main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~Dark Reign: The New Apprentice~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by darth_nemisis, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Welcome to Dark Reign: The New Apprentice. This is an Alternate Universe (AU) RPG led by myself, darth_nemisis and Darth-Vassago.

The following is taken from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi..however, it has been slightly altered:

In the dimly lit throne room of the Emperor on the Death Star II, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, stalks the shadows slowly with his crimson red lightsaber humming ominously at his side. He seeks his son, Luke Skywalker, who is wisely hiding himself from the powerful Sith Lord so that he may collect his thoughts.

?...You cannot hide forever Luke.? Vader's menacing, heavy mechanical voice says as he speaks through his vocabulator. His voice, alongside the ominous breathing echoes throughout the throne room as he continue to seek his powerful, young son.

?I will not fight you.? Luke states, seemingly replying to his father. His heart beats out of his chest, though he tries to contain it.

Vader pauses for a moment, turning to the direction of his son's voice; he knows that Luke is in the throne room, but the young man is masking his presence overly well. Vader knows if he keeps his son talking, he will be able to find him all the easier. ?Give yourself to the Dark Side..." Vader says, pausing for a moment while still looking through the underbelly of the throne room. "It is the only way you can save your friends,? he finishes, his mechanical breathing becoming more ominous by the second. He waits for a moment, allowing the mind games to take effect in Luke.

Young Skywalker battles his emotions, trying to bury them deep so they cannot be used against him. His eyes squint and he grits his teeth in frustration, still trying to conceal his feeling. But his efforts are in vain...

?Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for...sister," Lord Vader says with a slightly maniacal tone to his voice. He can feel his son's presence now, and steps ever closer to the young Jedi Knight. He continues speaking as he does so. "So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-wan was wise to hide her from me...now his failure is complete." He says, finishing his thought for the moment, yet continuing with the mind games.

Luke cannot believe it...how could he know? It's true...what his father is saying is true; his feelings have betrayed her. The young Jedi Knight struggles with himself, his emotions ripping and tearing at his insides; he has no idea what to do...

"If you will not turn to the Dark Side," Lord Vader says, still attempting to get Luke to give himself away. "Then perhaps she will...? he states finally, knowing that it without a doubt his son's weakness.

As soon as the mechanical voice of his father reaches his ears Luke reacts without thinking. His emotions take control of him and he raises the hilt of his saber into the air and ignites it, the emerald green blade lancing out in a flash with the familiar snap-hiss not far behind. "Never!" Luke calls out in a savage tone, his eyes blazing with anger, and mixed emotions. He stabs his lightsaber high-forward, aiming straight for his father's head.

Lord Vader's head snaps towards the sound of Luke's cry in just enough time to see his son's blazing green blade leap at him. He manages to block Luke's first attack, keeping himself safe, but once Lord Vader attempts an attack of his own, he finds his blade locked with Luke's; he cannot make an attack. Rather than breaking away, he moves with Luke's saber until he can pull back. Once he does, he can only back peddle as Luke slashes furiously at anything within range of his blade.

Sparks shower down from all directions and thick clouds of smoke form in the area beneath the where the Emperor surely sits. Luke continues to swing wildly until he feels his blade meet that of his father's once more. He quickly runs around Vader and attempts another strike, but the crimson blade of the D

2. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    I'm calling Boba Fett right now!

PMing sheets ASAP.

3. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey nemisis as this AU i am wondering is piett still alive? if he is still alive can I be him?

4. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, he can still be alive. You may be him if you wish.

~Vassago

5. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Can I call Han Solo, the man, the myth, the legend?

6. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Character Sheet

Basic Information
    Name: Boba Fett
    Alias: N/A
    Species: Human
    Home world: Kamino
    Force Sensitive: No

Appearance-
    Height: 1.83 meters
    Weight: ??
    Build: Muscular, athletic
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Brown?
    Skin: Tanned, white
    Markings: N/A

Clothing: Mandalorian Armor

Weapon(s): EE-3 Blaster Rifle, Mandalorian Battle Armor.

Personal Ship: Slave 1

Lightsaber Description: N/A
    Hilt:
    Blade Color:
    Lightsaber Fighting Form:

Biography: A faceless enforcer, Boba Fett's distinctive armor strikes fear in the hearts of fugitives. He is a legendary bounty hunter, accepting warrants from both the Empire and the criminal underworld. He is all business, laconic, and deadly.
    Fett has carefully guarded his past, cultivating a curtain of mystery around his origins. He is in truth a clone, an exact genetic replica of his highly skilled "father," Jango Fett. From Jango, Boba learned valuable survival and martial skills, and even as a child he was proficient with a blaster or laser cannon.

Fett was raised in isolation in the hermetic cities of Kamino, where he was protected not only from the ceaseless storms, but also the harsher elements of his father's career. Young Boba's life changed when a tenacious Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi, came looking for his father. Sent to apprehend the bounty hunter for the attempted assassination of a Naboo Senator, Kenobi brawled with Jango as the Fetts sought to escape from Kamino. Young Boba helped his father by pinning the Jedi down with explosive laser fire from the Fett starship, Slave I.

Fleeing from Kamino, the Fetts journeyed to Geonosis, where Jango's benefactor resided. Boba watched as his father's enemies were sentenced to death, but Jedi prove very hard to kill. A huge battle erupted as Jedi reinforcements stormed Geonosis to free their fellow Jedi. Jango entered the fray, only to be killed by Jedi Master Mace Windu. Boba was shocked to witness his father's swift death, and he quietly cradled Jango's empty helmet as Geonosis erupted into all-out war.

During the time of the Empire, Boba Fett emerged as the preeminent bounty hunter of the galaxy. Boba Fett's armor, like his father's, is a battered weapon-covered spacesuit equipped with a rocketpack. His gauntlets contain a flamethrower, and a whipcord lanyard launcher. His kneepads conceal rocket dart launchers. Several ominous braids hang from his shoulder -- trophies from fallen prey -- that underscore this hunter's lethality.

Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader desperately wanted to capture the fugitive Rebel craft, the Millennium Falcon. To that end, he hired a motley assortment of bounty hunters, including the legendary Fett. Vader specifically pointed out to Fett that the Falcon's passengers were to be taken alive. "No disintegrations," rumbled the Dark Lord, obviously familiar with Fett's reputation.

It was Fett who successfully tracked the Falcon from Hoth to Bespin. Arriving at the gas giant before the Falcon, Fett and Vader sprung a trap on the ship's hapless crew. Fett, a shrewd negotiator, received his bounty for capturing the crew, but also was given custody of Han Solo. The bounty hunter was set to collect the reward on Solo's head placed there by the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt.

Whisking the carbonite-frozen form of Han Solo away from Bespin, Fett eventually arrived on Tatooine aboard his starship, the Slave I. Fett delivered Solo to Jabba, his some-time employer, and was many thousands of credits richer. Fett stayed at Jabba's palace, and was present when Solo's friends attempted to rescue the carbon-frozen smuggler.

Jabba, enraged at the attempted prison break, brought his captives out to the Tatooine desert, to execute them in the Great Pit of Carkoon. In the sandpit lay the immense Sarlacc, a vile creature that would digest its prey over thousands of years. Rather than let themselves be thrown in the Sarlacc's maw, Solo's friends, led by Luke Skywalker,

7. KOTORFan8

KOTORFan8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2005
    Approved by GM

Name: Alex D? Cannith
    Alias: None
    Homeworld: Alderaan
    Force Sensitive: Extremely strong connection

Appearance:
    Height: 1.72 m
    Weight: 72 kg
    Build: Deft, flexible
    Hair: Shoulder-length brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Skin: Tan
    Markings: Scar across right eye

Clothing: Black jumpsuit

Weapon(s): Stun Baton, Longsword, and a blaster pistol.

Personal Ship: Ascension, a Modified T65 Incom Corporation X-Wing Starfighter

Biography: Alex d? Cannith was 14 years old at the time of the Battle of Yavin; the son of an Alderaanian senator, Alex?s life would change after the Death Star destroyed Alderaan. Once a gifted fencing student at the Fencing Academy of Naboo, Alex left in the middle of his first term and became a freelance mercenary searching for the Rebel Alliance.
    He joined at sixteen and fought in the Battle of Hoth. After, he helped retrieve the Death Star II plans from Bothawui and fought during the Battle of Endor. D? Cannith was part of Han Solo?s commando group and escaped aboard the Millenium Falcon, with the rest of the team. Alex is extremely Force sensitive, but has not yet received any Jedi training.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Okay, I would like to say a few things. I am not the only GM for this RPG, Vassago is too. So, please, don't everybody send them to me. I am on limited on time here.

Also, we are only going to allow "high quality" RPers into this game, RPers that we see are fit to RP correctly. Don't take it personnal if you are not accepted. :)

I will post an updated charcter list shortly.

darth_nemisis

9. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Basic Information
    Name: Han Solo
    Alias: none
    Home world: Corellia

Appearance-
    Height: 1.8 meters
    Weight: Average
    Build: Slight
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Skin: Caucasian
    Markings: none

Clothing: Scruffy looking

Weapon(s): Heavy Blaster Pistol

Personal Ship: Millenium Falcon

Biography: can be found here: Han Solo Bio

10. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: Can I play the part of C3PO? If I'm not experienced enough for this than just let me know, and I'll gladly leave.

11. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    May I be Ackbar?

12. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Basic Information
    Name:Admiral Piett
    Species:Human
    Home world: the outer rim
    Force Sensitive:no

Appearance-
    Height:1.65 meters
    Weight:n/a
    Build:Well built
    Hair:brown
    Eyes:brown
    Skin:white
    Markings:none

Clothing:Imperial Admiral Uniform

Weapon(s):blaster

Personal Ship:Executor
    Biography:Unlike many of the privileged fleet officers of the Empire, Piett hails from the Outer Rim, and not the prestigious Core Worlds. He proved his mettle in the wilds of the galaxy's backwater, amassing an impressive record of "arrests and suppressions," and helping to make his sector one of the most secure in the region. For his flawless reputation, Piett was awarded numerous commendations and a promotion to the most visible fleet in the Empire, the Imperial Death Squadron.
    At the time, Vader's personal fleet was under the command of Admiral Griff. After Griff's failure to prevent the Rebels on Yavin 4 from escaping, command of the Death Squadron fell to the inept Admiral Kendal Ozzel.

Following Piett's promotion to Admiral, captainship of the Executor went to Lieutenant Venka, and later, Captain Kallic. Following the Hoth campaign, the Executor was recalled to Coruscant. Piett instead was stationed aboard the Accuser. He would return to the Executor in time for the Battle of Endor.

13. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    darth_nemisis Approved

Character Sheet

Basic Information
    Name: Carlton Jones
    Alias: Carl
    Homeworld: Alderaan
    Force Sensitive: Adept

Appearance
    Height: 1.83 Meters (6 Feet)
    Weight: 80.7 Kilograms (178 lb.)
    Build: Athletic
    Hair: Black (Close cropped)
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Skin: Dark Complexion
    Markings: None

Clothing: Jal Shey Advisor Armor

Weapon(s): Virbosword, Blaster Rifle

Personal Ship: E-Wing Starfighter

Biography: Carlton Jones was born on the no longer existing planet of Alderaan. He was raised under a poor family who lived in the slums. His father always taught him ways of life, such as survival of the fittest. He learned very well. He came to despise the Empire for their dictative ways, and when he came across some credits he took a shuttle out to Hoth, where some rebels were stationed. He was only a young man, when he was devastated by the news of the destruction of his homeworld. He was filled with anger, hatred and rage towards the Empire. His whole family, who he had promised to save one day, dead. Carl went on to fight alongside the Rebellion for a few years of his life. When the Empire outmatched the Rebels in practically every based assembled, he fled on his ship following the Rebel leaders. He now is stationed on Syylenen, along with the rest of his remaining companions.

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    BootlegVader, was that approved?

dragonsith13, you can be Ackbar.

And keep the sheets coming guys.

darth_nemisis

15. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    ph I thpugh you pnly had to be approved if it was character you made uo yourself.

16. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok thanks Nemisis... do I post a character sheet for him?

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    No. You will have to PM me a sheet first. Besides, I think Piett is taken already...sorry.

dragon, read the post.;) You have to PM me it first.

darth_nemisis

18. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    I just renember I have ready pmed you the Ch Sheat for piett I did it 5/5 8:41pm.

19. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: So will I be allowed to play C3PO, or am I not good enough for you guys?

20. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Oops, sorry Wandergaurd. Yes you can be him.

BootlegVader, we already have someone lined up for Piett. If he doesn't accept, you can be him.

darth_nemisis

21. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: Thanks Nem. I'll be sure to put on my best anal droid act. (I mean anal as in uptight, not as in the body part)

22. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM Approved!

Basic Information

Name: Firmis Piett
    Home world:

Appearance-
    Here

Clothing: Imperial Officer's Uniform

Weapon(s): Personal Q-2 Blaster pistol

Personal Ship: Super Star Destroyer Executor

Biography: This Imperial Naval officer had a spotless, highly-commended career in the Empire. A native of Axxila, Firmus Piett gained experience with the Imperial Navy by begin posted to his homeworld's anti-pirate fleet. He gained promotions and respect despite the fact that he was born in the Outer Rim, and not the Core Worlds. His leadership was evident even then, as Axxila's sector was quickly free of illegal activity. He was promoted to the rank of Captain, and was first assigned to work under Admiral Griff abaord the Accuser. When Griff was killed at Yavin and was replaced by Admiral Ozzel, Piett took over as Captain of the Executor. During the Battle of Hoth, Piett was promoted to Admiral aboard the Executor by Darth Vader after Ozzel failed to meet the mission objectives as defined by Vader.

23. Darth-Leahmic

Darth-Leahmic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Character Sheet

Basic Information
    Name: Ganir Dan'sey
    Alias: (If applicable)
    Species: Bothan
    Home world: Bothawui
    Force Sensitive: Very Small connection

Appearance-
    Height: 6'9"
    Weight: 254
    Build: Athletic
    Hair: Dark dark brown maine.
    Eyes: red-orange
    Skin: Light brown
    Markings: None

Clothing: His clothing changes because he is a spy for the Republic. I will most likely note what he is wearing.

Weapon(s): Twin blaster pistols, and various tools.

Personal Ship: Imperial Shuttle Enigma

Lightsaber Description: (If applicable)
    Hilt:
    Blade Color:
    Lightsaber Fighting Form:

Biography: Ganir has a pretty storied history of being a killed spy, although it is a bit hard to spy the Empire since they are racist against Aliens, he still finds various ways of spying. Doing all he can to destroy the Empire from behind the scenes. He has done so well that barely anyone trust him, not even the Republic. His small force sensitivity helps him also, as he is real good in hand to hand combat(If he gets caught.) and of course the Force helps him feel out his surroundings a small bit. Ganir's purpose in his life is to rid of the Empire, he wants no glory, he just wants to make sure that the Empire doesn't win.

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Okay, thanks for joining guys!

Updated character listing:

Imperials:
    Emperor Palpatine: darth_nemisis
    Luke Skywalker: Darth-Vassago
    Admiral Piett: Imperial_Hammer
    Boba Fett: Master_Kast7

Rebels:
    Leia Organa: Needed
    Han Solo: Spaceman_Spiff
    Alex D'Cannith: KOTORFan8
    Carlton Jones: Squishy_Vic
    Ganir Dan'sey: Darth-Leahmic
    Chewbacca: needed
    Lando Calrissian: Needed
    C-3PO: Darth_Wandergaurd
    R2-D2: needed
    Admiral Ackbar: needed

As you can see, we need more of each faction. So, ask around, and remember, we want good RPers, not those who only post a few sentances in one post. Once we get more players, and wait a few more days, we will begin. Also, we need Leia, she is very important to this story!

darth_nemisis

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Approved by darth_nemesis

Basic Information
    Name: Chewbacca
    Alias: Chewie
    Species: Wookiee
    Home world: Kashyyyk

Appearance-
    Height: 7 foot
    Weight: N/A
    Build: tall, muscular