main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Dark Paths (Jacen, Tahiri, Anakin, Jaina, Jag - 5 years after "The Unifying Force"!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Post 18

"They're on Tatooine," she conceded, speaking aloud now. "We don't know exactly who they are - but we think there are seven or eight of them."

and who are they? I suspect Ben and Mara and some fellows? Eventually Cilghal? But she on Tatooine sounds just crazy though

And to kill him if it comes to that, Cal Omas' words echoed in her memory.

and how exactly should she be able to kill a Jedi Master??

"They say they're looking for the son of Skywalker," she shrugged. She had a sudden sense that she could trust this man, a sudden surge of confidence. "According to Intelligence, that's some sort of title for Luke Skywalker." She frowned. "But Skywalker is dead." She looked at him. "Isn't he?"

is it a secret that Luke has a kid? Skywalker isn?t necessary meaning Anakin/Darth Vader Skywalker, is it? Intelligence screwed up immensely I would say.

[/i]"Yes," Jacen Solo nodded, smiling reassuringly. The rest was left unsaid in their eyes ? [/i]After all, the man who killed him ought to know.

ach du schande!! Er hat seinen eigenen Onkel getötet??
    I know that he is evil at heart and that is moral is just twisted and all ... you show it perfectly with him creating his own brother?s clone to kill all the other Jedi.
    I suspect in the end it was Anakin who had to kill Luke and Jacen watched from the shadows? So there is no blood on his hands and he can pretend to be all innocent.
    How is he able to hide the truth from Tahiri. Or is it for her also just normal that he had killed ?em all?

Ben Skywalker, Tahiri, he thought. Ask him about Ben....

He isn?t as ignorant as the intelligence seem to be

Post 19

"The way you lit up when you mentioned the name," he shrugged. "You'd say it was the Force, I guess. On Tern, we just call it instinct."

:p

"Ah," he said , half-turning and looking at his own cockpit, glancing from her to the fighter and back again. "Isn't it a bit small?"

afraid that it might be too small? :p

Just doing my job, she shrugged. I'm not going to forget that I'm your whore in a hurry, Jacen.

that somehow comes out of nowhere
    till now she was more his wife o_O

She smiled back, and watched him pick up his sword from where it had been propped against the wing, slinging the belt over one shoulder and clambering half-way up the auto-stow boarding ladder. The way he moved, agile and awkward all at once, reminded her of a clumsy Wookie - or perhaps an over-sized Ewok.

*burst out laughing*
    more the over-sized Ewok I think, huh?

"I'm much cozier than that horrible sword of yours," she noted, curling her spine slightly, shifting to get comfortable, and smiling up at him.

she is such a tease :p

"New Alderaan isn't a hostile environment," she pointed out, lips pursed.

for her perhaps

And can you kill him? Jacen asked. If it comes to that?

for him everybody has to be killed [face_frustrated]

"What your husband's making you do," he answered, his voice calm and level.

hehe ... he knows :D

Post 20

II
    Twin Suns

CHAPTER 4

Red wearning lights flashed all across his cockpit, identifying multiple threats, but as the Clawcraft slowed to manoeuvring speed, his eyes were already fixed on the Imperial Star Destroyer high in orbit.

Anakin?s ship?

He looked at the ship, frowning. It didn't look like a New Republic ship.

does the New Republic still even exist as he remember it?

"It's okay," she said. "I'll handle this."

hehe :D [face_mischief]

*lol* looking forward to the meeting ... might get interesting when he learns Jaina isn?t Jaina

Post 21

The ramp dropped below him, and, with an odd sense of relief, he ducked out into the open air.

room fever after such long time on a planet without really closed rooms?

"Jacen," General Kenth Hamner smiled, a sort of relief shining through the wariness in his eyes. He looked just like he always had - tall a

2. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Just telling you I'm up to Post 6 and this is the strangest fic I've ever read. I hope you kept this up the whole way through. :)

-RC

3. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Post 23

Kyp smiled, and answered by igniting his own weapon, pacing slowly to the right - circling her like a hungry cat. In response, she started to move towards his left, orbiting his own centre of gravity.

WHT is going on here? Jaina and Kyp are going to fight??

Jana crumpled to her knees, clutching her arm high above the wrist, staring at the cauterized stump framed by the charred khaki cuff of her tunic, the empty space where her hand had been.

:eek: *rereads* :eek:

"I don't know what gets me more - the fact that Little Brother doesn't have the guts do his own dirty work... or the fact that you seem more than happy to do it for him."

o_O he works for Anakin?

Anakin had turned the awesome power of Centerpoint's gravitic repulsors against the twin suns of the Adegan system.

why? ?

And she fled - past Kyp, towards the X-wing. He didn't make a move to stop her. In the Force, she sensed his assent. He didn't make a move to follow.

why isn?t he following, does he want to dy?

She saw the other Jedi on Ossus, some staring into the purple-hazed sky in shock or puzzlement, others scrambling towards snubfighters and Skeotans.

that?s why she was thinking she is the last of the Jedi in the very first post ?

very emotional, Wollknäuel *sniffs*
    you kill Kyp!! :eek:

Post 24

Now, she was dead.

the Solos started a mass killing huh?

"This is a message for the Alliance," he said, over a background noice of rustling and snuffling which sounded like an animal. "We are the Knights of the New Jedi Order. Do not stand in our way. The son of Skywalker must become a Jedi. And now, if you'll excuse me... I have some questions to ask - and one of your slaves to set free...."

a kid? They must be trained well then [face_thinking]

Jacen blinked. He didn't recognize her. He certainly couldn't think why he'd ask to see a noncom he'd never met before. Then he shook his head, smiling slightly as he recognized something oddly familiar about her - an echo of someone else in the way she was standing.

Tenel .. [face_thinking]

Tenel Ka Chume - sovereign queen of sixty-three worlds, Fleet Admiral in the Alliance military, and a Jedi Knight. One of the handful of Jedi Knights who had gone mad and joined his brother's clone in his revolt against the Force itself.

he so sure that he isn?t gone mad? All a matter of POV huh?

He remembered wondering where the animal snarl on his own face had come from as he sent another bolt of Light Side energy tearing into her.

mhhh... there is no such thing as light side energy bolts ..

Instead, he just had to be content with Tahiri's love, and the help and guidance he could give to other people - and the grim knowledge that he was doing the right thing, however hard it sometimes seemed.

*stops, thinks, grins and hurries off to read Jag stuff* :p

Post 25

Nothing made sense.

=D= perfectly fitting =D= :cool:

Perhaps it was just Jaya.

curious to find out the differences between Jaya and Jaina

Calling to him.

Jaina? Since she is the core of the ship it would make sense

but others, including most of the worst injuries, were new to him. Her right arm ended in a mess below the elbow, far less clean than the wound he thought a lightsaber would have left.

with forcelightening to close it it might [face_thinking]

"Whatever happened to 'There is no Dark Side', Jaya?" he asked, almost ignoring her. Not wanting to hear. "I though that was the one think Anakin and Jacen agreed on...."

they agreed on something? :eek: :p

"Still," she nodded. "You know she's with Jacen now? Anakin... he says he dreams about her. Says the Force is trying to tell him something. Which is ironic, considering...."

considering what? It?s too early to think ? *shrugs*

"You aren't real," he snarled, his fingers fumbling with the flap of his holster.

who is she?

The only warmth and life left in t

4. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Post 30
    CHAPTER 7

"Yes, Commander," he nodded, surprised by how easy the words came, how natural they sounded. "Thank you."

[face_thinking] And the wood surprise me too ...

The clothes Vueah had selected for him were, he supposed, somewhat more accomodating to his 'infidel' tastes than his host's traditional garb - a loosely belted black tunic and a matching kilt, made from what seemed to be fine linen or raw silk. They fitted him well, and he'd already stopped worrying about how different wearing a sarong felt compared to the boots and trousers he was used to.

you have to know [face_batting] :D

It wasn't hard to keep his presence in the Force muted, though - and he barely noticed the occasional glances cast in his direction by some of the girls in the crowd. One or two of the Alliance troopers policing the event had asked for his identification, but a Solo smile, or an old-fashioned mind-trick, had been enough to head off any trouble.

so the Alliance troops are as weak ? minded as the Imperial huh? :p

"My Mommy told me never to tell my name to strangers," he answered, with a familiar frown that made Anakin laugh aloud. "Do I know you?"

"If you can't tell me your name, then I can't tell you," he grinned. "Let me guess - is your name Ben? Ben Skywalker?"

*lol*

"I'll only tell you if my Mommy says it's okay. You've not told me your name either?"

ohhh such a smart boy *still laughing*

"This is your Uncle Anakin," Mara whispered to her son, hugging him fiercely. "Now run along and go play with your Sky Battle soldiers - but keep it quiet. You'll wake your sister Siri if you make too much noise. Mommy and your Uncle are going to have a chat."

he has a sister? [face_thinking]
    And interesting come together at least to say

"Someone he knew," she confirmed. "Someone betrayed him, Anakin. Someone killed my husband - a Jedi Knight, using the so-called 'good side' of the Force. Cut him down, like an animal."

[face_thinking] Green blade? [face_thinking]
    he died as Kenobi did ...

"Maybe, Solo," she said, ruffling his hair and offering him an affectionate smile. "Or maybe you'll fix the Galaxy, so he doesn't have to. If our son didn't have his life defined for him by the threat of lunatics with lightsabers, I might be able to believe that the man I loved achieved something more than simply making me a very happy woman. Awfully inconsiderate, men, you know? Especially when they die."

SITH!
    Did you write ?our son??? :eek:

Post 31

CHAPTER 8

"He's still dead," he heard her say - and when she spoke, her voice was quiet, with a slight lift of her shoulders and a calm light in her eyes. "I don't think that's going to change."

didn?t she say before nobody knows about it? That he is on a secret mission?

Well, Solo, ara had remarked, looking out from the hatchway into the morning rain. The Galaxy turns itself upside down, the weather turns dirty, and you're back on bodyguard duty.

at least some things don?t change ;)

He could hide the stab of grief he felt, and Mara knew how to hide her own emotional pain far better than he did - even from her own puzzled three-year-old - but that was no help. It didn't really make it any easier for any of them.

wasn?t it four year old ... but I can mix up timelines [face_worried]

"I'd much rather you than Uncle Kyp," Ben reassured him. "He can be mean, some times."

UNCLE!?!

They had ridden out before noon, and climbed the fifty-foot cliff together, hauling themselves over the lip of the hangar to find themselves faced with a row of pre-war X-wings - fighters with bright yellow enamel finish on their hulls, and transponders which identified them as belonging to X-Ray Squadron of the Naboo Space Fighter Corps.

so they found Naboo after the war? [face_thinking]

"I didn't really do much," he shrugged.

no just saving mummy?s life :p

He blinked.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

?

Breathe out.

without breathing in again? :p [face_sil

5. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    He was quietly pleased that she had been able to cope so well without him.

she was able to live without him for quite a while ? he is NOT the centre of all and everything even when he wish he would be .. bleh! Silly boy :p :D O:)

She, at least, had not betrayed him.

not yet [face_mischief]

He remembered talking briefly to Nom Anor, a copy of Aunt Mara's autobiography among the books strewn on the floor of his shal. And then the winding caves, the rough, slippy stone floor underfoot.

Mara?s autobiography????? :eek:

With Nom Anor????

[face_laugh]

Then, finally, his gaze settled on the leather laces looped round her neck, the small silver ring hanging at her throat like a pendant. Surprised, he glanced to where her wedding band should have been, and saw only the pale mark of bare skin around her finger.

nice sign that it?s over, huh?

"Jacen," a familiar voice said, sorrowful and tired.

somehow I have known it all along :(

"I know," she smirked, looking sleepily at him. "I heard you the first time."

aww :D cute

"You're crazy, you know," she said. "And I'm crazy to be going along with this. My ship, four snubfighters and a certified schitzophrenic against a Galactic superpower. You do know what they do to Jedi?"

everyone is in his/hers own way :p

"I've started thinking like you," he sighed. "Blame Tahiri. I keep catching myself thinking in terms of Jedi and Alliances, when it's all just human beings - knights and castles, if anything."

But all of them already knew that this was going to be their final flight.

that somehow doesn?t sound good [face_worried]

The Millennium Falcon.

black? [face_thinking] Me like :D

"Oh," she said, pushing the flash-goggles back, and looking down at him. Grinning like a kid caught behind the scoot-sheds. "Hi, Jag. Hang on."

she should be in bed :p

Then she was twisting away, dancing across the deck to the boarding ramp. She turned and paused, looking back at him from beneath the overhang, an impish grin dimpling her cheeks.

going to bed? [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

"Well," she said, eventually. "I could use a co-pilot, lover...."

sneaky [face_laugh]

"An Alliance taskforce just dropped out of hyperspace at the edge of the system," Lynar Devis confirmed for them. "Four Ranger-class gunships, two REC heavy cruisers, three RevStars" Then, for a moment, his imperturbable expression was lifted by a twitch. "And the Guardian, Ma'am."

[face_worried]

"You liked me better as a Star Destroyer?" she asked. "Or you just liked the Star Destroyer better?"

ouch!

"It is my honour to be an ally of the Empire," the Yuuzhan Vong nodded. "Lord Vader's orders were to link up with you here, and to move to reinforce him."

interesting turn ? Anakin is going to meet Jacen huh?

"He said that he had a promise to keep," the Yuuzhan Vong answered, very quietly. "To an old friend."

Tahiri? o_O

His eyes went wide, blue lightning striking amid the grey overcast.

"Tahiri!"

:eek: [face_worried] NO!

Tahiri turned to watch, folding her forearms and leaning on the back of one of the empty chairs. She had seen this already, a colour image on the little dashboard display of Gry's fighter, with the storm of hyperspace raging beyond the cockpit canopy.

:( Jacen is going to kill Luke

"Most impressive," he nodded. "I taught you well." Then he paused, and a faint smile creased his face. "Or was this Vergere?"

hah!

"Maybe you'll get to Denon, and realise you really do love your husband."

She'd snorted at that - a sort of laugh.

she doesn?t :p

"I am the Master, now," he said.

:eek: the boy was too long in the sun!

Jacen leapt, a blurred streak of Force-assisted speed and strength. Tahiri heard the twin slash-snarl of two 'sabers igniting, followed by an anguished electronic howl from Artoo. From the flatscreen recording, she'd guessed that the blades went in

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Master_Keralys: I'm looking forward to both. :)

And I'm still embarrassingly delayed... [face_blush]

I owe you, Keralys. No question. [face_blush]

And I think most if not all aspiring authors can commiserate with those feelings; they are very human, through and through.

This, I suspect, is true...

I'd about bet Elena would... that or I'm a stuffed Ewok... ;) :p

Ten months out-of-context, that just read wrong... :p

Ah, well, then I was wrong. In any case I'd still be more than happy to help with all that jizz. :D And I'd be happy, as I've discussed before, to be part of that multi-participant discussion. :)

As for the length... fascinating. Seems about right to me; not quite a Star by Star in length, but darned close. :D

Longer than I'd planned, without question!! [face_laugh]

Good luck in the awards, McEwok, and thanks for the nod up there. :)

Good grief, this thread is showing its age - but thanks! :D

Maggy: I?m going to tackle the around 300 pages long ?fic ... again
    what irony, a year back (nearly on the day) I started to read it the first time
    I?m sure I?m able to finish it this time ;) [face_whistling]
    no promises though

Well, you've managed now! :D :cool:

=D= [face_dancing]

think when it all began with the war they fighted for their freedom but in the end more for their lives
    and when this shall be a flashback for the Jedi Purge then they really fighted for their lives and the survival of the Jedi ( :confused: )

o_O But when did it change... when, specifically did they go wrong?

o_O is she seeing his survival as a betrayal? His accepting his vision becoming his grandfather and the newest fear in the galaxy?

No, she's seeing him as having betrayed the Noghri - her POV, not his. ;)

Buit an interesting reading... :D

but at some point it is not and so starts rebellions [face_whistling]

Exactly! :D

does he already know what she will be doing? That she will become the heart of the ship? Someone could see that as a thing between living and dying ... neither that nor the other

The solution came out of the situation, bit I can't remember if it was in any way consciously planned this early - I don't think so, but I can't say for sure... [face_thinking]

despite what is already said ... didn?t he admit he is Anakin?
    8-}
    yeah, yeah .. the fic will be about it :p

It's a paradox?

*shrugs and winks and grins*

I guess so... ;)

Yes, you did!

o_O [face_idea] just had an extreme weird thought ...
    Jacen resembles Anakin!! :eek:

Well, they are brothers? o_O

Anakin was declared to a war hero
    I doubt that Jacen was such a celebrity after the war [face_thinking]

that?s just twisted!!
    What have you done to me???

Pardon?

does he know how it would feel not to be alive? o_O

Hah! No, he doesn't - though Anakin does! :D

But he may think he does, after Traitor... ;)

Still like the part where Gry is landing on New Alderaan.
    I?m looking forward to see how Gry connects with the Force since he has in a way a connection otherwise he wouldn?t be able to sense the life on the planet and Tahiri and Jacen.

I've rewritten that slightly for the final version. Gry's POV is very un-Jedi; you can read it just as a bright summer's day, and Jacen and Tahiri reaching out into the world as beacons, rather than any specific sensitivity or training in Gry...

Though you don't have to take it that way... :p

[face_thinking] Jacen learnt other ways of the Force? A very studious boy :p

Perhaps justa different Jedi technique?

she fears him? [face_thinking]
    she fears what he is or will become :confused:

What he can be?

that?s the planet hoojibs comes from :p [face_mischief] ;) :D

But no. Thinking what he was doing wasn't his strong point.

*lol* silly boy

"Are you okay?" he heard himself ask.

he is one to ask, still covered with this silly helmet of his, mudcovered from head

7. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I've just been skimming back through much of this, and I'm finding it interesting to note some of the parallels between what you established here and what is actually happening in real-time now in the ongoing profic. Of course, the plotting is different, but many of the characters' motivations are much the same, and many of the decisions made by those characters are eerily similar. Jacen in particular ended up embracing a view that is staggeringly close to the view he held to in this story. He may not have taken the mantle of Sith here, but then he didn't have to for it to be an apt appellation for him. Indeed, throughout it was clear that Sith was exactly what he was, regardless of how he viewed himself. With that as context, the current story is fascinating in its parallels, especially given that this was finished well before that series was being published - indeed, it finished even as work really began on Legacy of the Force. Very, very interesting.

- Keralys

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Keralys: I've just been skimming back through much of this, and I'm finding it interesting to note some of the parallels between what you established here and what is actually happening in real-time now in the ongoing profic. Of course, the plotting is different, but many of the characters' motivations are much the same, and many of the decisions made by those characters are eerily similar. Jacen in particular ended up embracing a view that is staggeringly close to the view he held to in this story. He may not have taken the mantle of Sith here, but then he didn't have to for it to be an apt appellation for him. Indeed, throughout it was clear that Sith was exactly what he was, regardless of how he viewed himself. With that as context, the current story is fascinating in its parallels, especially given that this was finished well before that series was being published - indeed, it finished even as work really began on Legacy of the Force. Very, very interesting.

Thanks. :cool:

Actually, I'd argue that Jacen wasn't so much "Sith" as a Jedi taken to the extreme, like Jorus C'baoth - the pure concept that actually underlies a lot of what defines "Sith". Perhaps there's a contrast with Anakin's half-hearted use of the "Dark Lord of the Sith" title, along with the Vader armour - which was probably meant to scare people (at least, Mara wanted him to exploit the psychological effect), but which I don't think actually worked, due to Anakin's underlying capacity for love...

:p [face_thinking]

More importantly, I owe you a feedback on some writing of your own... [face_blush]

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.