main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dark Master (Prequel AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Anderson, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Anderson

Darth_Anderson Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2005
    Set during the time of the prequels, when Chancellor Palpatine has power over the Senate, this is a short story examining the power of the TRUE Lord of the Sith, where Palpatine is merely the apprentice. Obviously AU. I didn't want to come right out and SAY the identity of the Dark Master, but I hope you can figure it out.

As a side note, I previously began writing another AU, and never finished it. I realized I had tried to take too much upon myself for my first attempt at this, and there really is no short, easy way of cleaning it up. I may finish it one day, though nothing is certain. For those of you who have read that story, my apologies. I'm going to be sticking strictly with stories I know I can finish from now on. That being said...enjoy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Master

In the distance, the Jedi Master could see the rounded dome of the Senate, which was in full session. Sidious was no doubt giving another self-aggrandizing speech. The fool. If only he knew what was coming to him. He had grown too ambitious. He lusted for ever more power. And the Jedi Master knew where that would lead. Eventually, his Sith apprentice would attempt to murder him. No, that could not happen. He wouldn?t allow it to happen. The Jedi Master knew then that the time to reveal himself was near. But he could not do so until his position was assured. The Republic must come under his dark rule. The Jedi must be no more. Only then could the truth be revealed.

The Jedi Master raised his hands before him, stretching them in front of him to their fullest potential. Reaching deep within himself, he felt that dark, cool current. It was calming, in a sense, to know that underneath it all, underneath all of the lies, and the deception, the Dark side always waited to welcome him home. It was the Dark side that he called upon now. The Force was with him, as it had been for all these years. He felt a growing pressure between his hands, the physical manifestation of his power. The Dark side swirled around him, washing over him, cleansing him. The pressure grew, and he briefly wondered if it was perhaps enough. Pushing that thought aside, he dipped yet again into that infinite power at his very core. Examining the currents of the Force that carried visions of the future, the Jedi knew he had at last summoned a sufficient power to accomplish his task.Without thought, he crashed his outstretched fists together, unleashing his dreadful power on his target. A crack of thunder exploded in the sky above, so loud that it shook the duracrete balcony he was standing on. No sooner had that deafening explosion faded than another sound grew to take its place. This was a different noise, a steady growl that grew louder and louder. Ahead, the Master saw the effects of his Dark power. The Senate?s rounded roof splintered into several large masses, each falling into the open chamber. At the base of the Senate, the walls were cracking at the very foundations of the millennia-old building. With a shuddering groan and a tremendous crash, the Senate imploded on itself, casting a cloud of dust a full kilometer into the air. Already the sounds of emergency vehicles could be heard, and the Jedi Master knew that they would find no one alive. Chuckling darkly to himself, he stepped back into the concealing shadows of the Jedi Temple.

Three days later, the Jedi Master stepped into the meeting room of the Jedi Council, and took his customary place in the circle of chairs. The Jedi had been forced to take control of the Republic, until arrangements could be made for a new governing body. This meeting was to discuss just what would happen to the Republic now, what the Force might hold for it. In shuffled Obi-Wan Kenobi and Mace Windu. And there was young Anakin Skywalker, recently elevated to the rank of Master. The Jedi Master had needed to coax a bit more than expected to get Anakin?s status approved, but in the end he would make a fine apprentice. In truth, the Master could f

2. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
  3. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Lol, great twist! :D

4. Darth_Anderson

Jun 28, 2005
    Thank you very much, DarthJaina. I'm glad you liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.