1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars * Dark History: Tears of the Force *

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Ktala, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Sli Ubrik
    Meeting of the Mine

    Listening to the Lizard man with half an ear, and part an eye, he took in the solemn steadfast creature and read uncertainty. Especially at the end when it groped for a moment for what to say should press on the pad. It should of had a touch more fear, that would have been healthier for one in his presence, but as an employer's lackey making an offer most likely he did not care. It would learn, the organization would, that he did not boast on his resume like some flack-jawed fleshy applying for a job.

    Scanning over the pad briefly he clacked his mandibles, hissing creating an undercurrent that was a laugh as he pressed his palm to the pad. He had a new job...and a new employer. What it was he had to do was merely marginal stuffing now, the pay should prove more than enough, especially after bonus'.

    Perhaps he could even trick the Lizard to a staring contest as a test of it's wits, most likely wouldn't realize that he never blinked until it's death. Turning the data pad around he held it out to return to the lizard, "Yes"

    TAG: Ktala
  2. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Alexia Rivers
    The streets near Docking Station One, Wayland

    Alexia frowned as they approached. There was something - odd - about their Force senses - no, there was something odd about the Force. As they flew closer to the wreckage, the Force felt muggy and thick, as if saturated with a ... something. Alexia had never felt anything like it before. It made her feel like she was surrounded by fog.

    Her skin crawling, she pulled over alongside their three Jedi comrades. "Are you alright?" she called.

    TAG: Sarge, Saint, Chuks, Imp
  3. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Qenmas Pacto
    Location: Speeder

    It seemed that all of the people in Qenmas' party were more or less fine. That was good. This whole situation was very dangerous, dealing with the crawler. To come out unscathed was a testament to all of their skills. A speeder pulled out, and out came the two other Knights from what seemed like hours ago.

    The female stepped forward, asking "Are you alright?"

    Qenmas took a few steps back.

    "No I am not. It seems something has happened to my ability to sense the force..."

    Speaking the words were like spitting glass, each of syllable cutting deep into his spirit. It was an admission of weakness and vulnerability, of losing that which they all shared. Of losing that which had been a central defining aspect of himself for so long.

    Although he would have liked to hide it, duty came first. That was the Jedi way, with or without the Force as his guide.

    "Please stay away from me." he said, walking back even further. He was now a good 12 feet away from the two newcomer padawans. "I don't know if what I have is infectious. I don't know what it is at all."

    The now knight stood off to the side. Now was supposed to be a time when they were finally reunited again. The first time since the mission commenced in Coruscant.

    Yet he had never felt so very much alone.

    TAG: Wayland Jedi Group
  4. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Speeder


    Something was very...off here. At least that's the word that came to Zaydin's mind when he surveyed the area with his senses. Everything was just...off. Muted even. It felt like the Force itself was being repulsed or at least suppressed within the surrounding area. And while there were clearly people that were ahead of them, most likely their fellow Jedi, Zaydin felt nothing from them. No that wasn't true; he felt something but like the rest of the area it was muted.

    It didn't help when, as they drew closer, Zaydin could clearly see that they were Jedi but what he sensed told him otherwise. What had happened here?

    When Alexia stopped, Zaydin hopped out of the speeder and surveyed the surrounding area, suddenly feeling distrusting of it. What did this? Did that weird tank have something to do with this? What did it do?

    "No I am not. It seems something has happened to my ability to sense the force..."

    Zaydin turned at the voice and he recognized that it was the face of Qenmas that was pulling away from them. The Knight took a step towards the other Jedi, concerned, but he had to admit that upon hearing that sensing the Force had become skewered and that it could be contagious, Zaydin hesitated at offering help. He immediately cursed himself at that.

    With Qenmas seeming to want to keep away from them, Zaydin looked towards the other two Jedi that had to be Cho-Shai and Straven instead. Once again the hesitation, that what was affecting Qenmas may be affecting them, but Zaydin pushed those fears to the side. He was a Jedi and his comrades were in danger. He had to help them.

    "Straven, Master Adimus," Zaydin spoke as he moved to them. "Are you two alright?"

    TAG: Imp, Saintheart, Chukles, DarthXan318, Ktala
  5. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight
    Aboard the Delfin

    Jin Rei made his way towards the bridge. He saw Tralla, curled up in the hallway area. The last time he'd seen her, she'd been glowing and agitated, now she seemed at peace.

    Jin Rei smiled pleasantly at the sight, even as he quietly stepped past her. Refocusing his attention to the issue at hand, Jin Rei could see a planet rapidly filling up the view-screen in front of them. Vin Yadel did not turn to greet him, or say anything, as she was concentrating on the task ahead of her. Her breathing was heavy, as she began to pilot the ship towards the planet ahead.

    "Darkness, calls to Darkness..." she muttered softly, as she began to steer the ship towards what looked like populated areas.

    "Are we crash-landing!?" Jin Rei said in an excitable tone as he took the co-pilot's seat and strapped himself in. He looked at the control panels and suddenly realized that Vin Yadel was one heck of an ace-pilot to be able to steer the ship with the controls in such conditions.

    "I'll try to divert power from whatever non-essential systems I can draw from. Hopefully that's enough."

    Jin Rei quickly went to work as he focused his mind on the task at hand and drew on the force to help guide his actions.

    Tag: Ktala, chanbill ( where are ya buddy!?)
  6. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Mitth_Fisto
    Meetings of the Mine, Wayland


    Listening to the Lizard man with half an ear, and part an eye, Sli Ubrik took in the solemn steadfast creature and read uncertainty. He felt that there should have been more fear in its actions. It would learn, the organization would, that he did not boast on his resume. Scanning over the pad briefly he clacked his mandibles, hissing creating an undercurrent that was a laugh as he pressed his palm to the pad. Turning the data pad around he held it out to return to the lizard, "Yes"

    The Lizard man took the pad from him, and quickly looked over the datapad. With a curt nod, he turned to leave, giving a soft hiss as he did. As he did, two more doors opened up, and what looked to Sli like some strange potted plant stood/sat in one of the doorways. In the other, was a shadow, and a low growl. The plant shivered a bit, and then Sli could understand words.

    ["I am, your direct contact with your employer, who has given me coordinates that he wishes for you to investigate for now. No actions yet. He wants information first."]

    A long frond uncurls, and puts a communicator on the table.

    ["It is coded. No trace. We will be in contact with you soon. Message with need information is already waiting for you from him."]

    With that, the plant moves back, and the doors slide shut.

    Sli is alone in the room, the open door at his back, the comlink on the table.


    Greyjedi125, Chanbill5390
    Aboard the Delfin, landing on Wayland


    Jin Rei Amarant made his way towards the bridge. He saw Tralla, curled up in the hallway area. Jin Rei smiled pleasantly at the sight, even as he quietly stepped past her. Refocusing his attention to the issue at hand, Jin Rei could see a planet rapidly filling up the view-screen in front of them. Vin Yadel did not turn to greet him, or say anything, as she was concentrating on the task ahead of her.

    "Are we crash-landing!?" Jin Rei said in an excitable tone as he took the co-pilot's seat and strapped himself in. "I'll try to divert power from whatever non-essential systems I can draw from. Hopefully that's enough."

    "NO."

    It was one word. Tight and curt, as Vin did not look towards Jin.

    "No, we are not crashing. But it will be a rough landing. And no, do not touch the controls." With one hand, she gestured to a very large Republic crusier that was manuvering strangely. Very close to the planet at the moment.

    "Notice, no comm traffic." she mentioned, as she veered the ship away from the cruiser, coming in on towards what looked like a large city, or at least spaceport. Vin gritted her teeth.

    "They are jamming it. What reasons do you know for jamming ALL comm traffic on a planet, Jedi?" she asked, as she continued to guide the ship downwards. "We are coming in hot, to stay out of scanner range, before they decided to look us up." She murmred softly. "There are Jedi there." She pointed towards their landing point, which was growing larger by the moment.

    A red beeping interrupted her further comments, causing her to streach out her hand over the console. The nose came up as she veered past the area she had planned to land. The area of the shipping ports looked like a battlefield, and as if to accenuate the point, a large flash went up somewhere off in the distance.

    Her ships com suddenly came to life, as a voice crackled accross the console..

    ["..Unk..ship. Doc...ng stat..One closed. I re..pt. Doc..ng..stat..closed. devert. Un..sec.. poss...attacks.."]\

    Vin suddenly have a short laugh. "Looks like I'll have to do it, the fun way."

    Jin watches as Vin suddenly closes her eyes, with the ground coming up quickly to meet them. Trala has come back into the room, and is now looking out the window. A sharp yelp is answered as Vin turns the vessel. Jin sees a field not too far away from the city.

    A few very bumpy shots, followed by a sudden jolt, the ship is sitting on the ground. Vin opens her eyes.

    "Now..that was fun, wasnt it?" she says as she wipes the sweat from her br
  7. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    IC - Cho-Shai Adimus

    Docking Station One

    Adimus shook his head; the roar of that ship's engines had been loud enough to interrupt his hearing, if only for a moment or two. But he had heard Qenmas Pacto's suggestions that the other Jedi stay back.
    "It isn't just him," said Adimus, nodding a head at Pacto. "My ability to sense the Force has been suppressed. Or removed, I don't know. I was on top of that crawler when it blew; it may be there was something about it which--" He shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Either way we should get out of here, as you say. That ship -- do any of you recognise it?" he asked as he clambered into the back of the speeder Rivers and Ven had brought with them.

    TAG: Xan, Sarge, Hammer, Chukles
  8. Chukles38 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 10, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Straven Fermare
    Wayland

    Straven didn't have much in the way of thought going through his head right now... well... nothing too coherent. His mind kept flitting to the problems with the Force the three Jedi seemed to be experiencing, to the tank and dark happenings of Wayland, to the ship crossing the sky, to the speeder that now pulled up with his two comrades in it. He even thought briefly on that dream... vision?... he had had not too long ago.

    Straven felt old. It hadn't been long since he had first met Zaydin and Alexia, but it felt like a lot had happened. Things had seemed to crawl by, while at the same time Straven could hardly believe that as much time had indeed passed. It was a strange feeling. Add on that he was now starting to feel the bumps and bruises sustained from the recent activities and Straven was not in what one might call a good mood.

    As Straven stood in the street, seemingly oblivious to the other Jedi around him, he lifted his gaze to the passing ship, idly wondering where it had come from, why it was here, and more importantly if he'd have to fight what or whoever may be on it. He thought about the ship that he had left just a moment before. Was it still here? Was it safe? Did it matter?

    Slowly, Straven realized why his mind was so disjointed and confused, skipping from one thought to another. The strangeness of the Force was beginning to sink in, and Straven just didn't know how to cope with it. It wasn't that it was no longer there it... well... Straven didn't know what it was. He had never been the strongest in the Force, but the Force had always been there. It had always been clear. It had always been able to be focused. Not now. And it was something he was not ready to face. If he had to live life without the Force...

    A passing being bumped Straven and knocked him out of his thoughts, though the concerns still floated at the edges of his mind. He had missed just about everything that had been said thus far. Cho-Shai hopped into the back of the speeder while the other Jedi--had Straven ever really gotten his name? He couldn't remember--seemed to be keeping his distance. Straven processed the scene for a moment before moving towards the speeder.

    As he jumped into the back next to Cho-Shai, he said nothing. His gaze was distant and his thoughts were scattered. He only used part of his awareness to process any new conversation. He was behind Zaydin and let his gaze flick up to the other Jedi Knight, then over at Alexia. It then occurred to Straven that there were three crippled Jedi in this group. Would they be safe? However, he suppressed his fears and as he unthinkingly spoke aloud in a barely audible tone, "Zaydin, Alexia... they're both far greater Jedi than I. We should be fine."

    Straven placed his head in his hands as he tried to sort out the jumbled thoughts that incessantly bounced around his head. What a day this had been.

    TAG: Saint, Imp, Xan, Sarge, ktala
  9. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Sli Ubrik
    Meetings of the Mine, Wayland

    What happened next was an interesting change of pace as the lizard left, and a plant with a living shadow emerged from two doors that hissed open. The strange intelligent flora shivered after the shadow growled, and then words tumbled forth. These new business associates were becoming more interesting by the second.

    Investigate? That was all they wanted to now? So be it, it was something he normally would do first anyway, only this way meant he might have to do so more directly then he usually liked.

    Taking the communicator that the plant left on the table before once more moving behind the door, he slowly turned it over in his hand. Clipping it onto a strap on top of his shoulder he activated it at a very low volume, just barely a whisper for his senses as he left. His eyes scanning about him, senses outstretched for any danger as he left the meeting and began his first mission.

    If all went well, perhaps he could start actions soon? But the hard part of that of course, was pinning down the one's that the actions are to be against in such a way that they could not wiggle out. His red eyes gleamed slightly at that thought as he opened the door fully to leave.

    TAG: Ktala
  10. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Docking Station One

    "That ship -- do any of you recognize it?"


    "I don't," Zaydin replied as he made his way to the speeder while the others piled in, his brows furrowing in worry. Three Jedi and all of them have had the Force suppressed somehow. A strange and troubling turn of events indeed.

    So what now? With three of their team now practically incapacitated it was probably best to find someplace for them to rest up. Probably back to Kelsa's. Though, as he glanced up, the ship caused some curiosity to be piqued. And there had been those transmissions that the droid had spoken of before that had originated in the city that he had wanted to check out...

    "It seems like it may be coming in for a hard landing," he continued, his gaze focusing up on the ship as he stopped at the side of the speeder. "Might be good for one or two of us to check out."

    "Zaydin, Alexia... they're both far greater Jedi than I. We should be fine."

    The Knight barely caught it and he glanced back towards the speeder where Straven had been dumped with Cho Shai. Had he heard something? More importantly, had he heard it right? He tossed it aside for now as he looked back towards Qenmas, speaking a, "Come on. We'll get you to somewhere to rest up. Its probably only temporary."

    TAG: DarthXan318, Saintheart, Imp, Chukles, Ktala
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    DarthXan318, Sarge221 Chukles38, Imperial_Hammer, Saintheart
    The streets near Docking Station One, Wayland



    Cho-Shai Adimus shook his head; the roar of that ship's engines had been loud enough to interrupt his hearing, if only for a moment or two. But he had heard Qenmas Pacto's suggestions that the other Jedi stay back. "It isn't just him," said Adimus, nodding a head at Pacto. "My ability to sense the Force has been suppressed. Or removed, I don't know. I was on top of that crawler when it blew; it may be there was something about it which--" He shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Either way we should get out of here, as you say. That ship -- do any of you recognise it?" he asked as he clambered into the back of the speeder Alexia Rivers and Zaydin Ven had brought with them.

    "I don't," Zaydin replied as he made his way to the speeder while the others piled in, his brows furrowing in worry. "It seems like it may be coming in for a hard landing," he continued, his gaze focusing up on the ship as he stopped at the side of the speeder. "Might be good for one or two of us to check out."

    "Zaydin, Alexia... they're both far greater Jedi than I. We should be fine." Straven's voice was barely audible. Zaydin heard him say something. More importantly, had he heard it right? He tossed it aside for now.

    "Come on. We'll get you to somewhere to rest up. Its probably only temporary." Zaydin told the other Jedi.

    Straven Fermare placed his head in his hands as he tried to sort out the jumbled thoughts that incessantly bounced around his head.

    As the group tried to decide which place they should head for next, they moved their speeder out of the way of a large group of passing civilians being led out of the city by two of the cities guards.

    Suddenly their comlinks began to crackle to life once more.

    It was the Healer, Alkresh. Well, at least they were reasonably sure it was, as the signal was quite broken up.

    [Some... going on with ... in area. Moving ... *snapp-Crackle* wounded to .... bay area. Will attempt to rejoin in ... SNAP!/]

    The comlink was quiet once more.




    Mitth_Fisto
    Meetings of the Mine, Wayland



    What happened next was an interesting change of pace as the lizard left, and a plant with a living shadow emerged from two doors that hissed open. These new business associates were becoming more interesting by the second.

    Taking the communicator that the plant left on the table before once more moving behind the door, he slowly turned it over in his hand. Clipping it onto a strap on top of his shoulder he activated it at a very low volume, just barely a whisper for his senses as he left. His eyes scanning about him, senses outstretched for any danger as he left the meeting and began his first mission. He opened the door fully to leave. Hot air met him, as he scanned the area. It looked the same as before. Well, almost the same. One of the ships was gone. The trader vessel. And in its place was a stack of credits.

    Obviously, these folks were not into small talk.

    The wind picked up slightly, as off into the distance, some animal gave a lone howl. So far, it seemed as if things were heading off to a good start. But it was still only a start. He would have much work to do, setting things up, to get the information his employer requested.

    What would happen next, would depended on Sil Ubrik's next actions.

  12. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Jin Rei Amarant, Jedi Knight
    Aboard the Delfin,Wayland

    Jin Rei stared speechless for long moments as Vin Yadel rested with her eyes closed. She more than deserved to....especially after what she'd done.

    "Did she really land the ship using the Force!? Oh.....wow...!"

    The young Jedi Knight could not help but to be VERY impressed.

    Of course, Jin Rei knew such Force feats were possible, it was just that he'd never experienced anything THAT extraordinary before. As it was, It took him a moment to reclaim his focus and composure, but after doing so, Jin Rei undid the safety-lock on his seat and got up.

    "I'll take a quick look to see if all is well aboard."

    With that, Jin Rei walked out of the ship's cockpit. "Tralla..." He called out aloud, hoping to see Vin Yadel's companion. "Here girl. Are you alright. Let us see you..."

    Jin Rei walked along hoping to catch a glimpse of Tralla and see if she was ok. Then he wanted to check on Master Damkor, and finally on Tai-gen.

    Jin Rei shook his head slightly as he thought of the troubled padawan. There was little he could personally do for him, hence they needed to place him in the custody of more capable Jedi. But until then, it was their duty to see to his safety, which was proving to be quite a challenge, given recent events.

    "Master Damkor! Tai-gen! is everyone alright. Please, answer. Hello...?"

    The young Jedi knight paused to think. Everything was so quiet. Yes, they'd made it to Wayland, but barely, and there seemed to be some sort of conflict up in the planet's low orbit. What could that be about? Were the other Jedi involved?

    Speculation was not going to help and Jin Rei could not worry about that just yet, thought he did make mental notes. A moment later, he too closed his eyes and reached out with the force to see if he could sense the whereabouts of the others somewhere within the ship.

    Tag: Ktala (chanbill)
  13. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Qenmas Pacto
    Location: Wayland

    Qenmas still was antsy about this whole affair. The strange interference with his force powers worried him, even if it didn't Master Adimus and the other male he was with. But they were all getting into the vehicle, and they would want him to go with them. The roar of a ship caught Qenmas' attention, the Knight still frozen in thought. As suddenly as his force powers were taken away, something stirred within him. It was still garbled, but it was the clearest message he'd had up until now. The ship had allied force users in it. The Tra'felli.

    Qenmas curled his upper lip at the thought. Heretics. There was nothing worse than those who twist the pure and good teachings of the Order. But if this group was the only way out. Well, then perhaps they would have to do. This whole fiasco on Wayland needed to be put to an end.

    A voice from the speeder disturbed Qenmas' thoughts...

    "Come on. We'll get you to somewhere to rest up. Its probably only temporary."

    Qenmas looked to who said that, seeming to be visibly in a daze. It was one the male force user from the temple.

    "Right." the Knight said, looking around for a moment, then climbing in the back of speeder. He took a seat next to the male who had spoke to him.

    "That ship has Tra'felli on it." he said to Master Adimus. "I imagine they would be able to shuttle us up out of here."

    TAG: Jedi Group
  14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Docking Station One

    "That ship has Tra'felli on it."


    Zaydin looked back at Qenmas as soon as the word Tra'felli was issued from his lips. He remembered the word alright, even if it felt like a lifetime since they had stumbled across that datapad that had been given to them back at the Temple.

    The datapad that mentioned that they had been contacted...

    "They could give us a little help," Zaydin replied while he sent a glance towards Alexia.

    Maybe they could get answers. More and more, as their little mission continued, it seemed as if Wayland was no mere coincidence when they had first looked through the datapad. There was Anna, the strange tank, and now the appearance of a ship from the Tra'felli.

    Now the link to all of this and what would come next? That wasn't going to be until later. And no doubt there would be a lot more trouble along the way until they figured that out.

    TAG: DarthXan318, Chukles, Ktala, Hammer, Saintheart
  15. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Alexia Rivers
    Docking Station One, Wayland

    Tra'felli - the group from the datapad? Alexia risked a glance upwards as she flew. The shuttle seemed to be heading towards the outskirts of the city, coincidentally in the general direction they were heading anyway. Hm. The datapad did mention they'd been contacted ...

    "They could give us a little help," Zaydin noted. Alexia, keeping her eyes on the road, didn't miss the little glance he shot her as he spoke. She hid a grimace. When did she become mission commander?

    When everyone senior got Force-bombed, her memory pointed out reasonably, and you're driving

    "Right then," Alexia said, turning a corner. "Should we pick up Anna first? I think she'll be safe with Kelsa, but I don't want to leave her there for too long..."

    TAG: Sarge, Saint, Imp, Chuks
  16. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Sli Ubrik
    Leaving Meeting of the Mine, Wayland

    Murmuring to himself about the situation, listing off what sat before and around him as his head twitched left, right, up, down, before he took that fateful step forward.

    Always a fateful event that first step as an old one once said, for once it is taken it can never be taken back without much death...and if the ability to bring such death is unobtainable then that step is more binding than any contract and more slow to change in time or form than bedrock.

    Opening satchils he began taking the left credits as the message played, his first payment, and his next first step would await him when he knew what he was to assess and the situation it currently was in.

    Until then, he would just have to get there.

    TAG: Ktala
  17. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Zaydin Ven
    Wayland, Docking Station One


    That's right, Anna was still back at Kelsa's.

    "She should be fine for a little longer," Zaydin replied. Despite feeling uncomfortable about leaving Anna alone - considering her situation - with a person that they had only recently met, it was better then dragging her around all over Wayland to more uncertainties.

    Such as the Tra'felli vessel. Other then having no idea about the Tra'felli, Zaydin had no idea what part they had in all of this; whether Wayland or Anna herself. Any previous actions they had undertaken were unknown to their group so they had no idea if this was perhaps a group that resorted to more extreme measures that the Jedi Order were already divided on.

    And then, of course, there were the other dangers of Wayland that was just waiting for Anna to come back into the open...

    "Let's wait and see what we find."

    TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala, Chukles, Saintheart, Imp
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    NOTICE

    The GM is NOT dead! :p

    Even if it seems like rigamortus has set in. I shall be doing an update shortly.



    :D
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.