main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Mirror (AU, Luke, Mara, Jacen, Han, Leia, Jaina, Pellaeon, Thrawn, others, COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gandalf the Grey, Nov 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I keep meaning to write about Mara and Luke, but there's a few lose ends on the front that need to be tied up. This fic isn't going to be nearly as focused as Phoenix, and I'm already starting to juggle plotlines. Everyone's going to get screen time, sooner or later.

I promise, Dark Luke is getting the next post.

====================================================

Darkside: Belkadan

?Miss Quee?? a young officer asked. Danni set down the glass of kaki juice, and looked up at him. He was an ensign, and seemed slightly intimidated. She thought that totally out of place. She was the prisoner, not him. She wasn?t especially brilliant, or incredibly beautiful, and she certainly wasn?t a great warrior. And yet many of the junior officers seemed almost afraid of her.

?Yes,? she said calmly, meeting his eyes. He flushed slightly, and snapped to full attention.

?A new prisoner has arrived. I have been instructed to notify you, and to inform you to make sure he is familiarized with the routine here.? Danni was the prisoners representative to the Imperials. It was an honor she wasn?t entirely comfortable with, speaking for the people not only of ExGal, but other small colonies who had been captured.

?Only one?? she asked, curious. The population of the prison had grown by hundreds with each colonies fall. Did the Imperials hit harder than they meant to?

?He was part of a fighter squadron doing what seems to be a routine patrol through the system. His ship was disabled, so he was captured. He has a higher than normal resistance to interrogation-? Danni went cold at the offhand way that was said ?-but we don?t think he?s anyone terribly important. A hanger on, in a squadron led by a Jedi.?

?What?s his name?? Danni asked as she shoved away her tray of food and stood. There was only one, so she could deal with him herself. And this one must have some combat experience. If and when she was finally able to escape, he might be able to help. But this might be her only chance to speak with him alone.

?According to the records on the remains of their ships computers, Dlonra Rimwarden. Colonel Jagged Fel disabled his E-Wing. It was purely by chance that is was his ion cannons that scored the final shot, rather than lasers. They didn?t intend to take anyone alive.? Danni nodded slowly. He would probably be in bad shape, having lost all his squadron while he yet lived.

The ensign indicated for her to follow him, and she did. A pair of Stormtroopers walked a distance behind them, keeping guard. They were mostly unconcerned with the possibility of the prisoners becoming violent, but didn?t take stupid chances either.

They were trying to make them feel comfortable, to get them to accept the Empire. And Danni knew that the captivity was wearing hard on some people. There were many who she thought would soon go over, to get out of here. To them, one uncaring government was no different than another.

They had made Danni their leader though, and the Imperials accepted their choice. Danni had ended up working closest with the Imperials, which wasn?t so bad. She saw more of the complex than she would otherwise, knew where all the landing pads were, which direction the nearest other complex?s were.

They took a turbolift to the landing pad, and the shuttle was just setting down as they arrived. The ramp slowly lowered, and the Stormtroopers, in their shifting camouflage armor that blended into the background, led down a young man to Danni.

Danni was surprised at just how young he was. He didn?t look any older than twenty. And there was something about him, just like there face something about ?Sharpe? which was familiar. She just couldn?t place it. She bit her lip, and glanced up at the tortured sky, as if it could answer.

The man, Dlonra the ensign had said, looked at her, and then he blinked, as if he had recognized her. She wondered from where they might know each other. She was certain she had never met him. He wasn?t particularly striking, though he was boyishly handsome in his own way, and didn?t sho

2. Keila_

Keila_ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 1, 2000
    Good post... I can just imagine how Jacen felt when he realized his father was a Grand Admiral, and his aunt and uncle Emperor and Empress! ;)
    Just one thing, haven't Jacen and Danni already met, or is this set before the Vong invasion... or don't they invade at all... I'm getting a little confused here, better go back and read the old posts.

3. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Well, so much for my speculation on why Jacen was spared. Guess I'll keep quiet for a while.

Nice post. I'm definitely looking forward to the family introductions!

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    So Jacen's plotting away huh?

Attaboy.

5. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    I agree, Jacen's not afraid to get his hands dirty when necessary in *this* galaxy.

More Dark Luke! =)

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Nice, as usual, Gandolf.

Keila, I think I can answer you questions. This takes place during what should be year one of the New Jedi Order. Probably after Vector Prime. The galaxy that the Empire is invading is just like the normal galaxy except the Vong havn't attacked at this time. This is sort of like an alternate NJO with a very strong Empire attacking instead of a strange alien race.

Hope that helps!

7. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    good job gandolf.

8. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I knew it was Jacen Solo! *punchs air* Okay, so now Danni's Jedi Material. Now she's worthy of the Star Wars galaxy. :)

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    UP sez I!!!!

10. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Pleeeeeaaaase post soon, Gandolf!

UP!

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yes, I won't be back here until Sunday I would like to leave with a new post! ;D

12. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Here's a short post. I was going to have more, then decided it can wait for a later scene, where it will make more appropriate.

I think I might make another post in the very near future as well.

=============================================

Emperor Luke Skywalker I frowned in his meditations as his flagship approached the portal. For a moment, he thought he had sensed the Force being used somewhere in the system. It was almost nothing, a mere wisp of power. The only reason he had sensed it was because he was so deep into his meditations.

He felt no fear, but a certain uneasiness. It was the smallest of flows, possibly something anyone who had the smallest natural ability could do, like a surge of awareness, warning them of some danger. That was probably what it was. Or it might have been entirely natural. A woman giving birth somewhere nearby, or someone dying, a couple making love. It could be any of those things.

There was a soft chime, and with a gesture, the Emperor brought the lights up, putting the room at half illumination. He stood, and with another gesture he opened the door. Grand Admiral Zsinj stood there, and waited the slightest fraction of a second before saluting. Skywalker smiled slightly, his face hidden by shadows.

?My Lord, we about to enter the Portal? said Zsinj, his mustaches quivering as he spoke. The Emperor knew that of course. The portal emitted energy easily detectible through the Force. It was like light was slowly flowing from the other galaxy into their own. The Emperor was slightly worried at that obvious analogy, but soon realized the reverse would be true on the other side. Here the portal would seem bright, there it would be dark as his own galaxy seeped out.

?I shall come to the bridge presently, Admiral? said the Emperor. Zsinj understood, and left. The Emperor looked out again towards the portal, seeing it with his eyes instead of the Force. It reflected back a shimmering image of his flagship, the Eclipse, as it approached.

Luke thought it beautiful, and wished Mara was here with him. But she hadn?t been feeling well, and had stayed behind on Imperial Center. They had clones grown, so that if they died they could move straight on to their next body, continue as if nothing had happened. But it would be difficult, if not impossible to reach the clones from across the galaxy, and certainly impossible to reach them from across the portal.

Their shunning of the Light side meant that they couldn?t use the Force to heal themselves, had to rely on others. Imperial doctors had kept them in excellent health though, and they hadn?t yet had to make use of their clones.

The Emperor turned the lights down again for a moment, and stretched out through the Force, to touch the mind of the one person he loved. They held each other through the Force for a long moment, and then let go. It was hard, but they both had work to do.

13. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Whee, thanks man!

14. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    awwwwwwwwww Gandolf i love luke and mara scenes...any romantic type scene! and that was so sweet, them holding each other through the force (im sure your just estatic to hear how cute the scene was ;)). it was very well written, more soon pleasE?

15. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    nice post, Gandolf. So, if Luke dies, no clone? and he could feel Jacen. uh oh.

16. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Clones, oh no! =) So does this mean that even if Emperor Luke gets killed, he can still come back later on. That could be cool; just when the good guys think that they're in the clear, Oh NO! They're back again. This is gonna RULE! Great post Gandolf.

17. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I said I might post again soon, and here it is. I'm sort of celebrating... as of this time last week I had two philosophy papers, two earth sciences papers, a math assignment, and a computer science assignment to do, as well as going to work every night. I just finished the last paper an hour ago, so I can finally get back to writing fanfiction.

Cliffhangers coming up...

=================================================

Chapter VI

Captain Garik ?Face? Loran hated Coruscant civilian cloths. He wasn?t sure why, and he wondered about it. He liked Corellian clothes, loved Alderaanian clothes, he could even stand the uniform-like garments of the Chiss. But he found Coruscant civilian cloths both uncomfortable and strangely boring in cut, colors, and style.

So he wasn?t particularly happy wearing them, and seeing them all around him. Boring shades of brown and grey, cut conservatively. It was monotonous, and he felt a sudden surge of enlightenment as he looked around.

They made it difficult to distinguish between people.

He was an intelligence officer, and a good one. One of his best qualities was how he could pick virtually anyone out of a crowd. He knew when he was being trailed, able to recognize people as suspicious after only a few seconds. And he could follow someone else most effectively. But these clothes made him work at it. The homogenization was what annoyed him, forcing him to use his full skills.

The reason for this line of thought, a man of medium height and build, stood casually in front of a large exhibit in the Coruscant Museum of the History of the Galactic Civil War. The display showed holographic fleets of ship clashing, two super star destroyers being attacked by a group of Mon Cals. The recorded narration called it the battle for the Razor?s Kiss, said it was a turning point in the battle against Warlord Zsinj.

The man didn?t seem particularly strange. He was in the blasted Coruscant civilian clothes, with his back to Face. By his posture and stance, which Face was a master of reading, he had lived on Coruscant for quite some time, and had nearly lost all semblances of the posture and stance of his native world. He had that slightly hunched over, slightly birdlike quality to his movements Face had learned were peculiar to native throneworlders.

Face was standing in the shadows cast by a large model of the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimaera, shown in battle against four rebel frigates. The hallway was fairly full, as benefiting the middle of the day in prime tourist season. Even as Face watched, a beautiful Twi?lek woman walked into the room, obviously looking for someone.

He knew there was something odd about the man, and had watched him quietly for the last couple minutes. The man seemed to be waiting for someone or something. Face hoped he could get a clear view of the mans face before he left, but the man hadn?t yet turned away from the exhibit.

?Face!? a woman shouted, and Loran turned automatically, startled. Lithe arms slid familiarly around him, and lips rushed his unscarred cheek. He looked mechanically at the Twi?lek woman who was holding him, her eyes twinkling.

Her face darkened for a moment and she reached a hand up to his scar. ?Why?? she asked curiously. ?It?s not like you need the practice with makeup.? Loran grabbed her wrist, and pulled her hand away from his face, surely hurting her arm. Her eyes went bright with a sudden burst of anger.

?Dia?!? shouted a familiar voice. It was one Face had heard before, and hearing now, he felt his stomach sink. He had listened to recordings made on some of his missions, and recognized the sound of his own voice.

He looked up, and realized why the man had seemed so familiar. For a long moment, Garik ?Face? Loran and Garik ?Face? Loran could only stare at each other. Dia, obviously the woman?s name, snatched her wrist free, and looked back and forth in confusion.

?You don?t have a scar? Face blurted, stunned. He was aware of the possibility he might meet his double, but Coruscant was a planet of over a hu

18. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    I love you, Gandolf, I really do!!!!!!! oh, that was so precious with Face!!!!!

19. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i can't wait i can't wait!!!

20. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Awesome! Whoops, so much for the element of surprise. The cat's out of the bag, now. I wonder if the senate is going to debate this, like they did in Dark Tide? Wouldn't put it past them. =)

Great going, Gandolf. I hear you on those midterm papers. College really knows how to make the pre-holiday season miserable.

Can't wait for more.

21. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh, the good stuff is starting now. I'm glad you've brought GFFA Face & the Wraiths in.

Interesting bit about other galaxy (OG?) L&M not being able to use the Force to heal themselves. Could pose a problem for them in battle.

22. JediSkyJ9

JediSkyJ9 Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Intriguing plot, great character development, action, dialog, mystery.... you got it all. I love the good/evil L/M scenes. Post more soon!

23. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    The chase is on...

=================================================

Face looked at Dia, stunned. ?What the Sith?? he asked. He looked at the retreating figure, and Dia raised her hands, indicating that she had no more idea than he did.

The escaping figure had just reached the door, and Face realized he couldn?t let the man get away, not without an explanation. He started running, knocking people in the way to the ground. A security guard yelled at him, and then cut off in mid shout. Dia, was most likely responsible for that. He grinned tightly as he ran, wishing he had kept in better shape since getting stuck with a desk job.

His? doppelganger? Clone? Long lost twin? ran ahead, towards a Caamassi made stained glass window. Hauling off his backpack, he threw it at the window, shattering it, and stepping out onto one of the broad ledges surrounding the museum. Face shouldered aside a woman in his way, who was staring in shock, and ran out after him, nearly slipping over the edge when his foot landed on a piece of glass.

His double ran to the edge, and leaped down onto a slow moving shuttle passing directly underneath. Face reached the point next to the lane a moment later, and took a deep breath before letting himself fall onto the next to pass. He lay landed heavily, and lay flat for a moment, drawing a shuddering breath as he rose to crouch. This was the height of stupidity.

~Never stopped me before~ he reminded himself. Of course, it had been a long time since he?d done this sort of thing personally.

The other Face looked back, and cursed loudly enough for him to be heard a hundred meters away. He glanced up, at a billboard advertising the newest Jenos Idanian holo, Jenos Idanian and the Last Temple of the Ark.

?This is not my day? muttered Face as he realized what he?d do under the same circumstances his double was in. Sure enough, the man jumped up, and caught the bottom of the billboard, hauling himself onto the walkway used by those who change the boards.

When his shuttle passed underneath, Face followed suit, almost not making it, and feeling a moment of desperate panic as he wondered if his fingers would hold as he dangled kilometers above the shadowed floor of the artificial canyon below him.

He pulled himself up, and started running again. He would catch that man, and make him explain why he seemed to be trying to kill them ~both.~

------------------------------------------------

?Now I remember why I don?t ever let you fly? said Mara, and Luke grinned boyishly as he swooped under yet another slower moving craft. He had broken virtually every traffic regulation there was in the past twenty minutes, flying in the wrong lanes, where he wasn?t supposed to be, and all at pod racing speeds.

?You know your just the same? he said honestly as he rounded another curve, leaning into the G-Forces. It had been too long since the last time he had flown his X-Wing, he was realizing.

?The difference when I fly is that I?m under control. Not that I don?t trust you Luke, but you have a tendency to smoosh any ship you fly.?

?It?s a Jedi thing? he said simply. ?Jedi smoosh ships well. It?s our true calling. You just can?t save the galaxy properly without smooshing a few ships.?

Mara snorted. Luke?s sense of humor had changed over the course of their marriage, becoming very whimsical, very different from her own biting sarcasm. It was odd how comforting she had come to find it.

They had come to Coruscant after his vision of the future, hoping that one of the Jedi based there might have had a similar vision. None had, but they decided to stay for the upcoming Endor Day celebrations.

?Any word from the ?prentices?? Mara asked, more seriously. Jacen?s sense through the Force was weird lately, and Jaina and Anakin seemed worried.

?No. Jacen?s sense is still weird, but I?m pretty sure he?s still alive. The Force only knows, I?ve sensed enough people dying over the last twenty years, and he doesn?t feel dead. Besides, Anakin and Jaina would definitely have called home if som

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Awseome, I loved the Jenos Idanian/Indiana Jones thing.

Hmmm, since Han Solo is Jenos Idanian, and Harrison Ford is Han Solo, and Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford, then would Indiana Jones look like Jenos Idanian? Nevermind, now my head starting to hurt. =)

Great post, I'm loving the chase scene! Keep it coming!

25. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Good post with lots of laughs. Jenos Idanian and the Last Temple of the Ark :) I like Luke's sense humor too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.