main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Mirror (AU, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Han, Leia, Jaina, Pellaeon, Thrawn, others, COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    WOW!!!
    That was awesome!!!

It's really sad that Jacen has to die, but I also think that he couldn't have lived with all those deaths on his mind...

2. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    *drool* Oh man....I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS PART!! Great job! The fight between Evil Luke and Good Luke was VERY well written. You're one talented author! Wow! Keep it up....!!!!

ps: Too bad this isn't a NJO novel. Oh man...
    *cries*

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I totally missed that last line..

Wow!!!!

Jacen dead..:(

4. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    This needs to go up...

5. JediVegeta

Dec 20, 2000
  6. DemolitionBoy

DemolitionBoy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2001
  7. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
  8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I'm probably going to change the title of my next fic. "I, Sith" will probably become "In the Shadow of an Ivory Tower."

Jacen's fate? It will be dealt with in the epilogue, but as CmdrMitthrawnuruodo said, "not many can survive a lightsaber wound to the chest." :(

Well, this is it. It isn't as long as I would like, having put the first half of the battle into the last chapter. But this is the End, the Last Battle. One epilogue to go...

Chapter IX

The Emperor raised his hands towards Luke, and pure dark side energy poured forth. The dark flow of power made the lightning?s that Palpatine had often called upon to kill those who displeased him seem almost harmless by comparison. Mara felt her heart rise up to her throat as Luke disappeared, but his sense never wavered. The Emperor swung the flow around, frustration evident on his face.

She blinked. Luke was on the other side of the throne room. He had moved too fast for her to see, even with her Jedi senses. Once again, she felt awe at his powers. Of course, the Emperor was even stronger at the moment.

The Empress lunged, and Mara was barely able to parry in time. Stupid! Allowing myself to be distracted Mara thought. She stepped back, balancing on one foot and then the other, moving into an intricate pattern of defense. This form had been taught to her by a humble Jedi Master who had lived over three thousand years before the Empire.

The Empress played out her attack, each slash blocked only centimeters away from Mara?s flesh. But Mara did not worry. She was confident in her skills, and confident that even if she fell her husband would not. She danced on the edge of life and death, feeling strangely free and tranquil. Whatever came, came.

The Empress tried throwing lightning at her, and Mara simply sidestepped. She was winning, she realized. When she and the Empress had first fought, the Empress had been the better. Now it was Mara who controlled the duel. Fear grew in the Empresses eyes as she realized that herself.

Then the waves of darkness began. It was like Mara was drowning in a sea of Darkness. The room was growing dimmer in a way that had nothing to do with physical light. Mara could still see clearly, but the very air around her felt wrong.

The Empress stalked forth again, an unholy darkness in her eyes. Now Mara was forced back, and when the lightsaber nearly grazed her skin it wasn?t because that was how the technique flowed; it was because she had nearly been killed. She wanted to look to Luke but didn?t dare. She heard a clash of lightsabers across the way, but couldn?t spare a moment to look.

She sensed sudden danger, as a pillar toppled. She dived out of the way, rolling to her feet with the lightsaber up in a guard position. The Empress was already there. Step by step, Mara was forced backwards. She felt a twinge of pain in her leg as the Empress made it through her defenses. She felt like she was drowning. The Empress laughed, the sound seeming to come from far away.

The Empress reached to the Force and slammed Mara back against a wall. ?All too easy,? she sneered. Mara rolled out of the way before the Empress could finish the job, but knew her moments were numbered.

A flash of light filled the corner of her eye. The building began to quiver as time seemed to slow down. Not quivering as in an earthquake; but like a plucked harp-string. It was at once soft and gentle and loud and glorious. It was a sound; it was beyond sound. It was life. It was Light. Mara heard the echoes of a child?s laughter, tears of joy, the music of the universe.

The Empress had frozen, and Mara spared Luke a quick glance. Even without looking, she knew what had happened. He had taken the final step, and was becoming an Avatar. Light poured through him, and he shone brighter than a thousand suns, more glorious than a sky of stars. He was become a living acknowledgement of life and light. The shadow and the light in the room balanced, and time resumed.

Mara charged forward. She wanted to dance, to si

9. JediVegeta

Dec 20, 2000
    O_O....wow. I had to read that post a couple of times just to make sure everything I read happened... That was the best Gandolf!

And the ending! I was not expecting THAT to happen. Ok...I am speechless... Geeze...amazing job!

10. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
  11. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    He didn?t quite understand Artoo Deetoo, but he understood that Artoo was far more than a simple astromech droid.

Great line in the middle of the battle :)

Awesome final chapter. I can't wait for the epilog to see what happens to everyone. There is a good bit to be tied up.

Perator

P.S. you really should consider professional writing... ;)

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Woohoo! Fantastic chapter!!!! Awe overwhelmed me as I read this chapter. The two Luke's reminded me so much of the Gods....hell they WERE Gods!

The greek god Chaos (DLuke) and I forgot the greek god of Light

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Wonderful Gandolf! :)

14. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  15. Justice_for_All

Justice_for_All Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    I caught with this story in the last week and all I can say about this post is Amazing.

16. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
  17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    uh...

i'm late to class b/c of this...

soo..

*speechless*

wow...

18. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
  19. Melne_Crtor

Melne_Crtor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2000
    Brilliant.

20. DemolitionBoy

DemolitionBoy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2001
    Extraordinary...fantastic. One word can't sum this up.

21. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
  22. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    The last post was high fantasy at its best. Bravo.

Dark Luke's love for Mara anchored him against the Dark Side and helped him step away from the abyss. It all makes wonderful sense.

As you've employed a cast of thousands, Gandolf, you've better tell us what happened to EVERYBODY! Yes, I'll camp out in front of your home if you leave out the fate of Leia, Han, Thrawn, Fel, Pellaeon, Karrde, Bria and her son, Jagged...you get my drift. :)

23. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    ok i have time now..

Gandalf, the wealth of information in this story,

inside and outside of the SW universe is extraordinary...

All that information on an Avatar, along with having your own orig. characters is a great accomplishment...

This last part, pulling Dark Luke aweay through his love, is amazing..because its true...if you have one person who truly loves you an you love back..you aren't all bad...

:)

Great GReat Post
    i think i'll check out your two short stories

24. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Do you honestly know how talented you are?

The battle was extrodinary, but my favorite part was that it hinged on something you'd been foreshadowing since post one--love, the silver thread. Emporer Luke's incredible love for his Emporess; a light amidst the darkness that kept the darkness from conquring completely.

Wow.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    As they say "love conquers all"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.