main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Kyp's good enough as a pilot. That doesn't excuse the harassment of other pilots, of course. [face_shame_on_you]

Anakin isn't going to see much of the SSD, I'm afraid. [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading and the lovely and encouraging comment. :D [:D]

Hey. Welcome and thanks. Added you to the PM list. :)

I hope this fanfic has more to offer than K/J. It has J/T as well. :p
    As for other 'ships... There's going to be A/T, but I don't intend to have L/M in it. Thought Luke will not be single. :eek: ;)

Let's hope so. I don't want another L/L! [face_sick] :p

Twisted? But... this is nothing in comparison to what'll happen in future. [face_worried] :p

You've got Jaina pegged, though. ;)

Added to PM list. :)

It definitely goes both ways. [face_mischief]

Thanks! So much praise! I feel honored. [face_blush]

Glad you like the K/J. It's definitely going to be interesting with them, IMHO. :p

2. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002

Hehe, it excites me to know that you have only scratched the surface with them. I love me some twisted K/J. [face_mischief]

I am eagerly looking forward to more and thaks for adding me to the PM list!

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    That didn?t quite have the impact she?d have hoped when it was fielded by a grinning, broad-chested Kyp Durron, dressed just in boxer shorts.

:D What a wonderful way to sign off for the night. :p

I'm totally liking your Kyp. The banter between him and Jaina is great.
    Really looking forward to Anakin.

Great update!
    =D=

4. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Tahiri stood on the Vader?s bridge, a few steps behind Jacen.

She kept very still, her body poised, her mind calm. She was ready to do anything he asked, and to respond to any threat that she might have to defend him from.

She felt good about herself, as well.

?Lieutenant.? Jacen beckoned without looking round, and she walked quickly up to stand beside him. He nodded at the displays in front of them, the sprite-like Rebel fighters dancing round the city-sized command ship. ?A little test. What's wrong with this situation??

He grinned at her, and she could feel a subtle current of his influence in the Force, followed by a familiar sharpening of her perceptions.

Pushing away the distracting thoughts that came with Jacen?s Force-touch, she looked at the displays, thinking hard. ?They can?t believe they have a chance of doing serious damage with a handful of fighters... Why would they waste resources??

?Rebels are not rational, Tahiri,? Jacen reminded her softly. ?They wouldn't fight at all if they were... but go on. In their own minds, their plans must make sense.?

He seemed thoughtful himself, his eyes flickering between her face and the screens. It looked like he wanted her to find the answer quickly.

She felt calm, clear?and suddenly, certain. ?It's a diversion...?

?Good.? Jacen smiled in approval

She answered with a worried look. ?But what from??

His grin brightened for her again, and she warmed with pride as he followed it with an approving nod.

?You tell me?? he suggested, glancing knowingly at the screen.

Tahiri opened herself up to the Force, and closed her eyes in concentration. She could feel Jacen?s gaze on her, his approval adding to her own confidence in the Force.

But she could also sense a slightly familiar presence, somewhere else aboard the command ship. That wasn't here before...

He eyes sprang open. ?They're on the ship!?

Jacen?s eyebrows lifted up. ?Are you sure?!? He sounded surprisingly angry, but he wasn?t accusing her of failure.

She responded with a determined nod, guiding him in the Force to what she had felt?and reaching out to scan through the ship again.

Without really thinking about it, her hand had moved to touch the lightsaber at her belt.

?They must have some of their own Force-users with them,? he told her, with a twisted grin that told her he was looking forward to the combat.

She?d figured out already that they?d have Jedi with them, but she was used to Jacen?s habit of stating the obvious occasionally. ?Do you want any of them alive??

?Do what you think is best, Lieutenant,? he said. ?I've been looking forward to seeing you in action against our enemies.? His grin grew wider. ?Treat them as you see fit. Their lives belong to you.?

She beamed back at him, happy to finally be fulfilling the purpose she?d been born for.

?I have to stay here, to co-ordinate our defenses,? he said, a little reluctantly. ?But I will be with you, in the Force.? He looked straight into her eyes ?Always.?

She nodded, and turned to leave. As she walked from the bridge, she was already reaching ahead with her powers, trying to locate her prey.

Then she found them, and broke into a run?her lightsaber in her hand, a deadly glint in her eyes.

Behind her, Jacen watched with unfettered pride.

Poor Jace couldn't put two and two together. ;)

[b]Tomorrow:[/b] Anakin. Promise! :p

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    That was good and Sithly! Tahiri feels she is doing what she was born for. Was she basically raised to be a hand like Mara? That would be fitting given she didn't have a pleasant childhood at the academy at Yavin. Still dying to see Luke, but I'll be happy with the Anakin post too.

6. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    That would be fitting given she didn't have a pleasant childhood at the academy at Yavin.

What makes you think there was an academy at Yavin? With Luke as a Sith and very much in charge of the Empire, the academy never would or could have been established. Unless some Jedi did it in secret but if Tahiri had attended, surely she would have told the Imperials of its location and whatnot. I think that Tahiri was found on Tatooine and raised to be an Imperial, very much like what you said earlier about Mara.

I like the Tahiri POV, and it's interesting how she could sense the Rebels aboard the ship while Jacen couldn't. I would say that that could suggest some kind of special emotional attachment between her and another Rebel but then I don't think she would have revealed who and what she sensed. Then again, it could have been a previous relationship . . . [face_thinking]

7. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    Holy moley.

YES!

ANAKIN!

mwah!

One question though, do they know eachother?
    and are the Sith using the Dark Side? Is Tahiri using the Dark Side while touching the Force?

8. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I need more K/J!

Great updates.

9. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Well, don't get too excited. It's a recipe for disappointment. Or... It might live up to your wildest dreams/nightmares? :eek: ;)

Thanks! :D Let me know what you think about Anakin. :p

Hey, they aren't really Sith! Even though reading Revelation did remind me of this fanfic's J/T at times. :p

Yes, Tahiri was raised to be something similar to what Mara and the others were to Palpatine. She's been with Jacen since she was about 9 or 10 years old. But who says her childhood in canon was pleasant? [face_thinking] :p

Luke's not going to appear for a looooong time. Sorry. Now I feel bad. :(

You're right about the academy. There was none. This is an AU in which Dark Empire turned out slightly different. I probably should put that in the header. :p
    You are overestimating Luke's position within the Empire, however. And here I thought I gave enough hints. Within and outside of the story. [face_mischief]

I would say you're right on track with one of your theories. ;)

You said it would be one question... [face_shame_on_you] So which one do you want me to answer? o_O

:p Just kidding. Are you asking if Anakin and Tahiri know each other? They'll meet soon enough, so you might find out then. Or go and look for clues I dropped. :p

As I said above, I wouldn't call them Sith. Besides: [face_chicken] "There is no dark side." ;)
    Seriously, I don't think Tahiri has been using it very much. Neither has Jacen, to be honest. At least not excessively. He's still looking fresh and hot. :p Probably not what you wanted to know. ;)

What's the deal with your signature, btw.? Wanna explain the Riina part to me? o_O

Thanks. :D More K/J coming after the Anakin update. Although I strongly hope people will like the other 'ship(s), as well... [face_worried]

10. Lightsaber123

Aug 31, 2007
    I will explain with pleasure.

You see, Darth Mu and Lightsaber are the same person.

Benriina shipper.

I have this pet theory that Tahiri is the dominant personality in the LOTF series, and that Riina has been incapacitated by her. (see my vig on the subject (Tah'erai, DARE challenge).

another pet theory of mine is that the personality we know and love who actually fell in love with Anakin Solo in Conquest, Rebirth and SbS is Riina, and not, I repeat, not Tahiri.

So now I that I know Riina still loves Anakin, and that what we have in LOTF is not her, I can sleep at night.

So I guess I am still a Beniri shipper, from a certain point of view ;) 8)

11. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    What does Anakin have to do with your Ben-whoever 'shipping? :p

I'm not sure I agree with your POV on who fell in love with Anakin. I'm pretty sure Tahiri already had a huge crush on him before she was shaped. In LotF she still doesn't seem to be over him, so why do you think she doesn't love him (anymore)? o_O

12. Lightsaber123

Aug 31, 2007
    Read Kidan's Beniri work and you'll understand the Ben-iri part of it.
    now add that thought to what I put up above, and you'll reach true understanding.
    of the holiness of all thing Benriina!

anyway, what I propose is that, sure, Tahiri had a crush on him before she was shaped, but Riina was the one who brought things to the next level. Think of Tahiri as Anakin's highschool sweetheart, and Riina as the girlfriend in College, and eventual fiancee.

but then Anakin was cut down, and Riina was devastated. This allows Tahiri to take advantage of the situation.

Now read some of Jedi Ant's and Thrawn's twisted Tahiri works (by twisted I mean in a good way regarding their authorship, Tahiri's the one who's twisted, not their writing).

Eventually Ben and Tahiri will meet eachother in mortal combat, (read Mira Jade's Eden Crucified, DARE challenge).

but instead of the way MIra had it, Riina will resurface and beckons to Ben's good side.

Eventually they realize their love after a long and arduous process.

And they get married, continue the Skywalker line, and live happily ever after.

The end.

13. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Tee hee...

I may agree with you, partly, on Tahiri/Riina, but I'm definitely not a Ben/Tahiriina 'shipper, sorry! :p

I prefer fanfic where Anakin is alive. Like here... Now... :p

14. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    The second update, as promised. :D Thanks to MarasFire for the beta work. [:D]

As he walked back into the main hold from working on the [i]Lone Star[/i]?s engines, Anakin Solo felt a gentle nudge in the Force.

It felt strangely familiar?a memory, rather than a warning; but it was gone before the young Rebel could really think about it. So he ignored it, and carried on wiping the coolant off his hands.

His co-pilot was still exactly where he?d left him, sitting at the commscan console opposite the boarding hatch, monitoring the progress of the strike team as they made their way through the Star Destroyer.

He looked up as Anakin returned, and offered him a pair of questioning eyebrows.

?You?re frowning, Captain Solo,? he said to Anakin. ?Something bothering you??

?Yeah, Val.? Anakin walked over, and leaned on the computer desk beside the younger man, peering at the display showing where the strike team were. He grinned faintly. ?Why would they keep a secret weapon in junior officers? quarters??

?Nobody would expect it there, would they?? Valin Horn answered, with a confident smirk?one that was bordering on the [i]smug[/i], to be entirely honest.

But Anakin didn?t mind.

?Good point, kid,? he laughed. ?You?re a credit to Alliance Intelligence.? He paused for effect, and smirked at the younger man. ?But you spooks still don?t know exactly [i]what[/i] it is we?re trying to find here, right??

?We?ll know very shortly,? Valin answered, with the shining confidence of a true innocent. ?We have an excellent team on this.? He paused, as if to think, and in a moment, his mood changed. ?I just wish they?d assigned us as more than kriffing valets to park the ship.? He fell silent, and now his fists were clenched, and a tense frown darkened his face.

?Hey,? Anakin countered. ?We have an important job here?not getting killed, and making sure that the others get off safe if [i]they[/i] run into trouble.? He gave Valin an encouraging grin. ?Does ?getaway driver? sound cooler, Lieutenant??

Valin grinned back, and Anakin smiled at that. All fixed, until the kid?s next mood swing.

It wasn?t a lie, either. Anakin really was fine with waiting?this time, anyway.

[i]Take it easy, get the timing right. [/i]

At that moment, there was a sound of servos on the deck, and a small astromech droid rolled into the compartment, bleeping quietly to attract his Master?s attention.

Anakin frowned when he saw why. The black-and-chrome paint-job he?d given the R7 unit had started to flake around his input ports again.

?Hang on, Fiver,? he sighed. ?Let me fix that up for you.?

He fetched the spray-can and the micro-planer, and crouched down with the droid, setting to work. First, he had to take off the flaking paint?

Behind him, he heard Valin sigh. He could feel the young man?s gaze on his back, and he could tell that he was starting to frown again.

?They?ll be all right,? Valin said eventually. ?I just don?t like waiting around if I could be killing Imps.?

Anakin didn?t reply. The important thing was repairing the droid?s paint-job?and getting the mission done.

[i]I?ll settle for just finding out what the mission actually is[/i], Anakin mused.

It was typical of the way the Alliance worked. Their intelligence consisted of just a transport schedule?a communications intercept, or maybe a leak from an agent inside the Empire.

Three weeks earlier, Special Weapons Prototype XJ-18, code-named ?Storm Raider? had been transferred from a weapons-development compound on Carida to the Star Destroyer [i]Vader[/i], traveling under Lord Skywalker?s personal supervision.

Perhaps some of the senior commanders knew what the ?Storm Raider? was. Perhaps even Valin did.

[i]But I doubt it. [/i]

?Relax,? Anakin said to Valin, as he finished clearing off the mess from Fiver?s chassis, and started to apply the paint. ?Even if something goes wrong, you don?t want to get jittery. It doesn?t help.?

As he spoke, he slipped with the brush, and Fiver let

15. Lightsaber123

Aug 31, 2007
    first

lol.

I guess Team Leader didn't make it. squeeeeeeee.

hehehe.

man, I don't know if it's just me, but stamn it that line was funny.

Anyway, as long as you agree on Tahiri/Riina, my work is almost complete. Now I only have to wait a few months till Invicinble to be able to prove myself as a prophet of the dark side.

ahem.

anyway, I take it Tahiri/Anakin indeed do know eachother. Although does this mean that in this fic the YZ never happened? so Tahiri was never shaped?

16. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    Interesting theory you have about Tahiri and Riina, MU. Not saying that I agree but it is interesting.

It's funny how Valin is portrayed here. He's an Intelligence officer but still obviously so young. And I like how Anakin knows his subordinates very well.

Looking forward to your next update! I know I won't have to wait long ;) By the way, it's kind of funny how we tend to get on- and offline at the same time :D

17. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    That's exactly what I was saying. "She didn't have...at Yavin." There is no Yavin Praxeum. Everything here is changed.

Good update...although I wish you hadn't left us hanging. Now I'm wondering if Anakin's gonna make it out of there. I know Jacen wants him. Perehaps at least the spy droid will help. I liked your use of Valin. He seems quite young and impetuous, but that makes him endearing as a character. Anakin seems a bit more like his dad crossed with the best parts of Corran Horn. :D

18. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    Intriguing, ImperialSolo.

Alema Rar. :) :p Stupid Valin. Heh heh. Loved Anakin's superiority complex, and the way he toys with Valin. Great!

Jacen is being foolish, meseemeth. Very foolish. His general treatment of Tahiri, of his subordinates, his haughtiness - Luke should not have allowed him to become that. Methinks Mara would have been an excellent choice for a master, given Jacen's tendencies.

Lightsaber, I like your theory, kinda. Write it?

Yours, Alkibiades

19. Durroness

Sep 4, 2002
    Well perhaps not everything has changed. I mean, clearly, Alema is still the... flirtatious girl we all know and love. [face_mischief]

Oh, Anakin, how I miss him. It always makes me kind of sad to read him in fanfic, because it reminds me that its all I'm ever going to get. For me, as time passes, his death seems so much more sad and meaningless. But even though it makes me a bit nostalgic, thank you for including him! He has nothing but potencial.

And dont worry about disapointing me with the K/J. I'm pretty sure that its not even possible anyways. Thanks for the updates!

20. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I like the foreshadowing feeling Anakin has :)

21. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Interesting...

22. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Ahh, this took longer than I had planned. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

?Saber Eleven standing by, sir.?

Jaina?s voice was clipped and formal, but Kyp couldn?t resist a grin. He liked having her on his wing. ?Stand by to launch.?

The lights on the console in front of him blinked to green, and he was jerked back into his seat as the tractor-beam catapults sent the two TIE Fighters screaming out of the hangar, into open space.

Kyp leaned slightly on the control yoke, twisting his own fighter round towards the edge of the [i]Vader[/i]?s hull. Jaina followed, angry and focused?burning in the Force with a desire to prove how good she was.

?You seem tense, Eleven,? he commed. ?Stick close, watch my wing.?

?Why?? she answered, sounding more amused than he expected. ?You think those Rebels could get you??

?No,? he clipped back. ?I just like you doing what I tell you.? He smiled, as a group of three red icons appeared in his helmet display. ?See those X-wings??

?Yes, sir.? The reply came through gritted teeth, and Kyp laughed. It didn?t take much to push Jaina back to where he wanted her.

?Good.? Kyp braked the TIE sharply, swerving back around her wing, and slotting in to follow the course she set. ?You're flight lead, Eleven. I have your wing. Now kill them.?

?Copy that, sir.?

There were three of them up ahead. X-wings skimming the hull. Jaina didn't say anything more, but focused her attention on the targets.

A moment?s uncertainty disturbed her control, but it was quickly overcome by a desire to prove herself and claim the kill. She attacked the X-wings head-on, and nailed the first with her first few shots. It disintegrated in an explosion, blast debris forcing the other two to break.

Jaina just toggled her shields to double front, and zoomed straight through the fading brightness of the explosion.

Kyp followed, sticking close on her tail. He throttled back slightly, and sent a couple of laser bolts to discourage one of the Rebs from trying to cut in on Jaina?s tail, but mainly, he was enjoying being the audience as she killed Rebels.

He grinned, as her lasers stripped the shields off a second X-wig. ?Good shot, Saber Eleven!?

She didn?t even answer with a trigger-click: she was totally focused on her targets. She spun around and took out the third in a brief head-to-head fight, and then there was just the one without his shields, running for cover beneath the [i]Vader[/i]?s mighty hull.

As they zoomed back towards the Super Star Destroyer, Kyp noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Sitting in the recessed brim-trench between the armored skirts of the upper and lower hull, there was something that didn?t quite belong there.

Captain Vehn?s words came back to him, and he smiled tightly.

?Eleven, there's our shuttle, sitting on the hull.?

But they flashed past it too fast. Jaina was pursuing the remaining X-wing to the other side of the [i]Vader[/i], and Kyp, as her wing-mate, just had to follow.

That wasn?t a problem, though. Kyp toggled his comm to the squadron channel. ?Two Flight, Saber Lead. Captain, there's something sticking to the hull inside the port brim-trench. Looked like a light freighter. Head over, and check it out.?

?Copy, Lead.? Saber Five?s answer was cool and precise. ?Thanks for the tip.?

?You see, Eleven,? Kyp teased. ?[i]Some[/i] of my pilots know how to behave properly.?

She ignored him. Instead of answering, she drilled a precise, economical burst of laser-shots into the engines of the final X-wing.

[i]Controlled anger[/i], Kyp thought, watching the Rebel plane explode. Jaina Skywalker was good?much better than her brother, maybe even better than Kyp himself, in terms of her raw potential.

That was a worrying thought, but also one that cheered Kyp up. It promised to make things interesting.

Then he saw the two Rebel fighters dropping out of the darkness of the [i]Vader[/i]?s massive hangar complex. They were A-wings, small but powerful, with compact hulls sheathed in black stealth armour.

He twisted o

23. Durroness

Sep 4, 2002

Omg, I loved this. It had me snickering both times I read the post. I love bossy Kyp, semi-naked Kyp, controlling Kyp, and Snarky Kyp! Thanks for including all of my favs! :D

Great post. As curious as I am about Anakin, you cant go wrong with a K/J post. Great job! And thanks for the PM!

24. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    I just caught that. So Luke isn't the Emperor? And as for hints... you're not saying that Leia is Empress, are you? I thought she was a Rebel! :eek: [face_thinking] Now I'll have to look for all the Leia references...:p

?That?s Anakin Solo.?

She could feel his eyes on her, watching for her reaction, but she betrayed no outward response to the name. The Rebel leader?s son. It was just information.

I automatically assumed that meant Leia but now I think that it's Han, which would make sense since Anakin kept the name Solo while Jaina and Jacen are Skywalkers...

?Perhaps you should take that up with your mother, Princess??

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself?but she couldn?t quite keep the sarcasm out of her voice. ?I will, thank you.?

...and Jaina couldn't have asked her mother for her own squadron if Leia wasn't in command of the Empire, and Jaina wouldn't technically have been a Princess...

?You?re one of my pilots. You?re my responsibility. Besides, who do you think your mother told to babysit him??

?She did what?!?

?She ordered me to watch him. Stop him making mistakes, clean up any mess he makes." Kyp smirked. "Wipe his smelly butt."

...and it makes much more sense for Kyp to have taken orders from the Empress than from a Rebel leader.

Wow, I love subtlety. =D= Now I'm thinking that Luke and Leia were both turned to the dark side but that Han somehow managed to grab Anakin and stay with the Rebellion. I wonder why Tahiri wasn't sure if Anakin looked familiar to her, and coupled with your insinuation that they knew each other earlier... did the Skywalkers wipe her memory or something?

?You seem tense, Eleven,? he commed. ?Stick close, watch my wing.?

?Why?? she answered, sounding more amused than he expected. ?You think those Rebels could get you??

?No,? he clipped back. ?I just like you doing what I tell you.?

I loved that as well. And now I'm dying to know what happened before and what will happen later!!

25. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    only next time . meh , I want to know it know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.