main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Interventions: A Far Future Epic - Announcement 12/20... up for adoption.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarkDroid, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ? Shadows of the Past

?Oh no! Please, anything but the drill!? 3PO pleaded, begging for mercy.

3PO laid on an examination table, surrounded by Yevetha scientists drabbed in black and silver robes, inspecting and probing the droid. They soldered circuitry, drilled into the droid?s programming, and searched his memory.

The droid was the closest he ever came to pain. ?The Maker!? 3PO wailed. ?What did I do to deserve this??

The Yevetha ignored his pleas for mercy, continuing work on the droid. They had pulled over most of his shining, golden exterior, digging into wires and circuits like rodents with pesky and intrusive tools.

The drill had finally done its job, inserted to the side of 3PO?s head, extracting information. On a data screen just inches from view, the Yevetha looked at the droid?s memory with curious eyes.

Useless pictures flashed through, cycling from one boring homestead to another, cycling through desert terrain much like the spawn world. But then, something caught the scientist?s interest; there was a video of a great, gray, spherical ship, much like the Yevethan thrustships. A stream of deadly, green and red lit energy poured from what appeared to be a giant dish that supported eight crystal emitters around the rim. Then the Yevetha saw an entire planet explode upon contact with the beam. Their lips curled at the sight of mass destruction. Next there seemed to be starfighters buzzing over the ship?s city-block surface, diving into a trench of some sort with other fighters trailing them.

The Yevetha watched as the gigantic super weapon explode at the hands of a talented, young vermin pilot, when a pair of particle weapons were aimed at what appeared to be a small exhaust port. The scientists grimaced at the explosion of such a magnificent weapon.

More pictures flashed through quickly; the Yevetha saw snowy battlefields and towering war machines; a city floating in the sky with faceless, white soldiers marching through the streets; a space battle above a green and fertile planet and what appeared to be another incomplete version of the gigantic super weapon that had seen earlier; and a skirmish in the woods with more of the faceless warriors, and furry little beings with crude weapons that made the Yevetha cringe with hatred.

They saw a blue-skinned man dressed in white and gold with fearsome red eyes, standing on the bridge of a capital ship; they saw a lush, jungle planet dotted with tall pyramids and; they saw more soldiers with laser swords tainted with a variety of colors, batting the faceless warriors; and they saw terrible monstrosities lumbering over a water world, spreading destruction in their wake.

The Yevetha weren?t prepared for what they saw next?

They saw themselves, their ancestors, fighting. The vermin attacked the spawn world as it appeared in the video, but the Yevetha fought back valiantly. The Yevetha scientists were confused? puzzled and dazed. Soon, another picture flashed; thrustships, much smaller than the ones presently, floated in space, but instead of celebrating victory the ships were burning, dead at the will of the vermin. The scientists hissed, and soon, switched to another picture.

The next images frightened them as well.

Screaming, scarred beings filled the screen, wielding weapons unlike any Yevetha had seen before. They were different from the vermin, much different indeed. 3PO?s examiners watched videos as these ugly, fearsome aliens disposed of several vermin in cruel and unthinkable ways. They watched moons collapse onto planets; ships absorbing lasers blasts and fire lava; a tall and dark figure sitting on a throne, accompanied by a flailing jester; a vermin reaching for his ugly nose, pulling it to reveal one of these scarred, frenzied aliens; and finally, an alien world covered with exotic trees and ferocious carnivores.

The Yevetha saw the alien?s destruction afterwards. The alien world was in ruin, with those scarred beings running aimlessly, either frightened or battle ready. And in t

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Poor Threepio.

3. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    He always seems to have the worst of luck, doesn't he? :p

4. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Upping...

Updates will come every Friday now. :D

5. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ? Battle of the N?zothian Desert

Alliance troopers moved out in dozens, perhaps hundreds in a group; with tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of ground troopers in total. Carrying heavy blaster rifles, fragmentation grenades and thermal detonators at their belts, armor hanging from their shoulders and over their chests and courage in their hearts, they strode towards battle, marching forward to meet the defenses of Hariz.

Beside the infantry formations, which were organized perfectly according to Alliance strategists and tacticians, treaded the AT-MLs; the huge tanks with angled missile racks strapped to their rear, finally put to action after years of nothing but field testing. Speeders and personal walkers flanked the missile tanks and infantry, wielding laser cannons powerful enough to pierce through the heavy armor of the Yevethan enemy; if the enemy had armor that is.

The plan for the Alliance ground forces was to pummel the walls of the fortress city from the west side, and to breach past the defenses to allow the assault troopers and speeders to invade the city. The three gunships above accompanied the ground forces, along with several wings of starfighters. Already, had the capital ships begun coloring the dark sky with bright laser fire; but every shot fired was not meant to harm, only to warn the Yevetha forces of incoming attack. Of course, it was already plain to see that war was coming, had the Yevetha bothered to peek from the windows of their high-rise twisted, buildings and see the terrible sight of three large ships coming towards them, bristling with guns.

Gunblades and Eradicators skimmed the desert surface, blowing sand and earth into the air. Troops carrying heavy loads braved the desert trek, nearing the great walls of Hariz. The AT-MLs left tracks in the sand as the tanks treaded towards the west side of Harzi?s barricade.

Commander Dannex watched the Alliance Army on her view screen, gazing upon a glorious sight. The might of the Galactic Alliance would not be matched by the Yevethan forces, or so she thought. She whisked around, and began pacing on the command deck, nervous while the men and women of the Alliance Army worked about, all low-ranking officers under her order. Her eyes trailed aimlessly to watch aliens and humans alike backtrack between posts, relaying messages and commands, or maybe even targeting information from the gunners and visual scanning reports from scouting starfighters.

She didn?t care about the little things now; she could only worry about the battle at hand. Dannex loved the fact that she had been given the command over thousands of fighters just a mere distance below her raging gunship. A feverish, corrupted grin soon replaced her frown. Dannex approached a handsome-looking, human male officer, who saluted upon the Commander?s wishes. ?Officer Tan, you have permission to begin the bombardment of Harzi.?

The officer gave the Commander a worried expression. ?Are you sure that is wise? We must be careful not to provoke the Yevetha forces within the city. We do not know for certain how much firepower they have in their arsenal!? The young man retorted.

?Does it matter, officer Tan?? Dannex asked rhetorically. ?We know we will win. Look at the size of our formations, and then look to theirs; nothing but a few hundred guards on the tops of the walls!? Her eyes seemed to glow red with anger and retribution. ?Tell me officer Tan, do you defy my command??

Dannex saw Tan shook, trembling with fear of her. ?No, Commander Dannex, I do not. My loyalty is with the Galactic Alliance, and I shall do as I am told.? He was gone to relay the orders to fire at will. Dannex?s lips curled into a satisfying smirk.

?The attack will be swift and just,? she murmured to herself, turning her gaze towards the lit city of Hariz, home to the wretched Yevetha scum.

?Firing, Commander Dannex!? a call came from officer Tan.

?Hold your positions.? She ordered, raising an open palm. ?Show them no mercy.? She finally cr

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Silly, silly overconfident Commander Dannex.

Never let a woman be in charge of your military forces, that's what I say :p

7. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Naughty, naughty Spike... [face_shame_on_you] :p

All I can say is <SPOILERS> look for the REVENGE OF DANNEX coming soon! Perhaps in Destiny's Shadow.

Just think... why were the dead screaming at her? And no, she's not a nut case. Just one of my crazy subplots. </SPOILERS> :p

Oh, and just for a little, random tidbit about myself today... I got fired from my first job... at a blueberry farm. 8-}

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh, and just for a little, random tidbit about myself today... I got fired from my first job... at a blueberry farm

[face_laugh]

9. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    OK, the update today may seem strange... it's appropriately called "Attack of the Clones" in the edited version. It may be difficult to follow, but to make it easier I will post every chapter again (editing each post) with the correct edited version.

I won't be able to do it tonight either. Look for the massive update tomorrow! :D

10. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    OK! The revision has begun! :D

The Prologue and chapters one and two have been edited! I will be doing three chapters a day, and until then, the newest chapter will come!

Wow... what an excuse to lean me away from fan fiction and concentrate on summer homework. Wait. Did I say that out loud? :p ;)

Oh, and in other news, I have begun writing original fiction. :D :D :D

11. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ? Attack of the Clones

?Isn?t this lucky??

Ravo had just incinerated a blast door with a carefully placed thermal detonator. After his group walked past the burning embers and remains of the door way, they found the trap door from which Ravo and the others had entered the Yevethan city. He motioned for the others to quickly descend after revealing the dark passage way.

Daeshor climbed down first along with Huugo. Ravo poked his head down and spoke to the two Jedi. ?Sorry about your lightsabers.? He said sympathetically.

Daeshor reassured him that it was alright and that the Jedi were pleased to have only their lives, since they could rebuild their weapons. The three anonymous smugglers climbed down the shaft, grunting and complaining about their route of escape. The last of them stalled, but Ravo managed to ?convince? him by kicking the smugglers? grasping fingers. He fell with a thud at Ravo?s delight.

Ravo swung his blaster towards the hole, signaling that it was Jizzlar?s turn. The Talz was reluctant and roared in protest. ?C?mon, Jizz, you know Koldar killed that? whatever it was? it?s safe to go down there now.?

Jizzlar accepted Ravo?s point, but not with a threatening snort. Ravo looked back into the corridor that they had come through before he jumped down. ?I wonder how the others are doing?? He said quietly to his self, and climbed down the darkening shaft.

One by one the Yevethan troopers fell to deadly blaster fire emitted by the fearless finger twitch of Warren the Corellian. ?Take that!? He, along with the accompanying Sullustan and Mon Calamarian, yelled. His wrist recoiled after each violent blast from the rifle. The desolate and plain-looking hallways became littered with the bodies of fallen, unarmored Yevetha within seconds of their arrival in the corridor.

Leonie gave Warren a cautioning glance. ?If you don?t shut up, they?re going to send an entire army at us.? She stepped away from the smuggler to stand over the nearest Yevethan corpse. She threw away her petty blaster pistol in favor of a bigger rifle. After she loaded the rifle with a fresh charge pack, she gave the smuggler a displeasured look. ?If you?re going to kill something here, make sure you?re quiet.?

3PO stepped over the bodies, terrified. R10 rolled beside him, maneuvering through the hallway and past the corpses. ?Oh, what a dreadful situation we?re in.? 3PO said. R10 confirmed with a series of beeps.

Zak who was ahead of everyone else turned back to the droids and held his index finger to his mouth in warning. 3PO covered his small, inanimate slit for a mouth with his hands. ?My apologies Master Zak,? and so the droid continued silently this time.

Zak signaled for R10 to come forward to the only blast door ahead of them. The group had been wandering for an hour, but there seemed to be no end to this maze-like complex. ?Do your sensors pick up anything Arten?? Zak asked in caution.

R10 wooed, his domed head twirling around in excitement.

3PO translated. ?There seems to be an undeterminable number of life forms beyond that door, but Arten reports that they seem to be in some sort of state of hibernation. Most unusual for these Yevetha creatures I must say after studying them with Master Skywalker.?

Zak ordered R10 to come forward and hack into the door?s controls. Leonie and the others came closer to the end of the hallway cautiously. Each of them pointed towards the door way, in case the Yevetha had decided to pull a trick on them and ambush the group.

With a hurried pace, R10 had successfully overridden the system. The doors part in the middle vertically and slid apart with hissing gears and hydraulics. To their surprise, there was no ambush, no sudden attack. R10?s scanners had been right about there being no active beings. But there was something else wrong.

There was a complete darkness in the room before them, veiling whatever details may have been implemented. Zak had an eerie feeling cross his mind as he stepped forward into the shadow.

12. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    *Black background... STAR WARS logo appears... Imperial March begins to play*

[Narrator] DARK INTERVENTIONS is past... the second episode of the epic MASK OF THE SITH series begins...

*STAR WARS logo disappears... Imperial March still plays... blaster fire is heard... followed by the snap-hiss of several lightsabers soon thrumming wildly*

*Then is a sudden twist, heavy breathing is heard*

[Unknown Male Character 1] They call him the Enforcer of Evil's Will... The Sith General...

*a strip of blazing red appears cutting the screen in half vertically... eyes, bloodshot and evil-looking, appear on either sides of the remaining black screen... breathing is still heard*

[Unknown Female Character 1] They say he has been reborn... a more powerful incarnation of the last. He is pure evil...

*laughing is heard, mocking and evil sounding... the eyes appear to become more tense as they grow smaller*

[Unknown Male Character 2] Corellia will fall... and soon New Coruscant. The Alliance will collapse. The Galaxy will fall into darkness.

*the screen turns black again for a spilt second... Duel of Fates begins to play... a vicious space battle is shown... followed by an intense duel between Leonie and a man drabbed in all black, his face covered by a hood*

[Unknown Male Character2] The Emperor will claim his desires... it is inevitable.

*the screen turns to black and a faint picture of teh Mask of teh Sith appears: a white, curved facade with a cruel smile and evil eyes carved into the mask... the same evil laugh echoes again... everything disappears in a billow of fire and spewing lava*

[Unknown Male Character 2] He will travel to Korriban to claim his prize... stop him at all costs.

[Unknown Male Character 3] Yes, Master.

[Unknown Male Character 2] Remember... you are the Savior of the Jedi... you cannot fail.

[Unknown Male Character 3] I will not, Master.

*Centerpoint is shown, with several Alliance and thrustships, as well as an unknown type of war ship, battling near... Corellia is in the distance*

[Unknown Male Character 4] My Master... Centerpoint will not be used by the Jedi to win this war... I assure you this. If I should fail, I shall die.

[Unknown Male Character 5] Destroy them all... destroy Centerpoint... destroy the Jedi Savior...

*picture flashes to Leonie dueling with the dark figure inside the Jedi Temple on New Coruscant*

[Narrator] Secrets will be revealed...

[Leonie] You will not win! Coruscant will not fall!

[Unknown Male Character 4] I will have to win sometime... I will break you Jedi... your very soul will be torn... I have greivous news of your friend...

[Leonie] No... No!

[Unknown Male Character 4, Laughing] Yes!

*using a Force Push the dark man pushes Leonie out of a window, leaving her to hang onto a rail for dear life*

[Unknown Male Character 4] Now I will make you remember...

*music ends... black screen... title appears*

MASK OF THE SITH: EPISODE II
    DESTINY'S SHADOW

COMING WINTER 2004

*breathing finally stops*

Now the preimere of the next installment in the epic Mask of the Sith series!

The squad of shocktroopers wasted no time placing themselves behind the guard rails that separated them from falling to the lower level of the palace. Their blaster rifle muzzles slipped past the cemented support beams, spraying death towards the fleeing Jedi Knights. One shocktrooper stood at the top of the stair case, showcasing a shining, tiny globe trapped in his grasp that flashed red and beeped as the seconds rolled by. Aero instantly recognized the device as a thermal grenade. ?Get down!? he told his Bothan apprentice, who did as he was told without hesitation, seeking cover from what could be a deadly explosion.

The shocktrooper clenched the grenade tightly, speeding the ticking timer. His moving arm gave the explosive device the momentum to fly towards Aero. Aero was ready, deflecting shots continuously. The grenade rolled in the air, twirli

13. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    A little up! :) Trying to get some of my old readers back... :p

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Okay. I'm back permanently now, so it seems I have a lot to catch up on. :)

15. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Nice to have you back Spike. :)

The next update will come along as soon as I have it ready... it's quite the action sequence.

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah, a nice bit of action to welcome me back. Sounds great. :D

17. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    The next update will come next week... in the meantime, UP this goes!

I'm going to be on the net a lot less now, because school is semestered, so I have a major test every two weeks now. :(

18. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR ? Ambitious Tactics

Standing by a holographic image of the battle, Feq Tusha watched the real dilemma through the thick transparasteel of his flag ship?s viewport in delight, amused by the Alliance?s unknowing. There the vermin ships wadded through the massive gap in the Yevethan armada, pulsating with deadly energy. Vermin and Yevethan fighters swarmed like flies alike, tearing one another apart entire storms of lasers. The battle would?ve seemed slanderous and sloppy to one who had no tactical sense.

But in the eyes of someone as gifted as Feq, the battle was a tactician?s dream. Everything was near perfect. The Alliance fleet is now moments away from utter annihilation, and the vermin were too ignorant and proud to see what the future held for them.

The Viceroy was genius, cunning and aware of the dangers of battle. Feq praised him for his leader?s worth as a military leader, but yet could not judge him as a great warrior, for the primate had not yet fought hand to hand with the supreme lord of the Yevetha.

Feq raised the order to fire with a silent notion to his lone inferior nitakka primate, clenching claw-tipped fingers into a threatening fist. The nitakka conformed and relayed the orders without any hesitation; the swiftness in communications between thrustships was vital for success, Tusha knew as well as many others trained in the delicate art of Yevethan warfare. It would certainly not be an easy task for the vermin Alliance to bring down the Yevethan transmission towers since the precious antenna were the most heavily armored and shielded external portion of many thrustships in Tusha?s war fleet. If the vermin would happen to disable the communications, Tusha swore he would show much more respect to their military strategies afterwards.

Each minor fraction of a second in between Tusha?s command the actual attack was accompanied by nervous twitches in his brain cage. Never before had he or any other primate of the Yevethan Navy Feq knows of had been so tense before a battle. The scale of this attack was astronomical in comparison to past recorded warfare Feq had witnessed. He knew it was absolute that his forces would rise victorious. He was convinced by the utterly wasted aggressiveness of the enemy war fleet. Feq Tusha is not revered by the Viceroy for errors but for perfection; mistakes were not allowed, and punished by shameful vermin bereavement.

In an instant the real battle had begun. Feq saw brilliant flashes of red light, pulsating steadily towards the Alliance fleet. The weapon emplacements had emerged from under their concealments in the belly of the thrustship; all one-hundred-fifty turbolaser batteries unfolded from depths of gears, generators and motors, manifesting protruding cannons that recoiled after each red bolt ejaculating into space. Missile racks extended like tiny tendrils on the surface of the spherical ships, firing almost immediately upon unfolding into attack position; most withdrew back into their hold to reload after dispensing most of their hundred-missile payload in less than ten seconds, a deadly and unfortunate statistic for Alliance tacticians, had they known the thrustships were actually armed with something other than gravity bombs.

It seemed to Feq that the Alliance was totally ill-equipped, just as he and countless other minor primates had predicted. Feq took a glance towards the scaled holographic picture to his right, analyzing the position of both fleets. Vermin craft were shaded with a deep red, while the thrustships were detailed with a navy blue, all of them against an orange background. Images of starfighter squadrons swarmed above and below every capital-class ship in the picture like insects to hives. As each vessel was destroyed, its illustration and identification codes vanished from the 3D-image of the fray. Placed in the middle of the holographic-demonstration was the nasty-looking?to Feq?s eyes at least?vermin flagship, the one that was named Enticement. True to its name the vermin super vessel was an extremely

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Take that Yevethan vermin!!!!

I love space battles :D

20. DarkDroid

Feb 3, 2004
    Going to UP this with a little update on the next chapter...

It's going to be suitably epic. Which means, it will be LLLLLOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGG.

SPOILERS: Zak duels Yaj. Tradegy for both good and evil transpires. :D [face_devil]

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Evil will always win, because good is dumb. :p

22. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    I haven't read much of the fic yet (not past the first chapter :) ) but how are there Yevatha when they all got killed in the NJO?

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    We never saw any of the other 12 Yevetha planets being wiped out in the NJO, so maybe some of them survived.

24. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    reasonable explaination

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey DD: You got writer's block? Where've you been?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.