had gotten the package, the other Knight followed after her.

He actually took another look around, wanting another look at Kelsa's residence and a small smile tugged at his lips. This was a nice place, a good refreshment to see after escaping from the Crawler. The thought of the machine killed the smile and Zaydin hoped they wouldn't need to stay here for long. It would be a tragedy in it's own right if such a peaceful place was to be ruined by something they would inadvertently bring with them.

Zaydin stayed a step away behind Alexia, going to let her do the talking while he held onto Anna and waited patiently for the door to be opened. Hopefully Kelsa was indeed home, the signs clearly pointed to someone living here.

13. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: Woohoo! Update!

Cho-Shai Adimus

On top of a Battle Crawler,
    Docking Station One, Wayland

Well, this just gets better and better... a dry voice said in the back of Cho-Shai's mind as he scrambled over to the hatch and peered in. The muddiness of the Force had already granted the humanoid operator's escape route; for the briefest second the Warrior Master thought about pursuit--

--"He won't get far," snapped Calys, climbing to her feet, rapier slipping back into its sheath with a grainy hiss.
    Cho-Shai wiped blood away from the wound on the richly-dressed body lying before him, drawing the Force to himself, reaching for the medpac at his belt. "The Count's bleeding badly, Calys."
    "How badly?"
    There was something in Calys's voice that compelled Cho-Shai to look up at her, even with the linchpin of peace in this sector lying there dying before his eyes. That same something was in her eyes, and he looked back down at Count Soraan Dooku of Serenno, focusing back on the terrible wounds. His hands were working independently of his eyes, unpacking the bandaging, as his mind sought and communed with the midichlorians inside all living beings ... specifically, the ones within the dying Count.
    "...I can stabilise him with the Force until a medical team gets here."
    "Then you won't need me here," said Calys, turning and starting towards the door where the dark Jedi had fled only moments before.
    "Calys--"
    "You can keep him alive, and I'm the better blade of us," she said, not looking back, boots clicking on the ground, voice echoing in the arching stone of Castellar Dooku's great hall. "It's just as important to catch that
    barve as it is to keep Dooku alive."
    "Calys."
    Wonder of wonders, she did turn to him, and--for a second--he felt the flicker in her sense which betrayed apprehension. He swallowed, trying to radiate reassurance. What did he plan to say, anyway? The fact was, there wasn't a choice.
    "The Force will be with you," he finally said, and tried to smile.
    She turned, and the shadows claimed her.

--Cho-Shai shook the memory away, as well as the desire to pursue, turning back to the Crawler's interior.
    Well.
    No question now this was a Mark III crawler; they were the ones fitted with deadman's switches which connected to self-destruct circuitry. At least this one had a timer on it. Now, how long...

Long wasn't the word for it, perhaps, if the display was right.

Cho-Shai spared himself time for a deep breath. He called back loudly over his shoulder, hoping that Straven hadn't been harmed in that spray of sparks the Warrior Master had seen out of the corner of his eye. "Do you know anything about interrupting circuitry timers? Because if you don't, you'd better get down and clear the civilians back as far as you can. I think we've only got thirty seconds before this thing blows."

TAG: Chukles38, Imperial_Hammer, Ktala
  14. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yaj Dok
    -Nin Drovis

Jackpot. What more could a scavenger ask for than a cryotube, an active one, with a person inside it? This would get him some thousands of credits once he got the tube out of here. The alloy was light, or light in this gravity, and he was strong enough to lift it up and out of its current position. As he began to move it, he got a better look at the human female that was in it.

The mask was weird, Yaj had never seen anything like it before, but that was becoming a trend with this artifact. Yaj proceeded to pull the tube back the way he came and onto the landing pad where he had landed his ship. Yaj relaxed against the tube before he attempted hauling it to his ship. Pulling out his food, the hunter settled back and began to eat his lunch. When he was done, Yaj proceeded to the ship and went to sleep.

Tag: Ktala
  15. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Straven Fermare
    Wayland

A shower of sparks exploded in Straven's face and the Jedi almost fell. He kept his grip though and pulled himself to the top, only to have his grip knocked loose again as the walker tried to shake him. Still, amazingly, he pulled himself up top in time to see the hatch fly open and a figure dart out. He was about to pursue, but decided against it and instead moved over to look into the walker as Cho-Shai was now doing.

The Master spoke then. "Do you know anything about interrupting circuitry timers? Because if you don't, you'd better get down and clear the civilians back as far as you can. I think we've only got thirty seconds before this thing blows."

Straven merely shook his head and replied. "My friend, I can handle a blade with the best of them, but when it comes to technology and piloting, I'm helpless. I'll take the second option." With that, Straven jumped down into the streets. Any of the few citizens around were looking fearfully at Straven. The Jedi Knight waved his arms, gesturing away from the tank.

"Move! It's going to explode!" It seemed most of the citizens were scrambling now, but one man in a nearby alley with a..... recorder?.... was still standing there. Straven sprinted towards him, shouting as he went. "You there! Get Clear!" He was close now, and the timer that started inside his head when Cho-Shai said how long they had left was ticking down fast. As he neared the man, he moved to shove him out of the way. "Get down!" He awaited the explosion that he felt was coming any second now.

TAG: The Usual and such
  16. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Cho-Shai Adimus

On top of a Battle Crawler, Docking Station One
    Wayland

Cho-Shai didn't bother to acknowledge Straven's departure with a nod; his mind was now focused on the steady countdown of the timer. In approximately 25 seconds he would no longer be in this world.
    All right, he said to himself, putting the fear aside. It wasn't the first time he'd faced death, and one day he would have to anyway. It wasn't as if he could make things any worse, after all...

He spent six precious seconds studying the mechanism, letting the sensory enhancement techniques of the Jedi Order seep through his consciousness, taking in the flashing lights, the markings on the panels, even the rate of the photons moving across the timer's screen. Additionally, he also reached to the Force, letting its flow reach into his long-term memory, calling to mind all the briefings, discussions, or offhand references he could recall of the Mark III crawler's design.

There were three or four options, he realised: shut out the power source, interrupt it, send the timer into an infinite loop, or just break the mechanism entirely. And whilst the memory enhancement techniques did tell him the proper way, roughly, to perform these things, they didn't provide much insight into which one was the correct approach.

The future is filled with approaches, the old teaching came back to him suddenly. But until one walks the road, none of those approaches exist.

There was another way, he realised.

Cho-Shai reached to the Force again, letting its liquid flow enter him as he entered it. This time, though, it was not recall he sought -- but prescience, seeing things before they happened, an application of that "what-will-happen-in-the-next-ten-seconds" that was the core of most Jedi talents. A ripple of familiarity came over him; he hadn't reached to this particular aspect of the Force for decades, abandoning the pursuit shortly after Calys--

Well, this time, he concentrated, fiercely, on the outcomes of each of his four available approaches -- four possible futures. Cho-Shai looked into the Force to see which was the correct approach. The correct approach, of course, being one in which he succeeded and survived.

TAG: Chukles38, Imperial_Hammer, Ktala
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    PART TWO

**Character Change**

Hero_Of_The_Force
    Jedi Enclave, Er'kit

Kaim Shepard was lucky. Not only had he known his parents, he had also known of his brother. They kept tabs on him from time to time. It used to be constantly when he was younger, but it dwindled as he grew older. But they still kept up with him. And when the Jedi had found him, and allowed him to go with them, even though her was a bit older than mosts, his family was thrilled.

But now, after the horrible battles between the Order, the republic and the Sith, contact had been non-existant. Even though he did not have a Master, the Jedi Knights let him stay in order to help out. A few weeks back, was the last time he had seen any Masters come his way. They realized that with the war, Masters would be few and hard to come by, especially as spread out as they were. So instead the boy continued his studies, as he worked on various pieces of equipment that kept the old center running. But even though they tried to shield him, he heard bits and pieces of what was going on within the galaxy. Jedi dissapearing. What happened to the Sith homeworlds. It was rather hard not to hear of it.

Kaim was busy one evening, working on an postively antique piece of air reciculator, when when a young Knight known as Javin came over to him. "Pack your things, Kaim. The Jedi enclave on Coruscant has informed us that we need to leave here. We are ALL going. Meet us over at the ships launch pad. We're being ordered back to Alderaan". Javin smiled, and gave a nod. "I hear its a nice place. Lots of trees. Better hurry up now." With that, Javin turned and walked back to where the others were packing up, his smile fading quickly. No need to worry Kaim. Not yet anyway. Right now, they needed to leave the planet quickly. Then, they could deal with other issues.

Character
    Name: Kaim Shepard
    Race Human
    Sex: Male
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Area of Expertise: Kaim has a very good memory, and loves to tinker.
    BRIEF Description and Info:
    Two farming lover's, always working together like a true couple made that decision once again. Already having a man as their child, the mother would give birth to one who carried a special talent. Of course, no one knew his mind had been tapped into the force. The only problem that was visible was his eyesight; He was born with very bad eye sight.

The human stood at about 5 ft with a small smile, counting the blessings made for him. With soft hair of dirty blonde, it'd caress his temples in the wind. Eyes of faded blue would hold a deep story behind them. Birthed with severely poor vision, his brother was kind enough to send his own tuition for med school to raise enough money for his operation, in which it became a success. Fair skin he had, with a bit of tan, it was smooth and not rough. Body of average, made him agile and strong.

Finally growing to be the age of 13 he continued through his lessons, grasping new understandings of the force, and learning to use a saber. He may not be the best, but he will try everything, and his confidence and determination got him through hard times. It was especially frightening when a few Jedi came to take some apprentices. Unfortunately, he was not chosen, but reminded by his teachers that he shouldn?t doubt himself.

NPC
    Warrip
    Someplace, Nice?

Wirrip looked out at the lush forrest in front of him. He then looked over at the small town nearby. It was the smell of food that made his decision for him. With a small kick at the cargo doors, he walked away from the ship, heading towards the small town. It was rather quiet for a town, he thought. But then again, maybe these folks got up later in the day. After all, his people were early risers. It wasnt until he got close to the edge, that he noticed the reason that he didnt see anyone nearby.

There was a huge crater in the middle of the village. And there was a very strange looking set of track
  18. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Cho-Shai Adimus

On top of the crawler, Docking Station One,
    Wayland

Great Ancients of Tython--but as the Warrior Master turned his awareness back to the present, the same dry voice that had advised him as to the possibilities was now telling him there really was no other option.

If the muddiness of the Force and the short-term-vision he'd had was any indication, there were very strong odds that his ability to use the Force -- along with possibly every other Jedi in the vicinity -- was going to be significantly affected if he was successful, but that was not the issue: every other path he could see led to the death of hundreds of innocent people. Still, was that not worth him retaining the Force, being able to save thousands of others...?

No. No children die today. If the will of the Force required of him his very connection to it, so be it; before they'd known the Force, the Jedi had existed, and even without the Force, he was still a Jedi. That thought was selfishness, and greed; the Dark Side, beckoning. As it did with all Jedi, he supposed.

But it would be useful, he thought to nobody in particular as he reached for the Force once more, if I could be successful in perhaps my last use of the Force...

Cho-Shai felt the seconds spread out as he applied both his speed and his memory enhancement to direct his fingers and hands. Deep in the Force, he wasn't even surprised when the panel came away simply and easily to his hands, and when he found the right conduit of cables, and the speed and strength his fingers had as he bent and tied and tore some of those connections was simply part of the way things should be. The last seconds ticked down, and with a final twist of his fingers, the Jedi Master was vaulting up and out of the crawler's cockpit, as the timer went into its infinite loop and the numbers on the screen cycled to zero ... and began to cycle down again.

Well, he thought, drawing on the Force to carry himself in a balanced somersault aimed at him landing nearby Straven. Let's see what happens n--

TAG: Ktala, Chukles38, Imperial_Hammer

OOC: Mean. Meeeeaaaaannn!!!!!! :D :D :D
  19. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_laugh] / :oops:

Kelsa's House, Wayland

The door opened, revealing a short older woman with her hair pulled back out of her face. Alexia opened her mouth to explain, but before she could, Kelsa - or the woman who was probably Kelsa - ushered them in without any further ado. Very trusting; that was rare. Mildly perplexed, Alexia stepped inside.

Kelsa's house was as warm and homey as her garden indicated. Alexia glanced around with interest, taking in the miscellaneous knicknacks that lay around, the slightly mismatched furniture - she had much more stuff than Jedi tended to collect, though it was organised too neatly to be considered clutter - and, thanks to her Intelligence training, possible quick exits and hiding places for listening devices. Not many on the former and too many of the latter, Alexia noted, but that couldn't be helped ...

"Come in, sit down," Kelsa said briskly, leading them over to a pillow-laden couch, "and tell me why you are out there, with such a young child in tow? Shouldn't your family be in hiding?"

"Er - we're -" Alexia glanced sideways at Zaydin, suddenly seeing their situation in an entirely different light. She had completely forgotten about Straven's suggestion that they disguise themselves as a young couple with a child. It had seemed infeasible then, with everyone in Jedi robes and everything - but of course right now she and Zaydin were dressed as civilians, and Kelsa would immediately assume the cloaked form cradled in Zaydin's arms was a child.

Alexia wasn't entirely sure what to make of that.

Explanations first. "We're friends of Cypher's actually," Alexia said, extending the wrapped package. "He asked us to return this to you, with his thanks. And, er ... as for hiding, that's the other reason we came here." To ask her a giant favour: to help the Jedi again.

TAG: Ktala, Sarge
  20. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    OOC: Incidentally, folks, in the midst of my research-reading back through the pages of this thread, it's perhaps meet to point out that this RPG commenced on 24 August 2007.

That's right. We've been doing this for a good sixteen months now. Time flies when you're having fun, huh? :)
  21. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    :cool:

Wayland, Kelsa's House

"Oh, for heavens sake, Come in, come in, before those nasty things outside find us."

Uh...

The easily-gained entrance into her house perplexed Zaydin as it no doubt had to have had to Alexia. Without having said a word, without doing anything except stand there really, they had been ushered into the house a minute after the door had just been opened. Alexia stepped into the house but Zaydin couldn't help but remain unmoving an extra second, blinking, before he finally followed her in.

The house seemed as pleasant on the inside as it was on the outside. The scent of bread was caught by his nose and Zaydin remembered that Kelsa had mentioned that she was taking some bread out before she had allowed them in. Despite the home having been relatively small, there were a lot of items scattered around within which seemed unusual to Zaydin mostly because of how his own quarters - and that of his fellow Jedi's - at the Temple could almost be considered as spartan; containing the basic necessities and very few personal items. The furniture, such as the couch that seemed to have it's own layer of pillows, was another thing that just seemed off to the Knight.

Nor did Zaydin know of any Jedi that kept a droid in their quarters. Especially one so old that the Knight couldn't even recognize the model.

"Er - we're -"

Zaydin glanced over at Alexia just as his fellow Knight did the same, and something in that glance made Zaydin uneasy for some unknown reason. Suddenly feeling the need to look away from Alexia, he went over to the couch that Kelsa was leading them over to and gently deposited Anna down upon it while Alexia started explaining for the purpose of their visit.

"He asked us to return this to you, with his thanks. And, er ... as for hiding, that's the other reason we came here."

Zaydin allowed himself to take another glance towards Alexia, looking over his shoulder as she started to get to the second reason to why they were here. Seeming to focus on Anna, Zaydin pretended to just make sure that the girl was comfortable atop of her pillow-filled couch while keeping his attention focused on the ongoing conversation between Kelsa and Alexia to see what the older woman's reaction would be once she was told of the other reason as to why they were here.

22. Chukles38 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Or when you're waiting for updates. :p

Speaking of which, I probably won't post again until Ktala says what happened with the tank, just so ya know.
  23. Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    OOC: I decided to still use Wirrip, but still will play Kaim.

IC: Kaim Shepard
    ~Jedi Enclave, Er'kit

The thirteen year old got to his got to his feet and swiftly turned to go pack. Kaim walked with his head high looking at the younger students of the Enclave being herded by a Jedi. He turned a corner and walked passed door leading into rooms. Kaim had lucked out many times in his life, knowing his family and not being kicked out of the order. Room assignment was lucky for him also; because he was one of the oldest Padawans he got a small room to himself. Many other Padawans had a large room and had to share with two other kids. Kaim didn?t mind his quarters, but he also felt nothing about leaving the Enclave. The teenager had gone from place to place all his life, the only difference was that he was that this was urgent.

Quickening his pace Kaim packing swiftly, taking things he needed and his own personal effects. Surprisingly it all fit into a handy pack that he got from his family before he went off to fulfill his dream of becoming a Jedi. Kaim looked around the room and made sure he wasn?t leaving anything behind. A mental checklist told him he had everything. Kaim fastened his Lightsaber onto his utility belt as he walked to ship launching pad. He went to see if his friend, Koln, was packed in the left win. When he knocked on the door, Kaim looked down to see the door was locked. There were orders to lock all the doors before everyone departed, Kaim was one of the very few to realize why. If anyone came looking they would have to break the doors down to find anything. Kaim then jogged to the back exit. After typing in a code the computer said he was granted access. Kaim walked through the doors as they opened, finally seeing the sun as he walked over to the launch pad. Many Jedi Knights were there to watch over everything. Kaim blocked out the sound of talking Padawans to hear two Knights chatting about some of the Jedi disappearances, and that Er'kit might be next. Kaim now grasped what was happening, the Jedi were one not to take chances especially in dire times.

IC: Wirrip Squak
    ~Someplace, Nice?

Wirrip walked through the forest looked down to the ground then back up. He wondered what made the tracks. The curious Ewok never saw tracks like these before. He often thought about turning back, but didn?t. He remained silent as he walked toward a tree that had snapped limbs and claw marks. He touched them as he shifted his pack to the other side of his shoulder. Wirrip put his spear to the ground and touched the claw marks as he thought of any stories that matches the description of these claw marks. The Ewok couldn?t recall anything, so he carried on picking up the spear he often used as a walking stick.

For a while he didn?t see anything but the tracks on the ground. The Ewok saw something in the trees and looked at it. Whatever it was, it flew away. The thing that left the marks could not have been what was in the trees. The tracks still went further, and the beast had to be bigger than the animal in the trees. Shrugging it off, Wirrip carried on as he saw more and more light appear as he came upon an opening in the trees.

Tag: Ktala/>/>
  24. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Sorry for the late reply. [face_blush] I've been having my internet times switched around on me this last week.

IC: Jack Skyhunter
    Heading towards Staging Area Six abaord The Explorer

"At least the mountain rangers don't try to kill you," Jack mumbled to Sport as he adjusted his sensors to terrian following mapping as The Explorer dipped as low as Jack dared to the ground to avoid any further detection. "Those pilots were crazy, running in each other and such."

"Something to do with what's going on?" Sport offered.

"Yeah, something like th---" Jack's voice froze.

"Like what?" Sport asked causally as he was busy with his own duties.

"We have company," Jack announced as he glanced between the cockpit and the sensors.

"What do you mean?" Sport asked as he checked the sensors. "There's nothing there."

"Well something was there!" Jack barked. He glanced around at the surrounding mountains they were gliding through, "Sith bones! And these mountains provide perfect coverage for a sneak attack. How far are we from that staging area?"

"Another thirty minutes," Sport reported, preparing to arm the weapons and shields, but Jack stopped him.

"No, don't. I don't want our would-be predator to know we know he or she is out there. Fly like you normally do. Keep an eye out. I'm gonna go sit in the top turret, you control the bottom one with auto from here. I want to know what we have and who they are."

"Bait them in, I see."

Jack nodded. "Yeap, and once we have them in close to us, turn this baby from a lonely shuttle into a lights show of blaster and laser fire."

Jack got up and climed up into the top turret and once he was strapped, did a comms check with Sport.

"Okay," Jack muttered to himself as he scanned the skies for the sensor blimp as the sides of the mountain range shot past, "Where are you?"

Tag Ktala :)

EDIT: Grammer. [face_blush] :p
  25. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight

Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin

Jin Rei entered the room where Vin Yadel was located and approached. He noticed her tinkering with a control panel and wondered if he was about to disturb here from some important business. The Jedi Knight decided to announce himself by clearing his throat, as to not to cause any undue surprises.

"*Ahem* Greetings Vin..." Jin Rei said with a small smile." ...and you too, Trala."

Jin gave Trala a full smile and a wink, then turned back to Vin.

"Sorry If I'm interrupting. I just wanted to tell you that I've come to a decision regarding our destination. Since Master Damkor is leaving the final decision to me, I concluded that it would be best if we head to Wayland. Actually, this is what I believe the Force has revealed to me while meditating. The opportunities presented to us while in Wayland will best sreve all parties."

Jin Rei looked over his shoulder and back toward the room where the troubled padawan was...'resting'.

"I believe with the help from the other Jedi, we can mount a suitable investigation into the whereabouts of Tai-gen's lost Master, and hopefully, there'll be someone who could do something for him..." Jin Rei tried to keep the sound of confidence in his voice at the end of that particular sentence.

"I also believe that with a more concerted effort, we may be able to engage and even succeed with our other objectives."

Jin Rei did not mention the mission pertaining to the Sith Artifact aloud, but it was tacitly understood that 'it' was a very important mission, and quite probably at the top of his list.

There was a moment of contemplative silence before a second cursory glance at the dismounted controls panels prompted Jin Rei to verbalize his mental query.

"Is everything, Ok?"

Tag: Ktala
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.