Dark Knight MIDNIGHT

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by thesilverspyder, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't mean to freak out, but I just checked the cinemark site and the 12:01 showing of Dark Knight for Thursday is already sold out????!@?!?!?!?!?

Does anyone have their tickets yet? I guess you can buy them really early and I missed it? Oh my god!! :/

Let me know.
  2. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    No need to worry. There are now 3 showings of Dark Knight at 12:01 12:02 and 12:03. Apparently this movie lives up to the hype. I just knew it would!

What showing is everyone going to?

:01?
    :02?
    :03?
  3. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Im going to the showing that the Joker doesnt wear makeup and Batman is not in body armor. Oh wait that's not in this movie. Dang! lol
  4. BubaFatt Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm going to the 12:01 in theater 2. I bought my tickets early. hooray for me, since i didn't procrastinate i don't get to go with any of you people. I'm awesome.
  5. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    So lets hear about it. Was the Watchmen trailer awsome or what?
  6. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yup. The Watchmen trailer was awesome.

I've just gotta say one thing about Dark Knight. *SPOILER ALERT*

I love that twice in the movie, the Joker explains to Batman the dichotomy of their relationship... how they "need" each other and the fact that neither one of them will ever kill each other.

OK Two things. TWO-FACE is freaking amazing!!! Too bad they killed him off already. I hope they weren't planning on using Joker in the 3rd movie... Oops! Too soon?
  7. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Watchmen trailer was awesome! And TKY, don't discriminate against this Batman flick. This movie makes Dead End look like Rear End. The Batman in that short would be shot once and be dead. And I'm not sure, but a chemical that makes your skin white without killing you first? I don't think that exists, isn't very realistic, and has been done. The Joker in this Batman works, and it's the best Joker you'll ever witness to date. So, give it a chance, man. You're already in a good spot because your expectations are low, so you'll have room to be surprised. And Batman even has tubes on his belt this time! The thing that's most true about this film is that it doesn't fit any formula done before. From the pacing to the story telling, to the dialogue, it's fresh as can be. Anyway, just thought I'd try to convince you a bit. So, go see it now.

But, yes, I'll say it again, the Watchmen trailer was awesome!
  8. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Noted Sithmonger, however I am a Batman Comic purist and If you are going to make a Batman movie is it too much to ask that you follow the comic somewhat? As far as the Joker and lack of "BatArmor" it has lasted and worked in the comic for decades. It is a comic book based movie, why can't the Joker origin work? Its a freaking Comic Book movie! lol Also Bats should get shot/beat bloody. Thats what defines him in the superhero pantheon. He is just human, thats what makes him special. If Hollywood do not like these set ideas and looks of what Batman is why make a Batman movie? Go bastardise some other comic. (I.E. MARVEL, I'm sure there are still some titles they have yet to send to the big screen) I still say that a good true to character Batman film could be done and should be done. Wouldn't you as a geek (and I use that term with love being one myself) love to go see a film where you see Batman in gray, blue and yellow standing atop a building with a good Gotham skyline behind him something straight out of a Neal Adams page? That is what I would love to see, am I alone? I will watch this film. I griped about the last movie just the same really. I thought the first half was pretty good but the last half was just God awfull. So saying that maybe I will be suprised. They definatly have my standards set low enough. lol

In the meantime I'm going to see Hellboy 2 and wait for the Spirit.
  9. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want to see it. I like "dark" Batman just as much as I like "classic, blue and yellow" Batman. I love Dead End, and I love the cartoon Batman that came out in the 90's. They blended the two Batman genres together quite well I thought. It was dark and scary the way I picture Gotham with a Jim Lee-esque Batman, yet still with ridiculous, cartooney supervillains that are still believable. I hope (and think) that this movie will do the same.

God. Watchmen trailer looked awesome online...Holy Crap they made Dr. Manhattan look like he stepped out of the pages.
  10. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, one note. If you're a Batman purist, you'll realize that Nolan's Batman is the closest thing to Bob Kane's original vision before the Comics Code Authority threw their hammer down and anything that came afterward, and I'm including the blue, gray, and yellow in that thought. Except for the actualy chemical vat, I feel Ledger's Joker is Bill Finger's Joker. Then there is "Year One", "The Long Halloween", and Paul Deni reviving the Joker's purpose with his "Case Study" storyline, all of which I think did influence this movie greatly, and taps into those original visions. Of course, all this could make a good debate.

Actually, I feel comics are what has gotten the worst about allowing different "visions" of characters by revamping origins and pasts every few years or so to fit where the writers want to go next in their storyline. And I absolutely hated "Knightfall" and what was up with that costume? And I'm not sure what RIP has in store but I don't think I'm looking forward to it. As a Batman purist myself I wish comics would quit bastardizing themselves.
  11. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    The movie was great and fits in nicely with its other comic book movie breathren this summer. Also, it made 18.1 million off the midnight showings alone shattering Siths 16 million record. And lets not forget the preview for the Day The Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves as the robot, "Klatu barata nikto!" lol. pv
  12. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well heres my 2 cents. i don't think they make comic book movies any more, I think they make movies that just happen to have a comic book out there.I believe this first occured when Spidey had his webshooters taken away and his webs were a result of the bite. Now comic purist cry fowl at stuff like that but Padme takin the twins out to see Spidey at the cheap theatre cause her deadbeat ex-husband wont send the child support doesn't know anything about what Spidey's supposed to be and enjoys the movie thoroughly. In a nutshell, you cant market a 200 million dollar movie to the 1 million(at best) people that read the comic. But what we can hope for is that the director has enough geek in him to give those precious few fanboys a little something in the movie that makes it all worthwhile. And with that said i think the one reason for any fanboy or girl to go see Dark Knight is Heath Ledgers Joker performance. I really can't say that i was dissapointed in a single frame he was in. i'm not sayin this cause he's dead. I'm not sayin this cause I like his other films. I'm sayin this cause i had a very high expectation of what the Joker should be and he took it higher. Oh and the WATCHMEN trailer is awesome too!!!
  13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Saw Batman and Hellboy yesterday, they were both awesome. After seeing Batman, I must say that if they never do another one, I would be fine with it. Heath Ledger deserves an oscar for his Joker. Oh, and RIDDLE ME THIS, if they do another one, what villian do you think they'll use?
  14. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    We talked about this in the theater thursday night. I'll tell you who they won't pick.

Catwoman - Halle Berry screwed that up too much
    Penguin - Too campy for Nolan's style
    Mr. Freeze - Anyone but Arnold would ruin it and Arnold won't do it
    Joker - He's dead (you know what I mean, Geez!)
    Scar Face - He's dead
    Scarecrow - He's locked up taking it in the rear
    Man-bat - Too unrealistic for Nolan
    Clayface - Too unrealistic for Nolan
    The Ventriloquist - Retarded
    Bane - Already done and too unrealistic
    Harley Quinn - Who is she without the Joker?
    Hush - Does anyone even remember hush?
    Poison Ivy - Already been done and retarded
    Riddler - Maybe, but the Riddler looks gay with that costume. ;)
    Killer Croc - Unrealistic but that would be totally BAD!

Maybe they'll bring back Ra's Al Guhl and his hot daughter for Batman to drool over since whats-her-face that nobody liked is dead. Ra's can bring in whatever henchmen he has or hire out someone on the list.

I agree if they never make another Batman movie, I'd be fine with that.
  15. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Although unlikely, I think Killer Croc would be awesome. I was talking the subject of Croc over with a buddy, and here's what we came up with to explain his look. Croc could be a sideshow performer who suffers from the "blockhead syndrome" or whatever its called. Blockheads don't feel pain cause they're nerve endings don't work. He could also suffer from a skin condition which causes scaly skin; I've seen several examples in documentaries and books. As for the fangs, I've seen plenty of individuals in the sideshow circuit who have had their bodies modified. As for the other villians, your list doesn't leave that many but here's my two pennies.
    1.Penguin=if done as the crime boss he is now, instead of the freak from the movie, could definately work.
    2.Catwoman needs to be redone if only to redeem the character after what Halle Berry did to it.
    3.Mr. Freeze=doubtful.
    4.Riddler=as long as his costume is not adorned with neon or rhinestone question marks, would be great.
    5.Poison Ivy=probably not, but fingers crossed.
    6 Ventriloquist=corny but Nolan seems to be able to work miracles.
    7.Bane=ignoring the Batman and Robin Bane, which did not match the comic version at all, I could see Bane come into the next movie. Basically, Bane's a genius on par with Batman, whose pumped up on venom/speed. I think Bane is a great idea for a future Batman film.
    As far as other Batman characters, here's some I'd like to see and not see in future films.
    1. Robin=NO!.
    2. Batgirl=yes, as long as Alicia stays far away from it.
    3. Huntress=please.
  16. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I never thought Joker could be done better than Jack but I was wrong. So, my thinking that Catwoman couldn't be done better than Phieffer could also be wrong. The only problem I had with Burton's take on the character was the magic cats and way too much time on the origin. Like Joker, I think Catwoman just needs to be there already. I think Miller's prostitution angle is still a little much for a film version but I'm sure Nolan could come up with something grand. So, yeah, I think Catwoman is definitely a possibility.

I'm still not completely convinced that Harvey is dead and I think he could return for at least a small part in the third one, just like the Scarecrow from Begins. But I don't know. I was under the belief that Nolan didn't like killing off characters but I also know he wanted Dent's story to be ultimately tragic, but to see Dent again would be nice.

Riddler and Penquin have been done and I really wouldn't like to see them unless Riddler was something completely different than the comic and miles away from Jim Carrey. Penguin...no.

Killer Croc would probably be a bit out there and his origin along the Nolan storyline has been given in Batman: Gotham Knight DVD but he isn't captured so that could be interesting. But as Two-Face almost could have, I believe Croc would push away reality a bit too much for Nolan.

I have always like Black Mask so if Nolan sticks with a mob understory like the other two films, he would be a good choice.

But, basically, I'll just have to trust in Nolan. But I think we're all in agreement that topping The Dark Knight is probably not going to happen, especially the hype. But who knows.
  17. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone find it very coincidental that in the same weekend of the release of Clone Wars, it is beaten by The Dark Knight (even though it was #2, beaten, ironically, by a movie making fun of making movies), which also blows past the gross total earnings of Star Wars in the same weekend (granted, not adjusted for inflation, but by dollar amount)? It's pretty wild when you think about it.
  18. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hadn't thought about it but yeah ol Batsy kinda put a double whoopin on us this weekend. I'm cool with it.Nobody beats Batman.NOBODY!!!!
  19. TK-Chris Jedi Padawan

Does this mean we are movin over to the batman forums?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.