main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Mirror (AU, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Han, Leia, Jaina, Pellaeon, Thrawn, others, COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    oh me too Herman! i read the whole thing...

just a suggestion: i got really confused in some places as to which galaxy we were in. so could you tell us at the beginning of the chapter? please?

and a question: i just have to get this whole thing straight. all the other galaxies surrounding the one we know as the GFFA are mirrors of what could have been? so the ones invaded by the Vong are possible futures that we didn't hear?

Gandolf despite my slight confusion, this is a great story! i very good idea, it's like reading a book...suspense and everything. i can't wait for them to come face to face, but none of the characters seem to be shocked at the discovery that the other galaxies hold other outcomes...and doubles of themselves.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
  3. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
  4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
  5. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ...gandolf...?

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I've been away from my computer all weekend. My uncle died in a car accident, and I went to the funeral, in another province =( I'm sure you'll all understand if I put family before fanfiction.

The other half of this is that I have a mountain of work to do I expected to get done on the weekend, but was unable to do due to circumstances.

Vergere: You got it. I'll say where they are at the top of each section.

I hope this post goes to further clarify Jacen's philosophy. It'll either do that, or make it more confusing =/

====================================================

Belkadan System: Light Side

Jacen shifted in the cockpits unfamiliar seat, mentally preparing himself for battle. Preparing himself for the possibility of killing. He could do it, he knew. He could do it very well. But he didn?t think it right, except as a last resort.

He knew his dislike of battle, using violence only as the very last resort, had contributed to his pacifistic reputation. In truth, he was become one of the most capable killers in the galaxy, but hated the fact, even as he took unwanted quiet pride in his abilities.

The past year, without the Force, he had traveled, learning new things. He had practiced his flying, and flew in several podraces. He hadn?t ever won, but he had always finished, which was more than most humans could say. He had never told any of the other podracer?s who he was, and he found not being immediately judged as a Solo and as a Skywalker amazingly refreshing.

He credited his success in the asteroid field with the lessons he learned from a wizened old veteran podracer named Sebulba. Sebulba had claimed that he had raced against Anakin Skywalker, and that his pod once had belonged to him. Jacen knew he was lying, and didn?t even bother to use the Force to check. His grandfather, a slave on Tatooine, podracing at age nine? Ludicrous. Other than that often repeated claim though, he had rather liked the old Dug.

He had then go to spend six months with the Noghri, learning about their culture, and their fighting styles. The galaxy wide rumor was that a Noghri hunter was an even match for a Jedi Knight in unarmed combat, and the rumor was not far from the truth. He had arrived unable to beat a Noghri of age six. When he left, he could beat teenagers in a fair. For a non-Noghri not using the Force, that was very good.

Jacen and his Noghri companions had even gone to Myrkr, to duplicate his aunt and uncles trip through the forests there. He wore a Vornskr?s tooth around his neck, from one of the beasts that attacked them. He had killed it himself, defending a friend. Of course, his companions had defended his back far more often than he had defended theirs.

Thinking of the trip, and of the Noghri, he unconsciously reached down to his belt, touching the dagger the Noghri had given him when he left. He had won their respect, not as the grandson of Lord Vader, but as Jacen Solo. It meant a lot to him, he who was always being compared to his more famous relatives, even his brother, to be recognized for his own abilities.

That was why he had run the belt. He wanted to show his siblings, and the other Jedi, that the Force wasn?t everything. He felt he had to prove that to them. He was proud of his heritage, but not ready to accept it yet. He knew somehow that his self imposed time away from the Force would end soon. The Force had wanted him to learn how to live without it, and soon it would want him back. When the time came, he was ready.

The squadron reentered real space, and right away they knew something was wrong. For one thing, Star Destroyers had no business being around Belkadan. For another, ten kilometer long Star Destroyers had no business being anywhere?s.

?By the Force? breathed Miko, Kyp?s apprentice.

There were over a dozen of the dagger shaped vessels in system, of various sizes. They ranged from just under eight hundred meters to the massive ten-kilometer long command ship, calling itself the Black Dragon.

?Pull out!? ordered the Jedi Master. Kyp was no coward, bu

7. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Kyp's a goner? Oh, well. I never cared much for his attitude anyway. So now Jacen is the one who kind of acts like Miko in VP. Hopefully with all that training he went through he'll fare a little better.

I think i like this Jacen better than the one one portrayed thus far in NJO. Here, while he is some what of a pacifist, he still understands that there is a time to act for the saftey of others.

Great post. So sorry about your Uncle, my sincerest condolences. I can't blame you for putting that ahead of posting.

8. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I understand about your uncle. My cousin died recently (he left behind two young kids) and I couldn't bring myself to work on anything for a bit. May you be comforted, Gandolf.

9. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    My sympathies on the loss of your uncle. Don't sweat the fanfic. I'm sure all your readers will wait for you.

Good detail on Jacen's personality. I liked the bit with Sebulba too.

Great job on the battle scene! So who is Saber 1 & why did they spare Jacen? Maybe Emperor Luke out having fun sensed something of his dead sister in Jacen? (I'm guessing Jacen can't have an alternate.) Hmmm.

10. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    Death is so hard to deal with. My mother passed away in 1997 and it still hurts. I hope you will find peace, Gandolf, and please don't rush to the boards for obligation's sake. That was so great, though. The part about Jacen's adventures without the Force was excellent, as was the battle. Kyp never stood a chance...but maybe that's the way you wanted it? The 181st must have had the easiest battle they ever fought. :) Please take your time in writing and everything, don't worry about us. :)

11. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    I'm sorry about your uncle Gandolf, I know how hard it is to lose a close family member.
    On the plus side, your last post was great... I'm looking forward to Jacen meeting Dark Luke.... or preferably the Dark HAN! ;)

12. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Kyp? NOOO! Hmm, ahh well. I liked him though.

Sorry about your uncle. No words could ever reconcil for a death of a person though. I know. . .

13. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Chapter V

Lightside: Lando's Palace

Frustrated, Jaina knocked on her bothers antique door for the third time. The was still no response. She made fists, and then unclenched them. Right now, she was sorely tempted to use the Force to rip the door right off its hinges, but knew she?d regret the petty release later.

Still?

Jaina used the Force in a slightly different way, only on the knob itself. She heard the primitive lock click, and she slammed the door open, going straight through Anakin?s suite towards his bedroom.

He was lying there, fast asleep, a small smile on his face, and he clenched a pillow tight to his body. He was wearing the same clothes he had worn the day before, not having bothered to undress or change before bed.

?Anakin, wake up!? she shouted at him. He rolled over towards her, finally beginning to wake.

?Buttercup?? he asked, a surprised and stupefied look on his face as he propped himself up on one arm and tried to blink away sleep.

?No, not Buttercup.? said Jaina. ?It?s Jaina. You know, your sister??

?Not Buttercup?? he asked groggily , sounding disappointed.

?Definitely not Buttercup.? Jaina looked over at the light switch, and flicked it on with the Force. Anakin simply ducked underneath the covers with a startled yelp as the light hit his eyes. She countered by ripping the sheets off him.

?Would stop kidding around and wake up?? she bit out.

?Whatsamatter?? asked Anakin groggily.

?Jacen!? she practically shouted.

?Jacen?s just Jacen. Mom says he?ll grow out of it? said Anakin, reaching for his bed sheets again.

?Try to sense him through the Force? said Jaina. Anakin shot her a dirty look that might have been hilarious under other circumstances, and tried to touch his brothers sense in the Force. And succeeded, sort of.

?By the Force? what?s he done now?? breathed Anakin.

Jaina felt like screaming. Her brother, their brother, might be dead, and Anakin was treating this like it was nothing important, like a joke. ?I don?t know! One moment he was there, the next it was like a curtain was drawn between us! I can sense him, but it?s all weird? she said, and surprised herself by brushing tears away from her eyes. Jacen had sensed something, and she had let him go to his doom. She had let him go.

Anakin was finally beginning to come around, and began to reflect her grim attitude. ?Oh shavit? he said, putting a hand in front of his mouth. ?Oh shavit.? He got up out of bed, and started to take off the shirt he had been wearing for the night and the previous day, and then stopped as his cobwebbed brain remembered his sister was in the room.

?Umm, could you let me change in private?? he asked, flushing slightly.

Jaina threw a pillow at his head, and stormed out of the room. She kept up her anger until she got outside, at which point she collapsed into a chair. She held herself tight, and rocked back and forth. ?Jacen, what have you done?? she wondered. He couldn?t be dead. He couldn?t be. She could still sense him, even if it was weird and strangely distant.

Anakin emerged from his bedroom after a moment, tugging on a shirt. ?What system was it he disappeared in?? her youngest brother asked.

?Belkadan,? she said, ?But don?t you think we should be careful? After all, there was three Jedi Knights flying in Kyp?s Squadron. If they?ve all been- If they were all beaten, then what makes you think another two will make a difference??

?We can at least find out what happened, can?t we?? asked Anakin. Jaina nodded fiercely. Even if they couldn?t find Jacen, they could still find out what had- what had happened. They owed it to him.

Anakin hesitated a long moment. ?Do we tell mom?? he finally managed, and Jaina felt his sense in the Force change as it slowly began to sink in to Anakin that Jacen might be- might be badly hurt.

?No,? decided Jaina, a lump in her throat. ?Not till we see proof of?? she trailed off, unable to continue. Anakin nodded slowly, and they went to prep their X-Wings for flight.

14. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    more solo's join the fight!!! YAYAYAY!!!!

15. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Oo, baby! I like Jaina's exasperration with her little bro.

Keep it coming! More from the "dark side", maybe?

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sorry to hear of your loss. My sympathies go out to you.

Jaina and Anakin were acting like real siblings. wonderful characterization. And who was this Buttercup that Anakin was dreaming about? Could she be some beautiful princess who forsake her true love for another?

17. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    At least Jacen had sense enough to go with Kyp's squadron, but Solos will be Solos. Let's hope Han's patron, Lady Luck, is gracious enough to let them make it. :) Very human behavior from Jaina and Anakin, and that's how it should be. More!!

18. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Nice interaction between Jaina and Anakin there, very different from how I thought they would be after reading how Jacen felt about them.

19. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    first off i'd like to say that my sympathy is with you. im very sorry for your loss.

thank you very very much for heeding my request! it helps a bunch, but...Lando's *Palace*? :) hehehe

i, too, would like to know who Buttercup was, it seems as if Anakin were very disappointed to be awakened... :D

i can't believe Kyp is gone! wow...i can't decide whether that is good or bad. probably good.

You're doing great, Gandolf, i'm really enjoying this!

20. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

I liked your detailed little backstory about Jacen. It gave a great insight into his character.

Anakin is definitely not a morning person I guess.

21. Obi-too

Obi-too Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2000
    I can't beleive it! I just read the first post, and am printing off the rest, but I felt like crying! This is soooooo good! I'll post what I think of the rest of the story tomorrow! I can't wait!

22. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    Good Story...I await more.

23. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Loved the interaction between Jania & Anakin!
    Keep up the awesome work!

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    The top is where you should be. That is where you shall go.

25. Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon

Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2000
    I'm sorry about your uncle.

Keep up the excellent work on the story though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.