main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    Note: As promised. I hope you enjoy it. :)

[b][u]Anakin Solo, meet Tahiri Veila[/u][/b]

Mos Eisley spaceport on Tatooine was pretty much as Tahiri expected it, a busy shanty-town beneath a cloudless sky. The crowded streets were bright and noisy. It was a place on the edge of habitability, full of people trying to live on the edge of the Empire's reach.

It wasn't Tahiri's mission to judge them, though. She felt a little strange being out of uniform, but moving among civilians, the disguise didn't seem as revealing as she'd feared.

The cantina where Anakin Solo was supposed to be meeting his contact was a low, unremarkable building , close to several of the best-equipped docking bays. Inside the doorway, there was a flight of steps leading down, and as she walked inside, Tahiri was aware that she was leaving the sunlight behind, and heading into silence.

There was a bar in the center of the room, with a man polishing a big glass under the glare of electric lights. Most of the seats were arranged in shaded booths around the walls.

Most of the seats were empty, too, as was the little music stage at the back of the room.

Anakin Solo was sitting alone at a table in one of the booths, nursing his drink. He was glancing at his watch when Tahiri walked in?but as she arrived, he lifted his gaze, and looked at her.

She looked around the bar, and smiled at him as their eyes met for a moment. He grinned back, surprised at the brief contact?and pleased by it, as well.

Smirking, she looked away, and headed towards the bar. She could feel his eyes following her across the room?and she could tell that he liked the way she moved. But he wasn't her type, she told herself firmly.

She ordered a drink, ignoring him for now. He was still watching her, ignoring everything else.

This seemed to be easier than she had expected.

She stayed at the bar, sipping her drink, and savoring his attention. Jacen would be taking care of the Twi'lek girl who the Rebel was supposed to be meeting.

The files had said that the Twee was Solo's girlfriend, an idea that made Tahiri feel slightly disgusted. Animals could rut with each other all they liked, but a real man needed a good human girl, and that was all the more true for Anakin Solo, considering the family he belonged to?even if he was a bastard and a Rebel.

Of course, he was Han Solo's son, too, and by all accounts, he'd inherited his father's reputation as a seducer and a skirt-chaser. The Twee wasn't the only female he'd been linked with in the past few years. In fact, the bulk of Anakin Solo's Imperial Intelligence profile was taken up with reports on his relationships and psycho-analysis of his sexual drives and preferences. It was all impersonal and abstract, and she had found it hard to imagine the human being behind the graphs and mathematics, but that had been the main reason Jacen had selected her for this mission.

She was [i]his type[/i], apparently. Even if he wasn't her kind of guy at all.

Without looking round, Tahiri pondered the mental image of her target: untidy hair, and a leather jacket over an open-necked shirt. He sat on the end of the couch, with one booted foot thrust out under the table, advertising the gold trim on the seam of his pants leg, and the big, barely-legal pistol holstered at his hip.

The pistol spoke for itself. The gold piping was some sort of Corellian government award for dumb bravery, which the Diktat insisted that Rebels remained eligible to receive.

She smiled to herself. Typical Corellians.

He looked like a pilot, maybe a pirate?handsome enough, even if he wasn't really her type.

He was still watching her.

After a while, she turned around, and looked at Anakin. In response, he stood up, and walked over to her.

"Hi," he said. He spoke with a slight Corellian accent. The smile and eyes were the same as in the pictures in his file, and the unruly hair really did make him look a more handsome version of his father.

"Hey," she answered, with a friendly smile. "Need some company?"

"Cou

2. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    The plot thickens! I'm very much looking forward to more!

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I bet he's more her type than she thinks.
    Great stuff.

4. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    :p But hey, aren't things in canon messed up, too? ;)
    Thanks for reading. :D

[:D] Sorry, but it had to be meaningful. Few people would have grieved for Akanah, right? ;)
    Thank you for the compliment. It took me long enough to get it "right". Phew.
    Not sure how well Valin will cope with this, by the way. [face_worried]

:D Thanks for reading and welcome to the boards.
    If you add a hug and a couple long reviews to the fluttering eyelashes, we have a deal. ;)

Thank you. :D

Thanks. :D And hey, there are at least Anakin and Valin, who Corran saw as the hope of the Rebellion. Let's hope they can live up to his expectations. ;)
    Jacen is just a spoiled brat who's used to getting what he wants, whatever it takes. Kinda like in canon, huh? :p
    We'll see more of him soon. [face_mischief]

Awwwwww... [:D] It's going to be okay... Well, from a certain point of view. [face_mischief] ;)
    Anakin and Valin will live for now. And there are others fighting on their side. :)
    Thank you for reading. :D

Thanks for being so understanding. [:D]
    I hope the readers will also take a liking to some of the main characters, who are not going to die anytime soon. :p

You think it's a desperate time for the Empire? o_O [face_mischief] :p

Don't even mention it. Thanks for reading and commenting. :D

[:D] Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy the rest. :D

I knew that some people were assuming that, even after MarasFire's excellent analysis. That's why I decided to reveal it in the teaser. So people aren't too disappointed later on. :p

They're all alive and well. Each in their own way. ;)

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Anakin was being pretty stupid there to get caught like that. I'm hoping he has a trick up his sleeve. And I'm hoping Tahiri can come around.

=D=

6. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Anakin :oops:, oh well I hope he can get out of that one. Nice job, can't wait for more.

7. DarthPandemonium

DarthPandemonium Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2007
    Well I just caught up and I gotta say awesome story. I love the premise it's very different. I wonder how Anakins going to get out of this one. Can you add me to the PM list??

8. Jerisa_Skywalker

Jerisa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2008
    So, you want hugs, well [:D]!
    Nice post!

But about the reviews:
    Let me guess: Tahiri forgot something, didn't she?
    Other than that I can't see where you're heading with their realtionship (which is meant as a compliment). I'm a little worried about Anakin now. He's letting himself get distracted way too easily. Hope he'll make it out of there.
    I still wonder what will become of Jaina, where she is now. I do have the feeling, she is only putting up with Kyp, because she feels neglected. Maybe she could use a rebel boyfriend as well...
    But I'm ready to wait and see ;).

9. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    He inherited the infamous Solo-luck. That should help him out. ;)

Who's to say it's Tahiri who needs to change something? :p
    I presume you haven't read the trailer? ;)

Hey, Anakin is Han's son. Getting in - and out of - this sort of situation is just in his blood. :p

Hey, welcome and thanks for reading. I added you to the PM list. :D
    As I said to the other two, I believe Solo-luck could help Anakin. Or something like dumb bravery, maybe? ;)
    Glad you like the premise. It's tempting to try and put the wrongs in canon right or expand on the good things, but it's even better to just let it go and do something entirely different with one's favorite characters. :D

Awww. Thanks. :D

She could be suffering from a light case of amnesia... [face_whistling]

Another person who hasn't read the teaser? ;) Well, those things can be misleading. [face_mischief]
    I can say this: Their relationship will be a really complicated one. [face_worried] :p
    Thanks for the compliment. :D

Do you think I'd let Anakin die like this or get captured by the Empire? :eek: [face_shame_on_you] ;)

Don't you think Kyp could be called a rebel? ;) On the other hand, Jaina will have a real male Rebel in her life soon enough. :p
    But who do you think she feels neglected by? [face_thinking]

Thanks for your thoughts. :D [:D] I guess now I have to keep my end of the deal? [face_worried]
    I'll do my best. ;)

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :oops:

Anakin, what are we going to do with you? He walked right into that one... maybe he was so enthralled by Tahiri that he didn't see the trap coming. [face_mischief] She's definitely his type. ;)

"That's far enough, Captain Solo," called out a familiar voice.

Cliffy! Hmm... maybe Anakin walked into the trap on purpose... [face_thinking] /random thought

11. Jerisa_Skywalker

Jerisa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2008
    Just a short reply, while I'm waiting ;)

After Corran's all too brief appearance I wasn't sure you don't want him captured.

Kyp is a lot, but a rebel??? I don't think so...
    I meant, Jaina might feels neglected by her mother and her superiors. She certainly feels discriminated and maybe a little bossed around.

Yes :cool:

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Stupid Anakin. Didn't seem he was thinking with his head right there. :p
    I bet Tahiri is rather surprised that he knows her name and I'm guessing Intelligence files has nothing to do with it.

Great update. =D=
    Thanks for the PM!

13. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Note: Here's Dummy's point of view. ;)

[u][b]Taking Prisoners[/b][/u]

Anakin Solo hooked his thumbs behind his belt, and looked up at the stormtroopers standing on the roofs. Their perfect white armor shone almost painfully bright against the backdrop of the deep blue sky, and the black metal of their gun-barrels glittered and gleamed in the Tatooine light.

The Imperials had picked a good point for an ambush, Anakin admitted. Just ahead of him, the narrow alley took a sharp right-angled turn, with a two-story building blocking the straight progress of the street. As well as the usual enfilading fire-teams aiming down from the rooftops on either side, that meant there was a third squad of white boys standing on the roof directly in front of him, with four assault blasters leveled at him, and an officer in a smart gray uniform standing in the middle.

"Don't try anything stupid, Solo" the officer said. "We have your little girlfriend already." The man was hardly more than a silhouette against the blinding light, but Anakin could see that he was wearing a breastplate over his uniform, with a pistol on his hip?and he could hear the cruel tone in his voice.

[i]Little girlfriend? He must mean Lee[/i].

Anakin glanced at Tahiri, standing beside him. She was gazing up intently at the Imperial officer, and even though she seemed uncomfortable about all the blasters aimed down at them, there was a slight smirk on her lips. She was pleased to see him.

Anakin's eyes widened in shock, and the reality of the situation came home to him, like a punch in the guts from a Gamorrean. Here was the girl he'd been trying to find for the past ten years?and by the looks of things, she was a loyal Imperial now, grinning up like a brainwashed idiot at the officer on the rooftop.

"Tahiri!" he gasped.

He'd been [i]really[/i] dumb. The Imperials must have known that he'd never truly forgotten her. They'd known they could use her against him. How many of his attempts to track her down had they found out about?

That didn't matter now. He'd fallen straight into the trap, following her without even asking why. He had been too busy trying to make sure if it really was her, or if his mind was playing tricks on him.

"Surrender!" the officer repeated.

Anakin turned slowly away from Tahiri, and looked back up at the Imperial. His eyes narrowed, and he began to put together a plan inside his head. "Or what?" he asked. "You kill Lee? And then where would you be?"

The officer paused, and Anakin danced quickly behind Tahiri's back, grabbing her around the neck with one arm, and jamming the muzzle of his blaster into her side.

"It's okay," he whispered in her ear. "All their guns are set to stun."

The officer tensed in alarm. Tahiri flashed with surprise in the Force, but for whatever reason, she didn't voice any objection.

Anakin almost grinned, glancing up at the officer for a moment, before looking back at her. "You can explain what the Imps did to you after we get out of this mess."

Now Tahiri did shoot him a worried side-glance. "How do you know they're on stun?"

Anakin answered by taking a few quick steps down the alley, so that his back wasn't as badly exposed to Imperial blasters. There were still two troopers on the right, but the ones ahead and to the left would have to fire through Tahiri to hit him.

He had a hunch they wouldn't do that.

[i]Uh-huh.[/i] The Imperials seemed to be hesitating. That was good.

He turned, pulling Tahiri directly in front of him, and spun round to the right. His blaster was in his hand, and two shots sang out, guided by the Force.

Two stormtroopers dropped back on the roof, both shot in the face. With Tahiri serving as a human shield, they'd been the only ones with a clear line of fire towards Anakin.

"They want me alive, right?" he grinned, returning his blaster to her side.

"Yes, [i]you[/i]," she answered, with a sideways glance. Her bright green eyes were beautifully serious.

Had she always had those flecks of black and gold lurking in her

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    *coughs* Well, won't this be cozy? I bet they have a whole lot to talk about. And talking they will do among other things I'm guessing. :p

He'd been really dumb

Duh. :oops: That's why Tahiri kept calling him a Dummy. ;)

Great update! And I loved the fact that Anakin and Jacen met. Maybe they'll have something of a showdown? [face_thinking]

15. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    The action moves along nicely! I love the trap and counter-trap. Great story! Can't wait to see what happens next!

16. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Women really do make men do the dumbest things.
    Great update!

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Speaking from your own experience, perhaps? :p

18. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Wow, fantasic updates! I'm still attempting to figure out how Anakin and Tahiri know each other, but my skills of deductive reasoning aren't what they used to be...[face_whistling] :p

[face_laugh] Alright, I think what I meant was it's a desperate time for the galaxy Smarty Pants.:p

Once again, great post!:D

19. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Wow even under fire Anakin still gots it under control, are you going to have Anakin do some serious butt kicking anytime soon? Can't wait for more.

20. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow, that was really good having the brothers meet face to face. It seems Anakin thinks of Jacen as an Imp, but not a dark sider. This is quite the mystery and gets me going more than the story itself. But that is not to say the story is not good...it's engrossing, but I'm just very into the character dynamic right now.

Good update! =D=

21. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Now you know that it wasn't really on purpose, but it wasn't that bad, either. ;)
    Oh, and Tahiri is definitely his type. She grew up nicely? :p
    Question now is, where do we find either of them at the end of the day? [face_thinking] ;)

Cool. Do that again? :p

Corran is not one of the main characters. [face_not_talking] :p

No? What would you call him? Or would the answer violate the TOS? :p

I agree about that. Jaina is not a happy camper and those are some of the reasons.
    Who would you like to see as her rebel boyfriend? ;)

I'd say I'm doing good. Where are you? [face_mischief]

The implied questions have been answered and no, Anakin didn't use that part of his anatomy when he was following Tahiri. :p
    I need to be quicker with the replies. [face_blush] Just so I can tease my readers more... ;)

[face_laugh] Come on, it's not that cozy in there! :p
    Besides, what kind of girl do you think Tahiri is?! :eek: She barely knows this guy; he ruined her mission and is now pointing a blaster at her! [face_mischief]

Some people never change, no matter which AU it is. And the Solos love getting into trouble. ;)
    Tahiri is a smart cookie. ;) Or is she the trouble? :confused: T stands for trouble? [face_thinking]

Hmmm, let's see... Anakin just escaped, even though he was outnumbered, ridiculing Jacen and his stormtroopers, and taking Jacen's girlfriend/prized possession hostage in the process, who he might not be intending to give back. [face_thinking]
    I'd say Anakin probably isn't looking forward to running into his brother anytime soon. :p
    Of course, one does not always get what one wants. [face_mischief]

Thanks for the great R&R! [:D]

I hope you're okay with reading calmer, more character-focused posts, as well? [face_worried]

Good question. ;)
    But seriously, what did the poor girl do? Her existence alone is incentive enough for Anakin to do dumb things. It's not her fault! :p

22. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Jedi_Perigrine posted:
    The action moves along nicely! I love the trap and counter-trap. Great story! Can't wait to see what happens next!

I hope you're okay with reading calmer, more character-focused posts, as well?

NO! I want ACK-SHUN!

J/k. Bring it on, I love character development. You're doin a kick-aft job. :D [:D]

23. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    That's it exactly her existence alone, that's all it takes.

It's not her fault! :p And that is Han's line.

24. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Heck no!:eek: It was hard enough for me to formulate some kind of excuse the first time so I wouldn't look stupid. I'm not sure if I can replicate that!:p

Aha![face_idea] I almost, kind of, possibly might understand the A/T thing now. Except for why Tahiri turned "bad" per say. And why Han and Leia aren't together. And how Anakin escaped the Empire. Or did the others leave the Alliance?:confused:

Oh, goodness, it's happening again...:oops:

Oh well, hopefully all will be revealed in time. o_O Right?!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to your next post, great job!:)

25. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Note: Answers coming soon. But thanks to all of you. [:D]

[b][u]Close Range[/u][/b]

Tahiri heard the door closing behind her, and found herself trapped in utter darkness.

For a moment, she'd had a glimpse of an empty space, about the size and shape of a big toilet cubicle?the sort that had a hand-basin as well as a 'fresher.

Now, there was just blackness.

Tahiri tensed, her spine straightening, but after a moment, she relaxed. The dark was soft, comfortable, warm. It was familiar, although she couldn't say quite what it reminded her of?and even though Anakin Solo was standing right behind her.

She turned around, folding her arms, a wry look on her face, even if she was sure he wouldn't be able to appreciate it. "Now what?"

Anakin ignored her question. "Hey, Tahiri. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"I guess..." she answered, half-heartedly. She was concentrating on situation assessment, using the Force to take in her surroundings. "So what have you been doing? And what's the plan now?"

[i]Keep him talking. Keep him busy. It will make things much easier.[/i]

The boy seemed to have an unnatural urge to share things with strangers. It was his weakness, and hopefully her advantage.

"We wait until they've stopped looking," he said. "The Imperials won't risk a long deployment here."

Before he could add anything else, Tahiri reached out with one hand, and Force-pulled the blaster out of his grip.

At least, that had been the plan-but Anakin Solo failed to let go of the gun. So instead of catching a pistol in her hand, she got ninety kilos of Corellian male crashing into her, slamming her back against the wall.

She grimaced slightly in pain, then tried to push him away, frowning in annoyance. It wasn't the first time he'd made her feel incompetent that morning, either. This guy was bad news.

"Hey!!" he protested. "What did you do that for?!"

"You were pointing a gun at me!" She pressed her hands to his chest and pushed him firmly away from her.

"I was just pleased to see you!" he answered, stumbling back and sounding amused.

"Very funny," she answered, turning round to face the door. All she could see was the memory-speckled ebony of utter darkness, but she knew there would be a lock here somewhere.

There was a noise behind her. Anakin had taken a step towards her. She felt herself tense, squaring her shoulders.

"Hey," he whispered. "Don't go out there just yet. Dammit."

Tahiri didn't answer, feeling across the flat surface in front of her with the palms of her hands until she found the lock. There were standard Imperial over-ride codes that ought to work on a civilian module like this.

Silently, she wondered if Anakin had forgotten that they were on different sides in this, already. The Intelligence files said his father could be insane, and the son might have inherited the condition.

She had just tried to get him captured and here they were, hiding from... she wasn't even sure who. The more she kept thinking about it, the more awkward and absurd the situation seemed.

[i]No, I'm[/i] not [i]gonna start feeling bad about this![/i]

"Tahiri?" he asked again. He sounded genuinely concerned.

"I can take care of myself," she hissed at him, stubbornly trying to open the door.

It didn't.

"Yeah, well, not even a proper hello for a friend you've not seen in ten years?" He sounded disappointed, but she had no intention of wasting time working out what he wanted. He was just a target. An especially annoying one, in fact, who had made her look like an idiot in front of Jacen and her own troops.

The least she could do was to get him back to them. Maybe then the punishment wouldn't be too severe?although she knew she needed disciplining for the mess she'd already made.

Tahiri turned to Anakin, and drew herself up straight like the stormtrooper officer she was?full of newfound resolve. "What's the door code?"

His answer wasn't exactly what she expected?even from a crazy Rebel idiot.

"Sith!" he hissed, sounding worried.

"What?!" She

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.