main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Lords of the Sith Graphic Novels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ijedidotorg, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ijedidotorg

ijedidotorg Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2008
    I havent read a lot of the graphic novels, but I really liked the Dark Lords of the Sith. It is about Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun... and how they turn to the Dark Side... there are actually several books in the series, and they are all very interesting.
    Exar Kun is a very cool character... i wish someone would make a movie about that story.

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Dark Lords of the Sith is a great trade. It's from a series called Tales of the Jedi. I'd recomend you checking out the Tales of the Jedi Omnibus 1&2. The second contains Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War and Redemption. All about Ulic and Exar Kun but both are worth picking up.[face_peace]

3. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    Probably never, and I say this as a veritable expert on Tales of the Jedi, Veitch, and Anderson.

4. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    I don't think I'll get them because the art is really out dated and not detailed.

5. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    I love the story, but I do agree about the art. I doubt they would ever bother to publish an updated version...along the lines of a Special Edition? Come on...we know everyone loves Star Wars special editions!

And it would be cool if Tales of the Jedi was a movie...Robert Downey Jr. would have my pick for Exar Kun with James Franco as Ulic...Julia Roberts as Nomi Sunrider...Christina Aguilera as that Cathar Jedi (so they wouldn't have to use makeup)...and Hugo Weaving as Mandalore because I love it when he acts under a mask. (V anyone?)

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    The art has a specific kind of 1938-50s style. It's like Krypton in Action Comics #1. I like the style in the Ulic arc but it is an acquired taste. Redemption has a different more modern style. I'd say the second Omnibus is worth picking on story alone and those trades are still relentlessly referenced in the EU.

7. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    I actually like the art. It's very retro and stylised, and there's quite a few cool designs in there (such as the lightsabers). Of course, there are some silly ones as well, but oh well.

8. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    I am very divided on whether to buy them or not. I absolutely love the story, but the art is what really stops me from making the decision. Is this series the one where the Dark Jedi crash on Korriban and enslave the Sith race, or is it just a flash back?

9. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    That's a flashback. I think it's covered in DLOTS, but it was also mentioned in the Saga of Nomi Sunrider, I believe. DLOTS starts out with a holocron flashback detaling Sith history, though.

10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Anyone recall that in The Freedon Nadd Uprising Tott Doneeta actually has a lightsaber with a curved hilt ala Count Dooku?

11. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    That could very well be bad art. XD

12. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    The art is fine!

Yeesh. You guys all 10 or something?

13. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Nah, it's consistently curved. I checked. Also, Dorman gave Tott's lighstaber hilt a unique look on the cover of TOTJ #2 that the FNU artist was following.

14. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Agreed.

Y'all must be new to comics or something. TOTJ (all volumes) is pretty beautiful compared to most of the art found in 90's comics. And the coloring is great as well, when TOTJ: KotOR was released it blew away just about anything from DC or Marvel inking-wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.