main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Legacy: Dark Side Rising (Updated 10/23/05!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bravo, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I would like to introduce myself. I'm Jason and I've been part of the JC boards for over five years, close to six years now. I mostly go to the RP boards, Rocky Mountain Fan Force, Jedi Outcasts, or other numerous boards. Some have seen me post here before and it seems at times the stories just never got started right or I rushed a bit too much. This Fan Fic, however, has been in the making essentialy for over two years and I know that with that much planning behind it, this Fan Fac will do just fine.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys this Fan Fic and please feel free to say what is on your mind when you reply to this Fan Fic story. You can PM me as well. Thank you and please enjoy. :)

Title: Dark Legacy: Dark Side Rising
    Author(s): Bravo
    Timeframe: Post New Jedi Order
    Characters: Jedi Knight Jason Bravo, Padawan Val Ka, Jedi Healer Jessica Lamp, Grand Admiral Neta, Captain Ralrod Vickseelow, Major Dennis Neal, Darth Maximums, etc.
    Genre: Action/Drama
    Keywords: Conqueror-class Star Destroyer, Galaxy Defender-class Mon Calamari Cruiser, Imperial Remnant, New Jedi Order, The Sith Empire, Galactic Republic, The People?s Liberation Movement
    Summary: It is ten years after the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion and the government to surface from the ashes is the Galactic Republic to rule the galaxy. Ten years of peace have followed the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion as the people of the galaxy try to restore their shattered lives. The New Jedi Order has risen to be a justice force for the galaxy once again, facing much of the same anti-Jedi groups they did during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion; however, the Jedi have also earned much respect as well from the galaxy has a whole. The galaxy is finally starting to restore balance to itself. In these times of change and forward movement and rebuilding, a small conflict has erupted in Wild Space. Diplomatic teams from the Galactic Senate have failed to bring the conflict to an end. In a last ditch effort to bring a peaceful solution out of the spreading conflict, the Galactic Senate has requested that two Jedi Knights be dispatched to the troubled region of space to try to bring an end to the conflict...
    Notes: This Fan Fic has a combination of story plots I have used over a series of games. Fellow Role Players who have played with me in RP games in the past will know some of these characters. Others will have known this story?s first version, when it was played in a RP that is all but legend now to those who played it and those who read it.

Prologue

Jedi Knight Jason Bravo ran through the rain storm, the rain slashing against his already soaked through sand brown Jedi robes, his boots splashing in the puddles of rain water that collected from the heavy and steady down pour as he boots came up and down for each step forward. Lightsaber in hand, it?s green blade stabbing through the darkness, Jason Bravo ran for all he was worth, weaving around and hurtling if necessary objects that stood in his way. The ship dock?s overhead lights, space every so often and dotted around the massive complex full of shipping crates and other crates of different sizes and shapes, were barely a dim in the massive down pour in the dark night, their normally powerful beams of light masked and shrouded my rain.

Hurtling a crate, Jason Bravo sensed, through the Force as he was suspended in mid air, the danger that came towards him. Coming down from the hurtle, Jason dropped and rolled forward even before the rest of the rest of his feet, just his toes, had touched the puddle riddled ground, lurching him forward into a roll, just as four laser bolts, followed in quick succession by four more, riddled the crate and just over the crate that he was hurtling over just seconds before.

Coming up from his forward roll, lightsaber in hand, Jason Bravo quickly dispatched the next round of four laser bolts that came right at him, parrying the various directions of bolts in random di

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Nice opener. I look forward to seeing updates.

3. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Nice opener, Jason. I'd love to keep seeing updates, and especially PMs.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great start! :D I am looking forward to more and glad you decided to wander over to the fan fiction board. :D

5. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Good job with that

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    =D=

So what happens when he stops laughing? And Jason as a fully trained knight,interesting! :D

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks all! :) The following chapter is a bit long, however, it does have a lot of deatil. Just trying to set the foundation to what the story will become.

Chapter One
    Dreams and Emotions
    New Jedi Temple, Ossus

Jason Bravo shot upright from bed, breathing heavily and labored. He was sweating profusely he noticed as he wiped his head with his hand. Gathering a few moments to himself, he looked around to make sure where he was. After seeing that he was where he should be, or at least where he thought he should be, he threw the sheets off and swung his legs over the bed?s edge. Once his feet touched the floor, Jason Bravo put his head into cuffed hands and started shaking his head slowly in his hands.

It was the dream again.

Rubbing his hands across his sweat soaked face up and down a few times, Jason Bravo shook his head once his head was free of his hands, stood, and stretched a little. His room at the New Jedi Temple was what was standard for a Jedi Knight. A simple square room, one door for enter and exit, that slid sideways into the wall to open and close. The room was a tan, almost light brown in color, as was much of the walls in this area of the Jedi Temple, The wall consisted of rectangle block sections. A single bed with sheets and two pillows was up against the left wall as you walked into the room, backboard to the back wall. A simple night stand was on the left side of the bed, by the head of the bed, with an alarm clock and lamp. Across the small room, on the other wall, was a desk which held a computer screen and keypad and computer terminal for uplinks into the main computer of the Jedi Temple. A lamp was also at this table, along with a picture. Other then the desk, wheel addressed chair, night stand, and bed, the wall was solid, with no carpet, a single main light hung from the center of the room?s ceiling; a dresser was to the right of the desk, just as you entered the room.. A few holo pictures of wildlife pictures and landscapes, and some of planets, and stars. Jason Bravo got up and went over to the holo picture, picking it up from the table. The holographic picture showed a group of five soldiers standing together in a jungle with backdrop and everything.

The holographic picture showed the four people he cared most about in life and himself, smiling and standing in front of a barricade of dirt and wood, smiling, the blazing sun?s photo in the imagine just at the height of the picture behind the five people. From left to right stood First Sergeant Bob Smith, the quiet one of the group of five humans. Dressed more standard to code, Bob Smith had his jacket shirt tucked in, but a bit open at top, and his equipment belt wasn?t half falling off like Tim?s was, the man to his right. He held his A280 blaster rifle?s butt on his right knee, the rifle at an angle facing upwards, as it faced towards, but at an angle off to the far left of the group, off beyond whoever took the picture. He wore his sun cap, which was a jungle camouflaged hat with broad flaps all the way around the cap, the string for the cap lose around his chin. Like the rest of the A280 blaster rifles in the picture, they all had green slings that hung down from the barrel. Bob Smith had blue eyes and he smiled in the picture, his left arm at his side.

Next stood dark-skinned Second Lieutenant Timothy Wilkins. Born on Carratos, the human known as Timothy Wilkins never had a family, a run away boy at the age of eight on a planet where even Imperial Stormtroopers and the might of a Imperial Garrison base couldn?t tame the pirate, smuggler, and arms merchants infested world. Born up on the streets, Timothy Wilkins never had much of a smile, never really had a reason to smile in life, until he became part of Bravo Team. In this hologram photo, Timothy Wilkins was honesty smiling, one of the few good natured smiles that man ever cracked in his life. He wore simple jungle camouflaged clothes, a jungle camouflaged equipment belt around his waist, a green sleeveless shirt under his jacket which

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Great first chapter, Jason. Is there a reason you keep emphasizing that Jason, the Man on the Move, is twenty-three? You mention it a lot. Can't wait to see where this goes.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Humm...I didn't know that I mentioned his age that much. I only wanted to mention it once. Very interesting. I'll look through my most recent typings and edit out repeated things like that. It was a mistake, just a oversight on my part, but thank you for the heads up. :)

Just as a note, from now on, posts will be shorter for easier reading, so expect multipule posts for one chapter (spread out so replies can be made for each post by readers) instead of one big post for each chapter. :)

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
    Jackson 105 Fire Department
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Chapter Two
    Introductions
    New Jedi Temple, Ossus

Jedi Knight Jason Bravo sat down as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker took his seat on the opposite side of the desk.

?The Jedi have been requested by the Senate to resolve a conflict that diplomatic convoys from the Galactic Senate have been unable to resolve.? Luke Skywalker stated simply, ?The Jedi Council wishes, as do I, to get you back into the flow of things. But, we already have two Jedi selected for the diplomatic mission to Ulna Prime to settle the conflict there; Jedi Master Jacen Solo and his Padawan. For you,? Luke stood up out of his chair and walked to the far window, clasping his hands behind his back and looking out upon the courtyard below, ?We have a mission of the up most urgency to the Jedi Order.?

?What is it?? Jason asked.

Luke turned to face Jason. ?Jedi Master Kyp Durron and his Padawan Talaka Vok have been missing for a whole week without any communications back to the Jedi Order or any allied ships. We have Talon Karde pulling a few strings for us and making a few deals with some intelligence networks, much like the one he ran at one time and some still think he does, listening in all on news shows, tapping into government communications, and gathering intelligence. Nothing has turned up.?

?Where was their last location?? Jason asked.

?Tatooine. They were sent to Tatooine on a mission to arrest a known anti-Jedi and a man who had killed a government leader just weeks before. On top of that, he was known to travel in a well protected group of thugs and had inside government connections with the Galactic Senate, hence why two Jedi were dispatched by me, the only people with the knowledge of their mission was me, Leia, and a senator who will remain nameless for now. We believe that they are still on Tatooine, but we are not sure. I know they are alive, I can feel them through the Force,? Luke said, but his face suddenly got a worried expression on his face, ?But the Dark Side of the Force clouds everything. I can?t be sure, no one can.? Luke paused for a second and sat back down. ?I was hoping with your commando skills black operations, as well as your Jedi training, you would take this mission. I need someone who can think outside the box, Jason, and you?re the one I know who can.?

?When do I leave??

?As soon as your ready. However, there is one thing.?

Jason raised an eyebrow. ?Such as?? Jason asked.

?You will be taking a Padawan with you. Before she can become a Jedi Knight, she must successfully complete three Jedi assignments. This will be her first one.?

?No,? Jason said, adding, ?Ever since they died, I can?t. It just doesn?t seem right.?

?Jason, you need to let go of the past. What happened, however sad it was, it happened for a reason. It?s a lesson in life?s big journey.?

?But why did they have to die? Why not me?? Jason asked.

Luke signed. ?Do you remember when I told you how I found you?? Jason nodded, ?I always said that you were a special person Jason and you had a purpose beyond what I could understand. I saw it in you then as a infant, I see it in you now, as an adult. You have a destiny that the Force refuses to tell us.?

?What if I don?t want this destiny? I?ve already lost three months of my life with no memory of what happened, then I lose my best-friends, on top of that all, I never had parents to grow up with. They were taken from me before I knew who they were. I have hardly any friends and I wonder through these corridors, day after day, wondering where my life is going. I?ve never tasted the roots of a relationship with having a girlfriend...there are so many things that I haven?t done and it?s been all for the Jedi Order and the Force. Sometimes, I?m tired of it, Luke.?

?Jason, the road of destiny has already been set before you, that much I am sure of. You have a purpose in this life that I can?t even begin to explain. Did I ever want to be a Jedi? No, I wanted to become a starfighter pilot. Instead, fate had other plans, my homestead and the only family I

11. Chopper_Quagmire

Chopper_Quagmire Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    This is Bravo here. All future postings for this Fan Fic will be under this username. :)

Is anyone still reading this Fan Fic even? :confused:

12. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    I am gokg to finish this Fan Fic no matter what. If no one wants to read it, fine. I hope someone does, but I can not force people to read what they don't want to.

Anyways, expect a few changes. There will no longer be chapters. Instead, there will be locations identified as: Luke's Homestead, Tatooine, Mid-Day. I was restricting myself to chapter titles and the story wasn't being told. Now, the story will be told.

I hope for all who read this story that you enjoy it. :)

Mess Hall, New Jedi Temple, Ossus---Mid-Day

Jason Bravo took a seat in the mess hall, while Vera took a seat across from him. A few other Jedi were around, eating or talking, ?So, your study is in Diplomatic Relations and Political Issues?? Jason asked as the eighteen year old woman ate her food, reciting the information Luke had given him.

She nodded. ?Sure is. I just completed the course a few days ago.? Vera Talos was a beautiful young woman. She had purple hair that went beyond her shoulders a little, her hair straight. She had a pink, almost red, lipstick, crystal blue yes, and silver earrings that hung from both ears. She had purple Jedi robes lined in white trim, a purple colored undershirt, white colored pants, purple high boots, and a white belt. Vera Talos had the mark of pure beauty. She had the look and features that most men would start drooling over. Jason had to admit she was very, very attractive. However, in Jason?s eyes, Jessica Lamp was the most attractive woman and was the one he was concerned about the most.

?That?s good to hear. Is it fun, the course of study I mean?? Jason asked.

?Yeah. I want to become a political advisor someday to the Jedi Council.? She said eagerly.

?Strange that the Jedi Order would need such a position, but I guess times change. Any other fields of interest besides politics??

?Agriculture.? She said as she took a sip of her drink. She was eating like she hadn?t ate in days.

?Interesting selection.? Jason said, taking a sip from his cup of water. It was standard practice to have a Jedi major and be proficient in one area of study and have a ?strong? education in a second subject before they could be knighted as a Jedi Knight. Usually these fields of study were selected when the Padawan was young by behavior patterns and interests and dislikes, sometimes the Padawans changing their areas of study once or twice before becoming a Jedi Knight. All of this was on top of the standard education that most of the galaxy had in a modern civilization and their Jedi training. Often, however, their major area of study was completed, then they were knighted as Jedi Knights, then they started their secondary field of education while at their early stages of being a Jedi Knight. This was mostly due to the need for Jedi Knights and due to the limited supply of Jedi Knights in the galaxy.

?How about you?? She asked, knocking Jason out of the temporary slip of mind he was having.

Jason shook his head slightly as to clear it. ?Oh, me?? He asked as to clarify that she wanted his attention and when she nodded, Jason said, ?My main area of study is Combat Arms and Warfare Tactics. My secondary area of study is Military History Related to Development of the Galaxy.?

?Ah, the loyal soldier?? She asked with a smirk.

Jason chuckled. ?I guess you could say that. The loyal soldier with the senator.? Jason added with a lop-sided smile.

She laughed. ?I guess so.? She looked at her food and spun her food around with her fork for a moment then looked up at Jason. ?Are the stories true? You know, the stories about you being a army commando once??

Jason didn?t want to go down this line of questioning or memories, so he decided to change the subject. ?So, how are you with your lightsaber??

?I can handle.? She said, disappointed that Jason wouldn?t answer her question, but was determined to get him to tell her one day.

?I would hope so,? Jason said, adding, ?Due to current issues in the galaxy, we have been ta

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post, Jason. Keep it up.

14. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    Thanks Laine! Will do. :)

Lambda -class Shuttle, enroute to Tatooine---Next Day, morning

Jedi Knight Jason Bravo streched in his seat, despite the crash webbing holding him down to his seat tight.

"What's wrong, Master? Don't like star ships?" Padawan Vera Talos said with a good-hearted smile of mischief.

"No," Jason said, looking over to his Padawan sitting in the seat over, "Don't like sitting around in one place for a while. Uh, there it is. Tatooine." Jason said, pointing his finger out towards the desert planet that hung in the blackness of space ahead, behind the cockpit, the pilots' heads moving as they talked up front.

"What a waste." Vera Talos said cold heartly. She held no love for the desert planet.

"You would think differently if you knew the history of this planet." Jason said.

"I know the history of this planet, Master. That's why I think cold of it." Vera replied.

I can't blame her...Darth Vader came from this place. Jason thought. "Well, no matter. Wake me up when we get there." Jason closed his eyes.

"Your going to sleep!" Vera cited.

"Quiet, I'm trying to get some shut eye here." Jason said, opening a eye to look at his Padawan, then closing it.

"Your weird." Vera said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Thank you." Jason said, snuggling into the chair for a better sleeping position.

The Lambda-class Shuttle, the stark white of the Galactic Empire where it became so famous, speed away from the Mon Calamari Crusier quickly becoming distant to the shuttle as it speed along, two K-Wings in a escort position, flanking either wing of the white Lambda-class Shuttle.

A small addition, I know. Sorry. I'm tired and I don't want to post the next part of the story when I'm tired and not have it as good.

15. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    Mos Eisley Spaceport, Tatooine--Morning

A small gust if wind ripped it's way through the streets of Mos Eisley, kicking up sand in it's wake. Jason held a arm up to his face, mindful to keep the sand out of his face. He and Vera had found some old tattered brown robes to thrown on over their Jedi clothing, to help disguise them from their true idenity.

Once the small powerful gust of wind had pasted, Jason looked down at his Padawan, his hood, like her's, concealing his face. "Be careful. A gust of wind like that one, that kicks up the sand to blind oneself, is very useful to those who wish to steal or otherwise attack us. Be mindful of that fact." Jason whispered.

"A course, Master." Vera said matter-of-factly.

Jason and Vera rounded a corner, the streets of Mos Eisley Spaceport never truely asleep and always crowded during the day, and came upon the Mos Eisley Cantina.

"Where are we going? What could we find in a place like this that would lead us to our friends?" Vera asked.

"Some of the best information can be learned from dark, hole in the wall cantinas such as this one. But watch your step."

"What do you mean?" Vera asked.

"Places like these are held together by the word of the Spacer---one of the few places where they can all agree to not kill each other for profit or their own gain. However, at times, this place can get a little rough. Stay close to me."

Vera simply nodded and the two tattered looking people walked down the small steps and into the darkened Mos Eisley Cantina that turned Han Solo from smuggler to Rebel Hero by meeting a farm boy and old wizard who needed transport off the planet---by a fast ship.

As the two Jedi disappeared into the Cantina, a equally tattered robed human male with a long gray beard and a brown round-brimed hat, stood up from his chair right outside the Cantina and walked in, folding up the newspaper he was reading and putting it under his arm as he walked in.

16. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    Mos Eisley Cantina, Inside--Morning

Jason Bravo and Vera entered. To Jason Bravo, it looked just as Han Solo and Luke Skywalker had always talked about it. Jason had been here twice before, only on undercover missions, like this one. It seemed like the Mos Eisley Cantina would always be for undercover work for Jason and never for enjoyment and pleasure.

Jason had Vera go take a seat and ordered a drink for her and him. Sitting down in the back, to where they could observe the darkened Cantina.

"How are we going to find help here, just sitting here?" Vera whispered, adding, "Shouldn't we go ask someone?"

"Just wait," Jason said, "Let the non-regulars come and go. We want a regular here. They always know the most."

Short, I know. Brain not working. :p

17. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005

By the time Jason Bravo had talked to one of the last regulars, he had a pretty good idea of what happened, or so he thought at least. Talk had it that Kyp Durron and his Padawan Talaka Vok had come to Mos Eisley quite loudly, meaning they were displaying their status as Jedi very openly. Probably their first mistake, but a odd mistake for Kyp Durron, a vetern Jedi Master. Kyp and Talaka had walked a near-by trading shop to arrest their target and that's when things got ugly and turned for the worst. Lightsabers were drawn and blasters were shot and after it was all done, both Jedi were brushed badly and captivites, and about thirty thugs lay dead in the street, many other wounded.

But the question still remained, where were they?

None of the people Jason had talked to could give him information on where they were or even if they were still on the planet. Luke said they were still alive, so that counted for something.

Looking at Vera, Jason said, "Well, that's everything we can hope to gather here. We should get going before anyone notices us." Jason was standing up, but then a heavy hand grabbed his shoulder and shoved him back to his seat.

It was the gray bearded man with tattered clothes and a round-brimemd brown hat.

A blaster pistol had replaced his newspaper in his hand.

"Your not going anywhere, Jedi." He said quietly, the blaster pointed at Jason square in the chest, the blaster hidden from view from everyone else in the Cantina.

18. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005

Jason kept his facal feautures calm and cool. In the Force, however, he could feel Vera Talos' fear was up and she was a bit stuck on what to do. This was most likely her first experience with life and death.

"How may I help you?" Jason asked.

"Get up, Jedi. No tricks or your dead. Your more out-numbered then you think." The man said with the blaster pistol to his chest.

Jason knew of no one stupid enough to pull a blaster pistol on a Jedi without reniforcements nearby.

"Okay." Jason looked over to Vera and nodded. He could feel the nervousness rolling off of her in waves through the Force. Practice was one thing, the real thing was something all together.

As Jason stood up fully, the man with the blaster stepping back but keeping the blaster trained on Jason and hidden from view, Jason looked over at vera and winked.

In a flash, Jason had knocked the blaster out of the man's hand, grabbed his former blaster holding hand, twisted it around with his arm and the man started to bow down in pain, twisting his arm around so the man was forced to turn with the pain, Jason let go of his hand whrist just long enough to grab his other arm, spin him around so his back was to him, and hold the man as his shield with his arm trapped. Jason was, afterall, a expert in all forms of combat and had easy control of the man.

As he expected, a fair number of the people in the bar were up, blasters in hand, pointed at Jason and Vera behind him.

"This is where the fun begins." Jason said, looking back to a shaking Vera behind him.

19. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005

"Okay Jedi, now you pay!" The man that Jason had by the back spat.

"I don't think so," Jason said, forcing the man to move with him towards the day, using the man as a shield. "They shoot, you die."

"You fool! Your out-numbered." The man, but Jason shut the man up by twisting his arm even more. Vera stayed behind Jason.

"To all you good citizens that aren't pointing a gun at me, please realize that probably most of these folks with weapons pointed at me helped the Yuuzhan Vong at one point or another. And think about how many of your fellow Spacers the Yuuzhan Vong killed." Jason said, hoping that some of the older Spacers would stand up. Some of the would-be shooters started to look around with worry on their face.

"I never helped the Vong!" One of the would-be shooters said, he was a younger man.

"Who cares," A older, grizzly looking Spacer with medium long gray hair said, putting his drink on the bar counter and pulling his blaster pistol out, pointing it at the gun slinger. "My brother was killed by the Vong. And the Vong hated the Jedi. Those damn Peace Brigadiers weren't all caught and killed like they should have been."

One of the gun slingers pointed his blaster at the grizzled old Spacer. "Don't think it, old man." The Rodian said.

"Look who's talking." Another alien said, putting a blaster to the Rodain's head, adding, "No one threatens a Spacer in this bar and gets away with itr. Your not even a Spacer...your thugs."

"What ever happened to no blasters in the bar?" The bar-tender said to himself, shaking his head in his hands. The bar-tender ducked under the bar table for cover what was sure to come.

Soon another, more blasters were pointed at everyone else in the bar except for Jason and Vera who made their way silently out of the bar.

Outside of Mos Eisley Cantina---Morning

Once outside, Vera said, "What happens now?"

The sound of blasters going off in the bar started to go off. "That." Jason said in reply. "Where's your boss?" Jason asked the man.

"You'll have to kill me first, Jedi." The man spat.

"Will you stop spitting and answer the question?" Jason said, twisting the man's arm almost to the breaking point, forcing the man to his knees with a scream of pain. "Now, where's your boss?"

"Ah...ah...AH!" The man screamed in pain as Jason held the twist. "Okay, okay, okay." Jason twisted his arm even more, causing the man to scream even louder, which caused a few passer by's to look at what was going on.

"Right here." A man answered.

Jason looked, seeing a large human standing there about twenty thugs with him, alien and human alike.

Jason broke the man's arm fully and dropped the man to the ground. Jason then turned to the large man. "Took you long enough."

"I was busy." The bald man replied. The thugs behind him were armed with blasters, projectile weapons, clubs, swords, and other meele weapons.

"I see. If you tell me where Kyp Durron is, I can let you go back to your business." Jason said, Vera standing there too shocked to say anything. Her training screamed at her to say something...but this was much more intense then any training. These thugs wouldn't listen to her as she rambled on about politics and what was right and what was wrong. She couldn't influence all of them, even with Jason's help, with Jedi Mind Tricks. And most likely, if these thugs had killed Jedi before, they would know a Jedi Mind Trick when they saw one and wouldn'ty be fooled.

"You have balls, Jedi." The man said.

"I know I do. Thank you." Jason said in reply.

"Don't get smart with me, Jedi!" The large man said.

"I'm scared now." Jason said with a mocking smile.

"Who do you think you are? Your out-numbered and now..." The man snapped his fingers and the Thugs moved to surround the two Jedi, "Surrounded. Kyp Durron and his Padawan didn't last very long and their weren't as many of us as there are now. So, I ask again, who do you think you are?"

"I'm

20. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    Outside of Mos Eisley Cantina---Morning

Vera Talos was quick to ignite her lightsaber as the blaster bolts started flying. She allowed the Force to flow through her, guide her actions as she defended blaster bolts back away to their owners and then attacked.

The nice thing about thugs was that they were like Battle Droids. Stupid to a degree and not good shots---espically against two Jedi. Vera moved with Jason, the two moving in tandom with what was called a Force Meld. Between the two of them, it was strong and very easy to use, allowing each other to dance without hesitation to the blaster bolts. Vera's pruple lightsaber swung in well designed displays of flowing light with Jason's green lightsaber. The two lightsabers seemed to blend together as the Jedi themselves seemed to blend together as they danced a deadly against the in coming blaster bolts with amazing grace.

The pair of Jedi danced their way one way, then another, all the long reducing the thugs in number. Once the last thug fell to the ground, the Jedi finally came to a stop in their dance and looked at the large thug leader, his two body guards flanking him on either side. The rest of the thugs were either dead or wounded, some of them getting no more then a flesh wound from a deflected blaster bolt their way and running off. Money kept the thugs in line, but money only went so far when danger to one's life was at stake, espically when hiring for thugs and gun-for-hire people.

"Now, where is Kyp Durron?" Jason asked, taking in a breath as the recent fight had drained him some. His breathing was a bit rapid, but such was expected after such a work-out. Vera Talos was much the same right now as well.

"Good moves, Jedi." The thug boss said, adding, "But your still going to have to go through me to get to Kyp Durron."

"Maybe he doesn't," A voice said from behind. The thug boss and his two body guards spun around to see Kyp Durron standing there, leaning up against a wall, looking as if he had been through a week of beatings.

"How did you escape?" The thug boss asked in shock as he looked at Kyp Durron.

"I'm a Jedi," Kyp said, holding up the binders in his hand, "You really think binders would hold me down?"

The thug boss couldn't say anything---he was too shocked. Bringing Kyp along with him as a extra insurance policy maybe wasn't such a good idea afterall, even after leaving four guards to guard the man on the land-speeder, even with one of the animals that created a negative Force bubble around the whole land-speeder.

"Well?" Jason asked, making the thug boss snap his attention around back to Jason, one guard keeping any eye on Kyp, the other on Jason and Vera.

"You win this time Jedi. But next time you won't be so lucky!" The thug boss motioned for his guards and three of them made a hasty retreat from the area, leaving their wounded behind. Vera and Jason quickly ran to Kyp to hold the man up from falling down.

"You look like bantha fodder." Jason commented as he and Vera helped stablize Kyp against the wall of the bar.

"Thanks Jason. That makes me feel all better." The Jedi Master commented.

"Your welcome." Jason replied with a lop-sided smile.

"What happened to your Padawan?" Vera asked worriedly.

Kyp shook his head. "Talaka Vok was killed. He was a good man, too. One of the best aliens I ever knew."

"I'm sorry." Vera said.

"It's okay. He died for a noble reason...although sometimes I must admit I find myself, even as a Jedi Master and on the Jedi Council, wondering if that noble cause still exists."

"We'll have plenty of time to talk about it once we get out of here." Jason said, adding, "Was that the anti-Jedi slime that you were sent after? That big bald guy we let go."

Kyp shook his head. "No. I killed the anti-Jedi slime bag. That bald guy was just a thug ring leader. Most of the other leadership thugs escaped Talaka Vok and mine amush, although we got a fair number of them down before we were overwhelmed ourselves by a flooding of guards into the room."

"We have to get you some

21. Chopper_Quagmire

Jan 11, 2005
    Jedi Council Chambers, New Jedi Temple, Ossus---Morning---Next Day

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker rubbed his chin in thought.

"We have a problem that I fear will get worse if we do not settle it quickly," Luke said, glancing at the other elven Jedi Council members. As was the norm, six of them were Jedi, the other six were politicians, military, or other branches of governments that seeked to be repersented among the Jedi. Today, however, only three Jedi Masters sat in their chairs, three politicians and a high ranking military officer, since much of the staff that made up the Jedi Council were away on important business. "Jedi Master Jacen Solo has reported to me that Ulna Prime has become very unstable, despite political and Jedi intervention. Even Jacen, ever the one to find solutions, has ran out of solutions. He feels that there is much more hidden among the raiots and disconent of the citizens of Ulna Prime then meets the eye. He also reports a dark pressence. Although he can't be certain if it's the Dark Side of the Force. It is just dark and clouded he says. Options, people?"

"Jedi Knight Jason Bravo and his Padawan Vera Talos were very impressive," Kyp Durron said, still nursing some wounds, "Considering they went into the unknown and were vastly out-numbered."

The high ranking military officer, a army general who was a Bothan, cleared his throat. "Jedi Knight Jason Bravo has the military experience if lightsabers won't be enough. Furthermore, he has a keen eye for seeing the unseen. I would know, he was in my unit." The Bothan army general said, his fur letting his pride known at his last comment.

"I don't see why not," One of the politicians said, a Twi'lek female, "If military intervention is the last draw, Jason Bravo could provide a valuable assest to any military operations." The female Twi'lek looked at the Bothan who nodded his approval towards her.

"Let me go with him," Mara Jade Skywalker said, "Surely if two Jedi Masters, a Jedi Knight, and two Jedi Padawans can not resolve this problem, then military force may be the only option. I would suggest moblizing a task force behind the screen just in case."

"It has already been done. A dozen ships are all ready in place." The Bothan general said.

Luke looked around the room and got approval nods from the rest of the Jedi Council. "I wish this not to come to open conflict. I just don't see how a simple dispute over transporting rights for goods and other exports could turn into a planetary conflict. It just doesn't make sense."

"Politics very rarely make sense." The Twi'lek teased.

"That's true." Kyp Durron said.

"Very well. Mara, go with Jason and Vera. Something just doesn't feel right about this."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.