main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight
    Aboard Vin Yadel's ship, The Delfin, passing Donovia, heading towards Wayland

"Jin Rei. Oh my..."

The Jedi Knight heard Master Damkor's voice and fought the urge to suddenly turn around and greet the older Jedi. Jin Rei felt a great deal of relief pass through him as Master Damkor's presence buoyed his confidence.

By the sound of the Jedi Master's voice, it did seem that he had caught wind of Tai-gen, or what passed for the padawan.

"Tai-gen..." Jin Rei heard the Jedi Master call out the padawan's name, albeit weakly.

//Tell me what we need to do Jin Rei.//

The Jedi knight felt the Jedi Master's unspoken mental communication, even as the older Jedi came to stand silently next to him.

//It seems Tai-gen has been possessed Master Damkor. By what or who I am unable to determine. What is certain, is that it's been trying to sabotage the Delfin.//

Jin Rei spoke these words in his own mind, certain that Master Damkor would hear them. Jin Rei also noticed Tralla's soft glow, but before he could ask her about it, Tai-gen grabbed his own head and screamed!

"Leave him alone!"

"He's MINE...."

"Back off you WITCH!"

Something horrible was going on with the padawan. Strange and foreign voices erupted vehemently from Tai-gen's mouth. What Jin Rei felt in the force was chilling.

Then Tai-gen suddenly fell backwards.

"STOP IT!" the last voice definitely sounded like Tai-gen as he rolled on the floor, holding his head. The loose cables that had been broken earlier suddenly seemed to move out, as if they were alive. Two shot forwards towards Damkor and Jin Rei, as a third started to wrap around Tai-gen's form.
    Tralla suddenly shot forward, grabbing a cable that was about to wrap itself around the Padawan's neck, as she began to intensify her glow around her.

"Don't cut the cables!" Jin Rei shouted as he ducked the cable's first swipe. This was the ships engineering section, and everything in here was crucial. Tai-gen had done enough damage already and there was no need to do more, if it could be helped.

Jin Rei's mind was working frantically as everything was happening. He took of his robes and threw it at the cables in hope of tangling it and delaying it for just a moment. Cutting it with his lightsaber was out of the question. The Jedi Knight simply acted and said not a word. With his right hand, he threw away his lightsaber as far away from himself as possible, and with his left, he force pulled Master Damkor's meditation crystal into his hand, and hoped it wasn't secured on the Jedi Master. As he did these things, he directed his words towards the thing occupying Tai-gen's body.

"Yeah, Leave him alone you cowardly thing! You want a challenge!?, then take me instead!! I'm not as easy as the padawan! C'mon! I dare you! I Dare YOU!!"

Jin Rei hoped to the Force he was doing the right thing. If he could muster enough will power to contain whatever it was that was inside Tai-gen, perhaps Vin Yadel could get them all to safety before they became floating space debris. He was also hoping Master Damkor could restrain him should he be overwhelmed, or at worse, kill him, instead of the padawan. Whatever it was, it seemed to need a host body to interact with the material world.

There were no second chances here. Jin Rei needed to be right on this one, or else...

Tag: Ktala, chanbill

2. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Aaaannnnnnnnnd once again, I am back from yet another unannounced absence. I plan to be back for good, and it is good to be back. So, if you will excuse me once again, it is a pleasure to be RP'ing with you lot again. :)

IC: Straven Fermare
    Wayland

Straven was near to the others, still on his hands and knees. He was shaking slightly as he tried to cope with everything that had and was still happening. The walker was destroyed and the man was safe, though those hardly pressed on Straven's mind. The remnants of the vision swam through his mind, but even that could not distract him from the horrible sense of loss he was feeling.

He could not tell if he could even still feel the Force as he once had. Certainly, he seemed to detect a slight hum off in the distance, but the young Jedi Knight no longer could perceive its desire and hear its call. It felt as though he had been removed from it, and it scared him. He'd fought fierce enemies and harsh conditions, but none of the fear he'd felt before compared to this instant.

His mind drifted back to when he first recalled feeling the Force. He was young, and details were beyond his capability to recollect, but he could not forget the feeling of being connected, of touching the Force. Even then Straven had been closer to the Force than he was now. Was this how it felt to not be force sensitive? To hear it, feel it, but only as a background noise? Did others simply tune out the dim and distant feeling over time and soon forget it existed? Or was Straven wrong?

All he knew for sure is that he was tired and confused. Having felt his limbs starting to give, Straven flopped over onto his back, rather gracelessly. He took in a deep breath, coughed for a moment, and then tried to take stock of the situation.

He knew that Cho-Shai and another stood speaking nearby, though not because he could feel them in the Force. On the contrary, he felt nothing, but he had seen them as he turned to lie on his back. Likewise, he had seen the old man lying unconscious. As he thought about it, he had heard his commlink go off a time or two, though honestly could not remember what had been said. He could only assume that meant Zaydin and Alexia were away and well. He also noticed his lightsaber lying on the ground nearby, but he did not feel like moving to retrieve it. He was suddenly aware of several scrapes and bruises he had sustained and the pain was, if not crippling, then aggrivating to say the least.

After several more moments to regain his bearings, Straven tried to speak, but ended up coughing again. As he thought about Zaydin and Alexia, a funny thought came to him. This time, as he tried to vocalize it, he heard his own voice curiously controlled with a humorous undertone. "I should have left you alone to die, Cho-Shai." He pulled himself up, sitting for a moment before jumping up to his feet. Once he had that accomplished, he flashed a mischievous smile at the master. "Wouldn't be in this mess if I had." He laughed slightly and then looked at the other man. With a nod of his head, he said, "Straven Fermare. Pleasure to meet you."

At that, he moved slowly towards the two. At first his steps were unsteady. He was still quite shaken, but he soon adjusted and stopped five feet or so from the other two. "Sorry to be out so long. Have I missed anything?" There was a certainly irony to that statement... or at least Straven thought so.

TAG: The Mods, Ktala

3. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Damkor Kirido

Shocked and disturbed by what he was seeing Damkor lept into the depths of his mind for the answers he needed for this. Not even reacting to having his meditation crystal taken by his friend he racked his brain for anything in his training that would help. Then it came to him.

"Jin Rei, try to restrain him. Forget the cables, they can be dealt with later." Damkor said, with that he sat down and instantly began focusing the Force around him like a bubble, any loose cables bouncing away from him. Meanwhile he focused his mind into getting into Tai-gen's.

/Tai-gen! Tai-gen, where are you!?/ he shouted in the telepathic bond he was forming. /Tai-gen, it's Master Kirido, come now, you must fight this entity off. You are strong Tai-gen, you are a Jedi. Looks into yourself, find your light and force this darkness out of you. Do not give in to it, you still have to find your Master, if this thing takes hold you may never find her, focus on her, focus on your own strength, focus on the light./ He added as he started sending mental images of a bright star in the middle of the chaotic void that was undoubtedly the contents of Tai-gen's mind at this very moment.

TAG: Ktala, Greyjedi

4. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    Mother Test, GM Appoved

Name: Kal Moryne
    Race Firrerreo
    Sex: Male
    Force sensitive: Yes
    Area of Expertise: Deals in helping others, easily forgettable, very kindhearted or that is the perception he gives off.
    BRIEF Description and Info:

A man, in all sense that is very humble, and believes that he has a sort of personal agenda that he would like to see done before he passes. He left the Jedi to persue his own agenda and was considered to be little of a threat as he left on 'good' terms with the jedi, but they still don't like having him working as a bounty hunter.

His father and mother were known to him, as such he developed a very odd sort of personality disorder. He doesn't feel anything, no love, no mourning, no grief, he doesn't really feel anything. This made him almost perfect for the jedi as they had wanted someone who didn't let their feelings cloud their mind. It back fired and he felt that his judgement was pointing him away from the path of a Jedi, and onto a different path. Due to his sort of "code" he only deals with bounty's that he feels that suit him and his mother and father would be proud of him for doing it.

He is sort of a lone wolf and doesn't like to be touched. He has a set of emerald color eye's. His hair is long, it is dark red, with gold running through it, only on the tips are they sort of a platinum blonde color, almost a white color, most assume they are white. He wears only what the jedi had given him. All dark cloak, with an all dark set of robes, they are to off set his sort of pale skin.

He does have a lightsaber, but prefers to use a sword in most cases as his lightsaber is a symbol to him. Kal will use it if he feels that the lightsaber is the better of the two weapons to use in that situation. He is almost like a robot the way that he anaylizes things to precisely, he is what is known as an over thinker at times, but majority of the time he will help others before himself.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Attention and Greetings fellow Players:

As you know, Darth RL hits the boards rather powerful
    during the summer months, and many players disappeared, and
    got slow. Even yours truly fell under the hatchet, and the
    game has slowed down.

So, in order to catch everyone up, I am going to post a
    "WHATS HAPPENING NOW" now..to get everyone caught up. We
    have some new players, and hopefully after that, they will
    be able to jump right in.

If you are still interested in playing, then jump in. Those
    that dont, I will figure that your characters wandered off,
    had fatal heart attacks, eaten by nerfs... you get the
    idea. :p

Thanks for your support.

The next update post should be up soon.

Thanks!
    :D

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Greetings Intrepid Readers!

Hopefully, because of Real Life Issues, and the general summer slowdown of the boards, I hope I havent lost too many of you. This is the promised restart, that I have mentioned earlier. This will give you an update as the story stands so far. To the new folks, now would be a excellent time to jump in. For everyone else, if you are still interested in the game, all you will have to do is post. I will remove character, if there are no responses after a bit.

I am truly sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up and posted. Hopefully, we will be able to continue with the game. If not, then I thank those who stuck it out with me.

Thank you.

Now, on to the story.

-------------------------

Aboard a ship known as the Delfin, Master Damkor and Jedi Knight Jen Rei are having their own battle. They had been sent on another mission, when they encountered a young Jedi Padawan Tai-gen, who's Master is missing. Wishing to continue their mission, they had planned to leave the young Padawan with other Jedi that they knew had been sent to the planet of Wayland, when the young man suddenly started acting strangely, as if possessed. Right now, along with the ship's owner, Vin Yadel, they are battling to bring the situation under control, while maintaining control of their ship, which has been damaged.

As they move into the orbit of Wayland, they notice a Republic Cruiser, that is in low orbit on one side of the planet. But something looked off about the ship. Its position within the planets orbit, didnt seem normal.

From another direction, another ship, piloted by Yaj Dok also made its way towards Wayland. He is an 'entrepreneur', and he feels that he has made the find of the century, after finding a stasis unit, in a field of debris on his way to Wayland. He noticed a ship coming in hot. VERY hot, but whoever was piloting it, seemed to know what they were doing. Yaj also noticed a Republic cruiser sitting on the far side of the planet, almost as if it was hiding. It was all strange. And the com was full of traffic - just none of it in Basic. Something was going on. But if he wanted to make his credits, so he would have to risk it. Or would he?

As Yaj Dok continue to watch the scene unfold around him, he heard a soft beep come from the back part of his ship.

Meanwhile, Bahk was passing Arkania on a cruise ship on his way towards Wayland. He had found an interesting item, and was asking another passenger on the cruise ship his opinion of the object. The man opened his eyes, looking at the container frowning. He leaned forward, putting a pair of old fashioned specs on his nose, and peered closely at the container. Bahk noticed the man suddenly sat up, displaying a keen interest in the item, as he turned it over in his hands.

"You got this where?" he asked slowly, lowering his voice. "Im not sure of its contents, but that seal..." He looked up, his eyes very serious. "Its the Royal seal of the House Canalbiur." The man ran his fingers over the case, it it softly clicked open. He looked at the key, with a frown. "I dont know anything about the key..but, Im sure either the Jedi Order or The Royal house WOULD pay a fee, for it. I suggest you guard it well. Anyone else know you carrying that thing, would most likely bash your head in, for the creds." The man sat back in his chair, leaning back into his seat.

So, his trip could become profitable after all.

0-0

What none of the others knew yet, was that on Wayland, it was absolute madness. It seemed as if the Jedi had found themselves into something much more than they had been informed of.

Jedi Knight Alexia and Zaydin were taking refuge in the home of a kidnly old woman named Kelsa. They had with them, a small child named Anna, whom they had found, stuffed tightly within a tiny pod floating out in space, surrounded with the wreckage of a ship. They had seen a lightsaber only moments before another explosion, and then they had found her tiny pod. As they sat, re

7. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Kelsa's Home

"Within the past two months, I have been noticing an increase of local comm traffic. I have recorded 2,354 minor volations, 6, 498 major violations, 150 local illegal transmissions, and 4 transmission deemed as unknown.

"Four unknown transmissions?" Zaydin questioned, his curiosity immediately snagging that. "Can you tell when and where they were taken? Anything at all about them?"

While awaiting for the droid's reply, Zaydin once again looked back at Anna and Alexia, the two still within a chat of their own. He rolled around the idea of what to do in his mind, trying to think. While interrogating a droid was all nice and fun, they did have other things to worry about. Such as their fellow Jedi...

Cho-Sai had called in and everything seemed fine. Well, by fine he meant alive anyway from the sounds of it. Still, with that little incident that occurred not too long ago, Zaydin was still nervous. Perhaps they should drive back in the speeder and get to them.

"I think we should go get them," Zaydin finally spoke, his words for Alexia this time as he turned towards her. He didn't need to specify who 'them' were and was glad; he was still wary about this whole house and didn't want to be speaking about their Jedi business.

TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Alexia Rivers
    Kelsa's Home, Wayland

Alexia only nodded, stroking Anna's hair. To be entirely honest, while she was sure the child was telling the truth as she knew it, it still made no sense to her - and she had a feeling that they had gotten as many explanations out of Anna as they were going to. The poor child looked dead on her feet.

"Have a cookie," Alexia offered, picking one up and holding it out to Anna. "They're good."

"I think we should go get them," Zaydin said from near the window. Alexia looked up to his worried look. No need to specify who them referred to - their fellow Jedi caught in the explosion were still missing, possibly injured. Master Adimus' short transmission had confirmed they were alive but had been decidedly unhelpful otherwise.

And if they were going to go back out there into possible danger, they shouldn't bring Anna with them.

"Stay right here, okay?" Alexia told Anna. "Rest for a while, and be good for Kelsa. Zaydin and I will be back soon."

She stood, carefully disentangling herself from the child. "Let's go," she told Zaydin, and made her way back out to the speeder.

TAG: Sarge, Ktala

9. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Qenmas Pacto

It was all slowing down. No more explosions. No more wild and crazy tanks. No more troops. Just silence, the occasional milling about, and interest. Crowds and such. Oh, and his two Jedi compatriots that seemed worse off than he was. They would need care.

He reached out to the force, but it was still fuzzy and quiet. Didn't look like it was a temporary thing. That... wasn't good.

He took a deep breath and relaxed his grip on his lightsaber. He felt naked. It was strange to look for threats with ones eyes. Or listen for one with one's ears. The force was there, but like looking through a foggy mirror. Just shades, shadows, and blots. And as far as he could feel, no threats.

Doubt immediately washed over him. As far as he could feel indeed.

He looked back at the two other Jedi.

"We should get out of here. We're exposed and a target, here by this wreckage. Lets get a roof over our heads and a few walls we can put our backs to."

He kept on looking around, scanning for threats. How could non-force users live like this? Would be maddening. The Jedi Knight then looked back to the other two.

"You guys good to walk?"

TAG: Saint and Chukles

10. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wayland, Kelsa's Home

"Rest for a while, and be good for Kelsa. Zaydin and I will be back soon."

Zaydin's brows raised slightly at that, the sentence that Alexia had spoken seeming to mean that Anna would be remaining here. In the house. Without them. He would've said something aloud right then but his lips remained firmly shut.

Instead, after giving a glance back towards the droid that he had been speaking with, he found himself following his fellow Knight towards the door. Upon passing Anna, Zaydin allowed one hand to drop towards her head and give her a gentle pat as he passed.

He was worried about the girl. Whether strictly professional or not, he was worried. Possessing extravagant powers, being sought after by seemingly powerful, yet much darker, characters, the idea of letting the girl stay alone in an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar person made him actually worry. He had to remind himself that the place wasn't wholly unfamiliar though. It was a Jedi - Cypher - that had been here as well and it was a Jedi that Kelsa had taken care of during his stay. A seemingly harmless old lady shouldn't be giving Zaydin much concern yet it was.

There was that pulse in the Force...

"It'll be a bit suspicious if we come back with more guests for her I think," was what Zaydin said to Alexia as soon as he figured they were out of earshot.

TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Kelsa's Home, Wayland

"True," Alexia agreed in an undertone. They were a handful of paces out the door and probably out of earshot, but that didn't mean she should shout. "We've impinged upon her hospitality enough, especially with leaving Anna here - I don't like leaving her alone either, but we can't bring her back into danger. She's been through enough."

Their speeder, thankfully, looked both unharmed and undisturbed. Alexia hopped back up into the pilot's seat, saying, "Once we pick them up, we'll come back to get her and figure out what to do next. Maybe the others have some ideas ... we still have our mission to carry out, after all." Although their mission plan had gone completely off track from the moment they stumbled upon that wreckage in the middle of deepspace.

She touched the exposed wires together. The engine restarted, along with the dashboard controls. Alexia breathed a sigh of relief; she had been half-afraid it wouldn't work. Once Zaydin strapped himself in, they could speed back to the city, pick up their fellow Jedi, and come back.

Simple.

Not that anything on this planet had been simple so far.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sli Ubrik
    The Crying Griffen, Wayland

Accepting the datapad he clicked his mandables a couple of times, the most of a thanks the fleshy female would get from him. A rather poor picking to his mind, far too large and ladden with excessive nutrient deposits, not to mention the lack of any hard chittin always made them most unattractive to his eyes.

Looking down one bit of information immediately stood out to him: The Dark Sun. Interesting...he would have to play this close to the chitin, and some more fluid to hydrate a little more before he left to keep his sacs filled.

Finnishing off his nearly full drink he took a look around, by turning his head to follow the direction of the waitress with his two eyes, his third naturally scanning the rear from under the back slop on the rear of his head. A carefull sweep of his surroundings, not that they had changed much from the previous minute.

Something he found odd with most races was their limited bi-clopse status, how they survived without being able to see trouble coming or having any hard points, being all...soft even in their claws. Most revulting, but at least they paid well and that was what mattered, what was supposed to supposidly matter...

Raising his glass he turned it upside down and set it on the table with his money on top to pay the tab as he rose to head to the coordinates listed by Black Sun. Rubbing his fingers together he turned back dropping an extra cred chip for 'Jake' before begining to head out into the open forested world and those coordinates.

One look upon the verdent greenery that yet infested this place made his hearts ache for something more artificial, cave systems, or at least a baren landscape that would feel more natural. To one that was birthed and later hatched in space such a world was more a nuisance once outside than a boon to one's moral. Such was lifes little dissappointments.

Time to arrive and meet his employers. As always he would come preppared for anything, some required demonstrations, and some missions began at the meeting.

TAG: Ktala

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: I'll post as soon as I can, probably by Monday or Tuesday. :)

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOG: Alright you VORPAL BUNNIES!! Give me a chance to catch up!! LOL!!
    :D No problem Bravo. Post when you can!!!
    --------------

Sarge221, DarthXan318
    Wayland, Kelsa's Home

ME2 had replied to Zaydin's last question, drawing his curiosity on what was considered '4 transmission deemed as unknown.'

"Four unknown transmissions?" Zaydin questioned, his curiosity immediately snagging that. "Can you tell when and where they were taken? Anything at all about them?"

The old droids gears whirled softly, as Kelsa came into the room with some milk, and an old blanket which she offered to Anna without a word, and moved back to the kitchen. "Have a cookie," Alexia offered, picking one up and holding it out to Anna. "They're good." Anna nodded, and took the cookie, munching on it happily, and now grateful for the milk, as she pulled the blanket up to her shoulders. She seemed tired, but happy at the moment. She looked at her necklace once more, and simply smiled, as she at her cookie.

Meanwhile, the droids single red eye shifted abit. "Master Jedi, the 4 unknowns were within the past 3 weeks. About the same time that some of the local transmissions started to increase.I do not know where they originated from, but they were picked up somewhere on the far side of the city. Unfortunately, they were using a sophisticated scrambling system, and I can not be more precise than that. But it is not something that anyone local would normally handle." ME2 replied to his query.

"I think we should go get them," Zaydin finally spoke, his words for Alexia this time as he turned towards her.

Alexia looked up to his worried look. Alexia looked at Anna. If they were going to go back out there into possible danger, they shouldn't bring Anna with them.

"Stay right here, okay?" Alexia told Anna. "Rest for a while, and be good for Kelsa. Zaydin and I will be back soon."

She stood, carefully disentangling herself from the child. "Let's go," she told Zaydin, and made her way back out to the speeder. Anna looked as if she might not like the idea at all, but Kelsa walked over to the young girl.

"Tis alright girl. The Jedi have business that they must do. Must see to the others. You'll be safe here, until they come back." Anna looked over at the woman, and nodded slowly, sitting back down. She was a tiny bit tired. And these cookies were so very good.

Zaydin's brows raised slightly at that, the sentence that Alexia had spoken seeming to mean that Anna would be remaining here. In the house. Without them. He would've said something aloud right then but his lips remained firmly shut.

Instead, after giving a glance back towards the droid that he had been speaking with, he found himself following his fellow Knight towards the door. Upon passing Anna, Zaydin allowed one hand to drop towards her head and give her a gentle pat as he passed.

She smiled, her eyes now growing heavy, as the now familiar habit of thumb going into mouth started to appear.

He was worried about the girl. The idea of letting the girl stay alone in an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar person made him actually worry. There was that pulse in the Force...

"It'll be a bit suspicious if we come back with more guests for her I think," was what Zaydin said to Alexia as soon as he figured they were out of earshot.

"True," Alexia agreed in an undertone. They were a handful of paces out the door and probably out of earshot, but that didn't mean she should shout. "We've impinged upon her hospitality enough, especially with leaving Anna here - I don't like leaving her alone either, but we can't bring her back into danger. She's been through enough."

Their speeder, thankfully, looked both unharmed and undisturbed. Alexia hopped back up into the pilot's seat, saying, "Once we pick them up, we'll come back to get her and figure out what to do next. Maybe the others have some ideas ... we still have our mission to carry out, after all."

Alexia touched

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: *hops into the thread, looks up at the update as his nose twitches, and then hops over to the post reply*

Wayland, Kelsa's Home

"We've impinged upon her hospitality enough, especially with leaving Anna here - I don't like leaving her alone either, but we can't bring her back into danger. She's been through enough."

Zaydin said nothing in reply to that, instead just sitting in the passenger seat next to Alexia, though with a visible moment of hesitation. And even after he sat down his gray eyes soon moved back to the house. His hand twitched when Alexia started the speeder, as if wanting to take advantage of this last chance to get him back out of the speeder.

Am I getting attached again?

The Knight shook that question off. Or at least tried to with his usual dose of reasoning. Someone as strong in the Force as Anna being sought after would no doubt cause anyone to wish to protect her, even if that wasn't their official missions that they had been sent out on in the first place. It's just that his current, seemingly unusual degree of caution and care that he had for her was just connected to her young age and the fact that her parents were gone...especially because her parents were gone. It was nothing unusual, just a reasonable and completely understandable reaction considering the circumstances. He was performing and acting as one normally would.

Cutting down his next opponent with a slice from his lightsaber, spinning to find another target, he stopped when he spotted her. She was on her knees, her hands pressing against the sides of her head, seeming to be suffering from some agony that was being dealt by an invisible attacker. Her green eyes, having been sealed shut, now opened as she turned to him, as if sensing his gaze on her. Where there had once been concern and caring in those eyes there was nothing but pain. And fear. And...hate.

For him?

Zaydin closed his eyes as he attempted to banish that image back into the recesses of his mind, refusing to revisit that dark place no matter how many memories wished to reach out and drag him back in.

Mission. They had a mission. He just needed to focus on that. It always helped when he focused on the mission.

The droid came back to his mind, the one he had been speaking with at Kelsa's. He had been asking about transmissions. Ah, that's right. The four unknown transmissions that had gotten to his curiosity. The droid had said that they had all been made within three weeks when local transmissions had increased. This was probably around the time when the Republic came into the picture if Zaydin had to guess. And there was the mentioning of a scrambling system that made it impossible to find where the transmissions originated somewhere in...

"The far side of the city," Zaydin spoke then so that Alexia could hear his opinions. "I was speaking with Kelsa's droid and it mentioned about four unknown transmissions that had been made within the last three weeks at the far side of the city. Couldn't get a more specific location because it was apparently using a scrambling system. Something a bit sophisticated and not exactly something someone would normally have possession of."

It was then that the Knight noticed that the streets were a bit crowded as they got closer to where the rest of their team was. Debris, police, Zaydin visibly winced. Apparently the area got just a bit more busy and a little more wrecked while they were gone. And as they got closer, the path that they wished to continue on seemed to be blocked. Another wince.

Usually Zaydin wouldn't have a problem with working with the local authorities - he had done it before - but with the general attitude that the planet's denizens currently had for the Jedi, he wasn't sure if they would get the kind of cooperation that they would hope for. They could go find another way but that was going to take a while...

"Thoughts?" Zaydin questioned, one hand going to his comlink. If they couldn't get in they may have to con

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Meeting of the Mine, Wayland

He quickly found himself beyond the city with a lot of time to just 'enjoy the scenery'. That is one was into forested landscape with the occassional clearing, the vine snakes, and claw birds providing momentary distractions along the way. Making sure to keep his trail hidden he didn't hack his way through the verdant forest, why the soft shells always did was a bit sad if he thought about it, instead he climbed over and around many of the obsticles in his path until he neared the coordinates.

There it was, an old and rare beauty of an outpost with two ships parked by it. It sat, in what looked like the remains of an small, old mining facility. There were two ships in the area. One, a standard trader type vessel. And another that, with all of Sil's experience, he had never seen this type of vessel before in his life. It could not be made for humans. No, this vessel had almost no ports or windows. It was dark, with a rough skin, a motley black and green design. The doorway was a standard height, but it was also wide. Very wide. Interesting. What part where the engines might lay, he could not tell. Perhaps it was camouflaged. Next to the ships, the small building he could see, held one door. Two windows. And a light.

This was most interesting especially with the pit out back, and although he knew his new employers hadn't picked this spot for his fancies but it's remoteness, the place definately had an alure to it. Not that he wanted to pick out ceiling lichens, but still...and those ships were most curious. Especially the one he didn't recognize.

All of his eyes registered that all was quiet around the small building. Hmm, whatever it was that the Black Sun wished to speak with him about, it seemed as if they wanted to make sure that no one else heard their conversation.

Climbing up a tree slightly back with a view of the outpost and the pit he pulled around his sniper's rifle, taking aim to use the scope to scout the pit, a good place for an ambush to come from, or the outpost for a better guess of what was inside. He knew it was best not to keep them waiting, but a bit of foreknowledge before crossing the open space to whatever the meeting was could be most invaluable.

Either way he would go, trap or not he would make the meeting, after all that was what he was paid to come here for.

TAG: Ktala

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Wayland

Alexia nodded slowly. Interesting that a scrambling system could obscure the origin of a transmission as well as its content - they couldn't usually do that. Either that was one hell of a scrambler, the droid's trace was simply not advanced enough, or the droid was lying.

If it was the first two, they should check out the far side of the city. If it was the third, they had probably made a very big mistake leaving Anna there ... so Alexia hoped it wasn't. She'd rather deal with a sophisticated enemy than a subverted droid.

Then Alexia noticed the police roadblock. Ah, crap. If she were alone, she'd simply ditch the speeder, sneak past, and hotwire another one on the other side - but she wasn't.

"Thoughts?" Zaydin questioned. "We could try to persuade them to let us in."

There was the ever so slight emphasis on persuade. A half-smile tugged at Alexia's lips. "Let's try that," she muttered. She hoped this would work. Mind tricks were something she had learnt to do because she had to, not something she had any particular talent for.

They pulled up by the roadblock. An officer approached. "We're just passing through," she told him, with a small wave of her hand and some pressure on his mind. "You can let us go about our business."

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Cho-Shai Adimus

The streets of Docking Station One, Wayland

Cho-Shai got his feet slowly, head still spinning from his lack of Force sensitivity. It was like going blind, or losing an old friend all in one package. He knew of no technology across the galaxy which had the capability to suppress Force-sensitivity, and certainly none that could remove it. There was a somewhat odd, and recent, theory gaining popularity amongst the scholar/scientists of the Order that a microscopic lifeform called a midichlorian -- some sort of carrier for Force sensitivity in a living being -- inhabited the cells of a Force-sensitive. Logically, then, a form of radiation, if specific enough, could affect such a lifeform.

If he lived long enough to make it back to Coruscant, this would send them into a tizzy.

But again that raised more questions than answers, and it was a good working rule as well as a principle of Force use that suppositions were nowhere near as important as facts. And facts were sorely lacking. For example, the present status of the other Jedi he'd told to flee the scene...

Qenmas Pacto was talking about getting under cover, and Cho-Shai nodded absently, but then a guard was walking up to them. Oddly he neither recognised Cho-Shai as a Jedi or as the damn fool who'd just about killed himself atop the crawler only a few seconds earlier; obviously Adimus's civilian clothes were a decent, if improvised, disguise.
    "Er, yes," he replied to the trooper who asked after his health, looking around. One didn't need the Force to see the man was agitated. "What's going on? Is the threat over?"

TAG: Ktala, Hammer, Chukles

19. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Straven Fermare
    Wayland

Straven wavered on his feet slightly as he felt the complete absence of the Force sink in. His eyes glazed over for a brief moment before he was able to pull his vision back into focus. He had probably hit his head, which was never a good thing. He shook his head, and began to look around. His two fellow Jedi were nearby and slowly Straven moved over to them.

Cho-Shai was talking to some law enforcement, it looked like, while the other Master--had Straven gotten his name?--mentioned something about finding cover. Straven nodded, his head beginning to throb. Quietly he said, "I think we should get moving. We're already starting to draw attention, and in our condition that's not a good thing."

TAG: The Mods... or is it Mod and Ex-Mod? Eh, whatever, Saint and imp :p

OOC: Meh, sorry it's so short and cruddy. Not really sure what to say.

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Sarge221, DarthXan318
    Wayland, Kelsa's Home

As Zaydin climbed into the speeder, he spoke to Alexia about what the droid had told him. "The far side of the city," Zaydin spoke then so that Alexia could hear his opinions. "I was speaking with Kelsa's droid and it mentioned about four unknown transmissions that had been made within the last three weeks at the far side of the city. Couldn't get a more specific location because it was apparently using a scrambling system. Something a bit sophisticated and not exactly something someone would normally have possession of." Alexia nodded slowly. Interesting that a scrambling system could obscure the origin of a transmission as well as its content - they couldn't usually do that. Either that was one hell of a scrambler, the droid's trace was simply not advanced enough, or the droid was lying. She hoped it was the one of the first two.

It was then that the Knight noticed that the streets were a bit crowded as they got closer to where the rest of their team was. Debris, police, Zaydin visibly winced. Apparently the area got just a bit more busy and a little more wrecked while they were gone. And as they got closer, the path that they wished to continue on seemed to be blocked. Another wince. Alexia quickly noticed it as well.

"Thoughts?" Zaydin questioned, one hand going to his comlink. If they couldn't get in they may have to contact the others and set up a rendezvous point. "We could try to persuade them to let us in." There was the ever so slight emphasis on persuade. A half-smile tugged at Alexia's lips. "Let's try that," she muttered. She hoped this would work. Mind tricks were something she had learnt to do because she had to, not something she had any particular talent for.

They pulled up by the roadblock. An officer approached. "We're just passing through," she told him, with a small wave of her hand and some pressure on his mind. "You can let us go about our business."

The officer paused, a strange look for just the briefest of seconds as he looked at them. "You're just passing through." he responded, rubbing his head briefly. "You can go about your business...But I suggest you take the detour. This area has a lot of downed buildings..." He jerked his head back for a moment, gave them a strange look...

And with a shake of his head, turned and walked away to check on another person who was walking towards another part of his area.

Saintheart, Chukles38, Imperial_Hammer
    The streets of Docking Station One, Wayland

Cho-Shai got his feet slowly, head still spinning from his lack of Force sensitivity. It was like going blind, or losing an old friend all in one package. He knew of no technology across the galaxy which had the capability to suppress Force-sensitivity, and certainly none that could remove it. There was a few odd theories, but none that he knew of that held any substance. Not yet. If he lived long enough to make it back to Coruscant, this would send them into a tizzy. But that was for another time. Right now, he needed facts. And facts were sorely lacking. For example, the present status of the other Jedi he'd told to flee the scene...

Straven wavered on his feet slightly as he felt the complete absence of the Force sink in. His eyes glazed over for a brief moment before he was able to pull his vision back into focus. He shook his head, and began to look around. His two fellow Jedi were nearby and slowly Straven moved over to them. Qenmas Pacto was talking about getting under cover, and Straven nodded, his head beginning to throb. Quietly he said, "I think we should get moving. We're already starting to draw attention, and in our condition that's not a good thing."

Cho-Shai nodded absently, but then a guard was walking up to them. Strangely, he didnt seem to recognize them. "You gentlemen, ok?" the guard asked them.

"Er, yes," Cho-Shai replied to the trooper who asked after his health, lo

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Sli Ubrik, climbed down from the tree, and made his way into the building for the meeting. He would be on time. When he came to the doorway, he saw that there was quite a sophisticated scanner built into it. But it did not have any type of weaponry that he could see, with any of his equipment. As soon as the door shut behind him, he heard a voice.

"Greetings Sli Ubrik. We are glad that you have decided to meet with us."

A tall, lizard like looking humanoid stepped out from a doorway in the back. He gave Sli a respectful nod. He then gestured towards a large table. There were two very plush chairs seated on either side of the table. The lizardman had two datapads. He placed one of them on the table, towards Sli Ubrik. "We have a proposition for you. One that I am sure you will find quite enjoyable ... and profitable. I do hope the profile you offered on your job skills was - correct. If it was, I am quite sure, we have just the job for you."

Reaching out he picked up the datapad, clicking his free chitinous fingers as he read it in silence. The chair he ignored completely, why beings used such soft and shifty sitting aparatus' he did not even try to understand. It was simply something fleshies did, an inborn habit that could be exploited.

That wording held a bit of a questioning tone of his abilities, but he would not dwell on it beyond keeping his eyes and senses sharp. Silence was key in any negotiation he felt, after all how can one argue with something that isn't? It also gave the silent much time to absorb and better listen to his surroundings, yes that was wisdom his teacher had shared early on. Wisdom he headed now.

TAG: Ktala the Vorpal Bunny Keeper

22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight

Aboard the Delfin

Jin Rei woke up with a start and immediately realized that he'd been on the floor. The last thing he remembered was shouting and the strange acting young padawan, Tai-Gen, that was now nowhere in his sight. At least the ship was still in one piece, but for how long? had he hit his head somehow? he could not recall. There wasn't any distinctive pain on his head to indicate a severe blow, but he couldn't worry about that now. The Jedi Knight gave a cursory look and found the object he 'd been looking for. With a simple wave of his hand, he telekinetically recalled his lightsaber back to his hand, then got up.

Hmmm. There was no sign of anyone. Not Trala, not Master Damkor or anyone else for that matter. This was very odd, given his last memories, but there was something else he was feeling. Something to do with their.... location?

Without wasting another moment, Jin Rei gathered his strength and wits and rushed off towards the bridge of the Delfin. It was there he was hoping to find Vin Yadle, perhaps she would have some answers pertaining to their situation.

Tag: Ktala, Chanbill

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Wayland

Alexia grinned and throttled up. "Piece of ryshcate."

Now all they had to do was find their fellow Jedi. That, Alexia figured, couldn't be so difficult - all they had to do was find the tank. And to find the tank, all they had to do was retrace their path from Docking Station One, and -

There. A large hunk of ruined something was blocking the streets not far from where they had separated, and in its vicinity were a couple of people in familiar-looking clothing. Alexia headed straight for them, trusting that the officers - and there were a few around there too - would simply assume anyone who got past the roadblock had the right to be here.

TAG: Jedi - Sarge, Chuks, Saint, Imp

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Wayland

"Piece of ryshcate."

"Indeed," Zaydin said approvingly at Alexia's use of the Force. Whatever bad feelings he had for mind tricks aside, her ability to perform it was admirable. Especially considering their current situation.

Speaking of abilities...

Having suppressed his own in fear of being able to be tracked - he still remembered the unfamiliar but very dark presence that they barely missed at Marge's Rentals -, Zaydin now willingly touched the Force again as his senses stretched out to their full extent. With Anna no longer in their company and the coast seeming clear, he had no problems now.

Zaydin's eyes narrowed at some large ruin was blocking the streets - the tank maybe? - and there were people surrounding it. Though it could only be their fellow Jedi, Zaydin stretched out to them anyway in the Force to look for confirmation that way.

What may be the tank also reminded the Knight about what else may still be around. Despite how his previous examinations had failed in the past, Zaydin looked out for any darker presences that may still remain. You never know...and with the surrounding area as wrecked as it was it was easy for anyone that wished to remain for them to hide.

TAG: Ktala, DarthXan318, Imp, Saintheart, Chukles

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mitth_Fisto

Sli Ubrik entered the building. As soon as the door shut behind him, he heard a voice.

"Greetings Sli Ubrik. We are glad that you have decided to meet with us."

A tall, lizard like looking humanoid stepped out from a doorway in the back. He gave Sli a respectful nod. He then gestured towards a large table. There were two very plush chairs seated on either side of the table. The lizardman had two datapads. He placed one of them on the table, towards Sli Ubrik. "We have a proposition for you. One that I am sure you will find quite enjoyable ... and profitable. I do hope the profile you offered on your job skills was - correct. If it was, I am quite sure, we have just the job for you."

Reaching out he picked up the datapad, clicking his free chitinous fingers as he read it in silence. The information on the datapad was straightforward and to the point. He was being hired to eliminate someone who was considered threat. But interestingly, the Black Sun was NOT who the main contract was for. No, as his eyes read across the datapad, he was intrigued by what he did see. The lizard humanoid spoke in a soft voice, as Sli continued to read.

"We understand that you have no direct preferences to what your targets are, or your employer. And that you have a, ah how shall I say, an 'Unique' skill set to deal with this particular set of targets. If you are willing to accept the contract, please, simply put you .... palm to the datapad." The Lizardman stood, looking at Sli with a calmness, his eyes non-blinking.

MITTH_FISTO: PM to follow.

greyjedi125, Chanbill5390
    Aboard the Delfin, preparing to land at Wayland

Vin Yadel had simply had enough. This was NOT the way things were to be handled. Thankfully, they would soon be on Wayland, and they would have the assistance of the other Jedi. The only reason she continued to deal with this was because of the two Jedi on her ship. They, along with the others were important. More important than they could even guess.

So when Tai-Gen, that possessed wild child, commenced to tearing apart her ship, she had to act. Swiftly.

Thank goodness, the Delfin was the type of ship she was. Vin patted the console, as she looked down at her monitor. It was silent. That was strange. There should be all types of communications traffic buzzing about. But there was none. And there was a Republic ship hovering about as well. She knew of the ship, but ... No, something was very wrong with this situation, even if she could not exactly beside what it was.

Tralla laid exhausted, curled up besides the door to the ships control room, her eyes closed as she rested.

Jin Rei woke up with a start and immediately realized that he'd been on the floor. The last thing he remembered was shouting and the strange acting young padawan, Tai-Gen, that was now nowhere in his sight.

Had he hit his head somehow? he could not recall. There wasn't any distinctive pain on his head to indicate a severe blow. The Jedi Knight gave a cursory look and found and telekinetically recalled his lightsaber back to his hand, then got up.

Hmmm. There was no sign of anyone. Not Trala, not Master Damkor or anyone else for that matter. This was very odd, given his last memories, but there was something else he was feeling. Something to do with their.... location?

Without wasting another moment, Jin Rei gathered his strength and wits and rushed off towards the bridge of the Delfin.

---

But where was Master Damkor?

He was sitting on the floor, the Force surrounding him like a bright beacon. When tai-gen had began his attack, the Jedi Master had focused with extreme concentration, to try and reach Tai-Gens mind.

He had reached it. And more.

/Tai-gen! Tai-gen, where are you!?/ he had shouted in the telepathic bond he was forming. /Tai-gen, it's Master Kirido, come now, you must fight this entity off. You are strong Tai-gen, you are a Jedi. Looks into yourself, find your

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.