main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Horse to adapt 1313 and First Assault?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 6, 2013.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    http://clubjade.net/?p=48873

What do you think? Should DH adapt the games to comics now that it's almost certain they will never be released? Personally I think they should adapt 1313 ONLY if the story is good. As for First Assault I don't think it had much of a story, so I don't really care. Also if somehow DH gets to make 1313, what do you think about the old proposal of adapting TFU 3 and finally wrapping Starkiller's story? Personally I am not a fan of the TFU series, but if you consider them canon than the story must be finished. Opinions?

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    First Assault was a multiplayer shooter, so I don't think a comic would capture the fun of it, to put it mildly.

1313 could be interesting, but it sounds like they changed the story a lot and had decided on a final one before the end...

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You are right that the TFU story needs to continue somehow.

4. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I wish there was a ray of hope that DH would keep the license but stories like these keep pushing that ray farther and farther back into the dark

5. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing the TFU story continue in comic form and I wouldn't mind a comic series for 1313. But First Assault didn't seem like a story based game...

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    TFU3 comic? Hell yes.

1313? Until it was about Boba Fett, I'd have said sure, why not? But now... my interest has dropped.

First Assault? Seems more about the multiplay than story, so not interested in another story about the first time the Death Star Plans were obtained, or whatever cliche it probably featured.

dewback_rancher and Riven_JTAC like this.
  7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    This is a ridiculous idea. I love Dark Horse, always have always will, but no matter what DH did with any of this would never compare to the sales of a video game. Even at $3.50 an issue sales of 50,000 issues wouldn't touch of 1,000,000 games at $60 a pop. When 1313 gets picked up it will be by another video game developer.

8. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, that was certainly a fatalist blog entry.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Coming October 2014: Darth Vader and Video Game Cancellation.

11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd read it. I've become a Star Wars Dark Horse addict. :cool:

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Considering we know next to nothing about these games' stories, my general reaction is... um, why? Dark Horse would be better served by creating original content, not feeding on leftovers of dubious quality. Especially not leftovers that were intended for a completely different medium.

Should they use elements of 1313, like TCW did? Yes, please. Adapt it wholesale? No.

EDIT: I'm definitely open to a TFU3 comic, especially if it was done by the Ghost Prison team and provided a good conclusion to the series. However, if I were Dark Horse, I'd be leery of jumping in too soon. LucasArts is dead, but that doesn't mean that Disney won't license a TFU3 game at some point in the future.

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

That poor R2 unit!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    1313 comic could be pretty cool, more so if they don’t use Boba for it. As on TFU 3, only if everyone dies because Juno needs to go, Starkiller so needs to go and Rahm needs to be dead before Luke gets anywhere close to the Rebellion.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  15. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love it if they used Dash Rendar instead of Boba Fett if they ever were to make a comic of 1313!

Reaper63, Minez01 and Riven_JTAC like this.
  16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    This.

Blackman began his apology for TFU when he gave us Ghost Prison. If he were to complete that by giving us a Ghost Prison quality TFU3 in which Darth Vader doesn't suffer rivals and purges Starkiller from the annals of time, then his apology shall be complete and TFU can at last be forgiven. :p

dewback_rancher and spicer like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    TFU3 -- where we learn it was all a dream.

dewback_rancher likes this.
  18. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    This has always been the central problem of TFU - that canon, movie canon even, demands the death of pretty much all Rebel principals at some point in the story. That sort of thing is a major downer that doesn't play well in the American entertainment market, especially in the video game arena. 'Hey I just controlled this guy for twenty hours and now he dies a scripted death I can't stop - lame!'

A move to comics might actually make the inevitable carnage of TFU's conclusion somewhat more palatable.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    That’s why it should have ended with TFU 1, it might have had problems, but Starkiller just being dead, whilst Juno and Rahm can die heroically in some tie in material, would have solved the whole thing.

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Just like the end of St. Elsewhere. I want it to be a young child looking into a Hoth snowglobe and we learn that the whole thing was in his or her imagination. That is the only thing that can forgive the sin of Bail, Mon Mothma, and Garm being captured and taken to the Death Star to face the Emperor. Oh, and don't think I have forgotten or forgiven the stupid idea to make the Marek family crest the source of the Rebel symbol either. :mad:

--Adm. Nick

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nonsense. Of course Bail Organa would be allowed to continue serving in the Senate right in the open after being caught red-handed fomenting actual treason.

JackG and Gorefiend like this.
  22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    His Imperial Majesty is either WAY to benevolent or WAY to stupid. Cause, its not like we can blame the developers of the game, right? :p

--Adm. Nick

23. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    +1 to this. Though I'm not sure how it would fit with Rendar's history in the family business/imperial academy stuff, but I'm sure there could be a small period of time that he spends down there lying low.

I wouldn't mind comics of TFU and 1313 being made, but only if they're sure that the games aren't going to be picked up and made. Having said that, I find that the recent comics coming out from other material I generally read because I love the art, not so much the story, so I'd be happy to see 1313 come out with some cool illustration in there with a lot of vibrant characters and locations in the lower levels.

General Immodet likes this.
  24. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Howbout this...adapt 1313 into a VIDEO GAME!!?? :D:cool::D

And I dig the idea of making Dash the main character of said game, whoever's idea up there that was!!

Reaper63 likes this.
  25. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    if you Keep Fett FAR, FAR away from 1313, I'm all in for a continuing Comic based on the game. Hell, name the 2 Stand ins in the Trailers. Give then names and let's get a decent story going. Hutts, Black Sun,. The Rise of Xizor, local thugs, Scam artists, crooked enforcers and Imperials everywhere. I like the idea of Dash showing up. Hell, if set in the right timeline, Smuggler Han, Talon Karrde, and others can show up for Runs.

Let's get this done!!!!