main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Jaina: Was it fate?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LtSticks, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I think it is pretty obvious by now that Jaina's going to go dark on us somehow in the course of SBS and DJ, but I was looking thru the rest of the NJO and I was wondering if it was just obvious that she was going to fall some day, if not then. Maybe im just looking at it the wrong way, but:

Jaina's always been a fiery one, taking after both her parents. We all know what can happen to Jedi who let emotions get in the way...

Shes been pretty p****d off during the NJO, particularly in BP, Conquest and Rebirth, so like, it isnt really hard to go downhill even further from then.

Jaina and Fey'lya had a kind of face-off in which she showed a great deal of rage towards him. A sign of things to come?

I dont know if this is really pointing towards anything,or if the authors did it deliberately to show the slow spiral into darkness, but let us know what u think.

2. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Interesting theory. You're probably right.

3. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    You may have a point there. Luke, Mara, Kyp, Kam,and other Jedi have had to face darkness, why should the Solo kids be exempt? I think it is interesting to see a female turn. We've never seen a female go through that process.

Can't wait for Oct. 30!

4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    LtSticks, I think you may be right, from certain points of view.

The tension between Jaina and Leia, I'm not really surprised with that. A part of me knew that there's going to be a "reckoning" of sorts between the kids and their parents. Moreso with Leia than with Han. By reckoning I mean that the kids will sit down with their parents and have some serious conversations. Get the tension out. You know what I mean.

Have you read the YJK series? If not, I suggest you do. In Jedi Under Siege, Zekk told her that she and her brothers were too well protected from the Dark Side. I think we're beginning to see the result of this protection. She's got a lot of anger right now, and no one who posts their thoughts or threads here, or just come here to read what we're thinking about, will disagree with me. No one could have anticipated that things would degenerate to this degree, but I think Luke should have anticipated that there would be those who wouldn't look favorably upon the Jedi. And I don't mean the criminals. A la Borsk et. al. I don't think any of the younger Jedi have been trained to deal with this and the anger they would feel as a result. Tenel Ka might be the only exception, and you can thank the intrigue of the Hapan courts and her grandmother for that.

Overall, what I'm saying is that while I agree that Jaina would have trouble dealing with her anger, I didn't expect her to begin turning to the dark side. I think it won't be considered a spoiler when I say that by the end of Dark Journey Jaina will be back in the light. I also don't consider it a spoiler that the road back to the light won't be easy, but it won't be as hard as it was for Luke.

5. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    your more right than you know LtSticks.

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought she was going to turn soon because of those facts too.

7. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    More right than you know? Whaddaya mean, Exar Tull? C'mon, man, spill it!

8. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    spoliers

she use the dark side of the force to rescue some jedi i forget i will have to check either jimmy or jacen, particular force lightning.

9. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Check the postings on the major SBS death spoilers. It's mentioned there Exar-tull.

I think her view of politicians are the same as mine and Jagged Fel. Which means I'm certain she's not going to be entering politics, like her mother did.

One thing I am curious about. How could she have known how to use Force lightning? I've always believed that a Jedi must be taught a power before they can use it. I know that Luke doesn't know this power, and I'm certain none of the instructors at the praxeum would have taught the students any of the Dark Side Powers.

10. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Cancel post.

11. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe you can learn it by your hate. If she became that pissed off, then maybe it can "just happen."

12. exar-tull

Feb 22, 2001
    has everyone forgotten the shadow acdamie.
    yes anakin dies it's in another very large thread.

13. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd say no, but there is a lot of strife there for young kids. Why aren't they being shielded more? They're still minors and they're on the front lines. Not good. Tahiri's 14, the child needs to be in school. Don't tell she has nothing more to learn!

As for Jaina, there is that saying, what is bred in the bone comes out in the flesh.

14. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    It seems Force lightning is not of the Dark Side. Or Adi Gallia is Dark Sider in Jedi Starfighter game, since she can use it.

15. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm kinda thinking that Force Lightning is DSide. I mean what good could come out of using it?

16. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, it can be used to fry circuits in a ship or paralyse temporarily its pilots. (At least that's the use in JS...) That'd allow to avoid some kills.

17. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    That is extremely stupid that Jaina can use force lightning. In the movies its like the ultimate show of palpatines power. Now you have some child shooting lightning. Also if the lightning can harm the vong why can't a force choke.

18. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    In context it doesn't seem that stupid. She is furious. Absolutely furious.

19. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Hell hath no fury, and all that. And anyway, what are peoples reactions to her evil actions?

20. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    "Also if the lightning can harm the vong why can't a force choke."

If the lightning itself is harmful to Vong it doesn't matter how it was generated. A force choke would be trying to directly move a Vong's airway to close off, which wouldn't work because they don't exist to the Force.

21. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Jaina will probably go to the Dark side cause she's the ignored child. She's the "good" one. Jacen has his moral/philosophical dillemas, Anakin's mr. Perfect, Jaina's a pilot in rouge squad, but she's can't fly cause of politics, yeah, I can see her being bitter about being ignored (personal experience) and having a lot of anger about that. I mean, basically in Rebirth, Kyp was the only who payed attention to her. Luke just told her to find Kyp, and that's it. But then she gets pissed at Kyp, and everything goes downward from there.

Maybe Jaina becomes Kyp's apprentice and they both go to the darkside together...

~Obischick

22. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    You know Obi, that's what I've been thinking of for a long time! Kyp and Jania going dark that is.

Hey, I just had a thought! What if it isn't Jaina that turns but Tahiri? It would still fit and the book could still be focused around Jaina!

23. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Anakin's girlfriend in her own book? Not plenty likely. Well, I'd like it, but it'll never be done.

24. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Of course it would never happen, but if it did . . . [face_devil]

25. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Yeah... Tahiri reminds me of a friend - my best friend, actually. I moved away from her a coupla months ago, and I've been talking to her a lot ever since. But while I was moving, there were two weeks where I didn't talk to her at all. When I finally got back to her, she was quite indignant. It reminded me of Tahiri being pissed at Anakin for not saying a word to her for almost a year, back there. They even have the same hair color, her and Annie...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.