1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive ~Dark Reign: The New Apprentice~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by darth_nemisis, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: Okay, here is the last of the posts, spare one, I am discussing something with that person via PM. So, let's get this rolling.

Nice posting so far guys. :)

LeiaHair, Darth-Zame43

Obi-Wan Kenobi, a legend among the Old Republic, and those who serve in the Rebellion; a hated enemy for those who serve the Empire. His image appeared before Leia in one of the underground caverns on the planet of Syylenen. ?I see you have become strong in the Force Leia, just like those before you,? Ben Kenobi said, as the newly trained Jedi knight was meditating. ?I think it is time, Leia, to gather a following. It is time to gather Jedi to train.? Obi-Wan stared at Leia awaiting a response.

Jedi_padawan_leigh, David_Skywalker

On the surface of Syylenen, Jeran Loskue and Alaine Kirral stood in a hanger of the secret Rebel base by the flight simulators.

?You think you are ready to start?? Alaine asked. She was an excellent pilot, and was in charge of helping some of the others learn to fly better for the time being, as they would need it if the Empire were ever to find this planet.

Soon after, Jeran replied. ?Yes, I am ready.? Simultaneously, they climbed into two different flight simulators, put on the headsets, and turned on the display screen.

?Do you copy?? Alaine asked. A click from Jeran indicated a ?Yes.? ?Okay, let?s begin.?

Okay, you two can interact right now in this flight simulator. Treat it as a real battle.

darth_nemisis
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC as Chewie:

Chewie woofed in agreement and shook his shaggy head at the computer display presented before them, giving support to his partner. And judging from the looks that were being exchanged around the room at the moment, Han needed that support. The rebels gathered weren't too thrilled with his proposal - even Lando himself had questioned it. Well, to be completely honest, Chewie wasn't all that sure it would work himself but supported his partner nonetheless.

Out of the corner of his eye, Chewie caught a slight hand movement coming from Han. The movement itself was quick and if he wasn't paying attention, would have missed it completely. It meant that Han needed to speak with Chewie outside - alone. And considering the current situation, that wasn't surprising in the least.

Trying to look as casual as possible, Chewie rose to his feet and moaned slightly to himself. He gave a curt nod to Han then to other rebels that were gathered around his vacinity before slipping out of the room.

TAG: Han, Lando
  3. David_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Jaren Loskue, Syylenen

Jaren hopped into the flight simulator, excited as usual. He loved these flight simulators, because since joining the Rebellion, he had never seen anything like it. The technology on Syllenen was nothing compared to what these so-called "humans" had brought along.

"Four fighters coming in at ten o'clock," he said. "I'll cover you."

Tag: Alaina
  4. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    TheEmperorsProtege

Shany Talar sat in a bar, drinking out of her cup of blue milk. She had just turned the legal age for drinking alcohol this year, but was not accustomed to the taste yet, so she didn't get it. Though, she knew it would be a matter of time before she started drinking it.

As Shany watched the news on the holonet, she saw an Imperial Officer talking. "Naboo has been stuck by Rebel Forces, and has been pretty badly damaged. There will be no way in, or out of that planet for quite some time..."

"It is pretty bad when the Rebel forces must stoop to destroying a beautiful world like Naboo..."

GM Note: Keep in mind, this is for storyline purposes only.

darth_nemisis
  5. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Han:

Once the three of them were alone, Han spoke. "Listen, guys, Leia has been talking crazy. She's been going on and on about becoming a Jedi like Luke, and she insisted on going into the mountains alone." He grimaced. "You've gotta know how I felt about that. So, here's my plan, short and simple: I'm going after her and stop her from following Luke's path. The Rebellion needs her alive. So, Lando, if you could please help Ackbar and the others plan our next move, maybe make some excuses, I'll make sure nothing blows back on you."

Next he turned to Chewie. "Old buddy, old pal, what I'm about to do could cause me to get in a lot of trouble. A lot of trouble, so I can't ask you in good conscience to come. If you wanted to stay and not risk possible charges of treason or dereliction of duty, I'd totally understand. I just hope you understand that I've gotta go after her. She'll get herself killed for a hopeless cause."

He looked at them, waiting to see how they would respond, whether positively or negatively. He had put it all out there for them.

TAG: Lando, Chewie
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC as Chewie:

Chewie feared something like this would happen. He had seen how restless Han had been since Leia had left. It was only a matter of time before he got the crazy idea to go out after her. But that might not be the best choice of action.

Chewie sighed slightly and stared Han directly in the eye. ["Cub, is that really the best decision?"] he woofed softly. ["She went alone for a reason. If you were to show up, it could jeopardize her goal - whatever that may be. Is that what you want?"]

TAG: Han, Lando

OOC: And just so you know, I'm putting all of Chewie's dialogue in brackets since he speaks in Shyriiwook and a select few can understand it.
  7. KOTORFan8 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Alex d' Cannith

Alex d' Cannith was tired of the Galactic Civil War. Two years ago, Luke Skywalker had turned to the Empire and the Rebel Alliance had lost the Battle of Endor, effectively scattering them.

He had been cleaning his stun baton once again as a man approached him. Alex knew the man as Carlton Jones, one of the many Rebels.

"Greetings, I am Carlton Jones. You can call me Carl. So, where are you from?".

Alex replied in a clipped Coruscanti accent.

"My name is Alex d' Cannith. I one of Alderaan's many survivors. Aren't you from Alderaan as well?"

Alex was interested; he had not met many Alderaan survivors.

TAG: Squishy_Vic
  8. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    IC as Carl Jones

Carl looked stun, in a way, at Zach. He wondered how he knew him. He didn't remember him. But nontheless, it was always good to see a friend from the same planet; especially one since this planet no longer existed.

"I am. Zach D'Cannith? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but I just don't remember you."

Carl said, expressing his sympathy. It was always hard to talk about his homeworld's destruction. It brought back memories. Bad memories. As Carl waited for a response, he kept his hands together, rubbing them, keeping them warm. It was a bit chilly in the hangar bay.

TAG: KOTORFan8
  9. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Han:

Han said, "But I heard her mention Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan!" he sputtered. "That crazy old hermit is the reason Luke is serving the Emperor. Now Luke is worse than Vader ever was. Do you really think Leia should be involved with Obi, or anything having to do with him, after all that? After all we know?"

Lando, Chewie
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC as Chewie:

Chewie turned his head away slightly at his friend's outburst. He had a point regarding Obi-Wan. If it wasn't for him, Luke wouldn't be where he is now - with the Empire. It was a shame, really, but Chewie was almost positive that all the blame couldn't be put on the old Jedi Master's shoulders.

["I know you don't think much about Kenobi,"] Chewie started slowly. ["But is he really to blame for Luke's downfall? He merely started him on his journey, it was Luke who made the decisions."]

He turned his head back to regard Han. ["I have faith that Leia would not go down the same path. You must have faith in Leia's decisions as well, cub."]

TAG: Han
  11. KOTORFan8 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Alex D'Cannith

"I am. Alex D'Cannith? I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but I just don't remember you."

Alex smiled warmly back at Carl.

"It's okay. I'm not well known on Alderaan anyways."

He knew it was hard for Carl to talk about Alderaan's destruction. It was hard for him as well; he had lost his entire family after the first Death Star had destroyed it.

He felt bad to bring the destruction of Alderaan up in the first place.

"I'm sorry that I asked you about Alderaan. It brings back bad memories for all of its survivors, both you and I. I know everyone hoped it could be different."

TAG: Squishy_Vic
  12. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Han:

"Han crossed his arms, trying to sustain the feeling of justified anger that was rapidly leaving him. "You're right about that, but I should still be there to help her. She'd do the same for me." The last he said with certainty.

TAG: Lando, Chewie
  13. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OOC: Opening post for Boba Fett coming up tomorrow afternoon.
  14. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    IC as Carl Jones

"I'm sorry that I asked you about Alderaan. It brings back bad memories for all of its survivors, both you and I. I know everyone hoped it could be different."

Carl shook his head, and wove his hand in the air. He signaled to Zach that it was alright.

"It's alright. I do wish it could be different; but what's done is done, and it cannot be changed. Only our future can. Although, I'd have to admit, sometimes I'd wish I could get my hands on the Emperor and kill him myself. I just don't have the power to do so. I don't mean to sound selfish... but I want revenge. I want to cause him and his Empire pain, suffering, death. Just as he did to my people. Our people."

Carl was now clenching his hands into fists. Had he not had gloves on, his nails would have dug through his skin. He didn't want to sound evil, especially in front of a friend. He shook head again, and looked back at Zach.

"I'm sorry. Just expressing my grief. Well anyway, how long have you been with the rebellion?"

TAG: KOTORFan8
  15. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: C-3PO

Threepio suddenly bursted to life, as Dan'sey worked on him. "Oh no!" He cried in an annoying tone. "I can't move! Hurry up and fix me, you buffoon!" He wailed, without giving his words a second thought. His voice continued to change pitch, as his eyes went from iluminated, to deactivated several times. "Oh! This is just terrible!"

TAG: Dan'sey, anyone

16. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Grand Admiral Renn Hokan

Aboard the Glory of Mandalore; Private Training Room Exterior

The ship had been unusually quiet for the way things were. He could only imagine what a satisfaction it would be to have a surprise visit from the Emperor himself, and to show how efficiently he ran things. This was expected of a Mandalorian. Knowledge of battle, military tactics, and formulating strategies. All was inherent to his bloodline.

He had fought a Jedi or two under the command of Lord Vader, at least until he was transferred and Darth Vader was killed. He had been given his esteemed position by Luke and the Emperor, and given their most esteemed praise. This brought honor to his name. Just by joining the winning side, the more honorable side, Renn Hokan felt complete.

But as for Jedi, Renn Hokan had killed a total of three Jedi. Four if you count some starfighter skirmishes. Hokan counted them. A victory for Mandalorians. He found Jedi hard to best in melee combat as long as they had their precious "lightsabers", and Hokan would find it extremely dishonorable to kill or be killed by such a weapon.

Thoughts raced through his head as he strolled by the Training Room. He stopped to take a glance inside.

He noticed a man, not just any man, but someone the Emperor had placed on his ship who had been attacking his own men. Instinctively, Hokan withdrew his blaster and kept it trained on the man before calling out to him.

"Vaughn Serrac," He said calmly, gazing through his Mandalorian visor. "Have you any idea how much training these men had to endure just to be stationed on this ship?" He pulled back his blaster, holding his arm at a 90 degree angle. "Leave some for the Rebels my friend..." He chuckled through his helmet, approaching him slowly.

He eminated an aura of calm. Not that he knew it himself, it was just something that any Force-Sensitive could sense. As such, he meant this man no harm as far as he could tell.

TAG: HandofSkywalker86

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Alaine Kirral

Alaine Kirral grinned slightly as she watched Jaren jump into the simulator. The Syylenen native had never seen technology like it before joining the rebels. Putting on her headset and closing the hatch, she readied herself as the display screens came to life. TIE fighters swarmed around simulated space. Jarens voice came through her headset

"Four fighters coming in at ten o'clock," he said. "I'll cover you."

"Copy that two"

She replyed. Her voice steady. Kicking her fighter forward and turning, she manuvered behind two TIE fighters. The enemy fighters juked, left and right, causing it to be a slightly difficult target to aquire. Alaine linked her lasers and continued the chase. The targeting brackets of her display flickered a few times, then went green as one eyeball tryed a sluggish turn. She fired, the lasers ripped through the hull and was followed by a fireball. The cockpit shuddered as she flew through the disipating fireball, tiny bits of shrapnel hitting off the shields. Looking at the second TIE, she noticed it was having trouble retaining control, its left solar wing panel damaged.

"One down, One flying wounded Two. Put it out of its misery"

TAG: Jaren
  18. HandofSkywalker86 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC as Vaughn Serracc:

Aboard the Glory of Mandalore, Private Training Room

Vaughn was enjoying this session. Not so much for the killing, he took no joy from the death of others but, the raw feeling of using all of his abilities, holding nothing back in a life or death struggle. Truth be told it was the hightest of highs to face an impossible test and prevail nonetheless.

However Vaughn began to release his hold on his force powers as he felt a sentient approach. It wouldn't due to have others know just how good I am. thought Vaughn sarcastically as he impaled the last grunt with a nearly invisible slash of his blade and a sickening crack.

Just then the door opened and a warrior strode forth. This being emanated a sense of danger and barely restrained brutality. Another test? thought Vaughn wearily as he turned to face the uninvited guest. He regretted the thought the moment he truly focused on his visitor. It was none other than the Grand Admiral himself.

Grand Admiral Renn Hokan was one of the most revered and feared warriors that the Empire had ever produced. A fierce warrior in his own right it was his exceedingly impressive battle strategies that had earned him the honor of the white uniform.

"Vaughn Serrac," the Grand Admiral said calmly from behind his blaster. "Have you any idea how much training these men had to endure just to be stationed on this ship?" Wisely he pulled his blaster from . "Leave some for the Rebels my friend..." Said the Grand Admiral, as he approached young Serrac slowly now emanating an aura of calm professionalism.

Vaughn noted that the Grand Admiral used his true name, not his alias Dalen Starskimmer. Perhaps it was a show of his position or a genuine gesture of acknowledgement. Either way Vaughn disliked it. To almost all aboard the ship he was nothing more than a highly sought after mercenary. But to the privelaged few, such as Renn Hokan, the Emperor had given him the background as an Imperial Inquisitor empowered by the Emporer himself to hunt down traitors to the Empire independent of the chain of command. Neither were entirely false yet, either description failed utterly to describe his rather unique position in the empire.

"These men were rebels Grand Admiral. They came to this room prepared to end my life." he said in a practiced earnest voice as he cleaned his sword with one hand. The holocamera in the room would show 27 assorted beings file into the training area and train all of their blasters and then it would malfunction due to his ion bomb. He was sure that his master had taken care of any other evidence that may have been needed. "Unfortunately for them I am somewhat skilled in self defense..."

I need a shower thought Serracc with a tired glance at his blood laden armor, luckily none of it was his own.

Tag: Zedd-Vega
  19. LeiaHair Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Leia

Leia swollowed hard. Me leading Jedi? She thought. She pushed the thought away as quickly as it had formed. "Gather Jedi? I thought they were all dead."

TAG: Obi Wan

OOC: I have finals this week... and I think I got in some major trouble at home... so I might not post as often as I would like... we'll see.
  20. David_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Jaren Loskue, Syllenen, Flight Simulator

"Copy that, one," Jaren told his partner. He looked through the virtual X-wing cockpit and found an Imperial fighter flying sloppy. "I have you now!" With a pull of the triggers, two lasers flew from the X-wing and blew the fighter right out of the sky, followed by a barrage of sparks. "Got him." Just then, his ship rocked as a laser clipped his wing and started a small fire. "There's one on my tail," he told his partner. "I can't shake him. I need some backup. Arfour, see what you can do about the fire." The astromech droid beeped an affirmative.

Tag: Alaina
  21. Darth-Zame43 Jedi Master

star 4
    ic Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Gather Jedi? I thought they were all dead."

"Dead? No, Leia you forget, you are a Jedi." Obi-Wan Kenobi replied soothingly.

"There is more Jedi in the galaxy, waiting to be awakened. They know not of their abilities, those who would have been trained had the Empire not risen. You will train them, as I trained you." Obi-Wan sat silent for a few moments, letting Leia absorb the information she had just heard.

"You will not have it as easy as Luke, Master Yoda is not alive to help further your abilities. We are both limited, we are both ghosts. We can only help to a certain degree Leia, you must be strong." His image began to fade, like a candle whose flame is dying out.

"You can be strong with others. Build upon each other, together you can rise. Let the force guide you."

Obi-Wan Kenobi vanished.

tag Leia
  22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC as Chewie:

Chewie nodded his head slowly, beginning to realize that trying to change his friend's mind was a hopeless cause. ["Perhaps she would, cub. But you must do what you think is best for her."]

He paused for a moment. ["Of course whatever decision you come to, I will back you all the way. You need someone along to look after you and make sure you don't do anything stupid."] A low laugh escaped his lips eventhough he was sure Han wouldn't find it very amusing.

TAG: Han
  23. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Han:

Han smiled. "Look on the bright side there, buddy, at least we'll get out of these boring meetings and get back into the cockpit where we belong."

TAG: Chewie
  24. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OOC: Hokan doesn't wear the white uniform. He wears his Mandalorian armor. More honor he believes.

Grand Admiral Renn Hokan

Aboard the Glory of Mandalore, Private Training Room

Hokan looked to the corpses strewn about the room and shook his head, supressing a laugh. "I trained these men myself, and I would know if they were loyal to our Emperor or not. No Rebel could infiltrate my ship without me knowing. One thing about me, I watch security tapes over and over. Changing of the guard, third-hourly shifts, and even breaks are observed by me."

Hokan kicked over one of the stormtroopers and knelt down, sliding off the dead soldiers helmet. "And any Rebels that even set foot on my vessel would be immediately spaced."

Hokan stood and observed the mercenary once more. "You may be skilled as a mercenary Mr. Serrac, but keep in mind that this is my ship. If you feel like killing someone for sport, Moff Jerjerrod is waiting for you on the bridge." The Grand Admiral was joking of course. The Emperor prized both the Moff and the Grand Admiral, and both had much respect for the Empire. Each had their own way of showing it, but it could be seen in their walk and their verbal presence.

"As for your skills in self-defense, leave the soldiers aboard this ship alone. If you'd like, you can torture some of the prisoners in cellblock 6-D. The Emperor no longer needs them alive, and I was going to space them within the hour anyway..." Hokan turned, but kept his hand on his blaster. He was a paranoid man in more ways than one.

If someone with that much prestige and honor watched security tapes from his ship over and over again, just to see if there were any abnormalities or malfunctions, he was surely a beast when it came to battle.

TAG: HandofSkywalker86, darth_nemisis, BootlegVader
  25. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Shany Talar

Nar Shadda, seedy bar

Shany didnt really pay attention to anything. her thought where somwhere else. but then she heard something about Naboo. She looked up and saw aholonet newsfeed with an imperial officer saying "Naboo has been stuck by Rebel Forces, and has been pretty badly damaged. There will be no way in, or out of that planet for quite some time..."

She stood up like struck with lightning. "naboo..." she whispered. Why would rebel forces strike naboo? She lloked worried, but then her features turned into determination. She flipped the bartender some credits and stormed out of the bar.

Nar Shadda, streets

Shany hopped onto her borrowed swoop and made her way to her ship. as soon as she got there she abandoned the swoop and raced to her ship. skipping any preflight checks she blast into the atmosphere and made her way to orbit. the Nar Shadda traffic control wasnt too happy about that. Shany just switched her com unit off.

She entered the necessary coordinates into her nav computer for Naboo ad as soon as she was far enough away from Nar Shadda she pushed the hyperspace lever.

space, en route to Naboo

Shany was getting restless. it would take her quite some time to get to naboo. not trying to imagine what the friggin rebels will have done to that beautiful planet by now she checked her gear and tried to get some sleep

Tag: Darth_Nemesis
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.