main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Horizons News On Indy 4 (MAJOR spoilers)

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediOverlord, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    According to Dark Horizons, John Hurt will play Abner Ravenwood In Indiana Jones 4.

If true,this would jibe with Karen Allen coming back and appearing as Marion Ravenwood.

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Awesome! I wonder if he is taking Henry Jones' role in the rewrite. I just wonde rif they'll address what happened to him in Raiders.

3. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Oh, well. It'll do even though I was hoping for him to play a villain like in Vendetta.

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    When you post new information please have a link to the article and website. Thanks.

Here's the article:

From From Dark Horizons

Some interesting photos of preparation in New Mexico for shooting on the upcoming "Indiana Jones IV". Meanwhile with Connery gone, speculation is turning rife that John Hurt's role will be that of the 'thought dead' Abner Ravenwood, who's technically also the Shia LaBeouf character's grandfather.

I following the link at Dark Horizons about the New Mexico photos and didn't see any.

5. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
  6. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Great find! Though I did think Hurt would be a bad guy I think this is somewhat refreashing to read.

7. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

I kinda hope that isn't true.

8. bluesaber70

May 25, 2007

I second that. I hope it isn't true either. Though I don't think it is.

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's article from /flim.

Indiana Jones 4: John Hurt to play Albert Einstein?
    Posted on Sunday, June 10th, 2007 at 5:16 pm by: Peter Sciretta

A /Film spy sent us a juicy casting bit for the lastest Indiana Jones adventure. The source tells us that John Hurt (who was announced this past week) will be playing the charachter of famous german theoretical physicsm, Albert Einstein. We have no way to confirm this information, but here are the facts:

Einstein was supposedly included in the infamous Frank Darabont draft of Indiana Jones 4, which has now been scrapped. Some people say that some of the ideas and plot from that draft made it into David Koepp?s current draft of the film.

This would not be the first time that a historical figure would be on screen in the Indiana Jones series. Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler both made a brief appearances in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The big flaw in this rumor comes from historical data: The shop owners on location in New Haven, CT were told that the film was set in 1957. And the window dressing and sign-age would reflect that year. However, Einstein died on April 18, 1955 at the age of 76. John Hurt is 67 years old, and could probably play Einstein in the last 15-20 years of his life, realistically. May-be Einstein didn?t die in 1955 according to the proposed storyline. Or may-be the Einstein parts are included in flashback or prelude, as has been used in the other films of the series.

So as of right now, we can?t confirm or deny this rumor.

Actually sounds like a fun idea, despite the fact the timelines don't match up.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ehh...I'm really not liking the info in that article. Seems too far-fetched to me.

As for Abner Ravenwood - depending on his age prior, would it even be plausible for him to be alive in this point in time? Maybe this is just me, but I've always pictured him as a fatherly figure.

11. DrSartorius

Feb 6, 2007
    That's a good point. Its still possible he could be in his 70s-80s....

12. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003
    I am betting on the John Hurt playing Abner Ravenwood rumor. The interesting thing is; if this rumor is true, why would Abner Ravenwood fake his death? Marion Ravenwood told Indiana that her father was dead in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.[face_thinking]

Maybe Abner Ravenwood was abducted by aliens and presumed dead, then at the end of Indy 4 he is brought back like in Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.[face_alien_1] :p

13. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I think it may be Lucas' way of eliminating Henry Jones from te script. Ravenwood is still Lebouf's grandfather just like Henry and Indy's mentor.

14. DrSartorius

Feb 6, 2007
    Or maybe Abner discovered some ancient civilization and was missing ever since. Maybe Marion presumed he was dead because he was missing.

15. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I definitely don't think he will be playing Einstein. Silly rumors.

16. bluesaber70

May 25, 2007
    I must say that I'm more than a little interested if Hurt does indeed play Einstein. I gues that is a rather interesting twist I wasn't thinking about. Could be fun!

17. Emp

Emp Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    Maybe he's Abner in a flashback ?

18. Lavaman

Lavaman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2003

Yeah! I definately like the idea of Abner Ravenwood being still alive, and having it tie in with the Plot of Indy 4 somehow.

19. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm starting to like the Abner Ravenwood idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.