main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark side Force powers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ceifer, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    How many different kinds of Force powers are there that are exclusive to the Dark Side. Everyone knows of dark force lighting and I think there is a dark force storm ability as well. I think you see this dark force ability be used in the Dark Empire comics, I can't remember. Does anyone know of any other kinds of dark force powers that you have heard of.

Also, within this same thread I'd like to see some ideas of dark force powers that YOU have in mind. One dark force power that I have in mind and I'm betting A LOT have in mind would be "dark force fire". This ability enables a dark sider to shoot fireballs from their hands, streams of fire from their finger tips like the force lighting and many other fire related attacks.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    As far as I'm concerned there're no Powers that are "exclusive" to one side or the other, it's just that there are certain ones that tend to be used for one side. For example, Force Lightning would be good if you didn't have a defibulater handy. :)

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    No powers are exclusive, but each one can lead you closer to the thin red line.

At some point then lightside powers tend to be shut off.

Where as a pure lightsider would find it hard to use any darkside powers.

Callista had shut herself off to lightside powers, and it's hinted in darksaber that she could acess the dark.

"Also, within this same thread I'd like to see some ideas of dark force powers that YOU have in mind. One dark force power that I have in mind and I'm betting A LOT have in mind would be "dark force fire". This ability enables a dark sider to shoot fireballs from their hands, streams of fire from their finger tips like the force lighting and many other fire related attacks."

That's kind of like force destruction.

4. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I was playing that "foul" N64 game earlier, Conkers Bad Fur Day and this idea came to mind. Dark Side Urine, [face_devil]. Now this would be an interesting ability to see when in use, 8-}.

5. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    You can go to the following site for a listing of all known Force powers (Jedi, Dark, Sith, Jensaarai, and some homebrew orders) from West End Games, home-brew, and SWRPGNetwork (Wizard of the Coast D20 powers converted to D6 only)
    http://www.angelfire.com/games3/SWRPG/Default.htm

You can also go to the SWRPGNetwork and Dark Lords of the Sith websites for some home-brew ones as well.

As for the powers listed in WotC, get the Core Rulebook (original or the yet to be published revised edition) and Dark Side Sourcebook. There are two more in Starships of the Galaxy Sourcebook, but they're not Dark Side Powers.

6. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Actually, there are a couple (based on the Dark Side Sourcebook)...

Transfer Essence - Requires training in Sith Sorcery, which a typical light-sider isn't gonna get.

Alchemy - Also requires training in Sith Sorcery.

All the rest of the skills that I see listed can be used untrained, basically, or with requirements that can be met by either side. (oddly enough, it doesn't say anything in here about Force Lightning... hmm...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.