main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Lord of the Sith

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LORDeron_MAULer, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    ok is just the leader of the Sith the "Dark Lord of the Sith" or all of them?

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    According to the EU, a "Dark Lord of the Sith" is any of the most powerful students of the Sith teachings that became candidates to become Dark Lords of the Sith, the equivalent of an all-powerful Jedi Master. The original Dark Lords descended from true Jedi Knights many millennia before the Great Sith War. They were cast out for their forays into the use of Dark Side magic, and exiled on the planet Korriban. There, they interbred with the native Sith race, growing stronger and more powerful as a result of the genetic combination. They expanded their realm into several nearby systems, and individual factions grew out of the isolation. The laws of the Sith dictate that only one Dark Lord can rule at any time. A ritual of ascension was performed, with the candidate being subjected to the bites of three deadly insectoids. If the candidate survived - through the use of intense Sith magic - they were declared the next Dark Lord of the Sith. They were forever marked by the bites, with a flaming sun scar on their forehead. Naga Sadow was one of the first Dark Lords to break away from the established ascension rituals, claiming himself Dark Lord after the death of Marka Ragnos without the consent of the other ruling Lords. Several centuries later, Freedon Nadd was unlucky enough to begin learning the Sith teaching under a young Dark Lord, and yearned to take the position from him. It is for this reason that Nadd went to Onderon. The ancient remains of the Dark Lords before Exar Kun were entombed on Korriban. Darth Vader is thought to have been the last of the Dark Lords.

;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    And now from the movies. Based upon my interpretation of the movies, one becomes a Dark Lord of the Sith when he completes his training. Similar to the Jedi.

Maul was still a Sith Apprentice (sw.com), just like Obi was a padawan. If Obi had been killed, I'm betting Sidious would have made Maul a Dark Lord. Just like Obi was made a Jedi.

(I don't think Obi become a Jedi because he killed Maul. His level of skill, Qui-Gons recommendation and his exemplary actions on naboo earned him the right to take the trials.)

4. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Sith Apprentice-Jedi Apprentice

Sith Lord-Jedi Knight

Sith Master-Jedi Master

5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    OBIX:

Sith Apprentice- Jedi Padawan

Sith Lord- Jedi Knight

Dark Lord of the Sith- Jedi Master

;) :)

6. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    Adding "The DArk" to the Sith Lord title is mearly a way of saying their evil, like calling Sauron THE DARK LORD SAURON. It in no way applies to the rank of the Sith, as they do not call themselves Dark Lords of the Sith, but merely Sith Lords. That would be silly.

"I now promote you, Darth Sidious, from being a mere Sith Lord to a DARK LORD OF THE SITH!!!"

See what I mean? Kind of silly and redundant. it would be the equivilant of not having Jedi Masters, but instead having "Jedi Knights of White Light".

Dooku said Dark Lord for reasons to imply the Dark lord's evilness.

Sidious, Kun, Lord Hoth, Malak, and Bane have all been referred to as "Sith Masters" in literature, thus making a simple connection between the sith and Jedi, as I wrote earlier in an above post.

7. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    um doesn't Sauron's title indicate his rank? wasn't there a preivious "Dark Lord"? There must be a whole lot of "Lords" in the LOTr world, he msut find away to distiguish himself I really don't want to start a LOTR discussion... i mean Yoda also called the Dark Lord of the sith. my impression was as follows:

Only one person a time is the 'Dark Lord of the Sith' _

the leader,

after Bane's rules of 2, only the Master was TheDLOTS... (except when Vader became it). However, they were both know as "Sith Lords"... master and apprentice... i don't find it that silly.

8. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    Umm... then why is Vader referred to in Shadows of the Empire as A Dark lord of the Sith? Isn't Palpatine in control? And why is Maul called a Dark Lord of the Sith in Shadow Hunter? I was certain that Sidious was the Master?

To have it the term Dark lord of the Sith as a rank is just silly. There can only be one Sith MASTER and one Sith APPRENTICE. But both can be a dark as they please...

9. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I find this site has good reference material about the Sith.

10. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Lord Hoth was not a sith. he was an ancient and powerful jedi master who led the army of light against the Brotherhood of darkness.

11. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    My mistake. I always confuse the names Hoth and Kaan in that story. My brain keeps telling me "Hoth=cold and grim"...

12. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    Well i hadn't read shadow hunter yet. sorry

13. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    It isn't your fault. :p

I suggest reading it though. It is a very good book. :D ;) :)

14. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    It is. Maul kicks @$*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.