main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Side Cloud/presence in the force.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ThePenkhullPimp, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePenkhullPimp

ThePenkhullPimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I have looked through the official threads and the first few pages and I can?t find this thread but if this is a repeat, sorry please lock it.

I have been having discussions about the Dark Side cloud on another thread and about how a Jedi or Sith detect a presence in the force.

It would seem that at the moment in the PT the Jedi cannot sense the Sith I am guessing the Sith can sense the Jedi.

Luke seems to have no problem sensing Darth Vader in the OT.

However in the OT the Emperor does not sense Luke in ROTJ.

I have been wondering if there is a possibility that Anakin could in some way be connected to the ?Dark Side? cloud.

I will liken the ?Anakin effect? to if you put a powerful magnet in a room with a television and destroy the picture only getting glimpses of normality.

At the moment he is stopping the Jedi sensing the Sith but when he joins the Sith it seems that he stops the Emperor sensing the Jedi. The Emperor being unaware of Yoda (possibly OB1 Kenobi) further shows this.

Obviously Darth Vader can sense OB1 and Luke but is connected in a much deeper way with both, OB1 being like a father and Luke obviously being his son,

I think Darth/Anakin is outside the any ?rules? because he is the chosen one.

Furthermore if Yoda and OB1 cannot be sensed by The Emperor because of Anakin?s power then The Emperors greed in seducing Anakin has actually led to his downfall, the force could then be said to of used Anakins power to hide the remaining Jedi.

A back up plan from the force? When it all goes wrong.

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Luke seems to have no problem sensing Darth Vader in the OT.

I think the Sith have to delibrately mask their presence. That's probably why Luke could detect Vader on the Executor, if he even did detect him after all he could just assuming that's where Vader is.

However in the OT the Emperor does not sense Luke in ROTJ

Vader would be able to sense Luke easier than the Emporer because A) He's his son, and B) They've been in contact before which seems to help Jedi sense someone.

But you do bring up a good point about Anakin clouding the side that he has chosen. It could very well have something to do with the Prophecy. But the Jedi didn't detect the Sith rise before Anakin was around either.

3. ThePenkhullPimp

Jan 23, 2003
    I believe the Dark Side cloud is connected to the prophecy, it may have been mentioned some where?

QGJ had already faced Maul but they don't seem to sense him on Naboo.

You would still think that The Emperor could sense Luke or have forseen him coming, he knew the Rebels were coming.

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    QGJ had already faced Maul but they don't seem to sense him on Naboo.

Yeah, but Maul would have masked himself.

And the Emporer also thought it was strange that Vader could detect Luke approaching Endor and he could not.

5. ThePenkhullPimp

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm not particularly sure the Sith have been hiding for 1 thousand years there is a quote from GL saying that the Sith were resurrected.

It seems that Palpatine made his move just as Anakin was about to be discovered.

6. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Palps may have made his move when Anakin was found, but he was training Maul many years before Anakin was born. And Sidious had to come from somewhere aswell.

7. ThePenkhullPimp

Jan 23, 2003
    Maybe that will be explained I doubt it though but he doesn't have to have trained Maul any where near the Jedi, when he became Chancellor though he needed this cloud. I don't think Anakin is wholly responsible for the cloud just part of it.

Anakin is throwing everything out of balance.

I agree its all linked to the prophecy.

8. ThePenkhullPimp

Jan 23, 2003
    The Sith were around before Anakin infact Palpatine was probably at the senate (guess)but the Dark Side cloud seems to be a new thing in the TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.