main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dark Side Kyle Katarn/w Power of Valley vs. Luke

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 4, 2002.

?

Dark Side Kyle Katarn/w Power of Valley vs. Luke

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Kyle Katarn

40.7%
  2. Luke Skywalker

46.3%
  3. Don't Know

3.7%
  4. Don't Care

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
  2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I'll be damned if anyone can beat good old Luke :cool:

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'll be darned if anyone can beat good old Luke. :cool:

4. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    I'll be hornswaggled if anyone can beat good old Luke :cool:

5. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    that's funny.

6. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Yup, I think Luke would win. He knows Kyle really well and it shows in JO. Luke is more tuned to the force too I would say. Just my thoughts.

7. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Luke will whip Katarn using his pinky finger.

8. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Shavit! Ill eat Bantha Poodoo before someone beats Luke

9. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Well, it's just like a role playing game where you build up your own character to become more powerful than "famous" characters. Like someone creating a Star Wars RPG (you know, the kind with dice) that could take out Darth Maul or Vader.

Would Kyle win? I dunno. He was pretty badass at the end of DF2 (I so much love the darkside end cutscene more than the light side). He probably would.

In reality (as far as the Star Wars universe is concerned), without our personal bias, would he win? Probably not.

-Jomero

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    According to the novel, and audio dramas, and the prophecy for which kyle katarn was born the chosen one of, is that he is guardian of the valley of the jedi. He is the only one that can defend it. Luke said that it was kyle's prophecy he couldn't interfere if he tried he would die if he tried to defend it.

According to the prophecy which still stands even after he freed the spirits since the valley is still an energy source, as long as kyle is tied to the valley no one could defeat him without dieing in the process. So in this case luke might win and kill kyle, but he would die soon after. Beyond that the books say that kyle katarn is the most classically sword trained jedi, and the most skilled at that training. Luke's way of fighting lacks finesse. The book also hints that if kyle was to win and take over the valley but fell to the darkside he would be unstoppable. Kyle is also the reincarnation of one tal, a jedi of 1000 years before anh. Memories that kyle unlocked during Jedi knight giving him even more skill in fighting. As well even vader knew that the force was strong in kyle katarn. So all of these factors are something to factor into the equation as well.

Basically the EU has already written Kyle as being something great, almost like anakin skywalker. A chosen one of prophecy. They have already stated that if he took over that most likely he would utterly destroy luke. But case stands that that even if luke was to win he would die doing it. So it really isn't an arguement, the Official word has already explained it in black and white.

11. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Well, I've just wrote in this post that Luke would totally annihilate Kyle and live to tell the tale, so the infinities you refer to are totally irrelevant.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Dark Forces books are not Innfinnties actually, just look at the Official Timeline.

They are part of the spans multiple eras series of darkhorse material. IE, kyle prophecy, and history, spans over 1000 years worth of history. They are as canon as any other canon lfl material. They are still written in black and white and LFL's version of the information. Since it is canon it is completly relevent to the arguement.

So you have misinformed knowledge which is completly innaccurate fan drivel and is completly irrelevant.

13. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I'll see you in Hell!

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Watch your tone Valiento. There's no need to get so riled up over a hypothetical jedi vs. jedi fight poll.

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    He makes a valid argument, and it gets shot down with a wrong argument. Why cant he get riled?

16. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Are you infering that I am wrong!?! I'll see you in Hell too! ;)

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    He can get riled, but there's no need for that tone. It's begging for a flame war to erupt.

Over what? Who would win a fight between Luke & Kyle? Pleeeease.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You are reading too much into my post, JP, :(, all I did was give the facts,and I put no emotion into it. I was just correcting the misinformation.

19. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Okay, enough bickering. Valiento, despite your ignorance ( ;) ), let's stop arguing.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You know if we are talking about flames, calling me ignorant, and calling Officially valid arguements infinnities and irrelevent, and telling people to go to hell, are all flammatory, [face_plain], I don't understand your anger, :(.

21. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Ok, JP, something is wrong with your modding when you warn Valiento for giving a well thought out opinion and the next guy writes "I'll see you in Hell!" The only thing I can think is that your biased against Valiento for some reason or that barnsthefatjedi is your friend. In either case, JP, you are the one out of line.

22. Internet_Drama

Internet_Drama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2001
    Hello, friends.

23. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Ok, I won't get into the "EU canon" debate. See my sig for my opinion there.

But if this prophecy states that Kyle is to be the protector of the Valley of the Jedi and that nobody could beat him as long as he's defending it.... wouldn't Luke be able to stomp his arse *as long as Luke isn't trying to take over the valley*?

Luke = Son of the man who was the chosen one and conceived of by the Force itself. Only person even remotely capable of defeating the Dark Lord of the Sith, Vader.

Kyle = Guy who shows up with some Force ability who stands in a laser lightshow to get some marginal "skillz."

To me, it's like trying to compare a "Suped-up" Honda Civic to a Ferrari.

-Jomero

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Umm all canon means is means if you translate it from it's greek language, is "law, statues, rules, etc". All it means is when lucasfilm declares something canon, which they have the right to do, given to them by lucas(and lucas hasn't given up a fight to stop them, and he doesn't mind), is they they are setting law down as to what is firmly part of 'the official continuity'. Fans do not hold the copyright laws so can't declare what is and isn't by law part of continuity.

Don't get so afraid of the word canon, it really isn't anything special. Not worth really worrying about, or flaming people by calling them deluded over.

The matter is any time that kyle is using the power and if luke was trying to stop him from using said power, then the prophecy activates. That is how it works.

I must also point out that son of a chosen one doesn't make one a chosen one. Luke is not his father and the only reason he beat his father according to the novelization of the movie was because two things, first his father didn't want to kill his son so he didn't use all his powers, he held back. Secondly his son tapped into the darkside briefly by using dark rage, to strike his father down. Had vader wanted to kill luke, and had luke not tapped into the darkside, vader would have whipped his son. As well I must point out that midis are not defined by genetic history. Most jedi are taken from homes as children from homes whose parents do not even use the force. As well those born of previous jedi haven't always been force senstive, or even half as powerful as there parents. Sometimes they become more powerful than there parents, it varies. Midis are not something defined by heredity according to the EU, infact midis are not really known anywhere what how they react, except that lucas has said they are like mitochondria. In the case of real life mitochondria count which they believe varies from individual to individual is not defined by genes or hereditary.

25. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    If they are indeed like mitochondria then one could increase or decrease a midi count by excercising force powers or letting those force powers rot, because mitochondria increase in numbers during and after exercise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.