main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Dark Reign...The Next Marvel Event ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    While Peter and Norman definitely have more history than anyone else, it will most likely be a combined effort of all of the New Avengers and possibly Tony Stark too. Clint Barton especially has a bone to pick with him. In NA #54 he said "We're going to have to kill them all" when he saw a TV interview of Norman talking about his Dark Avengers. I also wouldn't be surprised if Steve Rogers becomes the rallying point for some sort of revolution once he returns.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Thats been my theory since he died.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Dark Reign....hmm, how many Marvel titles am I presently buying due to this? About 5.

Are any of those explicitly Dark Reign-tagged? One, Secret Warriors.

Yep, in the immediate aftermath of Secret Invasion Marvel managed to annihilate its standing on my pull list with this move. Oh, I'm keeping an eye on developments, will likely pick up the following in TPB several months down the line:

Invincible Iron Man: Vols 2-3: Worlds Most Wanted

Right now that's about the only one guaranteed because I have erious doubts about quite a few of the other titles and story developments.

On the other hand, I can't get enough of War of Kings!

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've liked a few of the Dark Reign titles, though I've focused on Dark Avengers, Secret Warriors, Invincible Iron Man and War Machine, as well as anything Deadpool (the recent Ms Marvel issue, etc). I don't think I'll be devling into the "Dark X-Men" and other titles though. And no matter how many times they shoved the preview in our face at the end of other issues, I just don't care about Agents of Atlas. At all.

Then again I tend to like these "between big event" times like DR and The Initiative. So long as you understand it's not a crossover and you don't have to buy everything and just see it as an era label.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    My biggest problem Quest remains inability to buy into this at the conceptual level. Consequently whenever Norman Osborne and the Dark avengers turn up they tend to quickly have a very negative impact on the story. Notable examples being both Thor and Captain America 600.

I know a lot of people are enjoying Dark Avengers, but for myself I feel I've already read the story with Ellis' Thunderbolts hence not so interested.

6. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    [image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/8244434431_full4038064.jpg]

Possible foreshadowing of the beginning of the end for Dark Reign maybe?

7. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am intrigued by the Target Lost screen. Wondering if that will be the catalyst that will topple Norman's empire. Though part of me wants them to take their time with this and really let the story with Norman as top dog go on a while, I really want to see him go down, and go down hard. :p My question is...who was he watching there?? Stark, Bucky??

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The end of Dark Reign?

Well here's what we know: Marvel said by fall '09 the direction would start to become clear, at this point Fraction's World's Most Wanted arc in Invincible Iron Man concludes.

At the recent WizardWorld / HeroesCon events Marvel announced The List specials, which is what the Iron Patriot Acts was a teaser for - these detail Osborn's acts against various long-time adversaries.

Captain America Reborn is a 5-issue series, so barring delays concludes November and Breevort is on record as saying it needs to be on time due to other plans. He's also mentioned things are building to a showdown but not in the way people think, which I suspect will be Marvel's big 2010 event.

JMS is leaving Thor in September due to a looming Siege Of Asgard event, now say that comes before Marvel's big 2010 event and you have the seeds for the reuniting in truth of Thor, Iron Man and Captain America.

Presently running is the Dark Avengers-X-Men crossover Utopia that'll see major changes to the X-books, so a possible alliance between the heroes and mutants against Osborn may also result. (Equally, it's likely 2010 will see Messiah Apocalypse finishing off the trilogy began by Messiah Complex.)

And then there are the likes of the Hulk, Daredevil and Fury - the last of whom is especially active against Osborn in Secret Warriors.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I think that's Skaar, the Son of the Hulk. Possibly teasing the Planet Skaar story that is coming, which is essentially World War Hulk II. This leaves Daredevil as the odd man out. Have he an Osborn ever even interacted before? Maybe he'll get pulled in via the Bullseye connection. Matt wouldn't be to happy to hear that Bullseye is running around as a superhero.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's been confirmed to be a teaser for the Dark Reign: The List series of one-shots.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Anyone else following up on Dark Reign? I'm really liking Iron Man, Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Thor, and several others. I can't seem to get a hold of a copy of Dark Reign - The List: Avengers or Dark Reign - The List: Daredevil

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The Utopia crossover with X-Men has been old-fashioned fun, and The List is excellent so far. Dark Avengers and Dark Wolverine are good dark fun.

I'm really loving this event, but it better is heading somewhere. I'm starting to get sick of Osborn's hairdo surfacing everywhere. :p

And a new teaser:

[image=http://comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1253122728.jpg]

The end of The Cabal? It would be a fitting end.

13. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    By and large, I like dark Reign, but I'm starting to a resolution. I really like Dark avengers, the utopia cross over, new avengers, the american son arc of spidey and iron man.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Norman Osborne was been a slick one in the Dark Reign series. I love the way he has been able to maneuver through all the media attacks from Clint Barton and Scott Summers, as well as keeping the Dark Avengers egos in check and for the most part working together.

Moreover, living in the San Francisco bay area, it was cool to have the X-Men set up shop here. I especially love the panel of Colossus attending a Raider game.

I've been hearing good things about Iron Man Most Wanted, but I'll wait for the trade to come out and catch on that.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Most Wanted has been very good. Haven't read The List yet and decided to avoid the other smaller crossovers. Just sticking to Dark Avengers, Avengers: The Initiative, Invincible Iron Man, War Machine and Deadpool, as well as anything Deadpool cameos in (the Red Hulk stuff has been interesting, though I'm only really reading it just now- I only skimmed the debut arcs).

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    The List one-shots have been pretty hit or miss. I would recommend the New Avengers one as well as The Punisher. The List: Punisher was amazing and looks to change Frank Castle forever when Wolverine's son Daken kills Frank in preparation for the upcoming Frank-n-Castle storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.