main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Ummm...... K. [face_thinking] *re-reads*

love, marybeth

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I think I know who Kyp was talking to! [face_mischief] And I'm so not telling. :p

I had to read four updates, I believe. I did this while I couldn't sleep last night. I actually dreamt of the story, too, just so you know.

I loved that Anakin and Tahiri finally hit it off. It took them long enough!
    Those two are so great together. Although now, obviously, I'm much more intrigued by Kyp and his past.

You have my permission to write more about his past, you know. [face_laugh]

Yeah and Jacen?

Hell, you had me going there for a minute. Cutting open a breast? And then a slice from the leg?
    I was gaping and thinking "You did not just write this!!!"

And it was a chicken.

Clever.

[face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    okay, quick reply, but I just had to tell you - this was an AMAZING post. Oh my gosh. You so had me going with Jacen making the sandwich [face_laugh] I actually had to read the line about the chicken more than once for it to click, and when it did it was brilliant. wow.

And Kyp! Mystery man, indeed... I have several guesses as to who that was, and they're probably all wrong. :p Either way, I loved it, and it's all just so... intriguing. [face_thinking]

4. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Which metaphor? o_O

"And so we return to epistemology?" [face_thinking] :p

Or:

"What's the matter, Admiral Scaur... chicken?!" [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

To answer your serious question, Scaur's relationship with Jacen is a bit like Isard's relationship with Palpatine. :p

Tell us what was going on in your mind there? [face_batting]

Well, it depends which side Luke (thinks he) is on? [face_mischief]

His boss? [face_batting] :p

To say "his Master" wouldn't be quite right! [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

A communications disruption can mean only one thing... [face_whistling]

Well, we can tell you Jaina probably wouldn't manage to deactivate the fleet holonet... Whatever that means. ;)

Thanks for the great reply. :D

[face_laugh] Hey, as long as it's not all over the holonet! ;)

We took it as a challenge. :D We're just weird like that. ;)
    And we're really happy that the trick narrative worked for you! [face_dancing]
    As to who Kyp answers to... that's a secret, and one he doesn't want Jaina to find out. ;)

smash128 posted:
    A/T mush in the next update[face_thinking] I take it?[hr][/blockquote]

Do you mean you'll gladly read it or are you just guessing? :p

[blockquote][b]smash128[/b] posted:[hr]Oh yeah sorry for not replying to your past 2 updates, been really busy and such, but I did enjoy them. [hr][/blockquote]

Thank you for letting us know. :D Unfortunately, we can sympathize. [face_tired]

[blockquote][b]Methoz[/b] posted:[hr]Wait a second... [i]Leia and Luke make [b]with theirs[/b][/i]??? ...so does Luke and Leia have kids together or ?only? Luke with someone and Leia with ...Han? I have problems to imagine L/L! [face_worried][hr][/blockquote]

It's good that you're having trouble imagining L/L, because we're not having that here. We're not George Lucas!!! :p

But yes, Leia has kids and Luke is raising kids as well. ;\

[blockquote][b]Methoz[/b] posted:[hr]Yes... you answered that more or less a couple of lines above: [i]Well... What was shown on that recording probably wasn't faked. But how much it represented the full picture... you'll have to wait and see... tongue Some of your thoughts are very good ones, though.[/i] - That supports my suspicion or does it not? [face_confused][face_thinking][hr][/blockquote]

Of course! :D ... but we're not saying how much what we said represented the full picture (of the full picture)... :p

[blockquote][b]Methoz[/b] posted:[hr]If you do write a PM chapter I am hopefully still on your list of recipients! [face_grin][hr][/blockquote]

We would let you know, if we did things like that. Which we don't, obviously. ;)

[blockquote][b]Methoz[/b] posted:[hr]Yeah, I try hard to be a "good reader"... But hey, what do you mean that somewhat worked with me [i]for once[/i]? [face_grin][face_confused][hr][/blockquote]

You're norma

5. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    What do you mean?! Did you miss the contrast between how Jacen treated the chicken, and how he treated all the human suspects that Scaur was seeking authorization to torture and assassinate?!?! :eek:

Seriouysly, though, those are good observations... =D= ... but maybe Jacen is not as crazy as he sometimes seems? He's a lot of other things, though. Let's wait and see how he develops from here. ;)

So you like the "creepiness"?! :p

Luke's still with the Empire. Just not as active as in the past. He found his true calling, so to say. ;)

Should we feel sorry for him, though, or is it a blessing in disguise? Who knows...? ;)

Could it be both? ;) [face_whistling] And hasn't Kyp always been a tragic character?

Once again, though, those are excellent observations... we will say that Kyp's... controller... has spent a long time trying to push his moral center to somewhere that makes him much easier for them to control and use... [face_worried]

Possibly... [face_mischief]

It depends on whose POV you see it from? ;)

Sure you can be added to the PM list. Thanks for the great reply! :D [:D]

Thank you! A pleasure to get such a nice reply! :D

Well, Winter and Chewie can't do all the hard work! :p
    Glad you're amused and pleased! =D= [face_dancing]
    Jacen's always sure to follow Imperial safety regulations concerning raw meat. :p
    And Kyp's conversation partner is... well, lets just say it's someone we've not seen yet. [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

Kidan poste

6. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Jerisa_Skywalker posted:
    When you learn something with SW, it is: Never trust the author![hr][/blockquote]

Hey...!!! :O *pouts* :p

[quote=Jerisa_Skywalker]But you at least the two parts were quite nice, so maybe a little...[/quote]

... but thanks! ;) [:D]

[quote=Jerisa_Skywalker]First Anakin, quite overprotective. But well, it's within borders so really cute. And he has a really nasty, ingenious father... I still feel sorry for Valin though.[/quote]

Why do you think Han's so bad? :p He just wanted to help! :p We're glad you like Anakin, though! ;)

Valin is... complicated. But we're glad you feel compassion for him. :) Kinda makes us feel we did a good job. :p

[quote=Jerisa_Skywalker]Second, Jacen the cook. I'm surprised he's apparently killed his meat himself. Quite unusual for an emperor, isn't it. [face_tongue] Nicely done though. [/quote]

:O Treason!!! Jacen's not an emperor... yet! ;)

[quote=Jerisa_Skywalker]Third, Kyp... What am I supposed to say to Kyp? Chatting with his as he may hope future mother-in-law? We can't trust our authors... or can we now?

I'm dying to find out...[/quote]

Smart girl! No, you can't trust us! ;\ ... No, wait, you can! Tsk! [face_shame_on_you] @ [b]I[/b] [face_silly] [face_worried] [face_shhh]

And if that's Leia, Kyp must know there are problems with K/J being official here... or maybe he's got [i]reasons[/i] for his alliance with Jacen! ;\

[quote=JediBettyBug18]Ummm...... K. [face_thinking] *re-reads*[/quote]

Tell us what you're thinking? /:) :p

Even if it's bad - we love to hear! :D

[quote=Ceillean]I think I know who Kyp was talking to! [face_mischief] And I'm so not telling. :p[/quote]

Said the one with the insider information... ;)

[quote=Ceillean]I had to read four updates, I believe. I did this while I couldn't sleep last night. I actually dreamt of the story, too, just so you know.[/quote]

<psychologist!Kyp> *making Ceillean lie down on the couch* "Tell me your dreams...?" /:)

Seriously, though, should we be flattered or worried? :p And do you want to share what your dreams were about, or were they not PG enough for this board? ;)

[quote=Ceillean]I loved that Anakin and Tahiri finally hit it off. It took them long enough!
    Those two are so great together. Although now, obviously, I'm much more intrigued by Kyp and his past.

You have my permission to write more about his past, you know. [face_laugh][/quote]

Thanks. *bows* Wow... you know, you're showing potential to replace Leia in this AU, one day... :-oo :p

But we're really happy you're enjoying the A/T. :D And it didn't take them that long. It was just a few weeks, in universe. Blame the slow authors. [face_blush]

[quote=Ceillean]Yeah and Jacen?

Hell, you had me going there for a minute. Cutting open a breast? And then a slice from the leg?
    I was gaping and thinking "You did not just write this!!!"

And it was a chicken.

Clever.

[face_laugh][/quote]

:p We're very pleased it worked for quite a few people. :D Shows we've done a good job writing Jacen as a creep. :^O The new challenge will be to make him more likable. ;\

Thanks for the reply! [:D] We hope you found the missing update. ;)

[blockquote][b]Jedi_Sword[/b] posted:[hr]okay, quick reply, but I just had to tell you - this was an AMAZING post. Oh my gosh. You so had me going with Jacen making the sandwich [face_laugh] I actually had to read the line about the chicken more than once for it to click, and when it did it was brilliant. wow.[hr][/blockquote]

Hah! Thanks! :D As we've been saying, it's great that this worked so well and caused a few chuckles... after people got over the initial shock that is. :p

[blockquote][b]Jedi_Sword[/b] posted:[hr]And Kyp! Mystery man, indeed... I have several guesses as to who that was, and they're probably all wrong. [face_tongue] Either way, I loved it, and it's all just so... intriguing. [face_thinking] [hr][/blockquote]

Awww, don't be so shy, share! *pokes* ;) But thanks for the kind words! :D

Big thanks to everyone! [:D]

[b]IS[/b]

7. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    You may have heard of the Stockholm Syndrome; for the Galaxy far, far away, we decided to name it after a Rebel safeworld, instead... It seemed fitting. :p

Thanks a lot to pregnantpadme and Ceillean for helping out with this. [:D] And sorry it turned out so huge. [face_blush] (That's what she said! :p)

[b][i]The Stronghold Syndrome[/i][/b]

"Hello, Lieutenat Veila. Come in, and take a seat."

Tahiri did as she was told, then looked across the table at the two men who she assumed were there to conduct her debriefing. [i]This doesn't make sense[/i]?.

One of the men was slim, below average height, wearing a General's uniform with the tan undershirt of a Starfighter Command officer; he was standing casually opposite her in the middle of the room, with the confidence of someone used to being in charge of those around him.

The other man was probably taller - it was hard to tell, as he was leaning against the wall beside the door - but definitely more strongly built, with fair hair and heroic looks; he was wearing a pilot's flightsuit, in the black style more often associated with the Imperial Navy's TIE pilots.

The General, she recognized immediately. The other man, she thought she knew as well - but the only information she had on him were decades-old photos she'd memorized in Intelligence files.

It struck her as a little odd that revising old Rebel files had been her [i]recreational reading[/i] until a few weeks earlier.

"Do you know who I am, Lieutenant?" the General asked.

"You're Wedge Antilles," she nodded. "I think I recognize your friend, too."

The dark-haired man smiled in confirmation. "Well done. Any guesses why we're here, Lieutenant?"

Tahiri shrugged, studying the two officers for a moment. She had no idea why two aging fighter aces would be assigned to conduct an Intelligence debriefing on a commando. "Possibly an attempt to confuse me?"

General Antilles grinned at that, and glanced at his comrade in approval. "Good answer. I like her."

The blond man nodded. "Me too. Do we keep her?"

"Not sure. Lieutenant? Do you have any questions?"

Tahiri just watched them for a moment, wondering exactly what their game was. Was she meant to speak? Laugh? She searched her memory for what she knew about their psych tactics.

"I don't see any Ewoks," she observed, making herself sound faintly disappointed. "Or Gamorreans?"

"Our Ewoks are away on a mission right now," the General grinned, and the other man smiled, too. "We're glad our reputation precedes us, though."

"Oh, well." Tahiri gave them a small shrug, and a slight smile. She wasn't sure what else to say - was everyone in the Rebellion really as unconcerned about stormtrooper officers wandering around as Anakin and Master Katarn?

[i]No[/i], she realized. There was method in Antilles' madness, even if it was the method of a madman. Perhaps she needed to figure it out, and that was the test here.

"I'm not sure what this is about, if I'm honest, sir," she said. "I already gave my basic report on the mission." She knew she'd done several things that she shouldn't have done, or that might make the Alliance nervous, but she wanted to stay, and she hoped they wouldn't press too hard on those points.

"Good response," Antilles nodded, glancing to the other man. "Don't you think?"

"Mm-hmm...."

Tahiri frowned. If their plan was to make her nervous and unsettled, they were succeeding.

"I'm sorry, sir," she heard herself blurt. "I don't know what this is about, and I don't think that's much help. I mean, you can put me on edge all you want, but with respect, that's something the Empire does..."

Tahiri stopped, suddenly worried.

"That was a good answer, Lieutenant," Antilles nodded.

"Could have been better, sir," she countered. "That's part of what's annoying me about this. I don't know what to do."

"Interesting response," Wedge agreed. "Tell us, Lieutenant, you've been raised from childhood to become a stormtrooper officer for the Empire." Just a hint of distaste showed in the Rebel h

8. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Liking this ... :D

Tahiri's off-center for much of the 'fic - she keeps trying to land, but can't quite find a safe spot.

(Although meeting the Ewoks would help make up for it. :D

And then she finds Anakin, and there's confusion - mixed sensor readings -

but they find the right frequency, and it all makes sense in the end. =D=

And that "to be continued" ... [face_mischief]

I think Jaina's secret friend is about to be revealed ...

Thanks for sharing,
    Onderon1

9. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    That was beautiful, just beautiful. And to prove it, I'm going to do an in depth as soon as I get the kids and their sleep over friends to bed.

PP

Okay...

Kids are in bed and here is a reply. check me out with getting it done the same day you post!

Thanks a lot to pregnantpadme and Ceillean for helping out with this.

*curtsies*
    Anytime, anywhere! Despite what it may have felt like, I really did enjoy it, and am intensely flattered that my input, whether actually used or not, was sought.

And sorry it turned out so huge.
    I?m convinced that that was the part of Anakin?s Imperial Intel File that Tahiri was the most curious about?

(That's what she said! ) After the night in the lodge?

Did I just say that?

The Stronghold Syndrome
    Was there a Strunghold or Stronghold or Stronghuld on an X-Files? In one of the kick ass season 3 episodes, one of the Nazi?s that was brought over to work for he US government? Operation Paper Clip? The episode where they say ?Lots and lots of files?? And he grew the flowers?

I kept thinking of that here. And it sort of creeped me out, so I had to sit back and meditate on A&T ?mushy? goodness and get all focused and centered.

Putting the kids and their sleepover friends to bed and having a cig helped too.

"Hello, Lieutenat Veila. Come in, and take a seat."

Tahiri did as she was told, then looked across the table at the two men who she assumed were there to conduct her debriefing. This doesn't make sense?.

I?m going to go straight to squeeing because I adore that Wedge and Tycho are here! And Imperial will likely get that. Because they are a big part of T?s life in my story, and I?ve developed a real special thing for them in relation to T, so I loved this whole bit with them and her.

One of the men was slim, below average height, wearing a General's uniform with the tan undershirt of a Starfighter Command officer; he was standing casually opposite her in the middle of the room, with the confidence of someone used to being in charge of those around him.
    I love the subtle way that you remind us about her training, the way she?s trained to asses situations, and yet its also clear that she isn?t trained to think outside the box. She?s like a computer, information in = information out.

t struck her as a little odd that revising old Rebel files had been her recreational reading until a few weeks earlier.
    Hilarious. I had an image of her and Jacen in bed, each sitting propped up reading, him reading Sith Weekly, a copy of Coruscant Industrial Average discarded next to the bed, her schnuggled down, head leaned over onto Jacen?s shoulder, old Intel files laying haphazard around her, a red marker in one hand as she goes through and makes corrections in the files.

Kriffed up domestic bliss.

Tahiri shrugged, studying the two officers for a moment. She had no idea why two aging fighter aces would be assigned to conduct an Intelligence debriefing on a commando. "Possibly an attempt to confuse me?"
    Funny that she keeps trying to give them the benefit of the doubt; she?s giving them credit for psychological tactics that they aren?t even using, but its because of her background, because Jacen is a sick kriffer who spent all his time playing with people?s heads and she knows that, so she expects it from others.

General Antilles grinned at that, and glanced at his comrade in approval. "Good answer. I like her."

The blond man nodded. "Me too. Do we keep her?"

"Not sure. Lieutenant? Do you have any questions?"

Classic Rogues. I love how they talk about her like she?s an Ewok, or a puppy.

OH! Wait! Tycho is here! Does that mean that he and Winter are together? And Winter isn?t with Han? I have to go back to the last update. I have a vague memory of you referring to her as Celchu when she came to get Tahiri from the Falcon to start her eval and debrief? have to go look.

"I don't see any Ewoks," she observed, making herself sound faintly disappointed. "Or Gamorreans?"

"Ou

10. Methoz

Methoz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Attack by the Rebel Alliance? Biiiig space fight scenes with bording attemps of an SDD? Saber fights onboard Jacen´s flagship with Kyp involved? Jaina´s desertion? - Wait a second... only one thing? As all these ideas are popping up in my head this communications disruption might have more than one reason... :p

Ah, okay - understood... now. I hope it´s still okay for you if I keep coming up with good guesses!? :D[face_batting]

Hmpf, again ambiguous as ever... could mean "not seen active in DL yet" or "was not even mentioned by name" (which would exclude Leia as my first guess). Okay, but if you don´t come up with more unambiguous hints, I have to stay with Leia [face_thinking]

==

The Stronghold Syndrome

Interesting conversation/interrogation with Wedge and Tycho. Honestly I was not getting the Ewok references first and had no good memory of all the fighter pilots to conclude it´s Tycho at Wedges side, but now I remembering not only him but have a slight clue about the Ewok references, too. If my memory would have been better, I think that this would have been not only a nice but funny chat as well. But I think Tahiri has done well - very well, even, because she was honest from the heart... especially when she told both Rebel officers that she still feels a bit attached to the Empire... very well done IS! =D=

Hm, a Gamorrean as an Intelligence officer interviewer? Hmpf, I have quite some difficulties to imagine Gamorreans other than in guard positions... but if you say so... o_O

I like Tahiri´s troubled thoughts, even if I would like to give her a hug and tell her, that she doesn´t have to worry so much... it shows very well her insecurity in this relationship. But I don´t think, that Anakin is such a busy boy, going on a date with somebody else while she is in debriefing... speaks for a low self-esteem, but after what she has gone thorugh, who can blame her?

The run with Anakin was fun but I kind of expected nothing too strange (sorry, that I was not as surprised as in the chicken scene). I could especially picture the scene pretty well where they bumped into each other when Anakin turned too sudden - very cool. I like Anakin´s playing or teasing with her... the result was an amused smirk on my face - but what about the (relieved) laughter? Hey, even if I can understand her outburst of relieved feelings... this is not fair to Anakin, who obviously tried hard to come up with such a nice surprise.

The seesaw of their feelings is great - not as great that I would like to experience it myself - but great to read. Just friends, all-night-lovers, friends again... or even more... or not? Awesome! [face_dancing]=D=

I like the revelation of her fortunate acceptance with the Rebels and especially Anakin´s comments that he could have saved them time by telling them how stubborn she has always been... =D=

Nice little kiss-game - sooo sweeeet - but more interesting is the hint of how Anakin lost Tahiri in the first place. Even still missing all the details you most certainly have already cooked up, this is just the right amount of information to have a clue of their common past - and their innocent friendship.

Nice work (again) - can´t wait for the next chapter... and I have to agree with Onderon1 on the preview... will Jaina´s secret infomant be finally revealed?

===

11. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Okay...

On my 93rd read of this chapter...

I finally got the connection between the picnic here and Episode II

[face_blush]

Hey look... I emoted for you.

I don't emote for just anyone.

Sort of gave me even more visuals, put this scene in a different light. Gave it a resonance that I had missed the first 92 times. And them running through the grass, and Padme running through the grass in the meadow after Anakin I when he was riding that nasty thing... whatever that was.

Anyway, I have no idea if you were going for that connection, but I made that connection mentally.

During the 93rd read through.

Preggers

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    seems like anakin likes to tease, huh? tahiri must have been heart broken at first.

i really liked wedge and tycho, by the way. ;)

and more t/a mush! *dreamy sigh*

13. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    She's not yet got her Rebel Base clearance codes? ;)

We didn't want to mention it directly in the 'fic, but they already have - there was an Ewok flying the speeder that picked them up from the Kuat City Excelsior and dumped them in the snow... [face_mischief]

And he's standing there on the runway, guiding her in, and ready to hug her the moment she jumps out of the cockpit! :D

At least that's the PG version. :p We're sure some people have slightly different ideas about that... [face_whistling]

We have no idea where you got that impression from. [face_mischief]

Thanks for replying! :D

We suspect that THIS will answer your questions...

Or, if you prefer, you can just read the next update. :p

Yes, it's excellent! :D

Why would Leia need to blackmail Kyp when he's with the Empire already, though? :p

The Ewok and the Gamorrean (Kollot and Piggy) are both from the Wraith Squadron novels - the Empire made them smarter than the average bear... :p

But this is a good reminder that not everyone will get every reference! :D

Methoz posted:
    I like Tahiri´s troubled thoughts, even if I would like to give her a hug and tell her, that she doesn´t have to worry so much... it shows very well her insecurity in this relationship. But I don´t think, that Anakin is such a [i]busy[/i] boy, going on a date with somebody else while she is in debriefing... speaks for a low self-esteem, but after what she has gone thorugh, who can blame her?[hr][/blockquote]

We're glad her slightly irrational actions and reactions when it comes to Anakin get some understanding. :D It really isn't easy to just shake of the past ten years of her life. :(

[blockquote][b]Methoz[/b] posted:[hr]The run with Anakin was fun but I kind of expected nothing too strange (sorry, that I was not

14. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Okay...

Kids are in bed and here is a reply. check me out with getting it done the same day you post!

We're impressed! :cool: And it made us grin and chuckle a lot. ;)

*curtsies*
    Anytime, anywhere! Despite what it may have felt like, I really did enjoy it, and am intensely flattered that my input, whether actually used or not, was sought.

Your input was used, and appreciated! :D [:D]

And sorry it turned out so huge.
    I?m convinced that that was the part of Anakin?s Imperial Intel File that Tahiri was the most curious about?

We're not sure they'd actually managed to measure it. [face_mischief]

(That's what she said! ) After the night in the lodge?

Did I just say that?

Didn't she? ;)

The Stronghold Syndrome
    Was there a Strunghold or Stronghold or Stronghuld on an X-Files? In one of the kick ass season 3 episodes, one of the Nazi?s that was brought over to work for he US government? Operation Paper Clip? The episode where they say ?Lots and lots of files?? And he grew the flowers?

I kept thinking of that here. And it sort of creeped me out, so I had to sit back and meditate on A&T ?mushy? goodness and get all focused and centered.

Putting the kids and their sleepover friends to bed and having a cig helped too.

Sorry about disturbing you... :(

... but yeah, Tahiri's been rescued by the good guys from the Space Nazis, and offered a job, so there are some similarities, maybe... :p

And yes, those were the awesome X-Files times. Ah, when we were young... *nostalgic sigh* :p

I?m going to go straight to squeeing because I adore that Wedge and Tycho are here! And Imperial will likely get that. Because they are a big part of T?s life in my story, and I?ve developed a real special thing for them in relation to T, so I loved this whole bit with them and her.

We had fun doing it, too - there's just an irreverence about W&Ty that we rather like. ;)

I love the subtle way that you remind us about her training, the way she?s trained to asses situations, and yet its also clear that she isn?t trained to think outside the box. She?s like a computer, information in = information out.

[face_laugh] Yeah. But some commands just don't seem to compute. Someone will work on that, though... [face_whistling] :p

Hilarious. I had an image of her and Jacen in bed, each sitting propped up reading, him reading Sith Weekly, a copy of Coruscant Industrial Average discarded next to the bed, her schnuggled down, head leaned over onto Jacen?s shoulder, old Intel files laying haphazard around her, a red marker in one hand as she goes through and makes corrections in the files.

Kriffed up domestic bliss.

Post-coital, so "kriffed up" is appropriate? o_O :p And we like the image. We might use it. If we ever do a flashback... [face_mischief]

Funny that she keeps trying to give them the benefit of the doubt; she?s giving them credit for psychological tactics that they aren?t even using, but its because of her background, because Jacen is a sick kriffer who spent all his time playing with people?s heads and she knows that, so she expects it from others.

Actually, Wedge and Tycho do spend a lot of the time headkriffing around with each other and their subordinates... we're not quite sure how conscious it is, but this is basically a test of Tahiri, to see how she responds to... Rebelness...

Classic Rogues. I love how they talk about her like she?s an Ewok, or a puppy.

Don't they talk like that about everyone? :p

OH! Wait! Tycho is here! Does that mean that he and Winter are together? And Winter isn?t with Han? I have to go back to the last update. I have a vague memory of you referring to her as Celchu when she came to get Tahiri from the Falcon to start her eval and debrief? have to go look.

Yes. But Winter lives with the Solos. :p

Of course, if we weren't such nice, innocent authors, people might think there's a weird, free-love Han/Chewie/Winter/Tycho/Wedge/Iella thing going on. ;) Oh, and let's not forget Ackbar! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Agai

15. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    All right, since the mush doesn't seem to have appealed to a lot of people, we'll try this... And we promise there'll be no A/T mush in the near future. ;)

[b][i]A Communications Disruption[/i][/b]

Jaina frowned, and stared at her display screen.

[color=#000000] The computer systems aboard the [/color][i]Vader[/i][color=#000000] sometimes had their temperamental days - there was a rumor that the main server was operated by a disgruntled protocol droid A.I. - but today, she felt more on edge than usual.[/color]

[color=#000000] She'd been waiting for five minutes, and the Borleias node still hadn't confirmed. What she was doing was important, and illegal, even for a Princess, so perhaps that was why she was getting nervous.[/color]

[color=#000000] Or perhaps it was more than that.[/color]

[color=#000000] Frustrated, she flipped another window to the front of the display, and clicked through to the next screen - a harmless move on the unencrypted connection that she was running in the background.[/color]

[color=#000000] But nothing happened.[/color]

[color=#000000] Jaina watched for a few seconds as the 'loading' glyph spun in the same endless circle. She took a sip of her caf, then kicked back the chair, and turned for the door, pulling on her uniform tunic as she moved.[/color]

[color=#000000] Something was wrong here.[/color]

[color=#000000] Apart from being outside the regular chain of command, there wasn't much real upside to being the only squadron leader with a duty office on the command deck, caged inside Jacen's private domain - but sometimes Jaina was grateful for the one advantage that her position provided. The corridors nearby were always busy with senior officers and aides. It was normally easy enough to find out what was going on during an alert.[/color]

[color=#000000] But today, it seemed, nothing was going right.[/color]

[color=#000000] "Sir," she said, catching General Vessery as he stepped out of a turbolift, and falling in step beside him. "Something seems to be going on, and I need to know how to deploy my assets." Of course, her assets currently consisted of herself - still grounded - plus a protocol droid that she was sure was a spy for Jacen, and a rack of brand-new TIEs without any pilots authorized to fly them; but Vessery probably didn't know that.[/color]

[color=#000000] "Speak to your brother, Black Lead," was the only answer he offered, though. "I'm on the way to meet him now."[/color]

[color=#000000] Jaina didn't really want to be with Jacen, so she declined; but several more attempts to get an answer brought her no result: she asked two admirals, an adjutant and three colonels, but they all seemed confused and worried, their actions driven by a sense of urgency and slight danger.[/color]

[color=#000000] Though none of them knew exactly why.[/color]

[color=#000000] After a fruitless discussion with one of Admiral Jeratai's aides, she spotted an R-series astromech droid, weaving its way cockily between the officers in the corridor. She frowned, blocked its path, and looked down at the droid.[/color]

[color=#000000] "Do [/color][i]you[/i][color=#000000] have any idea what's going on here?" she asked.[/color]

[color=#000000] The droid, with its ability to monitor the main computers, was at least able to tell her more than the command crew. "Communications are offline?" she asked, translating aloud. "Oh-kay..."[/color]

[color=#000000] It was slightly worrying to think that the nameless astromech knew more than the senior personnel.[/color]

[color=#000000]The droid spun its domed head a little, as if looking at her slightly askew - an expression she felt she recognized from somewhere. Then it gave another binary whistle, one she thought meant [i]incoming enemy fighter on your tail[/i].[/color]

[color=#000000]Jaina turned around, and frowned at the sight of Kyp Durron advancing in her direction. His office was down in the hangar complex and he didn't usually hang around the command levels unless Jacen requested his presence.[/color]

[color=#000000]"Kyp, what are yo

16. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Update. :D

Jaina and her new friend: Interesting ... so it's not his doing. And how will he help her ... ?

Kyp: VERY interesting background. Given that he was one part of the Alliance, then ... switched sides? Became a deep cover agent? Didn't have a choice? ... his actions (apparent and otherwise) take on entirely new meanings ... [face_thinking]

And Jacen: Oh dear. :( I think someone's about to get a rude awakening ...

the sleeper awakens?

Thanks again -

Onderon1

17. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    The Prophetess of Doom here.

I'm checking in for just a second to tell you that I'm absolutely terrified for Anankin and Tahiri. I'm going to guess the while A&T are blissing out in the tall grass, Jacen is sitting down to reach out to Tahiri in the Force and she isn't even going realize that she's the naked harbinger of Anakin's destruction. She will have no idea that she is bring him down while they are getting down...

I could have a lot of fun with this.

But you'll probably send me to deck seventy... and I'd rather not go there.

Anyway, if Jacen was sitting down to meditate and reach out to Tahiri in the Force, and she's finally thrown that leg over Anakin... If that is where you go... Bravo you evil feind, and I look forward to more. And I owe a more in depth review but I'm not even supposed to be on line right now. I also have comments to your comments to my last repliy that made me laugh put loud!
    PP

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    A secret assault on the rebel base O.O very interesting.

19. Methoz

Methoz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    LOL... I had totally forgotten! Okay... but who invades whom? ;)

I am sure, you (and me) would come up with lots of possibilities :p

===

A Communications Disruption

Hm, I have to suppress some comments for the first part... but nice confused crowded scene. It´s easy to picture... and I wonder if Jaina has translated the last comment from the droid wrong or what that was supposed to mean otherwise... [face_thinking]:p

Okay... the reason for the communications disruption is indeed invasion - but totally different than expected - again you caught me! Jacen ordered this? Let´s see, if this is really the plan or if he is only a good player...

...and he is ordering to kill his dad? Okay, he just turned his creepyness-factor on again! :eek:

Hmmm... and who is the Rebel agent he is referring to? Does he really mean Tahiri? Is she playing the whole Rebellion? Or is there someone else? Hopefully... I mean, most probably there is someone else... [face_worried]:confused:

Mysterious, mysterious... interesting thoughts Kyp has in his head. Who are the one or two people that he was obliged to contact if this happened? Obviously you don´t want to reveal it right now... but one might definitely be Kyp´s secret blackmailer... seems like it wasn´t Leia after all! [face_thinking]

And for the third part of this chapter... I knew it... Jacen really only wants the best for his sister! :D

Nice update once again... and you are right - it was indeed enough food for thought... but a preview would have been nice as well! :p

===

Hehe, I had similar thoughts! :D

Perhaps you misunderstood - perhaps A/T are the only two survivors after Jacen crushes the complete Rebel base! [face_skull]

20. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    *Screams with maniacal laughter*

That would rock the house!!!

A Communications Disruption
    because I do have a one track mind? I?m thinking that this is ultimately going to be more of a Hook Up Disruption? of course the Hook up started in the last update.

The computer systems aboard the Vader sometimes had their temperamental days
    Naturally? but can they Force choke any one?

She'd been waiting for five minutes, and the Borleias node still hadn't confirmed.
    Borleias = Dial Up?

Something was wrong here.
    Subtle?

Apart from being outside the regular chain of command, there wasn't much real upside to being the only squadron leader with a duty office on the command deck, caged inside Jacen's private domain - but sometimes Jaina was grateful for the one advantage that her position provided. The corridors nearby were always busy with senior officers and aides. It was normally easy enough to find out what was going on during an alert.
    Interesting. I hadn?t caught this before; that Jacen now has her basically living on his desk. He must really be bored now that Anakin is playing with his toy.

I need to know how to deploy my assets."
    I had to do a double take on that sentence, and not because of my one track mind? but just because I don?t typically read the more military stuff, and this sort of took me by surprise.

Of course, her assets currently consisted of herself - still grounded - plus a protocol droid that she was sure was a spy for Jacen, and a rack of brand-new TIEs without any pilots authorized to fly them; but Vessery probably didn't know that.
    But than I read the rest of the sentence and it made me laugh. Because her baby brother thinks he can keep a scantily clad woman from freezing to death in a snow storm with a blaster and a stick of bubble gum, why wouldn?t Jaina consider herself, an ?enemy? spybot and a few empty TIE?s ?assets??

She is a Solo.

After a fruitless discussion with one of Admiral Jeratai's aides, she spotted an R-series astromech droid, weaving its way cockily between the officers in the corridor.
    FIVER!!!!!!!!!

I love how he?s weaving his way ?cockily? between officers? as if Anakin?s droid could weave any other way.

I?m surprised he didn?t swagger.

It was slightly worrying to think that the nameless astromech knew more than the senior personnel.
    If you knew his name Jaina, you?d understand why he knows more than the senior officers, or, why he?s willing to cough up the information to you.

The droid spun its domed head a little, as if looking at her slightly askew - an expression she felt she recognized from somewhere. Then it gave another binary whistle, one she thought meant incoming enemy fighter on your tail.
    That made me laugh out loud!

Jaina turned around, and frowned at the sight of Kyp Durron advancing in her direction. ????

"Nothing good," he answered. He seemed tense, his eyes gleaming dangerously.

Now here?s something interesting; you almost had me thinking in this update that Kyp might be a really good guy, or, if not, at least a Rebel informant. Okay, maybe a very flawed guy who doesn?t know how not to indulge in his own worst impulses, but one of those is to feed information to the enemy when you are sitting as close to the upper echelons of Imperial power as Kyp is. Interesting either way.

"I'll find out," he offered, interrupting before she could say anything. "You stay where you are."
    And for some reason I keep being surprised that Kyp might actually care about Jaina.

Or he?s just super bossy.

The little droid whistled a sympathetic note. It didn't help.
    Where was Fiver when I was in that relationship?

Jacen turned, and looked at him, as if amused. "Kyp," he greeted him, as if they were off duty.
    I kept flashing to Jacen?s ?juvenile pride? as Viqi put it?
    "What for?" Kyp frowned. I don't like the s

21. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Okay,definitely gonna keep rereading this, too.

All right, since the mush doesn't seem to have appealed to a lot of people? It appeals to me [face_batting] 8-} [face_shhh]

Of course, her assets currently consisted of herself - still grounded - plus a protocol droid that she was sure was a spy for Jacen, and a rack of brand-new TIEs without any pilots authorized to fly them

[face_laugh]

But there was a flicker of uncertainty there, too, and for once, she suspected it wasn't to do with their personal relationship.

Oooh. [face_idea]

Jacen nodded, looking very pleased. "We're going to visit an old friend of yours, Commander Durron. I trust you won't hesitate if I send Saber Squadron against the Millennium Falcon. I know you put duty above friendship, and I really don't want the arch-terrorist to escape. The Empress would be so disappointed...." As he finished, he gave Kyp a smirk.

Why hasn?t someone rung his neck yet? Geez, he?s so sick/twisted/evil. Very suiting for Jacen. We all knew he?d be the crazy one no matter what. All those years talking to animals?. :p

Haha, nice.
    love, marybeth

EDIT: gah, can't even spell my name tonight. you know it's getting late when that happens....

22. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I can't remember if I have replied to this yet or not either but if I haven't sorry for lurking so long, I've really been enjoying your A/T and Jaina/Kyp.
    I'd love it if you added me to the PM and list and I'll try to do a better job of replying to posts!

23. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    hey!! whoops, seems like I missed the last update... [face_blush] but it has been read, immensely enjoyed, and now here's a quick reply!

The Anakin and Tahiri update was lovely - I'm wondering whether Anakin was purposely being confusing, or if he's just a silly boy. I hope Jacen doesn't mess things up too much... I mean, I'm sure he will, because he seems to enjoy messing with people's lives like that. Oh well, one can hope, yes? OH, and you also already know how much I enjoyed seeing Wedge and Tycho! :D

And I'm REALLY interested about the latest update. What's going on??? (I don't really expect you to answer that, don't worry :p) - I'm also pretty excited to see Fiver! I hope he and Jaina have lots of good conversations... but he doesn't seem to like Kyp too much, does he? hm... they'll just have to get to know each other.

Hmm... I'm trying to figure out this statement. Does this mean that the other person Kyp's thinking of is also a member of the Imperial family, I wonder? Or, I could be misreading that. Hm. But this does make me curious about Leia and Luke at this point in time, and what's going on in the real upper echelons of the Empire.

What's going to happen??? I sense that there will be many changes ahead for the Solos and company. I can't wait! ;)

24. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Geez Jacen sure is being evil, threatening to destroy Kyp Durron's old friend who is actually Jacen's father o_O;

Liked it, can't wait til the next one.

25. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Hey everyone. Just a quick message to let you know that due to time constrains we've been unable to keep working on this, as you've undoubtedly noticed. :(
    Unfortunately it's still not clear when that's going to change, but we'll let you know if there's any news.
    Thanks to all of you for the comments and the support and sorry about this. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.