main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Jedi and Sith

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ulien, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Heretic

Jedi_Heretic Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    My point from the start the term Jedi refers only to those who adhere to the Jedi ways, if one does not fir in there then Jedi should not be in the description of that person unless it says former Jedi or soemthing along those lines.

2. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I see it that even though they have left the Order, they still were a Jedi, and they were trained in the Jedi ways. That's the difference between them and Sith.

3. Son_of_the_Suns

Son_of_the_Suns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    So then why are Darths Vader and Tyrannus considered Sith not Dark Jedi?

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Because they not only turned away from the Jedi Order, they made them their enemy.

5. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Both Vader and Dooku pledged their allegiance to the Sith by an affirmative oath; they did not just leave the tenets of the Jedi Order behind after exiting the order. This affirmation of loyalty to the Sith takes them out of the grey area of being a "dark" jedi and places them squarely within the ambit of being considered Sith.

Had they just left the order and started operating in a manner substantially reprehensible to the Jedi precepts then they might have just been referred to as Dark jedi.

Just my thoughts...

6. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Maybe that's it. Maybe what separates a Dark Jedi from a Sith is fear

Sith - They fear those who have the power to oppose them. The Jedi Council is something that must be destroyed at all costs.

Dark Jedi - They do not fear the Council. They just ignore it, or choose not to comply with them and their rules.

7. Son_of_the_Suns

Son_of_the_Suns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    I think that's actually a pretty interesting idea, though I had to play Devil's Advocate on the Vader thing.

I think that fear could be it, though Anakin doesn't seem to have the same fear of the Council that Sidious either has or pretends to have in order to convince Anakin that they really must act immediately.

8. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I think Anakin and Sidious both fear the Council. As soon as Mace died they went on to talk about how the Jedi would surely kill them both and all the Senate. Whether it was a lie or not, Anakin still feared it. He believed the Jedi were evil.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Because they joined Darth Sidious so as to learn the Sith teachings. That's the way I see it, at least.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Aye, but which term flows more smoothly: Dark Jedi, or Used to Be a Jedi Before Turning to the Dark Side But Not a Sith Lord?

11. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    I like the second one... It just ... gives you so much information... But if you decide that a Dark Jedi is a Jedi who left the order what with someone like Asajj?

12. Jedi_Heretic

Jedi_Heretic Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    This is not about what flows more freely from the tongue. This is about the seperation of the Jedi, Sith and other force users, as it was stated earlier it seems as though the term Jedi is to be used as a blanket term for anyone who uses the force, regardless of their loyalties and the way they lead their life.

There is no seperation that needs to be made for Jedi and Sith, it has already been done for us. Qui Gon Jinn made some decisons that were from what we understand are questionably against what the Jedi COuncil wanted, that does not mean he does not comply with the rules and/or ignore them all together. To call a Jedi dark is simply as I keep stating over and over ridiculous. It makes the Jedi duplicitous, and they are not that at all. The only example we really see of this is in teh Phantom Menace, Qui Gon even though he feels a strong urge to be somewhat rebellious is still confined by the code itself and must follow it, he appliews the rules, telling Anakin that he cannot train him, this was the will of the Council, instead although he disagreed for the time he followed their lead. To choose to not follow them or their rules leads to expulsion from the Jedi Order we can see eveidence of this in Attack of the Clones, when Anakin and Obi Wan are yelling at each other in the fighter about going back for Padme, this would be in violation of the Order or the code thus causing Anakin to be expeelled form the Order, thus he would no longer be a Jedi. The jedi have no reason to fear the Council, like Yoda said fear is the path to the darkside. remeber the term Dark used with Jedi is not one that should be used at all, you are simply one of the following, a Padawan Learner, Jedi Knight, Or Jedi Master, no more no less.

With that in mind the seperation between the Sith and the Jedi are easily understood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.