main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Journey Synopsis (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Go to TFN Books for the spoiler synopsis - please keep all discussion about it in this thread. Remember the consequences of breaking the spoiler rule...

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    will do. thanks

3. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i just read it. i doesnt sound as good as i thought it would. now im having second chances of getting it. ill probably get it any way though.

4. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    thank you! thank you! thank you!

5. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    They should kill that ****** Ta'chume.

6. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Hmm, after reading that it doesn't sound like much of anything occurs in it. Anakin's funeral and Jaina's apprenticeship seem to be the only items of importance, at least from reading that synopsis. A lot of the Hapes stuff seems random, especially the offer of having Jaina marry Isolder and the assassination. I'm hoping there are some good reasons for that stuff that are explained in the book.

And why must there be a battle between Jaina and Jacen in the next book? I thought Jacen wasn't even going to appear until Traitor.

Anyway, I'll still be picking the book up and at the very least some characters will get some more development, which is always a good thing.

7. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    That part about the forthcoming battle between Jaina and Jacen was the reader's conclusion only...

8. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    See! I said in that other thread that Kahlee Lah would be the Vong to die!

So Jaina's beginning to come back to the lightside already? hmm...

And Jaina's in love with Jag? Looks like she might have made her choice...

I'm a bit worried about this book now... it may not live up to my expectations... pity there's not much luke...

anyway, those are my thoughts...!

9. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, seems good.

I knew Kyp weren't bad. :D

10. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    That part about the forthcoming battle between Jaina and Jacen was the reader's conclusion only...

Ok, it kind of sounded that way.

Anyway... anyone found it odd that Jaina can fall for Jag so quickly? I guess I can't judge it completely, but I hope that at the very least they're relationship has some real development in the book and doesn't randomly just start to come together.

11. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Remember she IS a teenager, and teenagers can fall in and out of love rather quickly, it could be just more than a crush, etc...

12. Jedi_Knight_James

Jedi_Knight_James Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2001
    Thankyou SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Gatherer! I'm really disappointed about Teneniel Djo dying, 'cos I think she's really cool, but anyway, DJ doesn't look that bad. It doesn't look like there is much fighting though. Anyway...does Jaina end up permanently with Jag?

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Based on the synopsis, this book sounds a little underwhelming, but then again,I think any book would coming off the amazing SbS. Looks like we can finally put to rest the "Is he dead, is he alive?" questions....unfortunately.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Looks like he's really dead, then.

15. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Wow... Jaina and ___... amazing... and T'chume... naughty woman. Maybe I can incorperate thewhole Yammosk tracking thing into my Fanfic...

16. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    thanks for the heads up on that.

It doesn't sound like what I was kinda imagining but I will still get it since Jaina is like my fav character anyways.

17. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Now we all really know that Anakin is dead and won't comeback to life!!!Yes!!!

18. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I can't believe I just read that.

It actually seems like a neat story. I hope its written well though.

19. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Unless of course it was not really Anakins body, just something the Vong quickley shaped.....nah!

Anyway, I feel a little bit dissapointed that the story doesnt really add much to the story arc (maybe because its a pb one shot). the 3 other duologys added some major plot points. Jaina dark side stint seems only to have lasted a short while, and it could have been a major sub plot of the series.

Only a short wait left. Funny, I know whats going to happen but I still look forward to this over TAS.

20. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    i just hate to hear it's mushy but over all it sounds good

21. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    How could they!! :mad: I'm still to mad to talk about it!

22. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks a lot Gatherer. I owe you my firstborn child! Anyway, I like the idea of Kyp bringing Jaina back from the darkside but does he really get his dozen killed or do they just die in the line of duty?

The idea of everyone sensing Jacen's death in the force leads me to say hmmm, to Anakin's death, even though they burn his body. I cant wait to read his funeral.

Jaina and Jag? I don't see that thier flirting says that there are any definites. Only time will tell. But definatley no Jaina/Isoloder. Yuck! He had the hots for her mother! Though the idea is amusing. I wonder what Tenal Ka thought.

23. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Sounds like the crapiest star wars book ever, eh at least the chiss are in it. Wait what am I saying! WhOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

24. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Am I the only one having trouble finding the synopsis? I follow the link from the TF.N's main page, but then no other links to follow. Could someone post a link or the something?

EDIT: Never mind, searched for it and found it.

25. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    cool it will be rocking read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.