main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    That was a worrying thought, but also one that cheered Kyp up. It promised to make things interesting. [face_thinking]

Schöner Kyp...[face_love] Honestly, I'm liking Kyp more and more. And I do completely understand Jaina's frustration with the man. He tends to be a great pain in the ass it seems.

Looking forward to more. Specially with freaky Jacen.
    =D=

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Your dirty Imp Kyp is fun! He's such a cocky pilot, just like Jaina Skywalker! Got to love that twist on things!

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is great!
    A really interesting angle on things. Curious to see where this goes.
    If you have a PM list I would like to be on it.

4. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Replies soon. Here's the next update:

The showdown with the Rebels was only seconds away now. Tahiri could feel the tingle of anticipation in her body, and only Imperial self-discipline kept her from grinning. Both sides?Rebel and Imperial?were using illusions to try and deceive the other.

The Rebels, with their perversions of the Jedi Arts, had created some twisted shield effect that made their passage through the Star Destroyer?s corridors invisible. Tahiri could see the stresses and eddies that it was creating in the Force, the bright, frayed edges of the illusion.

She could also see the Rebels clearly, heading straight for her down the corridor. She recognized the leader?Corran Horn, one of their lead agents. Behind him followed a woman who seemed intensely focused, and who she could tell was the source of their protective illusions, even if the lines of Force weren?t as clear as she?d expected.

As she tried to analyze the skein of energy, she felt that funny flicker in the Force again?and realized that it wasn?t coming from the group in front of her. There must be other Rebels aboard the [i]Vader[/i], probably a backup team with the transport they?d used to get aboard.

They weren't her immediate problem. Behind Horn and the woman came three heavily-armed aliens, two Twi?lek females?a teenage filly and an older mare?and a young bull Barabel. Typical of the lesser species the Rebels deceived into serving their agenda, she felt a twist of pity for them.

But these three also carried lightsabers, and that meant their training had consisted of much more than indoctrination and combat boot camp. She couldn?t allow her sympathy for the oppressed and misled to blind her to the danger.

Perhaps a flicker of reaction showed on her face, or perhaps she just held her chin a little higher, because one of the Twi?leks glanced in her direction. But it was just a casual look, a curious glance, and it didn?t mean that the Rebel scum had realized the threat.

They could see her, all right?a young woman in the uniform of an Imperial officer, marching down the corridor at the head of a squad of stormtroopers. They just had no idea that she could see them, as well.

It was a much simpler, much cleaner illusion than the aberration of the Force that they were using. It was all about psychology and timing, with no Force-trickery involved at all.

Clean, efficient, economical. It was a thoroughly Imperial approach?and, of course, the Rebels couldn?t grasp how much better it was than their own foolishness.

They had no way to anticipate the attack.

Tahiri frowned slightly, and felt a darker current stir beneath her discipline and confidence. Jacen?s battle-meditation was deepening, his will sharpening her perceptions and intentions. For a moment, she felt an insane urge to peel back her lips and grin like an animal, an urge she knew was not her own. She suppressed it, and focused Jacen?s strength into the battle.

And then the Jedi were gesturing to one another, flattening against the wall as she walked past. They hadn?t realized she could see them?they were just making sure she didn?t literally walk straight into them. She looked straight ahead, walking down the line until she?d reached the Twi?lek female taking up the rear.

[i]Now, Tahiri![/i] Jacen?s voice commanded her.

She flexed the tendons of her forearm, dropping her lightsaber into her grasp, and spun into the attack?the blood-crimson blade stabbing out. Behind her, the stormtroopers spun towards the Rebels, and raised their blasters to firing positions.

As she moved, she realized that the Rebels were reacting too, bringing up their own weapons in counter-attack. The sudden surge of Jacen?s will and anger in the Force, directed against them, had warned them a split-second too soon.

It still didn?t stop her.

The Twi?lek gasped in pain and shock, as Tahiri?s lightsaber burned a red-hot wound into her side.

She tugged the saber back out, and elbowed the girl aside. The Barabel was spinning round now, and she slashed at his

5. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    [face_worried] :eek:

Coherent sentences aren't really coming right now so I promise a proper post soon. Homework proofs... arrgh! :D Great job though!

6. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Wow, great update!
    Thanks for the PM.

7. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    A great update . Very cool.

8. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    great fight scene, can't wait to see what Anakin does when he arrives :)

9. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Very interesting and nice tense place to leave that post. Can't wait to see what Tahiri faces... or what this secret project is!

10. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    ooo ooo ooooooo!!! Love love lovin it! Could you add me to the PM list? Thanks!

and question...did I read Empress way back when?? Did I like totally miss something as to that characters identity??

~Flame

11. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Great update! I love your Tahiri!!!! Come on Corran! Show who's boss!

12. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    That's exactly what it means. The Yuuzhan Vong never attacked in this AU.

Valin isn't that much younger than Anakin, though. Just 2 or 3 years. I made him 18 in this fanfic. I think there were some contradictions as to his age in canon, so I just decided for myself. :p

I think by mentioning us being online at the same time you must have jinxed it. ;)

You don't like cliffhangers? :p

It's interesting that you like Valin. [face_thinking] I didn't mean for Anakin to resemble Corran. It's been forever since I read anything about Corran, so I'm not even sure I'm going to write him well. [face_blush]

Glad someone is happy to hear from Alema. :p

You have to explain what you mean by superiority complex and Anakin toying with Valin. [face_thinking]

You're making assumptions when it comes to Jacen, Luke and Mara that are not necessarily accurate. :p
    Luke didn't have much to decide when it came to Jacen's upbringing and Mara even less so. [face_whistling]

Ahh, another fan of Alema's! :D ;)

I completely agree with you on Anakin. :( In this fanfic he's definitely not dying anytime soon! He is one of the main characters, after all.

Let's hope I remember later that there was foreshadowing. ;)

I'm happy when my readers are happy. Thanks. :D

Nice little theory you have there. [face_mischief]

[hl=blac

13. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I didn't even think about highlighting out what I was saying. I went back and did it, though, just in case some people haven't read it yet, lol.

And I was actually online when you posted this :p

14. darkjedileia

darkjedileia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2007
    Interesting fic. When will we get to see Luke, Leia and Han? Oh and put me on the PM list plz.

15. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    An apology, first of all, for the delay in updating.

The next few scenes have been written, but I am still thinking about what order they should go in. There are things happening simultaneously in at least three places, but because the characters are Force-sensitive, what happens in one scene reflects what happens in the others.

This is a quite important part, so I want it to be right!!

Thanks for the highlighting! :p

[face_laugh] Our paths had to cross eventually!

You're on the list now!

As to when Luke, Leia and Han will appear... that would be telling. Although Luke isn't going to appear for a loooooong time. ;)

16. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Heya, this is GREAT! Very well written, awesome characters! Count me in! Please send me a pm when you update!

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh this is great. :D I would love to be PMed when you update. Awesome AU -- lots of surprises and hidden twists, and I'll try to write a proper review when I'm not falling asleep. :p

I-) (It's late :p )

18. willowbeecat

willowbeecat Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2008
    This is an absolutely amazing-and more than slightly disturbing-story. I love the Kyp-Jaina interaction. As for Tahiri... well, Jacen's kinda scary, among other things.

19. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Finally, here's the next update! Sorry once again for taking so long. [face_blush]

[b][u]Boys Will Be Boys[/u][/b]

Anakin Solo was arming up; buckling himself into body amour, strapping his gun belt around his waist, pulling a big blaster-rifle out of the weapons rack.

Valin Horn watched him skeptically. This was [i]not[/i] a good idea.

He'd always respected Anakin before now?he was the General's son, and a Jedi Knight. But now he was questioning the mission commander's abilities, and Valin didn't like that.

It wasn't because the mission commander was his father, he told himself. It was because his father was the very best Jedi in the Galaxy.

"I'm telling you," Valin insisted. "My dad has everything under control. Just minor trouble. They don't need your help."

"Hey, who's in command here, Lieutenant?" Anakin asked, looking hard at him.

But Val was defiant. "My father," he said. "And he told us to stay."

"General Horn is out of communication." Anakin tapped his commlink. "Last thing we heard on here was a lightsaber battle." He pulled an ammo belt over his armor. "I'm the ranking officer on our communications net right now, and I [i]know[/i] I'm needed there."

Valin opened his mouth about to protest, but before he could speak?Anakin's commlink chirruped.

"Dammit," Anakin sighed, answering. "[i]Lone Star[/i]. Copperhead?"

"Neg, Dancer Two here." Numa Rar's voice spoke from the commlink, and she sounded worried. "We ran into some trouble, and we're pulling out an abort. Prep the shuttle for launch."

Valin grinned, and gave Anakin a 'See'-look.

Anakin ignored him. "When will you get here? And where's Cor... Copperhead? Who's in command over there?"

"He's just on his way," Numa crackled back. There was a sudden sound of the commlink being grabbed, and Valin tensed with worry, before the familiar voice of Daeshara'cor came on the channel.

"Listen, Solo." The Twi'lek Jedi Knight coughed as she spoke?the voice of an injured woman. "We have casualties here, and we need EVAC ASAP. We'll be with you in three minutes or the time it takes to take out three squads of white-boys, whichever's faster. Got that?"

"Copy, Major." Anakin sounded tense, not happy with those orders. Perhaps he just didn't like taking orders

Valin smirked "Told ya. Come on, prepare the shuttle, flyboy."

Anakin rolled his eyes at him. "Where's Fiver when I need him? You get the pre-flight checks started up, Val. We'll do a crash-start on the main drives when they get here." He took a sharp breath. "I do [i]not[/i] want us advertising ourselves to every TIE in the vicinity."

"Maybe I should go and meet them," Val suggested, checking his blaster. "See if they need help..."

Anakin looked surprised. "Hey, not [i]you[/i] now!"

But Val's mind was made up. Anakin had been the one who'd been all set for a rescue mission, and if he'd changed his mind, that was his problem.

"Prepare the shuttle," he snapped, in a commanding tone like he'd heard his father use when something needed done. He turned around, and hurried to the hatch.

He felt Anakin's Force-grab on his body?and not for the first time, felt a flash of resentment at his family's hereditary lack of telekinesis. He turned around, angry, and cocked an eyebrow at the older boy.

"Hey, you," Anakin said. "Where do you think you're going."

"Helping the others," Valin sneered. "You do your job here, Anakin."

"[i]Lieutenant![/i]"

"You're here to assist us, Captain Solo," Valin said, opening the hatch. "I'm going to see where the others are."

Anakin hurried after him, grabbing him by the shoulder. "Hey, Valin. Which of us is in command here? You're not your father, kiddo!"

"And you're not yours! This is not about you and your ego! They might need help!" He was angry now, and he didn't care about right or wrong.

"That wasn't your argument a moment ago," Anakin protested. "Major Daeshara'cor told us to wait, and...."

Then he paused, and shook his head.

"Oh, what the kriff, off you go. It was my idea anyway."

Valin gr

20. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Anakin and Valin are a hoot. LOL I'm surprised they didn't start throwing punches.

Loved the teaser.

Great job!

21. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Another great post! I can smell the tension and cut the sweat with a knife! Er...wait that's not right. Maybe it is, in this case. You do a VERY good job of setting up the story's environment. Can't wait for more, keep going!

22. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Hehe... I can almost hear some male ego bruising.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the pm!:)

23. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Anakin and Valin are so similar and similar to their dads! I feel they were wasting precious time arguing, such boys! Good to see this again, but I want more! More! More!

24. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    So Anakin's dad is a jedi, does that mean Han?

25. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Anakin and Valin are just like their Dads. :p One more stubborn than the other.
    Great update!
    =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.