main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Jedi On Degobah

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJeff, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJeff

GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2005
    In the Thrawn trilogy it sais that Yoda went to Degobah to kill a Dark Jedi, i think it could be Dooku, any other theories?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    i though Yoda was already there when the Dark Jedi attacked? From VOTF and SOTP that was the impression i got.

I dont really think its Dooku, though.

3. GrandAdmiralJeff

GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2005
    oh well i dunno i just read the thrawn trilogy and that was the first possibility that cam to mind

4. jamesf24

jamesf24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    I think you'll find that Anakin will probably kill Dooku in ROS.

So that will rule him out. I've also wondered this question for a long time though.

James

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I didnt want to reveal the plot of ROTS.

Although it could always be a Dooku clone

6. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    In Zahn's "Vision of the Future," Jorj Car'das says that he witnessed the battle between Yoda and the Dark Jedi on Dagobah, and said something on the lines of they battle for a day until the Dark jedi was completely destroyed, consumed by the dark side, or something to that effect.

Thus, Dooku could not have been the Dark Jedi. Plus he's almost certainly killed during ROTS.

7. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Further, the Dark Jedi had essentially made Car'das his gunpoint-chauffeur, keeping him alive long enough to bring him to Dagobah after the rest of his crew had gotten noshed. The rest of it occurs as described above, with Car'das witnessing the day-long Force duel betwixt the two, which jibes with the account given in Heir to the Empire.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Folks, be mindful of ROTS spoilers, btw.

9. Ransel

Ransel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2003
    In Star Wars Tales, Volume 4, a Jedi named Minch, the same species as Yoda killed a Dark Jedi on Dagobah. This happen before the Clone Wars.

10. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    That was during the debatable canon issues though.

11. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    :: snort ::

To say the least. It's strictly AU, considering the "Minch" character is a mere padawan one hundred years after Yoda became a full-on Jedi Master. Not a bad wee yarn at day's end, but it takes MASSIVE creative "liberties" with the canon.

12. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Whoever that dark jedi was he must have been really powerful. I mean to face Yoda for a day is not an easy thing.

13. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Either way, I wanna see it happen!

Hear me Speilburg? Lucas?......Peter Jackson!!!!??

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    In the Thrawn trilogy it sais that Yoda went to Degobah to kill a Dark Jedi, i think it could be Dooku, any other theories?

Vision of the Future rules that theory out and explains a little about the Dark Jedi, though it doesn't give them a name. However, if I remember correctly, they may have been a Bphassi.

15. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It is a messed up timeline though. That was supposed to be 60 years earlier, as Leia was telling Luke.

Well, that could not have happened.

Unless Yoda went on some mission there, but how would there a be a reappearance of the Sith that early, with Yoda saying nothing about it?

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Dark Jedi =/= Sith, though.

NEGTC says the Bpfasshi Dark Jedi arrived soon after ROTS and was killed. I would have preferred it to have been beforehand, so that Yoda would have a reason to go to Dagobah to hide in the first place. Though perhaps something will be revealed in ROTS.

17. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    The Bpfassh Jedi fled to Dagobah near the end of the Clone Wars, according to the sources, obviously prior to EP3. Can't go into detail in here, but due to the film's sequence of events, it can't occur *during* the flick.

18. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    I believe what happened was, there was a Jedi group on Bfppash, and a group of them went rogue. I think it was 3, they never got out of the Sluis sector, but they cut a swath of destruction from Bpffash to Sluis Van, and the last one got to Dagobah. Two out of the 3 were stopped before they got far, but the last one as we know commandeered Cardas's ship (and Cardas). And that last one was killed by Yoda, and therefore creating the cave of darkside power where Yoda hid from the Emperor.

This would also be why the bfppash dont trust jedi no more :)

I forget all the sources..mostly Zahn stuff i think, TTT, Hand of Thrawn Duology, prolly a bit from somewhere else maybe. Planets and Systems guide i took a peek at a while ago.

19. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Why was it said that C'baaoth's battle with the Guardian was his own mental lie?

Why ruin a perfectly good chance to show him in action?

20. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    I just want to see the battle.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The Bpfassh Jedi fled to Dagobah near the end of the Clone Wars, according to the sources, obviously prior to EP3. Can't go into detail in here, but due to the film's sequence of events, it can't occur *during* the flick.

The Dark Jedi's arrival was after the Clone Wars, because Yoda had already seen Vader rise and the Jedi destroyed, and has settled on Dagobah. See NEGTC.

22. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, I know what the NECTC says, but that dog don't hunt.

Having recently re-read Zahn's duology only a month or two ago, it can confidently be stated that Car'das's recounting of the events to Karrde in his library *clearly* contradicts the later NEGTC's "version," since Jorj obviously -- in no uncertain terms -- places Yoda's battle there during the Clone Wars themselves.

Someone ought to ring up Dan Wallace on this. Send him a (poisoned) poison-pen letter, something.

23. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It must have been very strong what ever it was because it left such a dark side presense.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Just because we call the CIS-Rep war the Clone War doesnt mean the galaxy says it ends after 22 BBY. The Clones went on to subjugate the galaxy, and the 'clone wars' coulda continued, in peoples perceptions.

And they had to clear out all those seppie worlds and all those Jedi. The Clone Wars didnt end in 20BBY, so the Battle at Dagobah technically was within the clone wars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.