main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DARK LEGACY (AU, 32 ABY) A/T, Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, et al - NEW 9/10 A Communications Disruption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ImperialSolo, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Anakin's a sly dog eh? Hmmm wonder what's going to happen next between those two, I wonder on how Jacen's going to react to Tahiri in the enemy's hands. Good work can't wait for more.

2. Jerisa_Skywalker

Jerisa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2008
    Hi,
    Nice updates. I really liked the "interogating". So that's what they call it these days... I wonder how long it will take Anakin to get Tahiri soft. Considering that she wants to believe he's a lunatic scoundrel I think he got pretty far. He has a strange liking of being in a small box with her...

And no, I can't use the words, that describe Kyp in this story for me. Better I leave that to you ;).

And a about Jaina's boyfriend to be [face_thinking] well, I haven't seen Zekk around. Although something totally different might be nice as well. Maybe Wes Janson or Derek Klivian have sons in your univers...

Sounds like you had something planned though. Can't wait to hear your version.
    Hope that'll happen soon [face_coffee]

3. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Well written banter! =D= It's good to see Anakin alive and adult now. I like the flirting and the fact that he is utterly in control but acts like he is not. I assume he does know how to use the Force, he just relies on his other strengths first since his dad has mostly raised him?

You also gave some hint of the background. I'm thinking now that everyone was imperial (perhaps from as far back s ROTJ or DE????) But that some defected and became rebels by the time Anakin was 10? That would figure for the names and the fact that Kyp is an Imp. But you still got me hanging on what Luke is up to. It's sort of like we're waiting for him to return like Gandolf or something! :D

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!
    He seems to be just one step ahead of her.

5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Another great update! I never figured Anakin for the plan ahead type, but he's doing a great job here! I love the inner conflict monologue Tahiri is running, too. Great job!

6. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    hehe I like it although you le corran die . but i liek anakins banter.

7. ImperialSolo

ImperialSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2008
    [face_laugh] There will be both in future. At least that's the plan... :p

Bring on the Jaina/Kyp? You're a 'shipper? o_O It would be interesting to have someone who disagrees with Jerisa's view on that, I guess. :p ;)
    Thanks for the encouraging, and creative ;), words. [:D]

I think that's the way nature meant it to be. ;)

Hey, don't you think it applies both ways here? And maybe even in real life? [face_mischief]

Han is a very wise man. ;)

Again, I think you're underestimating yourself. ;)
    Any other topic we could politely argue about? :p

Oooh, here are some topics! :D :p
    Who says Tahiri turned bad? She's serving the legitimate government that's just trying to keep their subjects safe and fight the criminals. As you already said, it's a desperate time for them. ;) I'll just add that as a 9-year-old, Tahiri might not have had the chance to decide for herself. That could explain the gaps in her memory. But you gotta do everything you can to protect children and make sure they become law-abiding citizens, right? [face_mischief] :p
    Han and Leia are not together because Leia... hmm... let's say she decided there were more appropriate options for her, after all. [face_whistling]
    As for your speculation about how Anakin ended up where he is, you're on the right track. It doesn't always have to be "either - or".

Hey, relax, you're doing great! =D=

No, I'm just writing this to annoy people with unanswered questions and no payoff. But let this be our little secret. [face_shhh] ;)

Thanks. :D I'm looking forward to your reactions and replies. And I hope you don't mind a bit of teasing. [face_blush] [:D]

Anakin has learned a lot from his father. ;) Jacen's reaction is coming up in the next post. Personally, I think it's fun. :p
    Thanks a lot for the R&R! :D

TBC...

8. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    I don't think I'm gonna touch that one.[face_laugh]

Why, thank you...;) :p

Hmmm.[face_thinking] You've got me thinking now. I guess that's why I put the "per say" part in there, but I will admit that I have some natural biases towards anything empirical. But perhaps an empire was what the galaxy needed at the time. That and the whole Tahiri and Jacen love-hate relationship gives me an icky feeling[face_sick], but oh well.:D :p And I do think law abiding citizens are good, but not at the expense of informed and original thought. But who knows, maybe the Empire promotes this. I haven't really seen anything to suggest otherwise, I guess.[face_thinking]

Uh, more appropriate than H/L!! Blasphemy!:p

Good point. I'll have to go back to the thoery drawing board now![face_laugh]

Well, I try.[face_blush] No, wait, I do! I do.:p

[face_laugh] I won't tell.;) [face_whistling]

Oh, no, this is fun!:D Besides, I've gotten worse. I have four brothers.[face_laugh] :p

Have a great day![:D]

9. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    What exactly do you mean by "get Tahiri soft"? o_O :p

I guess some things never change. ;) I'm not even sure anymore if that was intentional, or a coincidence.

What do you mean, in this story? :eek: [face_worried] Is my Kyp so much different from the canon one? o_O
    I'd really like to hear your view on this. PM me? :p

Oh, Zekk is around, don't worry. I can even tell you that his and Jaina's paths have either crossed in the past or will do so in the future. Or both. [face_mischief]
    I'm trying not to use too many OCs, so I'm afraid Jaina will have to do with one of the guys that are already there. Should be enough to choose from, though. ;)

I have something planned, indeed. :p But what do you hope will happen soon? An update or something in Jaina's love life. ;)

Thank you. [face_blush] I'm trying.

I know. :D Something's missing in canon without him, IMHO. :(

I suspect Tahiri could be sharing that sentiment. ;)

Exactly! :D He's not as well trained as he was in canon, but he does have a trick or two up his sleeve. ;)

I'm not sure how many people got the hint in the header in the first post by now, but this is a DE AU, so good catch. =D= Everything up until DE happened just like in canon, then things went differently. :p I also dropped a few hints on that. 8-} ;)

[face_laugh] [face_thinking] I have to say the comparison isn't that bad, in some ways... [face_mischief]

That's Rebels for ya. ;)

I'm not sure if he's really planning ahead, or if he's just damn lucky. :p

Thanks a lot. :D

Awww... Sorry. :( [:D] Is Corran your favorite character? [face_worried]
    Glad you keep reading and enjoying it, though. :D

Not even with a pointy stick? ;)

[quote=angry_bendu

10. JediKyle23

JediKyle23 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2008
    Wow. I'm very impressed with this story. I like the direction it's going, and I can't wait to read more. Great job!! =D=

11. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Yeah.:rolleyes: There's the "triplets of terror" who are 25, and then the oldest is 27. I don't know how my parents survived.[face_laugh] :p

But I was the good one.[face_whistling]

Yeah, that's it.[face_shhh] :p

12. Jerisa_Skywalker

May 3, 2008
    I leave that up to your imagination. ;) [face_shhh](Is that really just a German phrase?)

I think he is different, but considering his position in your story, it does add up. I guess I just can't stand guys who keep trying though they have been told to get lost. And I do think you have to have a couple of characters that aren't exactly completely nice and likable.
    Still want to hear the Kyp word spelled out??? [face_blush]

Makes sense I guess, so people recognize things. And I'm looking forward to Zekk then.

An update. I don't want to rush you to things you have planned for later [face_mischief]. (I still have enough coffee to hold out.) I just as I said I was worried about Jaina. She doesn't seem that bad at all, not like she belonged on that part of the galaxy. (Loved the last bit of the trailor in that respect.)

Have a nice writing!

13. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Traitor!

Anakin Solo stood in the forward hold of the Millennium Falcon, looking at Tahiri Veila with a sense of wonder.

She was still snuggled up under a blanket on the curved couch in the corner, between Anakin's bunk and the hatchway. Her expression seemed peaceful, surrounded by a halo of bright blond hair. Her aura in the Force was steady and pure, and the blanket rose and fell to the gentle rhythm of her breath, hinting at the contours of her body underneath.

The hem of the blanket was pulled tight around the curve of her shoulders, with a fist clenched tight below her jaw, and she had her knees tucked up, so the rest of her body was curled up in a compact shape underneath the soft, warm fabric?all except for her bare feet, which peeked out at the other end. Anakin had taken off her shoes to put her to bed, and he'd been unable to resist the urge to remove her socks as well.

Whatever the Empire had done to her, that was one way he could start her healing?although, he conceded, she didn't look like she needed any further help right now.

He grinned at her. It had been ten years, but Tahiri was still, unmistakably, herself, from head to toes.

Artoo Deetoo, plugged into the socket by the navacomp, bleeped an appreciative comment, and Anakin nodded.

"Yeah, Artoo," he agreed. "She's back."

For a few minutes, he just watched Tahiri in silence. Then a slight flicker, like a blink in the Force, warned him that she was about to wake up.

It wasn't like he remembered from their camping trips as kids. Her presence pulsed suddenly brighter, her thoughts sharpened into focus, and she sat up quickly. The blanket dropped from her shoulders as she straightened her back, tense and ready to deal with any threats.

"Hey," Anakin said. "I made you some caf."

Tahiri looked around the hold, with a slight frown that Anakin hoped was mostly a sign of a stun-blast hangover. Then her lips peeled back in a little growl, and she glared at him. Anankin's heart began to sink, but then Tahiri's anger gave way to annoyance, and a brooding sense of failure, shaded with familiar hints of her childhood stubbornness.

Anakin simply grinned at that. "Hey, cheer up. I'll let you off at the next stop, if you want." Then he paused, frowning at the thought of where that might lead. "Or will the Empire do ugly things to you?"

Tahiri looked sharply at him. "Why should they?"

Anakin shrugged. "We hear stories." He didn't want to discuss the details. "Rumors, maybe. You'll know how it works better than me."

He didn't want to find out that she had been part of the horror-stories he'd heard, either. He just wanted her to be Tahiri.

She looked at him, a curious smile on her face?a smile he recognized. "What do you mean?"

Anakin grinned wryly. "You do know you're the bad guys, right? Or at least, you remember from when we were little kids?"

Tahiri's reaction was tightly controlled, with no hint of an answer to his second question. She just jutted her jaw stubbornly, and looked back at him with a confident gaze. "The Empire is the rightful government, Captain Solo. I'd say the smugglers fighting the government for fun are the bad guys."

Anakin decided to let it lie for now. "Okay. Well, you're going to get to find out what it's like first-hand, because we've been detoured to Nar Shaadda, to pick up some cargo."

A slight smirk. "Is that where you'll drop me off?"

Anakin shuffled his feet, disappointed by the confidence behind her words. "If you want to leave, yes."

Tahiri smirked. "Yeah, it's a very hard decision. Going back home or staying on this piece of junk, meeting Hutts and other lovely creatures..."

Anakin lifted an eyebrow. "Home? Where's that?"

Tahiri ignored the question.

Anakin paused, trying to think of something else to say that wouldn't make him look like an idiot, when the deck jerked suddenly underneath his feet.

The hyperdrive gave a protesting whine, and the spaceframe of the Falcon shuddered around them, in a way that told Anakin that they'd jus

14. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Me, being the total girl that I am, absolutely loved this part.[face_love] :p

Looks like an unwilling Tahiri just got dumped by the Empire.o_O I think Jacen should think twice about that. Angry Tahiri could be scary.[face_shame_on_you] She did take down Corran "Sweet MammaJamma" Horn... Well, almost.;) :p

Great post!:)

15. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wow, that was a fun ride--and poor Tahiri to get tossed away like that....

Great job here ImperialSolo!

16. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Great job. I'm not surprised the Imp's were so unforgiving of Tahiri. Jacen is soooo Sithly!:eek: And I love it !!! Thanks for the background info, figured it was a DE AU. Good choice.=D=

17. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Very nice.
    It will be interesting to see how well everyone else welcomes back Tahiri. Didn't some of them see her on the star destroyer

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm bookmarking this so I can catch up. :)

19. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Jacen sithly, calling Tahiri a traitor to the Empire. Guess the Empire doesn't really listen to reason huh from Tahiri's POV. So where's Anakin going to take Tahiri now, to a secret rebel base? Good work, can't wait for the next one.

20. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    More great work, IS! Tahiri just volunteered to fight for the good guys again and she didn't even know it. I love it!

Way to recapture the heart of her older self, too, by making her barefoot. =D= =D= =D= =D=

Keep up the super work!

21. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Poor Tahiri now unvoluntarily being part of rebellion again... By the way, does Anakin still knows of his connection Jacen, In earlier chapters Jacen didnt seem to know, ..or did he only hid this?

22. Jerisa_Skywalker

May 3, 2008
    Really loved the "taking-her-socks-off" part, too.

Why am I not really beliving that Jacen meant to throw Tahiri out like that? I smell a trap for Anakin and the rebellion... [face_thinking] Can't really tell why.
    But maybe he was still angry about the other night...

So nice post.=D=

23. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Thank you so much. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: Triplets?! And you survived? :eek:

[:D] [:D] [:D] ;)

And we're just starting. ;) Glad you liked it! :D A/T = [face_love] ;)

[face_laugh] Is that Corran's official nickname? ;)
    Angry Tahiri can be really scary, yes. One or two people will find out eventually. [face_devil]

Not fair! My imagination took me to places not appropriate for these boards. :p ;) (I've never been any good with phrases, sorry. ;))

I strongly agree with the last part. :D That was the plan here, actually. You'll see what I mean in future. And it's not just the case with Kyp. [face_whistling] [face_mischief]
    I'm not sure I agree about Jaina having told Kyp to get lost, convincingly. :p

Does it rhyme with "guess"? :p

I'm gonna tell you this: There are definitely reasons to be worried about Jaina. Or rather, for her... [face_devil]

Good. I'm glad nobody was thinking Anakin is weird or something like that. ;)

[face_laugh] You think he was mad because of that? Wait until he finds out what she'll be up to next. [face_mischief] :p
    As for your trap-theory, I'm afraid I can't comment on that. ;)

Thanks. :D Nice reply. Keep 'em coming. :cool:

I bet she's going to be okay, though. Don't you think? ;)
    Thanks for reading and replying. :D

[face_laugh] I love how much people seem to like (to hate?) Jacen. He's a fun character to write, although a bit scary sometimes. [face_worried]
    I'm kinda itching to have more info revealed and more characters appear, but there are parts of the story that need to be told first. :p

24. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Well, not without my share of cuts, bruises, scrapes and headless Barbie dolls, but you know how it is.[face_laugh] :p
    Fantastic![:D]
    You know it!;) Corran is (or in your case, was:p) one awesomely bad Jedi Master!:cool:
    Hey, well you can't train her that way and then be surprised when it turns around and bites you in the behind.[face_shame_on_you] Jacen.o_O[face_talk_hand]:p

Looking forward to the next post! Have a nice weekend!:D

25. ImperialSolo

Feb 1, 2008
    Family Matters

Kyp Durron was in his quarters aboard the Vader, looking out the viewports at Tatooine. He was meant to be reviewing his pilots' patrol reports, but he was thinking about Lieutenant Jaina Skywalker instead.

Usually, he made a point of seducing all the attractive pilots in their first week in the squadron, but he'd resisted the urge with Jaina. She wasn't just a pilot. He'd been on personal terms with her and her whole crazy family since she'd been about knee-high?and even if he hadn't been, the dangers involved were obvious to pretty much everyone in known space. But she'd dropped into his sights, almost as if she was daring him to go for the kill.

He was starting to think that Lieutenant Skywalker should get the usual initiation into Saber Squadron, after all.

Then his commlink rang.

"Lieutenant Skywalker," he said, with a grin.

Jaina answered without even waiting for him to finish. "Meeting. Now!"

"My office?" he suggested, smiling slightly.

"Somewhere private," she insisted. To Kyp, it sounded like she was angry, or wanting sex?or maybe both.

It promised to be fun either way.

"My office," he repeated?but this time, it wasn't a question.

"I'll be right over."

Kyp grinned, and closed the link.

He didn't have too long to wait. Jaina arrived too fast to have come from her own cabin, and walked in without ceremony. Not for the first time, Kyp noted how nicely the black tunic and breeches of her uniform went with the curves of her body.

She took her cap off as she came in the door, revealing dark hair worn long and straight today, in a style that the regulations barely tolerated for deck officers?and never for any sort of duty near a TIE Fighter.

"Hi," Kyp smiled. "That was quick."

Jaina didn't answer?and didn't bother coming to attention, either. She walked straight up, and leaned forward on the edge of his desk, laying down her cap among his things, and resting the palms of her hands on the metal surface. Her eyes looked into his, dark and deep, but she didn't smile.

"Okay," she said. "What's going on here?!"

Kyp sighed, and raised an eyebrow at her. "With Tahiri?"

"Her and my family! I want to know everything you know, Durron!"

He took a deep breath, and leaned back in his chair, smiling at her. "I'm sure you do."

"Well? I'm listening..." Jaina walked around the side of his desk, and sat herself down neatly on the edge. She gave him a serious look?one eyebrow went up, but her gaze remained level and somber.

Kyp was surprised to find that, from this angle, he had to look upwards at her face. He smiled back. Time to find some fire in her. "Tahiri defected to the Alliance," he explained. "At least, that's the official line. Jacen's put a bounty on her head. Dead or alive."

Jaina almost jumped up, her eyes wide with shock. "He did what?!"

Kyp feigned a sigh. "The real story is that Commander Skywalker karked up. Killing General Horn is going to count for something on Imperial Center, but he managed to lose both his girlfriend and his brother out of the ambush?."

Kyp trailed off a little, his eyes roving appreciatively across Jaina's curves. His favorite pilot was very distracting?more interesting than the gossip about her brother's latest failures, certainly.

And now, she was sitting on his desk, close enough to reach out and touch.

Jaina didn't even seem to notice. "His brother?!" she asked, eyes wide.

Kyp blinked, and looked at her face. "Kriff. You didn't know?"

"No, I didn't! Nobody tells me anything important around here!"

He frowned at her. "Because you're a damn good pilot, Jaina."

She wrinkled her nose in a frown. "What does that have to do with anything?!"

"You're a Force-sensitive," he explained. "You know that, I assume. Your development and direction has to be carefully monitored."

She looked back at him in anger. "You make me sound like an experiment!"

"You're a trained soldier, Lieutenant Skywalker. Do you disagree?"

"No... But..."

Kyp grinne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.