Beyond DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jerisa_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi guys,

So, where did we stop:

Object to what? Being left in the snow? Yes, I object... unless there's a guy like Anakin with me... [face_batting]

Any good Imperial should have a sense of fair play! [face_not_talking]

No switching back! please...

Well, what exactly did I like... I liked the way you brought out the understanding between them. The way they move with one mind...

The none romantic: I think you're aiming for Anakin's distrustful thoughts, well, I hope they'll find a way around that.

The new post was most interesting... Nice frame around the post. But I think J/K made quite a jump there. Jaina also seems to have some serious dumbs about the direction the empire is taking... [face_thinking]

Can't wait to see were your heading with this...
    JS
    [face_coffee]
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay, so, I've had some time to ponder this, and . . . what <i>exactly</i> did Jaina see Kyp doing? Is there a possibility that it's been doctored by Jacen in order to sow doubt in Jaina's mind about Kyp, since nothing else has worked in separating them? You've really got me wondering about this, because I get the feeling that Han sent Kyp to the Empire to look after the twins. (BTW, are Han and Leia divorced? How could she remarry, if she has? I'm assuming she has.)
  3. Methoz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmpf, okay, please don´t get me wrong, but since I haven´t seen real proof of his crimes against femininity, I am not as fast as Jaina to condem Kyp completely. Even if it doesn´t really make things okay, perhaps... to do it!?

Yeah, keep telling yourself that! :p

Baroness d'Hiver - classy... I wonder if parts of that soap opera are/were part of Jainas (or Leias) life as well... [face_thinking]

Hehe, and it might be a little bit weird, when Jaina is so obviously absent from the intimate moment thinking of someone/something else... hilarious! [face_laugh]

I like the way you change the situation from cuddlesex to a serious conversation (and back again) - and we finally get some background information on Kyp. I wonder which of his past "jobs" might be essential for this story or in other words, if there are some hidden hints for future chapters... [face_thinking]

And it gets even more serious... What is Jaina´s plan? Did she finally realize that she belongs to Kyp - the psycholover Kyp? Or does she have totally different plans in mind - as deserting to the Rebellion? But is her intention to do it alone? ...or together with Kyp? ...and with or without the help of *****? Hmm, basically she only really trusts herself - and that´s good for her. Thus, she would have to flee alone, not even using *****´s help, because she cannot know, how real the information from the secret informant is... [face_thinking]

4. ImperialSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: And he was in the All Blacks, too, right! :D

Hey, this smelled nice! :p
    Yeah, Anakin found it very... hard. ;)
    And Tahiri would have to be really good at deception to fool Anakin with that Force bond wide open... Question is, is she good enough? [face_mischief]

Sorry, but we had that planned for years! :p Can you imagine our urge to chuckle when we read your comment? ;)
    We didn't do it to spite you, though. Promise! :p And we hope it wasn't too bad... [face_worried]

And an intriguing reply, too. :D ;) Jaina is serious about how defiant she is, yes - though she's also worried about being mind-controlled; we saw earlier in the 'fic that she's vulnerable to battle-meditation... [face_worried]

As to Kyp... keep asking questions? [face_mischief]

But yes, they could work together, and are, really, already. ;)

There's rarely smoke without fire, right? Now we just need to find out what's burning... :p

=D= We like this logic! ;)

But what's Kyp done? Are you any clearer on that? Do you have suspicions...? [face_mischief] [face_thinking]

o_O Why, exactly? Just because it's different from canon? :p Qorl and Remis work well together, regardless of the AU! :p [face_whistling]

Kyp thinks he's where he can be most useful (no, we haven't yet explained how Kyp actually ended up with the Empire ;))... [face_mischief]

We're glad you liked it! [face_dancing] :cool:

PRINCESSCAMBRIA posted:
    />

Thanks for that! We're glad you enjoyed them both in the way that they're meant to be appreciated. ;)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA posted:whole story now. ;)
    />

You're reading it back to front? That might open up a whole new way of interpretation. 8-} :p We'd love to hear your reactions, good or bad. :D

pregnantpadme posted:
    This is the A&T update I've been waiting for for like 5 years.
    />

[face_blush] :D Thank you, thank you - we're honored by the high regard you seem to be holding us in. A/>/>/>/>/>/>
  5. ImperialSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the explanation of what exactly hit Anakin and Tahiri... :p

The Mastermind

According to the built-in chrono on the commlink, Anakin and Tahiri had spent a little over twelve hours in the deserted lodge. Most of that time, they'd spent in and around the heap of blankets piled on the wampa rug in front of the fire, stark naked and always intertwined with one another: sleeping, cooking an improvised meal of tinned food from the kitchen... and, mostly, getting to know each other a lot better.

Anakin grinned, turning back to look at Tahiri. They'd made love until they'd lost count of the number of times, and they'd talked in the night beside the fire; it felt a little like it had when they were kids, but the balance had shifted, with neither of them talking more than the other, anymore; and there was a new and very adult component to their relationship now, too.

Their Force-bond had strengthened, until they were more in tune than either of them had ever been with another being.

That, Anakin thought, was the way it was supposed to be.

Tahiri smiled back at him. Wrapped in a blanket, a steaming stoneware mug of hot chocolate gripped in her bare hands, there was a shyness to the way she looked at him from behind the mug, a flush in her cheeks that wasn't just due to the steaming heat of the drink - but she was definitely grinning, too.

"You should put some clothes on," she said, her eyes finding his for a moment, then dropping further down.

"On principle, to stop distracting you, or just because Dad's bringing the Falcon in soon?"

Tahiri shrugged, a silent lift of her shoulders under the blanket, and took a smirking sip of the drink. Anakin just watched, grinning, distracted by the darkness where the improvised garment fell open down her front. He knew she still had nothing on underneath.

He just grinned some more, and didn't bother to get dressed. The heat of the fire made standing around here like this comfortably bearable, and if he got colder, he knew where he'd go to warm up.

"Dummy," Tahiri chuckled, laying down the mug.

Anakin walked towards her, then leaned down, looping his arms round her waist, and pulling her up into a standing position. In response, her hands slid up his arm and chest as she rose. He looked down, and she looked up, and they nuzzled their way into another kiss.

"We really need to get ready," Tahiri sighed a moment later.

Anakin's answer was to smirk, and rub noses, and kiss her again, longer this time.

Eventually, by a sort of mutual consent, they moved apart...

Tempting as it was to just stay like this, they both had a sense of duty, and neither of them wanted to let down Han. He'd said something about enemy ships earlier.

So they began getting dressed, and waited for the rescue party.

An hour later, Anakin and Tahiri were sitting in the Falcon's forward hold, trying to get used to having company again. They were learning, but the Force-bond had faded a little, as if it went quiet when other people were around.

Finally, now that they were safely in hyperspace, they'd been left alone for a moment. They were mostly quiet, giving each other occasional grins and glances, while their hands kept brushing and touching in the space between them on the couch. For now, it was enough that each of them was trying to figure out on their own where they'd go from here.

Their moment of privacy was interrupted by Chewie, who slapped Anakin on the shoulder, cheerfully announcing that they'd made it out of Kuati space with no immediate sig/>
  6. Onderon1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah, Han ... even with the galaxy turned upside down, he's still one step ahead of everyone. [face_mischief]

I especially liked Han's willingness to help Anakin and Tahiri along ... and Anakin's reaction was so ... Anakin.

He appreciates Dad's help, but it's a little OTT for Anakin's taste. He wants to treat Tahiri right, treat her with honesty and respect, and it's really shown well here. =D=

And Viqi, suddenly caught with incriminating data. Hmm. o_O

Another fun update. Thanks. :D

7. JediBettyBug18 Jedi Master

star 3
    *snickers at post*

love, marybeth
  8. Methoz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let me start by congratulating you for your 50th chapter - and still an amazing story! =D=

And... WOW, 12h of continued ahhh cuddling and rattling around... sweeeeeet! :*

It´s a really nice round-up or completion to the last A/T chapter... I like it. [face_love]

Hm, has the force-bond faded a little because it was soooo tight as they were so... tight? Or because both of them shield it again due to their company? [face_thinking]

Does Tahiri understand Chewie? Or does she have to guess from his gestures and Anakins responses?

Ahhh okay... I didn´t want to believe it first, but Han was the first (or last?) really fitting option... or not... but still... he´s crazy (enough) to go through with such a plan. Nobody else would have let them live or abandon them like this... on the other hand... hmmm... [face_thinking]

"Something could have happened...!" -- "I sure hope something did happen, kid," Han said, adding a suggestive wink. [face_laugh]:D=P~

"Have I never told you the story of how I met your mother?" - Very familiar! ...and a perfect fit here! :D

...even if Anakin´s reply is typical Solo - classy! I love this whole scene! =D=

I wonder how close Han has monitored the situation as he just stepped in after "the kids" were dressed. [face_thinking];)[face_whistling]

"So, did you find out what happened to those Imperials?" -- "Yeah," Anakin sighed, sitting down next to her. "Turns out they weren't Imps, after all. Just some crazy old pirates. We got those files back, though. So the mission was a full success." - Hm, so Anakin indeed is not sure how far he can really trust Tahiri... or at least he doesn´t want to destroy their little cuddle-adventure by disclosing the fact that this this was "simply" a set-up.

What´s happened to crazy I-shoot-you-in-the-back Valin? Is he on drugs? He is so... calm and suddenly understanding. Is this genuine? Hmm, I almost feel sorry/sad for him... almost. [face_shhh]

Yeah, he decided, we make a great team. - Yeah, I decided that you are totally right with that! Good job, really. Now a nice meal and back to fight the evil... ahh, rightful regime of the galaxy! Or what other unexpected twists do you have in mind for us?

Huh, just when I started silently complaining, that the chapter is over so soon, you rewarded us with the uncut Kuati newsfeed about the past happening. I must say, I read this twice... woderful. It´s not only a good summary of the incident and a little bit more backstory, but written completely different from the rest of your story-telling - excellent! Not only the suspicions agains Lady Kirney Slane are smashed, Imperial Advisor Viqi Shesh might now get into trouble because of her potentia illegal possession of black market valuables... and The Collected Speeches of Han Solo - terrific! :D=D=

Can´t wait for your next chapter... [face_coffee]
  9. Jedi_Sword Jedi Master

star 1
    [face_blush] What can I say? Your craziness must be rubbing off on me... [face_laugh]

haha, you caught me - I have no idea about what he actually did (or didn't) do. But I can't wait to find out! ;)

I just haven't thought of Qorl in so long - what an interesting fellow. I wonder if he and Jaina get along in this AU as well as they did in the YJK?

Update!

"The Mastermind"... this is Han Solo, right? Because it's a perfect description! Have I told you yet that I really like how you write his and Anakin's relationship? And Chewie! I'm so glad he's still alive in this AU... I also loved how Anakin and Tahiri couldn't keep their hands off each other in front of him, aww.

I'm surprised how Han can joke about meeting Leia... although, I guess after this long it's a good thing he's gotten over it [face_thinking]

I'm a little confused about this - is Han talking about Anakin Skywalker, or a different grandfather? And if he's talking about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader... how does he know what he actually looked like? (Or did Vader just have a habit of leering over Han at some point in this AU?) Mysterious...

Thought provoking article from Kuat - sounds like Viqi might finally be getting what she deserves... hehehh

Spectacular update! [:D]
  10. goddess_sticks Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    So many updates for me to read and I enjoyed them all.

I'm glad to see that Han and Chewie are around now. I enjoyed the conversation between Han and Anakin in the last post with all the winks and knowing looks.

I'm glad Jaina didn't go off on Kyp immediately. I don't know what all is going through her mind but it does seem she has a hard time staying away.

I was glad to see the mentions of Jacen that were exchanged between them. It's good to know they see the shadiness. Also, Kyp's explanation of why he likes where he is and Jania's thoughts about being on the right side were great.

Very enjoyable! :D
  11. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    YAY! I finally got caught up! :)

I must say, IS, this is a fantastic story! The characterizations are fresh and original while still keeping the feel of the canon characters at the same time. =D= Congratulations on pulling that off!

I'm really intrigued by these allusions to Kyp's past, and can't wait to find out what the whole story is, especially in regards to those young girls... o_O Somehow I don't think it's as sinister as Jaina supposes. *crosses fingers*

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time for a long review, but I will say that I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment! :D

~Celeste
  12. ImperialSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    We're glad you liked it, and we can see what you mean... The dress is about the layers of disguise and identity that Tahiri puts on, and the hints at the awesomeness underneath? o_O [face_thinking] ;)

He has the examples of Han and Lando to follow? :p

[face_whistling] We intend to reveal more about this later, maybe? ;)

Suffice to say that we're trying to preserve as much of the JJK as possible.

Yeah, we know. [face_plain]

</Han> "He's my kid. Look at the mess Leia and Luke make with theirs... this is important, okay?"

Or when the possibility is raised that there's Han/Luke subtext in the context? :p

Thank you! :D [face_dancing]

... or Kyp... or Valin... or Anakin's other parents! [face_laugh]

pregnantpadme posted:
    :eek:

Did I just say that?
    />

O:) No idea what you're talking about. :p

pregnantpadme posted:/>

Thanks! That's really the most important thing we're going for here. ;)

pregnantpadme posted:
    The tragedy is that he's likely actually falling in love with Tahiri... and is going to be so hurt if winds up leading him to his doom.
    />

Perhaps that's why he's been so nervous about the "falling hard for his evil brother's stormtrooper girlfriend" part of this? :p

We actually wanted to say something along the lines of "let's hope there'll be no tragedies", but there's no reasoning with you on that point, so we give up. ;)

pregnantpadme posted:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
    />

Happy? ;)

pregnantpadme posted:
    />/>/>/>/>/>/>/>
  • ImperialSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: Why would you think there'll be no more A/T mush or Tahiri being horny?! [face_not_talking]

Thank you VERY much for the awesome reply, though! :D [:D] They definitely make us want to write more of the same. ;) We certainly hope your imagination was fueled a bit by this - have fun. :p

What do you mean by "triangle"? K/J/J? Or did you just not read it properly!!

Thanks for the review, and we're always delighted to hear from you! ;)

But do you object to Anakin and Tahiri being left in the snow together? :p

Kyp has a sense of fair play! He just prefers brunettes! [face_mischief]

But seriously, he spared Alema a lot of further torture. Apparently our definitions of fair play differ, though. *shrugs*

So you feel Jacen should just give up on the girl he loves? That would look as if he didn't love her, though! :p

Good analysis, and a good juxtaposition; on one level, A/T move in total rapport (not so much "one mind" as perfect communications ;)); but at the same time, when Anakin thinks, he finds himself feeling more distrustful... :D [face_mischief]

What Tahiri thinks, OTOH, is classified. [face_whistling] :p

Wanna explain what exactly you mean by "jump"? Usually we'd think it's positive progress in a relationship, but with you and Kyp we never know... :p

Thanks! :D Trust us? ;)

DantanaSkywalker posted:/>

Well... What was shown on that recording probably wasn't faked. But how much it represented the full picture... you'll have to wait and see... :p Some of your thoughts are very good ones, though. [face_whistling] ;)

But yes, Han and Leia are divorced, or else the Empire never recognized the validity of their marriage - we have a little prequel that includes Leia's Imperial marriage - though we're not saying if she's still just on husband #2 in this story... [face_mischief]

Methoz posted:seen real proof of his crimes against femininity, I am not as fast as Jaina to condem Kyp completely. Even if it doesn´t really make things okay, perhaps... to do it!?
    />

Innocent until proven guilty? At least publicly? o_O

Methoz posted:
    />/>/>/>

star 1
    With her metaphorical pants down? ;) Yes, that's surprising, indeed... [face_mischief]

Another insightful reply. Thanks! :D

Hope you were amused at the characters, not the authors! :p But glad it amused you, nonetheless. ;)

Thanks for keeping count! :D [:D] Wow, 50 chapters, huh? Impressive. :p And it ended up being a fitting and fun chapter, in our opinion. [face_dancing]

Thank you. We wanted to give the readers a taste of just what fun A/T can be when they're in a well-fueled smutty mood. :p :D

Did it work? o_O :p

... or would we have been better to do a PM chapter of that sort we don't do? [face_mischief] [face_whistling] [face_batting]

Both, but mainly the company - they'd still be tight together if they hadn't been interrupted. :p

Tahiri's probably picked up some basics in the weeks she's been with the Rebels, as she's lived with the Solos while on Dantooine; but she's far from fluent, so she still relies on Anakin for explanations?

Hey, you made some really good guesses, though, with good reasoning supporting them. =D= It's just that we're trying hard to surprise the readers from time to time. Glad it somewhat worked with you, for once. ;)

Awww, thank you! Replies like this make us very happy! :D

Though we'll always appreciate your concrit, too... ;)

Methoz posted:;)[face_whistling]
    />

:eek: [face_talk_hand] [face_shame_on_you] Han's just got excellent timing! [face_talk_hand] :p

Methoz posted:"So, did you find out what happened to those Imperials?" -- "Yeah," Anakin sighed, sitting down next to her. "Turns out they weren't Imps, after all. Just some crazy old pirates. We got those files back, though. So the mission was a full success." - Hm, so Anakin indeed is not sure how far he can really trust Tahiri... or at least he doesn´t want to destroy their little cuddle-adventure by disclosing the fact that this this was "simply" a set-up.
    />

Could be either of those, or just that he's embarrassed that his dad had to help him get laid? :p

Methoz posted:

/>

Valin's been in the hands of the medics, and he's also had some contact with other Jedi who encouraged him to meditate. So, yes, he's in a quite chill/>/>/>/>/>/>

star 1
    Hey, it's Han's way of dealing with stuff. ;)

Yep, Han means Vader... who definitely spent a lot of time leering over Han on Cloud City. The story goes AU during Dark Empire, so we didn't actually change anything in canon for that. :p

[face_blush] "Spectacular"? :D That's a new word here. Thanks! We're really glad you liked it. [:D]

A touch more on Viqi and Kuat in the next update. ;)

Hey, good to see you again! :D Hope school and life in general are going well.

It's a lot of fun writing Han and Chewie, so we're glad you're liking this! :D

Yep, Jaina has a hard time staying away from Kyp because he's totally mind-tricking her; she is aware of that fact, though, and plans to turn it to her own advantage. [face_mischief] :p

And yes, both Kyp and Jaina see Jacen for who he really is. We'll have to wait and see what they'll do about it. ;)

Thanks for the reply! :D [:D]

YAY! Thanks for getting here! :D

That's still a very nice little reply - thank you very much. :D

It's great that what we're trying to do with the characters is working for you: we really wanted to take them, as recognizable people, and put them through a very different situation (Tahiri is perhaps the most thematic character here, but it's true of all of them)... so thanks for that part of your reply! [:D]

As to what Kyp's done, we're glad you're finding it intriguing; we do have a plan here, so we hope you - and Jaina - won't be too upset when we revael the truth. :p ;)

Again, thanks for the reply and we'd love to hear from you in future. We love feedback, no matter if it's positive or critical. :D

Aaaaaand we're up to date again. Wooo hoo!

And once again, thanks for reading and commenting everyone! [:D]

IS

star 1
    This update is dedicated to smash128, who kinda challenged us to write something like this. At least we took it as a challenge. :p smash, we hope you like it. It's not quite as pointless as it might have been, but still... ;) We are quite happy with it, so thanks for the idea. :D
    We hope it shows how easily influenced we are by our readers and that it's always good to voice your opinions! :p

Something, something, something, Dark Side...

"Yeah," Jacen said. "I'm in the middle of something. I'm putting the call on speaker. Don't worry if there are any noises in the background."

"Yes, Lord Skywalker," Admiral Dif Scaur agreed. The head of Imperial Intelligence was on audio-only, but Jacen could imagine him, with his high forehead and the widow's peak of his hairline above his blood-red uniform jacket. Jacen didn't answer immediately - the man should have the wit to talk himself.

Instead, he walked across the room, to the cool metal surface where the knives were set out. There was one for almost every imaginable purpose, some long and thin, some short and stubby, serrated; some weirdly designed, highly-specialized.

Jacen ran his fingers along the row of blades, until he found the one he was looking for. "Advisor Shesh's position looks precarious on Kuat," Scaur reported, in the background. "We're not sure who the traitor was, but Lady Slane seems loyal after all, and Kateel almost certainly is."

Jacen nodded to himself. A pity, but perhaps he could find some use for the Shesh woman. She had loyalty and talent, after all. It would be cruel not to find a way to put those abilities to good use.

"Recall Advisor Shesh to Couruscant for a... special debriefing," he interrupted, picking up the knife, and walking back to the main table. "I'm sure that a thorough reeducation will orient her skills in the right direction. Inform me when she's ready to return to duty."

"Yes, Lord Skywalker," came the obedient reply. Jacen was barely listening. He was considering the small, plump body laid out for his pleasure on the table.

The object of his attentions lay bound on a raised steel rack - a platform studded with sharp spikes that pierced a full centimeter into the naked back on either side of the spine. The rack had only really been necessary for the preparation yesterday in the smoke box - Jacen still remembered the blood as he'd pushed the bound flesh into the spikes - but he liked the way it looked now, even if its purpose had become purely aesthetic. The sight, he admitted, pleased him in a way that most sentients would find disturbing.

But then again, most beings didn't have his power - either in the Force or the Empire - or his appreciation of the truth of how to wield that power.

"... as to the recent developments in Hutt Space and the Hapan systems," Scaur was continuing, "we're monitoring both. The courtesans that the Hutts are buying in from Ryloth and Thyferra are provoking complaints in the usual quarters, while the Hapans seem to be at least semi-serious about this Fel marriage; then again, they marry so often that it might just be a short-term tactical move."

"Keep going." Jacen thought for a moment about giving the Hutts the Hapes Star Cluster to play with - its people would make good courtesans, and the men are trained already - but he kept the thought to himself; this was not the time for amusing creativity like that. He ran his fingers across the bound legs of his victim, smiling slightly in amusement. The flesh was still and cool, not quite as plump and lively as yesterday, but still inviting - to the touch, or to the blade.

"Yes, my lord. The Jedi agitators we arrested on Centares are proving stubborn. We handed them to the Shadow Guard, but Zekk is lacking the ruthlessness of his predecessor."

As Scaur spoke, Jacen had slid the knife into the raised curve of the breast, slicing neatly across the top. After all the preparations he'd taken, there was no resistance to the blade. He laid aside his prize - an oval slice of white flesh, wi/>
  • Onderon1 Force Ghost

star 4

Well. o_O

Good to see Dif Scaur - although I'm not sure how much freedom he has here, but it is the Empire, not the NR ...

and was there a subtle metaphor in Jacen's choice of meal? :p

Thanks, also, for the hints at Luke's current disposition ... Dathomir, and his wife's pregnant again. [face_mischief]

And experiments. [face_worried] Yes, that could be all kinds of badness ...

Plus, who's Kyp answering to ... ? o_O

And the whole fleet holocomm just went down!? :eek:

Dare I suspect this may be where Jaina makes a run for it? [face_mischief]

Another great update. =D=

- Onderon1
  • morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    What more mush? again televised to the security ward ^^?
  • smash128 Jedi Master

star 2
    Yay [:D] you used the title lol. I don't quite remember issuing it as a challenge, but oh well to each his/her own. Though nice job implementing Jacen doing something creepy with the plot. For a minute you had me there that Jacen gets his kicks carving up a bound female[face_hypnotized] until you revealed it was a chicken for his meal.[face_laugh] I also wonder who Kyp has to answer to, besides Jaina of course:p

A/T mush in the next update[face_thinking] I take it?

Oh yeah sorry for not replying to your past 2 updates, been really busy and such, but I did enjoy them.
  • Methoz Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wait a second... Leia and Luke make with theirs??? ...so does Luke and Leia have kids together or ?only? Luke with someone and Leia with ...Han? I have problems to imagine L/L! [face_worried]

Yes... you answered that more or less a couple of lines above: Well... What was shown on that recording probably wasn't faked. But how much it represented the full picture... you'll have to wait and see... tongue Some of your thoughts are very good ones, though. - That supports my suspicion or does it not? :confused:[face_thinking]

If you do write a PM chapter I am hopefully still on your list of recipients! :D

Yeah, I try hard to be a "good reader"... But hey, what do you mean that somewhat worked with me for once? :D:confused:

Will do (if possible), but I still hope you enjoy simple congrats as well...

Something, something, something, Dark Side...

Okay, you did it again: terrific chapter, which brings up more questions than answers :D

And to give you some proof for my assumption...

Questions:
    - middle of something... as cruel torture?
    - giving the Hutts the Hapes Star Cluster to play with... hmm?
    - the Jedi agitators we arrested on Centares... who are they?
    - Zekk is lacking the ruthlessness of his predecessor... Kyp?
    - much more important prisoners to deal with very soon... who again and why is Jacen so sure about this capture?
    - your Uncle's research... Luke´s researches what exactly?
    - distracted by his wife being pregnant again... hmpf, again?
    - just one lunchtime sandwich... why is Jacen making his own meal?
    - secret interlocutor from Kyp = Leia?
    - who might be the other paymasters?
    - the entire fleet holonet had just deactivated... uhhh how?

Answers:
    - the HoII is Admiral Dif Scaur
    - the dissected body of the chicken
    - Luke´s current disposition = Dathomir
    - Kyp is working for "someone" because he is being blackmailed

Hah, I was right with my assumption - 11:4! :D

Nevertheless, you totally got me with the chicken thing. I really thought about which poor little girl is lying in front of Jacen. I tried to speculate who it might be but as you didn´t mention any blue skin colour I was totally lost... great teasing! =D=

The second part was very... hmm, a very confidential conversation. And I believe the secret other one was Leia, being in a commanding and threatening position but I might be totally wrong... But again - great update! =D=
  • CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    ;) Wow! :eek: Great creepy scene with Jacen! He is positively frightening.... even if it is a chicken he was carving up. :( I really don't think his thought process would be much different if it was person lying chained on his table; Especially after seeing his perverted delight in torturing Alema. I'm absolutely convinced that Jacen's crazy at this point.

It was 'nice' to see Dif Scaur. He's not one of my favorite minor characters, but I'm sure he'll lend even more creepiness to the story, which makes him tolerable at least. ;)

but there's also a theory that he's distracted by his wife being pregnant again.

I didn't see that one coming! So, Luke's married... [face_thinking] But to whom I wonder...? And he's doing 'research'? And he believes that he's free from Imperial influence in his life all the while Jacen's been keeping tabs on him....? The plot certainly does thicken...

He missed having Tahiri to cook for him

Somehow I don't think she'll ever cook for him again... [face_mischief]

Kyp Durron kept his eyes lowered, simmering with quiet resentment as the person on the other end of the holonet link looked him over, cruelly approving in their appraisal.

So Kyp's working for someone else, and it's clearly someone he doesn't enjoy working for. Part of me wonders if Kyp isn't somewhat of a tragic character in the respect that he's been forced into a very dangerous and potentially disreputable situation. Clearly someone has something they can blackmail him with. *gulp* That or his moral center is just way off...

Re-reading that conversation makes me think that he may have been talking to Leia?? o_O

the entire fleet holonet had just deactivated.

Well, now, that can't possibly be a good thing, can it? ;) :p

Great update and I can't wait for more!

Oh, and can I be added to the PM list? Thanks!!

~Celeste

• pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

You've out done yourself.

That was effing brilliant.

And I'm only at lunch.

Back later. I just had to say: Nicely crafted, Bravo, Amazing, Huzzah!

Preggers!
  • thusspakezarathustra Jedi Knight

star 1

You're meant to be the responsible adult in this family

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
    Laughed at "The Collected Speeches of Han Solo." And sucks to Viqi; looks like she's in hot water. Good. [face_dancing]
    With a bit of luck that chicken will give Jacen food poisoning.
    I'm mystified by Kyp's conversation with the unknown person. I have to say I can't figure out what's going on with him, but am enjoying the mystery. I'm sure it will all become blindingly clear, and I'll be whacking my forehead. :oops: There are plenty of cogs grinding in the background in this story.

• Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    ROFL! I must say, the bit with Jacen was great fun. I kept wondering just who it was stuck on the little torture device, only to have it turn out to be that...

[face_thinking] of course, you did just say it was a chicken...
    [image=http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/thedarkside/thedarkside_Vergere.jpg]

Now, I do have to wonder who it might be that Kyp's talking to...

Another great post!
  • Jerisa_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Times really flying, isn't it...

Didn't say that. I definately object being left in the snow myself though (mentioned exception excluded :p ).

If Kyp has it, he should teach Jacen better! [face_not_talking]

And yet it seems she lost interest. Not like Jacen's the only one with a word in that. And I definately think Jacen could find a better match for himself... (I bet Viqi's a good cook, once she gets the hang of it...)

By Jacen, no doubt. :p

They promised each other trust and support. Even if that was assumed by most of your readers anways, for those characters I'd consider that quite a jump. Especially after Jaina did seek him out with something else in mind and Kyp being himself.
    Maybe that's just me though. But I do see progress too. :D

Thanks!

When you learn something with SW, it is: Never trust the author!

But you at least the two parts were quite nice, so maybe a little...

First Anakin, quite overprotective. But well, it's within borders so really cute. And he has a really nasty, ingenious father... I still feel sorry for Valin though.

Second, Jacen the cook. I'm surprised he's apparently killed his meat himself. Quite unusual for an emperor, isn't it. :p Nicely done though.

Third, Kyp... What am I supposed to say to Kyp? Chatting with his as he may hope future mother-in-law? We can't trust our authors... or can we now?

I'm dying to find out...

JS
    [face_coffee]
  • Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.