main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Dark Nest Spoilers] The new Sith Apprentice isn't Jacen Solo...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    ... it's Tarfang.

;)

No - seriously!

Here's how...

[SWARM WAR SPOILERS: Highlight to Read!!]

We see in The Swarm War that Jacen can create illusions so convincing that they seem to be real even to the Jedi Grand Master. This is even compared directly with what Lomi Plo does...

But that got me thinking.... we never see Lomi's POV. Most of the time, she appears to be invisible; there seems to be nothing there. Couldn't it equally be that

Luke even has a niggle of this at the end of The Unseen Queen, expecting her to vanish when he kills her (remember, the "interpretation" of the scene is all tight third-person limited; what Luke sees and thinks, rather than truth - insights can express themselves as stuff that quirks against the flow of thought, as here)...

Of course, in support of this, we should note that Luke sees Mara surge forward to shoot Lomi during the battle at Qoribu in The Swarm War... but Mara herself seems surprised when he reacts to this: as though she didn't do it at all...

o_O [face_thinking]

On the other hand, in The Unseen Queen, Jae Juun seems to have no trouble seeing Lomi when the others can't.

Now if Lomi isn't really there, that would imply that Jae Juun is himself part of the illusion, his role being to manipulate Han, the Jedi, and the Alliance... in this instance, to confirm the reality of the illusory Lomi Plo...

And if Jae is also part of the illusion, then surely, the person most likely to be sustaining the illusion...

... is Tarfang.

Ni! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

PS - And on a totally different note, why did it take me until now to twig that the insinuation in [i]Destiny's Way[/i] that Luke likes Mara to tie him to the bed is subtle character-tweaking to set up how Vergere is able to dominate him so completely in their one-on-ones...? :-/ :D

2. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Darth Endor perhaps?

3. BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN

BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, all of Luke's great epiphanies DO seem to come out of some sort of pain...

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Mara tying Luke to the bed? Which edition of Destiny's Way did you read? :eek:

5. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Yeah, I'm a bit curious about that too.

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Not quite how I remembered, perhaps... but intresting for Marakin subtext when set against some other passages...

Anyway... Darth Tarfang... Darth Endor?

This is supposed to be a thread about Ewoks...

- The Imperial Ewok

7. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    So McEwok would Simon the killer Ewok from Galactic Battlegrounds be Tarfang's pupil or maybe Tarfang himself?

8. Njolgati

Njolgati Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    Yub yub.

9. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    It's a bit more complicated. Some of the Wookies surviving ROTS became Sith apprentices (remember Palps nullified the rule of two in ROTS?) and settled on Endor. They created the illusion to be a lot smaller -> Ewoks. They were supposed to be Palps new elite, that's why the Death Star circled around Endor. When Chewbacca and friends arrived with C3-Po they mistook the latter for one of the clone troopers that had defeated them on Kashyyyk in the first place and switched sides to follow his orders - or do you really believe the Ewoks could have beaten the Stormtrooper division. Being Wookies appearing to be Ewoks that is not unlikely.

The destruction of the Death Star caused the Endor debris disaster that killed most of the Sith Wookies (aka Ewoks). Some got away,

and one turned blue. :p

10. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    [face_laugh]

It works!!

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>PS - And on a totally different note, why did it take me until now to twig that the insinuation in Destiny's Way that Luke likes Mara to tie him to the bed is subtle character-tweaking to set up how Vergere is able to dominate him so completely in their one-on-ones...? <<<

This is remarkably similar to the current discussion in the sex thread...

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    "And since Ben had been sent for his own safety to the Maw "

Somehow a cluster of blackholes does not seem to be a safe place to keep something

13. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Relative safety, haha

14. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Ah, I saw this coming...

I already predicted an epic battle between Jacen and Tarfang in this thread here during Legacy.

Think of all the evidence in favour of the Tarfang/Sith theory:

1. Tarfang is not 'a nice being'. Sith aren't nice either. :p
    2. At one point, Tarfang picks up a lightsaber and starts swinging it around...perhaps he is Sith-trained?

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  16. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    I can see it now.
    Darth Luminya: My apprentice we have a new enemy Jacen Solo, You must kill him.

Darth Tarfang: Yub Yub my master.

With Alston writing Tarfang who as of Swarm War was already a GFFA Intelligence agent will Join the Wraiths. Wedge's will then have a heart attack when he finds out that Face actually is running around with an Ewok pilot(wedge had to pretend to be an Ewok to infiltrate Zsinj forces in the X wing books, an idea created by the one the only the King of Comedy Wes Janson0.

17. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    See, the fact that being an Ewok pilot was such a joke back during the Wraith squadron days is what made me dislike Tarfang in the first place! So, now they're intelligent enough to be not only pilots but SPIES?! Absurd... Doesn't mean I don't like Darn Nest, but Tarfang I can do without... And Juun is just another Solo fanboy- get them out of the spotlight and bring back the Wraiths! [face_peace]

18. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003

Could Tarfang be the Ewok that was rescued by Lara from Zsinj? Or to further Thrawn's theories, Tarfang could be the ewok from that tales story..

19. ConservativeSoldier

ConservativeSoldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    The Ewoks have never been stupid or unintelligent. They've always been primitive. I'm rather grateful that authors are slowly showing that some Ewoks are coming into their own with the galaxy some 25+ years after the Battle of Endor.

It seems like a rather logical step to me.

20. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    The ewok Lara rescued was called Kolot but there may have been other facilities tampering with sentient species for Zsinj... [face_thinking] Was it ever explained why Zsinj was experimenting with all those hapless species in the first place? :confused:

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Why experiment? Basically to see if non-humans can be made to go against their core culture/instincts/conditioning, eg technological Ewoks, raging Talz, sentient Dianogas... as a step in altering non-human brains to allow for mind-washing and agents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.